Username Post: chipboard album help!        (Topic#1508265)
New Kid On the Block

Hi! I just love the look of the chipboard albums, it seems that you could be really creative. But I was wondering about how do you protect the photos since there is no page protector? I can just see people looking at the album and pointing to this or that in the photo as they get fingerprints all over them! Am I just crazy!? I was also thinking of making one for my mom and I know she would not be able to enjoy it because of that! But they look so adorable as opposed to just a regular scrapbook. So, do you protect your photos somehow???? Any suggestions woulld be great! Thanks!

Liza

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to MakawaoMOMof5

Mod Podge.

It's a wonderful thing. You can use it as glue for the paper/embellishments/phot os to adhere onto the chipboard/paperbag albums and then use it as a protective coating as well.

That being said, I don't use it for coating (except for altered projects)... I only use it to adhere stuff these types of albums. But you can buy it in Matte or Gloss finish and as long as you're careful with your brush strokes (use a foam brush), you'll never notice that it was applied.

mizzblue
Guru
mizzblue
In response to MakawaoMOMof5

yep-Modge Podge....they have it in matte or glossy-take your coupon to Joann's or Michaels

New Kid On the Block
In response to mizzblue

ok, wow, never would have thought of modge podge! Thanks so much!

liza

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics