Username Post: Anyone from Northern MI?        (Topic#1509273)
MrsPreK
New Kid On the Block
MrsPreK

Just curious =)

MommyofPandE
Guru
MommyofPandE
In response to MrsPreK

It depends on how northern you mean. I live south of Manistee, but north of Muskegon. I guess that makes me mid-Michigan, huh?

anggee
anggee 
New Kid On the Block
anggee
In response to MommyofPandE

I'm in East Jordan...

New Kid On the Block
In response to MrsPreK

I live in Alanson. (near petoskey and pellston)

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to kamber999

I am in Sault Ste. Marie, where are you?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to scrap4brains

Welcome to the site, all you newbies!

MrsPreK
New Kid On the Block
MrsPreK

I'm in Petoskey!

=D

betsgratiot
Veteran
betsgratiot
In response to MrsPreK

I'm in Traverse City. It's Cherry Festival Week - get me outta here! Great week to be cardmaking!

MrsPreK
New Kid On the Block
MrsPreK
In response to betsgratiot

I'd really like to hit TC before my 2nd baby comes (c/s August 10th)!!

betsgratiot, are there any decent SB stores other than Michaels (We only have a Joanns up here)? I think there is one on South Airport?

Have you hit up Michaels for the clearance Sizzix Alphas by any chance? I wish we had a Michaels up here =(

My brother lives in Detroit and is checking down there for them for me =)

Edited by MrsPreK on 07-10-09 11:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Veteran
In response to MrsPreK

I AM FROM TRAVERSE CITY TOO.

MrsPreK
New Kid On the Block
MrsPreK
In response to SHARON ELISE

It;s nice to see other Northern MI people on here!

Has anyone been over to www.twospeasinabucket.com?

They have a nice message board over there too - not as good of local boards though =)

betsgratiot
Veteran
betsgratiot
In response to SHARON ELISE

Hey! Welcome! This has been a really great site so far, I'm addicted to it. I've been doing more reading than scrapping since I found this site this week. What kind of things do you do? I used to create scrap books, lost interest in that, a friend got me into cards about a year ago and really have enjoyed that. After being on this site, there is so much inspiration for me, I may start doing my books again. I'm a mom of 2 kids ages 21 and 16 - I work during the school year and am mostly off during the summer. How about you? Looking forward to hearing from you.

mamamouse
New Kid On the Block
mamamouse

I'm from the U.P.... Marquette.

MrsPreK
New Kid On the Block
MrsPreK
In response to mamamouse

Welcome mamamouse!!

DH is from Esky - we're actually heading up there to his family's camp this weekend =)

MrsPreK
New Kid On the Block
MrsPreK

Went to TC today - stopped into Forget Me Not Scrapbooking. What a great store!! They even had the new Cosmo Cricket Snorkel line!!! Very excited about that

I also got a Sizzix Big Kick for $50 using the 50% off Michaels coupon. I did (2) transactions B2B. I tried doing a 3rd and the cashier kinda got annoyed, lol....

Can you tell I'm a couponer?? Wasn't a big deal though, lol, I only paid a few bucks oop for a glue pen

scrappincgwife
Idol
scrappincgwife
In response to MrsPreK

I LOVED Forget me not! Such an adorable little store. That and The Scrapper's Attic. I miss them both.

I wish I'd been on the site a year ago when I lived in Cheboygan. I was so close to all of you!

scrappincgwife
Idol
scrappincgwife
In response to MrsPreK

• MrsPreK Said:

betsgratiot, are there any decent SB stores other than Michaels (We only have a Joanns up here)? I think there is one on South Airport?

Have you hit up Michaels for the clearance Sizzix Alphas by any chance? I wish we had a Michaels up here =(

Is The Scrapper's Attic not in the Ben Franklin's in Petoskey anymore? I always found such great stuff there and they had crop nights that were so much fun!

Edited by scrappincgwife on 07-21-09 07:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to scrappincgwife

Hi all,

I am new to the area and new to the site but not to scrapping, I just moved to Gaylord and love it and tomorrow I am setting up hte studio ( yes the entire basement is mine to scrap decorate and have fun and set up classes. I sell stampin UP as a hobby but thinking of making it more than a hobby. I have been scrapping and card making for about 12 years now and love it.. Can't wait for September when I have weekly clases and free scrappin dates.

MrsPreK
New Kid On the Block
MrsPreK
In response to scrappincgwife

• scrappincgwife Said:
  • MrsPreK Said:

Is The Scrapper's Attic not in the Ben Franklin's in Petoskey anymore? I always found such great stuff there and they had crop nights that were so much fun!

It is....but their selection, IMO, is kinda limited. They do have some nice stuff but it is very expensive. I wish they would be willing to honor Joann's or Michael's coupons...that would be great!!

MrsPreK
New Kid On the Block
MrsPreK
In response to kerleyskreations

• kerleyskreations Said:
Hi all,

I am new to the area and new to the site but not to scrapping, I just moved to Gaylord and love it and tomorrow I am setting up hte studio ( yes the entire basement is mine to scrap decorate and have fun and set up classes. I sell stampin UP as a hobby but thinking of making it more than a hobby. I have been scrapping and card making for about 12 years now and love it.. Can't wait for September when I have weekly clases and free scrappin dates.

Welcome!! You will have to keep us updated on your classes and scrappin dates =D

MrsPreK
New Kid On the Block
MrsPreK
In response to MrsPreK

Hey all! Hope everyone's summer is going well =)

I haven't been scrapping much lately....I recently had my 2nd baby (a little girl) on 7/25. I was scheduled for a repeat c/s on 8/10 and she decided to come a bit (4 weeks!! LOL) early.

I'd like to get back into things but I'm sure you all know what it's like having a new LO around. My DS is only 13 months old too, so I have my hand full =D

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to MrsPreK

Congrats on the new baby!

I am in Sault Ste. Marie. We have a rinky-dink Joann's and a pretty good art supply store but not worth the drive up here.

You scrappers in the northern lower, have you been to Arnie's in Houghton Lake? It is one of the best scrap stores I have ever been to.

momofasoldier
Idol
momofasoldier

I live in Negaunee...which is about 12 miles west of Marquette. I work in Marquette at the hospital there.

betsgratiot
Veteran
betsgratiot
In response to momofasoldier

Hi ladies, haven't checked in here in quite awhile. I've never been to Arnies before, although I've heard about it. May have to take a day trip down there and check them out.

Congrats Mrs.PreK on your new baby girl! Little girls are so much fun! I had a son first and then my daughter - had way too much fun dressing her up and stuff. Now she's 16 going on 21 and will not wear anything "cute or too girly". Enjoy it while you can.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Arnie's is worth the drive. My sister lives near Novi and our mom lives here. We drive half way for the grandma hand-offs but now I go a little farther so we can meet in Houghton Lake.

mamamouse
New Kid On the Block
mamamouse

momofasoldier- you aren't the same Terri that used to do classes at Michaels occasionally, are you? I had been desperately searchong for somewhere to take classes, and they had just stopped them. I've not been able to find anywhere in the MQT area that does scrapping or cardmaking classes.
On a happy note- I'm going to Appleton this weekend- get to hit Hobby Lobby, Joann's and a couple of scrapping stores. Not that I need any more "stuff". Now, I need to learn how to use up the "stuff".

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mamamouse

There are a lot of great classes on YouTube.

New Kid On the Block
In response to MrsPreK

Hello all - My name is Annie and I live in Mio. I scrap with a group of ladies from my church as well as I host a Scrapbooking Retreat in Houghton Lake each spring and fall. If anyone is interested please let me know and I will get you the info. The spring dates are April 30-May 2.

bbarror
Expert
bbarror
In response to MrsPreK

Hello Michiganders!
I live near West Branch and have a sis-in-law that just got started scrapping in T.C. Nice meeting you all! Scrap on! Barb

bbarror
Expert
bbarror

Yep been to Arnies! Have you been to the "Scrapbook Nook" in West Branch? New owner and it has a lot of product and reasonable too! It's on the main drag downtown. BB

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to bbarror

Now that you mention it, I don't think I have ever actually been in West Branch, just flying by on I75.

sunshineann
Resident
sunshineann

Im in T.C.

treelyn
Tenant
treelyn
In response to sunshineann

congrats on the new little one!!!

I am in muskegon, i have lived here for about 5 years now, moved from a semi small town called Adrian MI..

scrappyrachel
New Kid On the Block
scrappyrachel
In response to treelyn

I actually live in southern Michigan, but we travel to the U.P. every summer. I just learned about a scrapbook store in St. Ignace. It is in the Victorian Village gift shop. She is going to start selling a lot of Michigan related scrapbook items.

myupnorthfun
New Kid On the Block
myupnorthfun
In response to MrsPreK

Hi everyone - I'm new to this site and kinda of new to scrapbooking/cardmaking - been at it for about a year.

Regarding Arnie's - their store is great - I also like the Scrapbook Nook in West Branch - where I live. Michelle at the Nook (owner) is fantastic and willing to answer questions and show you how to do things. She has classes and has a work table you can use anytime. You can use her tools for a couple of bucks per hour - I did that when I was first starting - before buying tools. Sorry for the long post - I'm excite to find this site!

myupnorthfun
New Kid On the Block
myupnorthfun
In response to anniemiteen

I'm interested in your Crop in Houghton Lake. I live in West Branch (really the Lost City of Damon) and I'm not very far from Mio. Would appreciate info on the Houghton Lake Crop. Thanks

New Kid On the Block
In response to anniemiteen

I also do crops in Houghton Lake..Are you doing any this year?(2012) Mine are fund raisers but am always looking for one to go to myself. Thank you, Tina

croppincandice
New Kid On the Block
croppincandice
In response to Silly Grandma

I host Scrapbook Weekends in Traverse City - 2 Fall Dates Available: Oct. 26-28th & Nov. 9-11th + Thursday Add-On Option Available!:) Rates start @ $150.00 for 4 per room. Would be happy to email my info. letter if you're interested.
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: Candice's Scrapbooking Michigan

Edited by croppincandice on 05-15-12 03:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics