Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: What do you regret buying the most?        (Topic#1506805)
Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

It has been a while since this subject came up...What do you regret buying the most?

For me I would have to say the Instant Setter. A crop-a-dile is a BILLION times easier to use.

past threads on this subject
What Scrapbooking Tool Did You Waste Money On?

Things you know you shouldn't have purchased because you don't use them at all or rarely

What are your worst purchases?

WORST

Waste of money and must haves!!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Probably my Revolution, but I bought it just before I bought my Cricut. It was on sale so I didn't spend a lot on it and it's small enough to easily bring to crops, so it's not a big regret!

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 06-07-09 03:43 PM

All the ugly paper I have bought lol. Probably followed by the fastenator. Its just so hard to get them where you want them.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

My Sizzix alphabets sets. Five sets...like brand new. Sitting on a shelf in my closet collecting dust. Over $400 wasted. I wish I would have known about the Cricut before I sunk so much money into my Sizzix stuff. I still use the sizzlits and shapes...but the alphas are such a waste. Oh well..live and learn

Grumpy Girl
Mayor
Grumpy Girl
In response to DittoBabyGirl

All of my DCWV stacks, I never use them, not sure what I was thinking! Next garage sell at my LSS I am going to try and sell them off!

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie
In response to Grumpy Girl

I would have to say my fastenator. I ended up selling in on ebay.

Cindy M
Pro
Cindy M
In response to momtokatie

Send *ME* all your unwanted scrappy goodness! I tried thinking about the one thing that I've purchased that I'm sorry about and I really can't think of anything. I pretty much use everything I've bought so far. I do try and read reviews and such before hand. There are some things that I don't use as much as others, but... nothing that I'm sorry I bought.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Cindy M

I'd have to say my light table for embossing with stencils, I ended up RAKing it to Vivian. I hope she and her crop customers will get good use of it.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Cindy M

Thickers,,,especially alphas,,,

thank goodness I didnt' spend much on them,,,they're just not my thing, and i don't see the big deal,,,,,,though I did like the chit chat shapes the best,,,

and I thank GOODNESS I didn't buy the fuzzy red ones that look like they'd only work with an Elmo LO,,,

scrappymom5
Idol
scrappymom5
In response to CommaHolly

I would have to say my Sizzix. I only use maybe once in a great while.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to scrappymom5

I'm with another poster; so far I use and enjoy all my goodies. However, I am grateful that I only bought ONE pair of decorative scissors instead of the pack of ten I originally wanted. One is all I need and only every now and then.

I've invested in several packages of grungeboard. I love them but suspect I'll need a break from them soon and even then I'll still use them. IE; I used a few as stencils to get cute letters for a LO. I wanted to spell out Thanksgiving but wanted a pattern in the letters. Who needs a 400 dollar Cricut when you can use left overs for free?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to MommaSaid

cricuts aren't 400.00 is why I've saved TONS with my 155.00 cricut I never buy alphas anymore, I just make them whatever size I want on my cricut with whatever scraps of pp I have laying around

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

Interesting. Here, at least whenever I look/not on sale, they are 400. Someone somewhere has them for less now, but I still don't see the need. Then again, I also don't have the space.

mollydog
Veteran
mollydog
In response to scrappymom5

I would say my cuddlebug alpha dyes. Never use them. I am getting into embossing and hopefully will use my bigkick.

mollydog
Veteran
mollydog
In response to mollydog

I use my cricut but somes I like to use thickers or stickers.

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia
In response to mollydog

I would say alot of pp that I bought at Joann's on sale at 5 or 6 sheets for $1.....and a couple of DCWV stacks.....the Posie one and a cardstock one. I don't and haven't used most of the pp and since I started used AC Cardstock, I no longer like the DCWV cardstock.

I'll keep it though for my grandson....he likes to come in and "scrapbook" with me on ocassion...LOL!!! I have also given some to his daycare teachers....they love the donations!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Patti Sylvia

I think I'm having a seizure, did someone say they regretted THICKERS??? man, I just bought 12 packs (alphas and shapes) from *** when they had a major sale. If you don't know that site, she sells a different product every day for a really good price, though I think the s hipping gets a bit much because its $4.99 PER ITEM.

I'm getting a Cricut on Wed and I can't wait! my bf's sister works at AC Moore, and when it was on sale for $319, she picked it up for me and also got another 20% off for her employee discount!

for me, I'd have to say the fastenator and the tag maker. I'm not sure I've *ever* used the tag maker, though I have used the fastenator, though i often mess up the staples.
Products Referenced in This Post:

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Tina scraps

The old EK success circle cutter (I think that was the one - the green/purple one). It's horrid and terribly hard to use.

I don't use my Sizzix nearly as much now that I have a Silhouette, but I did get some good use out of it for the years it was my only die cutter...probably not my money's worth though. Although I am still keeping it around to cut chipboard with.

Tons of "pretty" (as in "pretty ugly") pp. I have most of a slab left and various other packs. I still like paper packs, but I'm more selective now.

Oh, and FIBER! I can't tell you how many fiber swaps I used to do. I have an entire drawer of it and just can't find the uses for it anymore. Especially now that ribbon has replaced it as the "it" thing.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Tina scraps

• Tina scraps Said:
I think I'm having a seizure, did someone say they regretted THICKERS??? .

you heard correctly,,,,,,dont care for them, lol,,,,I know everyone thinks I have lost my mind and should go out and find it,,,,,,shrugs,,,,,but I just do NOT care for them,,,,

they're better than some alpha's, I will grant you that,,,,but they STILL only come with TWO B's!!!!!

although, I did enjoy the poolside font for a mini book cover I was making,,,,

shrugs, lol,,,

vetmom
vetmom 
Veteran
vetmom

Fiskars oval cutter-I never used it. I couldn't figure it out and now I have a cricut so I no longer need it.

KristiL
Veteran
KristiL
In response to vetmom

1) Fiskars shape cutter
2) Anything to do with Coluzzle
3) A boatload of stickers
4) Decorative scissors

I've spent less than $100 on the items above so I don't feel too guilty about it....

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to vetmom

My Fastenator and that BG Notch die thingie. I can't even remember what it's actually called, but I NEVER used it:(

Lydgranger
Resident
Lydgranger
In response to vetmom

I agree about the Fiskar oval cutter -hard to use but I like the shape cutter and the circle cutter but haven't used them as much since I got the Cricut

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to Lydgranger

For me it would be

BG magnetic mat

Perfect Layers

Fastenator

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 06-07-09 08:53 PM

Edited by naf on 06-07-09 08:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 06-07-09 08:54 PM

• Grumpy Girl Said:
All of my DCWV stacks, I never use them, not sure what I was thinking! Next garage sell at my LSS I am going to try and sell them off!

toni in the midst
Resident
toni in the midst
In response to vetmom

No regrets. I don't make major purchases. No Cricut. Not even a crop-a-dile. I did buy the Precision magnetic mat for $25 and was "sure" I would make great use out of it. Yeah, well.
I do use it.
Sometimes.
When the spirit moves me.
And I'm too tired to resist.

Edited by toni in the midst on 06-07-09 09:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CATsAngel
Resident
CATsAngel
In response to vetmom

the thing I regret the most is the 40 dollar "scrapbooking starter kit" there is a ton of paper and dies I will probably NEVER use.

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to KristiL

• KristiL Said:
1) Fiskars shape cutter
2) Anything to do with Coluzzle
3) A boatload of stickers
4) Decorative scissors

I've spent less than $100 on the items above so I don't feel too guilty about it....

ditto, also going to add fugly pp

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Scrappin Kitty

I bought a little packet of poems on velum, a bunch of different themes. It was pot luck cuz all you could see was the top one which was cute....TWELVE BUCKS later I get them home and read them and they all suck...a first grader could have made up better stuff.
Sometimes I think EVERYTHING is to friggin' expensive since most of it is just PAPER...I bring home a bag with 30 bucks worth of stuff and look through it...maybe a paper stack and some pps and some stickers and flowers......for $30!!!!!...doesn't stop me though.
Still shoppin'

itsyscrapper
Expert
itsyscrapper

Post Bound Albums. It's so hard to get LOs in and out and rearranged. Plus, they don't hold many LOs if you make thick pages. I'm in the process of changing everything over to 3-ring albums. Much easier.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to vetmom

I would have to say, all the decorative edge scissors that were just so cute i had to get them and I can't seem to cut a straight line so I never use them. haha! Thank goodness they dont cost hardly anything but they are taking up space. I may donate them somewhere that does crafts with kids.

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to vetmom

Fiskars shape cutter, ended up putting them in a goodie box, LOL.

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps
In response to vetmom

I bought one of those shape cutters. Yuck. I got the finger knives instead. LOVE THEM!!!

Oh, and alphabet punches... I used them a couple of times but really wasn't thrilled with the outcome. Put those into a round robin swap.

Edited by jenbustillo on 06-08-09 03:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 06-08-09 03:22 AM
In response to vetmom

The Cricut Expression, was my big dollar regret I just didn't like it. Sold it on e-bay. Love my Silouette though!

The other thing I bought and wish I hadn't is the Curvy cutter circle thing. I still use my CM over those!

iammaryburke
Expert
iammaryburke
In response to KimKV

I bought a grommet setter that is very difficult to use. It's easier to just poke them through and push the little thingies down by hand.

I also purchased a tag maker that I have only used once...

The only bonus is that I work at a LSS with a very good discount, so I didn't spend so much.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to itsyscrapper

• itsyscrapper Said:
Post Bound Albums. It's so hard to get LOs in and out and rearranged. Plus, they don't hold many LOs if you make thick pages. I'm in the process of changing everything over to 3-ring albums. Much easier.

Really? I only buy post-bound albums and I fit 40 to 60 LO's with a grunge board obsession in there. I'm curious, how many LO's are you fitting in?

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to MommaSaid

Decorative scissors - I donated them all

Fastenator

The little sewing machine by Provo Craft

The Page in Progress box with the little magnets to hold stuff in place until you can pick up where you left off. I thought I'd use it for crops. Nope. I can't bring myself to let it go yet, though.

The over abundance of stickers

A couple of cheap post bound albums from J's. I'll stick with my Creative Memories ones, thanks. Much better quality and I found three at a yard sale for only $10 each.

The title-topia from Creative Memories. Never used it.

Some templates. I love others, but I have a few I've never used.

A few of the DCWV stacks. I really like some of them, but others don't get enough use.

Can you tell I have a bit of a shopping addiction? LOL

Oh, and someone said they regret their Sizzix alphas. I don't. I have several sets and still use them on occasion. Then again, I didn't pay full price for any of them. For example, I got three sets for $50 at a crop.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to siameseplease

hmm ... I have probably spent way too much on a lot of things I hardly use!!

a) my Cricut. I just don't really use it, use Thickers instead, much better.

b) packs of pp, like DCWV. I got them all on sale but I never use them! I don't have many though.

c) clear stamps. Just not into them and I bought a TON of them.

Back in the day, I bought a lot of really cartoony die-cuts ... never use them however, dd will enjoy them one day!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to naf

1. DCWV stacks & lots of other pp
2. Stickers, stickers and more stickesr
3. Decorative Scissors
4. $40 8000 pc scrapbook kits from HSN/QVC...all of it is ugly and I haven't used any of it!
5. MM Tag Maker
6. All 5 sets of Pebbles Chalk (only need 1 or 2).
7. Storage solutions that weren't a solution
8. Stencils

I love using post-bound albums...I don't find it difficult to add posts and my pages are 90% lumpy and they work just fine!

I am a crazy compulsive shopper...and I make many mistakes b/c of it. I am doing better now, though, only buying 1 of an item to try before buying every one of them!

ghall
ghall 
Diva
ghall
  • ghall on 06-08-09 05:39 AM
In response to peenut_23

I don't have any high dollar items, like a Cricut, but there are small things I had to have that I never use. A French Curve set, lots of decorative scissors, several sets of chipboard letters that are too big, several idea books (styles keep changing) & tons of pp that I can't see EVER using! And, I agree about post-bound albums! I will never buy another one!

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to ghall

The fastenator. I think I used it once. Just once. Anybody want one?!!!

luv2scrap:)
Guru
luv2scrap:)
In response to HollyD

It's funny to see what other people's regrets are...someone said Basic Grey magnetic cutting mat, and that is one of my all-time favorite purchases....we all have our preferences.
My regrets would be:
Fastenator
Big Xyron(love my little x)
Wooden stamp alphabets

There are a few more things that I don't really use enough to justify the purchase, but do pull out occasionally so it's not a total loss
Instant eyelet setter
Foam stamps
Magnetic stamp set
Page in progress box
Silhouette(determined to do better at using this!)
PP stacks(have bought way too much)

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

interesting to see a few Cricuts listed here.

I think the things that fry me the most are the items I paid full retail $$$ for like a Fiskars 3 type corner punch.
I don't know what got into me "I just HAD to have it". I don't think I used it more than 3 times if even that.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie

Hmmm... there've been so many for me. But, hands down, topping my list would have to be the EK Success Fastenator.

I also regret the purchase of the Crop-A-Dile. I never understood all the hype about it. It ruined more stuff than it set properly and I hated the fact that you couldn't set anything unless it was on the edge of the LO.

And the Heidi Swapp wing rub-ons! Grrrrr... they flat out ruined my wedding album! Most aggravating rub ons I've ever worked with. Doesn't surprise me to see that the superstore has them on clearance. They should give them away for free WITH a coupon for 50% off your next purchase!

itsyscrapper
Expert
itsyscrapper
In response to MommaSaid

• MommaSaid Said:
  • itsyscrapper Said:

Really? I only buy post-bound albums and I fit 40 to 60 LO's with a grunge board obsession in there. I'm curious, how many LO's are you fitting in?

At the most, I can only fit 40 LOs (20 page protectors). Even using post extensions and spacers, the LOs don't lay flat and the spine of the album keeps falling out. Plus, I have to plan the order of the album in advance, otherwise trying to add LOs to the middle of the album is a pain in the neck.

itsyscrapper
Expert
itsyscrapper
In response to retrojulie

• retrojulie Said:
Hmmm... there've been so many for me. But, hands down, topping my list would have to be the EK Success Fastenator.

I also regret the purchase of the Crop-A-Dile. I never understood all the hype about it. It ruined more stuff than it set properly and I hated the fact that you couldn't set anything unless it was on the edge of the LO.

And the Heidi Swapp wing rub-ons! Grrrrr... they flat out ruined my wedding album! Most aggravating rub ons I've ever worked with. Doesn't surprise me to see that the superstore has them on clearance. They should give them away for free WITH a coupon for 50% off your next purchase!

I purchased the Heidi Swapp rub on clocks and ruined one of my Christmas LOs. I'm sorry about your wedding album.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

• itsyscrapper Said:
  • MommaSaid Said:
  • itsyscrapper Said:

At the most, I can only fit 40 LOs (20 page protectors). Even using post extensions and spacers, the LOs don't lay flat and the spine of the album keeps falling out. Plus, I have to plan the order of the album in advance, otherwise trying to add LOs to the middle of the album is a pain in the neck.

Well now I'm curious! Off to view your gallery!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to StarsNSparkles

Stephanie, I thought your comment about storage solutions that weren't a solution was so funny! I hope you were able to use them in another area of your house.

Joakima
Mayor
Joakima
In response to vetmom

This is a hard one. I think mine would be the scrap cube. It cost me $60 and sits in the corner of my room. It would be hard to give away or sell bc I colored my name with glitter. Unless anyone knows another scrapper by the name of Joakima. hehe

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to Joakima

Put me down for a fastenator. I won it at a crop, so no biggie, but I have never used it on a layout. When I got it, I was like "Huh? Its a mini stapler!"

For purchases I have never used, I would say an Anna Griffin album kit. It was a good deal so I got it, but its totally not my style. I may give it away as a gift though.

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_
In response to vetmom

i use dcwv stacks a lot, in addition to many other papers, but the slabs....i barely touched. they were the ones 3 or 4 times the size of the textured glittered dcwv ones i normally get and on sale for only $10, but i barely touched them. i think i have 2 and ended up giving the paper away as needed. the eyelet hammer setter one was pretty bad. i'm so happy i got a scrapartus setter which i love. so much easier to use.

scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread
In response to vetmom

EK Success Circle Scissors. Tried using it but was never "Success"ful. Sitting on my shelf waiting to be given away.

ghall
ghall 
Diva
ghall
  • ghall on 06-08-09 10:05 AM
In response to scrapnread

I find it interesting how many people have said the Fastenator. Glad I never wanted one! I never saw the fascination of stapling. I guess I should add to my previous list all of the transparent overlays I've bought. I've used one or two in the past, but I have LOTS!

grammykimmy
Expert
grammykimmy
In response to ghall

I thought the fastenator would be a cute way to add some ribbon attached to a diffent type of brad (staple). I found it very hard to line up and have only used it a few times. The other item would be my tag maker, hardly used that too.

Scrapin4Joy
New Kid On the Block
Scrapin4Joy
In response to DittoBabyGirl

There is a website http://crafts.webstore.com where you can sell all your used stamp supplies & they don't charge any fees so you get all the money to invest in supplies you will use. Your trash might be someone else's treasure.

ASiverson
Expert
ASiverson
In response to vetmom

My Scrapartus by Karen Foster (cute, and works good,but I just never use it), and ATB tagger. Seemed like good ideas at the time but now these 2 products just languish in my studio. All I could find on sb.com were the small dies that came with the Scraparatus.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to ASiverson

I'd say the papers from my "scrapbooking starter kit" although I am trying to incorporate them into my layouts a little at a time, so it's not a total loss. A couple of punches in shapes I never use and the 5 million circle cutting systems before I found the Curvy Cutter round out the list. Ditto on the storage solutions that were no solution at all.

Jill, you can send those clear stamps my way. Love them!

sew_crafty_girl
Expert
sew_crafty_girl

The basic grey notch tool.

New Kid On the Block

I wish I had invested in a better trimmer. I bought the cheapest 12 inch trimmer I could and its complete ********.

I bought too many stickers in the beginning. Everyone kept having sales and I just wasn't well organized and opps!

I bought a friskers circle cutter and don't care for it. Its not that easy to use and I'm too nervous to cut a photo with it. Thankfully I got an awesome deal on it on clearance.

I also bought a corner punch and don't use it nearly enough for what I paid for it. Its too girly for a lot of my layouts and it just doesn't do as good of a job as I had hoped.

lstory 
Mayor
In response to Ashley_Ann

Oh, there's the Big Bite still in its packaging (I never use eyelets), the heating tool and the four jars of embossing stuff never touched, the giant brick of die cuts I keep forgetting I own, the Fiskars cutting system used only once, the decorative scissors that can't even cut plain paper without ripping, never mind cardstock. One of those 3-in-1 or 4-in-1 Fiskars corner punches, none of which choices I actually like (what was I thinking?). The Sizzix embossing plates never used. The Dymo label maker never used (needs batteries). I have a very bad habit of buying stuff because I've heard about it or it looks like something I might need, never mind that I don't have the slightest idea what to do with it once I get it home. Some of it I'll get to eventually (embossing), the rest is waiting for a good home...
Lisa

milliscraps
Resident
milliscraps

• itsyscrapper Said:
  • MommaSaid Said:
  • itsyscrapper Said:

SO what kind of albums do you recomend? cause I'm having the same problem with them laying flat.

scoot297
Idol
scoot297
In response to milliscraps

• milliscraps Said:
  • itsyscrapper Said:
  • MommaSaid Said:
  • itsyscrapper Said:

SO what kind of albums do you recomend? cause I'm having the same problem with them laying flat.

I like the D ring albums. I feel the same way about the post bound albums. And trying to get the spacers put in is an event in itself!

Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 06-08-09 02:43 PM
In response to scoot297

I don't think I've ever bought anything that I don't use or think was a waste. I'm very picky about what I buy. The only thing that I've bought and don't use as much as I should is my Cricut Expression. But I surely don't regret buying it. I love to have it there "just in case"

ghall
ghall 
Diva
ghall
  • ghall on 06-08-09 03:24 PM
In response to scoot297

[quote=scoot297][quote=mi lliscraps][quote=itsyscra pper][quote=MommaSaid][qu ote=itsyscrapper]Post Bound Albums. It's so hard to get LOs in and out and rearranged. Plus, they don't hold many LOs if you make thick pages. I'm in the process of changing everything over to 3-ring albums. Much easier.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I like the D ring albums. I feel the same way about the post bound albums. And trying to get the spacers put in is an event in itself!

[/quote]
I agree. D-ring, or at least, some kind of ring binders. SO much easier!

itsyscrapper
Expert
itsyscrapper
In response to milliscraps

• milliscraps Said:
  • itsyscrapper Said:
  • MommaSaid Said:
  • itsyscrapper Said:

I like the cloth covered D ring albums by American Crafts.

Castle Scrapper
Diva
Castle Scrapper

I can't think of a single thing I regret except for a lot of stickers. I have a stack full that I'm going to donate to a teacher friend for her class.

• itsyscrapper Said:

I have some post bound albums with 100 layouts in them. You have to keep adding extenders to make it lay flat. I put spacers in between the thicker pages and the books lay flat. I started with 3 ring albums, but I sometimes like to make 2 page layouts that flow together and with the 3 ring there is a big space in between the 2 pages.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Castle Scrapper

• Castle Scrapper Said:
I can't think of a single thing I regret except for a lot of stickers. I have a stack full that I'm going to donate to a teacher friend for her class.

• itsyscrapper Said:

I have some post bound albums with 100 layouts in them. You have to keep adding extenders to make it lay flat. I put spacers in between the thicker pages and the books lay flat. I started with 3 ring albums, but I sometimes like to make 2 page layouts that flow together and with the 3 ring there is a big space in between the 2 pages.

Woohoo! I was starting to feel like the only post-bound person in the thread!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to johnsusan8

• johnsusan8 Said:
Stephanie, I thought your comment about storage solutions that weren't a solution was so funny! I hope you were able to use them in another area of your house.

So far...no, I have no idea how I could use them anywhere else yet! I'm definitely going to think of how I want to organize more carefully before buying things in the future. Right now, just a big fat waste of money!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to MommaSaid

• MommaSaid Said:
  • Castle Scrapper Said:

• itsyscrapper Said:

Your not Susan, I like my post-bound albums, it is all I have used and do use. Not to say I won't ever change, but right now, they work for me, I add extenders (DH helps) and I do bulky pages, and I don't have a problem! The goal is to get more extenders than pages, so your books lay flat! I have 4 I'm filling up right now and 4 waiting to be used.

KristiL
Veteran
KristiL

• Aunt Stet-z Said:
  • MommaSaid Said:
  • Castle Scrapper Said:

• itsyscrapper Said:

Your not Susan, I like my post-bound albums, it is all I have used and do use. Not to say I won't ever change, but right now, they work for me, I add extenders (DH helps) and I do bulky pages, and I don't have a problem! The goal is to get more extenders than pages, so your books lay flat! I have 4 I'm filling up right now and 4 waiting to be used.

Another vote for post-bound! I have no problems with my 70+ LO books laying flat. I've replaced all the tiny post extenders with larger ones that are an inch or more long. With plenty of spacers, I'm able to get these huge (and somewhat lumpy!) books to lay flat. I also like the way that it helps to make 2-page LOs flow better in the book.....

itsyscrapper
Expert
itsyscrapper
In response to Castle Scrapper

• Castle Scrapper Said:

• itsyscrapper Said:

Almost all of my LOs are 2-pagers, and I agree that they look better in a post bound, but adding all those extenders and spacers is such a pain. That's why I like D rings. The less complicated something is, the better it is for me. LOL!

Anyway, everyone has their own preferences, you gotta find what works for you and your style.

Post bound albums are my regret, though, because I've spent money on them and now either thrown them away or given them to friends.

grammykimmy
Expert
grammykimmy

I like the D rings better because it is so much easier to insert pages when you need to.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to grammykimmy

I haven't tried the D rings yet, but some of you ladies have sold me on them, lol

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 06-09-09 12:07 PM

I thought I would like D rings better but after a while they don't close tightly and my pages all fall out which is more frustrating to me than thaking the extra time to insert spacers and work with posts.

KristiL
Veteran
KristiL
In response to j3Mel

I also don't trust the strap-hinge solution....especially the problems many people are having keeping the adhesive to stay in place. My worry is that when I'm long gone, that adhesive will be too! I don't see that as presenting a problem with the metal posts. I like knowing that my scrapbook will still be in one piece years from now!

wimpygirl
Veteran
wimpygirl

I bought several Sterlite 12X12 drawers to use for paper storage and like the verical croppers hopper system much better. I can find the color paper much quicker and also bought alpha's in lot of colors that don't use. Love my Expression!! The last thing I bought was a BG magnetic mat and so far I love it.

New Kid On the Block
In response to KristiL

Add another vote for post mounts! I have an album with 110 layouts in it and while you need to occasionally adjust the spine to make it easier to turn the pages while looking thru it the pages do lay pretty flat. I think it might be better to buy the longer posts sold seperately that to try to put a 4 or 5 short ones together just to make it easier to add more page protectors or reorganize but I haven't tried them myself.

I haven't tried other options but I'm pretty happy what I have so I probably won't.

Edited by Ashley_Ann on 06-09-09 08:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tarynne Wise
Diva
Tarynne Wise

I got a Scraparatas off of HSN about 2 years ago, and hated it after the first time I tried to use it. It went back in it's box and has remained there ever since. Glad I bought the extra dies too, lol.

Edited by Auntie T on 06-09-09 09:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CBisme
CBisme 
Resident
CBisme
In response to Tarynne Wise

Gobs of flat stickers!!! Ugh!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to CBisme

Just HAD to have a Cropadile. I use it to punch holes in the dog's collar, my leather belts, etc.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres
In response to dwelch

Another vote for patterned paper slabs/stacks.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to dwelch

Thing I regret buying the most is all the stickers I bought when I first started.

As far as the type of album discussion that is going on. I have only used post for scrapping and they are my preference.

itsyscrapper
Expert
itsyscrapper
In response to CBisme

• CBisme Said:
Gobs of flat stickers!!! Ugh!

I'll take any flat stickers you don't want!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

Suggestion - if you feel you have too many flat stickers, put baby powder on the back to "unsticky" them, stickle them, and then mount them with foam adhesive.

Crazydiamond
Diva
Crazydiamond

This is a funny thread!

I have always used post-bound in the past, so I don't regret buying them, but I have one D-ring book which I LOVE! I like that you can add any size layout.

Its funny that several people don't use their cricut. I personally am I glad i never bought one because I would rarely use it. I am a huge thickers fan!!!

My biggest regret is that I buy too much stuff and don't scrapbook fast enough to use it up! I have too much paper especially!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

• johnsusan8 Said:
Suggestion - if you feel you have too many flat stickers, put baby powder on the back to "unsticky" them, stickle them, and then mount them with foam adhesive.

Awesome idea Susan, I will have to keep that in mind!

New Kid On the Block

one vote for the LePlumeII markers. i was going to use the brush tip for stamping, but they dont really stamp out a clear imagine and i find my ZIG writers writes much smoother then this does.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to rice attack

• rice attack Said:
one vote for the LePlumeII markers. i was going to use the brush tip for stamping, but they dont really stamp out a clear imagine and i find my ZIG writers writes much smoother then this does.

I love my Le Plume II markers, but I haven't used them for stamping...I use them in my sil to draw, they fit perfectly by themselves and there are so many colors! I also use them for drawing, doodling, writing, etc...the colors are vibrant and there are so many choices!

lauracrop
Expert
lauracrop
In response to dollscrap

The Creative Memories Crop-It Ovals and Circles. I've tried numerous times to try to cut with these and have always had a hard time cutting them out smoothly.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to lauracrop

• lauracrop Said:
The Creative Memories Crop-It Ovals and Circles. I've tried numerous times to try to cut with these and have always had a hard time cutting them out smoothly.

Is the "Crop-It" the same as cutting system?
cause my success using the Creative Memories cutting system DRAMICALLY improved once I got a glass mat.

Products Referenced in This Post:

Cydney
Cydney 
Resident
Cydney
In response to dollscrap

All those stickers I used to buy!! And I'll still find myself buying stickers sometimes and I'll try to put them on a page and then I take them off because I just can't love them!

mollydog
Veteran
mollydog
In response to CBisme

beads for bling would love to rid of them along with some buttons

Edited by mollydog on 06-12-09 05:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Reeluvs2crop
Veteran
Reeluvs2crop

I would have to say my Wishblade! the pink one!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to mollydog

• mollydog Said:
beads for bling would love to rid of them along with some buttons

OMG, I LOVE BUTTONS, lol,,,,,

I just spent 10 bucks on 2 bags of fancy ones tonight,,,,,,

and I buy regular ones alllllllllllllll the time!!!! love love LOVE buttons!!!!!!!!!!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

Big fan of buttons here too!!!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to melissadam

what kind do you like the best, Michelle? I lovvvvvvvvve fancy pearlized ones and vintage inspired ones!!!! But bright colord plastic ones are wonderful for my gc's LO's too!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

I looooove the polka dot ones the most .......but I will take ANY button.......I save them off of my clothes & everything......cause I wouldn't SEW a button to save my life!LOL........when I was a kid my grandma had a tin FULL of buttons & I would pass up the toys to sort buttons!LOL

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to melissadam

omg, was your grandma, MY grandma?? Same here!!!!!!!!

retrospect
Veteran
retrospect

• itsyscrapper Said:

ME TOOO! Just finished my sons... got 2 of his scrapbooks into ONE! SO happy!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics