Username Post: transparency adhesive        (Topic#1501203)
badmojo17
Veteran
badmojo17

I've got vellum tape and I'm wondering if it will disappear the same way on transparencies? If not, what do you use?

Thanks!!
Products Referenced in This Post:
Scotch Vellum Adhesive (Discontinued)

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to badmojo17

I haven't had much luck with vellum tapes and transparancies..

I love the vellum adhesive by Glue Dots

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to mjmone

On full page transparencies, I've used clear photo corners. On stamped images on transparencies, I've used liquid glue under the stamped area. You could also stickle over anything that shows through.

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere
In response to johnsusan8

On smaller transparencies I use vellum dots. On larger ones (which I've only used once), I used some vellum dots and then brads.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Aunt25
Aunt25 
Queen
Aunt25
In response to CatScrapsHere

ZipDry glue works really well under transparencies.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Aunt25

You can staple it, or use eyelets or brads to attach it. That's what I often do.

Thaiti30
Expert
Thaiti30
In response to badmojo17

• badmojo17 Said:
I've got vellum tape and I'm wondering if it will disappear the same way on transparencies? If not, what do you use?

Thanks!!

For Vellum I use Thermo Web vellum adhesive runner, xyron 510 machine, and K&Company vellum tape.

Don't use 3L Adhesive by scrapbook adhesive it srays white the whole time behind vellum.

Good luck with you purchase!

badmojo17
Veteran
badmojo17
In response to Thaiti30

Here's the layout that I'm working on. Nothing is glued down yet. The word Love and the definition below the picture are the transparencies I'm wanting to secure to the page. I wanted them to pretty much be seemless. The only thing I can really come up with right now is to secure them behind the photo. Still trying to think if there is a better way.

"Love" Childhood Memories By Badmojo17

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl
In response to badmojo17

Badmojo, just had to say I love the quotes in your signature line.

As to the adhesive question, I've used Sticky Dots (the kind that come on a full page), xyron , and Scotch Vellum Adhesive with acceptable results.

badmojo17
Veteran
badmojo17
In response to GemGirl

Thanks GemGirl! There are so many wonderful quotes out there, but those are two of my favs.

Thanks for all the suggestions! Flightobl had suggested Glue Dots behind the black letters, and that's a great idea that I didn't think of! I think I'm going to try that. I'll make sure to post the finished LO in my gallery

Rae_M
Rae_M 
Diva
Rae_M
  • Rae_M on 04-14-09 08:47 AM
In response to badmojo17

I just tried to use Zip Dry glue under a transparency a fe days ago, and it works well. I put a little too much under there, so used the Basic Grey rub on tool to push the extra out from underneath it. You could use something else though.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics