Page 1 of 14 
Username Post: Fairy Godmother Swap ACTIVE AND FULL        (Topic#1511169)
Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

Seeing as there is 8 month long swap please make sure you are able to participate the whole 8 months.

I will announce our Princess either the day before or the first day of the month. Once you are crowned Princess please post the survey (see survey below) in your blog DO NOT post before you are crowned Princess. Those who are not a Princess will be fairy godmother hence the title of this swap LOL.

As for how the Princess is picked I will put our names in a hat and have my dd Brianna pick a name. that seems like a fair way to choose the Princess ever month

RULES: buying for all the princesses in advance is a NO NO please don’t do that. The limit will be 20-25 dollars going under is a no no going over is fine just don’t expect the same. Please make sure you go off of the Princesses survey and wishlist when buying gifts.

When mailing your gift(s) please write “Princess” before the Princess’s name so she will know who its from.

We all like to be talked to so please make sure you say hi to the princess lets try to make each month special and make them all feel special. We are all wonderful and beautiful ladies so I don’t think that will be a problem.

Make sure you check in atleast once a week any longer then that you will get booted out prior notice of being outta town or something like that is fine.

Please pm me your personal info before beginning this swap I will need:
Screen name
First and last name
Addy
Email addy
Birthdate
Phone number

There will be a pm thread going on each month to chat about what we will be doing for the Princess and NO the Princess is not invited sorry Princess we luv ya hehe.

On to the survery:

Princess Survey: Put in your blog ONLY once you're crowned Princess.

Are you married (name and how many years) , have kids (names and ages), pets (names and ages)=
Are you a weekly or daily chatter on the forum?
Album Size you work with the most=
Favorite Mag. that you don't subscribe to=
Do you like Idea Books=
If so, what kinds=
Favorite Brands of Paper=
Favorite Color=
Colors you don't want=
Colors you do want=
Items you don't want to recieve=
One big item or several small spread out=
Scrapbooking supply you would love to see come your way=
Favorite Scrapbooking Subject=
Events you like to scrap=
What techniques do you like/do/would like to try=
Favorite Embellishments=
Fiber/Ribbon? What type & color?
Favorite Adhesive=
Who is your favorite scrapping company? =
How would you define your scrapbooking style? =
Do you journal every page=
Do you like hidden journaling=
Do you like handmade items=
Prefer store bought items=
Any non-scrapbooking item you have been putting off buying yourself=
List 10 things you would love to be showered with=
To what online stores do you have a wishlist?Please list the websites as well as the username and passwords to retrieve them.=
Are there any GC's that you would love to see come your way from stores (do not have to be scrappy stores) you shop at in your hometown?=
What are your favorite snacks? =
Do you have any allergies?(smoke, floral, perfume, etc.) =
Anything you would like your fairy godmothers to know about you?
Anything you would like to add that I forgot to ask?

Participates:

Mandi (Briannasmom)
Cris (nuskrappa)
Steph (scrap-a-shop-a-holic)
Shawn ( Eltringham)
Kim (Scrapingbliss)
Nonny (nonnysbooks’s)
Jana (lprncess3)
Lisa (lstory)

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Briannasmom

WOOHOO!!!! I'm soooo excited Mandi and you have done an excellent job with the rules! I will PM you now!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to StarsNSparkles

Thank you Steph thats what took the longest!!

AND>>> I KNOW WHO THE PRINCESS IS ALREADY

hmmmm isnt it GREAT being the hostess lol

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Mandi, Mandi, Mandi ( jumping up and down with excitement here) tell me...PRETTY PLEASE....I promise I won't tell a soul, it will be our secret...who is first?????

LOL, just kidding.

You did a great job with this. I'm so excited, this is going to be a lot of fun! Thanks for taking on the big job of hosting this for us!!

I'll PM my info.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to Scrapingbliss

I'm not telling you all have the suspense until the 1st haha

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

NO SUSPENSE!!! I want to know right now!!! You better tell me or else I am driving to your location under a pile of snow and I'll....I'll...well, you will just have to see when I get there!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

you woudl be like a 6-8 hr drive. my mom is in palatine and that a 6 hr drive so well see when ya get here I might just side track u with the moa and archivers and M;s and J's and storables lmao

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

The only way you are going to sidetrack me is with the money to spend at the MOA & Archivers & M's and J's!!! LOL!!!

I'll get Brianna to tell me...no kid can keep a secret...not when you promise candy and pony rides and ice cream treats!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Wow Mandi...I just read over the survey questions and I am going to have a hard time filling that out!!! I think I will go ahead and print it and start thinking about the questions, especially the don't wants...I know there are things, but it would be hard to think of in just a couple of days!!! I hope it will be OK if there are a lot of IDK's...because I just don't know..lol

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

yes that is fine you fill it out before but please dont post in your blog on here until youare crowned queen. I figured there would be alot of idk but try to fill out th eimportant things what you do want a list is best to go off of and make sure you put what your fav snack is *HINT*HINT*

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Oh, I won't post, but I definitely have to think about this...want to remember the things I want and the things I don't want!!! I'm pretty open to most things, but there are some definites that I wouldn't want...but I'm also easily enabled, so I will change my mind a lot before my turn...hehe!

So.....

who's queen???

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

I'm not budging sorry luv few more days I might even post the day before you never know

Eltringham
Idol
Eltringham

Hello, I'm home! Just found this, so who's queen?

Eltringham
Idol
Eltringham
In response to Eltringham

Pretty please?

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

so seeing b-days now I cant make any gurantees about being "princess" on your b-day month I still think its very fair to just have my dd pick a name outta a hat or in my case a bowl LOL.
please let me know if you feel otherwise

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Mandi...it is perfectly fine how you have decided to do it...drawing out of a bowl is fair and a great idea! Don't worry about offending anyone!!!

Now....

who....

is......

QUEEN????

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

alright I'll give ya a clue hows that????
wait for it..............

wait for it..............

its its its........ someone in this swap

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

OMG I;m laughing so hard here I can pee myselg LOL sorry i know I;m mean

soon my dear soon....

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I never realized it, but you are mean Mandi...lol! Just kidding, I can wait to find out, it is only a few more days, so not too bad!!! LOL...of course, since you love me more than all the others, you could just tell me!!! I promise I won't tell THEM!! LOL

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Mandi!!!! I HAD NO IDEA YOU HAD SUCH A CRUEL STREAK IN YOU!!!!....That's pretty cool...

Stephanie, she does not love you more...you can't learn before the rest of us...that's not fair!!!

Mandi, I have no problem with having your DD draw the names out of a bowl...works for me, just so long as you don't tell Stephanie first!!! LOL

Edited by Scrapingbliss on 07-29-09 06:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Hush your mouth girlie...your showing your jealousy...

I'm sure someone out there somewhere loves you more than they love me...surely someone...somewhere does....OK maybe not

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

alright ladies lets not let this get to us only a few more days it wont kill ya ok maybe it will LOL

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Okay, Stephanie, she won't even cave to stop a fight...Sheez...

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

LOL...that's because she knows we weren't truly fighting...so maybe if we go to her house and starting kicking and punching and pulling hair...then she will pull us apart and take me into another room and whisper into my ear who Cinderalla is!!! Then, we will come back and laugh b/c you don't know!!!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

you girls are too funny nope I'll just stick you both in different rooms and have time out until you can play nicely!!

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

wow just say this posted any already closed

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to mommie75

I'm not funny at all Mandi....I'm being totally, 100% serious!!!! I don't like that Kim girl...she doesn't deserve to know early....but I do, I have been such a sweet innocent wonderful person! Who could resist telling me?

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Mandi, you sure are tough...I promise...I won't tell Stephanie you already sent me a PM with the name...OOPS!!!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

I havent had everyone check in here I need everyone to check in before we start

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

Hi! Just visiting. I hope you have a wonderful time with this great swap!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to johnsusan8

just visiting myself, and I WANNA KNOW WHO THE PRINCESS IS AND I THINK I SHOULD KNOW SINCE I AM NOT IN THE DANG SWAP!!!!!!!1 um, pretty please?????????

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to CommaHolly

Mandi...send them a PM...tell them if they are unable to check in and send you the info, then they will not be able to participate. Definitely send Jana one, she is often able to check that but not check into the mad chatters forum!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I sure hope our friends don't bail!!! I'm really worried now!

Kim...I know your lying...Mandi told me you were trying to PM her and saying all kinds of nice things about her to get her to tell you...but she assured me that I was the only one she had told early!!!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I have a question...when I am Cinderalla (btw, is it queen or cinderalla? because we are fairy godmothers...wouldn't it be cinderalla?) If I find something I want and put it on my survey, can I also give the site where I found the cheapest price? For example, for my cuttlebug, the alpha dies are like $50 or more...but I found a site where they are $22.95...can I give the site too in case anyone wanted to give me those????

lstory 
Mayor

Just stopped by to say that I pm'd my details to Mandi a couple days ago. That's when she told me who would be the Princess next month.

Lisa

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to lstory

Oooooooo, Lisa!!! We just calmed ourselves down and now you come stir us all up again!!!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Stephanie, I've been using Cinderella to go with the Fairy God Mother and to be a bit different from the other swap...besides I LIKE the idea of being the beautiful Cinderella for a month.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

• Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic Said:
I sure hope our friends don't bail!!! I'm really worried now!

Kim...I know your lying...Mandi told me you were trying to PM her and saying all kinds of nice things about her to get her to tell you...but she assured me that I was the only one she had told early!!!

I'm beginning to think she is playing us both!!!

lstory 
Mayor

Mwah-hah-hah!

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to lstory

I can't believe I was gone for a day and a swap opens and closes before I can get in! Better luck next time. If you need an extra let me know.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to DivaDana

Kim....Lisa thinks she can run with the big dogs! Lets show her who is boss! What should we do to her...hmmm...guess we need to get Holly in here for some good torturing advice!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

I wanted to be different since I know the host from the other swap so instead of queen princess but cinderella sounds better!!

I will pm her

I am very nervous about her when hosting I like when everyone checks in especially if they made a comminet prior kwim.
dont get me worng no hard feelings but this is a BIG and LONG swap I dont want ANY of US getting screwed

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

That was the whole point of this swap being just amongst us friends...because we can trust eachother and none of us will get screwed. Anyone who doesn't sign in by midnight tomorrow just won't be able to participate...don't get worried...it's just how it has to be! Yes, it is long, and I truly hope people are sincere!

You had me really worried...lol...I thought me and Kim were the only ones who had signed in!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

no I was looking in my pms to see who sent there info already and its just Jana who didnt.
you are fine Steph relax let me do the worrying here

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

LOL....no, I am worrying because I want this to work as does most everyone else! It was my idea to start this swap in the first place, so I would feel really bad if it didn't work out! It's going to work! It's going to be fun!! Do we get to tease Cinderella about what she may or may not be getting? Or does it all have to stay hush hush?

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

sorry I shoudl have added all the too darn it bad bad me

teasing is 100% ALLOWED
there will be a pm started by ME as soon as I post who is cinderella and that will help us buying for our lovely cinderella so there no duplicates and so forth going in on something is fine

it will work out just fine even if we lose one person

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

• Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic Said:
Kim....Lisa thinks she can run with the big dogs! Lets show her who is boss! What should we do to her...hmmm...guess we need to get Holly in here for some good torturing advice!

Oh, I'm sure if we put our heads together we can come up with something really GOOD!!!! Can't let her get away with this kind of stuff...

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

If we loose one person, Mandi, that's okay. We still have a good group here...Cinderella is going to have an AWESOME month!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Yep..and I've changed my mind...I want to be Cinderella first!!! I think I deserve it since I am such a wonderful person

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Oh, no you don't!! You already said you don't want to be first! You can't take it back now. This is going to be soooo MUCH FUN!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

well I am the hostess so I should be first isnt that fair I mean come on???

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Nope...nothing fair to that Mandi...lol...in fact, I think you should be last...hahaha!

Oh hush Kim...no one knows that but you and I am a woman and I am entitled to change my mind....soooooo............I WANT TO BE FIRST!!!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Do you have any kind of an "in" with Breanna, Stephanie? Cause she is the deciding factor here.

Hey, Mandi, what is Breanna's favorite thing? What can we bribe her with?

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Hey...you leave brianna alone...she's my buddy! I've already taken her to Dairy Queen and we went to WM and she got some polly pockets, then we went to the park and we played for like 2 hours, then we sat together all comfy cozy and read books! We are best buds now!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

LMAO trying to bribe my kid now LMAO

ya'll have lost your minds

well...she love the color pink love the be read to and love to play games and ice cream of course she will tell you oooo its my favorite

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

See...easy as pie...she is in my pocket...lol!

It's really not up to Bri...it's up to Mandi putting the names in the bowl...too bad when she did that, she wrote my name on all 8 pieces of scrap!!! HAHAHA

Lost my mind? You mean I had one to begin with?

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

oh yeah i forgot you never had one I dont think I had one to begin with either lol

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Yep...guilty as charged, never had a brain! I'm like the scarecrow...or is it the tinman? No, I think the tinman didn't have a heart...not sure if I have one of those! I got courage out the wazoo though...lol

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

tinman wanted a heart and scarecrow wanted a brain lol.

I got a heart I think no brain cant even do a crossword puzzle courage nope never had it

lstory 
Mayor

Hey, don't even joke about that! I can't imagine having the courage to sign up for the army.

Lisa

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to lstory

LOL i guess so but after getting injuried and having my dad throw it in my face I lost everything AGAIN. I have to say the army gave me my courage and wanting to be somebody all that was gone with a blink of an eye

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

How did you get injured

Oh, btw...

who's Cinderella??? Can't you tell us??? It is only 2 days early!!!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

I fractured my pelvis in 2 places. I got pushed while we were running. nobody confessed. stayed on it for 2 weeks did a road march with all my gear heavy stuff right there and after that I couldnt move I had to be carried to the dr. after that I treated like ******** and was told I was worth nothing by one of my drill srg and also by my dad.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

That is totally awful! I am soooo sorry that happened to you!! But...don't let them devalue you as a person! You are worth something and you do count!!! How is your hip/pelvis today? Does it still bother you?

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

it still bothers me very much so. the drs say the bone healed well but it still gives me problems like I get pain sharp pains and it shots down my leg umm sometimes my leg goes tingly and numb. they say its all in my head.

I woudlnt say my life is rougher then someone elses but I did have one I got beat on by classmates as well as my dad always wanted to prove to him I am something and wanted to hear him say he was proud of me never got that. BUT I had/have a wonderful step mom (mom) to me that has always said she was proud of me. I have a confusing life lol. dad remarried way to many times and my real mom is by all means not a good mom

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I'm sorry to hear that mandi...but it seems like you have really turned your life around and made something a lot better out of it then you could have! At least you rose above what you had and made yourself a better person...you could've become just like your natural parents. Be proud of yourself!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

yes I guess you can say that BUT what alot of people DONT know and I cant believe i am saying this is I have very little patience and I get frustrated and mad WAY to easily with my family not someone i want to be.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I think many of us do that...I know I certainly do! Not a great quality to have, but I am guilty...so do NOT feel bad!!! A lot of that is probably the stress you are under, raising a child, being married, working, bills, etc. etc!!! Don't be too hard on yourself...I do NOT believe that you belittle your family and that is what I feel like your family did to you, other than your step-mom

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

not its really not a great quality to have. dh trys to reassure me I'm doing good and Brianna loves me just the same.

your very sweet thanks!!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Sweet...lol....tell that to MY DH!!! LOL!!! You should feel good about yourself...I think you are a great person and a great friend and a great mom! You let other people get to you too much...but you shouldn't!!! Listen to your DH....you are doing GREAT!!!!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

I do let people get under my skin and what not.

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

ok.. mandi i know i sent u a pm with my info.. but did i check in?? lol.. umm i am gonna have to wait until tomorrow to read the whole thread..but i will.

i am soo excited about the swap, cant wait to see whos first!!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to nuskrappa

Cris you are fine hun I got your pm and you are ready to go only one more still nothing.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Don't worry about reading it Cris..it was just me and Kim fighting mostly...lol

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Alright Mandi...you said you could tell us one day early...so WHO IS IT!!!!???? I want to know...so you better be telling and don't try to act all innocent...we know you know!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

I'm gonna wait to see if Jana comes on still no word from her I think it may be 7 months instead of the 8

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

when does Nonny get back from oot

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

TELL US!!!! It doesn't matter, just tell us already!!!!! LOL. The suspense is killing me!!!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

You need to tell us Mandi...Jana will see when she finally logs in...or maybe not if she has changed her mind! I really hate to lose her, but she knew it was starting August right?? Just tell us already!!!

Don't know when Nonny will get back...did you know Lisa is leaving??? I will also be gone for a few days...but I'm taking my laptop, so I will probably be able to check in. We have vacation 8/9-8/12.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

yes I did see that how long is Lisa gone?? hmmmm what should we do?? shoudl we just go on with it

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Yes, go on with it, she is only going to be gone a few days I believe and she said she would be able to check in, just at wonky hours!!! As long as no one flakes and no one gets burned...then we are good to go...I think the first month will prove if there will be trouble...but I really don't think their will...I trust everyone!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

I dont think we will have any problems my only concern was Jana since she hasnt been on kwim

alright tonight I will post I will give jana a few more hrs.

I'm really excited and if someone gets burned I will hunt ya down with the big guns HAHA

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

No one will get burned...we are all good people...right everyone...Helloooooooo, I asked a question...right?????????

You can post Cinderella even if Jana hasn't logged in...she will find out!!!

I gotta go to a birthday party tonight...tell me now!!!

Oh...is their a date we have to be postal by?

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

We won't get burned, I trust you guys...and Jana can find out tonight

You know what Steph, I just figured out who Cinderella is...I thought it this morning but now I'm pretty sure...

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

Kim lets see if you are right tell me

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

You want me to tell you here or PM you?

nonnysbooks
Veteran
nonnysbooks

Nonny is back in town....I'm not gonna be the excuse for holding the secret back!!!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to nonnysbooks

Welcome back, Nonny! Stephanie and I have been waiting so sweet and patient like and she just won't tell us!!!!!!!

nonnysbooks
Veteran
nonnysbooks

Yeah, Nonny can see how sweet and innocent ya'll have been while I've been on the road swearing at my internet connection, or lack thereof.

Eltringham
Idol
Eltringham
In response to nonnysbooks

Hi Nonny, Welcome back! Don't they sound like the stepsisters fighting over the glass shoe?

Sorry, love you guys, but I HAD too! It was too good to let go!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Why be sorry, Shawn? We've been having fun, why shouldn't you?

Mandi, just needs to tell us already!!!!!! Youhooo are you there????

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

hi girls... i wanna know who it is too!!!!

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to nuskrappa

I'm here I'm here....I am so sorry guys...it has been a rough couple of weeks...and this week was equally rough. I am here and I will not burn anyone I promise!! I'm sorry I kept it off so long!!

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa
In response to llprncess3

hi jana.. welcome back! im sorry things havent been good for ya. i hope that everything gets better soon. if ya wanna talk about i am here.. or pm me..k? im glad youre back!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to nuskrappa

She's here! She's here! So tell ussssss!!!!!!!

Hi, Jana. Welcome back. I'm sorry things have been so rough for you. If you need to talk we are here for you, all kidding aside.

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to nuskrappa

Thanks!! It has just been one thing after another!! I am so excited about this!

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa
In response to llprncess3

me too.. i cant wait to find out who is cinderella first!!! c'mon mandi!!!!

Eltringham
Idol
Eltringham
In response to nuskrappa

We are all here!! Time to find out who Cinderella is!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

We seem to be missing a key element here...

Page 1 of 14 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics