Username Post: What Was You First Car?        (Topic#1510457)
Debby Lewis
Expert
Debby Lewis

It's All About You in 52 Monday on Debby's Dare. So what was your first Car?

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Debby Lewis

This is what I posted: OMG! My first car (and I loved this thing) was a 1970 Grasshopper green metallic buick skylark 2 door. I bought it myself (for $500) because my car option was a 1979 ice blue station wagon otherwise and I wasn't about to drive THAT car! LOL

thanks for this one! it brings back some memories!

writerlady
Expert
writerlady
In response to Seaexplore

My first car was a 1979 mustang... Gosh I LOVED that car! Course, I looked at it and bought it an night (what did I know, I was 17). The next morning, I did find out that it was mostly bondo... lol. I still loved it!!!

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to Seaexplore

I had an old Oldmobile.. a big navy blue boat that I got in 1990, at the age of 22. I was out of the house, on my own. I can't remember the year of the car, but it was old. I got it for $700.

Thanks for bringing back some memories!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to momma paparazzi

omg, a 1972 Ford Fury,,,My maiden name was Fears and I named the thing "Fears' Fancy Fury", but I can tell you there was NOTHING fancy about that car!!!!!!!!!! It was pea soup green, and the emergency brake didn't work, lol. I bought the thing for 600 bucks,,,and I HATED it, lol,,,,,,I got rid of it in 6 months,,,,,,,and bought something that actually RAN safely, lol,,,,,

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to CommaHolly

My first car was my mom's 1984 Ford Granada. It was dark blue and 4 door and I LOVED that car. I thought I was hot stuff! DH (who was my bf at the time) wrecked it! I was so sad!

DH's first car was a 1984 Ford Mustang and that thing was SWEET! It was metallic blue with pink and purple pin stripes! Oh she was pretty! I miss that car!

heynow
heynow 
Pro
heynow
In response to JayAndXansMom

My first car was a 1989 Rally Sport Camero (with T-tops of course). I bought it brand new myself. I was so tickled!!! Kept it for 6 years. So sad the T-tops leaked like crazy everytime it rained.

scrapalooza
Diva
scrapalooza
In response to JayAndXansMom

omg I had a red Gremlin! with an 8-track player!!! We couldn't even hardly find any 8 tracks to play in it, I found one & I can still hear those songs-The Babys... too funny!

TonyaB
TonyaB 
Idol
TonyaB
In response to scrapalooza

my first car was a 1977 Toyota Corolla 2 door sport. It was pumpkin orange. But man it sure could move! I had to get rid of it for the tickets I kept getting!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

My first car was one I never even drove, so it doesn't count. LOL. The first car that I ever drove was a brown Chevy Citation. That thing was butt ugly. Brown exterior, brown interior. I felt like I was sitting in a cr@p canoe going down the road. However, I was also grateful to my mom for even getting me a car. Not everyone in my neighborhood was that lucky. I can't say that I was sad when the steering went and she decided it was too expensive to fix. I took the bus the first year to college until I could afford another car.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to siameseplease

When I was 18 my folks presented me with this HUGE 1954 4door Pontiac Dad had purchased from a friend for $100. It was in brand new condition, a pretty baby blue with those woven plastic seat covers with the silver threads running through. I HATED it and thought it was hideous...until I drove it to school and all they guys thought it was "boss"..(that was the word for cool then). They named it the Crusher. It could fit LOTs of kids in it and we even had a party in it one time..legs and arms hanging out the windows. I was always leaving the emergency brake on...fond memories. No pictures though dangit.

Edited by dollscrap on 07-20-09 07:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MindyO
MindyO 
Veteran
MindyO

my first car was an 84 Volkswagon Quantum - it had so many silly problems, like the low oil indicator would buzz at me, and the only way to quiet it, was to turn the air all the way on and have the radio on

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom

• scrapalooza Said:
omg I had a red Gremlin! with an 8-track player!!! We couldn't even hardly find any 8 tracks to play in it, I found one & I can still hear those songs-The Babys... too funny!

My dad's first car was an orange Gremlin. He wishes he still had it and I do too. I LOVE old cars and think his Gremlin was super cool. I have some photos of it. Wonder if daddy's had an 8 track player in it? I'll have to ask him!

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut
In response to dollscrap

My first car was a 1970 Dodge Charger (the Dukes of Hazards"General Lee" only blue). A true hot rod! It was a beautiful blue with white top. My brother and bf (at the time) bought it, painted it and fixed up for my 16th b-day! The cops used to follow me around town waiting for me to do something stupid! lol

Edited by crazycricut on 07-20-09 07:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut
In response to crazycricut

Somewhere I have pics-I will have to try to dig them out and scrap them!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to crazycricut

My first car was a 1978 Pontiac Trans Am my mom gave me on year for Christmas. I still have it, and technically haven't driven it because it still needs some work. The first car I had and drove regularly was a 1993 Ford Mustang.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to DesiLee

My first car was a 1982 Oldsmobile Omega that I paid for myself. It was the worst color in the world (Really Rusty brown that was really nasty) but I loved that car. I had it in perfect condition a week before my 17 birthday (I owned it for 2 years, I bought it my dad drove it until I turned 16) someone hit me and totaled my car. I have no pictures of it. I still miss that car over 10 years later.

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 07-20-09 08:04 AM
In response to DesiLee

My first car was a 1969 Pontiac Firebird. Forest green, vinyl interior, 3 speed, no a/c! With big slicks and air shocks in the back. Oh boy, that baby could scoot down the road! I'll have to find those pics.

I sold it to pay for my freshman college tuition. The guy that bought it went to Northern Mich Univ. That first winter, he slide down a hill and parked it in the Lake!

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to Tivi

oh my!
a metallic blue 1971 Camaro.
bought it from my dad in 1979 for $700

named it Apollo...I loved that car!

grammykimmy
Expert
grammykimmy
In response to mjmone

Mine was a 1976 Vega Station wagon. Cherry red with wood grain (vinyl) paneling. LOL
Hey, we only paid $600 for it and it was better than walking everywhere (including the laundry mat) with two 6 month olds and a 2 year old.
We also had to put a quart of oil in it daily.
The outside was in perfect shape though.

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to mjmone

My first car was a sunny yellow 1971 Dodge Colt with a black vinyl top. I bought it from the proverbial little old lady for $500. I loved that car! Got great gas mileage and I've yet to own a car with a better air conditioner!

One day I was driving down a country road heading to my brother's house. It was a VERY windy day and I heard a big "whooshing" sound and couldn't figure out what had happened...until I got to my destination. I stepped out of the car and realized the entire vinyl roofing had blown off the car!! I hated that black vinyl top because where I live in California, summer temps are in the 100s every day. I had the top painted to match the car and drove it 'til the wheels practically fell off. I also loved the sound system I had installed in that little dude!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to grammykimmy

My very 1st car... I had two cars.. both given to me by my BF at the time, who is now my ex husband. He bought me a brandnew car at the time, a 1998 Plymouth Neon, and gave me a 1989 Jetta as well. (I was pregnant and needed A car, he gave me 2 LOL)

smalltowngurrl
Idol
smalltowngurrl

Mine was a 1977 Ford Thunderbird. It even had an eight track player. I paid $350.00 for it. It got horrible gas mileage but it was my car. I only had it for about a year.

mollydog
Veteran
mollydog
In response to SQ Mandi

MY 1st car was a 1972 Toyota Corolla. It had 200 miles on it when I bought it. I paid $1200 for it.
Before long it started drinking oil and since it was under warranty the dealer had me bring it in for a "drink". The engine finally blew up and they replaced it for free. Years later someone told me my story,the dealer was using it for a cs testimony. I laughed and said it really happened.
I totaled that car a few years later,but never forgot it. I scrapped it. I'll have to find it and post it.

Edited by mollydog on 07-20-09 09:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1
In response to mollydog

The first car I drove (it was my parents) was my first love... a 1967 Plymouth Sport Fury! It was ice blue with a Landau roof (half vinyl) but it had black leather bucket seats and the gear shift in the console. Unfortunately that was in 1978 and it had 100,000+ miles on it! LOL When it gave up the ghost parents helped me purchase a very well used 1975 Toyota Corolla 2 door. I only had it for about 8 months with Big brother came home on leave and blew the rods in it! Shoot! I still love my Toyotas though.... now driving a Camry though (with leather of course)

flowerdisco
Idol
flowerdisco
In response to sweet1

My first car was a Honda Prelude, can't remember the year but it was an used car. I made my first loan to buy it. That was around 1984 or so. It was standard too and I loved it. No pics either .

scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread
In response to sweet1

I purchased my first car at age 17. It was a 1989 Ford Festiva with 4 miles on it. I drove it off the showroom floor for $9k. It was blue and my mom bought all hot pink accessories for it: seatcovers, windshield wipers with the little square flags, license plate frame, rearview mirror frame, etc. I loved that car and the gas mileage. I once drove it more than 72 miles after the gauge dropped below "E". Gas prices were around .49 a gallon at the time.
Several years later, I heard that all the kids who cruised in my hometown called my car "Little Pink A Blue."

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to scrapnread

my first car was a 1992 tan taurus. it was a nice big car and i had no problems for 2 years. then my 3 bros got hold of it, and in less than 9 months, smashed it 2ce...totaling it. grr...

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to Lamoo12

Mine was a used grey 89 mustang that I recived for my 16th b-day.

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to Scrappin Kitty

1992 Pontiac Grand Am - God I luved that car!!! That little Teal Machine drove me all over the US and a little in Canada - Still have not had a car as great as that one!! She was my Mardi Gras mobile

fatwhippet
Pro
fatwhippet
In response to JaymieLiz

My first car was a Ford Model T. Just kidding. My first car belong to my father's business and was a 1973 Monte Carlo, Brown and tan. Then I bought my own 1975(?) brand new Plymouth Arrow, 2 door hatchback, bright copper color - very ugly car, but I thought it was the coolest.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to fatwhippet

My mom and dad bought me a 1969 tan Volkswagen bug, brand new, for $1995. It brought me to LSU for only a few months before I put it in a large ditch. My mom bought me another of the exact same car to replace it. I finished college with that one and kept it for several years before my husband decided we needed a muscle car and replaced it with a Dodge Charger.

I would come home every weekend from college. Before I went back Mom would give me $10 and I would tank it up for about $4, have $2 to spend during the week, and tank it up again to come home. Now, if it had had air conditioning, we would have probably kept it until it ran into the ground.

RaquelEG
Veteran
RaquelEG
In response to fatwhippet

I got my first car the day I turned 16 and got my liscense. It was an 83' Cutlass Sierra, already 13 years old when I got it. I was the first out of my group of friends to get a car and that beast fit 4 in the back and 3 in the front. Of course the short ones had to ride in front, because the front seat was all one seat and I'm 5'2". It was a ugly mustard yellow and fit in 2 parking spots but the beast did give us some great memories!!

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane
In response to RaquelEG

My first car was a 1963 Ford Falcon, green, 2-door, stick shift, no air (lived in Florida (LOL), am radio. Guess the car could go pretty fast because I got a speeding ticket while driving!!!!

pieces of me
Expert
pieces of me
In response to OnlyJane

LOL! Mine was a 1980 White Buick Skyhawk 4-door with maroon cloth interior and a very loud stereo! (cuz it was all about loud music with the windows down even in the dead of winter cruising the strip at Hampton Beach!!)

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

My first car was a fabulous Burgundy colored 1966 Mustang. Still have it in storage but it's is saaaaaaaaad shape. Hasn't operated for 20 years.

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat

A 1964 Ford Fairlane station wagon. Baby blue with wood side panels. Ugly as hell, but I could get 12 people in it easily. Everyone body rode with me! Loved that thing!

Lydgranger
Resident
Lydgranger

I too had a 1st car that I never drove-a gray fiat compact I don't even know the year maybe 57 -My older brother used it and took it the day of my drivers test-my neighbor said I could use her great big station wagon. I had never driven a big car-On the way to the test I managed to side swipe an illegally parked window glass repair truck. It was another 8 years before I got my 1st real car-an 1967 MG Miget-blue. Had to sell it when I moved from NY to California-My parents wouldn't let me drive it crosscountry.

Debby Lewis
Expert
Debby Lewis
In response to Lydgranger

All the Volkwagons...do your remember what the slang was for the volkwangons??

Becky113351
Tenant
Becky113351

Mine was a green ’06 VW Beatle . . . and then I was hit by a truck. : ( I loved that car.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I love this thread too!! I had a 66 Pontiac Lemans convertable. It was beautiful Barrier Blue with white top & white vinyl interior. It had bucket seats. It was a 326 cu. It was the same car as the GTO but the lights were different. I adored that car!!! My Dad worked out of town & my Mom didn't drive so he bought it when I turned 16 from my sil for $350 or 400 so I could take my Mom to do her stuff & get groceries etc.
I do have pics. Are we supposed to post them somewhere??

Edited by anda11 on 07-24-09 02:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics