Page 4 of 8 
Username Post: Sisterhood of the Travelling Scrap Bear        (Topic#1500857)
naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 06-02-09 01:15 AM
In response to Scatter

I love all the pics!!!!Brad looks like Hugh Hefner with his girls

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to naf

Those bears should be getting frequent flier miles,,,,,

LOL, would love to add up the MONEY spent on some 2.00 bears for mailing,,,,,LOL

craftysprinkles
Queen
craftysprinkles
In response to craftysprinkles

• craftysprinkles Said:
  • Scatter Said:
Mandy what is that a 68 Chevelle? Awesome car. Brad's stylin'.

It's a Chevelle, but not sure if it's a 67 or 68? I will ask my hubby. He also has a 63 Nova SS Pro Street and a big old Chevy mud truck, so he can't complain one bit about my scrappy hobbies lol.

I found out that it's a 72 Chevelle. I was off by a few years.

Scatter
Guru
Scatter

Me too, but those years are kind of a blur for me.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Scatter

um, enquiring minds want to know WHY they're a blur for you, Paula?????????

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to Scatter

Sisters, Bellie has arrived safely in New Jersey!

Just to let you know, she'll be staying inside her bubble for a few days since it looks like we have the flu in our house.

I'll keep you updated as to when she'll be allowed out for fun and games prior to departure for Honolulu on the 16th.

scrappy grandma
Angel
scrappy grandma
In response to CommaHolly

well hello my friends that ae here i just fell into this one by accident.
what is this fourm and what do you all do here except chat.

needsomething to do. i am so bored.
so is his a chat or a swap.
. holly, flight anyone else, canexplin .
and now have to figure out how i found this.
he,he,
joan .scrappy grandma.

Eltringham
Idol
Eltringham
In response to scrappy grandma

Hi Joan Glad you found us! Welcome!

Scatter
Guru
Scatter

• CommaHolly Said:
um, enquiring minds want to know WHY they're a blur for you, Paula?????????

Ah...umm....mmmm.... I don't remember.

*evil grin*

Was it Mick Fleetwood who said if you could remember the 60's you weren't really there.

Scatter
Guru
Scatter
In response to RockStar

• flightobl Said:
Sisters, Bellie has arrived safely in New Jersey!

Just to let you know, she'll be staying inside her bubble for a few days since it looks like we have the flu in our house.

I'll keep you updated as to when she'll be allowed out for fun and games prior to departure for Honolulu on the 16th.

Sorry to hear you are ill. Hope you're better soon. Tell Bellie I said Hi!

Scatter
Guru
Scatter

• scrappy grandma Said:
well hello my friends that ae here i just fell into this one by accident.
what is this fourm and what do you all do here except chat.

needsomething to do. i am so bored.
so is his a chat or a swap.
. holly, flight anyone else, canexplin .
and now have to figure out how i found this.
he,he,
joan .scrappy grandma.

Hey Joan!! We've got a couple of stuffed bears traveling the country. Everyone will take pictures and post them when they have a visit.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to Scatter

Sisterhood of the Travelling Scrapbear
By Flightobl

I guess it was only a matter of time before one of our bears hit a Hot Zone, but don't worry, Bellie is being very well taken care of. She'll stay inside her protective bubble until we're sure that we're clear of the flu.

And then it's off to Hawaii on the 16th!! Woo-hoo!

Scatter
Guru
Scatter
In response to RockStar

OMG that's a hoot, I love the way you have her surrounded by all the things she may need if she does get ill. The soup, the vicks, the dayquill. And of course the crayons and book to keep her occupied!!
I love it!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to RockStar

• flightobl Said:

By Flightobl

I guess it was only a matter of time before one of our bears hit a Hot Zone, but don't worry, Bellie is being very well taken care of. She'll stay inside her protective bubble until we're sure that we're clear of the flu.

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL omg that QUARANTINE sign has me laughing hysterically!!!!!!!!

How like you, Raquel, to have such a great sense of humor about it!!!!!!!

Hope y'all feel better soon!!!!!!!

craftysprinkles
Queen
craftysprinkles

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 06-03-09 11:52 PM
In response to RockStar

• flightobl Said:

By Flightobl

You are the best!!!!!!

KITswpa
Veteran
KITswpa
In response to naf

Also besides being on the ball to keep Belle safe and comfortable, I can see her size next to the products and can start making her a bed and chair and get her room ready! Take care of my little Bellie! Also, get well so you can travel in comfort and enjoy this vacation! Get your REST!

scrappy grandma
Angel
scrappy grandma
In response to KITswpa

thank you shawn nd everyonebut i am stil confushed,and for you ladies that know me. you know i am always confushed. and can't spell either.
my mind and body are here but i think my brain went south where it is warmer! he,he,
hugs, joan

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

Ok Joan, I sent you a pm, hopefully I was able to bring you into our little 'bear world'!

And thanks everyone for your well wishes! Dh came home yesterday with soup and crackers, AND the documents from the travel agency for our trip, so I'm feeling better already!

Too bad dd has it now, so we're nowhere near 'clear' for Bellie to come out of her bubble yet.

Edited by flightobl on 06-04-09 05:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Eltringham
Idol
Eltringham
In response to RockStar

Great picture Rachel! You are beautiful!

Hi Joan, Don't worry about the spelling, all you need is a sense of humor. I'll take a belly laugh over spellcheck any day! Our little bears are on a great adventure, visiting great places and wonderful people. It's alot of fun, seeing the pictures and hearing the stories.

KITswpa
Veteran
KITswpa
In response to Eltringham

Joan I just stumbled on this thread on the message boards one day and it said they were going to start taking names and requests for dates for this tiny bear to visit everyone! I thought it was funny and I had never done anything so goofy in my life and thought it was time to come out of my shell and invite someone from the internet to come to my house for two weeks while they visited this area! I know it is not the safest thing to do in these times but I could not help it! I signed up immediately! I think it was the thing about it being limited to only a few people that made me do it! I wanted to be part of a small group of crazy scrapbookers! Well then the next time I checked back there was posts asking for suggestions for names and then a growing list of people that signed up and our fearless leader could not turn anyone away! We added another little bear to the journey! There has been a few disappointments when we were go excited and someone's kids spoiled it by telling us that a Koala and a Panda are not really BEARS! OH MY! But it seems we got over that shock quickly and continued to open our homes to these tiny little creatures that are living out our dreams! For example: Bellie is going to be out of Quarrantine soon and be off on a plane to Hawaii to enjoy two weeks with her adopted family and then come back and be mailed to me for a two week stay here! I can not wait! We have lots of plans for her and hope she does not arrive with too bad of a sunburn! I can handle the tan! Hope this helps you realize you have become part of a crazy group that is sharing more than just scrapbooking ideas we are sharing in this Siterhood of the Traveling Bears! Welcome and follow along! We also have a blog where we post too.

Edited by KITswpa on 06-07-09 06:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to KITswpa

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL KIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joan, you can't spell, and I use too many commas,,,,

shrugs,,,,they get us the way we are, dear Joan Like someone said,,,I'll take your laughs and sweet personality over correct spelling anyday,,,

don't ever change

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren

Hey guys! JCI! Glad to hear that Belle made it safely there! How's the quarantine going? Are you feeling better?

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to tmgarren

I'm getting better, gradually, but dd's got it now. We're hoping dh is spared. I figure Bellie's got to stay in her bubble for at least a week until we're sure.

What a weird time of year for flu to be going around!?!

Edited by flightobl on 06-05-09 11:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to RockStar

We're off to visit Ma at the home today and Bellie's coming with, baggie and all.

Field trip!

Scatter
Guru
Scatter
In response to RockStar

LOL The Bear in the Plastic Bubble Takes a Field Trip.

We'll want a full report!!

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to Scatter

By Flightobl

It's such a gorgeous day to finally get out of the Hot Zone! Here we are just before taking our ride up to the 9th Floor, the Alzheimer's Care Unit.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to RockStar

By Flightobl

Bellie has the heart of a true volunteer! Here she's helping Mom place a cellphone call long distance to her sister in Chicago. We also brought along photos and mementoes to show her of last week's graduation party.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to RockStar

By Flightobl

Isn't Bellie sweet? Here she's standing by Nurse Marie, assisting with the dispensation of the noon medications! Too bad there isn't a tiny little candystriper uniform for her to wear!

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to RockStar

By Flightobl

A perfect day for a carwash!

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to RockStar

By Flightobl

The kids were more than happy to take a break to pose with Bellie! Lucky for the bubble - she might have gotten soapsuds in her eyes!

Scatter
Guru
Scatter
In response to RockStar

Way to go! Those are great.

I'm glad to see Bellie having a wonderful time in spite of being quarantined!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Scatter

omg, how hilarious, Raquel!!!!!! At least you get her for a bit longer, because of the way we did the schedule!!!!! Here's hoping everyone is feeling better before the trip to Hawaii!!!

3MiniSchnauzers
Idol
3MiniSchnauzers

JCI Great pictures of Belle!

KITswpa
Veteran
KITswpa
In response to 3MiniSchnauzers

Oh this could be a whole new thread! Bear in a Bubble! Deep Sea Diving Bear......Bear in Space! White Water Bear! Summer is not far away! Neither is Hawaii! I enjoyed the photos of Belle helping out where she can! By the time she gets to me she will have enough experience to be a RN! I think I have to up my visit plans. How do I compete with all that fun and Hawaii?

Edited by KITswpa on 06-07-09 06:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to KITswpa

Dd's better but I want to give it another 3-4 days just to make sure Dh doesn't get it. If he doesn't show signs if illness, I'd like to get Bellie out of her bubble by end of this week, so let's all cross fingers!

Eltringham
Idol
Eltringham
In response to RockStar

Great photos! Have fun in Hawaii!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO poor bellie, but I'm sure she'd appreciate not passing along those germs

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

You have until June 22nd if anyone wants to participate in the scrap your pet rock challenge,,,it's been extended I'm thinking up a good RAK, and have already picked up a couple things for it So if you're interested, decorate up a pet rock, do up a LO, and head over to the challenge board1!! Rules and submitted LO's are now on the front page

Edited by CommaHolly on 06-09-09 03:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

Just popping through saying good night!!
I am super tired!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to DawnInAZ

Hi Dawn!!!!!!!! EVERYONE is exhausted,,,,,is there a full moon or something?????

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica

Just stopping in to say hi!

craftysprinkles
Queen
craftysprinkles
In response to Scrap Chica

JCI

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

We haven't forgotten you guys! We're just busy getting ready for Hawaii - I do plan on posting one more update before departure on the 16th.

Where's Brad?

Edited by flightobl on 06-09-09 04:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

craftysprinkles
Queen
craftysprinkles
In response to RockStar

I have Brad... I am going to send him to Canada tomorrow.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Did you have fun with him, Mandy???

craftysprinkles
Queen
craftysprinkles

• CommaHolly Said:
Did you have fun with him, Mandy???

Yes we had a fun time... Unfortunately we had an uncle pass recently so the Brad time got cut short and now we have a ton of birthdays this month so I figured I had better send him off before I forget.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

So sorry about the loss of your uncle Mandy.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to RockStar

I've lost track of this thread, so I'm signing off.

craftysprinkles
Queen
craftysprinkles
In response to RockStar

• flightobl Said:
So sorry about the loss of your uncle Mandy.

I appreciate that. We are all doing well and we have a month full of tons of birthdays so we are going to be busy.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Mother Goose

• Mother Goose Said:
I've lost track of this thread, so I'm signing off.

I'm not sure what you mean, Kay? Do you mean that you're not wanting the bear when it's your turn?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I'm so sorry, Mandy,,,,,,,that's terrible

Did the bear go off to Canada today?? Just let me know when he's mailed so we can do a bear watch!!!!!

lydbug
lydbug 
Idol
lydbug

can i join? whats this all about?

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to lydbug

Commaholly started this lydia, we have 2 bears, Bellie and Brad travelling all over to people on a list. Bellie is with me now until the end of this month. She'll be coming with dh and me to Hawaii on our vacation. The bears just hang out with us and our families, doing what we do and we post all the fun pics of them here. See if Holly can get you on the list!

KITswpa
Veteran
KITswpa
In response to RockStar

Trying to catch up on the location of the bears. I know that Bellie is on her way to Hawaii soon if she has not already arrived there. I am just waiting for photos! I think that Brad was mailed to Canada? Did he arrive? What part of Canada? What island(s) in Hawaii? If I know this then atleast I can watch the weather reports for that city or search online for tourist attractions? I hate not knowing.........can you tell I am bored? 5:30 A.M. Sunday morning and I am checking on the location of two bears!

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to KITswpa

Hey, actually, we leave for Hawaii Tuesday. We'll be in Honolulu for 4 days, then we board Norwegian Cruise Lines Pride of America and sail for 7 days to the other islands.

The brochure says that the ship has an internet cafe - I really don't feel like lugging my laptop with me on this trip and dealing with TSA, etc. So if I can, I'll try to post during the cruise from there!

For the cruise part of the trip, we depart from Honolulu on the 4th day and go to Maui, then from there we go to the Big Island stopping in both Hilo and Kona, then we go up to Kauai, then back to Honolulu, so it's 11 days total over 4 islands.

Today we'll be going to Borders for paperbacks, finish up cleaning the house so we come home to clean house and bedsheets, and finish up last minute packing. Bellie is already in my purse so she doesn't get left behind accidentally, ala Home Alone.

And guess what? Instead of riding in cargo, this time Bellie will be travelling in style - First Class all the way!!

Edited by flightobl on 06-14-09 03:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to RockStar

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Bellie,,,,,I asked Crafty to let me know when she mailed Brad, but I haven't heard anything yet,,,,,,,,

OK, I'm gonna PM Crafty and make sure that she mailed Brad to Canada I'll let you know what I find out,,,,,,

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

OK, I emailed her,,,,I remember there was a bit of time between them,,,,,,,he was going to Ladybing Tammy by the 24th, so I'm not tooooo concnerned about it,,,,

but I'd like to know WHERE he is one way or another,,,,

she had said she was going to mail him, so just so we know one way or another if she has done so or not

Scatter
Guru
Scatter

I think we need ankle bracelets for the pair of them!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Scatter

lol, she's mailing him Monday, so he's off to Canada Monday,,,,,I asked her to let me know as soon as he was postal so we could be on bear watch

craftysprinkles
Queen
craftysprinkles

Sorry for the delay everyone... We have had a huge family issue involving one of our children come about that is very serious. The bear is packaged, postage paid and is getting dropped off at the PO in less than 2 hours. I will come back in later to let you know he's left my hands.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I hope everything is ok, Mandy,,,,,is your child OK???

don't sweat it, the bear has time,,,,,doesn't have to be in Canada til the 24th and today is only the 15th,,,,,,although it does take DAYSSSSSSSSSSSS to get to canada,,,,,,

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

ummmmmmmmm if it's going to canada then you need to fill out a customs form,,,,,,it cant just get "dropped off",,,,,,,

you need to wait in line and fill out a form that tells them what is IN there,,,,,,

you need to write "gift" on there,,,,,,,,so there's no customs fees,,,,,,

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

Mandy, hope everything is alright with your family.

Eltringham
Idol
Eltringham
In response to RockStar

Sending prayers your way Mandy.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

We're finally departing at 7am for Hawaii ladies. If I can find an internet cafe, I'll post. If not, then I'll post as soon as I get home at the end of the month.

Take care all, Aloha from Bellie and me!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to RockStar

ALOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAA BELLIE AND RAQUELLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!! !!

I want to see photos of the two of you in little grass skirts with shells over your um,,,,,well your um,,,,,unmentionables!!!! !!!

KITswpa
Veteran
KITswpa

I can not wait to see the photos from Hawaii! Enjoy your vacation. Watch for other little stoyaways from Austrailia trying to come back to scrapbook with you and Bellie! I hope you are all feeling stronger and can enjoy your vacation in the Sun.

craftysprinkles
Queen
craftysprinkles

• CommaHolly Said:
ummmmmmmmm if it's going to canada then you need to fill out a customs form,,,,,,it cant just get "dropped off",,,,,,,

you need to wait in line and fill out a form that tells them what is IN there,,,,,,

you need to write "gift" on there,,,,,,,,so there's no customs fees,,,,,,

Holly - I sell on Ebay internationally and you can still prefill labels along with customs online to basically any country at USPS.com so I did just drop it off at the PO. I PMed the recipient and she told me the value she wanted, marked as a gift, item teddy bear. All done online.

Edited by craftysprinkles on 06-16-09 08:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

craftysprinkles
Queen
craftysprinkles

By the way everyone I appreciate your prayers very much.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

oh, ok,,,,lol, well, the value of the bear is 2.00 usd

well, I hope your child is ok, Mandy,,,,,prayers offered, honey,,,,I had serious issues with one of my children for several years, and it takes alot out of you, so take care of YOU as well honey,,,,hugs,,,,

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 06-16-09 09:54 PM

Just stoped by to say HI everyone, Bellie is a very lucky koala girl!!!
Mandy, hugs and prayers for your child and your family!!!

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to naf

JCI - I've been out of touch for a bit, and it looks like the bears are having a great time. Looking forward to my turn!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to provinca

Mandy - I hope all is well with you! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I haven't been around - home computer screen died. And I am moving - not too worry - Brad will get forwarded to me if he doesn't get here before the 29th. Although I am moving tomorrow I still have my keys etc for him.

Sometimes it does take a while to get here.
My plans changed again and I am flying home to Nova Scotia on the 26th so I hope he is here - he will get to celebrate Canada Day with me!!!! That is like your July 4th (without the revolution part).

I expect he will be arriving some time early next week.

Scatter
Guru
Scatter
In response to Ladybing Tammy

That is like your July 4th (without the revolution part).

ROTFLMAO!!! That's a hoot!!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Scatter

Yeah we aren't very good at taking what we want - we always ask first and then apologize when we get it! LOL

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

LMAO,,,,us americans have always been a bit,,,,er,,,,rude

3MiniSchnauzers
Idol
3MiniSchnauzers

checking in. Mandy my thought are with you and your family.

Looking forward to getting Bellie for our trip to the beach in Hatteras Island, NC.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

omg, Debbie your little furbaby pic in your avi is so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

I may lose my job.
I am just numb right now.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to DawnInAZ

oh Dawn, what's going on honey? The economy? what do you do for a job?? I'm so sorry honey,,,,

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

I don't know most Americans I know are a bit ummm fun!!!

3MiniSchnauzers
Idol
3MiniSchnauzers

• CommaHolly Said:
omg, Debbie your little furbaby pic in your avi is so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thanks!! They are my babies!

3MiniSchnauzers
Idol
3MiniSchnauzers
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
I may lose my job.
I am just numb right now.

I'm so sorry to hear that.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

I lost my job on Friday.
I worked in a pediatric cardiology office for NINE years. Office drama that spun horribly wrong in my direction. I didn't do anything wrong, either.

I have some ideas brewing.
May consider bankruptcy cause I am drowning in bills and no job and apply for (gasp) SCHOOL GRANTS!!!

I am seriously nodding off right now.
Exhaustion just slammed me hard.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to DawnInAZ

wow,,,,nine years is a long time for office drama to cause problems,,don't you just hate it when that happens??? I've worked in the same place for five years and new management is just making it MISERABLE,,,talk about nepotism,,,apparantly I didn't brown nose the right employee for the past 3 years, and now she's management,,,,her BFF can get away with unlimited absences and never showing up on time though apparently,,,,

I'll be praying for you, honey,,,,

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

Oh Dawn I am so sorry to hear this - thinking of you and sending you some prayers. Perhaps your plan may lead you to something much better. Big hugs.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

Oh yea, I am unemployed. Have been with this office for NINE years. This specific office drama has been mostly the past couple weeks, but I found out it was brewing since the new tech started.
The dr called me into his office at 4:30 Friday and asked me to sit down. He said, "You know we have always been very honest and frank with each other." I agreed. Then he says, "Well, I may have to let you go." I was like
I said, "MAY? This is being frank and honest? Am I terminated, yes or no?"
He nodded and said, "Yes, you are."
I said, "May I ask why?"
He says, "There is a whole laundry list of mismanagement."
I said, "Name some please."
He says, "Well, Marianne is giving me the list at lunch on Monday, so I don't have them right now."
(Case for wrongful termination, no?)
(Marianne is the ultra sound tech hired two and a half months ago with ALOT of management experience who has had the dr's ear and has convinced him I was horribly mismanaging the office.)
I said, "Are you kidding me? You are terminating me, but the reason is 'pending lunch'?"
He shuffled uncomfortably in his chair and said, "Yes."
Then he asked me if I would resign, so that it would make finding another job easier. :oooo:
I had to compose myself a moment, said "yea and you wouldn't have to pay unemployment either."
Then I said very sternly, "I AM NOT QUITTING!"
Yes other things were said, by mostly me, but I was real careful not to cross the line. It was tempting, but I did not.
At one point he asked me if I would stay on to train the new person, once they are found and hired. I looked at him incredulously and said, "Seriously???? Oh sure, that would go over well. I would just say, 'Hi I am the one he is firing and I am here to train you," Then I said, "No, You just chose to terminiate me and now you have to live with that decision and EVERYTHING that goes with it. You should have thought about this beforehand."
More things said, yes mostly by me, then I started sobbing and had to leave his office and start packing my desk. He came out to the area my desk is in, and I turned and looked at him and said, "Just so we are on the same page, I am being fired as of right now, correct?" He said, "Yes."
(The rest of the ladies were gathered at this time, so this was out in front of them all. Purposefully, I might add.)
There were more phone calls once I left, including one where he wanted the password to the computer at my former desk. I gave it to him and then said any other passwords or info, they would have to figure it out. He asked me, "Won't you help me?" I said, "Hey, YOU chose to terminate me the way you did. All those times I offered all that info to you and you said you did not need it. Well this is exactly why the owner of a business needs to know this stuff. So now you have to deal with the consequences of YOUR choices." Then he told me "bye" and hung up.

So I talked to my coworker after I left Friday, and she bargained to get ALOT more money to take over what I was doing. They are putting an ad in the paper for a second person, cause that office cannot run without two full time people, as I have ALWAYS said.

So I just love you guys here on the site. Ironically enough, I have had more concern from people here, than friends offline. My baby sis has been calling me alot, which touched me as well. Went out with her and her hot new fire captain boyfriend tonight to Red Lobster. That was my one meal today.

I have lost ten lbs since I last weighed myself last week sometime. I ate only dinner today (Saturday) and only breakfast the two days prior to that.

KITswpa
Veteran
KITswpa
In response to DawnInAZ

Dawn I am sorry to hear you lost your job! I think the idea about school grants is a good idea and very possitive thinking. Don't dwell on the past, use this to launch into the future. Things will work out! I can not tell you how many times I have heard this same story over the last year. I think the professionals are just coming into terms with the economy. Making poor choices on how to let employees go and burning their bridges. Like you said he is letting one go and going to hire two. Payrolls are cut many ways and you have been the one that has that experienced it this week! Worry about yourself and grow stronger! I am sure what goes around will come around and he will realize that his way is not going to gain him points! He can be dropped like a hot potatoe too when insurances and hospital rates rise he might find himself looking for a job! Don't give up scrapbooking, we need you and you need to use up what materials you have and photos you have waiting to find their way onto a page! Take care!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to KITswpa

oh Dawn, please ensure you get some proper advice from people in your area regarding unemployment and perhaps wrongful dismissal. There should be a couple of agencies that can help.

In the meantime we are here should you need to vent or 'talk'. Take care. Please try to remain positive - I know it is difficult but it will help you through this.

Eltringham
Idol
Eltringham

Dawn, sending prayers your way.

KITswpa
Veteran
KITswpa

Stupid question! Have we heard from our traveling bears? Brad was going to Canada and Bellie has not sent us any photos from Hawaii! I hope that Brad does not have to go to quarantine and he is up to date on his shots! Wonder if Bellie will learn to surf?

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to KITswpa

Brad has not shown up yet but I moved on the weekend. We do not get Saturday postal service in Canada so I'll have to somehow climb out of my bed and go check (I have the old place until Friday).

Unfortunately I have a bad case of the flu so it may have to wait until tomorrow.
I best get well soon as I have to fly out on Saturday to go home to Nova Scotia for the week.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to KITswpa

• KITswpa Said:
Stupid question! Have we heard from our traveling bears? Brad was going to Canada and Bellie has not sent us any photos from Hawaii! I hope that Brad does not have to go to quarantine and he is up to date on his shots! Wonder if Bellie will learn to surf?

it takes a good week or more to get to Canada, and Bellie is on a SHIP in Hawaii, lol, and most likely we won't get any photos until Raquel gets home,,,,,,,,,

it costs big bucks to get online on a ship,,,I spent like 40 bucks to get 45 minutes of computer time on my last cruise and it took HALF of that just to sign in!!!!! downloading photos would be way too expensive,,,,,,,

not to mention, her DH would probably divorce her after 25 years of blissful (ok, as blissful as humanly possible) marriage for getting online to send pics of a BEAR on her 25th aniversary cruise!!!!!!!!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Dawn, honey, I am so sorry,,,,,I'd phone the equal opportunity employment agency (EEOC) and see if you have a case for wrongful dismissal,,,,

at the very least, make them sweat, and regret firing you the way they did,,,,,,

after 9 freakin years they fired you at the say so of someone there 2 months? They'd better have reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaally good documentation or they may live to regret that,,,,,,

seriously, call them,,,,,,,,,what's the worst that can happen? You dont have a case and there's nothing they can do for you? You're no worse off than you were,,,,,

businesses REALLY don't like to hear from the EEOC,,,,,,,they get very nervous,,,,,,,and break out into cold sweats (evil smile)

Edited by CommaHolly on 06-22-09 08:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Dawn, here's an article for you,,,,,

http://employment.findlaw.com/employment/employment -emp...

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

Brad did not yet arrive - I'll check tomorrow.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Exactly what day did he get mailed? whenever I mail something to Canada, I'm told 5-10 business days,,,,,,,

it's usually about 10 full days (not business days),,,,

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• CommaHolly Said:

OMG Holly, you have no idea how much you just made my day!!
The dr was always saying how we had a "thousand year contract."
After reading that article, he implied I had a contract which means he broke it by firing me.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:

OMG Holly, you have no idea how much you just made my day!!
The dr was always saying how we had a "thousand year contract."
After reading that article, he implied I had a contract which means he broke it by firing me.

hum de dum de dum de dum,,,,,

really? geeeeeeeeeeeeeeee poor Doc,,,,

I'm really feelin for him right this minute,,,,NOT.

call them.

Page 4 of 8 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics