Page 1 of 8 
Username Post: SLICE LOVERS        (Topic#1508871)
Coco Chanel
Veteran
Coco Chanel

Raise your hand if you have the Slice
Raise your hand if you loooove your Slice
Raise your hand if you want to share ideas, comments and emotions about this little great die cut machine!

MEEEEEE!

Products Referenced in This Post:

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to Coco Chanel

Me too!

mimi4neeyah
Resident
mimi4neeyah
In response to RockStar

Add me also to this group. I just love my Slice

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 07-02-09 04:00 AM
In response to mimi4neeyah

I Love this little thing!!

BTW, I sent Meagan a PM and asked if we can get a forum for the Slice. You know like the ones for Cricut, Wishblade and so on!!

Princess Kitty
Veteran
Princess Kitty
In response to KimKV

I'm putting my hand up!

I have a birthday coming up in September - fingers crossed I will get one, I'm starting to drop hints to hubby about getting one.

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara

• Coco Chanel Said:
Raise your hand if you have the Slice
Raise your hand if you loooove your Slice
Raise your hand if you want to share ideas, comments and emotions about this little great die cut machine!

MEEEEEE!

I would raise three hands if I could, LOL! I LOOOOve my Slice and would love to be part of this group!

What cards do people have and like? Is anyone dying to get a certain card? I have Basic shapes 1, 2, and Just Chillin. I don't have a tonne of extra $$ to buy cards, and find these 3 do me fine for now, but in the fall I was thinking of getting a new one. Having trouble deciding between the Spring one, and Basic Shapes 3. I like the font on the Spring one (so different than any of the other fonts I have), but I keep seeing people using those flourishes from BS3 and it makes me really want that one! I don't have a cricut, so I use my Slice for most of my titles so the fonts are usually what draws me to a card. The BS3 font doesn't seem that different from the BS2 font, just a bit more slanty. Does anyone have the Spring card yet? Thoughts on other cards they like?

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to mercytiara

I lucked out and got the first cards before ACM excluded them on coupons, so I got them for half off. Then I found other cards on ebay for super cheap. I'm a bit miffed that the sports card doesn't have a runner on it. It's got rollerblading and skateboarding, but no runner.

I am not at home and my memory is faulty today (so, what else is new)? I think I have:
Basics 1,2,3
Just Chillin' Teen
Big Kids
Words and Expressions
Sports
Fa La La
Back to School
Noteworthy

I didn't pay more than $20 for any of them. For a few of them, I paid even less than that because of ebay (and my DH got me some as a gift, so those were free to me). Like I said, I just got lucky. Anyway, despite having all of those, I still want Fonts and Spellbound. I don't really care to get the travel ones. At least, not yet. LOL.

I love this little machine. Since it's so small, I can keep it right on this tiny shelf I have at the corner of my scrap table and just pull it down when needed. I have the cards, the spatula, the small cutting board, adhesive and applicator in a little fabric basket that I won at a crop.

I also like how portable it is. I have carried it downstairs before and used it while my DH is sleeping upstairs, which is nice.

So, that being said, I'll raise my hand to join your group.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to siameseplease

Is there anything you wish that Making Memories would release for the Slice, that they haven't yet? For me, I'd love to have some deep cutting blades so I could use it on thicker materials like chipboard.

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara

I second the request for deep cutting blades.

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone

meeee!!!

I find I use my noteworthy the most...and was thinking it would be nice if there was a passport card so I could use it for the vacation albums.

but had problems with the embossing tips, anyone have any 'tips' for me?

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

• siameseplease Said:
Is there anything you wish that Making Memories would release for the Slice, that they haven't yet? For me, I'd love to have some deep cutting blades so I could use it on thicker materials like chipboard.

I'm in too!! This is my only machine and I love it. It was tough going at first. I had one that didn't work, but their customer service was wonderful and sent me a new one and I've had no problems since. I'm disappointed when I don't have something I can use it for!!

I only have the basic that came with it and I just bought Big Kids last month. I'm trying to decide which one I want this month. I was trying to find a package deal on ebay last night, some people mentioned they got 2 or more in a bundle, but I didn't see one.

The only thing I wish right now is that it had deeper blades, I would love to be able to cut chipboard or grunge board paper with this. If I had that ability I would be ONE HAPPY LITTLE CAMPER!!!

vanessamaldo08
Expert
vanessamaldo08
In response to Scrapingbliss

do any of you have a cricut?? i do but the slice seems so awesome? would you recommend buying the slice even though you already have the cricut??

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to vanessamaldo08

Vanessa, it depends on what you need. I don't have the Cricut. I bought the Slice instead for portability and space reasons. The Cricut can do a bit more than the Slice, such as cut larger designs and link letters and designs together. It also has the deep cutting blades available. That being said, if you need a handy quick-grab machine, to me, the Slice is it. It's also very portable, which is great for crops and even just moving it around the house when need be. For me, this was an issue because my scrap area is close to our bedroom. If I want to work on something while DH is sleeping, I take the Slice downstairs. The Cricut is a bit larger and heavier, therefore not as portable, IMO.

Kim, I got three cards in a bundle on ebay. I got Words & Expressions, Big Kids and Sports for $50. Just keep looking! Also, I noticed that ACM clearanced out some of the old cards, like Fa La La. If you have one near you, you might want to check it out.

Mjmone, I want the embossing tips but I'm waiting to catch them for cheaper than $20. I hate paying full price for anything. What problems did you have? I'm really interested to hear.

Coco Chanel
Veteran
Coco Chanel

I have the cricut and the slice

Cricut is for big projects and school stuff ( for me)
Slice is more personal, and I don't have to stand for use it!

Cricut is very useful , but I think slice is more practical. Even though I will not send my cricut!

I have:
Basics 1, 2, 3
Just Chilling
Sport
Big Kids
Animal Crackers

DaughteroftheKing
Expert
DaughteroftheKing

I am waiting on my slice to arrive in the mail! I keep checking the tracking on UPS website!

I got the Basic 2 card. Really want to get Big Kids, Basic 3, Animal Crackers, and Words/Expressions.

I'd love a deep blade for chipboard cutting.
Would love to see a religious themed card (crosses, verses, words like "faith", etc), and a general holiday card (a few rabbits and Easter things, a few Christmas symbols, a party hat and birthday cake, a pumpkin and turkey, etc). One card with a few holidays all on it so I don't have to spend $30-$40 for a card for EACH holiday.

The slice has its own website/forum, but it doesn't look very active. Hopefully we can get our own on here!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to DaughteroftheKing

In July 2009, the calendar card is due for release. It has a little bit of everything on it as far as holiday designs go, but not too many. For instance, I think there's two designs for Easter (bunny and egg), one or two for Christmas, etc.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

I'm trying to decide if I want the Spring card. I really like the font and a few of the designs, like the frog, squirrel and deer. However, I'm not sure how much I'd use it.

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1

I'd love a Slice forum here! I only have the basic 1 and the Seasons one that came as a bonus. I've cut thin cardboard with mine and it worked well. Thicker cardboard not so much. So deeper blades would be fantastic. Go Slice!

Resident

Me!!!
I LOVE my Slice!! I've been using only Basic 1 for a long time, but about two weeks ago I broke down and bought Basics 3. LOVE this card!! It cuts the swirlys better than I ever thought it would. Perfectly. And I love the font with that one.
I WANT the handbag, but everytime I find it on sale somewhere, it's sold out. I'm good for now. I do have an excellent old camera bag that I've been using...it's just not pretty.

fatwhippet
Pro
fatwhippet
In response to Erin in Okc

Slice fan here too. Great little device. As far as design cards go, have Basic 2 & 3, Just Chillin, and got the Fall card today. Never spend more than $20. on a card (ebay). Just bursting to use it, but my scap room is in shambles from a shelving collapse disaster. Should be back to work by tomorrow, counting the minutes.

I also have a Cricut, Sizzix and a Wizard. Don't use the Sizzix much, thinking of liquidating it. I use the Slice the most and the Wizard and Cricut often, but not as much as the Slice.

Agree with the desire for Slice to have a deep cut blade. Has anyone tried cutting thin fun foam with the Slice? Have not tried yet but considering giving it a shot.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to fatwhippet

I've got Basics 1, 2, & 3, and Noteworthy. Just ordered Tagmaker.
My Slice wish would be an update for cutting in 1/4 increments.

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to traceyjean

siameseplease,

my embossing tips don't emboss!

I found a demo video on Youtube...so I'm using the pad right...but maybe I was screwing the tip in too far

will probably try again over the weekend.

When I first got my Slice, it was kept in a basket on my top shelf...this past weekend, I moved a plant stand next to my desk, so it is now kept there so it is right at hand.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to mjmone

MJ, that sucks!!! I hope that adjusting the blade makes the embossing tips work. If not, call their customer service. They are so helpful!

I have not tried to cut foam or anything other than paper with mine. Well, I should rephrase that. I forgot to take the protective cover off of mine once. It doesn't cut that thick plastic (LOL) and it dulled my blade!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

i have the slice and love it so much.
I'm putting my hand up!
the cards i have is
seasons
spellbound'
noteworthy
basics 1,3
just chillin teen
wedding
travel
tag maker

i wish they make something for the pets die cut

Coco Chanel
Veteran
Coco Chanel
In response to southern lady

traceyjean
I agree with you!!

Tenant

Me too! I only have Basic 1 and 2, but so far it's all I need. I don't make cards. I emailed MM and asked if/when they'd come out with an animal related card (I like Paper Pups from Cricut, but I don't have a Cricut, LOL!)

They sent a reply that basically said there are lots of animals in various cards, like Animal Crackers, Spring, etc. That's not really what I was hoping for.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to sleepygrl94

Okay, was someone here bidding on a lot of 3 design cards on Ebay? Because I had 3 cards for 33.00 and in the very last second someone out bid me by 1.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I did get Back to School instead for 16.00 so I'm happy but boy I was so excited that I was getting 3 for less than I buy 1. LOL

Tenant

Ha ha. Wasn't me. But I did pick up the Basic 2 card on Ebay. And the tool kit. And have been actively watching a few others.

Good luck!

Crazydiamond
Diva
Crazydiamond

I am a slice fan! I just got my most recent card this weekend, the wedding card. I also have the 1,2,3,Noteworthy,fa la la and the "free" seasons one. My next purchase will be the spring card. I do LOVE the slice but my recent problem is that I keep buying thickers so when it comes to scrapbooking I use those instead of cutting my own letters. I think I will have a goal to buy no more letter stickers until I use my slice a lot more!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to Crazydiamond

If they would come out with a long blade so we could cut grunge board and chipboard this would be the perfect machine for me. I love being able to cut letters but I like the 3d effect for my titles. But if you like stickles you can cut out your letters and cover them with stickles to get a bit of the thickers look.

Sarah Jean
Resident
Sarah Jean

I'm very interested in the Slice.. just wondering if anyone knew of a good website that promotes projects with the slice or even the best place to get a slice. PM me!

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to fatwhippet

This is my first post. I have the Slice and Love it. I have Basics 2 & 3, Noteworthy, and Animal Crackers. I want to get Spring and Words and Expressions next. I have looked on ebay but not had any luck finding Slice items. My daughter has the slice and i really like it but it was more than I wanted to invest and I don't have the room for it. The slice sits on the corner of my scrapbook desk when I am working and doesn't get in my way like the cricut.

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to idlewoman

I, too, just recently got a Slice. I love it. It cuts very well. I haven't had any problems. And, I am also guilty, like another poster, who buys thickers instead of using my Slice. Have to go check out some of the gallery's to see what you all have made with your Slice. The cards I have are Basics 1, 2, 3 and Animal Crackers. I love the swirls/flourishes with the B3. The embossing tips looked cool. I saw those at my LSS. They still let you use their 30% coupons on the accessories and disks, just not the machine. The only other die cutting machine I have is the old guillotine-like sizzix from about 8 years ago. I would love a forum about the Slice too!!

strawberry lane
New Kid On the Block
strawberry lane

Me too, I have a slice and I love it! I love that it is so easy to take with me to scraps, too!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to strawberry lane

LOL, Kim, wasn't me!!! I am a shark, though. I tend to place my bid with less than a minute to go, but I promise it wasn't me this time. LOL. I have all of the cards I want for now, until some of the new ones come out. I've joined a bunch of challenges this month. Have any of you signed up for the Die Cutting machine challenge? Signups close soon, I think. It's fun.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Here's the link: http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15091...

Tenant

Do any of you have the Slice *and* the Cricut? Ms has the Cricut for $99 this week, and I'm thinking about getting it. Was afraid that I really don't need two die cut machines, though...

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Is that for the big one or the little one? I know lots of people of have both...I would like, I think it's the Expression. The one you can use the 12x12

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

M's has the original Cricut for $99, not the Expression. I considered getting it, but I think I'll stick with just my Slice for now. I don't really have room for the Cricut and the Slice really does all I need at this point in time. I think some people have both, though. I probably would if I had more space and money! I know me...I'm a shopaholic and even if I found space for a Cricut and got one, I'd go nuts spending money on cartridges. I'm keeping that temptation far away by not buying the Cricut!

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1

I'm with Gina... I really want a Cricut and when I heard $99.00 my eyes nearly popped out of my head. Even for the small Cricut I'd jump for it. But.... no room, no money and after buying just the machine I'd have to spend more $$$ on the cartridges.... Slice it is for now!

Tenant

It just seems like the Cricut has so many more options/dies. I'm sure it's because Slice has only recently been introduced.

I like the glass mat for the Slice, and it's portability, but I'd like to have more "boy" type cuts (less flowers and swirlies) And pets. ;-)

MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 07-07-09 11:08 AM

I love my slice! I currently have the basics 1, animal crackers, noteworthy and fall/back to school. I would love to get just chillin', big kids, studio essentials and words/expressions. My cousin purchased the cricut expressions and volunteered to loan it to me but the cost of those carts is what makes me hesitate. Also, I don't really just BIG images on my pages. (I still have tons of the Fancy Pants 12x12 sheets of chipboard left to last me several more years). Although a deeper blade to cut chipboard would be nice I already make images with depth by cutting the same design four times and then running them through my xyron for good glue coverage. Then, I just adhere them all stacked up and it give a nice raised look. I've done it with either 3 or 4 sheets, depending how much thickness I want. I don't do it with regular pp, just the heavy-weight pp or cardstock. I am another guilty party of relying on my thickers (as well as doodlebug stickers) more than on my slice, but I prefer to use my slice for either the designs or for larger letters than the thickers come in.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to MoniL

Sleepy, what kinds of boy images would you want? I'm just curious. I think the sports, big kids, and just chillin' have a bunch of images that could be used on boy pages. However, I can see what you'd mean about wanting them all on one card(sort of like how someone else mentioned having a holiday card with a few images from each holiday on it). It interests me to hear what other people like/want. What boy images do you think you'd use the most? As for a pet card, I think I'd like that, too. One with pet words on it would be great (like "cat's meow" and "doggone cute.")

Moni, I admit to being too lazy to cut the same letter four times then layer it. It's weird; I will spend so much time on other things like hand-stitching, but won't spend the time to layer some letters. Strange, I know. I think that's a really great way to use it, though.

Tenant

You think so? I didn't care for Chillin'. Lots of teen images or sayings that don't fit for my 6 yr old. But Animal Crackers seemed too babyish. Sports had some potential, but at the moment, he only plays soccer and tball. There are only a couple of images on there that I'd use. That seems to be the case for a lot of these cards. There are a couple images here and there that I'd like, but they're spread out over multiple cards.

I have a question on a couple of images on Big Kids: Does the football and pony come as two cuts, one with the white part and the other with the black, or are the white parts "cut out" so the paper beneath shows through? (Hope I'm phrasing this right)

Thx.

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl

I love my slice!! I have the Basic 1, Falala, Just Chillin, Travel, Animal Crackers, Back to School and the promo Seasons. I like to do the layering thing too Moni, I used to do that with sizzlets.

Not sure why I have animal crackers (got a bit greedy on ebay) my boys are teens and the Just Chillin is perfect.

Sorry, no help on the big kids. I would love to see one with kitchen/home accessories like for cookbooks.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to redheadgirl

I have the Big Kid, my daughter is 12 soon to be 13 and my son is soon to be 6. He only plays T-ball but there is a train and tractor a helicopter. The dinosaur, robot and dog are adorable for a boy page. There is some kind of helmet, not sure if it's a football or like a race car driver or astronaut helmet. I haven't cut out the football yet so I'm not sure my guess would be, based on other cuts, it will cut that out so the paper behind it will show through. I personally think this card is just PERFECT for this age. I've used it a lot in the month I've had it!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

Another Slice fan here... I'm pretty happy with the new releases.. haven't gotten any yet. Will wait till y'all got what you wanted from Ebay and then I'll jump in

I've got:
Basic 3
Noteworthy
and the seasons card that they sent to customers who bought their Slice from the VIP stores.

I think I may get the Word/Expression card. And maybe one of the travel cards... haven't decided yet.

I brought it to a crop last week and my friends love it for its portability. I don't need big die so I'm fine with the 4" limitation.

It works for pp, as for thicker cs, I just cut the image twice (hold the Slice in place after the first cut and just cut again). That usually takes care of cutting thru the cs...

I've also used wax paper to cover the glass when I'm not using it.. the next time I do, I don't have to reapply the adhesive until it totally loses its tackiness.

BTW, how many images have you cut before you have to change the blade? I haven't changed mine yet and wonder if I should after a few more cuts...

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl
In response to jellyziva

So you put both pieces of paper down at one time?
Travel card is awesome, except the alpha. But the road signs and having every state available is handy.
I haven't changed my blade yet.

Coco Chanel
Veteran
Coco Chanel

I have the Cricut and the Slice!
I don't want to sell the cricut , so I'm keeping both!
Cricut for school activities
Slice for crops and when I'm sitting in muy project table

Crazydiamond
Diva
Crazydiamond

I am glad I am not the only one that keeps using thickers and letter stickers instead of the slice! I just used my new wedding design card for a page and I loved it! It has a nice font and really nice scalloped frames. I was having a little buyers remorse for awhile, but now it went away!

MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 07-09-09 10:54 AM

• sleepygrl94 Said:

I have a question on a couple of images on Big Kids: Does the football and pony come as two cuts, one with the white part and the other with the black, or are the white parts "cut out" so the paper beneath shows through? (Hope I'm phrasing this right)

Thx.

I'm pretty sure it just cuts the white pieces out, however, you could cut it once on brown paper and then once on white. Then, just glue in the white pieces to fill in where you want. Or, you could layer the contrasting pieces on top of what would have been cut out so that the contrast now has some dimension over the larger design.
BTW - I've left my glass mat out with glue on it from one weekend to the next and it was sticky enough to use again for about 3 cuts. I did rub the paper down really well to make sure it stuck, though. I'll have to try covering it with wax paper or plastic wrap to see if it stays sticky longer.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to MoniL

I got a my new card that I won last weekend on Ebay...Back to School. Great shapes!

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl

Moni if I left mine out with my luck the cat would lay on it, yelch. I do the wax paper and slip it into a ziplock. I have the 12 x 12 mat but haven't used it yet. I haven't cut anything but solid cardstock so far. Maybe one day I'll get brave and spice it up with a shape on pp.

Kim, isn't that card neat. I like the leaves and tree on it.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

• sleepygrl94 Said:
You think so? I didn't care for Chillin'. Lots of teen images or sayings that don't fit for my 6 yr old. But Animal Crackers seemed too babyish. Sports had some potential, but at the moment, he only plays soccer and tball. There are only a couple of images on there that I'd use. That seems to be the case for a lot of these cards. There are a couple images here and there that I'd like, but they're spread out over multiple cards.

I see what you mean. The images are either older kid or very young kid related. It'd be cool if they could come out with a boy card...dinosaurs, cars, etc all in one card and a girl card...princess crowns, teddy bears, dolls, all on one card, as well.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

For my cutting mat, I just slide it down into a ziploc baggie and it seems to retain its tackiness for a while. I have the 12x12 mat, which I much prefer to the smaller one because I can do several more cuts before having to remove the cut designs from the mat.

I've only changed my blade once, and that was after I was absent-minded enough to forget to remove the plastic covering before cutting. I could tell when mine needed a new blade. It either tears the paper or doesn't cut all the way through.

MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 07-09-09 12:17 PM

not like i really needed any help, but all this talk about the big kids cart...well, i had to go and place a bid on one, lol. i was out at m's at lunch (getting $10 deal on sizzlit alpha sets) and stopped to look over the big kids, again. finally, i decided to go ahead and try to get it.
i love the idea of the ziplock bag! i still just mostly use the 6x6 mat because its easier for me to make sure my paper is really stuck on. i really need to get a brayer so i can feel more confident on using the 12x12 mat.

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl
In response to MoniL

A brayer is a good idea. I use the mm spatula to pat my paper down, that would take forever with the 12 x 12. Maybe a rolling pin from the kitchen would work too .

None of the cartridges have birthday stuff. Does anyone know of one that has balloons?

phillyscraps
Diva
phillyscraps

I love my slice, mostly for the fonts though and I can't wait to get the new font card. I didn't realize they don't have a birthday card yet, that should have been one of the firsts, wow! I have teen/pre-teen girls and I love the just chillin card it is great for their age group. I also like animal crackers for baby showers and I use the font all of the time. I never thought about layering the pieces but that is a good idea! and even though I come from a mostly female family, I agree there are enough butterflies and flowers!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

There is a single balloon on the Big kid card. I guess you cut out several and put them together as a bunch.

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl

Oh too bad. I don't have that card. Its a cute card but one of the few I won't have a real need for.

I guess the sizzix will get dusted off

Princess Kitty
Veteran
Princess Kitty

Has everyone seen the new pink slice coming out in August?
I was so close to ordering one for my birthday, so glad I didn't!!

MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 07-15-09 06:35 AM
In response to Princess Kitty

I haven't seen that! Too cute!
Has anyone tried cutting vinyl with their slice? I've been wanting to do some black vinyl letters in the animal crackers font for my clear glass kitchen canisters. I haven't seen that making memories has it in black so I was thinking of getting the sheets for the cricut.

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl
In response to MoniL

I have not cut anything besides paper. Let us know what you find out, I'd like to try it too.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Well, they sell self-adhesive vinyl for the Slice, so I imagine it'd be fine to cut it. You might have to go over each letter twice, though. I got some of the patterned vinyl they sell just for the Slice, but I haven't tried to cut it yet. It does feel thin.

Princess Kitty
Veteran
Princess Kitty

Yay!! My lovely sweet hubby has just pre-ordered the pink slice for me!!!

Princess Kitty
Veteran
Princess Kitty

Just received an email saying that my pink slice will be shipped out on Wednesday!!! Yay!!!

Anyone heard if there is going to be a separate slice board ?

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

nope but there should

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara

I'm so psyched! I just picked up 3 of the older slice cards for less than $20 a piece on another site! It's hard to get those kinds of prices here in Canada and shipping was only 6.77! I got Noteworthy, Falala, and Spring! I know the new ones have more features but I liked the old ones just fine. This doubles my collection!

Edited by mercytiara on 09-23-09 04:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Princess Kitty
Veteran
Princess Kitty

Congrats on the great buy mercytiara

I have my fingers crossed that my slice will be delivered tomorrow

Princess Kitty
Veteran
Princess Kitty

My slice just arrived !!!!!!
Woo Hoo!!!!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

that is great

Princess Kitty
Veteran
Princess Kitty

So after a lot of reading the different forums, blogs, etc about trying different adhesives I tried using a a repositionable spray adhesive (brand is micador), I don't have any making memories tools yet so I've been using my cricut tool kit,

The first time I went to get the paper and cut outs up I found that it was stuck really good (kind of freaked out for a few seconds!) but with the help of the tools I was able to get them up and everytime I put a new piece of paper down it got easier to lift up and by the third time it was really simple to remove but still remained sticky enough to hold in place to cut.

I will leave it up to you wether you want to try this type of product but just wanted to share my experience with a different type/brand of adhesive. Overall I think I will continue to use the spray adhesive, mainly because it's more available here than the mm glue adhesive (well for me anyway) and it's better value for money.

Princess Kitty
Veteran
Princess Kitty

Talking of tool kits!

I sent an email to MM to see if they are going to release pink tools/accessories to go with the pink slice, here is their reply:

"We are currently working on getting some ideas together to Pink accessories. They will be available eventually but it may be a few months before they are released to our retailers. Keep an eye on whyslice.com for all Slice machine updates."

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi

I would love the big kids card!! I have a little boy and that would be perfect for him. I love last years falala.. I can get it at M's but don't want to pay full price. I usually buy mine at Archiver's when I have a 30% coupon. Where else other than ebay can you get them (besides here of course! ) Clearance/discount price for me right now is about all I can swing.

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to momma paparazzi

OH, and yes, I am guilty of using my Thickers too!!

Princess Kitty
Veteran
Princess Kitty

I can't decided which card I'm going to get next, it will be either the home sweet home, animal crackers or noteworthy.

There's so many new products for the slice to try, so hard to choose!

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara

I ordered a bunch of the older slice cards (noteworthy, chillin, animal crackers, travel USA & International, wedding, falala, and maybe a few others) for $19.50 each. Not sure how many they have left, but PM me if you want more details.

Princess Kitty
Veteran
Princess Kitty

Has anyone had great success in cutting photos with the slice?

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara

I haven't tried it but saw a tutorial on how to do it (with a template) on Youtube. I'd be interested in hearing whether others have done this and how it worked.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

I saw the set of embossing tips last night at M's! And they finally got the carry bag in too, but I have to wait for a sale for that since they won't take a coupon.

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to RockStar

I am excited to see the drawing pens and the new design card Farm Life. I don't know if I would have many uses for it, but the designs are just adorable!

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl
In response to GinnyHughes

Has anyone cut Grungepaper with the slice?

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes

I haven't used it and I doubt that it would cut anything that thick. I don't think it is recommended for chipboard either.

Princess Kitty
Veteran
Princess Kitty

on cutting out photos I started to watch a video about it on the MM website but I fell asleep (it wasn't boring I was just tired), will try again on the weekend, hubby is going to look after bub all day on sunday

is using a 12 x 12 glass mat better than using the smaller one? it looks like you can use up more paper that way?

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes

I don't have the 12x12, I can see how it my be a little quicker and less hassle. I might get one later on, but I can make due with the smaller one for now. I did buy the spatula and it make it alot easier to get the paper off the glass.

Princess Kitty
Veteran
Princess Kitty

I have a whole day tomorrow of scrapping (well that's the plan) so I'm going to have a go at using the slice card leaflets to help sketch out my ideas for layouts to use tomorrow that way I can get the most out of my time.

Has anyone found a good alternative to the MM card storage folder? I think MM's is a good idea but the people on here always seem to have some creative alternative ideas for things.

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone

I have that card storage folder, but I also cut out the velcro'd section from the packaging and stick that in the folder...so I can have a quick glance at the images available.

just got Big Kids...been making dinosaurs with 'googly eyes' for a birthday layout this morn.

sure do love my slice.

I think my next must have will be the new Vintage Findings.

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to mjmone

The Vintage Finding is so pretty. I store my stuff in a little box I got at M's. It is slightly bigger than the glass mat. Everything fits perfectly, even the power cord and the manual that came with the slice. I got the box to alter something for my daughter and never used it.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

well i am going to make gift tags for christmas

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi

I should make tags for Christmas.. that is a great idea... I think I finally used up my abundant supply of the sticky label gift tags!!

I really want the big kids too. With a 2 yr old little boy, I think I would get alot of use out of it??

Princess Kitty
Veteran
Princess Kitty

Just tried using the slice with a 12x12 glass mat, totally recommend it, I was able to use up most of the paper, the rest I can use some punches on (I don't like to waste anything

For those who have a cricut machine and have used the slice too, is it just me or is the slice faster?

Ok I'm going to have to call it a night though, stupid need for sleep! plus daylight savings has just started and that is so not helping

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi

• Princess Kitty Said:
Just tried using the slice with a 12x12 glass mat, totally recommend it, I was able to use up most of the paper, the rest I can use some punches on (I don't like to waste anything

For those who have a cricut machine and have used the slice too, is it just me or is the slice faster?

Ok I'm going to have to call it a night though, stupid need for sleep! plus daylight savings has just started and that is so not helping

OK.. I had to go see where you live.. thinking did I miss something?? Did I not turn our clocks back.. did they move up Daylights savings?? I'm a dork, I know!!

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone

Debating on whether or not to take my
Slice to a crop in a couple of weekends.

it just came home from the slice hospital, and I think I just want to 'baby' it .

Do you take yours to crops?

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to mjmone

I, personally, do not go to crops. I would have to pack up all of my stash... I change my mind too much in the process of making my pages sometimes. I seem to get more accomplished at home. Tho, I do miss the comraderie when going to crops.

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes

Michelle, I have the Big Kids card and I love it!! It has so many cute images on it and perfect for little boy pages.

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi

Thanks, Ginny!! I think I will search down a card!!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Princess Kitty
Veteran
Princess Kitty

I'm not really a crop person either but I am looking at going interstate soon and thinking about taking it with , if I do go it will be via plane, that's my only concern, I've seen the way they throw the luggage around and would prefer it be in my carry on luggage (the unit itself).

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi

I don't blame you, I wouldn't want to put my scrapbooking stuff in my luggage to be thrown in the belly of the plane. I would try to take it as a carry-on too!! They are very rough with the luggage!!!

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara

lol, but I can just imagine the reaction you'd get at airport security! They'd be all "what's this, Ma'am?" and you'd say "that's my personal cutting device... I never leave home without it," lol! Ok, maybe I just didn't get enough sleep last night, but it struck me as funny!

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi

• mercytiara Said:
lol, but I can just imagine the reaction you'd get at airport security! They'd be all "what's this, Ma'am?" and you'd say "that's my personal cutting device... I never leave home without it," lol! Ok, maybe I just didn't get enough sleep last night, but it struck me as funny!

I could just see it!! Funny!!

Page 1 of 8 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics