Page 1 of 200 
Username Post: mad chatters.....still chattin        (Topic#1509927)
melissadam
Angel
melissadam

So we got a little long winded.........who knew?

This group is open to anyone who would like to stop by and chat ..........but I warn you ....we are truly mad! LOL

Edited by melissadam on 05-12-10 04:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa
In response to melissadam

but the crazy shooppers thread is wayyyyy longer whats the deal?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to nuskrappa

good point, Crissy,,,,,,I dunno, all I know is that is what sb.com advised the grammies to do,,,,,,,,,make a new thread

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to CommaHolly

I had similar problems on the gallery race thread........I don't know but this was easy enough.........

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

some people just put up with the problem, so just because a thread is LONGER, doesn't mean they're not having the problem,,,,,,,it might just mean it doesnt bother them, or they choose to do nothing about it,,,,

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

hmmm.... very interesting.

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa
In response to nuskrappa

i hate typing out a whole post and then having it disappear!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Hi everyone! how are you doing??

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to nuskrappa

it will usually appear at some point, Crissy,,,usually if someone posts another post,,it's just frustrating,,,

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to StarsNSparkles

Hi Steph!

I agree Cris! .........but they do eventually appear............thats what happened to me earlier..........I retyped then the original appeared magically..........

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

hey steph!! im doing ok, getting sleepy now. lol

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to nuskrappa

Cris .........thanks for the love in my gallery! .......I had sooooo much fun going through my scraps! ..........you should try the use your scraps challenge!

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa
In response to nuskrappa

whew.. got my stuff ready for the morning. i gotta leave about 30 mins earlier in the morning. molly is going to get groomed. yay!! lol i have to drop her off in the morning and then pick her up after work. will be a long day for her.

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

theres a lot of things i should try. hehehe maybe i will sometime. i still wanna try making those mini books that holly makes plus cards. there is just soo much to do. dang ole work always gets in the way!! lol

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to nuskrappa

yea.........I forget everyone doesn't have alot of time on their hands like I do............

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

lol i would have plenty of time in the evenings if i didnt enjoy sitting on my arse in front of the computer sooo much! lol

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to nuskrappa

LOL!..........well its time to go read.........good book! ........I'll talk to you tomorrow!

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

k..nite nite.. me too!! nite all!

nonnysbooks
Veteran
nonnysbooks
In response to nuskrappa

Nite all, got my toy out of the boxes, but after 11 hours in a conference today, I'm too tired to start playing with it.

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to nuskrappa

Hey ladies!! I wish I had had plenty of time to scrap too!!! I feel like I haven't done anything in forever!! I did spend all of my budget today though...oops! (well I have $11 left :)) I bought the slice with 4 cards for $89! I can't believe the deal that I got on it!! I can't wait for it to come! I know i spent it all on the wrong thing, but I am sooooo excited about my purchase! After a bad day it really made me feel better!! Well, I am off to bed!! Have a great night!!!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to llprncess3

I didnt know we had a new thread i must have missed that post was at work ALLL day

Jana great buy on the slice!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Too late again...lol...story of my life!!

Eltringham
Idol
Eltringham

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to Eltringham

Well, glad I found you! I'm trying to psych myself up for leaving the grandkids tomorrow. You can do it - you can do it - you can do it -

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to johnsusan8

Good morning everyone! Just got a call from DH that he is mandated...UGH...now, I have to put DS in daycare again today...that sucks! He cries when I drop him off, it really breaks my heart! Was definitely looking forward to a day when he could stay with DH.

Jana...I'm glad you got the slice! I'm also very glad to see you back on here and chatting with us once again...we've missed you!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Good morning ladies,,,

Miss late girl is getting better,,,,,,,she was only SIX minutes late this morning That's a full minute earlier than she has been,,,,,

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

He's just getting used to it Steph,,,,he probably has a ball the minute you walk out of the room honey,,,,

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

OH I know he does fine a few minutes after I leave and it doesn't bother me when he is there during the day...I know he is having fun...I just hate having to hear him cry! The ladies tell me that kids that have been there for 3 years still cry when their moms leave!

WOW....I'm impressed!!! A WHOLE minute!!! LOL....I can understand how that would get on your nerves soooooo stinkin' bad!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

yep, a WHOLLLLLLLLLLE minute!!!!!!!! she pulled in RIGHT behind the manager, who, said NOTHING as far as I know,,,,,of course, I don't know what was siad in the parking lot!

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3

Morning ladies!!!

Steph I am glad to be back and talking again...I have been having withdrawals I am soooo excited about my new toy!!

About day care, I have worked in a child care facility for about 10 years now and all children go through that. Usually after about a week or so the crying stops and they realize they like it there. Sometimes it takes a little longer for some, but they all have a blast while they are there. I know it isn't any fun to have to leave your child crying, but it will pass! Sorry you have to be going through this, I know you don't like it.

Hey Cris, Holly, Michelle, Tante, Shawn, Mandi, and everyone else!! Have a great day!!!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

Good morning ladies!!!

ok.............my new challenge.............alot of us are facing something that frustrates us & is making us sad...........lets do a page focusing on what is wonderful in our life today ........

I am so sad that I don't have my job anymore & because of that I don't have scrappy $ & I spend alot of time alone

heres the challenge:

at least 1 pic
must have journaling telling what we love about our current situation
at least 2 PP
must have bling.........gems, stickles, pearl, etc

optional twist: try a technique you haven't tried

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

wow thats a tough challenge what to scrap about hmmm. the only thing I can think of is my dd LOL.

mornign ladies

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to Briannasmom

Yay! Mandi ...........good idea! ..........love that you are considering this challenge!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

yes I think I will do it I have a few pictures left to scrap from when she was a baby. now to think..

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

Can't wait to see it! ..........I haven't even figured out what I'm gonna do!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

I have to get 2 altered items out the way first though. I cant wait to start on my lo though.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

OOOOOOOOOOO what are you altering?

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

I'm back in Louisiana!

I am so PO'd at UPS. While we were gone, we had the garage doors closed. They never knock on my door, just drop off the package(s) on my steps inside the garage. (My sweet dog barks very loudly at anyone in the garage.) Anyway, the deliverer put my scrappy package outside, on the sidewalk - that's okay - we live in a great neighborhood, BUT it was right under the drainspout and IT RAINED. Someone is extremely lucky that the contents were all packed in plastic except for the ribbon that just has to dry out. The box literally fell apart in my hands!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

Tante that is the second UPS stupid mistake I heard today! ............glad your stuff was ok.......

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

I woudl COMPLAIN to the usps!! sorry to hear they did that!!

sorry Michelle didnt mean to leave ya hanging
I am altering a 3 ring binder for a pal in a swap and a lunch box for a little girl in a swap I have Brianna in.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I will have to give your challenge some though Michelle....but I will probably do it, just have to finish my current LO I am working on first.

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3

Tante that is aweful! I would totally complain! That just isn't right, they don't care about the packages!!

Michelle your challenge sounds like a tough one! I may have to try it out!

I have to go back to work tonight, so I will talk to you all later or tomorrow!!

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

hi all!!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to nuskrappa

Hi Everyone!

If it was easy I wouldn't call it a challenge!

Mandi.......no problem i was just talking between other stuff.......... you didn't leave me hangin' ...... can't wait to see your altered projects ............How cute ...a swap for kids!

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

hey michelle!!

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut

sounds like a great challenge! I am pretty bad about being able to work on more than 1 lo at a time and I am working on disney pics at the moment. I may have to work out of my "comfort zone" and try it anyway!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to crazycricut

hey Cris tell me about your twitter!

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

ok!! this cracke3d me up!! i am going to quote it..this is a post from ellen degeneres...

TheEllenShow: Who doesn’t like clean dishes? Win a Frigidaire Dishwasher and may all your clean dish dreams come true.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to nuskrappa

Do you feel like she was talking to you?

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to nuskrappa

Hi everyone! Yes, Tante, I would complain too!! Hey, I was wondering today, remember when we were talking about skulls and you said you had seen one on a wedding LO and asked the girl about it...did she ever respond????

Hi Cris and Michelle!

Jana...what job do you have that you work nights?

Welcome crazycricut!!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

You know....I hated hand washing dishes, I couldn't wait to get a dishwasher. When we bought our home, my parents bought us a dishwasher for a housewarming gift and I was soooooooooo excited....until I started using it! I swear, it does not get my dishes clean! I don't know if it is the water or the actual dishwasher or what it is, but I am constantly having to wash off my supposedly clean dishes! Now, we always put it on pots and pans for the hottest wash to help with getting stuff clean...but to me, it's just not worth it...I've considered just going back to hand washing them all!!!

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

hi steph!!!

lstory 
Mayor
In response to nuskrappa

Last time I really looked at sb.com was 7/4 and Original Recipe Mad Chatters was on pg 111. I've been reading like a maniac and am up to page 147 out of 171 over there - whew! I just popped in to say I haven't foresaken you and I'm really bummed on missing the Fairy Godmother swap. I mean, is vacation really worth it?

back in a bit!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to nuskrappa

Steph.......when I got my new dishwasher the delivery guy told me to run the hot water in the sink first...........If you don't the water that goes into the dishwasher isn't hot so it doesn't clean well........ ever since I've had no problem with dirty dishes coming out of the dishwasher!

Now on the other hand...........I have a sink full of dirty dishes!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

Hi Lisa! we missed you!

lstory 
Mayor

Hi, Michelle! Would you pm me that stamp site? Can you tell where I am in the old thread??? I don't have any more stamp storage room, but has that ever stopped anyone?

Lisa

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to lstory

ok no problem!

lstory 
Mayor

Oooh, Tante, muffalattas! I miss having easy access to those (don't miss too much about Houston, though).

Lisa

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa
In response to lstory

hi lisa!!!

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

geeeez..what is it with you and dishes??!!! lol

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to nuskrappa

Just waitin' on you! LOL

lstory 
Mayor
In response to nuskrappa

Hi, Cris!

Shawn, have you read Patricia Briggs? She's written four books about Mercy Thompson, who's a mechanic who also happens to be a shape-shifter. They're awesome! Set today in Washington state, very ordinary life except that vampires, weres, fairies and whatnot are real - secret from the general population, but real.

I'm a big Potter fan myself; probably won't see the movie for a week or two to let the hysteria die down a bit, but I'm having an HP trivia contest at the library this weekend for my kids there. Blockbuster donated a weekly rental pass - one free rental a week for a whole year - so I'm guessing I'm gonna get a big turnout.

Lisa

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to lstory

Hey guess what...I found out I can be on here during work. I work at a health club. During the day I work summer camp, but I only get 33 hours out of that so I have to make up the other 7 somewhere. So tonight I have to work 6-10 and I worked tuesday night too so I should have 40 hours for the week. Yesterday I had to go to court, so that took out another 3 hours I had to make up too. I need my 40 hours so that I can get the money for my goodies and bills. I don't mind the 6-10 shift because I usually work on my projects. Last week I fixed my recipe book. I collect recipes I like and I write them in my book. Well I hadn't caught up in about a year so I used the 4 hours to write all my recipes. I just sit at the desk and hand out keys from 6-8n and after 8 I just have to wait for the volley ball girls to leave so I have nothing to do.

I need a new set of books. I finished all of the Anne Rice books a few months ago and read the Twilight books in 2 weeks. I go through books fairly quickly and it is hard to keep up with what is good and what isn't. I hate to get a book and it be boring. I love the vampire themed books or murder mystery books. But now I have nothing to read and nothing is very interesting. Any recommendations?

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3

That is too funny that I posted that right after you Lisa...those books sound awesome!!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

Jana .........I highly recommend Janet Evanovich number series.........about a female bounty hunter who is accident prone.......funny & interesting! .......Also am loving James Patterson Women's Murder Club series!

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3

Thanks Michelle, I will have to check that out too!! I am not a huge fan of James Peterson, but I do love Tami Hoag if you haven't read hers she is a murder mystery writer, but not FBI type. Usually the characters solve the murders without help of police. Good stuff.

lstory 
Mayor

Michelle, I haven't read any Stephanie Plums in years, but I still remember laughing til I couldn't breathe when her grandma shot the turkey - still makes me giggle. I gave up after getting kinda tired of the Is It This One or That One? back and forth.

Jana, there's also Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse series. Marjorie Liu and Rachel Caine write pretty good contemporary fantasy, too.

If you liked Twilight's combo of fantasy and simmering sexual tension, try the young adult section at your library or bookstore. Those books are full of raging hormones written at a PG-13 level! Sometimes it's better to leave a little something to the imagination...

And now that I have made it from page 111-171 and 1-4, I have to go put the kidlets to bed. I hate it when dh works late! I may be back or I may go finish a layout I'm working on - I haven't done anything since the first couple days of July. I worked a bit on the minibook of my daughter in her blue dress and made some flowers for a swap, but that's been it for a couple weeks.

I missed y'all!

Lisa

Edited by lstory on 07-15-09 04:56 PM. Reason for edit: I worked on a couple of her books back in the day, you'd think I'd remember how to spell Charlaine Harris's name...

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

• Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic Said:
Hi everyone! Yes, Tante, I would complain too!! Hey, I was wondering today, remember when we were talking about skulls and you said you had seen one on a wedding LO and asked the girl about it...did she ever respond????

Hi Cris and Michelle!

Jana...what job do you have that you work nights?

Welcome crazycricut!!!

No, she never responded. I think it was probably wanting to use a popular product or theme. Talk about cringing later on when she sees that!

I'll definitely complain to the UPS person if I can catch them!

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

sorry ive been mia for a little while.. i have been enjoying the eye candy on bb! lol

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to nuskrappa

Oh cris........

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

theres this guy jeff.. wowser!!

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to nuskrappa

Lisa...I heard about the Sookie books...that is what the show True Blood is made from! I love that show. I think I may start with those! You have all given me so much to read I can't wait to go pick up some books now!!

Cris you crack me up!

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

thanks lisa.. there will be another show tomorrow. maybe ill sell tickets and use the money to buy scrappy stuff!! lololololol

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to nuskrappa

I won't pay for the show but I will pay you to do my dishes!!!!!!! .............too busy vacuuming to talk..........gotta go!!!!!!!

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

hehehe

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to nuskrappa

What show...what did I miss?

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

The Cris show..........here every night from 7 til 11 EST..........don't blink you may miss alot!

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3

LOL...So true...I go away for a few days and I missed way too much. I enjoy this show!!

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

or u may fall asleep!!!!! lol

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

i accept visa and mastercard at paycris dot com!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to nuskrappa

• nuskrappa Said:
or u may fall asleep!!!!! lol

Cris you are the only one who falls asleep while on line!

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

oh yeah.. ooops!!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to nuskrappa

You guys are tooo funny!!!

I think I would cringe with that one Tante...when I saw the LO I wondered too because it just didn't fit, but to each his own. I'm not going to judge anyone.

Lisa...I'm sorry you missed the queen swap and if they want to extend it to 7 people for 7 months I am OK with that. I'm glad you are back from vacation!

Michelle...thanks for the tip...I will try that next time! I hate hand washing dishes...in fact, when the kids got old enough, that became their job!!

Well, I'm going to scrap for a while, will check back in in a bit.

lstory 
Mayor

I'm off to bed, although I might see if there's anything calling to me from the DVR. Bed would probably be the smarter decision, though, since there's that 39-inch-tall wakeup call at 5.30 tomorrow morning. Every night I think, Maybe he'll sleep in tomorrow, and every morning, there he is, standing by my side of the bed going, Momma? Momma?

Lisa

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to lstory

Steph, I missed that swap too...what is it all about?? I would love to join a swap!! I was totally burned on the last one, so I am very hesitant, but they always seem so fun!

Night Lisa!

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa
In response to lstory

lol.. i guess i am going to try to get to bed too. im wore out.. was sooo busy at work today. hehehehehee talk to yall tomrrw. nite nite

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to lstory

Good night Lisa.........I think I am going to read ........

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3

Awe...everyone is leaving! I still have 25 minutes of work...my eyes are closing already!

Have a great night everyone!! Talk to you all tomorrow!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I'm not in bed!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

It will follow the same rules as the queen swap you can find in the challenges forum if you want to read a complete rules. Basically, one of the people in the swap is chosen as queen. She makes a list (wish list) of all the stuff she wants, then all the other people in the swap spend $25 and send her the items only off of her wishlist. Each person gets a month to be queen. Basically, you spend $25 for 5 months then on your queen month, you spend nothing and get $125 in gifts (that is if there are 6 people). You can only buy the person items they have specifically asked for though, you cannot substitute or get close to.

We are only doing this amongst ourselves because we can trust eachother. Mandi is hosting since she has been involved in these before and the members are: Cris, Mandi, me, Shawn, Kim, and and and (OMG, I cannot remember the 6th person!!) Someone will have to remind me.

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3

Oh that sounds like so much fun!! I wanna do it too!! I know that I could trust you guys which would make me feel better about it. I have seen one like this for 12 months and you are a chosen month....maybe next time I can get in on this!!! I so want to be involved!!! Going to check it out!

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3

I can't find it!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

We aren't starting ours until August Jana...but the rules will be the same as the queen swap already in progress in the challenge thread...not our swap though. Ours will be called the Fairy Godmothers.

I am more than willing to make the group bigger and the swap longer if the other already in members are willing too. I know Lisa was sorry to miss and so were you. We could do 8 months 8 people. We may have to wait longer for our queen month, but we could get $50 extra in gifts that month...so we just need to ask the other members.

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3

Oh if they would be willing to do that I would so be in! I don't wnat to inconvenience anyone though. But that would be more $$ during the queen month If not I will so be in for the next one! Now these wishlist items is it all product from the superstore?

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

UM...you can build your products for your wishlist from the superstore, there is also a questionaire that will be filled out during your queen month for other items maybe not found in the superstore. You are not limited to buying from the superstore...you can shop for the items on the wishlist or questionaire wherever you can find the best price. You just cannot get them something they have not asked for.

For example if they have glimmer mist - sweet pea on their wishlist, you cannot go buy glimmer mist - lime and say "well, it's the same product and green"...you have to get exactly what they want, but you can get it wherever you want.

I wouldn't think it would be a problem to expand the group...I think everyone on here is pretty nice and giving and would be willing to include you.

nonnysbooks
Veteran
nonnysbooks

Nonny peeks in and waves sleepily....just couldn't let you all get too many pages ahead of me. Spent 15 hours at work today...so that's 26 hours in the last 48 spent at work. And I have a brand new barely out of the box Cricut that is still calling my name and wanting a space on my scrappy table.

I would have no problem with expanding the Fairy Godmother's swap.

I'm now going to stumble off to bed, another busy day at work tomorrow...so glad this conference is only once a year.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to nonnysbooks

LOL, Steph, I do believe Nonny was your 6th person

I'd like to hang around and watch how it works, even though I can't commit to it this time around

Maybe next time But I STILL want to see the fun y'all are going to have

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

hope everyone was well yesterday,,,,,,omg, I am totally EXHAUSTED lately,,,,I have no idea, but I've been sleeping like 9 hours a day and I'm falling into bed and sleeping like I haven't slept in a week!!!!!!! Could be the Sea hag, I guess,,,,,,just got over it, so we'll see if it goes away,,,,,,

so how is everyone??

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

Hi Holly!........wondered where you've been ........... did you see my new challenge? ......... Everyone who did the last one turned out such fabulous work! .........hoping this one is as well received!

Busy day today .......walking this morning ........scrappy buddy coming at 10:00 .......... more scrappy buddies coming at 5:00 ..........gotta make dinner in there somewhere ........... but I am NOT complaining!!!!!!!! ...........only thing missing from this great day is vacuuming! ........but I may manage to squeeze that in too!

What are you up to?

Page 1 of 200 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics