Username Post: What do you want NEXT??        (Topic#1503939)
CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

OK, so I finally got my MM trimmer which has been on my mind for a month or more now,,,,,mothers day gift,,,,,,and I honestly thought that that was the ONLY decent sized thing that I really wanted (I don't count paper and consumables here that we are always replacing),,,,,

but now I find myself wanting the Cuttlebug for embossing,,,,,,I was eyeing it 5 minutes after picking up my trimmer, lol,,,,

LOL, I guess the wanting doesn't really END,,,,

so,,,,,what is it that you want NEXT??

Scatter
Guru
Scatter
In response to CommaHolly

I got a Big Kick last week, now I want the ATG gun. And of course some dies!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Scatter

LOL, I got the ATG and immediately started thinking about the MM trimmer!!!!!

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to Scatter

The wanting never ends. I think you NEED a Cuttlebug, Holly! I LOVE mine!

The next thing I want is an ATG gun!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to JayAndXansMom

I think you're right,,,,,I NEED one!!!!!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

oh,,,,,and you NEED an ATG gun angie!!!!

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom

yep..it's all about the needs...

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom

• CommaHolly Said:
oh,,,,,and you NEED an ATG gun angie!!!!

No doubt and I will be getting one soon. Just gotta wait for the graduation $$ to come rollin' in!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Congratulations on the graduation I graduated from college in 1989,,,when my middle son was a year old It's not easy when you have small children but well worth it

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom

Thanks Holly! It's been a long journey for the past 2.5 years, but it's over and it was well worth it! Honestly, it's been a great experience!!

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 05-07-09 08:56 PM

I want..the Gazelle!!!! ....and eveything that is on my wish list!!!

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool
In response to naf

I want some Cricut Dies and a new rolling tote.

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to Fortunes Fool

I want a bind it all....
I think I need it...

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to Renee77

• Renee77 Said:
I want a bind it all....
I think I need it...

YOU NEED IT! YOU NEED IT!

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to gg loves Matthew

Well I just got a DreamKuts so I am good for a few days!!! bwahahahahahahaha

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

LOL,,,,,the BIA is on the back of my mind too, but I'm not sure I'd use it enough to make the cost worthwhile,,,,,,,

we'll see,,,Ive just started making mini-books though and I am addicted to them!!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

• gg loves Matthew Said:

Gina gina gina,,,,I am disappointed in you There must be SOMETHING that you want,,,,

or do I need to enable you and return the favor you've done for me so very often??? There's a coupon for 10% or 15% off (can't remember which) all regular priced items in M's ad this week!

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew

• CommaHolly Said:
  • gg loves Matthew Said:

Gina gina gina,,,,I am disappointed in you There must be SOMETHING that you want,,,,

or do I need to enable you and return the favor you've done for me so very often??? There's a coupon for 10% or 15% off (can't remember which) all regular priced items in M's ad this week!

bwahahahahahaha (did you notice I said a few days? bwahahahah)

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 05-07-09 09:27 PM

• CommaHolly Said:
LOL,,,,,the BIA is on the back of my mind too, but I'm not sure I'd use it enough to make the cost worthwhile,,,,,,,

we'll see,,,Ive just started making mini-books though and I am addicted to them!!!!

Me too, I started a mini album (vintage)for my little one and I LOVE IT!!! today I was thinking about the BIA too!!!OMG shopping never ends!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to naf

Naf, you NEED one, and I give you permission to BUY one

I am sure your DH will be THRILLED !!!!!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Will someone please give me permission to buy one too???

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew

• CommaHolly Said:
Will someone please give me permission to buy one too???

you got permission!!! you work hard and you need a treat...it is mothers day and you can buy yourself a gift as well!!!

ummm how was that?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

that was AWESOME Gina!!!!!!!!!!! Now go buy something else!!! You deserve it!!!

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

don;'t faint, it takes energy you should spend shopping!

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew

I am waitin until CK in June and then I will make up for lost time!! lol!

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 05-07-09 09:42 PM

• CommaHolly Said:

That's why I love this forum!!! bad thing the only store that has it is HL and I dont want to go there because I hate its manager !!!!maybe I'll send a friend to buy it for me with a coupon!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

OOOOOOOOooooooooooohhh ok, as long as you have a PLAN!! Plans are very important!!!!

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to naf

• naf Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:

That's why I love this forum!!! bad thing the only store who has it is HL and I dont want to go there because I hate its manager !!!!maybe I'll send a friend to buy it for me with a coupon!!!

VERY GOOD PLAN!!!!

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew

I'm off to la la land ladies.....so I can dream sb goodies!!

sweet dreams to you!

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 05-07-09 09:47 PM

Why did I read this post!!!???? You guys are the little devil on my shoulder!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to naf

giggle,,,,,I feel oh so tonight too!

Goodnight Gina,,,,,,,,sweet scrappy dreams

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 05-07-09 10:10 PM

Sweet dreams Gina!!

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz

Spellbinders Nestabilities!!! Sooo been eyeing the new ones and I am trying to convince myself that I not only want, but I neeeeed them!! That inverted scallop circle is just oooohhh!!!

Edited by JaymieLiz on 05-07-09 11:04 PM. Reason for edit: To show the pretties!!! :)

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to JaymieLiz

OK, ignorance warning,,,,

WHAT exactly do you do with nestabilities???

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz

Oh no, it is not ignorance, I only recently discovered them - on accident... on here... went to local store bought one of the older ones and the mat to use with it and now I just think they are wonderful dies that are compatible with just about any of the die cut machines, I use mine with the BigShot or BigKick, but they are comp. with a lot of them, they have excellent videos on here about them. I posted a topic and people all responded so great, that's why I ventured out and got a little starter kit, and oh my - what they can do - you get a cut, it embosses - and you can color thru the die - just fabulous!!! This one is really great and informative - WARNING YOU WILL GET HOOKED LIKE I DID!! My friend wanted to slap me when I showed her

http://www.scrapbook.com/myvideos/332483/fav/4 71.html

Edited by JaymieLiz on 05-07-09 11:37 PM. Reason for edit: to add the video :)

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to JaymieLiz

LOL, well I have a cricut and do NOT have a manual die cut machine, and I am thinking it might be a good thing!!!!!!!

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz

Oh that Bug is a source of my spending issues as well.... they have a catridge I am sooo thinking about, it should be what I get next - storybook - it looks fantastic!!

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean

I'm thinking about the BIA too. Holly, I think you should consider the Sizzix Bigshot. Here is a chart that shows the different dies they both use. It helped me decide which one to get.
Products Referenced in This Post:

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to traceyjean

hmmmmmmmm looks like it might be more stable on the table (pun intended )

My grandson has the cuttlekids and one of OUR issues with it is you REALLY have to holddddddd it down while cranking,,,,sometimes it takes TWO people!!!!!!!!!!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmm

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz

Aaaww yeah - the big shot or big kick is the best bet and they are solid, that chart shows too that those have the highest compatibility rate and they do weigh a good amount so not a lot of movement - if any plus.... you can cut such thick things with the Originals and the Bigz- felts, fabric, I cut like 3 sheets of felt at a time with my Bigz... imagine never having to buy another felt or fabric flower again, and don't get me started on felt and fabric alpha.....so worth the plunge if you are into it! While I do own a couple electronic cutters, most of my items have at least a portion of Sizzix in them!

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to JaymieLiz

Oh, Comma Holly I think read in another post you did like kid friendly items - my 6 yr old nephew uses my big shot and big kick no prob yes always with supervision - he just loves it - and the machine can take it - they create so many dies for projects they can actually bring to school etc - you and kids would love it!

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to JaymieLiz

i still want a bind it all

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to SuperAllyFan

Kimmi, we have given everyone on this tread permission to buy a BIA today I am just waiting for permission to buy a big kick/big kick (what the devil is the difference???????)

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 05-08-09 03:33 AM

Love this post!!

Holly - think seriously about a BigKick/Big Shot. I swear girl - you absolutely NEED it - no doubt in my mind!! I use mine all the time to emboss and to cut out die cuts.

Now to you ladies talking about the electric die cuts - yup - those are NEEDs and I give people permission to buy them right now - you NEED them and will "help" the economy - right...

Those of you coveting the BIA - I don't use mine as much but ya - its a great tool. I have the blue one that I waited forever to justify and got it right before the pink one came out and I wish I had the pink one cuz only think chipboard fits the blue.

I also love my crop a dile.

But my big ticket item if I were to get one would be a bunch of STAMPS. I have a ton and I covet a ton more. Or I would buy all the ink refills for my SU! inkpads.

Or I might get some storge stuff..but thats boring...

Andrea

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to ekip2

that's my problem with the BIA, Andrea,,,,

I just can't justify the purchase,,,,sigh for what? a few books a year?????

I'd like something to emboss with first I am seriously considering the bigshot/bigkick,,,,

what's the diff?

chattycat
Expert
chattycat

I just pre-ordered the new QuicKutz Epic Six! Will cut all dies like the cb and bs and it's a REALLY great price.

Now I find myself wanting the Silhouette SD really bad. I'll probably wait until July or Aug. The new QK digital downloads are SO cute--that's why I want this machine now. I already have the Cricut with SCAL so it's really just a matter of wanting this machine, no need for it. BUT--twist my arm--I'll do my civic duty and support the economy by dropping a couple hundred on this little baby.

heehee. This whole "support the economy" thing is really working to my advantage with dh. He's just been so doggone understanding lately

Edited by chattycat on 05-08-09 04:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 05-08-09 04:37 AM
In response to chattycat

Holly - the BigKick and the BigShot are the same machine believe it or not. Both are made by Sizzix. I got mine at M's with a coupon ages ago just to emboss as I already had the smaller sizzix - I love it - come to think of it I should sell the old red machine shouldn't I??

I find the sizzix sturdy on the table when I use it as someone mentioned above (whichh is why I chose to get that machine) but If you go to crops alot the Cuttlebug is lighter to carry.

Just think - once you get that you'll NEED dies!!~

Andrea

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to ekip2

hmmmmmmm don't know if I need it for die cutting,,,,,I've got a cricut Create for that,,,,,although there might be some extra cute ones I pick up,,,,mostly I want it for embossing

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 05-08-09 04:59 AM

Holly - I have a baby bug Cricut too! I use the sizzix to cut chipboard/felt etc. Sometimes I think the Cricut takes time to make sure I cut the right size and then change the size a abit whereas if I'm in a hurry the Sizzix is just one size...course I have my dies from back when that is the only die cutting available besides the QK squeeze - which I have and should also sell!

Andrea

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to ekip2

I could imagine using it for something like that I can imagine using it for quick shapes like stars and circles and things,,,,,,

there's some stuff I want to change the size of though,,,,,,,so of course, Andrea,,,,,we NEED both!!!!!!!!!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

I got the MM trimmer last night as an early Mother's Day present. I guess the next thing would be cricut cartridges. I am always wanting those.

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole
In response to cpowife

I so want a heat embosser! With a ton of colors of embossing powder!

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to Jordannichole

I really don't think I have any "big" purchases on my Want LIst right now. There's a whole bunch of new paper lines and goodies on my list, but that's about it.

I'm waiting on and really wanting the Cricut cart with the silhoutte images on it and I also want the MM carousel. Just saw this back in stock at M's yesterday. Maybe a Motehr's Day gift;)

Kitty_wOlf
Guru
Kitty_wOlf

• CommaHolly Said:
that was AWESOME Gina!!!!!!!!!!! Now go buy something else!!! You deserve it!!!

the atg was more then "I want" for me... i is a way of spending less money on glue of course....

i just got a heat gun..... and powders... so i can't wait to play with them!!!

Wiser1
Wiser1 
Idol
Wiser1

I have been thinking about a Cuttlebug too! I am just trying to wait. Hmmmm, what am I waiting on??

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Wiser1

The only thing i can come up with ( i just ordered the cricut deal with the 2 cartridges with the free jukebox on tuesday.. where is that UPS man anyways..) is maybe upgrading to the ATG714- (oh my too funny- the UPS guy just dropped off my package!!)back to the gun- i always feel like it is going to be too big for my "area" not for my hand or too heavy - just having that big ole tape gun in my way.. but ... would like to save $$$ on my adheasive bill!! So, im going with the ATG714 as my next wanted item!!( i have a $50 gift card that i could put towards it) and Holly- you crack me up!!! i always love reading your posts!!

luv2scrap:)
Guru
In response to ChansGram

My want list is pretty large right now...

The next thing that I am for sure going to buy is the ATG--I am ordering it 1st thing Mon. morning(my dh doesn't want me to buy anything with my bday $ until after they give me my Mother's Day gifts on Sun. (so I don't buy anything that they picked out for me). I'm 95% sure that there will be no ATG, but I agreed so I will wait a few more days.

A few of the other things I want right now that I am considering are Prisma colored pencils, stamps for card making (I just started making cards and would like some birthday, and special occasion stamps to use on them), Technique Tuesday big timber meadow stamps, more border punches (so addicting), and the Cuttlebug (for embossing).

I'm not sure what else I will get with my birthday money yet--I am leaning towards the Prisma pencils. I might wait until xmas to get the Cuttlebug--it would be an easy idea for DH, or my mom to pick up (alot of scrappy items I like to pick out myself).

Guru
In response to luv2scrap:)

Did anyone see the new electric Big Shot on QVC--it looks so fun! You just press a button and it sends your die, or embossing folder through for you without any cranking. It is the cute pink & black colors too! If I were rich I would probably have every die cut machine there is to own just for fun--I also think the MM slice looks fun!

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz

Oh yes, I saw that bad boy - ugh!!!! I so don't need another sizzix machine, and I think my head would be put on a spike if I did.....but - can you imagine how smooth!!! TO just plug it in the corner - and oohh la la!! I will always love Sizzix!! My 1st true love, and it still stands - the frames make me crazy!!!! I even used mine help make Halloween costumes - it cut's the fabric so I just used my dies - the kids were M&M's - and I have the Bigz Alpha - so great to run the felt through and bam - an M - just run through, iron on and bam!!! I have made countless appliques with that bad boy!! My Aunt comes and makes cuts for her quilting - she adores the nested hearts and stars for her quilts.

Guru
In response to JaymieLiz

I don't need it either, but you should have seen the drooling I was doing while I watched the demo for it! It just looked so fun to push the button and send your folder through. I have been wanting something to use for embossing, but the Cuttlebug is way too much cheaper, and takes up less space for storage.

Mrs. Woods
Veteran
Mrs. Woods

I think I want a Dreamkutz machine because I LOVE my Bind-It-All!! I also want Storybook and Lyrical Letters for the Cricut. The wanting really does never end!

PS For those of you wanting a BIA I have a blue one for sale pretty cheap!! PM me if interested.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to JaymieLiz

• JaymieLiz Said:
Oh no, it is not ignorance, I only recently discovered them - on accident... on here... went to local store bought one of the older ones and the mat to use with it and now I just think they are wonderful dies that are compatible with just about any of the die cut machines, I use mine with the BigShot or BigKick, but they are comp. with a lot of them, they have excellent videos on here about them. I posted a topic and people all responded so great, that's why I ventured out and got a little starter kit, and oh my - what they can do - you get a cut, it embosses - and you can color thru the die - just fabulous!!! This one is really great and informative - WARNING YOU WILL GET HOOKED LIKE I DID!! My friend wanted to slap me when I showed her

http://www.scrapbook.com/myvideos/332483/fav/4 71.html

So am I seeing this correctly? If I have the original big red Sizzix then I can buy these embossing templates and use them with it???!!!! Really??? I bought that thing years ago and it sits unused...I can use it to emboss with these templates?

Edited by Scrapingbliss on 05-08-09 11:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean

• CommaHolly Said:
Kimmi, we have given everyone on this tread permission to buy a BIA today I am just waiting for permission to buy a big kick/big kick (what the devil is the difference???????)

The Sizzix BigKick and BigShot are pretty much the same machine. The BigShot is just cuter . The BigKick is found mostly in chain stores like Joanns and Michaels. What I like most is that it can emboss larger plates that wouldn't fit in the Cuttlebug. I may be wrong, but I believe the Sizzix Texturz embossing plates are a little too wide to fit in the bug. I have a Pazzles Inspiration which I use for die-cutting, so I only use my Sizzix for embossing. So I'm giving you permission to treat yourself to a BigKick or BigShot, whichever you prefer. After all, shouldn't you get something you really need for Mother's Day? Plus your totally selfless action will add some much needed stimulation to the economy. Go for it!

hdsue
hdsue 
Guru
hdsue
  • hdsue on 05-08-09 11:28 AM

i got the electric bigshot and boy does that work wonderful with the embossing files...im glad i got it so i want more dies bigones and embossing plates

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

Just got my ATG...love it!...now I want an embossing system...not sure which one yet...but that is my next quest!

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to traceyjean

• Quote:
CommaHolly Said:Kimmi, we have given everyone on this tread permission to buy a BIA today I am just waiting for permission to buy a big kick/big kick (what the devil is the difference???????)

The Sizzix BigKick and BigShot are pretty much the same machine. The BigShot is just cuter . The BigKick is found mostly in chain stores like Joanns and Michaels. What I like most is that it can emboss larger plates that wouldn't fit in the Cuttlebug. I may be wrong, but I believe the Sizzix Texturz embossing plates are a little too wide to fit in the bug. I have a Pazzles Inspiration which I use for die-cutting, so I only use my Sizzix for embossing. So I'm giving you permission to treat yourself to a BigKick or BigShot, whichever you prefer. After all, shouldn't you get something you really need for Mother's Day? Plus your totally selfless action will add some much needed stimulation to the economy. Go for it!

Very great breakdown about the BigKick & BigShot! They are pretty much the same thing- but oh the BigShot comes in such cute colors! And after checking that lovely chart I was very pleased to see the two machines were the main one that was compatible with all dies!! So there is more good reason that it is a decent investment - and worth treating ones self!

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 05-08-09 11:58 AM

I want an ATG gun next. Unfortunately after a long spree of shopping I promised my dh I wouldn't buy anything scrapbook related for 2 month and I would try not buy anything for 3. I was doing way more shopping and not so much scrapping. Now I need to scrap and not shop to use my stuff.

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to Scrapingbliss

• Quote:
So am I seeing this correctly? If I have the original big red Sizzix then I can buy these embossing templates and use them with it???!!!! Really??? I bought that thing years ago and it sits unused...I can use it to emboss with these templates?

Kim

Oh yes you can! Good ol' Big Red still has her uses

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to JaymieLiz

Oh Im so excited a new technique to try! Can't wait to buy some. That is so cool that I can use it. I had no idea. Thanks for the link.

ScrappingKitty
Veteran
ScrappingKitty
In response to JaymieLiz

I'm definately wanting a Silhouette SD! I should tell my dad that's what I want for a graduation present...

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to ScrappingKitty

Electronic cutters are fantastic, if you get it you will so enjoy it - that one does look pretty outstanding!

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to JaymieLiz

Come to think of it, maybe what I want next is the design studio by Cricut...... I was eyeing the Gazelle when I was looking for a bigger cutter, but a little unsure, so I went with the expression, I had the little bug, but had need for bigger cuts, so I took the leap, I love it -but I have been pining over wanting to weld, cut more things etc. and seeing this design studio, well I don't think I will have to buy a diff electronic cutter- just upgrade to the studio, and the deep cut blade - oh my it really never does end!!

That Gazelle is still very interesting to me - the pen and marker holder concept seems wonderful, no specific one to purchase, you can use what you have - I watched a video on it coloring and hmmmm.....

http://www.scrapbook.com/videos/585.html

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics