Page 5 of 17 
Username Post: VCW #114: Happy May 8th!! (you'll have to ask)        (Topic#1503953)
DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
  • jellyziva Said:
  • NMlady Said:
Even though I got to sleep most of the day I'm still worn out from my week and the night at the ER so I'll probably go to bed in a few minutes.

Hope your mom's doing better.

I took her antibiotics this afternoon and checked on her. She is keeping ice on it. The fingers are still a little swollen and the hand is bruised from all the blood leaking into the tissue but she says it doesn't hurt. I take her Sun or Mon to have the dressing changed.

oh my, how in the world did I miss this?? What happened?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to Cracrop

• crapcrop Said:
Hi Elizabeth

For Cathy's questions:

1. Extra time to sleep, breakfast in bed, house cleaned without me having to ask for it, scrapping, then quick lunch, nap time, more scrapping, and last, dinner and a movie here at home all with dh and kids.

2. If money wasnt an issue, I would organize a family reunion in , all 6 of us, with wives and kids, in Mexico, all inclusive resort, with all my family. Oh, and a nurse companion for mom.

I could go for your number one! And your number two would be so awesome!!! Thx.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to scrappycath

morning

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • scrappycath Said:
I've got a thought question for all of us gals.

Sure it's Mother's Day this weekend. I look to that as a day to honor all women that care for or provide role models for any persons in a loving manner. And all of us in this thread qualify.

So, I ask you this..... what is your most preferred way to be honored/treated (you know what I mean). What ever it may be, breakfast in bed, or extra time to sleep, a trip, a special event/meal, a gift. What ever.

But answer it in 2 ways.
1. IRL
2. If there were no obstacles (money, time, resource restraints, etc).

{and yes the 2 answers can be the same}

Well, I personally asked for a quiet weekend at the lake with a cold beer and a good book

instead I am getting a house full of my parents and grandmothers and a huge meal and lots of dishes.

And an opportunity for some great multi-generational photos on Mom's Day that you can then scrap!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to Cindy M

• Cindy M Said:
Hi Everyone! Ok... so I have a question. The gallery layouts are they just randomly picked or does someone choose them? I've just noticed that it seems as though most if not all of the gallery layouts are these phenomenal pieces. No middle of the road stuff. Anyone?

You mean the featured? Apparently there is some formula that is used. Based on number of views, comments and votes. But it's not volume! I've seen scraplifted stuff get featured with 3 comments and one vote, while the original has many comments and votes and doesn't get featured.

So it's a great mystery!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Hi Liz!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
Abby's friend did a video of it with Abby's camera. I think I can get pics from that.

Awesome!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

my room is trashed. absolutely trashed. there is just enough space for me to sit in here and type.

I can't wait until this fair is over tomorrow and I can put everything back where it belongs, which includes getting John's gear back in his truck.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

So, I ask you this..... what is your most preferred way to be honored/treated (you know what I mean). What ever it may be, breakfast in bed, or extra time to sleep, a trip, a special event/meal, a gift. What ever.

But answer it in 2 ways.
1. IRL

1. Spending time with my family, but especially with my kid - she's the reason I'm a mom, after all. But only part of the day...I'd like to have some "me" time, too.

2. The same, only more. Probably a trip of some sort for me & Kim to take, just the two of us, like we did when she was younger. Not sure where...doesn't really matter. Just go somewhere and experience someplace new together.

Love this!

So cool that you used to take trips together for M's Day. They obviously mean a lot to you as you'd like to repeat the tradition. Sounds like the makings of a nice day!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to jellyziva

• jellyziva Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

But answer it in 2 ways.
1. IRL

1. A day of rest... partly spent with my family, having some great food .. and partly spent as 'me' time.

2. See 1.

You are too funny! I hope you get that rest!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to moxiegirl23

• moxiegirl23 Said:
my room is trashed. absolutely trashed. there is just enough space for me to sit in here and type.

I can't wait until this fair is over tomorrow and I can put everything back where it belongs, which includes getting John's gear back in his truck.

Things went well last night?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• scrappycath Said:

But answer it in 2 ways.
1. IRL

IRL: coffee in bed and then being left to do things at my own pace. Not going places I don't want to go, like the mall. a good ribeye dinner with a beer. Having a TV marathon of something we all like to watch and scrapping while we do it.

No object: same thing, only bigger house and no worries about bills.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• scrappycath Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

Yeah. I didn't get the sales I wanted (though I did better than I thought I would) and someone is thinking about having her own party. (need to get her past the "I don't have anyone who will come" myth)

I have no idea how today is going to go. Right now it looks like it's raining out. I'm not happy about that, but I do have plenty of stuff to make my display weather proof.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Sounds like the perfect day Liz!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

That was to the mom day comment. Have yet to read the one about lats night!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • scrappycath Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

Yeah. I didn't get the sales I wanted (though I did better than I thought I would) and someone is thinking about having her own party. (need to get her past the "I don't have anyone who will come" myth)

I have no idea how today is going to go. Right now it looks like it's raining out. I'm not happy about that, but I do have plenty of stuff to make my display weather proof.

Most excellent!

Hoping today is another wonderful day for you!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I need more coffee and I have to get going.

Good Day!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

it is raining. it's a steady rain, not incredibly heavy, but enough that people won't want to be walking around an outside fair. according to the paper's forecast, we have a chance of thunderstorms at one point this morning and then cloudy the rest of the time. According to the tv station, we have rain all day.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

going. back tonight.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to BlingQueenRia

• BlingQueenRia Said:
Vivian, I'm watching Alton Brown's Good Eats! Tonight he's showing how to make tamales! Man, where was THIS before Cinco de Mayo??? Before Cinco de Mayo or Christmas...tamales is the traditional Mexican Christmas dinner...

I'll have to catch this on YouTube.

• BlingQueenRia Said:
Dangit, now I want tamales!

Alton is evil this way. I watch an episode for something I don't even like but I'll want it anyway.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Good morning. I was skimming again. Now to check the update blog. brb

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

moooorrrning!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to leebla

'morning back atcha, Elizabeth.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Joy, how is your mother today? And Abby?

Ria, how is Jory doing today?

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to Cindy M

• Cindy M Said:
Hi Everyone! Ok... so I have a question. The gallery layouts are they just randomly picked or does someone choose them? I've just noticed that it seems as though most if not all of the gallery layouts are these phenomenal pieces. No middle of the road stuff. Anyone?

They say random. My WOOF! layout was on the homepage yesterday, so I think that's pretty middle-of-the-road

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

Morning...my voice is back but that's about it. I'm still congested, coughing and now I have cramps. I really need to change the sheets on the bed because I woke up sweating several times.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • Cindy M Said:

They say random. My WOOF! layout was on the homepage yesterday, so I think that's pretty middle-of-the-road

There's some computer process to their selection. SB.c denies it but it's pretty coincidental if it's not.

The ones you see most are recent additions and have alot of "votes." Several people "favorited" them and voted them "heartwarming" or "cute" or "inspirational" or... Just click on the images to see how many votes these got.

Elizabeth's Woof page got

Favorites: 3
Inspirational: 2
Funny: 1
Innovative: 2
Heartwarming: 2
Cute: 3
Date Added: May 4, 2009

See what I'm talking about?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Scrapnut16

• Scrapnut16 Said:
Morning...my voice is back but that's about it. I'm still congested, coughing and now I have cramps. I really need to change the sheets on the bed because I woke up sweating several times.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I need more tea.
This is going to be a lots of tea day I think.
We had torrential downpours last night.Hubby said I seemed upset and restless, I don't remember a thing. Everything is soaked and yucky today.

He told me if I want to work part of today, I should do it. I said you don't like it when I work on Saturday. He said but I think it will make you feel better right now. I said I guess I am just a little freaked out because I spent sooo much time this week working on the new office, and getting the stuff organized and ready for the entire CEO on down staff to come this week that now I am behind on the regular stuff. So he said I should make a list and do it.
After all...once everyone is trained this week, and a my job is changed, and a lot of stuff is taken off of me, I may actually be able to take some time OFF...some REAL time off to do stuff around this house!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• Vivian loves BLING Said:
  • leebla Said:
  • Cindy M Said:

There's some computer process to their selection. SB.c denies it but it's pretty coincidental if it's not.

The ones you see most are recent additions and have alot of "votes." Several people "favorited" them and voted them "heartwarming" or "cute" or "inspirational" or... Just click on the images to see how many votes these got.

Elizabeth's Woof page got

Favorites: 3
Inspirational: 2
Funny: 1
Innovative: 2
Heartwarming: 2
Cute: 3
Date Added: May 4, 2009

See what I'm talking about?

OH I feel so special!

actually....there are a whole lot of things about the activity feed I don't like...but I think it is some weird coincidence that all of a sudden I have people looking at and commenting on layouts that have NEVER commented on my layouts before, and it kinda feels good!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

Okay I need to get moving...time to strip the bed...although right now I just want to crawl back into it.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to leebla

I love the feed.

Odd thing I've noticed are the certain "dummy" accounts that go around just favoriting layouts and images. Noticed a couple doing that to mine. Went to their pages and nothing in their galleries. No posts to the forums either. Just favoriting or some gallery commenting. Weird, huh?

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

I haven't paid too much attention to my activity feed. Maybe I should start going and looking at it.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• scrappycath Said:
  • leebla Said:
  • scrappycath Said:
I've got a thought question for all of us gals.

Sure it's Mother's Day this weekend. I look to that as a day to honor all women that care for or provide role models for any persons in a loving manner. And all of us in this thread qualify.

But answer it in 2 ways.
1. IRL

{and yes the 2 answers can be the same}

Well, I personally asked for a quiet weekend at the lake with a cold beer and a good book

instead I am getting a house full of my parents and grandmothers and a huge meal and lots of dishes.

And an opportunity for some great multi-generational photos on Mom's Day that you can then scrap!

Oooohhhhh. Nice reframe.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• scrappycath Said:
So cool that you used to take trips together for M's Day. They obviously mean a lot to you as you'd like to repeat the tradition. Sounds like the makings of a nice day!

Small clarification...we didn't take trips together for Mother's Day specifically. We just had a phase where I was doing some traveling and she was my travel buddy. She's been to Salt Lake City (went to visit a friend of mine) a couple times, Las Vegas (to see my sis & fam when they lived there) a couple times, Baltimore (for a "Highlander" convention), Austin, TX (to visit friends), Columbus, OH (for our "home" scifi convention & to see friends) several times, Illnois (again...friends) a few times, Iowa (family), Tennessee (family), New York City (when Hugh Jackman was on B'way), Chicago (various reasons) a couple times. We've done a lot of miles together.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• Scrapnut16 Said:

Girl, you are just having a rough time.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

ACU.

Well, *I* managed to only sleep four hours. Went to bed about 3:15. Woke up a couple times, but then REALLY woke up around 7:15 when Ethan woke up. (For the record, he slept about 7 hours straight - that's REALLY good for him here.)

He got in bed with me (the daybed - I was sleeping in Ethan's room last night...trying to avoid whatever punies DH has) to cuddle. Wanted some milk. I got up and got that for him. Laid down again. My alarm went off at 7:45. Told Ethan I was going to go take a shower and then I'd come back, we'd get him dressed, and we'd go to church so he could sing.

I got up. Got my shower. Got dressed. Went back. He was sound asleep on the daybed. I asked if he wanted to get up and go to church to sing his songs. He opened his eyes just enough to roll them back in his head and said, "No." Zzzzzz.....

Thankfully, being at "dress" rehearsal this morning isn't mandatory for their age group.

The only problem is that now I'm wide awake. Four hours is just enough to give me a boost. Plus my hair is wet, so I need to let it dry before I lay down. And just about the time I start getting sleepy, he'll be ready to get up. I guarantee it.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to c-leaper

Bed is stripped and remade...think I'm going to run to the store next. We have no bread and I need a few personal items.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to c-leaper

Well so far, I have made tea, started a load of laundry re-washing, gone for my Saturday morning walk with hubby and Chief, emptied my shredder, and brought my computer stuff and paperwork in from the car, emptied my trashcan...

I wish it felt like more

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:

Girl, you are just having a rough time.

It sure feels like it.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I hope Liz is okay and her craft fair isn't a total rainout

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Ethan Story:

Kim called me at work Thursday night around 11, laughing so hard she could barely talk.

She'd had Ethan in the tub taking his bath, and had gone into her room to put some things away. (She has one of those bathrooms that opens to her room directly as well as opening to the hallway, so she could keep an eye on him.)

Next thing she knows, he comes running into her room, stark nekkid, dripping wet, holding out his hand and announcing, "Mommy, I have poop!"

Yes, he'd pooped in the tub, fished it out, and brought it to her.

They promptly went and ceremonially flushed it down the toilet.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Well so far, I have made tea, started a load of laundry re-washing, gone for my Saturday morning walk with hubby and Chief, emptied my shredder, and brought my computer stuff and paperwork in from the car, emptied my trashcan...

I wish it felt like more

That sounds like a lot to me.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan

Morning,

Just skimmed a bit to catch up.

Ria - hope Jory gets well soon and has learned his lesson.

Joy - sending healing vibes your mom's way

all the moms - hope you have a nice day tomorrow

All those who still have moms and grandmas - enjoy them while they are around.

Now for me - went to a class last night. Of course with my crazy week I did not have time to find any pics of me as a baby/toddler so I made the layout without finalizing it. My goal this weekend is to find some pictures so that I can finish the pages next Friday/Sat (crop at the LSS that I signed up for).

I did see that a lot of you congratulated me on the house - one step left. I got the financing, legal and insurance all signed off (part of the conditions) and Monday morning I have the home inspection.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
Ethan Story:

Kim called me at work Thursday night around 11, laughing so hard she could barely talk.

She'd had Ethan in the tub taking his bath, and had gone into her room to put some things away. (She has one of those bathrooms that opens to her room directly as well as opening to the hallway, so she could keep an eye on him.)

Next thing she knows, he comes running into her room, stark nekkid, dripping wet, holding out his hand and announcing, "Mommy, I have poop!"

What a cute story!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to c-leaper

Great story Jenni.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

OK I'm going to the store now...be back in a few.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to corrie fan

• corrie fan Said:
Morning,

Now for me - went to a class last night. Of course with my crazy week I did not have time to find any pics of me as a baby/toddler so I made the layout without finalizing it. My goal this weekend is to find some pictures so that I can finish the pages next Friday/Sat (crop at the LSS that I signed up for).

I did see that a lot of you congratulated me on the house - one step left. I got the financing, legal and insurance all signed off (part of the conditions) and Monday morning I have the home inspection.

I've found partial LOs (ones you do and add pics to later) to be really hard. Kinda tough to be generic enough to be ready for anything, depending on the photos you find.

As for the inspection....keeping my fingers crossed.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to leebla

Why is having a simple talk with my dh like walking through a field with landmines?

He jumps to conclusions that's totally wrong but I don't know it until something else gets brought up.

We were talking about movie ratings. Rabbit trailed to me reading the first book from the Southern Vampires series. To me it has some very graphic sexual content. I said I wish I had been told ahead of time to that. Good thing I didn't get it on audio. He asks if I got it from the library.

Well, yeah. Only place I get books that I don't buy. He starts getting upset. I don't understand why. He's upset that the librarian over the book club "picked such trash." NO!!! Not a book club pick! Librarian has been very careful to warn us of violence, certain content, gratuitous sex, etc. Does this man not notice all the books I read? Does he not know that only ONE a month is for the book club?

Seriously, he doesn't like anything that takes me out of the house. He's a control freak. He doesn't like me knowing people he doesn't know. He really needs help and I'm not the one to fix him.

And he wonders why I don't tell him anything. I can't always guess where his thought processes will take him. I'm just tired of it.

I'm not looking forward to seeing ST movie with him either.

Ranting is now over, and I will go back to my happy self.

Just wanted to share what a nutjob I'm married to.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan

Gotta head out myself. I have a package at the postal outlet and that is at the mall. Want to head there before the crowds.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

Seriously, he doesn't like anything that takes me out of the house. He's a control freak. He doesn't like me knowing people he doesn't know.

I'm sure you realize this is one of the forms of spousal abuse.....

In all sincerity, Vivian, if living with him is so difficult, why do you stay?

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Going for coffee. If I don't make it back, assume the couch sucked me in and I went to sleep again....

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
Seriously, he doesn't like anything that takes me out of the house. He's a control freak. He doesn't like me knowing people he doesn't know.

I'm sure you realize this is one of the forms of spousal abuse.....

In all sincerity, Vivian, if living with him is so difficult, why do you stay?

Yeah, I know. Either I never noticed this part of his personality or it's something that's been developing over time.

I stay because, most of the time I can avoid him and things aren't so bad. I do what I want but I recently realized that I don't really care to be friends with him. Sad but true. I won't divorce him but if it does get worse, I will leave or make him go. Until then, I'll do what I can to tolerate the situation.

I married two very different men. Some how I ended up with the same problems. I'm seriously thinking it's something about me that causes some of this.

My dh is very insecure. Part of the controlling is that I did leave him before and he's noticing many of the same signs I exhibited last time. I'm withdrawn from him. I live a very separate life from him.

Plus I think he's jealous of the attention I got last Sunday at the Library dedication. He seems worse after I do something well. That's not new. He's mental in this way and I've no doubt on this account any more.

So what do I do? Would leaving make any difference besides making it hard on the kids and grandkids? I don't think I'd be any happier.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

I'm back from the store...ended up having to go to two different stores because the first one didn't have my medicine.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Viv,

We're here for you no matter what you decide to do.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

When I worked outside the home, it was much worse. I normally excel at work. Can't help myself. I love learning new things, and giving way more than expected.

Even when I didn't tell dh stuff about work, he'd hear stuff about things I was doing. Hear praise from my boss or coworker. Over hear conversations I have with these people. Pick up on things and he'd say he's proud but then "punish" me in some round about way. He's even admitted to seeing this pattern, too.

Also with my own income, he knows he has no control over me at all. Like it's any real control he has now. I spend what I want.

I keep putting it off but I think he and I both know that the day is coming when I get a job and things are over for us. I've pleaded with him to get help. It still amazes me how he can say he has a problem one moment then totally deny it the next.

Eric will be 17 next month but he has 2 more years before he graduates from high school.

I am counting the days. I want to see what our lives would be like once Eric is officially an adult. It will impact our marriage profoundly.

Oh, I don't plan on moving out. I'm the one that's pushed and worked hard for this home. With the grandkids next door, no way am I moving away. Unless I buy the property next door. Wouldn't that be something? All of us living on 3 acres together. Remember my dh is set up to work from here, too.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Thank you, Susan.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

So what do I do? Would leaving make any difference besides making it hard on the kids and grandkids? I don't think I'd be any happier.

I'd say that's the key factor right there.

Your daughter is out and on her own. She won't be affected so much.

Your son seems like he's more like his dad anyhow - maybe leaving the two of them to deal with each other would be good for both of them. Maybe.

Really, though, it sounds like the only "togetherness" is the fact that you're still under the same roof. It sounds like you've already pulled away from the family because you are so unhappy.

I can't tell you what to do. But I will pray for a good resolution to all this.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• Scrapnut16 Said:
I'm back from the store...ended up having to go to two different stores because the first one didn't have my medicine.

Bummer.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Trying to muster up the energy to do a little cleaning. I'm not going to clean the whole house because I don't want to do too much. I figure I'll spend the rest of the day making some cards and resting and reading. (Since I went out and bought 4 books yesterday...bad Susan.)

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Really should go DO something. But don't wanna. Didn't get that much sleep. Don't want to wake the boys. Ethan's still sleeping. Hubby is, too, but he's been sick.

I want to sort and reorganize all my alpha sticker sets today, if only to remind myself what I have.

Also have an idea of a Mom's Day card to make for DD from DGS, but that would involve running either the Cricut or the Slice, so I have to wait until everyone's awake. And then Ethan would want to help. Normally DH takes him out for the afternoon to give me a few free hours, but I don't know if DH will feel up to that today.

Maybe I'll just bop over to the New LO Thread and start leaving comments.....

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
When I had a mil I never sent her a card.

well i live with my mil (but we get along quite well)

it would be wrong of me to NOT give her a card

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci
In response to BlingQueenRia

• BlingQueenRia Said:
  • c-leaper Said:
RIA!!! Just read about Jory's accident. OMG!!! I would have been SO scared! Now that you know he's going to be okay...please don't kill him.

Jenni, I'm not going to kill him. Jeremy and I agreed that the pain of his second-degree burns is punishment enough.

not to mention any scarring.. it will always be there

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• Scrapnut16 Said:
Trying to muster up the energy to do a little cleaning. I'm not going to clean the whole house because I don't want to do too much. I figure I'll spend the rest of the day making some cards and resting and reading. (Since I went out and bought 4 books yesterday...bad Susan.)

You're still not well. Don't overdo anything! Better a messy house than a sicker you.

What books?

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

• Scrapnut16 Said:

You're still not well. Don't overdo anything! Better a messy house than a sicker you.

What books?

I think the most that's going to get done today is laundry.

Romance novels...I can't remember the titles, only the authors: Johanna Lindsey, Suzanne Enoch, Lisa Kleypas and Victoria Alexander.

Edited by Scrapnut16 on 05-09-09 06:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci

morning

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to BlingPrincessMarci

Hi Marci

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

I sorted the laundry and got the first load in the washer...I'm pooped.

Edited by Scrapnut16 on 05-09-09 06:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Did I scare everyone off?

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci

no.. computer being wonky

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

I'm going to start making cards soon. And that's all I am going to make today. No LO's today...except for trying to finish the journaling on the one that has been sitting here for a week.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Yeah...Marci is back!!!

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci

im here

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee

I've missed so much this week...hope everyone is great!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to daezee

Hi Monica...I've missed a lot too...been sick.

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee

• Scrapnut16 Said:

I'm sorry you've not been feeling well. My littlest, Emmy, missed every day this past week. Low grade fever, stomachache, headache, lethargic.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to daezee

• daezee Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:

I'm sorry you've not been feeling well. My littlest, Emmy, missed every day this past week. Low grade fever, stomachache, headache, lethargic.

I hope she starts feeling better...mine was sore throat, cough, nasal congestion and then yesterday I lost my voice. It's back now but I talk too much it starts going again.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

• Scrapnut16 Said:
  • daezee Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:

I hope she starts feeling better...mine was sore throat, cough, nasal congestion and then yesterday I lost my voice. It's back now but if I talk too much it starts going again.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

I don't know what I just did there but I'm too tired to figure it out...I think it's almost time to lay down.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

First load of laundry is in the dryer...second load in the washer...load I forgot was in the dryer folded and put away.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
Ethan Story:

I LOVE those stories!

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci

gotta go out to moms to put together grandmas present

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Whew! I just had one of those "OH thank God!" moments!

I am chugging away on piles of paperwork I am behind on. I scanned a whole bunch of it, then shredded it. Then just went to look in the patient's chart and it wasn't there.

Spaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzz z!!!!!!!

I scanned it in the wrong person's chart! So it was there, just wrong place. Whew!!!!!!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

That's a relief, Elizabeth.

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee

Today is Danielle's Jr. Prom. She is getting ready to go get her hair done. She doesn't want me to go...which means she is planning on something she knows I won't like. Whatever. It's only money, right?

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop

Good morning ladies

Joy, lots of for you and your mom. How scary! And to answer your question, I have a crop today, I was packing my scrappy stuff

Shirley, loved your answers to Cathy's questions

Jenni, yours too! During the year, at points I can get caught up with life, that I forget how precious is to have kids and being a mom. pooped in the tub Jenni, I love reading your advice, is like listening to my IRL sis.

Monica for Emmy

Liz M. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ wind to move those clouds out of your area and ~~~~~~~~~~~~ lots of good vibes for that customer to have the party.

Elizabeth, that sounds like a lot to me too!

Susan, go back to bed, your body is asking for it.

Jane, hope the inspection goes, well! How close is to your aunts house?

Viv My dh was like that when we first got married. After a few years, and more arguments, he is now kinda better. And yes, he wants me to be with him or close to him all the time. But I do know his thought process, so I have manage to put control to his controlling ways. Now we do stuff on our own, he goes golfing and I go to crops. Is there a friend that can talk to him, or someone from church? When dh starts acting, I send him straight to church. He comes back like new

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

Hi Marci!

and now to get some coffee, brb...

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

I'm out, going to a crop! Have fun today ladies

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Cracrop

• crapcrop Said:

Viv My dh was like that when we first got married. After a few years, and more arguments, he is now kinda better. And yes, he wants me to be with him or close to him all the time. But I do know his thought process, so I have manage to put control to his controlling ways. Now we do stuff on our own, he goes golfing and I go to crops. Is there a friend that can talk to him, or someone from church? When dh starts acting, I send him straight to church. He comes back like new

That's part of his problem. Ds is his best and only friend. The one friend he was close to and would listen to moved away.

Dh is also struggling with church. He's disconnecting himself. I thought it was simple burn out but it's now looking like something else.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Back from my meeting at the library. Starving! Dh is making a hot dog for me.

We're gonna try to not buy any pop corn or anything at the theater.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Cracrop

• crapcrop Said:
I'm out, going to a crop! Have fun today ladies

Have fun! Make lots of pages or cards!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Almost finished making my mom's Mother's Day card. I think it's time for some lunch. Tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Dropping off a card and a layout I did.

Birthday Cupcake By Scrappycath

Sweet memories By Scrappycath

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Gotta run....

Note to self - go back to top of page 9.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Hey all! Kids are down for a nap and I am just finishing up the "Grandmas Goodies" jars - yes, I changed the name again! Stickles are drying on them now and then to fill with candy and they are done.

Going to get acu!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

Joy, how is your mother today? And Abby?

Abby is fine, unless she doesn't get her butt home to do poopscoop duty.

Waiting for mom to email me back to see how she is doing.
Thanks for asking Viv

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci
In response to NMlady

grandma wasnt home

but mom and i loaded everything up

shes got herself quite the scrapbook kit!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

• crapcrop Said:

That's part of his problem. Ds is his best and only friend. The one friend he was close to and would listen to moved away.

Dh is also struggling with church. He's disconnecting himself. I thought it was simple burn out but it's now looking like something else.

I'm so sorry that he is so stubborn. I remember he refused to acknowledge there was anything wrong or go to marriage counseling..

Is he still resistant to counseling?

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to jellyziva

I can NOT believe it! My kids are awake already!! At least the grandma jars are done. I will get pics and post later! Be back later!!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

still not as far through stuff as I would like to be, but I have tamed a 6 inch stack of paperwork down to a sizeable sorted organized and whenever possible, scanned and shredded as much as I could.

have a few more things I would like to get under control in the next half hour.

Page 5 of 17 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics