Page 2 of 4 
Username Post: July *Use It Or Lose It Challenge!* (Done!)        (Topic#1508699)
Angelica
Queen
Angelica
In response to KellyCali

acu

happyDiane
Mayor
happyDiane
In response to Angelica

Oh it just breaks my heart to do this...but I must pull out of this challenge. I just don't have anything to list!
I have a lot of NIP stuff, but I only found 3 items here. I get most of mine on clearance or at discount places.
I know that you all will have fun.
Kelly, I will keep my eyes open for other challenges that you might host!

kjginga
Expert
kjginga
In response to KellyCali

Had a bad day at the car shop - I went to what I thought was simply rotating and balancing my tires, only to be told that I needed 2 new ones. So, I went ahead and got them. Was pretty bummed out when I returned home, so I decided to start my LO. Two and a half hours later, I'm like a brand new woman hehehe!

Got the picture matted, stitching on and the border on the title bar punched. It's all coming together!

Thanks!

Kathy :-)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to kjginga

Thanks for checking in ladies!

Here's Hoping That Everyone Had A Fun & Festive
4th of July!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to happyDiane

• happyDiane Said:
Oh it just breaks my heart to do this...but I must pull out of this challenge. I just don't have anything to list!
I have a lot of NIP stuff, but I only found 3 items here. I get most of mine on clearance or at discount places.

Aww Diane. (I completely do understand!)

In both our cases, that part has proved to be a little more challenging than the overall challenge itself!

I'll be sure to bring this Challenge back. Perhaps next month, we can all play again, but instead of using solely Superstore items, we can mix & match and or dig more into our own stash of items (which can't always be found everywhere else).

Note: Next month, players can take a pic of their 5, versus adding each of them from the Store. We can always alternate that part, not a problem!

p.s. Also, sure thing Diane! Come August, you can be sure, that I'll be sure to have another Challenge or 2!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

jfyi - Being that this Challenge was added a little later than I usually announce a Challenge...I'm already planning on relisting or 'officially announcing' the Challenge, come Monday/tomorrow morn!

With that in mind, hopefully, we'll be able to muster up a few more players!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to kjginga

• kjginga Said:
Had a bad day at the car shop - I went to what I thought was simply rotating and balancing my tires, only to be told that I needed 2 new ones. So, I went ahead and got them. Was pretty bummed out when I returned home, so I decided to start my LO. Two and a half hours later, I'm like a brand new woman hehehe!

Got the picture matted, stitching on and the border on the title bar punched. It's all coming together!

Thanks!

So glad to hear that your really bad day, ended up with some sunshine thrown in by the end of it!

Happy Scrappin Kathy!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Good Morning All!

Happy Monday!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

And GoodNight Ladies!

(Stayed up extra late tonight to send out the post this morning).

On that note, here's to hoping that we end up with a few new faces and or dedicated future fans of this particular Challenge!

In the meantime, Have A Great Day All!

Off to bed, I go...

Zzz...

Angelica
Queen
Angelica
In response to KellyCali

jci

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to Angelica

jci! I'm working on a 2 pager and just about used up the rest of my rubon stitches! Guess I better get going on some of my other items too! I did a 2 pager yesterday on Florida pics but didn't use a single jolee sticker I picked out! Guess I'll have to scrap more vacation pics too!

taeklund
Governor
taeklund
In response to taeklund

I will use both butterflies, at least 1/4 of the stars paper lace, at least 2 titles using the chipboard letters (they may be altered in some form using paint or ink), I will create at least 2 layouts using the circle stencil, and I will create a layout using the overlay!

taeklund
Governor
taeklund
In response to senora_x

Ok, I used the circle template, one of the butterflies, and the letters in the title. I am working on another one with the other butterfly and the circle template

Bloom By Taeklund

Edited by taeklund on 07-06-09 11:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to KellyCali

Count me in. I will look and see what I want to use out of my stash and get back to you. Is that OK?

taeklund
Governor
taeklund
In response to MeliMedina

yeah Mel! Excited to have you here!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to senora_x

• senora_x Said:
I did a 2 pager yesterday on Florida pics but didn't use a single jolee sticker I picked out! Guess I'll have to scrap more vacation pics too!

Exactly how I scrap in general.

I'll sit down intending to use something specific, follow a design or follow a theme...

...only to quickly discover that I'll go the complete 180 opposite once I get into it and or inspiration takes over!

It's a battle against having a gameplan & just winging it & making whatever your heart happens to desire to put out there as you go!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Great Job Anne!...Yay!

Going right now to add, leave some love & also to update your supply list!

Way To Go & Keep Up All The Fantastic Work Ladies!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to MeliMedina

• MelissaW Said:
Count me in. I will look and see what I want to use out of my stash and get back to you. Is that OK?

Welcome Melissa!! Sure thing!

Thanks for choosing to play with us!

See Ya Soon!

MelindaK
Governor
MelindaK
In response to KellyCali

2 lo's done today so far, and about to start another, woohoo!

Here is the one I got done for this challenge, I used up the promised 3 pieces of Grungeboard, and the Bazzill border...

American Girl By MelindaK

kjginga
Expert
kjginga
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
  • happyDiane Said:

Aww Diane. (I completely do understand!)

In both our cases, that part has proved to be a little more challenging than the overall challenge itself!

I'll be sure to bring this Challenge back. Perhaps next month, we can all play again, but instead of using solely Superstore items, we can mix & match and or dig more into our own stash of items (which can't always be found everywhere else).

Note: Next month, players can take a pic of their 5, versus adding each of them from the Store. We can always alternate that part, not a problem!

p.s. Also, sure thing Diane! Come August, you can be sure, that I'll be sure to have another Challenge or 2!

Oh, I like that, I'll probably join in that one too!

Thanks!

kjginga
Expert
kjginga
In response to MelindaK

• MelindaK Said:
2 lo's done today so far, and about to start another, woohoo!

Here is the one I got done for this challenge, I used up the promised 3 pieces of Grungeboard, and the Bazzill border...

American Girl By MelindaK

This is beautiful.....I left a comment for you.

Wow, 2 LOs in one day, I'm jealous :-). I do good to do 2 LOs in 2 months (no joking, I'm a BIG procrastinator!). But I must admit, this Challenge has me progressing pretty good. Maybe I should sign up for more of them!

kjginga
Expert
kjginga
In response to senora_x

• senora_x Said:
Molly Ann By Senora_x

I used 4 of the straight lines from the rubons. Still have several of the curly ones left to use though!

This is so sweet.....I left a comment for you.

kjginga
Expert
kjginga
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
  • kjginga Said:

Thanks!

So glad to hear that your really bad day, ended up with some sunshine thrown in by the end of it!

Happy Scrappin Kathy!

Thanks so much, amazing what a few hours of scrapbooking can do!

kjginga
Expert
kjginga
In response to Angelica

• Angelica Said:
Here is one of mine

Pose By Angelica

Very pretty.....I left a comment for you.

kjginga
Expert
kjginga
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
10. Anne (taeklund) (3/5)

- I will use both butterflies, at least 1/4 of the stars paper lace, at least 2 titles using the chipboard letters (they may be altered in some form using paint or ink), I will create at least 2 layouts using the circle stencil, and I will create a layout using the overlay!

Bloom By Taeklund

So pretty.....I left a comment for you.

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to kjginga

acu! I like the idea of taking a pic of supplies for next month! That would motivate me to use up my old, old supplies that I've been "saving!"

MelindaK
Governor
MelindaK
In response to kjginga

• kjginga Said:
  • MelindaK Said:

This is beautiful.....I left a comment for you.

Wow, 2 LOs in one day, I'm jealous :-). I do good to do 2 LOs in 2 months (no joking, I'm a BIG procrastinator!). But I must admit, this Challenge has me progressing pretty good. Maybe I should sign up for more of them!

Thank you! The challenges do motivate me, but I am doing a marathon right now, because dh is away on a business trip for a few days. I usually don't like to take the time away from him to scrap so much, but my kids are 16 and 18, and never here, and he is not here, so what else do I have to do, lol.

Angelica
Queen
Angelica
In response to MelindaK

I've been working on a lo for this challenge 3 DAYS now!! I keep getting interupted...lol!!

kaye222
Governor
kaye222
In response to Angelica

Im so far behind!

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to kaye222

Fly
By Senora_x

Here's a layout using more of those stitching rubons. I used two of the 12 inch curly stitching and then cut and pieced together the stitching around the journaling block out of the smaller stitching designs. I only have one more 12 inch stitching design left and I will have used the entire package! Woohoo!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to senora_x

I need this challenge--have so many things I have rarely or never used--off to list them right now.

The mask I've never used, obviously the flowers I haven't used, the stamp set it's been a long time, and I still haven't used the punch on a lo. I could have added a lot more, but these are a priority for me for now.

So, here I go!

Thanks for the challenge.

Edited by scrapperbee on 07-07-09 03:31 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Angelica
Queen
Angelica
In response to scrapperbee

Okay, finally done....use the gold prima flower here

Always a Princess
By Angelica
Products Referenced in This Post:

MelindaK
Governor
MelindaK
In response to Angelica

I will get acu in the morning, I have to get up for work in 4 1/2 hours so I need to get to bed, but wanted to drop this one off..

Untitled By MelindaK

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to MelindaK

Okay, ladies, I have a big request. I went to use my Ideology masks--and they're gone! I have hunted through every stack and folder hunting for them. The package is there, but no masks--and I have never even used them. Trust me, if I find them, I will use them. But could I substitute the pink and white flourishes?

Thanks--I really want to do this challenge!

Edited by scrapperbee on 07-08-09 05:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Hi Bev & A Big Welcome!

Thanks for joining us!

We're glad to have you here!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

p.s. I've added your list of items, along with your most recent updated item. If & when you find the clocks, I can always be sure to re-update it for you, as needed...(Not a problem!)

In the meantime, Happy Scrapping!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Ladies, Way To GO!!

You're So Rocking It!

Way To Start Digging In and Opening Up Those Long-Forgotten Supplies!

Looks Good, Looks Great!

On that note, just wanted to let you know that everyone's recent LO's are each on page 1.

JCI right now, but I'll be back later today to leave love and make any other updates as they come!

In the meanwhile, Keep On, Keeping On!

Remember You Can Do This!!

Disclaimer - Once you start, you just might not be able to stop!

Angelica
Queen
Angelica
In response to KellyCali

jci!!!

MelindaK
Governor
MelindaK
In response to Angelica

ACU!

taeklund
Governor
taeklund
In response to MelindaK

hoping to work on my layouts today! will you the circle stensil, the overlay, the other butterfly, and the star papers on these two layouts! heck if i throw in one of the titles with the letters I could be done! hmmmm...let's see what I can do!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to taeklund

Thanks! But, to let you know, I'm going to be out of town all next week; but I'm planning to do lots of scrapping the last two weeks of the month!

MelindaK
Governor
MelindaK

Only 1 item left to go...

Together By MelindaK

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to MelindaK

Here's my lo with the prima vine--didn't think I'd ever use it, doesn't fit my style or my pics; but I made it happen, thanks to this challenge!

April Roses
By Scrapperbee

senora_x
Angel
senora_x

Here's one! I used the gator from my jolee's stickers.

Please Don't Feed the Gators By Senora_x

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to senora_x

Adding everyone's newest creations!

Looks like everyone has been busy scrapping today!

I Love it!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Yes, I can just hear everyone cracking open all those unused packages & products!

Feels good, am I right!

Woo-Hoo!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Alrighty.

ACU!

p.s. BTW - I've been done for at least 3 days now. It's way past time to empty off my camera and start posting!...(When I do, I'll be sure to post a new one daily, 1 at a time!)

TTYS! Keep Up The Great Work Ladies!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to KellyCali

ACU--finished my threading water punch lo, just need to scan and upload.

taeklund
Governor
taeklund

Alright I am done! one of my layouts is for the round robin challenge so I cannot post it until Sunday but here is the other using the letters and the star paper lace!

American Girls By Taeklund

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to taeklund

hi! May I join? this sounds like a great challenge to finally motivate me to start scrapping again. But, I'm going to have to look long and hard at the superstore for my products; I can barely remember what I have anymore! Let me know if this is still open, thanks!

Angelica
Queen
Angelica
In response to Lilgem

ACU!! I totally love this challenge!!! You girls are doing such an awesome job!!

kaye222
Governor
kaye222
In response to KellyCali

working on mine today.....
i have stuff that is soooo old that i cant even find it on here?
now thats old!

kyttikate
Guru
kyttikate
In response to kaye222

This is so great for me because I have tons of stuff that i intend to use but never get around to it. I would love to join you but will have to make my list when I get back in from the beach this afternoon!! I am excited!!!

MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 07-09-09 01:43 PM
In response to KellyCali

I'd love to join in. I won't be adding my layouts until the last week of the month because I will be out of town until then. Just me & dd staying at SIL's for a week of pooltime and scrapping, yay!
I want to use 2 of the pins, at least one of the chipboard pieces (if I don't use this, I'll throw in a sheet for the winner). Can't wait!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to MoniL

Here's my lo for my threading water punch.

And, I found my time mask--in a stack of paper??!!?? Don't worry about changing anything--but I do plan on completing a lo with them and will share it here.

First Plane Ride
By Scrapperbee

Edited by scrapperbee on 07-09-09 01:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to KellyCali

I'm checking in and reading. Totally spaced. off to add this 'topic' to my sig.

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to carbphrek

Here's my list: it was hard, I break open my pkgs and dump them in color themed bins. Could I say pick out 5 asst. buttons/brads/milk caps?

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to carbphrek

Hi Stacey...Great list!

(I've added it all to pg. 1 for you).

By the way, this should be good!

Anything extra is completely up to you!

On that note, Good Luck!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

mms

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to KellyCali

well, I did use some of my tim holtz masks today. just not the ones I picked for this challenge though! Oh well! Here's my layout for sharing!

Celebrate 4th of July
By Senora_x

kyttikate
Guru
kyttikate
In response to senora_x

here is my list

Angelica
Queen
Angelica
In response to kyttikate

acu

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to kyttikate

• kyttikate Said:
here is my list

Hi Kate.

Just wanted to let ya know that your list isn't here.

However, next time you stop through, I can still be sure to add it!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

In additon to Kate, I just wanted to say Welcome lilgem & MoniL!

So Glad To Have All You Ladies Play Along!

Have Fun!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to kaye222

• kaye222 Said:
working on mine today.....
i have stuff that is soooo old that i cant even find it on here?
now thats old!

I hear ya Lisa...I think the majority of us had this same issue.

It's amazing how quickly products come & go!

Just all the more inspiration for us to use em up!

p.s. As mentioned on the board this past week, for all interested, after this one, next month we're gonna mix it up & try and use up our older supplies & or include a picture of those items we own that may NOT be in the scrapbook store! HTH!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Thanks Ladies not only for just checking in, but also for those that are able to leave everyone some love!

Just wanted to say, that I appreciate your time & kindness!

Everyone Have A Good Weekend!

Catch Ya On The Board!

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to KellyCali

Checking in and cu. I finished one page today using some patriotic stuff. I'll upload tomorrow, hopefully the sun will be out long enough for me to get a decent photo.

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to KellyCali

Here's one page using the Red banner paper & the star lace paper.

Fireworks By Carbphrek

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to carbphrek

Here's my lo with the pink flourishes--worked perfect with mil's pic!

Mother's Day 09
By Scrapperbee

Angelica
Queen
Angelica

acu

kaye222
Governor
kaye222
In response to Angelica

here is my first one!
I won these flowers but i couldnt figure out what to do with them?
until....ta da!
TFL!
Sunshine By Kaye222

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to kaye222

I finally used my fancy pants kraft kuts today! still have to use my compass mask and glitter transparency! I'm waiting on Taeklund to post her transparency layout to get some inspiration!

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to senora_x

Here are two layouts I did using my fancy pants diecuts. Also used up some more scrap rubon stitches on the beeutiful layout!

Be Yourself
By Senora_x

Bee-utiful
By Senora_x

Edited by senora_x on 07-11-09 05:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to senora_x

more beautiful lo's today!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

jci & mms.

_courtney_
Diva
_courtney_
In response to KellyCali

Does it have to be from the superstore? Some of things I want to use aren't in the store. Must be old.

MelindaK
Governor
MelindaK
In response to _courtney_

jci/acu

kjginga
Expert
kjginga
In response to KellyCali

Ok, what can I say.....I'm slow, but wanted to give an update on my LO. I cut out the title letters and year last night. Still have to use my Signo pen and journaling tag, and I'll be finished!

Thanks!

Angelica
Queen
Angelica
In response to kjginga

I used the whole pp

Intense
By Angelica

Angelica
Queen
Angelica
In response to _courtney_

acu

MelindaK
Governor
MelindaK
In response to Angelica

acu

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to MelindaK

Finished another one today, I'm loving this challenge. It really is pulling me along.

Childhood By Carbphrek
uses the CC stickers

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to carbphrek

acu--going to be out of town this week, so no scrapping or checking in until I get back

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

newest LO's updated to pg. 1.

Beautiful Job Ladies!

Have A Nice Time & We'll see ya when you get back Bev!

taeklund
Governor
taeklund
In response to KellyCali

This one I used some of the basic grey chipboard...painted it and stickled it for the words "at the"

Fun at the Fourth By Taeklund

I used 4 out of my 5 products on this layout! The prima butterfly, the circle stencil, the overlay, and the basic grey letters.

Love By Taeklund

I used some of the red paper lace and the chipboard letters on this one.

Boomers By Taeklund

And lastly, I used some of the blue paper lace and the chipboard letters on this one! I have now used all 5 of my products!

Daddy By Taeklund

kaye222
Governor
kaye222
In response to taeklund

here is one from me....used 2 on this lo
I used the journaling in november, but there are so many more and the green papers i forgot i even had! been using other greens but not the bazzill? see how DISorganized i am?
Hope this fits?

Tranquility By Kaye222

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to taeklund

• taeklund Said:
I have now used all 5 of my products!

And Look At You Go Anne! = DONE!

Wow!...You Rocked It & Hit The Challenge Out Of The Park!

(Love how you ended up using the overlay!)

I'm so proud of how many LO's you were able to accomplish!

That's Really Awesome!!

Here's Hoping You Had Fun Every Step Of The Way!

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to KellyCali

Page using the Prima flowers

Junior year By Carbphrek

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to kaye222

Ooo, very pretty LO's both Lisa & Stacey!

Loving the pretty greens that both of you used!!

Adding em both!

p.s. Lisa, I wasn't able to picture link for your LO, so I went ahead and added the line link back to your completed LO.

MelindaK
Governor
MelindaK
In response to KellyCali

JCI, Acu.

Hopefully I will have time tomorrow to start working on the lo with my final item.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to MelindaK

Hi Mel.

Thanks & Hope To See Ya Then!

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to KellyCali

Here's the last item to use: Sassafras Lass cards - used one as a journal box.
Happy Mail By Carbphrek

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to carbphrek

Stacey!...Yay!!

Congrats!

Those all turned out Really Great!

Thanks So Much For Playing!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Updating as we speak...

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to KellyCali

jci! I need to get going and use my last few items!

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments
In response to senora_x

too late to join in? If i can find stuff I have to link I just might join. Have to rummage through and see first

MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 07-14-09 03:27 PM
In response to SplendidMoments

jci.
I'm packing my scrappin' 'kits' tonight, now that I have my layouts all planned out. I'll actually be scrappin next week while on vacation - sooo cannot wait.
Gotta stop and leave some gallery love for all the awesome pages you ladies have been making!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to MoniL

Hi senora & Hi Moni!

Thanks For Checking In Ladies!

Glad to hear all is well & that you'll soon have time to get in some scrappin!

Keep Care & We'll See Ya Again Soon!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to SplendidMoments

• scrapriguez Said:
too late to join in? If i can find stuff I have to link I just might join. Have to rummage through and see first

Sure thing Karen!

Not a problem!

There's still room & we'd love to have you join in!

I'll save you a spot on our list. Just let us know what & if you find anything!

In the meantime, Happy Hunting!

MelindaK
Governor
MelindaK
In response to MoniL

ACU, didn't start on mine today, actually started on a different one, which I should finish tomorrow and then can start on this one. Been putting it off because it's journaling intensive.

Page 2 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics