Page 2 of 8 
Username Post: SLICE LOVERS        (Topic#1508871)
GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to momma paparazzi

Sad to say but it does have a blade on it, small as it may be, so they may not let it in. You could be the scrapbooking terrorist!

tamarag
New Kid On the Block
tamarag
In response to GinnyHughes

Has anyone cut fabric with their slice? Mine is in the closet collecting dust since I am a full time student. I want to use it to cut felt or maybe something a little thinner to cut out the word "crayola" for my sons halloween costume!

Princess Kitty
Veteran
Princess Kitty
In response to tamarag

rofl! didn't think about the blade !!
I guess if you can't take a nail file or knitting needles they probably wouldn't let me take that.

I've only tried cutting the usual scrapbooking paper but I too would love to know if you can cut anything else with it.

TiggerPooh2380
Expert
TiggerPooh2380
In response to Princess Kitty

You actually can take knitting needles..

Princess Kitty
Veteran
Princess Kitty
In response to TiggerPooh2380

maybe it depends on the airline, my grandmother wasn't allowed to take her knitting or crochet needles :/

How's everyone going with their slice? I haven't been able to get back to mine yet, trying to sell our house, between open house viewings & my baby girl I haven't had the chance.

marshmallowjane
Veteran
marshmallowjane

I bought my DIL a Slice for Christmas last year. I really wanted one myself. It turns out that she's so bent on getting a Cricut that she sold her Slice (without telling me), and I still want one.

I have a Pazzles, but I find it so hard to use. The book that comes with it makes no sense, and the pre-made shapes are useless. The letters are nice though. Oh, let me be clear. The Pazzles is easy to use but it comes without shapes that I would use. The book that comes with it doesn't explain what it does.

I'm fairly new here. I guess I should see if there's a Pazzles section here. I still want a Slice though.

ScrappyChica84
Veteran
ScrappyChica84

• momma paparazzi Said:
  • Princess Kitty Said:
Just tried using the slice with a 12x12 glass mat, totally recommend it, I was able to use up most of the paper, the rest I can use some punches on (I don't like to waste anything

For those who have a cricut machine and have used the slice too, is it just me or is the slice faster?

Ok I'm going to have to call it a night though, stupid need for sleep! plus daylight savings has just started and that is so not helping

OK.. I had to go see where you live.. thinking did I miss something?? Did I not turn our clocks back.. did they move up Daylights savings?? I'm a dork, I know!!

Umm, LOL!! I did the same thing!! I also checked where you are from, I got scared for a minute there! hahahaha

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to ScrappyChica84

• Maricela84 Said:
  • momma paparazzi Said:
  • Princess Kitty Said:
Just tried using the slice with a 12x12 glass mat, totally recommend it, I was able to use up most of the paper, the rest I can use some punches on (I don't like to waste anything

For those who have a cricut machine and have used the slice too, is it just me or is the slice faster?

Ok I'm going to have to call it a night though, stupid need for sleep! plus daylight savings has just started and that is so not helping

OK.. I had to go see where you live.. thinking did I miss something?? Did I not turn our clocks back.. did they move up Daylights savings?? I'm a dork, I know!!

Umm, LOL!! I did the same thing!! I also checked where you are from, I got scared for a minute there! hahahaha

OK.. LOL!!! So glad to know I wasn't the only one!!

Princess Kitty
Veteran
Princess Kitty

I've just watched an MM video showing how to use the slice with the pens, looks interesting has anyone used them on a layout?

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes

I don't think they are out yet, very interested to see how they work.

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes

Where did you see the video??

Resident

I saw one on youtube just yesterday. It was ok, but I wish the pens were fine tipped.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Erin in Okc

i have little troubble with my slice

Princess Kitty
Veteran
Princess Kitty
In response to southern lady

I've just ordered the Animal Crackers card!!

Can't wait to get it

Resident

I just got the Holidays Words & Expressions on ebay for TWENTY dollars shipped!! I can't believe I got it that cheap. I'm hoping to have it by Friday, but I have to pretend to 'not' have it. It's part of my birthday present!

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to Erin in Okc

Great price! I have the regular words & expressions and the holiday looks really versatile.
Animal crackers is such a cute card, have fun!

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi

I have the reg. words and expressions too. I splurged and bought the new holiday card. Kind of wishing I hadn't gotten rid of some of my stamping stuff.. I could use my embossing gun and powders to gloss up some of those Christmas items.. like the snowflakes!

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone

I'm really liking the Think Pink card...has some pretty, girly embellies on it.

Princess Kitty
Veteran
Princess Kitty
In response to mjmone

I think I missed the delivery guy today just as I was pulling up outside I could see a delivery van at the other end of the street, I thought about running after him yelling and waving "No I need my slice card!!!" but my neighbours would have thought I was a bit nuts!

Hopefully he will return tomorrow!

Princess Kitty
Veteran
Princess Kitty

Still no parcel hopefully it will arrive tomorrow

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

sorry to hear that hope you get it soon

pieces of me
Expert
pieces of me

I just bought Animal Crackers on "the auction site" for $10.95 INCLUDING shipping!! Woo-hoo!

Princess Kitty
Veteran
Princess Kitty
In response to pieces of me

You guys are getting some great buys on your cards!
My card arrived this morning yay!!! Just not sure when I will be able to try it, hopefully bub will have a nap this arve.

I love the little fold out booklet you get showing you all the designs, very handy.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

• pieces of me Said:
I just bought Animal Crackers on "the auction site" for $10.95 INCLUDING shipping!! Woo-hoo!

what is the site that a nice price for that

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara

I just have to gush to some fellow slice-aholics!

I found a good deal on some of the older slice cards a few weeks backs (posted it here a few pages back) and ordered my top 3 choices right away. I sadly got an email saying my credit card would be refunded for 2 because they were sold out. So I went back and ordered more because less than $20/card is such an amazing deal (especially in Canada where they are pretty much always $40 even for the older ones). I had in the back of my mind that some of them might be sold out, so I might only end up with a few, since from my first order, i only got 1/3.

Well, they were all in stock (except the first 2/3) and so I went from having BS1, BS2, and Just Chillin in my original collection, to having those PLUS: Animal Crackers, Wedding, Travel USA (has all the camping stuff), Travel International (I like the font), Noteworthy, and Sports!

I'm in slice heaven, having tripled my card collection!!! Now, no more cards for me for a LONG long time! My love for Vintage Findings is going to have to go unrequited.

Just had to share!

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to mercytiara

nice to double your collection in one swoop...
siiiiiiiiiiigh

I used my slice yesterday to cut a title from a photo...it was a li'l tough.

I had just changed my adhesive so pulling them off the matt was tricky..the photo paper kept de-layering in corners...but worth it...it was a 'cool' effect.

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to mjmone

I just used one of the new design cards for the 1st time and let me tell you that speed boost thing really works!! It was zipping right along. I got the handwritten fonts card and I really like it, I can tell I will get a lot of use out of it.
Yeah, for great prices on the design cards!!
On my Slice wishlist-
Farm Life
FaLaLa
Studio Essentials
What is on your list?

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone

I was looking at an ad..saw something like a 'home' card (print is too small to read)..ya'll hear of it?

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to mjmone

I recently got the older words and expressions without the boost. I have a few cards that I have needed to make, but our whole house has been down sick for over a week. Definitely no fun!! I haven't scrapped or anything in almost 3 weeks!! Going thru some serious withdrawals!!

Princess Kitty
Veteran
Princess Kitty

Ok my baby girl is asleep! (rare thing during the day) so I'm trying out the animal crackers card, I've cut out a onesie and the words little one so far and I'm already in love with the card, love using my slice!

I always have a notebook and pencil with me (even in my bag) and I hope to get a lot of those ideas going today.

How's everyone else going with their slice? any creations they have made using the slice that they would like to share?

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara

I second the call for slice layouts! As for my wish list:
Vintage findings
one of the halloween ones
one of the Christmas ones (love that there are more than one option for these now)

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl

I have a LO using slice. The word journey and the travel bus are from the travel card.

Journey

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to redheadgirl

I'm trying to be very patient...my lss FINALLY carries the carry bag, which I'm coveting, but I don't want to pay the heavy price tag, and as everyone knows, they won't take the coupons. I got my Slice last year, right after Christmas for like 50% off, so I'm hoping they do a nice Slice discount again this year right after Christmas (crossing fingers).

I'm going to be meeting my sb friends at the Scrapbooking convention the weekend of Feb 5-7 in Portland Oregon and I want to arrive sporting that cute bag!

Unless dh buys it for me for Christmas instead

Karen.W
Diva
Karen.W
In response to RockStar

I am not a SLICE owner yet BUT(big fat BUT) Santa is getting me one for Xmas! I am itchin for it and the days arent going by fast enough!

I soooo loooooove Vintage Findings and Basic Shapes 3(w/ all the flourishes!)

Anyway, may I ask what is "speed boost". Obviously it makes it faster but what is it. I havent even heard of that.

Thank you!
Hope to hear back from someone soon!

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara
In response to Karen.W

Hi all, jci here and reading some of the recent posts. Nice to hear that the speed boost makes a difference. I don't have any new cards yet and with my recent spending spree, I doubt I'll be getting the speed boost any time soon, but nice to have something to look forward to. I just set a new scraproom in my unfinished basement, but I thought I'd share my Slice storage and the reference card I recently made for my slice design cards.

Slice Reference card By Mercytiara

Slice storage By Mercytiara

TFL!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

that is nice

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl

I just saw that all the slice stuff has moved, we have our space now

Awesome idea on those reference cards.

Anyone have Farm life? It's on my want list

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

nope. i want to get all the new cards.

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon

I just got my Slice yesterday. I'm so excited and now will be combing Michael's over the next couple of days. I have a few cards that I really want to get and if I'm able to get them at 40% off, the better!
10. Big kids Design Card
9. Calendar Designs Design Card
8. Fa La La Design Card
7. Tag Maker Design Card
6. Words & Expressions Design Card
5. Words & Expressions Holiday Designs Design Card
4. Handwritten Fonts Design Card
3. Vintage Findings Design Card
2. Spook Alley Design Card
1. Faith Design Card

Does anyone have these?? What do you like about them? What don't you like about them?

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to fknapoleon

YAY! Found the Slice forum!

I'm on crutches right now, but tomorrow dh returns to work and I can sneak out and get to M's for this sale!! I need Travel and I need that cute carrybag NOW!

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara
In response to RockStar

I popped into M's to take advantage of the 40% off sale. I wasn't gonna buy any more cards, but I was eager for the speed boost so I got Mix and Mingle (it was that or spooky alley- all the other new ones were sold out). I used it tonight for a title and the speed boost makes a huge difference, but I found I didn't get great cuts on the highest speed, so I set it to medium and still found it quite fast. Has anyone else found the cuts go off a bit on the fastest setting? I also used the shadow function and loved how it came out.

I also got the 12X12 cutting mat, finally. I had been waiting until I had a dedicated scrap room to get it, and I have to say it makes a huge difference. Even cutting from various papers, you can set them all out on the 12X12 mat (I tend to use mat stacks when using my slice so 3-4 different papers can be put on the mat at once). You can leave your cuts in place in the paper and just move the machine around all over the mat, then take off all your shapes at once. It makes a huge difference. Don't know how I went without it for so long.

Nice to see so many people took advantage of the sale!

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara
In response to RockStar

• flightobl Said:
YAY! Found the Slice forum!

I'm on crutches right now, but tomorrow dh returns to work and I can sneak out and get to M's for this sale!! I need Travel and I need that cute carrybag NOW!

Sorry to hear about the crutches, but have fun at M's! I have the travel card, and it's very cute! I love all the camping and beach shapes.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

OH yea...dh has gone to work, so I'm going to grab my crutches and do the step drag thing a la The Mummy all the way to my M's. I just hope with the sale they have the things I need in stock, otherwise I may be driving from one M's to the next all day long! And the surgery is on my driving foot!

Where there's a will, there's a way. I've been waiting for this sale for months, I'm not missing it!

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to RockStar

WHOO-HOOO! I got the carrybag (had to go to a second M's to get it, but the first called up for me and confirmed that it would be there), got the Travel card AND got the embossing tips!!!!

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara
In response to RockStar

I'm impressed! You must be a hardcore Slice fan, driving to multiple M's with an injured driving foot! So worth it though... enjoy your goodies!

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

Uh, yea, lol!
It's most practical for me...I'm in a condo so I simply don't have room for the big machines, and I actually have a preference for little things anyway. I love that's it's totally portable too.

Oh, that's right, I'm ON the Slice thread! No need to enable.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to RockStar

what is the speed boost?

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl

My understand, and please someone correct me if I'm wrong, is the newer cards will reset the Slice to cut all card images faster.

I haven't used the mirror feature yet, anyone else??

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

Really??

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara
In response to RockStar

I just got one of the new MS+ cards so I now know how the speed boost works. When you put one of the new cards into your Slice for the first time, it upgrades the machine so that it now has the ability to cut on 3 different speeds. I think the old (non-upgraded) Slice speed is equivalent to "slow" because I found the medium speed to be faster than what I'm used to and the fast speed knocked my socks off. Once the speed boost upgrade is put onto your Slice it works for all the cards you have (even the old non MS+ ones), where as the other features on the MS+ cards (mirroring and shadow) only work for that card.

I haven't used mirroring yet, so can't comment, but I have used shadow on a title and loved the look. That was one feature that made me half-jealous of cricut owners, and now I have it (for that one card anyhow).

The only thing about the speed boost is that I found when cutting intricate flourishes (e.g. Basic Shapes 3 card) it went all weird on the highest speed, and cut the shapes way off like it does when the blade needs to be homed. However, when I dropped down to medium speed it cut fine and is still much faster than the slice used to be. You are apparently supposed to use the slow speed for the embossing tips. HTH!

editted to add in case anyone is interested: Once you upgrade your Slice for the speed boost, you adjust the speed by pressing the double arrow while on the home screen in the settings menu.

Edited by mercytiara on 11-25-09 10:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

Thanks for the tips!

Legomom
Expert
Legomom
In response to RockStar

Ladies,
I've read through all 6 pages of posts and I feel I MUST get a Slice now. I feel so inadequate as a scrapper now. LOL!
Hopefully this weekend I'll be worthy to post here again.

Edited by Legomom on 11-25-09 01:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Legomom

I'm a Slice virgin. It is still in the package. Is the manual thorough enough to learn all the tricks, or do you recommend that I read through this thread to get a better feel? I have the machine, the embosser, 12 x 12 glass, and 5 different cards. I am quite adept with the Cricut/Gypsy, but that took me a long time to learn the tricks. I guess I am looking for a cheat sheet! Any good tutorial on the web?

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to 950nancy

Why Slice dot com has several instructional videos, and if you come across any issues, you can always come on here and ask.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to RockStar

I tried that website. About 2 minutes into the video the same video audio track started right over the first video. Weird. I will try it again tonight.

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to 950nancy

Did I miss a big sale at M's for Slice Carts??? How did I miss that one??

pieces of me
Expert
pieces of me

***Enabler Alert****

Slice Design Cards are 50% off on Monday at Michael's!

pieces of me
Expert
pieces of me

P.s.

Wasn't this forum in General Scrapbooking?? When did it get moved and why?

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

Someone said that 50% off sale is online only...

pieces of me
Expert
pieces of me
In response to RockStar

Nope, Michael's doesn't sell online.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

OH that's right, I think that somebody was talking about something else over at J's....duh me. Nevermind!!

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to RockStar

Think I am running over to M's first thing Monday morning!!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

So, did anyone get any cards on Monday? I have all of the ones I want that M's carries, but I can't use them yet. They are a Christmas present. I am so stoked to get the speed boost and use the words and expressions cards (I got both). I still want to get Vintage Findings and Handwritten Fonts (I think that's what it's called). I got a bunch of the cards when M's had the 40% off sale right before Thanksgiving. I love that they are coming out with new features and cards. It's such a fun little machine.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to siameseplease

I haven't had the time to do anything besides admire my pretty new carrybag as I pass it by, lol! Maybe after the move and we're settled in. Oh, then it would be Christmas. Ok, maybe after Christmas...ugh! SOMEDAY!

kamala77
Resident
kamala77
In response to RockStar

DOAH - i am upset that i missed the 40% off at M's!!!!

But I was at M's on thanksgiving and for everyone who loves the Vintage Findings stuff, M's had it all @ 80% off - there is some really cute embellis and what not and everything was like, under $1.50!!! Mine had quite a lot still in stock and on sale...

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to kamala77

My M's didn't have ANY Vintage Findings.. been gone for a bit.. I got a few Slice disks on Monday while they were 1/2 off. DH didn't know I had gone and got one.. and stopped on the way home from work and got me the FaLaLa and Mix and Mingle, I think it is called.

I need to get cracking on getting some LO's done and use that little machine!!

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara

You'll like the Mix and Mingle. I wasn't sure about it but now that I have it I love it. I do a lot of mixed font titles and before I used to have to put in a card, navigate to the letter, choose the size, cut... take out the card, put in another card, navigate to the letter, choose the size, cut, take out the card.... Ugh!!! Mix and Mingle makes it smiple and there is enough selection on the one card for a variety of different looks.

kamala77
Resident
kamala77

I second Mix and Mingle as an awesome card - def the one I use the most!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to kamala77

I'm waiting for my Slice to come back from the doctor. It was shipped today, so I hope to have it very quickly!!! I had just started using it (it sat on the shelf for a very long time) and was getting excited about it again. Now I need to figure out what cards I need to get to go with it ...and some of the stuff you all are talking about that I'm clueless about.

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to justowen

I love my Slice! I only have the Basics 3 card right now but I bought big kids and words and expression for 15 a piece and can't wait for them to arrive.
With SB.com's 12 days of Christmas sale, you can get the pink slice for under $100.00!!!! I am so so so jealous. I wanted it in pink so that it would be girly and match the rest of my decor but boy oh boy is that a steal!

mel3073
Tenant
mel3073

I just bought the pink Slice from SB.com. I can't wait to try it! I formerly used the Xyron Personal Cutting System, but have since sold that on ebay. I currently use the Quickutz Revolution but I only have one font for it, so I'll probably be selling that too.

kamala77
Resident
kamala77
In response to mel3073

mms

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to kamala77

Finally found some time to play!! I have been cutting away over here!! I cut out a bunch of different snowflakes.. from both last year's and this year's Christmas disks. I love the new shadowing thing the new disks have!! Just having fun with this little machine!

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

Waa....ALL of my scrappy stuff is packed for today's move. We've got the closing for the sale of this condo we're moving out of Thursday, classes tomorrow and the day after AND I still have to make time afterwards to get back here and do a thorough last cleaning prior to closing, AND work on the weekends. Next week we take a trip to Delaware to break ground on our future home - I dunno WHEN I'll have time to Slice anything!

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to RockStar

I can't wait for my pink slice to arrive! I also bought two cartridges from Evilbay for 15 dollars a piece and I bought Basics 3 for 40% off from Michaels. I want to play with my adorable pink machine from here!!!

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

15 bucks, WOW!

miklin
miklin 
Guru
miklin
In response to RockStar

Love my Slice too! I had to send mine in last month cause it wasn't cutting right. I just got it back today and it works great! They also sent me some goodies...a big tube of Slice adhesive w/brush, Love Notes clips, Love Notes Rub Ons and a jumbo blossom.

Robin Shakoor
Guru
Robin Shakoor
In response to miklin

I love my Slice, but I have to admit I haven't used it as much as I should. I have three cards and thanks to you ladies, I will start to add to my collection.

I will also be combing the Michael's advertisements for sales! I love Michael's!

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to Robin Shakoor

I don't see them on sale alot at M's. I get mine with my 30% coupon at A's. I admit I don't use mine as much as I should either.. I am trying to.

Miklin, so cool they sent you some goodies as well!!

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon

Linda, that is so wonderful to hear that they fixed your Slice for you and returned it. That sounds like great customer service. I was worried that if something ever went wrong with it, Making Memories' customer service would be very troublesome to deal with, even though I did register my slice the day I got my awesome package from here.
And that is so nice of them to send you a few goodies as well!

Edited by Kendraj78 on 12-12-09 12:32 PM. Reason for edit: My son loves to press enter before I'm ready

950nancy
Diva
950nancy

New to Slice, so I am probably asking very tired questions. Can you only cut one letter at a time? How come when I put 2 inches in it cuts a bit larger than one? Do I need to calibrate it somehow or am I a moron? I assume there isn't anything wrong with the machine; if it is electronic I take a long time to get things to work properly.

kamala77
Resident
kamala77
In response to 950nancy

HI Nancy,

Hopefully this will help out a bit in your slice enjoyment:

Can you only cut one letter at a time?
- yes, only one at a time, they haven't put out an update or option to "marry" or link letters to each other yet to cut full words (other than the full words that are on the card to begin with)

How come when I put 2 inches in it cuts a bit larger than one? Do I need to calibrate it somehow or am I a moron?
- the fonts are all proportional to each other in the size that you choose, so if you choose 2" and make 1 capital letter and a few lowercase, they won't all be 2" tall - the caiptal one will be close, and the lowercase will be in proportion to the capital one - does that make sense?? You should calibrate the machine with the updated basic shapes 1 card (should have come with your machine if it is newer, if it is an older one, they send it to you once you register your machine's serial # with Making Memories)

They have a lot of instructional videos (try the video section here on SB.com or google it and i am sure you will get more) if you need more help with the slice. I have had mine since March and I love it so much!!!

inkielady
Resident
inkielady
In response to RockStar

This is a silly question... but I really want the small glass piece that comes with the slice...

Can you buy that seperately???

kamala77
Resident
kamala77
In response to inkielady

I've only ever seen the 12x12 for sale separately, but maybe if you contact their customer service they may be able to help out or sell you the small one directly.

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to kamala77

Youtube has some great videos too that people have put on for the Slice.. some are from MM and others are just other Slice owners.

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi

Ok.. Slice lovers.. I don't have the embossing tips. Do any of you?? If so, do you like them? Use them alot?? Worth the purchase?? I saw something on youtube or somewhere where they embossed something and then went up to the next size increment (after switching back to the blade) they cut out whatever.. so it has the embossed border. It looked really neat!

kamala77
Resident
kamala77

i have the embossing tips - i haven't used them too much yet, but they really are neat. used them to emboss a frame on a card for my friend's wedding. they aren't too expensive (at least i didn't think so - for the 3 tips and the embossing pad thing) and they do open up a whole other world of things to do with your slice.

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to kamala77

I am thinking I may get them... see if I get any GC's or money for Christmas. I have been using my slice alot more lately. I have been having fun.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

I got them with the 40% off sale M's had about a month ago but haven't had a chance to do anything with the closing, the move and the surgery, oh, and the holidays, lol! I think after the second surgery this Wednesday and Christmas I'll have a window of time to try them out.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to RockStar

i have it and olny try it once and i like it

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon

Along the lines of the embossing, with the new MS+ cards, has anyone tried the shadowing feature? I haven't tried it yet and I'm curious if it looks nice since I won't have time to use my slice for a while.

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi

Archiver's has a 30% coupon out.. good til the end of the year. I think I may get the embossing tips with that. DH's father gave us some Christmas $$, so I think, I will get those and leave the rest for my DH. I have plenty of scrap stuff to keep me busy for quite awhile.

Merry Christmas to all!!!

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

And a Merry Slicey Christmas and a Happy Scrappy New Year!

luvscrapin
Governor
luvscrapin
In response to RockStar

I have a slice and luv it! I've made more cards than layouts with mine. I have several cards. I also doubled up on the back to school card. would anyone be interested in buying it? I purchased it for $20. Just PM me.

Legomom
Expert
Legomom
In response to luvscrapin

Santa was very good to me this year!!!

I GOT A SLICE!!!

He and the boys are such goofy ones. They wrapped it in a ski box. I took off the paper and it was heavy, like skis. I see the label for skis and am thinking... Alright, here he's done it again. A rotten egg for Christmas. I am NOT the outdoorsy type.
Then I opened the box and out fell out some lumber pieces and after digging through a mountain of paper, here is the SLICE!!! WOOHOO!! Well, I think I broke the sound barrier here in our part of the woods... the squirrels ran for their nests I'm sure.
So, after cleaning up the breakfast dishes he told me to go down to my scrapcave and play with my new toy. He and the boys can fend for themselves.
So not only did I get a SLICE (which makes me feel like one of the 'cool chicks' now) but also he gifted me with time to play with paper.
:-)
Now I get to hang with you gals...that alright?

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to Legomom

The more the merrier, congratulations!!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to RockStar

Very clever hubby.

Edited by 950nancy on 12-26-09 06:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to Legomom

• Legomom Said:
Santa was very good to me this year!!!

I GOT A SLICE!!!

He and the boys are such goofy ones. They wrapped it in a ski box. I took off the paper and it was heavy, like skis. I see the label for skis and am thinking... Alright, here he's done it again. A rotten egg for Christmas. I am NOT the outdoorsy type.
Then I opened the box and out fell out some lumber pieces and after digging through a mountain of paper, here is the SLICE!!! WOOHOO!! Well, I think I broke the sound barrier here in our part of the woods... the squirrels ran for their nests I'm sure.
So, after cleaning up the breakfast dishes he told me to go down to my scrapcave and play with my new toy. He and the boys can fend for themselves.
So not only did I get a SLICE (which makes me feel like one of the 'cool chicks' now) but also he gifted me with time to play with paper.
:-)
Now I get to hang with you gals...that alright?

That is so cool!!! I am glad you got some scrappy time as well. Pretty clever adding some lumber to the box!!

I agree, the more the merrier!! I hope you are having fun with your new toy!!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy

Okay Slice lovers- why does my Slice cut all of my letters in half? It worked for a while and then it started this little trick. Do I need to redo the settings? Have I pushed something wrong? Is it jealous of my Cricut? It seems to be a problem with having the blade in the right place when I push cut. I can see the problem, just don't know how to fix it. Also I had a paper debaucle with sticky glue. Did I use too much or not wait long enough to put the paper on it? I waited several minutes, but I was using the 12 x 12 glass and might have put too much glue on it. I had to use the hair dryer to get it off.

I was very unhappy with my Slice and put it back in the closet with disgust. I know everyone on here loves this little guy, I just can't seem to make it love me.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to 950nancy

I routinely Home it every 20 or so cuts, just because. I don't know if I'm actually accomplishing anything, but I do. If this is your first time using it, you do need to develop a feel for how much glue, how long to wait and from what I've been hearing, alot of that has to do with where you live, the humidity level.

I'm in the northeast, I'm ready to start cutting after about 4 minutes. My friends in florida have to leave and come back 1/2 later after they've let it 'cure'. Other friends in the northwest can't even use the slice glue at all, they use a spray type.

Let us know how this works out for you.

Page 2 of 8 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics