Page 3 of 542 
Username Post: Die Cut Divas        (Topic#1504015)
m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to m.perk

Marlene - the gift in my mom's mothers day bag was better! She got a Sony Cybershot camera. She balled. I dont know why I give her any technology, it is more of a pain for me in the long run!

create4sanity
Diva
create4sanity
In response to m.perk

Monica - so glad to see you doing so much better. You are the busiest person I know. Your kids will always remember the stuff you do. My mom always did stuff with us and my house was the hang out for everyone. Last Saturday, I went to my 40th year high school reunion. I can't believe how many people asked about my mom. Most knew that she had passed but one lady actually teared up when I told her. Such fond memories.

Barbara - I know how much you want to see the sun and warm weather - so do I. Rainy cold days are tough to get through. Although, any day I wake up and get out of bed is a good day for me. We have had 18 straight days of measurable rain. I am going to take my picture with the sun in my face as soon as I can.

Michelle - Glad you got your computer fixed. Mine wouldn't work yesterday but today it is fine. I have satelite internet and the weather affects it when it rains or is real wet. This little country town I live in doesn't have cable yet.

My cat is sitting here staring at me. It is 10:00 p.m. and that is when she gets her "snack." She is very vocal about it and can get real annoying. You can set your watch by her. Daylight savings time really freaks her out!! Anyway, before the princess eats me alive, I had better grant her wish. She is terribly spoiled but I love her so much. She is my buddy!!
Goodnight everyone - sleep well.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50
In response to gigikay

Gigi, you got it! I am tired of being idle.

I forgot to mention how you got such a great deal! Good for you! I need to put them on the list tomorrow!

I am headed to bed. Goodnight!

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to Scrappygal50

Okay...this is what I am getting my best friend for her birthday..along with the folder of pagemaps....

Blue, Red & Diamond Stickles
Crate Paper Orbit Paper Pack
Crate Paper Orbit Alphabet Stickers
Glue Dots

I think she will like it. Once I decorate the folder, I will post it as well!

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to m.perk

Night Barbara!

I am off to read. I am going to go to the Verizon store in the morning I think. I may wait and just scrap all day tomorrow....See you in the morning!

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to m.perk

Oh....Donna, the pagemaps website is just pagemaps *dot* com

You can look thru the archieves and print the pages that you want. It is actually pretty cool. they also have cardmaps and tagmaps. Take a look, I think you will enjoy it!

MeganF
MeganF 
Governor
MeganF
In response to m.perk

good call michelle! I like that line. I looked at it the other day

ok- im off. Night ggirls! See you manana!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to BlingQueenRia

Hi, honeys, I'm hoooooome!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to gigikay

• gigikay Said:
I think yellow would be great!! Maybe with the edges white washed.

Ooooh, what about the colored Core'Dinations? Sanded down so the core peeks through, edges distressed?

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to m.perk

• m.perk Said:
Ria - I LOVE the new LO's. Are they both 8x8's?

Yup they are. I have books of all sizes to work with, so I always have a variety: 6x6, 8x8, 8.5x8.5, 8.5x11, and 12x12. My wordbooks I do are 6x11.75, since 11.75 is as large as the Cricut will cut on the 12x12 mats. I just don't have anyplace to store 12x24 mats right now, maybe when I finish rearranging my cubes I'll have a spot to slip them between the cubes.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

I didn't get a chance to pop in from work. Usually I'm in drive-through but tonight I was on front line. And my phone was almost dead because I was on it all afternoon. I was finally put on drive-through 2 hours before close. By then I'd had a chance to charge my phone, but I was busier'n a one-legged man in a butt-kickin' contest. So here is the Jory-update:

His burn is healing much better than expected. We don't go back until next Thursday afternoon at 2. (I'll take Lizzie to school at 12:45 and pick Jory up at the same time.) The nurse told us we could stop using the Silverdine (sp?) cream on it and start using a stronger form of Neosporin, which she gave us to take home. They also changed his bandages from just gauze and ACE bandages to a wet wrap, gauze, and ACE bandages. The ACE bandages are really just to hold the gauze in place.

We're starting to wean him off the painkillers. I got some regular-strength Tylenol and Junior Strength Tylenol. He's at that awkward age, 11, where he's right at the edge of being too old for Junior Tylenol but too young for regular Tylenol. I figure I'll take him the Junior Strength to school when he's hurting, and let him take a regular strength at home, and the pain pills at night to help him sleep until they're gone.

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl

Morning, up early today...got lots to do, plus going to have a me day! Actually just a me morning, but it counts!!!

Donna-I think I am the busiest person I know too! Somedays I do not know how I do it! Of course when I have nothing to do I get bored...except when it is summer and I have time to lay by the pool, love doing that!

Gigi and Michelle-thanks! I am so going to enjoy some time today!

I am just so glad the school year is almost over and I will have some time off from my volunteer work this summer!

I did just plan with a group of my scrap friends a weekend retreat in June! I am so excited, it is close to my camper so we are staying there for the weekend and going over to the crop everyday! It will be so much fun! I am also taking a week off work and staying in the mtns at my camper, I really need a vacation...we were suppose to go to San Francisco with my hubby for a work convention, but now with the company closing that is not going to happen...we already had tickets too! Gotta see if I can use them another time...don't know what we will do if we can't. Oh well, we used our sky miles to get them so I would just be out a lot of miles.

Gotta get the kiddo off to school, since I drive him now it takes a bit longer, will be back to chat later!

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50
In response to mghairgirl

Good morning!

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

Morning everyone...its me again...guess i am just going to have to face the fact that i cant keep up daily here and be happy with the every other day to every 3 days....anyway....here i am..its ME!

Everyone hads been busy...sooo much to catch up on!

I am almost finished with DD's ABC album...one more page...starting to put them in my gallery but can't post here cause there are no cricut cuts on them...booo

Looking forward to a quiet scrappy weekend coming up...no kids and I can scrap all i want!!!!

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to Scrap Happy 2006

Mornin' Sunshines!

Ria - I am glad that Jory's appt went well. It is good to hear that it is healing quicker than expected. I went to Micky D's yesterday and got a M&M McFlurry....thought of you! I sure do love those silly things!

Monica - San Fran is only about an hour from where our trailer is at! Have you ever been there before?

Julie - A scrappy weekend sure does sound good. Daniel has a tournament this weekend and it is our county fair weekend, so I may just lock myself in my house and scrap to! All the crazies come out this time of year. Between the cars and motorcycles, it gets to be a bit much!

Hi Barbara! Bye Barbara!

I am debating on if I should go back over the bridge or not this morning. Hubbies computer is working just fine, so I may just use it for now. Who knows, I may just do it to get it over with!! Will check in later...gotta finish getting ready for the day.

MeganF
MeganF 
Governor
MeganF

morning girls! I got great sleep last night- till 4:30 when my cousin called to bring her kid over so she could go to the hospital to HAVE HER BABY! woo hoo! A new baby boy today

MeganF
MeganF 
Governor
MeganF
In response to MeganF

oh- the bad news of the day- the weather is supposed to change again tonight which is bad for the fire. As of right now DH is working tomorrow night too Today is supposed to be his last night of work for the week.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to MeganF

• MeganF Said:
i need help! heres a pic for my next LO. I have 9 pics of the same day- same colors. I cant decidde what to use as a base color. The colors in he pics are so bright... any ideas? I was thinking yellow, but thought it might be too much. Orange deffinatly would be too much...

summer monk By MeganF

Black or white would be very dramatic, bright blue would make the photo spread out into the page.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to gigikay

• gigikay Said:
Marlene, did I miss something, why do you have to keep up a strong front?

Gigi - my son left this morning to begin a 27 month stint in the Peace Corps. Tomorrow he will be in Estelie, Nicaragua. It will probably be a year before I see him and we don't know how well we can communicate. It's a great adventure for him and he will do well but I miss him so much already. I was trying to be brave and I didn't want him to see tears. I did ok, but I'm a mess today and didn't go to work.

fairytattoo
Governor
fairytattoo
In response to MeganF

I will get caught up on comments later...I promise!! First I need to finish up making baby food and get some yard work done. It's so nice outside today and tomorrow its supposed to storm.

Be back later!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

gigikay
Queen
gigikay
In response to scrap4brains

• scrap4brains Said:
  • gigikay Said:
Marlene, did I miss something, why do you have to keep up a strong front?

Gigi - my son left this morning to begin a 27 month stint in the Peace Corps. Tomorrow he will be in Estelie, Nicaragua. It will probably be a year before I see him and we don't know how well we can communicate. It's a great adventure for him and he will do well but I miss him so much already. I was trying to be brave and I didn't want him to see tears. I did ok, but I'm a mess today and didn't go to work.

Marlene, it is hard to let them go no matter how old they are, isn't it!!! I am sure he will have a grand adventure but you will worry I know. No one ever told us Motherhood would be this hard!!!
Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!1

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to m.perk

• m.perk Said:
Ria - I am glad that Jory's appt went well. It is good to hear that it is healing quicker than expected. I went to Micky D's yesterday and got a M&M McFlurry....thought of you! I sure do love those silly things!

I was really glad to hear about Jory's progress!

I love McFlurrys too, but unfortunately I can't eat a whole one. I usually bring one home Saturday nights and split it amongst the kids. I did have my version of one last night with my meal. Filled a sundae cup about halfway with ice cream and Oreo and made a micro-McFlurry and I didn't even finish that!

MeganF
MeganF 
Governor
MeganF

ria- you cant finish a mcflurry but you can eat a whole RPBC sundae!?!? omg! I could barely eat half of the RPBC sundae.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to MeganF

Megan I got about halfway through the RPBC sundae. I would've put it in the freezer to take home for later if I hadn't dropped change in it.

MeganF
MeganF 
Governor
MeganF

hahaha. right. minor details.

MeganF
MeganF 
Governor
MeganF
In response to MeganF

my cousin had her baby!! its a boy- 9lbs 12oz!

gigikay
Queen
gigikay
In response to MeganF

Wow, that is a big baby, Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

MeganF
MeganF 
Governor
MeganF
In response to gigikay

yeah it is! And she delivered vaginally. woo weee...

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl
In response to MeganF

Hey all, quick check in, my me day was great, getting ready to leave for a cheer meeting! Trying to print out fundraiser stuff, it is crazy!!!

I have never been to San Francisco and it looks like I will not be going this year, still haven't called about my tickets yet...gotta do that this week.

Be back later tonight, so glad that after tonight my commitments are less for a while!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to mghairgirl

*pops in from Mickey-D's drive through*

*leaves bags of fries and cheeseburgers, trays of McFlurrys*

gigikay
Queen
gigikay

Thanks, Ria, I am hungry too!!!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to gigikay

Here is what I came up with during my scrap therapy today. I used Accents Essentials with a shadow. I have a template that I used for the braid on the left and along the bottom.

Family By Scrap4brains

create4sanity
Diva
create4sanity

This is an altered canvas that I recently
Altered Canvas for contest
By Create4sanityswapped. I couldn't post it until now because it was in a contest. Hope this works.

MeganF
MeganF 
Governor
MeganF
In response to create4sanity

Great LOs ladies!! I love being a part of this group and seeing what everyone creates.

chris_tam
Diva
chris_tam
In response to MeganF

Hi everyone

This is a busy week for me and it has been hard to pop in during the day like I normally do.

I am reading my required books for the adoption. So far I have finished two books and reports and started reading the third one today.

I have also started a 500 calorie diet that is kicking my butt! I really want to loose fifteen pounds in three weeks. I know I can hear some of you now can that be healthy...lol. My mil found out about the diet, she has lost 70pounds on it and has come off and not gained a pound back, so we know it works.

Marlene - Hugs I know its different to be a part from a son or daughter but I miss my best friend too since she moved away. Your son will be gone for one year right? Can you send him care packages, letters ect? I know its a poor substitute for having him with you but maybe that will help just a little.

Monica - I am glad you had a "me" day and I agree negative people just bring you down surround yourself with positive people right now. Sounds like your going to have a fun summer and get some much needed rest and relaxation. I am so happy for you.

Meagan - I hate to hear your dh may have to work an extra day. We will just have to keep praying. I admire his line of work and all he and police officers and firefighters do to keep us safe. My dh is a volunteer fire figher and paramedic in our community. I have nothing but respect. I know you miss him though.

Mandi - I talked with the adoption agency yesterday and Lisa, the birth mother asked for June 5th off from work. She is not sure if she will get it or not but if she does this is the next time we will see her. We will also be meeting her mom she is in full agreement and very supportive of Lisa's decision to do this adoption. I am kind of nervous about having to meet some one else.

Ria - Wow, glad to hear Jory is making a quick recovery. I know you must be very relieved. I hope he is not in too much pain now and his medication is helping.

Donna - The princess cat your referring too is the one in your avi? A beautiful cat reminds me of my white cat I had as a kid named pepsi.

Michelle - I bet your friend is going to love all the goodies you have in store for her birthday.

love the lo's need to catch up on love leaving.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to chris_tam

Megan we like to see your lo, too.

Tammy - my ds will be gone over two years. The mail is pretty reliable there, but the Peace Corps warns to not sent anything valuable or in a box because it will likely be stolen. Kyle should be able to check in via the internet and he has set up a blog.

create4sanity
Diva
create4sanity

Marlene - there is no velum on the altered canvas. It is all card stock and printed paper.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Good job, it looks kind of filmy on my monitor.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

thanks for all the hugs and sweet words today. I am going through a transition phase here (and I though menopause was the last one!) and it is nice to have support.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Hi ladies! I got busy today! My body has to get used to it somehow. I scrubbed the outsides of all my kitchen cabinets and the backsplash. My cabinets are white so it was a lot of work. I have a lot of cabinets too! I was sore for awhile but I am doing pretty well. I'm thinking I might try working again tomorrow! Maybe I am on the mend! I have lots of things to catch up on! I feel better just seeing my kitchen sparkling!

Jennie-Wish we could scrap together since you have time!

Monica-Glad you had a wonderful "me time"!

Megan-Congrats on your nephew!! I can't imagine passing that big boy through my you know what!

Marlene-Hugs for you!!! I know it's hard!! He is doing a wonderful thing, so I know you are proud!

Ria-Glad Jory is healing faster than they thought! It's wonderful news!!!

Beautiful lo's ladies!!

Haven't known what to say, but I knew a couple days ago that Luzma has left the thread. I told her she was welcome to come back at any time.

Anyway, I know as I try to start doing more, I will be doing less scrapping. That happens with me anyway when summer rolls around. So don't anybody feel bad if you are the same way. Just check in every day or at least every few days.

chris_tam
Diva
chris_tam

Barbara - Thanks for saying that, I feel better because I don't know about anybody else but sometimes I do feel bad if I can't check in at least once a day.

chris_tam
Diva
chris_tam
In response to chris_tam

Luzma - I am sorry to see you go I am going to miss seeing all your beautiful work. I wish you would reconsider.

gigikay
Queen
gigikay
In response to chris_tam

Oh I hope that it was not her English that she was worried about. It is very good!! Hope she just got to busy with her classes and layouts!!
Luzma, we will miss you!!

I second Tammy, please reconsider.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to gigikay

i must have missed something trying to catch up. why did Luzma leave???

we will miss you loved seeing all your wonderful and beautiful work hope you reconsider and come back

Tammy I would be nervous as well to meet someone else I bet you will be just fine hugs!!

Marlene I;m very sorry this is very hard on you hugs sweetie i hop eyou guys can keep in touch often

Ria now I'm dieing for a mcflurry mmm m&m or butterfinger sounds good can they do both???

Monica you always are so busy I bet your kids and the their friends will always remember you I know the friend I keep in touch with always asks about my mom my mom always did stuff with us and for us you are such a wonderful mom I really hope to be like that when Brianna gets older and is in school

was at work all day so i wasnt able to check in

MeganF
MeganF 
Governor
MeganF
In response to Briannasmom

Luzma is leaving??? NO!!!! I love seeing her work!

Luzma! Dont leave!!

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50
In response to MeganF

Well, you all can blame me, but the rules are clear. Every lo should have something cricut on it. I was very nice when I pm'd her.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

you are right Barbara I didnt know that was the reason why she left

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Thank you Mandi! We all loved her lo's but this is a cricut thread. WE are all about the cricut!

We can still see her wonderful lo's in the gallery. They are featured all the time!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

yes I totally understand that!!

I have a question does it matter if you only used like one thing from teh cricut like my dishes lo I only did the tag with the cricut

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

As long as there is something made with cricut you are fine, even if it's only one thing.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

phew good to know thanks!!

I do have to say being in this groip I have really used my cricut more and was just looking on evilbay for the accent cart not sure which one I want though.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Yes. Boing is optional but seriously. How can you NOT want bling??? On the LO that's drying at home I used two carts: DJ for lettering and DC for embellies. A LO without Cricut cuts from me is rare.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

I know what you mean Mandi! It makes me use mine more too!!

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Hi Ria! Hope work is going well!

create4sanity
Diva
create4sanity

Marlene - Sorry about your sadness. It hurts to have to let your kids go - but such is life. I bet you are proud of him - he is helping so many poor people now. My son went to live with his dad when he was 14 yrs. old. I thought I was going to die. I think I had a nervous breakdown and menopause was nothing compared to that. Keep smiling and it will get better.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Barb work is work. I'll be glad when I can go home and scrap. Major mojo this week and I'm wallowing in it. I'm also tired of peoples stupidity. It gets old.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Ria, people have me disillusioned this week too! I just have to let it roll off my back!

Hope you can create like crazy when you get home!!

create4sanity
Diva
create4sanity

Barbard - please be careful....I know you feel better right now but gradually work your way up. Do a little more each day until you are where you want to be. I hope you feel good tomorrow too!!

Mandi - I noticed Brianna is in the kids swap. My GD's are both signed up. Sounds like fun. Give her a pile of paper, glue and stuff and let her have at it. She will have a blast and when she get the package back - she will be thrilled. My girls have done 1 swap and they really enjoyed it. It was hard for me to not help them too much. I finally just left the room. I know Brianna is younger but you will be surprised how much she can do.

I have been on the phone for an hour with my nephew - cut into my scrapping time - I never talk like that on the phone. I am finishing up some recipe cards that I will try to post tomorrow.

I will miss Luzma. I wish her well.

Good night everyone!!

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Thanks for caring Donna. I am going nuts with all this sitting around. I am not lifting, just scrubbing. I guess I will have to see how I feel in the morning.

Hope you sleep well!

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Goodnight ladies!

MeganF
MeganF 
Governor
MeganF

im exhausted for some reason... Im off to bed. Night girls! see you tomorow!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to MeganF

Donna I'm really excited for Brianna. this will be her first swap and i'm sure she will be thrilled she loves crafts and such when I can come up with stuff we already have on hand. she surely is a momma's girl who loves to create

Barbara I know where you are at i feel so fat and a bump on a log because i am on restrictes for doing anything. no heavy lifting bike riding sit ups crunches running etc etc etc ,y list is huge. I'm gonna see if I can find a wagon and pull that so I can get some walking in Brianna wont walk fro long distances so a wagon to pull so she can sit in it when tired will be perfect.

hope you all sleep well I;m off to bed myself

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Internet went down. Time Warner is seriously annoying the snot out of me. If I had an extra $300, I'd be switching to DirecTV and AT&T's Internet. Seriously. Now they have some stupid automated diagnostic thing after hours that I absolutely cannot stand. I miss talking to a real live PERSON about problems.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

It's back up, BTW, after I swore at it and threatened its removal from my life. IMO there is nothing uglier than a ticked-off Technodiva.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Finally...here's the LO I did earlier. I used DJ for the title work and DC for the embellies:

Eggs to DYE For By BlingQueenRia

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Good morning!!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

morning

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

morning

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

Hey Barbara...how does sunday look for you...wanna meet in W-burg at the LSS?

MeganF
MeganF 
Governor
MeganF

morning girls! crafty supplies to the rescue! I am glueing the badge back on the buckle for dh honor guard uniform with Uhu glue! hahaha!

how is everyone???

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to MeganF

doing good here!! trying to come up with some ideas fro my fil for his b-day he is an otr truck driver own his own company so not sure what to get or to make him

yay for crafty supplies to the rescue

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

Men are so hard to shop for!!!!!

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

Megan...wooo hoo for that bouncing baby boy!!!1he's practically a toddler!

MArlene...we are here for you...we will help you with this transition

create4sanity
Diva
create4sanity

Mandi - Bo Bunny makes a chipboard word album that says DAD. It is around $8.00. You and Brianna can decorate it with your pictures and pictures of his truck. It is small enough that he could take it with him on the road so he can always see you. I have made several of these word albums and everyone has loved it.

Barbara - No fair!! I want to meet at the LSS. Have fun.

Good morning to everyone! Have a blessed day.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

morning donna

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

thats such a great idea I bet he would be thrilled with that

MeganF
MeganF 
Governor
MeganF

oooh donna! good idea!! or Mandi- you could make one t hat says whatever Brianna calls him. I have made a couple with my cricut. Use giftboxes and mulitcut. Its easy. I dont have the deepblade housing either. I just use the regular one.

create4sanity
Diva
create4sanity

Forgot to ask.....Has anyone used fabric to make iron-ons with the Cricut? The T.V. commercial says you can do it to make quilt pieces. My GD softball team is playing in a tournment called "Get your boxers on." They have to wear decorated boxer shorts to play in. Weird, huh? I am going to cut out the ball with the flames off the Indie Art cart and the team name for each girl. I think you iron the webbing on before you cut out he fabric. Then they can iron it on the shorts. Do you think I need the longer needle or higher pressure settings. Need help here....
Thanks!!

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

are there any forums on the cricut site to help you with that..or u-tube videos?

MeganF
MeganF 
Governor
MeganF

here Donna- try this!

http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/tm.aspx?m=4478496

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

• Scrap Happy 2006 Said:
Hey Barbara...how does sunday look for you...wanna meet in W-burg at the LSS?

Sure! I'll have to check and see if they are open though.

gigikay
Queen
gigikay

• create4sanity Said:
Forgot to ask.....Has anyone used fabric to make iron-ons with the Cricut? The T.V. commercial says you can do it to make quilt pieces. My GD softball team is playing in a tournment called "Get your boxers on." They have to wear decorated boxer shorts to play in. Weird, huh? I am going to cut out the ball with the flames off the Indie Art cart and the team name for each girl. I think you iron the webbing on before you cut out he fabric. Then they can iron it on the shorts. Do you think I need the longer needle or higher pressure settings. Need help here....
Thanks!!

I am sure the normal blade would work. How cool is that.

Morning everyone, I am leaving soon for my MIL's she wants to have lunch and a little shopping.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Jennie, I just looked, they are closed on Sundays. I figured as much.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Never tried that Donna so I am no help!

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Have fun Gigi!

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

• Kahlan Said:
Jennie, I just looked, they are closed on Sundays. I figured as much.

grrrr...anywhere else we can meet?

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

The only other places I can think of are Michael's or Ben Franklin and they are both in Newport News.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

I was just in VA beach last weekend!!!!

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

If you want to meet in Newport News, I'm game!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to gigikay

• gigikay Said:
  • create4sanity Said:
Thanks!!

I am sure the normal blade would work. How cool is that.

Morning everyone, I am leaving soon for my MIL's she wants to have lunch and a little shopping.

I think it would work, too. One thing I would do is after you iron the appliques to the shorts is go around the edges of them with Scribbles ($1 at M's, HL, and just about everywhere else) to kind of "seal" the applique to the shorts. Scribbles is the fabric version of Stickles, if that makes any sense.

I've made lots of t-shirts this way, but what I've done is bought a quarter-yard of patterned fabric (like "Finding Nemo"), ironed on the Wonder Under (fusible webbing), cut out the characters, and iron them to shirts, sealing them with Scribbles. You'll want to tell the girls that to preserve the shorts they'll want to wash them inside out. Hope that helps!

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

Ria...i dont think there is a craft project you havent tried, is there!!!! hehe..it great that you do that though

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Jennie I've never airbrushed.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

I give ya till the end of the year and you will have that marked off your list!!!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

The list of what I haven't done is shorter than the list of what I HAVE done. Oh, I also haven't used gouache, but from what I understand it's a combination of watercolors and acrylics, both of which I've played with, so I'm probably not missing much.

I have:

made jewelery, both buying beads and stuff and making beads from clay

marbelized t-shirt and sneakers

tie-dyed t-shirt (doesn't work on Easter eggs )

made handmade (mulberry) paper

made hair accessories out of Friendly Plastic (which is so much better than rude plastic )

shoot I can't remember what else...

I've worked with graphite, colored pencil, marker, watercolors, acrylics, oils, pastel, and charcoal. I've had a couple of my pieces on display at the Nelson Art Gallery in Kansas City at a high school exhibit. I was in the National Art Honor Society my senior year of school. I was definitely an artist before I was a scrapper. I love art and everything about it, and Jory's showing signs of being the same way.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

Keep up the family tradition Jory

fairytattoo
Governor
fairytattoo

OK starting now I'm working my way backwards and leaving loving on all of your layouts. I probably won't be able to comment to all the posts but I'll do my best...lol!! Things have been so crazy busy around here!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

My prize came! My prize came!!!!!!

NSBD Prize!!!!!! By BlingQueenRia

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

That is cool Ria!! Congrats!!

I'm taking a break for a bit. I am vacuuming the furniture and just shampooed the love seat. I will wait to do the sofa tomorrow. It's too much bending. With a dog and burning the wood stove in winter the furniture gets to stinking!

Page 3 of 542 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics