Username Post: Working Mom Seeking an S 4 chest and a cape        (Topic#1505357)
GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to zrock

Just got home from work and now it looks like it might rain! It has been sunny all day.
Anna, hoping the mailman brings good news!

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh
In response to GinnyHughes

Well, shoot, Zandra if you're doing a money dance why don't you just do it for all of us? lol

MelindaK
Governor
MelindaK
In response to mom2lfh

Just checking in, for those who haven't checked the Bingo thread, Mandy completed all 16 today!

MelindaK
Governor
MelindaK
In response to MelindaK

Slow in here this weekend, I guess I am the only one who has no life! Lol. My big plans for the day are to cook breakfast, haha.

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex
In response to MelindaK

I have no life too, i just spent the last 4hrs hunting for a cheap trip to eurodisney only to find the cheapest was still quite expensive haha.

charlottemd
Diva
charlottemd
In response to xAlysonex

Man, I hate when that happens. I had a whole paragraph written and then deleted it. UGH.. Here I go again

Alison I hope you have a great time at the airshow.. It takes us about 45 min to get to Warner Robins when we go see them.. the Kiddos love em.

Disney is my most favorite. Really expensive, but sooooo worth it.

Congrats Mandy of the completion. I don't know if I will be able to finish mine. I will try though. lol

Anna, I hope the Mailman brings happy mail for you. Heck... I wish the mail man would bring happy mail for me too. :0)

I have really enjoyed reading about everyones kids in thier sports.. it lets me know that im not alone in this battle. lol Thanks everyone and have a great day!!

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to charlottemd

Hi! I am waiting for my dh to get home from work so I can go to work. Some days we just pass each other at the door!
I think we might go to Disney next year, we had been planning on going this past April but the new baby changed those plans. I didn't think being 8 months pregnant and walking around sounded like so much fun!
Hope everyone is having a great weekend

MelindaK
Governor
MelindaK

Charlotte, that keeps happening to me! The other day when I posted I wasn't responding to everything it was because I had typed this big long response, about 10 times, and every time I got to the end my cursor would jump back and delete it all!

Never been to Disney, I passed up on my Senior trip cause I was too "cool" to go with those kids, and I passed up a few months later cause I was too "cool" to go, and have spent the last 33 years wishing I hadn't been so "cool" when I was younger!

craftysprinkles
Queen
craftysprinkles
In response to MelindaK

Ginny.. Congrats on baby number 5!!

I have had a busy Saturday, so after church today I came home and crashed for a couple of hours. We are having a heat wave so temps are around 100 here which is high for us.

Yesterday we went to a car show, then went to a sprint boat race. For those of you that don't know what that is, it's mini speed boats that cruise around in these water filled ditches going 60 mph. They turn on a dime. Fun to watch!

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to craftysprinkles

Oh no, don't wish that on me just yet!! This was for baby #4 that was just born in May. Although my husband is already asking me if i am ready for another.

craftysprinkles
Queen
craftysprinkles

Oh so we were talking past tense lol. I was scimming the thread and read it wrong. LoL.. I hope I didn't jinx you.. Just kidding.

MelindaK
Governor
MelindaK

You know what, I give you ladies credit. I only did 2, and while (because I'm old), I occasionally miss having a little one around, I can't comprehend trying to do more than 2...

craftysprinkles
Queen
craftysprinkles
In response to MelindaK

Not sure what is going to happen with my oldest, but I am set up to always have young ones in my life. My oldest being 15 and my youngest being two. If Raine ever gets on track again she could be married (hopefully) and having babies when Brooklyn is still a kid. LoL!! Who knows. I leave it all up to God these days.

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex

Good Morning! For the 1st time in ages im awake early, its 7:30am & i am die cutting & enjoying the quiet while it lasts. Finally finishing off that LO thats been sat on my dining room table all weekend.

As for babies id love another but I know I just couldn't cope at the moment. My boys need to get a bit bigger & a bit more house trained before I think about that. Once Owens temper settles & Noa is finally potty trained I might think about it a bit more seriously. But in the meantime I am trying to enjoy the 2 I have.

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex
In response to xAlysonex

So I blinked & its lunchtime, i gotta give in & go for groceries before we starve. I dont know what came over me not only did i die cut my dragonflys for my last LO, but I made diecuts for all our winners & 10 greeting cards. Hopefully my mojo will still be here when i get back need to get scrapping.

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to xAlysonex

I always wanted a 3rd child too. I was hoping I' get my boy. DH was not in agreement, though. He married later in life and is 9 yrs. older than me. Now that my girls are 13 and 16, I'm kind of glad I listened to dh. I'm very content with our little family just as we are! I see a lot of my friends who had the 3rd and 4th, and I give them a whole heap of credit! I'm the baby of 3 myself, and loved having both a sister and a brother; but my girls will have to get through life just having eachother -- which I think is a pretty good thing!

I'm off to figure out what's up with my pool. The water all of a sudden got green and cloudy. The algecide we put in worked overnight, and the water now looks blue again, but we haven't been able to get rid of the cloudiness. I think I'll through the robot in and see what it can stir up. Sometimes it's more work than I'm up for!

Edited by provinca on 07-27-09 03:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to provinca

Good morning ladies! I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend!

Zandra, a money dance...I'm with Connie, do one for all of us. I think we could all use it in these economic times.

God blessed us with 5 children. We wanted 4, but got a little extra surprise with the last pregnancy...twins. We had 2 girls and 1 boy to start with and my son was always asking for a baby brother. There was a radio commercial that said, "St Vincent's, where babies come from". Every time that he heard that commercial, he asked if we could go there to get a baby brother. LOL! It was cute, but I had to tell him that's not how it works. He then asked Santa for a baby brother...talk about red faced, lol! I told him that he was asking the wrong person. He told me that he prayed "real hard" for a baby brother. In February (after the Christmas that he asked Santa), I found out that I was pregnant! A couple months later, I found out it was twins! He said mom, I'm going to get 2 baby brothers...and then we found out they were both boys!

There were 4 of us growing up. I have 2 sisters and I had 1 brother, who was the baby. I felt so sorry for my brother. We dressed him in girls clothing and put make up on him. He always let us though.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to crafty mom of 5

My 2 little ones keep me busy but I kinda want one more. Hoping it would be a girl. But with my husband out of work and no extra money I don't know if we'll ever try for a third. Just keep hoping he'll get a good job with benefits and lots of money. Then there's a possibility for another one.

charlottemd
Diva
charlottemd

alright, that is so funny Amy.. I would love to see pics of him all dressed up.. You should totally scrap that memory. :0)

I have two children, but every now and then I was a third... Then I am like what am I thinking and I quickly get away from that thought. I like my family the way it is. Madison 7, Alex 3, and my Stepson Austin 12. No more babies for me.

ALIRIGHT, I have a praise Report... I am not ULTRA religious or anything, but when God is good, He is good. OK, yall know i have been stressing about the money... I mean I have 260 dollars due by Saturday for Maddys cheer stuff.
I sold exactly 35 dollars worth of Avon. that will cover her registration fee.
I sold 50 bucks at the yard sale, that will cover her deposit on her uniform..
Then one of my kids I keep brought her older sister.. that is another 50 that will cover my half of the 100 for tuition.
all I have to find is 70 dollars for her compeition fees.

GOD IS GOOD!!

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh

That's great news, Charlotte! I'm sure $70 will show up somewhere. Maybe you'll find it in a pocket when you do laundry.

As for kids, I have 2 and am happy with my 2 (which is a good thing, since after the second one came along I had everything tied off. lol). I honestly don't have the energy to keep up with the 2 I have but SOMETIMES (in a fit of insanity) SOOOOO wish I had another baby. I'm happy with girls, don't know a thing about boys so if I had another one I would want a girl.
Last year DH caught me researching Tubal Ligation Reversal surgery on the internet....I thought he was going to move out then and there. lol. I've even looked into adopting a little Chinese girl but that is A LOT of work. lol. And even more expensive than having reversal surgery. lol
I honestly don't know how those of you who have a bushel of kids manage. And I commend you for having the patience to do it. God must have given you a special gift.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to mom2lfh

Connie, I had my tubes tied too. I do well to keep up with my 5. There is never a dull moment at my house. I can tell you one thing, though...boys are easier than girls. I think that might be why God only gave me two girls...He never gives us more than we can handle. LOL! I wouldn't trade my life for anything.

Charlotte, I'm sure you'll find $70 somewhere. Maybe you could do a fundraiser...a bake sale or something. I still owe about $200 for Briana's cheer stuff. I have to send it with her at her next practice on August 4th.

I am so ready for school to start back. I have 3 that are ready to go back to school. The little ones won't be 5 until September 9th, so they missed it this year by 8 days! They really wanted to go, but we are working on writing their names and the letters of the alphabet, numbers, colors, and opposites/same. Sometimes it's hard to keep their attention for very long...it may be a good thing that they have to wait another year to go to school. I may be at the school as much as they are...I may really get to the principal, lol! We're going school shopping next week. I've already gotten most of their school supplies...now time for clothes! I'm getting ready for the DRAMA!

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to mom2lfh

Little Chinese babies are so cute. I would think of doing that too. If it wasn't so much money.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to cutencrafty

I have a niece whose mother is from the phillippines, and she is ADORABLE! My sister-in-law, Grace, is such a sweetheart. She gets teased a lot because she is only 4ft 6in. tall! I tell her that she's not actually tall enough to be in the car without a booster seat! She just laughs! Hannah, my niece, will be one on August 11th!

Mel, I almost forgot...I got those BEAUTIFUL roses in the mail on Friday! Thanks so much!!! Briana was fascinated by them. She wanted one of them, but I told her that I already had plans for them.

MelindaK
Governor
MelindaK

Amy, I'm happy you like them!
Charlotte, I'm happy the money is rolling in!
I was an only child. When I was a teenager, my mother wished 2 girls on me, so that I would get twice the problems I gave her, lol, and she got her wish!
My youngest is in my scraproom right now with her bf. It's awesome. His mom's b-day is Wednesday,and he had no money to get her a gift, so we printed out a nice pic of him on my computer, and I gave them access to all my scrap stuff. We are going to get a frame for it tomorrow. Only thing I'm not thrilled about is they raided my Prima flowers, and my flower stash is not large, but I didn't want to be stingy, lol. They said I can put a pic of the lo here when they are done, so I will be doing that.
Have a great day everyone, I have housework to get done!

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex
In response to MelindaK

A friend of mine had financial problems & needed to repair his car to get to job interviews & such, he couldn't afford to repair his car so he asked his friends on facebook if they could all give him a pound towards the bill. Alot of them were generous & his bill was paid & he had some spare. Maybe all your friends could give your daughter $1 towards her sport she would make that $70 so quick.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Camping was amazing. A lot of it was so great cause my son and step daughter get along so well. Camping with my son only is a lot more work and watching for me. That makes me think one or two more babies around here would be nice. My DH2B would love another little one. We don't get his girls enough. Plus we both have brand new baby nieces and holding a sweet cute baby is tempting. Amy mom sons done that asked for a brother from santa. At his last doctors appointment he told the doc he wanted a brother or even a sister.

Big congrats to Mandy with the bingo. I'll get those addresses out to all. And if anyone one else gets a bingo before the 15 I have a little RAK.

Anyone comes to the disney area hollar. To help my little cousins understand where I live I tell them I'm just over an hour from Mickey Mouse's house.

I too love the sports talk so far my son's sports have not been that pricey. He too had a teammate take a pitch in the mouth that's going to need the tooth eventually replaced.

Ok were home time 4 me 2 unload.

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to Ms.Schwiet

Oh Charlotte, I'm so glad you've been coming across the money you need. I'm hoping the next $70 is right around the corner.

I'm pretty psyched myself! The mailman delivered today, and not a moment too soon. Property taxes are due on Friday! Hallelulia!

It's very humid here today. I think I'll go jump in the pool. Water's still cloudy, but at least it's clean!

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to provinca

Hope the money train keeps coming for you gals!!
I think we are going to try for 1 more baby, we always said 4 or 5. Some days are chaotic and I get nothing else done other than make sure the kids are fed, happy and safe. My dh always wanted a brother and he wants that for Emmett.
So glad you had fun camping, we are going to go when the kids get a little older.

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex
In response to provinca

Sounds like you had a fab break Stacey.

Yay! Happy Mail for Anna.

DH has just called to say his boss had dropped by to let them know thier drafts were coming through. He is being stationed on H.M.S. Ark Royal, which is doing a 40 country world tour starting in November 1st stop NY!!!!!!! Im so jealous then off to the Carribean. Apparently it could be 11 months long thats the only downside. My DH said don't be jealous i'll be working out there, I was like duh.... your still gonna get time off. He said aww i'll bring you some scrapbook goodies back. DOes he think im that easily pleased?! Haha maybe he knows me too well lol of course i'm that easily pleased.

charlottemd
Diva
charlottemd
In response to provinca

Yipee Anna Im glad you got Happy Mail. :0)

Stacey, you know when both you and the DH both are ok with another baby they arn't far behind. lol ;0)

Amy, I am going to get those thickers out to you in the very near future.. sorry so late, I have been overwhelmed.

As far as Chinese babies, they are sooo cute. :0)I don't really have a call to adopt one, but I would love to do foster care here in my house. I told kris once our kids are out of the house I want to have atleast on here. I mean there are so many kids that go to foster homes that are worse than what they came out of.

As Far as Fundraisers go. I think I am going to try to set up some krispyKream Sales. If I set up at least one day at walmart. I bet I could sell enough to pay for the whole thing.. The only bad thing is you have to purchase the doughnuts first.. kinda pricey. well see. I thought about a texas penny trade...You go door to door with a penny and ask people what they would give you for your yard sale for a penny. people give all kinds of things for a good cause.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

Stacey, sounds like you had fun camping. I would go if there's a nice private shower and bathroom. Just wondering do you have a wedding date set?

Charlotte that texas penny thing sounds like fun!

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Stacey, I'm so glad that you guys had fun on your camping trip. Did you stay in a camper or in a tent? I couldn't stay in a tent. I live in Alabama, but am soooooo not a country/camper type.

Mel, it's so thoughtful of you to share your scrappy goodness for a very thoughtful birthday gift for DD's BF's mom.

Anna, I'm so glad that your mail carrier brought you some good news. I'm with you on the bill thing...I hate them! LOL!

Ginny, 3 girls and 1 boy...whew! I'll bet there's lots of drama at your house, lol!

Alison, scrappy goodness from hubby's trips...I could live with that. He knows your weakness now, uh oh! LOL!

Charlotte, good luck with the Krsipy Kreme sales. No hurry for the thickers...you've got your hands full. Thank you for the thickers, though.

Mandy, congrats on the Bingo!

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Mel, Congrats on the Bingo too, I almost forgot...I'm sorry!

MelindaK
Governor
MelindaK

Thank you, Amy!
Stacey, happy you had fun camping.
Anna, happy the money came in!
Alison, happy you will be getting scrap goodies!

This is the lo dd and her bf did, I think they did a wonderful job, since all I really did to help was say here's the scrap stuff! If you guys wouldn't mind stopping by and leaving them a comment, I'd really appreciate it, she was kind of excited to have me post it here...

Nate's Mom's lo By MelindaK

Pamelalynne
Guru
Pamelalynne
In response to zrock

hey ladies, I'm still alive!!

Been so busy, its not even funny. I'll do all the updates on what y'all are talking about bur I have a question (going to the store in a few)

My friend is having a baby,due in november, and I wanted to make her a scrapbook. Here is what I need help with. She isn't finding out the baby's sex until he or she arives. what colors should I use? Also, what should I put in there? Should I start the scrapbook now and do the pregnancy part of it, or should I start from the baby being born and getting all the first craw, first tooth, etc.

Thank you soo much!

charlottemd
Diva
charlottemd
In response to Pamelalynne

Pam, I would start with her pregnancy, cause I know for me that every pregnancy I plan on getting a ton of preggo pics and then I don't.. I always wish I did though. As far as colors go you can always to a pink/blue page like is it a boy or girl type page, and then use greens and yellows for the rest those are very neutral. I hope this helps

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Pammy, I did a scrapbook for a friend of mine several years ago and she didn't know the sex of the baby. I used cream, mint greens, and a pale yellow. I included a place to put an "expectant" photo, a place for baby shower photos and momentos. A place for the announcement of the birth was included. I also included a space for all of the "firsts", first bath, tooth, curl, etc. I also included a page for each month of baby's life for the first year. The beauty of doing these type pages is that they can all be done using the same or similar layout or design. I used a duckie theme throughout the entire scrapbook. It was really cute. She loved it! Good luck Pammy!

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 07-27-09 10:56 PM

hello all I am glad to hear that God is coming thru for you all!

sorry I havent been on much but almost done with summer school.

will check back tomorrow.

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to zrock

I would also start with the pregnancy and I like the idea of the duckie theme. It might help the book come together easier if you use a theme.

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh

And I don't know HOW people manage to NOT find out the sex of the baby!!!!!!! There was no way I COULDN'T find out!!! I couldn't stand it!!!!! As soon as there was something to see, I HAD to know! lol

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to mom2lfh

LOL. When I was pregnant with my first, I didn't find out what it was but my husband did. He kept it a secret from me. I thought I was smarter than him,though. I figured he was so anxious for a girl, that if it was a girl, he'd be busting at the seams. Well, he wasn't, so I figured it was a boy! Guess what - girl! I later found out that he told his mom (wasn't nuts about her knowing before me!) Anyway, when it was time for number 2, I found out as soon as I could. For practical reasons -- I had to know if I had to go shopping and had to redecorate!

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to provinca

I found out for both of my kids I couldn't wait 9 months to find out what I was having. Plus if I was having a girl I wanted to go out and buy all those cute little dresses. I'm still waiting to buy those cute dresses.

My baby he's about 8 1/2 months old. Is attached to me at my hip. He won't let me put him down. As soon as I do he cries and cries. I try to sit on the floor with him get him entertained with toys and then sneak away. He catches me everytime. I can't even get dressed. I put him on the bed and I stand right next to the bed. There he is crawling over to me. I love him to death but he is making me insane. Should I just let him sit there and cry or keep doing what I do (pick him up and he stops crying). Help. Anybody ever have this with your kids.

charlottemd
Diva
charlottemd

I know it is hard to just let them cry, cut sometimes you have to do what you have to do... I have been keeping kids for about 7 years and this is what I have come up with.. It is ok to let them cry..kids don't die from crying. :0) thank GOD.. You may have to put him in his crib when you have to put him in his crib when you have to do things and if he cries. at least he won't be hanging on to your leg. I know it is hard, but Hey, thats the way it is sometimes. :0)

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes

I agree with Charlotte, sometimes they just have to cry it out. I think it helps them learn how to cope with things on their own. At 8 1/2 months he is old enough to play by himself for a little while. I know it is easier said than done!

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex

I wanted to know the sex with both mine they wouldn't tell me with the 1st because back then they were strict about not telling anyone at that hospital. With my second they told me i was having a boy & I was dissapointed because i really wanted a girl again. But it gave me some time to get used to the idea. I think if we do get round to having another id probably find out again.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to xAlysonex

Thanks for the advice. I just have to be strong enough and not cave in when he cries. Now I'm off to the allergist with my other son.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

I wanted to know the sex of all of my kids as soon as possible. I had to be prepared for the clothing and such. I had a baby shower with my first baby and the ladies that I worked with threw a shower for me with my twins which really helped a lot. So, with the others, it was really all up to my husband and I to get all of the things that were needed for the babies. We bought a little at a time as soon as we knew what to start buying.

Michelle, I agree with Charlotte and Ginny. Sometimes, you just have to let them cry. Forest (the youngest by 1 whole minute) cried ALL of the time. He cried as soon as you put him down. He wanted to be held all of the time. I called him my high needs baby. Fisher didn't cry at all. I don't know what I would have done if both the twins had been high needs babies. I had to just let Forest cry on occasion. If they are clean and dry, and their tummy is full, do ehat you have to do. Put them in a safe place and let them cry it out. Good luck...it's not the easiest thing in the world to do, I know. It goes against all of our motherly instincts, but if you want to get the dishes and laundry and the dusting, etc done, sometimes you have to let them cry.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Pammy welcome back. It looks like you got lots of great advice on the baby book. I say defiantly start with prego stage and encourage her to take pics even if she feels fat. I only took ONE pic and it was just sitting on a couch eating.

I did not want to know the sex of my baby, but ex did. I planned a Disney nursery so it would cover the sex boy or girl. So during our only ultra sound we argued in front of the tec. The tech said “I’m 99% sure it’s a girl.” We left and my ex said “what did he say.” The one that insisted on knowing did not understand the techs thick Italian accent. Plus the mid wife during my labor said “oh yeah it’s a girl with this heart beat.” Needless to say my son gave all of us the surprise I wanted.

Some asked about our wedding date. We were supposed to have gotten married on the 5th of this month, but we started having more wants and people interested in attending at a time when we had a lot less money. Now I guess we’re putting it off one year.

I only had issues with my son sleeping. As a baby he would cry in his crib. He slept in the bouncy seat or swing ONLY. Then he fought naps as a toddler.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Connie, I just got the rub ons today! Thank you so much, I will put them to good use!

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex

Amy i have your goodies here waiting on a trip to the post office i will get my butt there tomorrow.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to xAlysonex

Take your time, Alison. I know that getting to the post office, for me, is real 007 stuff! LOL!

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes

We took the kids to the lake today, it is finally summer here. So hopefully I will have 3 sleepy kids tonight. The baby slept the whole time, so I guess she doesn't count!
I had to know the sex of all my kids, couldn't stand the wait. And I had guessed them all right except for my first one. I was so sure she was a boy. But she is now a huge tomboy, so maybe I was a little right!
Amy, did you have any idea you were carrying twins?

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 07-28-09 03:09 PM

hello all

yes let them cry its actually good for them helps to build up lung muscle--haha!

there is some info out there that if you let them cry for I think 10 min straight then go talk to them let them know you are there--they say it has to do with them knowing they are not alone--or something like that.

I did want to know what I was having again just to plan ahead.

MelindaK
Governor
MelindaK

I didn't find out with either of my girls. I didn't want to know, I enjoyed looking forward to the surprise. The one funny (but really not funny) thing that happened with my pregnancies - you know how when you are pregnant, everyone likes to tell you their horror stories? Well with my first, someone told me about someone they knew where the cord got wrapped around the baby's neck, and the baby was born dead. So of course, I stressed about this non-stop. No cord around her neck. With the second, the doctor refused to give me pain killers, and wouldn't tell me why. (I was not a nice person during that delivery). Kelsie was born blue. They would not give me pain killers because they were afraid it would slow the delivery down, because the cord was around her neck and they need her to be born fast. So not really funny at all, but kind of a weird thing...

I want to thank you all for leaving such nice comments on Kelsie and Nate's lo. I bought a 12x12 frame for it today, and he took it home with him, and is so excited to give it to his mom tomorrow. He is the nicest kid...

Oh, and I keep forgetting to tell you my happy news! I will be skinny again soon! DH has started training me in mixed martial arts...

craftysprinkles
Queen
craftysprinkles
In response to MelindaK

Mel - You crack me up. When you say mixed, what forms is he going to teach you. I don't know how to spell it, but if I had a choice I would pick Moy Tai and Jujitsu.

I have been roasting for the past couple of days here. It's been 104 and will be again tomorrow. It's gross out. I hate it.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Ginny, there is a really funny story behind me finding out that I was expecting twins. At that time, I was working Labor & Delivery. I thought that it would be cool to play with the ultrasound machine to see what I could see. We had no patients that Saturday afternoon, so I thought I'd "play". I went in, put the probe on my tummy and thought "man, that looks like 2 heartbeats". Then it really sank in that it WAS 2 heartbeats. I nearly fell off the table. My doctor was not on call that weekend, but his partner, who is really a sweet man, was on call. He happens to be really good with an ultrasound machine. So the next morning while he was making his rounds, I asked if he would confirm or alleviate my fears of the 2 heartbeats. So we went in and he looked and said that there were in fact 3 heartbeats!!!!Then he laughed after he nearly gave me a heart attack and told me there were indeed only 2. I was still as white as a ghost! My mother-in-law thought that I was playing a cruel joke on her and she refused to talk to me for 2 weeks!!

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 07-28-09 09:12 PM

haha amy--I see that alot when we tell people they are expecting twins---also funny for us but not them is when we get a patient in who has an IUD in place and is pregnant--they turn alot of colors!

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex
In response to zrock

Good morning, im so excited im off to pick up my new camera yay happy dance cant wait bbl

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to xAlysonex

Good morning, ladies.

Michelle, I agree with everyone else about letting the little ones cry it out. As long as you know they're safe and not crying because they're in pain, a few tears won't kill them. It is hard to hear it -- both because it breaks your heart and because of the sheer sound of the shrill! I used to pop in every 10 mins or so just to let them know I hadn't left for good.

Mel - martial arts . . . Good for you! I'm to lazy for that. It's all I can do to go for my daily walk and make an effort to use the stairs!

Amy, your ultrasound story is priceless! That'll be a great story to tell your kids when they're older!

It's another humid day here. I won't complain (too much anyway) because July has been unseasonably cool and rainy. These last couple of humid days are kind of making up for it. As long as I have my AC and my pool, I'm fine with it!

Got a busy day today. Taking my younger dd to the dermatologist for her 3 month checkup -- she had a cyst removed (ugh, from the tip of her nose -- talk about a middle school crisis!). It's healed nicely, but she has to be very vigilant with the sunscreen. It's a good thing she's my anal child -- will do exactly what she's supposed to do no matter how tired she is. My older dd would just blow it off and "deal" with the repurcusions later! Then I have to go visit my mother -- older dd will be driving there! She's getting much better. She drove us to the mall on Sat. a.m. We went early before the roads got too busy with drivers.

Well, have a good one and stay cool!

charlottemd
Diva
charlottemd
In response to provinca

Anna, was the syst bad? Maddy had a dirmoid syst on her eyebrow she had to get removed when she was 2. They said these systs can have anything in them.. Fat, fluid, teeth, hair, ect.. There was only fatty tissue in hers though.

Mel, Martial arts... HMMM.... I don't think im strong enough to martial arts. hehe.. I am just going to stick with walking around the park and then I am going to the Diet DR on the sixth. YIPEE!!!

Amy, that is so funny. I love ultra sounds.. there is something Great about seeing the heart beat and seeing them move that makes you feel better.

Alison have fun picking up your new camra.. I love my camra. lol

Everything is calm here today. I only have one child here other than my two.. so today should be easy peesy. Maddy goes to get fitted for her Cheer uniform tomorrow. :0)

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes

Hello all!
Love the ultrasound stories! It is going to be another hot day here, just keep that AC cranking!
Have fun with your new camera Alison, I love getting new toys. Tomorrow is my oldest dd last day of summer school, so we get a month break before school starts up again. She will be sad though, she loves school! Can't believe she will be starting 1st grade soon, time flies!

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

Great ultrasound story, Amy

I did some tai-chi that's as close to martial arts things, I've done.

My son is allergect to tree nuts. Basically it's every nut out there except peanuts.

I working at letting my baby cry, not easy.

I feel bad Stacey, that you were soppose get married this month. Well, on the bright side you can save more money and gives you more time to plan.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Zandra, I had a patient that wanted me to guarantee her that she couldn't get pregnant while she had an IUD in place! I told her that I couldn't give her that guarantee, if she wanted to be 100% sure not to have any more children that abstinence was the only sure way! She was 26 years old, 1st baby, single, and was a drug addict. It's sad, really.

Alison, have fun with your new camera!

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh

Good morning ladies. I've enjoyed reading the baby stories. Kind of makes me want another one. lol
I don't have any good stories to add......except that, with my second one, the ultrasound tech had told me it was a girl early on. I was fine with that. Then, later in the pregnancy, during another ultrasound, he said "yep, it's still a boy!". I was like, WHAT??? I thought it was a GIRL!!!!! He just said, oh, sorry. Maybe it is a girl. GOOD GRIEF. Had yet another ultrasound and confirmed she was a girl. lol

Did any of you have any of your kids premature? My first was born at 29 weeks. That was the scariest time of my LIFE!!!!!!!

MelindaK
Governor
MelindaK

Congrats on the new camera, Alison!

It says it will be 85 here today, but it is already 82, and NJ is an extremely humid state, so it always feels hotter. We have not run our air yet this year, we are trying to keep expenses down, so I've been roasting, too!

Mandy, dh was a Wing Chun instructor for years, so that is the main foundation. He was awesome, when he was younger (and still is). He was the school's "fighter", when other schools challenged, it was him that they had to fight, and I think I mentioned before, he went to one of the major competitions, and was the East Coast Champ. (has a HUGE trophy), but didn't go to the national comp. because it conflicted with his college exams. He is also teaching me some Moy Tai (I don't know how to spell it either), and one other type, which I forget. No Jujitsu, unfortunately, but that is my favorite to watch!

Prob won't be around much more today, it's going to be a bad day with the older dd, but I'll stop in when I can...

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to MelindaK

Connie, my oldest daughter was born slightly premature. She was born at 35 weeks. I had toxiemia really badly. She was jaundiced and had to stay in the hospital after I was discharged...that almost killed me, to go home empty handed. I had a horrible labor and delivery experience with her! She was not engaged into my pelvis, so I had to push to push her into my pelvis and then push to deliver her. I pushed for over 3 hours! I felt like my eyes were going to pop out of my head! Oddly enough, my twins were born at a little over 37 weeks and weighed 6# 5 oz and 6# 13oz!

Mel, you are such a trooper! No AC running! I think I might die! Alabama is extremely humid and we have had temps over 100 degrees. Lately, though, it has been really mild. It's been raining all week. I don't mind it either...it's good scrapbooking weather!

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex

Both my boys didn't want to come 1st came 5 days late 2nd 10 days late. I was only in hospital for 15mins before my 1st was born he was so easy i didn't even know i was in labour. My 2nd i was bleeding bad & had to have 2 transfusions & stay in for a week. I think this is why DH isn't in a hurry for anymore kids.

I went into town today to send some happy mail, we were caught in a down pour so i was wet through trying to write address on envelopes etc, when i looked up my 4yr old was gone. I don't think i have ever been so scared. I told my 7yr old to stay in the PO while i looked for him, I went outside & he was no where to be seen. He had wandered out into the rain & off up the road an old woman had saw him & took him into a tunnel around the corner to stay out of the rain while she called the police. I feel so lucky, the town centre wasn't busy with the rain keeping people away. I would never have found them in the crowds.

I couldn't imagine what it must be like to lose a child but it happens so often, I dread to think what could have happened if someone less kind had found him 1st. He is my darling angel & we have such a close bond. I think this is to do with how hard my labour was. My 7yr old is a gorgeous boy too but we have little bond if any at all. I think this makes his problems harder to deal with for me too.

Ok im off this is turning into an essay lol. Amy your happy mail is on its way. & Booo i have to go pick up camera from a different store tomorrow because it was out of stock. *sigh*

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to xAlysonex

Alison, I know that feeling of loosing sight of your child. When my oldest son was 3, we went to buy groceries and he followed my husband to get one last item. When my husband returned, Hunter was not with him! I panicked! He had found an associate in the store and told her that his dad was lost! LOL!

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to xAlysonex

Allison that must of been so scarey. I couldn't imagine. Sorry about your camera.

Amy, I know what it's like to leave the hospital without your baby. My first son was my problem pregnancy and problem birth and he is the one with all the little health problems(none thank god are major). He wasn't descending down. So after hours of horrible labor they finally did a c section. At 1 1/2 days old the pediatrician came in and said they need to transfer him to a different hospital because he threw up green bile and needed to be in the nicu. So I was release early so I could go see him. He was there for a week. He was born full term but I always get asked was he born premature.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

That is so funny, Amy

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh

Ya, I know that feeling too. Oldest dd was in the NICU for 7 weeks before she came home.

I have also "lost" her in a store but didn't even realize it. (I'm embarrassed to say). We had all gone to the store, dh went around the corner to find something and Lindsey said she was going to go with him. He didn't know he was supposed to be keeping an eye on her. I just thought she was with him. She had gotten lost, a store employee found her crying hysterically and paged overhead for the parents of "Lindsey". THAT was when I discovered she was lost. She still won't go back in that store, almost like she thinks it was the store's fault she got lost. lol

Alison I'm so glad your scary story had a happy ending.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Hello from the water park. Wekre really trying 2 get our monies worth. I brought my pagemap binder and pics plus I picked up floss in town so I'm braiding poolside for some scrap pages.

Amy love the story. My FMIL was told there was two heart beats and like an airhead she cried and asked what was wrong with he baby if it had 2 hearts.

Rough day alison a wonderer and no camera. I can't wait to see new pics from u.

Ginny ur so lucky 2 have a little one that likes school.

Mel hope alls going well. I bet u almost can't wait 2 get back 2 work. I can only imagine the energy you'll spar your hubby with. That'll be good 4 u.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Stacey, that cracks me up!!!!! LOL! Two hearts!!

Pamelalynne
Guru
Pamelalynne
In response to MelindaK

ALISON, i am so sorry you had to go through that! I couldn't imagian my son getting lost or tooken, but I am sooo glad he's okay.

Amy, oh my gosh, that is so funny about the ultrasound story!!! made me laugh out loud!

Stacey, man, it must me citrus county men! Seriously, my ex sounds like your ex.

I didn't want to know the sex of my baby but my es was totally whinning the whole dang week saying "I wanna know, I wanna know!" Finally when he was whinning none stop and telling the nurses how it was so unfair that I was doing this to him, I felt guilty and gave in. My ex thought I was going to have a girl, but the way I ate...I knew it was a boy..and I was right!

So, since we are on pregnancy topics...how did all of your labors go, and do you all have any "MY WATER BROKE" stories to tell?

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

My second two pregnancies were great pregnancies. I didn't have any trouble with either of them or with the labor. I had a great pregnancy with my twins too...I worked 12 hour shifts in Labor & Delivery and on Post Partum until I was 32 weeks. I had a scheduled C-Section at 37 weeks with them. While on the table, my doctor looked over the little curtain and asked me if I still wanted my tubes tied!?! I told him to cut, tie, burn, or take it all out if he wanted to. I told him that if I had any more babies, he and I were going to have a Come to Jesus meeting! He laughed at me. I told him that it was no joking matter. I didn't want to have a litter the next time, lol!

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh

Nope, my labor and delivery stories are both very boring. My first was delivered by c-section, and because of the way they had cut my innards my dr. said it would be a very bad idea to ever go into labor. SO, for the second one, a c-section was scheduled 2 weeks before she was due. I've had 2 babies and have never experienced a contraction. lol. My sister says that's not fair at all. lol

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to mom2lfh

All of my pregnancies have been fairly easy, my first labor was very long and I pushed for almost 3 hours. I felt like I had been hit by a truck afterward! The rest go fairly quick once they break my water.
Yes Connie, that is so not fair never feeling a contraction!!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to mom2lfh

You tell 'em Amy. Mine was smooth and quick. I say that now. My son was born in an Italan hospital so when in Rome I did it like the Romans all natural no pain meds (which is an American privellage there), so I got the respect of the mid wives, nurses, and my fellow moms. By the time the translator helped me get through the intake I was in full labor. And when you scream at the top of your lungs "What the hell was that" it translates pretty easy. My son crowned and I didn't know what it was but it felt weird. So I yelled that and a lot of staff came running. Also they make you walk after the crowning to the delvivery room, but they provide a sheet to hold between your legs. So when I see these wonderful private labor, delivery, and recovery rooms with the fancy wheely contraption called what a gurny I think the birth process in America would be way cooler. Another American privellage was having my husband in the delivery room, but he couldn't be there in the pre delivery room!

craftysprinkles
Queen
craftysprinkles

All my pregnanices were good except I always had to take iron suppliments or I felt like passing out if I stood for too long. My labors were fairly easy.. My oldest was 11 hours, then each of the others were 4 1/2 hours or less. I have done all natural to fully loaded with the constant flow of medicine through an epideral. I always think it's funny how moms who have never given birth always say they wouldn't want drugs so that they can remember the experience... YA RIGHT!!! I went into a friggin trance and have a hard time recalling my natural labors. With the drugs I remember the details very well and I wasn't exhausted as much so I enjoyed my time with the baby more.

Edited by craftysprinkles on 07-29-09 03:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

charlottemd
Diva
charlottemd

Ok, I just deleted a whole paragraph. ugh

I have very fast labor and so when I had my DD it only took 2 1/2 hours start to finish. I am going through labor and I finally decide that labor sucks and that I want an epideral. The dr comes in checks me im only like 2 centemeters. So he goes in gives me the epideral which was aweful. I was having contractions the whole time I was getting it and then it never took affect I may add. When I layed down they never checked me again... 10 Min later I am buzzing the nurse cause I think I have to take a crap.. ok.. the nurse comes in and is like NOOOoo... you don't have to use the bathroom.. I am getting upset. I told her I am 21 years old and I know how to take a crap!! She continues to tell me that is just the babys head coming under the pelvic bone. I am like nooo. and she is like let me look. Soo OK, you can look.. what does she see, but Madison crowning.
She has be do a test push and I do. then she is like don't do that agian, but you know when you start pushing your body does it all by its self... the dr made it there in just enough time to catch and sew me up

He was like " im going to tell all my patients about you today, that is the fastest labor I have ever seen". I went from 2-10 while I got the epideral and pushed two times.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Charolette did your mother have fast births. Amy and Zandra could that be genetic? My mom was so fast my dad didn't even get the car park.

Mandy love how you went both ways and the one with pain relief brought the best memories. That shows you what a trance our minds can put our bodies into. Like a natural pain killer. That's why I think my labor was so easy because I did go all natural and my mind blocked out the bad parts. My ex says i cursed him. I think he watched too many movies and comedians.

Back to the water park again for another day of sun and fun. Gotta love the summer. I almost can't wait for the kids to go back to their other parents so I can scrap book. Yikes did I say that out loud?

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes

Stacey, we all love spending time with our kids, but we also need our "me" time as well.
I am taking my 2 oldest girls to see the play Rapunzel today.

Pamelalynne
Guru
Pamelalynne

wow ladies...you had fast labors! not me ladies. I went through27 HOURS of labor. And 17 hours of that labor I did it WITHOUT ANY DRUGS I was having brackson hicks the whole weekend when finally on monday, I couldn't take it no more and went to the hospital. I had to go walking around the hospital and I went back to my room and went to the bathroom. I got hooked up, and I was like "I need to go to the bathroom again" my mother and I were arguing becasuse she told me to go in the bed. I was like "ma, i am 19 years old, a person who is actually awake does not pee in their bed!" but I really had to go and I accidently went. I looked, and it was clear, so I said to my mom "I think my water just broke" and the nurse did a test and was like "yes, your water did break."

So I was in pain the whole time after that. Finally after 17 hours, I asked for demmerial. It made me sleep, but they gave me to little of it. I had it again 4 hours later, and this time they gave me to much of it, making me throw up. finally I had an eppidural. My new nurse told my parents and ex to go get some breakfast and everyone left. My new nurse didn't come check on me and I puked on myself and sat there in bed for 10 minutes before she checked. no one gave me the buzzer. I almost choked on my own puke.

Finally the doctor came in and broke my water again and saw that nathan pooped inside of me again. Then Nathan's hearbeat went down very low and I was preped for an emergancy c-section. I was totally out of it and telling everyone I loved them (to many drugs in my system) and do not remember going to the emergancy c-section room. the only thing that made me wake up was when I heard nathan cry. I made sure to stay awake to hear he's okay.

The reason why he wouldn't come out, is because his embillicord was wrapped around his head 3 times, around his neck 2 times and around his arm 1 time. The doctor said he would have never came out natually. After that, I slept for 18 hours straight. Everyone got to hold my son before I got to see him!!!

charlottemd
Diva
charlottemd

Hi everyone, I am hosting a great fun swap. I sent out a lot of invites and forgot who all I sent them too so if you didn't get an invite you are TOTALLY invited. Here is the link.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15113...

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

Good labor stories everyone. Had fun reading.

Well I kind a told what happened to my 1st son after labor earlier. That birth I had some water leakage around 2 am started with pains around 4:30 am and went to the hospital at 7 am the nurse said my water didn't break but something kept trickling out. Anyways they induced me I got an epidurel. There was no way I was going to do this without drugs. Around 5 pm they had me start to push and now the drugs were wearing off and he wasn't descending. It wasn't until 8:30 pm till they decided I needed to get a c section. I don't think I'll ever forget the pain and usually I can handle pain. Also, will never forget the nurse she wasn't nice at all. Also, to add the doctor that delivered my son wasn't one of my favorites from the group of doctors I went to.

My second one was a planned c section. Loved it. Remember by John Lennon was being played. Doctor was joking around. Hubby actually was looking over the curtain to watch -YUCK. I did get pretty sick to my stomach after and gave they my drug for that which made me sleep and sleep. If I ever do it again I'm doing another planned csection.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

wow 3 in our small group with umbilical wraps??? is it common?

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 07-30-09 06:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

provinca
Governor
provinca

Good morning, ladies.

Allison, I'm so sorry you went through that scare with your son. I can't even imagine how you must have felt.

That's weird that 3 of you all had the umbilical cord scenario.

I almost feel guilty telling you my labor stories b/c they were so easy. With my first, I only pushed for 1/2 hour. I went into the hospital at 6ish (a.m) and had her at 11:32 a.m. But during the time I was there, I was having pains, but nothing really bad. I did get a bit dehydrated, but really, it was nothing. When I started pushing, the nurses told the dr. who was checking in with other moms on the floor, and he said he'd be right along. Well, he made it in just as dd was making her appearance. It was super quick.

With my second . . . drum roll please . . . THREE pushes and she was out! My dr. told me that if I decided to have another, I should probably just hang out in the hospital b/c I would deliver so quickly. With her, I made my older dd and dh dinner at 5:30 and then told dh I thought it was time. They finished eating (I insisted); on the way to the hospital we dropped dd off at my mom's (15 mins away), and then I delivered her at 6;58 p.m. When I was at the hosp. I told then nurses that I went natural with the first one -- been there; done that -- and I wanted drugs for this one. They said okay; they'd be right back to check things out. One of them came back in, checked me out, and said "sorry, this baby's coming real quick. No time for drugs". dr. wasn't there (again) and showed up just for the 3 pushes.

When I hear stories of 20+ hours of labor, I just can't imagine it! Don't get me wrong, the pain was intense while I was having them, but it just didn't go on for long! I'm VERY THANKFUL for that!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

Well...Mel...????

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

My baby girl had a double nuchal (cord wraped around the neck twice). My oldest son had a single nuchal. It is really pretty common.

Stacey, I don't about genetics as far as quick labors. I do know that taller women tend to have an easier delivery. Their pelvis is usually a little larger. I am only 5' 4" untall. My labors were pretty long and drawn out. I only pushed 1& 1/2 times with my third before she made her grand appearance into this world. Everyone had gone to lunch, because we thought it would still be a good while before delivery. My Dr said, "I wish they were all that easy". I said if they were all that easy, I might have 10. Of course, I was only kidding! It still hurt like crazy! I had an epidural with all of my babies, the first one really didn't work...I felt EVERYTHING! I had a really good epidural with my oldest son...I didn't feel a thing! He was my biggest baby at 9# 1oz and 20 & 3/4" long!

craftysprinkles
Queen
craftysprinkles

I am just glad I am done having babies now lol.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

You and me both, Mandy! My 5 keep me busy!

craftysprinkles
Queen
craftysprinkles

Amy - I know are houses are packed full right.

Pammy - By the way I am glad that everything turned out ok. I would have crashed out too after all of that emotional and physical stress.

I hear a lot of stories about the cord getting wrapped around the baby's necks all too often. It used to be one of my fears during pregnancies.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Mandy, do you always have an extra 2 or 3 kids at your house that don't belong to you? The kids have friends over that call me their "other mother".

provinca
Governor
provinca

LOL Amy. I told 2 of my daughters friends just yesterday that I was going to start claiming them on my tax return!

craftysprinkles
Queen
craftysprinkles
In response to provinca

LoL... We are out in the country so we don't get too many kiddos just showing up, but I know that they seem to love to come over when they get the chance.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

I remember living on the military base and after my 3 year olds nap I'd open the garage door and the neighborhood kids would pour over. I opened it a little later than ussual one day and the two mom's across the street applauded because they knew they would have a little freedom.

When the mover's boxed up our quaters, they asked if I ran a daycare. I thought about it but didn't. I had my son's art all over the wall. Big toys in the garage with a full wooden train set. Plus I had the alphabet up and eveerything with lables. I should have known then I'd go into teaching.

We now live in a kinda retirement community and we have kids here a lot because we have a vacant lot next door that makes a great football field, but with an only child there are not enough kids over in my mind.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

We live in the middle of a very small town. Hunter has 4 friends that are always at our house. Briana has LOTS of friends that come and go. Brittany has 3 little girls that are always visiting her. The twins are almost 5, they keep themselves occupied with the big kids' friends.

Anna, that would be great to claim some of these kids on my tax returns...especially the boys! They all eat sooooooooo much!

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes

Oh Amy, I am already seeing my grocery bill go way up. And the baby doesn't even eat food yet! My older 3 eat a lot, esp. my son. Sometimes we just stare in amazment at the dinner table watching him eat and eat and eat! My dh is almost 6'8 and he is going to be big like his daddy, his height is already almost off growth charts.
Hope everyone has a happy Friday!

provinca
Governor
provinca

Morning ladies! Happy Friday all! Although my dh tells me everyday is Friday for me since I don't have to work!!

I'm so far behind today. Its almost 9:30 and I'm just getting my coffee. DH had to go to work early today, so I got up at 4 with him to make his coffee and pack his lunch. Then I got comfy on the couch and fell back asleep until 8 ish. finally mustered up enough energy to get into the shower. Now it's grocery shopping time!

Believe it or not, grocery shopping is like a challenge every week. Okay, here's where you all think you've let a real fruitcake into your group! My goal every week is to see if I can "out save" my prior trip. I'm a real sale and coupon shopper, and I buy pretty much only what is on sale and what I have a coupon for -- except, of course, the milk, bread, and other necessities. My all time record is $150 savings in one trip. I remember that milestone so explicitly. My grocery bill was $294 and after sales/in-store coupons and manufacturer's coupons, it came to $144! I was so high I could have skipped all the way home!! Much like I do with my kids' school work, I hung my grocery receipt on the fridge with my savings circled!! Yeah, people who saw it thought I was nuts!

I haven't come too close to that in a while -- I'm at $120-ish these days.

Well, I guess I better go browse the ciculars and put my list together. Younger DD is having friends over to swim in a few hours and I have to be here for that! Ahh, the ever revolving door of the house with the pool during a hot and humid spell! The neighborhood kids were in there until late last night until the mosquitos began getting at their faces!

Have a good day all.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to provinca

Wow Anna, that's a great thing. I get excited when I save like about $50. Do you shop at all different stores or just stick to one? I used to go to different stores, but now with the kids I try to buy a lot from BJ's wharehouse so less to buy at the grocery store and usually go to just one store. I have to go this week grocery shopping. I usually go about every 2 weeks maybe if needed stop inbetween for a couple things.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics