Username Post: Late night scrapping...        (Topic#1509151)
Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 07-05-09 08:41 PM

Is anyone still awake and scrapping? I managed to get two pages done today in the few hours that bf had our son out and about. It was so nice to have some "me alone time" and to get some uninterrupted scrappy time. I even got some cleaning and laundry done I'm going to attempt to finish one more page before midnight then I'm hitting the sack! Both bf and ds are asleep on the couches in the livingroom and snoring up a storm! I should take advantage of this sort of quiet time! lol

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Lal

I'm scrapping Nice and quiet, finished a page too!

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to CommaHolly

I'm awake.. and stuck!! Ugh. I am sick of looking at this LO.. I can NOT figure out what embellies I want to use OR a title. How can you get a cool title out of a company picnic LO? Especially when I just recently scrapped DH's co. picnic.. and guess what my clever title was.. wait for it... "THE Picnic". Oh help. I just want to finish this LO!!! The pps I'm using have butterflies and flowers on it.. but i don't want to overdo it with the flowers. Anyone have any suggestions for embellies????

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

10:05 Pacific Time & I'm up scrapping!

Just finished a 8x8 Recipe LO.

(Um, Then again, I'm on a different time-pattern than everyone else!...so time isn't the issue)

It's 3:05pm where I'm at!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to raindancer

lace, buttons, anything gingham,,,,

How about "The Ants Came marching 2 by 2" for a title???

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Kelli, where on EARTH do you live?? Like Tahiti or Bora Bora or something???

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

First thing that came to mind was patterned picnic tablecloth.

Maybe double your letters?

Thickers?

Alternate, Mix up a letter or 2.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

The island of Guam.

Moved here last month.

Due to a military move.

Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 07-05-09 09:11 PM

• raindancer Said:
I'm awake.. and stuck!! Ugh. I am sick of looking at this LO.. I can NOT figure out what embellies I want to use OR a title. How can you get a cool title out of a company picnic LO? Especially when I just recently scrapped DH's co. picnic.. and guess what my clever title was.. wait for it... "THE Picnic". Oh help. I just want to finish this LO!!! The pps I'm using have butterflies and flowers on it.. but i don't want to overdo it with the flowers. Anyone have any suggestions for embellies????

I don't have any ideas as far as embellies, but I had to laugh at your "wait for it...The Picnic" lol

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to KellyCali

Do you like it??? I hear it's GORGEOUS

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

In the past, I was always a late-night scrapper, but being on the board all hours of the day when no one else is, is even more weird.

I just keep my computer clock on Cali-time.

Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 07-05-09 09:12 PM

• CommaHolly Said:
Kelli, where on EARTH do you live?? Like Tahiti or Bora Bora or something???

LOL Holly! I was thinking the same thing!

Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 07-05-09 09:14 PM
In response to Lal

WOW! It's only the afternoon in Guam? That always freaks me out...when there's THAT big a difference in the time zones...crazy!

Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 07-05-09 09:14 PM
In response to Lal

Let's see your page, Holly

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Lal

I'll upload in the AM,,,I'd have to wake DH to get the other puter out that I can easily d/l pics to,,hmphs,,,the man doesnt CARE to be woken up when he's getting up at 5am,,,silly man!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Lal

As mentioned, just finished up a recipe card.

It was for a challenge, in which we had to use up items in the SuperStore from our stash that we've been holding onto, but have yet to use.

Let me link the product.

Off the top of my head...Hot dogs, Hamburgers, BBQ, watermelon...

p.s. Definitely ants!...They are always welcome! (well at least on LO's anyhow!)

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to KellyCali

stickle ants would be a DARLING embellie, and I bet you could do it easily with black or brown stickles!!!

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to Lal

Hey guys, I've got a dilemma maybe you can help. I just finished a LO last week and I'm thinking of loading it up.. I tried out Miss Sweden's cardstock flowers and I'm feeling pretty good about the LO as it is a bit different from my usual style. Here's the rub.. it was from my dear friends wedding in 2006. (Yes I'm operating at 3 yrs behind currently..lol) Anyway, she is just in the beginnings of a divorce right now. It was a bit weird scrapping those photos. So my dilemma is, should I NOT upload that LO? I don't know if she'd be against me putting up some of her wedding photos or not..and right now that's just not even a question I want to ask, you know?? What do you guys think? Is it was inappropriate to load that into my gallery ?? (even if I am dying to show off these flowers that I spent DAYS figuring out how to make!!)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Lal

• Lal Said:
WOW! It's only the afternoon in Guam? That always freaks me out...when there's THAT big a difference in the time zones...crazy!

We're actually a whole day ahead.

Guam's saying...Guam U.S.A. Where America's Day Begins.

Let me just say, having to wait on brand new stateside movies and the New Fall TV schedule is going to be way harder than I thought.

In my case, I'd rather not look or know, what's what when it comes to what is Coming Soon!

raindancer
Governor
raindancer

Ooh.. I like the idea of the ants.. hmmm..

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

• CommaHolly Said:

Yes! And yes is IS!!

Private Beaches, Fish, Sand, Shells, Coral Reefs etc. It's your everday paradise!

(Pictures soon to come to my Gallery, I promise!)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

On Pg. 2 already!

Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 07-05-09 09:24 PM

• raindancer Said:
Hey guys, I've got a dilemma maybe you can help. I just finished a LO last week and I'm thinking of loading it up.. I tried out Miss Sweden's cardstock flowers and I'm feeling pretty good about the LO as it is a bit different from my usual style. Here's the rub.. it was from my dear friends wedding in 2006. (Yes I'm operating at 3 yrs behind currently..lol) Anyway, she is just in the beginnings of a divorce right now. It was a bit weird scrapping those photos. So my dilemma is, should I NOT upload that LO? I don't know if she'd be against me putting up some of her wedding photos or not..and right now that's just not even a question I want to ask, you know?? What do you guys think? Is it was inappropriate to load that into my gallery ?? (even if I am dying to show off these flowers that I spent DAYS figuring out how to make!!)

What if you cut out small square of paper and cover up the faces...so you are just showing off the page and not so much the pics?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Adrienne? If she's on HERE, I wouldn't,,,If you don't even want to ASK, I can imagine it won't be pretty if she sees them,,,

any way to cover those photos with DIFFERENT photos so you can upload here??

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Lal

Will your friend know or find out?

If so, I agree about maybe covering them up in some way & including a note in your description.

Hmm...

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to Lal

I thought of that.. maybe blurring their faces with photoshop. I'll play with it some. Almost every pic would have to be blurred though.. it might not be all that pretty after I doctor the pic.. I'll see what it looks like I guess, then decide.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Just as an option, you can always include and or share it in a Friends Only/Password Album.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to KellyCali

I'd just stick photos OVER photos for the u/l shots, and remove when done,,,

If she's not on here, and doesn't look at your gallery, you could easily blur or cut scraps of paper for the faces,,,

raindancer
Governor
raindancer

Oh, and no she's not on here.. but I don't know, I feel weird about it.

raindancer
Governor
raindancer

Holly, what does u/l mean? That one flew right over my head, I'll admit.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

p.s. Would a temporary, unattached, flower OR flowers placed over their faces look too weird, and as you say, mess up or lose the main look of the LO?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:

Yes! And yes is IS!!

Private Beaches, Fish, Sand, Shells, Coral Reefs etc. It's your everday paradise!

(Pictures soon to come to my Gallery, I promise!)

Oh good!!!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

• raindancer Said:
Holly, what does u/l mean? That one flew right over my head, I'll admit.

I'm sorry,,,upload

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I'm sorry your friend is getting divorced,,,that's tough, and for you too,,,you feel like you're walking on egg shells, I bet,,,

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
p.s. Would a temporary, unattached, flower OR flowers placed over their faces look too weird, and as you say, mess up or lose the main look of the LO?

I'm not sure. I think I'll play with it for a little bit. If I can't figure out how to show it without messing it up.. I'll just leave it out I guess. blah. Now if I could just walk away from sb.com for a minute... lol

raindancer
Governor
raindancer

• CommaHolly Said:
I'm sorry your friend is getting divorced,,,that's tough, and for you too,,,you feel like you're walking on egg shells, I bet,,,

Its tough only in that you have to be understanding that sometimes she wants to rant, sometimes she wants to chat, and sometimes she wants to be left the h*ll alone. And to not take that personal. She's kind of in a leave me alone stage at the moment. But its been hectic.. she's made the decision to leave, got a new house 3 states away..and moved herself, 2 kids and a dog AND started a new business in the past two months. I'm giving her some "time" to settle in. And am looking forward to some catch up time next month. (We live pretty far from each other..)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

• raindancer Said:

Red, White, Black.
Red, Black, Green.
Red, White, Black, Yellow.
Red, White & Blue.
Red, White, Black, Kraft.

Ants Go Marching
Backyard Barbecue
Bar-B-Q Time
Barbecue Bash
Boy Meets Grill
Burnt Offerings
Cookout
Eating Out
Family BBQ
Fun, Food, and Bar-B-Q
Have A Picnic Indoors, Less Bugs
It Wouldn't Be A Picnic Without The Ants
Let's Have A Picnic
Life's A Picnic
Lunch In The Great Outdoors
Lunch In The Park
Men Do It On The Grill
No Ants Invited!!
Picnic In The Park
Rainy Day Picnic
The Teddy Bear Picnic
Thrilling Grilling
Who Brought The Watermelon?
With You, Every Day's A Picnic

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to KellyCali

But yes, eggshells describes it quite nicely.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to KellyCali

lol, I like boy meets grill!

raindancer
Governor
raindancer

Oohh.. I like Picnic in the Park (since it was in fact, in the park).. and I like Who Brought the Watermelon too.

oohh.. ladybugs too. You're getting my creative juices going. Thanks Kelly!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

• raindancer Said:

wow, 2 kids in the bargain too,,,poor thing,,,

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
  • raindancer Said:

oh God, that sounded horrible,,,I didn't mean that the way it sounded,,,kids are wonderful, but it IS harder raising them alone is all I meant

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

• raindancer Said:
Oohh.. I like Picnic in the Park (since it was in fact, in the park).. and I like Who Brought the Watermelon too.

oohh.. ladybugs too. You're getting my creative juices going. Thanks Kelly!!!

Yay & You're Welcome!

raindancer
Governor
raindancer

• CommaHolly Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:
  • raindancer Said:

oh God, that sounded horrible,,,I didn't mean that the way it sounded,,,kids are wonderful, but it IS harder raising them alone is all I meant

No, I know what you meant. It makes the situation more complicated for sure. I'm sad for her. I really wanted her to have that fairy tale happiness... but it just really didn't work out that way.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to KellyCali

one problem solved

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I bought pp today from me and My Big Ideas,,,and it's SUPPOSED to have 2 of each sheet,but my fav sheet there is only ONE of,,,It didn't appear to be opened,,,just ODD,,,,,,

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

• raindancer Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:
  • raindancer Said:

No, I know what you meant. It makes the situation more complicated for sure. I'm sad for her. I really wanted her to have that fairy tale happiness... but it just really didn't work out that way.

LOL, I've been married for 26 years, and sometimes the "fairy tale" happiness, is the TROLL who loves under the bridge!!!!!!!! God I love him, but PERFECTION it is NOT,,,lol,,,but at the end of the day, he's my soulmate,,,and I'm sorry she didn't get that

raindancer
Governor
raindancer

Well, doesn't that just figure? Does every other sheet have 2? You could call the co. most of them are super at customer service.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

every other sheet has 2,,,it's almost like someone REMOVED one,,,,,but I do not see how they could have,,,just ODD stuck in the MIDDLE of the pad like that,,,

Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 07-05-09 09:49 PM

I finished my page! For being a "simple" page...it took me about 40 minutes! It's a lift off a woman's blog that I like to visit for inspiration. Her name is Leslie. I have her blog linked on the sidebar of my blog. Anyway, here it is Thanks for keeping me company ladies, but it is now almost one a.m. and I should really get to bed. Got some cleaning to do tomorrow AND then I have to hit the gym in the afternoon with bf. I've been dieting and exercising for 3 weeks now and I've lost six pounds..YAY!! Anyway..good night ladies...I came, I scrapped...I'm going to bed

Me & You
By Lal

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

I've had that happen from M's before.

It was suppose to have 36 sheets, but after I got home and started ripping them out myself, only then did I notice that the last couple of sheets had been ripped out. A list also fell out.

I figure either someone used it for a class demo or someone just used what they wanted or needed and dared to exchange it days or even months later!

Papers paper & money is money!

Money doesn't grow on trees and for the trees that are used up in order to make our pretty paper possible, I wanted my speciality paper...and yes, M's, I want ALL of it!

(Scenerio - Kids in tow, ladies in same row...the last thing we are thinking is to sit there and hafta count it piece-by-piece or product-by- product!)

raindancer
Governor
raindancer

[quote=CommaHolly][quote= raindancer][quote=CommaHo lly][quote=CommaHolly][qu ote=raindancer]But yes, eggshells describes it quite nicely.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL, I've been married for 26 years, and sometimes the "fairy tale" happiness, is the TROLL who loves under the bridge!!!!!!!! God I love him, but PERFECTION it is NOT,,,lol,,,but at the end of the day, he's my soulmate,,,and I'm sorry she didn't get that
[/quote]

LOL, I know what you mean. My own personal Troll has been driving me a bit mad for a week. I got sick..geez.. in about an hr from now..it will be exactly a week ago. I vasovagaled. Nice. Spent 3 days in the hospital. Double nice. And a longer story that you want to hear.. anyway.. the point is that he is now watching me like a freakin' hawk. Driving me completely insane. But I am trying to be understanding as he found me out cold and saw me stop breathing for about 30 seconds. The man has woken up with nightmares several times this week. sigh.

But seriously, how long can I live with the man questioning every single health choice I make every single minute of the day??

Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 07-05-09 09:52 PM

[quote=CommaHolly][quote= raindancer][quote=CommaHo lly][quote=CommaHolly][qu ote=raindancer]But yes, eggshells describes it quite nicely.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I want to be with someone that long And I know what you mean...I don't think that fairy tale endings exist. Relationships/marriages are work...if you want to make it last, you have to work at it and keep things fresh and not expect things to be "perfect" because God knows we are not perfect! I'm just realizing that now..as of lately. My bf is certainly not perfect (nor am I) and we don't see eye to eye on lots of things, but if at the end of the day we can still say we love each other...well, that's all I need

Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 07-05-09 09:53 PM

• CommaHolly Said:
every other sheet has 2,,,it's almost like someone REMOVED one,,,,,but I do not see how they could have,,,just ODD stuck in the MIDDLE of the pad like that,,,

Which MAMBI pad is this? I have one that I think has the same...some has two sheets others three...no continuity in the amount of pages per pattern...very weird.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Lal

That IS weird!

Hmm...

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Lal

oh come on ladies,,,,WE are perfect, and the faster they learn that the better Training takes a good 15 years!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Lal

• Lal Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:

Which MAMBI pad is this? I have one that I think has the same...some has two sheets others three...no continuity in the amount of pages per pattern...very weird.

It says, Renee Argyle green,,,,

says on the front 48 sheets, 2 of each design,,,

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

and yes, I bought it at M's,,,I actually wen t to the bottom of the stack, though, because the first was opened, 2 pages were bent AND there was an ad in chinese or something in there!~!!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Troll.

LOL!

Miss Holly, you crack me up!

Note: Did you get it from your grandma & her famous sayings (that you have referred to in the past?)

Do me a favor and every now and then, write these down for us somewhere. I'll read your blog or buy Grandma's Little Book Of Sayings anyday!

p.s. 2 a day while you wait for 'Late Girl' and you'll be done in no time!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

When I say 'it', I mean your quick-wit & snappy sayings!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Sounds like M's has a Troll of it's own!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to KellyCali

ROFL,,,Grandma had LOTS of sayings, that is for sure but not this one,,,,the troll is mine I married him He's a nice troll though

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
Sounds like M's has a Troll of it's own!

surely does,,,oh well, live and learn, I could call CS, but not sure there's much they could do about it NOW,,,

mail me one sheet of paper?? LOL,,,I'll be more careful next time,,,

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Lal

• Lal Said:
I finished my page! For being a "simple" page...it took me about 40 minutes! It's a lift off a woman's blog that I like to visit for inspiration. Her name is Leslie. I have her blog linked on the sidebar of my blog. Anyway, here it is Thanks for keeping me company ladies, but it is now almost one a.m. and I should really get to bed. Got some cleaning to do tomorrow AND then I have to hit the gym in the afternoon with bf. I've been dieting and exercising for 3 weeks now and I've lost six pounds..YAY!! Anyway..good night ladies...I came, I scrapped...I'm going to bed

Me & You
By Lal

Posting too fast...Looks pretty! Going back to comment and leave ya some love!

Thanks for starting the chat. Maybe we can all be sure to meet here, same time-ish, same place!

raindancer
Governor
raindancer

yawn... girls, I'd better turn in. It was great chatting. Thanks for all of the ideas.. I'm gonna let them stew overnight. And hopefully I'll finish it up tomorrow.

Have a great night!

Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 07-05-09 10:06 PM
In response to KellyCali

Thanks! Yes, we should! I prefer scrapping late at night when everyone is asleep and it's quiet Okay, this time I'm REALLY off to bed. Good night ladies....Except for Kelly in Guam who isn't going to bed anytime soon! lol

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Lal

lol, goodnight Lal, the page looks awesome

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Night Adrienne,,,,

I guess I'm turning in too,,,it's after twi am here,,,

Night you guys Have fun, Kelli

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Lal

Same here!

Instead, heads off to go start dinner & later post some LO's!

(It's just funny & weird with the time, I know!)

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to KellyCali

lol, I can't sleep!

Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 07-06-09 11:39 AM

I've continued my scrapping today! Almost done with another page...I must have the mojo right now Anyone else scrapping?

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Lal

It's nearing the later hours for you all, so I thought I'd jci.

With all the late night scrapping & discussion, I'm already suspecting that many of you might just go to bed early tonight!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Well, hopefully you're all out living life and making some new memories to scrap!

Me, I'm headed to bed (midnight here in 10 minutes!)...Haha!

I've since made a stack of LO's. Tomorrow, I will be finishing up the last of 11!

Insert scrappy mojo!

(passing some your way)

Keep Care Late Ones!

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to KellyCali

I did some scrapping last night too, but not too late. Well, I was up until about 1am, but I was also watching a movie and surfing online;)

Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 07-08-09 09:08 AM
In response to shopgirlaudi

I didn't do any late night scrapping last night. I woke up early and by the end of the day, I was POOPED! I do plan to try to do some scrapping in a while. I just got some new goodies in the mail: the Early Bird Collection and two Collage Press collections...Knave of Hearts and Sweet Shoppe

scrapbookdiva76
Veteran
scrapbookdiva76

sorry ladies..I wasnt even up when all the chatting was going on!..lol

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to scrapbookdiva76

I NEED the Collage Press papers!!! I want to scrap later tonight too. We shall see how it goes...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics