Username Post: Husband Needing Gift Help For Scrapbooking Wife        (Topic#1504927)
New Kid On the Block

Hello All,

I was wondering if some of you would be so kind as to give me gift advice for my scrapbooking wife.

The main things I know she already has:
ScrapinStyle XXL travel bag for paper etc.
xyron 9" sticker maker
Cricut Expression
Cricut design software
Bag to transport Cricut Machine
Cricut Cartridge caddy (can't remember what it's called - holds 6 cartridges)
A big hand tool you use to put rivets in

Anyway, I was wondering if there was some other scrapbooking item(s) that are must haves or just plain neat that she might like to have added to her arsenal.

Thank you in advance!

- confused husband

Redeemed318
Guru
Redeemed318
In response to jodys dw

Since she has a cricut, more cartridges are always nice
Also, stickles sets

something organizational-- be it for paper or tools

and these new smooch things seem to be awesome and they are pretty new so it may be something she hasn't had a chance to get for herself yet.

Crystal is Leahs Mom
Idol
Crystal is Leahs Mom
In response to Redeemed318

does she have enough storage? Does she buy a lot of paper? Do you know if she's working on certain project.
wait,wait,wait.
Is she on this site. If so you can find out her name and go to her wish list.

Crystal is Leahs Mom
Idol
Crystal is Leahs Mom
In response to Crystal is Leahs Mom

If she's on this site, Go to her page and on the right side there will be a list of things, click on her wish list and you should see all the type of things that she may want and you can purchase them from here or at your local scapbook store.

~ShawnaH~
Veteran
~ShawnaH~

OMG - I can't believe you even know what she has! My husband wouldn't have the first clue as to what any of the stuff is!

I second the Making Memories Desktop Carousel. I got one a M's with a 40% coupon.

I personally would right know want photo development gift cards and photo storage boxes but she probably doesn't. (Just had to mention in case my DH decides to looks here - highly unlikely but you never know!)

New Kid On the Block

Thanks for the replies!

Redeemed318 - I can give her a Smooch for her birthday! LOL

Crystal - No she is not on this sight, although she should be. Very friendly people!

She does need some storage I think. She is going to convert a room in our basement into her craft room.

Also, is there a good crafting paper cutter you guys (gals) would reccomend? It seems like all the normal ones ( Fiskars etc.) are kind of cheap.

New Kid On the Block
In response to ~ShawnaH~

• ~ShawnaH~ Said:
OMG - I can't believe you even know what she has! My husband wouldn't have the first clue as to what any of the stuff is!

I second the Making Memories Desktop Carousel. I got one a M's with a 40% coupon.

I personally would right know want photo development gift cards and photo storage boxes but she probably doesn't. (Just had to mention in case my DH decides to looks here - highly unlikely but you never know!)

I bought her the Cricut and the xyron !

I was pretty popular for quite a while. LOL

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to jodys dw

you could always get her a gift cert for this site

as far as trimmers go...the Purple Cows one is nice. I myself just bought one and love it!

If she needs more storage you could get her some of the Purple Cows icubes.

New Kid On the Block
In response to jodys dw

Would any of you mind telling me what your top 5 Cricut cartridges are?

I know there's some Storybook one she has and really likes. Of course she got the two that come with the Cricut. I think she has a paperdoll one too ...

Redeemed318
Guru
Redeemed318
In response to jodys dw

I've heard lots about the Making Memories paper trimmer... lots of people love it.

Redeemed318
Guru
Redeemed318
In response to jodys dw

As far as the cartridges go, I would have to say it really depends on what kinds of things she is scrapping.

I like Walk in My garden because it has a lot of different flowers...

I would look at what she does or your kids if you guys have any... there are different sports themed ones, travel ones, baby ones--- all kinds!!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

I LOVE my MM trimmer! It is wonderful and worth every penny. I can't scrap without it.

Also, does she have a nice pair of scissors? I just got the Tonic ones and love them. My cutterbees are also great.

Does she have the tool kit for her Cricut? What about the spatula? (Such a great tool too.)

Crystal is Leahs Mom
Idol
Crystal is Leahs Mom

below are some things she might like if she's creating a scrapbook room.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Crystal is Leahs Mom
Idol
Crystal is Leahs Mom

but look online for 40-50% Coupons if your going to get the Making Memories items it will save you some money to get other items. You can get a coupon at acmoore website.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to scraprabbit

Oh, what about an ott-lite lamp? If she's moving into a scrap room the ott-lites are wonderful. They are true color bulbs. Joann's has a bunch of different kinds on their website. I have a floor model, but you can get tabletop kinds too.

Pocono Pam
Mayor
Pocono Pam

Good idea about the wish list! I agree! Let us know!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Pocono Pam

Wow, all you guys are great! Thank you so much for taking the time and giving me such good ideas!

Decisions, decisions ...

I'm going to tell her about this site and show her this thread AFTER her birthday on Friday.

Crystal is Leahs Mom
Idol
Crystal is Leahs Mom
In response to jodys dw

Ok, Have a great week. Happy Birthdays to Jodymr's Wife.

Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas

How sweet of you for trying to figure out what scrapping supply to get your wife. Anyway, not sure if I'm too late, but I recently bought a couple of Fiskar border punches and LOVE them. They add a nice touch to any layout. Imagine I used to cut these out by hand Now it's just punch punch punch and I'm done!

http://store.scrapbook.com/f-4598.html

Redeemed318
Guru
Redeemed318
In response to Mama2Thomas

Please make sure to post what you decided on... I'm sure she'll be happy either way

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

AN ATG GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT LOOKS LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SERIOULSY!!!!!!! she'd love it, if she doesn't have one!!!!

Does she have a GOOD trimmer???? the MM trimmer is awesome!!!!!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to CommaHolly

Ok, here is the deal so far. I printed out a 40% Michael's coupon and purchased the MM trimmer with it, and noticed the MM carousel was on sale (40% off). I picked them both up for $53 OTD. Now I'm going to pick up a couple more things, but I"m not sure what though. I'm leaning towards that ATG gun and maybe an OTT Lamp for her new craft room? I'll have to see how much they are though. Oh and maybe some Smooches and Stickles. LOL

Anyway, so far so good! I'll update later. Goodnight all!

Edited by jodymr on 05-19-09 07:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Crystal is Leahs Mom
Idol
Crystal is Leahs Mom
In response to jodys dw

oooh great job they also have 20% of the entire purchase excluding certain items for Micheal's. in Simple Scrapbooks s. Scrapbook etc.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I don't think you'd regret the ATG gun and about 12 rolls of the Scotch gold atg tape

oh, and btw, do you want my DH's cell phone number?????? LOL,,,,maybe you could give him a few ideas,,,,

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

OOoooooooooooo the MM carousel is on sale????

SERIOUSLY??????????? I WANT ONE!!!!!!!! when does the sale end???????? I want one!!!!!! LOL

Pocono Pam
Mayor
Pocono Pam

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! 1 Great! I can't wait to hear how your wife reacted!!

New Kid On the Block

• CommaHolly Said:
I don't think you'd regret the ATG gun and about 12 rolls of the Scotch gold atg tape

oh, and btw, do you want my DH's cell phone number?????? LOL,,,,maybe you could give him a few ideas,,,,

That's too funny commaHolly. Yes, it looks like the storage stuff at Michael's is 40% off right now (no need for coupon). Does anyone know if the 20% off entire order (thanks Crystal) will work on sale items?

Edited by jodymr on 05-20-09 05:37 AM. Reason for edit: spelling

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

• Redeemed318 Said:
I've heard lots about the Making Memories paper trimmer... lots of people love it.

Yes, this paper cutter is the bomb! The blade never needs sharpening or replacing. It's fairly large, but is made to fold in half if she wants to take it to crops. I love mine! It's nice and heavy-duty.

New Kid On the Block
In response to dwelch

Hi Dwelch. Yeah, the MM Trimmer seems to get high praise. I love the fact that it sharpens itself! The Fiskar one she has (soon to be had) always makes her angry! LOL

New Kid On the Block
In response to Pocono Pam

• Pocono Pam Said:

Yeah, I'm gonna start off with "honey, I have a confession to make. I have been chatting with multiple women online".

Redeemed318
Guru
Redeemed318
In response to jodys dw

@ chatting with multiple women on line, maybe you can introduce us all after her birthday

She is going to be so excited!!

I don't have one of the MM trimmers, but it is next on my list to get!!

m.perk
m.perk 36
Governor
m.perk

I would recommend the Making Memories Paper Trimmer. I just bought on myself and cant wait to get it!

As for my favorite Cricut carts, I cant seem to live without my Stretch Your Imagination, Don Juan, Alphalicious, Opposites Attract and Lyrical Letters.

Another good gift idea is the ATG 714 adhesive gun. In the long run, it is the cheapest adhesive to refill with the best results!

Crystal is Leahs Mom
Idol
Crystal is Leahs Mom
In response to m.perk

lol, that's too funny, you should take a picture bc her expression is going to be priceless. I just checked the coupon and it excludes sale items. Sorry.

I think I need that mm trimmer now.lol

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 05-20-09 10:31 AM
In response to jodys dw

• jodymr Said:
  • Pocono Pam Said:

Yeah, I'm gonna start off with "honey, I have a confession to make. I have been chatting with multiple women online".

then you are going to have to give her the password to your account so she can come online with everyone and share the creations she makes with her new toys....er I mean.......tools!!

You're a keeper!!!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
  • jodymr Said:
  • Pocono Pam Said:

then you are going to have to give her the password to your account so she can come online with everyone and share the creations she makes with her new toys....er I mean.......tools!!

You're a keeper!!!!

Oh for sure! Her birthday is Friday, so she'll be here shortly. She has made many scrapbooks, and she also loves making cards/invitations for people.

New Kid On the Block
In response to jodys dw

Ok, Here is the final birthday list for my Scrapbookin' Sweetie:

MM Trimmer
MM Carousel
3M ATG 714 1/4" Tape Dispenser
(4) rolls 3M 908 Gold 1/4" x 36 yard tape

Plus I'm going to install natural light flourescent tubes in the overhead light in her soon to be craft room!

I have my mom buying her an Ott-Lite (the clamp style with snake neck) and some storage furniture.

The stuff from my mom is a special thank you for doing almost 300 programs, menus, table number cards, and place cards for my sister's wedding.

Thanks again everyone for being so friendly and helpful. My wife will be on the boards soon!

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to jodys dw

She's gonna love all of her new goodies!!! You picked out some great things! Cant wait to meet her!

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 05-20-09 08:44 PM
In response to jodys dw

• jodymr Said:
Ok, Here is the final birthday list for my Scrapbookin' Sweetie:

MM Trimmer
MM Carousel
3M ATG 714 1/4" Tape Dispenser
(4) rolls 3M 908 Gold 1/4" x 36 yard tape

Plus I'm going to install natural light flourescent tubes in the overhead light in her soon to be craft room!

I have my mom buying her an Ott-Lite (the clamp style with snake neck) and some storage furniture.

The stuff from my mom is a special thank you for doing almost 300 programs, menus, table number cards, and place cards for my sister's wedding.

Thanks again everyone for being so friendly and helpful. My wife will be on the boards soon!

OMG!!! She is soo lucky....orrr maybe you are the lucky one

Crystal is Leahs Mom
Idol
Crystal is Leahs Mom
In response to naf

Sounds great, can't wait to meet her.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to jodys dw

• jodymr Said:
  • Pocono Pam Said:

OOOOOOOoooooooooooo that is DANGEROUS!! You like to live dangerously, huh???

I'd be REAL QUICK about whipping out those presents and explaining, or she may FIND them when she's cleaning out your closets after your FUNERAL!!!!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
  • Redeemed318 Said:

Yes, this paper cutter is the bomb! The blade never needs sharpening or replacing. It's fairly large, but is made to fold in half if she wants to take it to crops. I love mine! It's nice and heavy-duty.

I seem to remember, dwelch, that you went the same route I did,,,,the cutterpede,,,,,,but then seemed unhappy with it after a while,,,,

same here,,,,

LOL, and I see you went for the MM trimmer afterall,,,,,same here

New Kid On the Block

• CommaHolly Said:
  • jodymr Said:
  • Pocono Pam Said:

I'd be REAL QUICK about whipping out those presents and explaining, or she may FIND them when she's cleaning out your closets after your FUNERAL!!!!!!

LOL ... That is a good point!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 05-21-09 07:47 AM
In response to jodys dw

• jodymr Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:
  • jodymr Said:
  • Pocono Pam Said:

LOL ... That is a good point!

only you Holly, would think of that

New Kid On the Block
In response to j3Mel

m.perk
m.perk 36
Governor
m.perk
In response to jodys dw

Wonderful gift choices! Cant wait to see her on here and see her creations!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to m.perk

Ok, just an update.

I stopped at a local scrapbook store last night. This is getting ridiculous I know. Anyway, my daughter wanted to give her mom a litte something from just her (she's 7 and her name is Hope), so I picked up 6 Stickles and 1 Smooch (all they had left)!

Again, I had scrapbookin' ladies look at me very strangely. I was a husband out of the wild that had come into their world! they were very curious! Amazed actually!

I better stop now for fear of disrupting the natural order of things (until next year )

Thanks again everyone.

Crystal is Leahs Mom
Idol
Crystal is Leahs Mom
In response to jodys dw

lol

Redeemed318
Guru
Redeemed318

too funny! I guess we'll find out how much she loved all her stuff today or maybe tomorrow, I'm sure she'll be thanking him for a while

Pocono Pam
Mayor
Pocono Pam

Can't wait to hear @ her reaction!! My husband said to give you a high five!!!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 05-22-09 07:55 AM
In response to jodys dw

• jodymr Said:
Ok, just an update.

I stopped at a local scrapbook store last night. This is getting ridiculous I know. Anyway, my daughter wanted to give her mom a litte something from just her (she's 7 and her name is Hope), so I picked up 6 Stickles and 1 Smooch (all they had left)!

Again, I had scrapbookin' ladies look at me very strangely. I was a husband out of the wild that had come into their world! they were very curious! Amazed actually!

I better stop now for fear of disrupting the natural order of things (until next year )

Thanks again everyone.

it may take months for the natural order of things to return to order...........tell her we all said Happy Birthday

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole
In response to j3Mel

Happy b-day to ur wife!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Jordannichole

Do you have a brother? I mean,,,I've been married for 25 years, but I wouldn't mind another DH!!!!!!

Crystal is Leahs Mom
Idol
Crystal is Leahs Mom

• CommaHolly Said:
Do you have a brother? I mean,,,I've been married for 25 years, but I wouldn't mind another DH!!!!!!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Priceless, can't wait to see how she reacted and I know she will love all the goodies you bought, and DD gave her and your mom. Can't wait to see her around her with all of us. Your a keeper thats for sure.

Busy Little Hands
Pro
Busy Little Hands
In response to jodys dw

Do you know her favorite scrapbook supply store? If you do...gift cards are great. She can pick out what she needs or wants. Maybe you could prepay a few crops (those things where she goes out for the day and scrapbooks someplace with a bunch of other people ) for her. If you know who she scrapbooks with when she does go to crops...ask them too. They will know what she's been eyeballing. Hope this gives you some ideas. My husband would be in the very same predicament.
Good luck.

CATsAngel
Resident
CATsAngel
In response to Busy Little Hands

Hahaha after reading this thread and how sweet you are to your wife I told my husband to watch out now I know there are more great guys out there like my special man!

New Kid On the Block
In response to CATsAngel

What's up all my lady friends!

I gave her all the presents and she really likes them. Thanks again for the advice. She hasn't had much of a chance to use them yet, but I could tell she really liiked that ATG gun a lot. She'll be on soon! She said that she is afraid that when she does she'll spend all day doing it. LOL

As far as husbands go, I'm ok I guess. I like to stay humble.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to jodys dw

• jodymr Said:
What's up all my lady friends!

I gave her all the presents and she really likes them. Thanks again for the advice. She hasn't had much of a chance to use them yet, but I could tell she really liiked that ATG gun a lot. She'll be on soon! She said that she is afraid that when she does she'll spend all day doing it. LOL

Well, yeah, that's a side-effect of this site! Glad she liked her gifts.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Yes we do tend to be on here alot, lol. But we love to chat, get ideas from each other and scrap.

Mister Melanie
New Kid On the Block
Mister Melanie
In response to jodys dw

• jodymr Said:
Ok, just an update...

Again, I had scrapbookin' ladies look at me very strangely. I was a husband out of the wild that had come into their world! they were very curious! Amazed actually! ...

I so feel for you. The ladies at my Wife's store were used to seeing me with her, but every so often I go in alone. At first they thought "He must be lost, looking for the hardware store across the street." Now, when I go in alone, I just get asked if I need help about 10 time in 20 feet.

Pocono Pam
Mayor
Pocono Pam
In response to Mister Melanie

I am happy that she is happy!! Good job!!

scrapin'kate
Veteran
scrapin'kate

How about a zutter machine? It's really fun and you can make some many cool little projects with it. It binds papers together to make mini albums or whatever. It's great!! It's about 75$ I think + maybe afew wires (5$ a pack) and afew album covers (1-3$ a pack) it's a really cute tool (comes in pink!!!) and few people have it so it's fun to have if she likes to scrap with friends

good luck and let us know what you end up getting!!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to scrapin'kate

Hello all! I am so excited to be here. Sorry it took me so long to join in. I love all of the wonderful gifts my husband gave me and I sure do love him! What a blessing. Thanks for all of your tips. I love the ATG714. I will post some pics soon of my new scrap room. My daughter and I have been working on converting an old basement room for the past few days. Thats the main reason for my delay in joining in here. I can't wait to move all my stuff in there and start using my new tools!

Redeemed318
Guru
Redeemed318
In response to jodys dw

So nice to meet you finally

Glad you liked all of your gifts and that you stopped by to say hello

You'll love this place there are a ton of wonderful women here that are so stinkin' creative. The gallery is a wonderful place to browse, there are some fabulous ideas if you are looking for them for your new scraproom

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

Welcome! Glad you liked your gifts!

creativesoul_in_WI
Governor
creativesoul_in_WI

Welcome to the neighborhood! I'm so glad to read to you have a wonderful DH. My Sweetie goes scrap shopping with me too and always seems to turn heads in the stores. Actually the last time I went both he and my 19 yr old son accompanied me. Can't wait to see your scrap room! You'll definitely become addicted to this site, all the great ppl and of course the awesome inspiration!

Crystal is Leahs Mom
Idol
Crystal is Leahs Mom
In response to creativesoul_in_WI

Hi, Welcome to the site, Happy Belated birthday and congrats on your new scrap room. I am so happy that you loved all of your gifts. I learned so much from this site and I'm still learning things everyday. I do not know how to do everything but if you need help I will try my best to get you the correct answer. Have a wonderful time in your new scraproom and surfing this site.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 06-01-09 10:48 AM

glad to see you made it here...........you'll learn lots of exciting things from all the ladies that hang out here........and yes, looks like you have a keeper for a hubby......enjoy the room, the hobby, and the hubby

CATsAngel
Resident
CATsAngel
In response to j3Mel

Welcome I would love to see pics of your scraproom!

JubiLea Creations
New Kid On the Block
JubiLea Creations
In response to jodys dw

It's almost impossible to give a scrapbooker exactly what she wants unless she tells you exactly what that is. The most appreciated gift would be a gift certificate to Scrapbook.com or her favorite brick and mortar scrapbook store. I know this is true for me and all my scrapbooking friends.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics