Page 1 of 10 
Username Post: August No Shopping Challenge-Closed/Active        (Topic#1510763)
Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

September No Shopping Challenge

Very simple. Sign up for how many layouts and/or cards you think you can get done in June without buying anything while getting those pages done.

Getting adhesives or photo development (inks & photo papers for printers) don't count against you.

Starts August 1st, unless you state before hand a different start time for yourself (now or later in the month). Then you scrap, scrap, scrap!

========================= =======
Some clarifications:

This challenges is about learning or exercising self-control more than anything else. It's also on the honor system. No one is gonna check your bank statements or your stash or your other posts to see if you've "goofed" or "cheated."

Gifts and gift cards for sb stuff do NOT count against you. You're not spending recklessly. But do try to use gift cards with thought and purpose.

It helps to have clear goals of what you would want to buy when you reach your layout goal. Just like trying to eat healthy or dieting, you don't want to binge/gorge on food when you reach your weight loss goal. So being deliberate in your shopping is another goal for this challenge.

Above all else, have fun with this challenge. Make it into whatever game in your head or scrapping so you'll want to continue doing these things even if you don't sign up for other similar challenges.

The true goal of scrapbooking is scrapbooking, NOT shopping/buying or hoarding pretty papers and embellishments. I know that for some time for me, it was about shopping and buying more than getting pages done. So this is why I joined other similar groups and started these monthly challenges, too.

========================= ======
First and foremost, this should be fun. If it starts getting to be too much, don't do it. Take a breather or state you're bowing out for the month. It's okay.

Second most important thing is not buying for buying's sake. Being deliberate in what you buy. No shopping for therapeutic reasons, learn to scrap or exercise or something that's healthier and less money and guilt involved.

Thirdly to create pages and projects.

Lastly, to encourage each other here.

No guilt with buying stuff either. If you goof, you goof. Get over it and learn and reset.

=======================

Here's a mini challenge if anyone wants to try it:

Find the oldest item you have bought but not used yet. It can be papers or embellishment. Put it on your work area and use it THIS month!!!

Or if it's really something you'll never use, not enjoy using, give it away! or trade it! You can post a photo of it and see what others have to get rid of.

========================= ===
RAKs

Edited by Vivian loves BLING on 08-26-09 07:53 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

BamaBug's Gallery - 25 12 x 12 layouts
8 cards

CatScrapsHere's Gallery - 5/5 layouts 8/26
30/30 cards 8/20

croppincrystie's Gallery - 20 layouts

cwilliams1961's Gallery - 7/10 layouts

DesiLee's Gallery - 2/5 12x12 layouts
3 more cards

DYnKY's Gallery - 6/5 layouts 8/19
2/2 cards 8/19

flying_Unicorn's Gallery - 2/22 layouts Start 7/23
4/4 18x18 layouts 8/19
2/3 mini albums

jenbustillo's Gallery - 7/15 layouts
14/15 ATCs

jessmom's Gallery - 10 12x12 layouts

kristen622's Gallery - 25/30 layouts

Ladybing Tammy's Gallery - 5/5 layouts 8/3
3/5 layouts

LilacGal's Gallery - 5/5 layouts 8/9
5 layouts

LindaScraps2's Gallery - 10 layouts

LotsToScrap's Gallery - Silver Anniversary 8x8 gift album (20/20 LO) 8/4
20/20 LO (12x12) any album 8/21

Margy's Gallery - 16/25 layouts
10 cards

Mimi2Alissa's Gallery - 5/7 layouts

mollydog's Gallery - 10/10 layouts 8/19

Mrs. Gibbs's Gallery - 6/20 layouts
5/5 cards 8/15

scrapbookmonster's Gallery - 7/5 layouts 8/21

scrapbrarian's Gallery - 3/5 layouts
5/5 cards 8/2
1/5 Steno gift books

scrapinbabygal's Gallery - 10/10 layouts 8/19
3/3 cards 8/14
1/10 layouts reset 8/20
10/10 layouts 8/31
2/3 cards

Scrappin_baby's Gallery - 21/10 layouts 8/15

scrappinmomto2girls's Gallery - 2/15 layouts reset 8/10
15 layouts

scrappy grandma's Gallery - 33/31 layouts 8/26
11/?? cards

She-She's Gallery - 7/10 layouts
6/10 cards

sonup2sondown's Gallery - 20/20 layouts 8/21
5/6 cards

SwtTxT's Gallery - 10/10 layouts 8/5
15/10 layouts 8/8

Tina scraps's Gallery - 14/5 layouts (8x8 or 12x12) 8/7
5 ATCs
5 cards

TonyaB's Gallery - 5 layouts
2 cards

traceyjean's Gallery - 10 layouts

TripletMother's Gallery - 2/10 layouts reset 8/14
5/10 cards reset 8/14
9/10 layouts
2/10 cards

Vivian loves BLING's Gallery - 19/39 layouts Reset 8/13
39 layouts
80 layouts
20 cards

yesiamagrandmommy's Gallery - 11/15 layouts start 7/25
5 cards

Edited by Vivian loves BLING on 09-09-09 12:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Sadly, I won't be able to update this thread as much next week and the first full week in August but after that I'll be online more.

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls

I'm here!!

kristen622
Pro
kristen622
In response to scrappinmomto2girls

Count me in! Since I finished my July goal, I can shop this week and get ready for August.

My goal for August is 30 layouts, and get the first six months done on the baby book that I want to give my mom for Christmas.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to kristen622

Viv, I'm thinking you need to change the second line to read August and not July. LOL!
Count me in for 10 LO.

SwtTxT
SwtTxT 
Guru
SwtTxT
In response to kristen622

I am in again! I hope I to get more done on the July challenge done and some quick shopping before the August challenge.

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106
In response to SwtTxT

i'm in!! ok--really--how many months have i been doing this--i dont know! how many months have i actually completed my goal---that i know---a big fat zero!!! lol---well--there is always august--hahhaha

so i am thinking--once again--my goal will be 15 pages and 5 cards (who am i kidding?!?!--really?!?!?! ) but i guess life is no good unless ya got goals--lol

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to Christine0106

I'm in - I have shopped enough between today and yesterday ....

we are going to close up some of the 2009 goals in August

Mini albums = 3

18 x 18 = 4

LO's = 22 - ( this is high only because I plan on doing an 8x8 album 20 pages of Vegas 2008 and 2 12 x 12's......

I am starting my time tonight - since I reached my July goal ....

Thanks Vivian

LilacGal
Expert
LilacGal
In response to Flying_Unicorn

I'm in. I'm trying to get back into my groove and I'm finding myself buying stuff when I already have a bunch of stuff on hand. My goal is five pages. It's not a lot for most but I'll be going back to school.

croppincrystie
Guru
croppincrystie
In response to LilacGal

i need to join this group, i dont have a problem getting pages made, just the shopping part. i have not bought alot of junk lately just cricut carts, so it is just as bad, they just dont take up as much room! truly there is nothing i need other that red and brown cardstock.....does that count?

this is the first time joining somethinglike this...do we just log in and chat? and what does not count as shopping only adhesive and pics right? guess this means that i must buy cs before 8-1.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to scrappinmomto2girls

• scrappinmomto2girls Said:
I'm here!!

• SwtTxT Said:
I am in again! I hope I to get more done on the July challenge done and some quick shopping before the August challenge.

• LilacGal Said:
I'm in. I'm trying to get back into my groove and I'm finding myself buying stuff when I already have a bunch of stuff on hand. My goal is five pages. It's not a lot for most but I'll be going back to school.

What's your August goal(s)?

Edited by Vivian loves BLING on 07-23-09 04:21 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• yesiamagrandmommy Said:
i'm in!! ok--really--how many months have i been doing this--i dont know! how many months have i actually completed my goal---that i know---a big fat zero!!! lol---well--there is always august--hahhaha

so i am thinking--once again--my goal will be 15 pages and 5 cards (who am i kidding?!?!--really?!?!?! ) but i guess life is no good unless ya got goals--lol

Hopefully, you've seen some changes in your shopping habits. Some questioning of "do I really this right now" and hopefully you're scrapping more than what you were before.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to croppincrystie

• croppincrystie Said:
i need to join this group, i dont have a problem getting pages made, just the shopping part. i have not bought alot of junk lately just cricut carts, so it is just as bad, they just dont take up as much room! truly there is nothing i need other that red and brown cardstock.....does that count?

this is the first time joining somethinglike this...do we just log in and chat? and what does not count as shopping only adhesive and pics right? guess this means that i must buy cs before 8-1.

You've got a week to buy things you need. Things stated at the opening of this challenge is okay. Just don't stray from your stated needs.

We can chat here but it's not required. Nor is it required to post links to your images but that's your choice. We're totally on the honor system. It up to you to count things as allowed or not allowed.

Adhesives and what's needed for photo developing/printing are always allowed.

scrappy grandma
Angel
scrappy grandma

h viv is this going for the onth of august and cn i get in, something needs to curve my spending.
i have plenty to use up right here and need to stay out of the craft stores for a while and tighten the old belt.
he,he,
so how many a day for august i know i can do at least one everyday, hugs joan
ps let me know

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to scrappy grandma

So your goal is 31 pages, Joan?

LilacGal
Expert
LilacGal

• Vivian loves BLING Said:

• LilacGal Said:

My goal is five pages. Does it have to be more?

scrappy grandma
Angel
scrappy grandma
In response to LilacGal

ok now i amin and it is scraping pages only and i hve 31 ays to do dor august.
that will be great maybe i will get some photoes finished! been busy with the cards and all my pictures are piling up. thank you . hugs joan

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106

Hopefully, you've seen some changes in your shopping habits. Some questioning of "do I really this right now" and hopefully you're scrapping more than what you were before.

now that i have noticed my friend!!! i 2nd think any random purchase---going shopping with you that day really helped!!! when ya coming back--i might need some more one on one guidance--lol!!!

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106

• croppincrystie Said:

you got it!! and like vivian says--if ya "goof" dont beat yourself up over it--just ask for a reseat and start over--i had a start over month-i have had many didnt meat my goals months---oh-i dont know what i am doing--lol---but i know i am not shopping as much--when ya have a group of girls you feel like you need to "answer" to--kinda makes it easier to think if you really need something or not

hey--maybe we should start a eating group!!! ya know--if you can go 30 days and not eat any deserts--or chips--or whatever your downfall is--then if its a month with a 31st--you can have a pig out day-------------ok--that would be a waste of the 30 days--and i would NOT ever complete that one!!!

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106
In response to LilacGal

• LilacGal Said:

• LilacGal Said:

My goal is five pages. Does it have to be more?

omg!! i never thought of this----ok--for september i think my goal is gonna be one page---lilcGal--you have inspired me and you didnt even know it--and i am not kidding around or being rude--i really think i would finally met my goal for a month if i did 1---maybe thats my problem with this--i am setting the bar wwwwwwwwwwaaayyy to high from what i would actually get done--getting frustrated and then just throwing my hands up in the air as i head off to the lss!!!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

There's no minimum or maximum for goals here. Some people in fact have set small goals knowing they'd reach them in a week so they can shop a little then set another goal after shopping here. This way they were "weaning" themselves off of shopping. Taking baby steps.

Whatever works for you is okay.

Christine, I don't know when I'll be back in Florida. Hopefully in Mid August. Those twins will be turning 5 then. Hopefully, I'll be down there to celebrate that with them. Maybe even make their cakes? Don't know for sure yet.

I really NEED more of that black glitter paper. Can't believe I'm paying $1 a sheet. Wish I could buy that cheaper so I'd use it more.

I think there are accountability groups for eating on this website already. I used to be really good with sparkpeople.com a website for dieters and exercisers. Just keeping a little notebook and writing in it EVERYTHING you eat, will make you stop eating so much.

I need help since I've been over doing the eating lately. But I know I'll eat more while I'm traveling. You should see the goodies I bought for car drive and the Starbuck's Fraps aren't diet by any means.

Brenshevia
Idol
Brenshevia

Viv could you sign me up for 10 layouts and 10 cards?

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to Brenshevia

Ok Viv - after doing so horribly in July, it is time to buckle back down and get back on track!!!

Please put me down for 10 lo's and 10 cards again!!

LilacGal
Expert
LilacGal

There's no minimum or maximum for goals here. Some people in fact have set small goals knowing they'd reach them in a week so they can shop a little then set another goal after shopping here. This way they were "weaning" themselves off of shopping. Taking baby steps.

Whatever works for you is okay.

Good to know. I realize that there are so many ladies here who can get five pages done very quickly. I've gotten one page done in the last two years. (Rough pregnancy, having the baby, moving twice...ugg!) School starts back in August and my classroom is just begging me come back quickly. Moving has been good though. I'm in a smaller space scrap area wise so I've been going through my stuff. I think I'll be bringing a bunch of things to my classroom and doing something with the kids.

I have a question about this challenge. Does buying things to organize my stuff count against me? Everything is currently in big rubbermaid tubs and I'm trying to get it on my shelves. Will buying baskets and boxes be bad?

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106
In response to LilacGal

lilacgal--ok--i am not the boss of this challenge--but i would have to vote a big no it doesnt count against ya to buy organizing stuff--but i am thinking vivian might add--make sure its what ya need and will work before you buy it!

oh-and just to let ya know---i am not one of those girls that can do 5 pages in a day--lol!! i am lucky if i get that many done in a month-but i am working on it--and i do not have any good excuses--my kids are grown--i dont work--i am just a lazy bum--lol!! well--actually i take care of my parents--or rather now my mom--go to her every other day--she lives in the next city 45 mins away.

i think buying baskets and boxes will be good--that is one of the things that vivian stresses---if your organized then you will know what you have--and will keep you from buying duplicates as you cant find your stuff!!

oh--and lilac--what is your real name--or i will just call you lilac--lol!!

ok--off to moms--yall have a fantastic day!!

scrapinbabygal
Queen
scrapinbabygal

August is already starting??!?! Wow time flies.

Put me down for 15 again and 3 cards. Thanks Vivian

LilacGal
Expert
LilacGal
In response to scrapinbabygal

• scrapinbabygal Said:
August is already starting??!?! Wow time flies.

No kidding! I can't believe August is around the corner. My baby turns one next Sunday!

School starts back for me on the 12th. Bleh!

LilacGal
Expert
LilacGal

lilacgal--ok--i am not the boss of this challenge--but i would have to vote a big no it doesnt count against ya to buy organizing stuff--but i am thinking vivian might add--make sure its what ya need and will work before you buy it!

oh-and just to let ya know---i am not one of those girls that can do 5 pages in a day--lol!! i am lucky if i get that many done in a month-but i am working on it--and i do not have any good excuses--my kids are grown--i dont work--i am just a lazy bum--lol!! well--actually i take care of my parents--or rather now my mom--go to her every other day--she lives in the next city 45 mins away.

i think buying baskets and boxes will be good--that is one of the things that vivian stresses---if your organized then you will know what you have--and will keep you from buying duplicates as you cant find your stuff!!

I'm glad to know I'm not alone! I wish I could do more then I do right now. My scrap area is near my daughter's room and the Silhouette wakes her up during nap time...and there is to be nothing that doesn't involve Elizabeth during non-nap times! (Or so she lets me know. :D)

I'm trying to (ok...at this point, I took a rather long break because DD was being a little miss fussypants...I have no idea what I was going to say.) I'm trying to something. If I remember, I'll post.

Anyway, my real name is Amy. Or you can call me Lilac. I answer to just about anything.

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to LilacGal

a 12 x12 takes me a weekend to do if I am lucky .... the 18x18 project ... that was an insane idea to start it ... but easily 30 hours on one LO ... by stating this .. I have proven I have no life outside my scrap room ...

Lilac - do what you can and enjoy the process .. thats what its all about whether its one LO or 100 LO's ....

But I have 22 Lo to do this month and 4 18x18 - that is the funniest of all ... I must have finished that bottle of wine alone ....

scrappy grandma
Angel
scrappy grandma

good morning everyoe just checking in, be baxk later need a coffee and somethng to ea! hugs, joan

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to LilacGal

• LilacGal Said:

I have a question about this challenge. Does buying things to organize my stuff count against me? Everything is currently in big rubbermaid tubs and I'm trying to get it on my shelves. Will buying baskets and boxes be bad?

It's good to know that everyone knows me so well.

Make sure it's a real need. Ask for feedback on products like these below. The towers are really great but papers will get dusty and if you want to travel with your papers, you'll have to move them out and back in each time. I prefer the vertical system. I can grab the entire "pouch" and go. Then when I get back home, put it back where it belongs. Plus I can get more papers into the same space than with the trays.

But it's all in how you scrap as to how you should organize your supplies and tools.

I love the Super Satchel! I can load up my punches in these and still carry it by the handle. The lids don't fall open which is the case with other brands. I now use one for my power cropping, too.

Oh, one danger of shopping for anything needed, you could get derailed by things on sale or on clearance. We still have a week before this challenge officially starts so use that time wisely.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to LilacGal

• LilacGal Said:

I'm glad to know I'm not alone! I wish I could do more then I do right now. My scrap area is near my daughter's room and the Silhouette wakes her up during nap time...and there is to be nothing that doesn't involve Elizabeth during non-nap times! (Or so she lets me know. :D)

I'm trying to (ok...at this point, I took a rather long break because DD was being a little miss fussypants...I have no idea what I was going to say.) I'm trying to something. If I remember, I'll post.

Anyway, my real name is Amy. Or you can call me Lilac. I answer to just about anything.

Planning is key to getting anything done. I hate the noise of the Cricut and Wishblade/Silhouette machines and understand how that could affect a baby's napping. Why not try to do the cuttings earlier in the day?

I'm a big "pusher" for power cropping, too.

Power Cropping

Being organized as much as you can be but don't let that become your hobby like I did for months. Try rewarding yourself for getting things done. That's the heart of this challenge. Getting pages done is a reward in itself but then you can go shopping which is an added bonus.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Updated to here.

Tomorrow I'll be driving up to VA and don't know how much time I'll have for updating until I get back. I will have wi-fi and will be taking my laptop but it's just hard for me to type on that little keypad.

LindaScraps2
Idol
LindaScraps2

Hi Vivian

Maybe i will do better in August..hehehehehe

Please put me down for 10 again 12 x 12 lo's..I have a ton of pic's to scrap but no computer to post anything on......thanks linda

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to LindaScraps2

Posting layouts or completed projects are not required for this challenge. I'll take your word that you've gotten things finished.

Linda, without a computer, how are you posting messages here? Are you using your camera? Does it take pix?

LilacGal
Expert
LilacGal

Power Cropping! I love that idea!!!

I'm still in my planning stages mostly for my scrap area. I have one more large-ish thing to buy and then it's figuring out the organizing of all the little things. I bought some shelves for my paper and some drawers for stuff. But I have a big bookshelf that is just begging for cute and adorable (and functional!) organization. I had a brainstorm earlier today. (It was frightening - lightening was shooting out my ears.) I'm going to take some of the glass baby food jars and use them to store stuff in. A paper circle on the lid and some ribbon around the edge - bam! cute storage! I just wish I had thought of this before we only had four jars left and made the resolution not to buy anymore. Oops!

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to LilacGal

Alrighty - One mini album done .... I can not post them till after the Canadian thanksgiving .. The mini's are like the chipboard albums that spell out LOVE and BABY - but I have templated my own on publisher and am spelling out all of my sister's name - I have five sisters ... but I have learnt today that Christine (yesiamagrandmommy) is my long lost sister ..lol .. so I guess I am making 6 .... Millie's is done .. Dale's is next ...

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

I am in for August!

lo's 5
cards 5
Steno books 5

scrappy grandma
Angel
scrappy grandma

oh i can't wait to get started, boy i have tons of photos to get i albums. still trying to get those organized.
glad this dosn't start till august, i already goofed, but was a much needed iten and it only cost a dollor at a yard ale. i bout of all things a picnic napkin holder thing the kind for knives and stuff works great, to hold my on hand hotos to do first, . i will take a photo of it. it is great idea, and sure about everyone has these things and some ready to toss out.

hugs, joan

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106

• flying_Unicorn Said:
Alrighty - One mini album done .... I can not post them till after the Canadian thanksgiving .. The mini's are like the chipboard albums that spell out LOVE and BABY - but I have templated my own on publisher and am spelling out all of my sister's name - I have five sisters ... but I have learnt today that Christine (yesiamagrandmommy) is my long lost sister ..lol .. so I guess I am making 6 .... Millie's is done .. Dale's is next ...

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106

here is the left side of my 2 pager for my dad.
its very simple-very basic--but so was he!! and now--this 2 pager--is very done!!!

Love---left side By Yesiamagrandmommy

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Updated to here.

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn

Cherish Love By Flying_Unicorn

Could not sleep last night ... and decied to do a LO as oppose to the mini .. and this is what we came up with .... FLOWERS !

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Could I please sign up - I'll try 5 - my life is so busy these days but I have been using the no shopping theory for a while. I even went cross border shopping a week ago and only came home with UNDU (it's too expensive here and ACMOORE was clearing it out)

LilacGal
Expert
LilacGal
In response to Ladybing Tammy

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
Could I please sign up - I'll try 5 - my life is so busy these days but I have been using the no shopping theory for a while. I even went cross border shopping a week ago and only came home with UNDU (it's too expensive here and ACMOORE was clearing it out)

Someone else with a goal like mine! Yay!

What kind of stuff does UNDU undo? I need something to take gummy glue off of baby food jars. Do you think it could work?

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to LilacGal

lilac - that should work- undu as well as soaking them and nail polish remover ....

LilacGal
Expert
LilacGal

Nail polish remover? Really? I would have never thought of that. I'll try that first and then get some undu if it doesn't get it all off. Thanks!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to LilacGal

Back from a mini (4 day) vaca. Can't wait to get some scrapping done this week.

croppincrystie
Guru
croppincrystie
In response to scrapbrarian

looking forward to starting my week off right....finishing a 2 page lo and preparing page kits for the upcoming august challenges....can't wait...hope to meet my 2009 goal of 365 layouts....wish me luck only at 219!

i was wrong, i looked at my chart in my gallery and it is 319!!! how did i forget that?

Edited by croppincrystie on 07-27-09 10:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

croppincrystie
Guru
croppincrystie

put me down for 20 layouts please. going to the beach the first week of august (3-8) i hope to get a few done the first 2 days of the month!

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106

ONLY at 219-----------rock it out!!! wow--i think i might be at oh----------10--lol!!! really i dont know how many--but i know its less than 20----------------------- my problem is i am on here way too much clowning around-------so what i am gonna do starting tomorrow-------is set a timer--and give myself--45 mins---and when the buzzer goes off-------then i will have to go and do something else----oh--and its not just this site--its facebook cause i want to become the godfather in mafia wars--which--by the way--if your on face--join my mafia--lol--i need some bodyguards--lol
and then i am looking at oh my crafts--then i am checking out cnn--then.........well--you get the idea--i could make a full time carrer outta how much time i waste on this darn computer!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Good Morning Christine, did I miss your 45 minute window for today?

Brenshevia
Idol
Brenshevia

jci

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106
In response to Brenshevia

lol rebecca--yeah--that 45 min isnt working out so well--hahahahhaha--at first i was gonna make it 30 mins---then i said to myself---self--thats just not enough time!! now i am thinking i should just make it an even hour--lol

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

I'm in again! since July actually worked out pretty well for me. Will probably change these goals later, but I'm going to start with:

5 layouts (8x8 or 12x12)
5 ATCs
5 cards

TonyaB
TonyaB 
Idol
TonyaB
In response to Tina scraps

I would love to join again. However, I'm back at work now after 7 weeks of vacation so I'm going to go with 5 lo's & 2 cards.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to LilacGal

• LilacGal Said:
  • Ladybing Tammy Said:

What kind of stuff does UNDU undo? I need something to take gummy glue off of baby food jars. Do you think it could work?

I think so - it took the gummy glue off my scissors! There are also undu wipes which might work better than the liquid for that sort of thing.

LilacGal
Expert
LilacGal
In response to Ladybing Tammy

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
  • LilacGal Said:
  • Ladybing Tammy Said:

I think so - it took the gummy glue off my scissors! There are also undu wipes which might work better than the liquid for that sort of thing.

Undu wipes? Really?! That's an awesome product. I wish I could come up with ideas like that...it might help me support my scrapping habit.

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to LilacGal

Look at some of the tools we use in scrapbooking ... so obvious and yet they are the ones making millions ... so I guess its sweet dreams ... 9-5 tomorrow for my portion of those millions .. less taxes ... less insurance .... less 401k ... less irs ....

KrickleScraps
Diva
KrickleScraps

I would love to give it a try..I have lots of things to use up. I have a ton of stickers that I need to use up before I buy anything else. My goal for August would be 10 pages.

Mrs. Gibbs
Veteran
Mrs. Gibbs
In response to KrickleScraps

I want to join this month! I have a wedding album I've been working on for ages & lately I'd rather shop than get it done.

20 LOs, 5 Cards

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106
In response to Mrs. Gibbs

well looks like you two ladies found the right place---cause no no no on the shopping--LOL!!

LotsToScrap
Diva
LotsToScrap

I'd love to try this! My goals:

1. Silver Anniversary 8x8 gift album (20 LO)

2. 20 LO (12x12) any album

I love this no shopping angle, I really need to put the brakes on. I have TONS of brand new stuff so I need to use it.

KrickleScraps
Diva
KrickleScraps
In response to LotsToScrap

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who buys new stuff...makes no pages...buys new stuff...makes no pages...buys new stuff.... you get the picture! LOL

I don't want to change the subject, but I'm wondering if someone can help me with my resume...I update it..submit it..nothing changes..what am I doing wrong?? just a quick how to would be great! thanks

SwtTxT
SwtTxT 
Guru
SwtTxT

Sorry Viv! My goal for August is 10 los.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to SwtTxT

Can't wait to get started on my August Goals. Just set a date to scrap (Sunday) with my niece.

Brenshevia
Idol
Brenshevia

August 1st is the big kick off day for Memories Always-Forever (http://alwaysforever.ning.com/). big part of this celebration will be a blog hop on this Saturday, August 1. As part of the Design Team for MAF, I will be participating in this hop. You will definitely want to come out for this as there will be lots of challenges and blog candy on that day, you won’t want to miss it. I will be hosting a challenge that day and giving away goodies as well so please stop by my blog and become a follower http://scrappin-sheshe.blogspot.com/. Take some time to play along with us!

BamaBug
Resident
BamaBug

Sign me up for August - 25 12 x 12 LO and 8 cards.

I need to learn how to post links to my gallery.

Janet

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to BamaBug

Just checking in! Another busy day at work!!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to TripletMother

jci before I leave work for today. Golf league tonight, yeah!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

I'm in! I'll be putting a lot of time into moving into my house though so I'll make my goal smallish. 5 12x12 and 3 more cards.

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps

Count me in!

15 layouts and 15 ATCs.

Thanks!
Jen

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to JustJenScraps

Just took Friday off as a vacation day to scrap with my niece!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to LilacGal

• LilacGal Said:
Nail polish remover? Really? I would have never thought of that. I'll try that first and then get some undu if it doesn't get it all off. Thanks!

there's also something called Goo gone that you could probably try for that.

croppincrystie
Guru
croppincrystie

sorry girls...i'm gonna renig on this challenge, ckc is heading to town august 14, and i'm going which equals spending $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!! catch up in september! good luck!

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106

whoooooooooooo di hoooooooooooooooo!! here is another one for august--and its not august--lol---i am on a roll!!!

Just Girls By Yesiamagrandmommy

KrickleScraps
Diva
KrickleScraps

Well, I've done the last of my spending...I purchased a chalk set and some glimmer spray..can't wait to try the glimmer spray. My husband is glad I've joined this challenge!

scrappy grandma
Angel
scrappy grandma
In response to KrickleScraps

hi viv can;t wait to start am sorting out my photoe to scrap for this one.
i am putting thr 30 or 31 days worth of photoes alog with my paper and tht will at least get me on the way.
hugs, joan

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Christine, love the new lo!!!

Margy
Margy 
Queen
Margy
  • Margy on 07-29-09 02:01 PM

I'd like to be in again! My goal is going to be 25 LOs, 10 cards! I hope I can reach it, because I start school this month!

mollydog
Veteran
mollydog

After really messing up in July, I would like to redeem myself. Please put me down for 10 LOS . I am going to try doing a mini book but I'm not counting it. Thanks Viv!!

Edited by mollydog on 07-29-09 02:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

LotsToScrap
Diva
LotsToScrap

Did I sign up for this one correctly? I don't see me on page one? Were you full perhaps?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to LotsToScrap

I think she said she would be away for a few days. I'm not on the first page either but i think we are okay.

scrapbookmonster
Guru
scrapbookmonster

Could you please put me down for 5 layouts? It's going to be a busy month in August for me.

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to scrapbookmonster

Viv is on vacation for about a week .... She will get caught up ... welcome !

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn

If I accomplish this next to impossible goal .... I am positively buying the copic markers .... last time I went credit card crazy was on K&Compnay/prima/anna griffin ... but - everything was on sale .....

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Queen
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 07-30-09 07:37 AM

I'd love to try this out...I have issues with the hording and the shopping thing...DH will be so proud of me!!!

Please put me down for 5 lo's and 2 cards. Not much of a goal but, It's a very busy August!! Thanks!!!

Oh, forgot to tell you my start date...8/1...THX!

Edited by DYnKY on 07-30-09 07:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappy grandma
Angel
scrappy grandma

hi viv jci bought my last stuff from the super store tday. my daughter tricia told me to say thank you for her for this challange, i have to stop spending, and the only thing i can buy is glue and popdots. she is so happy about tht.
he,he,
oh don;t worry she is watching me! hugs, joan have a great weekend.
love and hugs to all

scrappy grandma
Angel
scrappy grandma

oh hi me again can we do cards with the lo's toom hugs? me again

joan

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Hi & welcome to all of the new gals and hi to all of us returning to continue to fight the good fight of not buying what we don't need! Yikes, did I just say that.

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn

Hey joan ... yup you can place a goal for whatever you think you can accomplish without buying anything .... for example my signature shows the breakdown what I plan on doing in the month of august while Mr Credit Card sleeps in my wallet ... but when I accomplish it all .... ohh him and I are going to party ....

Brenshevia
Idol
Brenshevia

jci

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to BamaBug

I'm back home and have pages and pages to update.

Hope everyone is doing well. I did alot of shopping and it was overwhelming. It's like feasting after a famine, even if you want to eat more, you'll only make yourself sick.

I ended up using my coupons for Snapload stuff to convert my existing post bound albums. Got lots of great deals and even paid retail at small (non-chain) stores. I did my part for the economy in Virginia!

Now back to behaving myself.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to BamaBug

• BamaBug Said:
Sign me up for August - 25 12 x 12 LO and 8 cards.

I need to learn how to post links to my gallery.

Janet

INSTRUCTIONS ON USING EMBEDDED CODES:

>>Click on the image you want to get an embedded code for.

>>Below the larger image, click on the "tab" that has "Link/Embed"

>>Then select "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)"

>>I recommend selecting the largest setting in size.

>>Then only click in the box under "Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below:" Just clicking in the box will copy that info to your clipboard. After clicking in the box, you'll see Copied to Clipboard.

>>Now come back to this thread and paste.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• croppincrystie Said:
sorry girls...i'm gonna renig on this challenge, ckc is heading to town august 14, and i'm going which equals spending $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!! catch up in september! good luck!

Crystie, you could get your goal BEFORE you go?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrappy grandma Said:
oh hi me again can we do cards with the lo's toom hugs? me again

joan

I love making cards with the leftover scraps from pages. Michelle (m.perks) did a challenge with that. Layout and make card with scraps has really gotten me to make more cards.

You can set any scrappy goal you like here. Layouts, cards, ATCs, mini-albums, alter-projects, etc. anything sb related.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Welcome all newbies! You can do this!

The "secret" is not to focus on what you can't or shouldn't do. Focus on what you can and should do.

You can create! You can have fun! You can save up for better purchases. You can avoid buyers' remorse! You can share your creativity. You can encourage others! You can...!!!

Welcome back all you 2nd, or 3rd or even more timers.

Updated to here. Got 27 so far, including croppincrystie who may not stay. I PMed her with other options so she can go shopping at CKC. Baby steps.

Edited by Vivian loves BLING on 07-30-09 04:21 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Brenshevia
Idol
Brenshevia

Viv can we start posting for August yet? I know we are still a day away. But I havent shopped and I have been scrapping away!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Viv, you're great with the pep talks

I kept my productivity goal relatively low because I'm taking a sociology class starting next (its only a month) so I'm not sure how much scrappin' I'll actually get done. Not to mention, my bf just lost his job (we live together) and may need some financial assistance, so I've gotta behave myself. I had already ordered somethings before we found out about his job, so that'll be the end of it for me, except for adhesive! and possibly a new paper cutter cause I can't find it for the life of me!

Page 1 of 10 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics