Page 3 of 15 
Username Post: CLOSED PLEASE REMOVE: Christmas (Invite Only) Secret Pal Swap        (Topic#1511605)
Baby2Thousnd
Mayor
Baby2Thousnd
In response to Drayia

Good morning!!!

Just think we have:
130 Days
3133 hours
188014 minuets
11280930 seconds 'till Christmas, Friday Dec. 25th!!

Baby2Thousnd
Mayor
Baby2Thousnd
In response to Baby2Thousnd

Or i could say:
130 days, 13 hours, 28 minutes and 5 seconds until Christmas.

Baby2Thousnd
Mayor
Baby2Thousnd

Yeaterday Matthew (my 9 yr old) was watching Elf! Man that kids makes alot of refferance to that movie, He wants to put on his cell phone (one that he only uses for the bus ride to and from school) "Matthew the Elf, what's your favorite color?" That kid cracks me up.

We are off to a pool party today after we go clothes shopping for school. Have a great day!!!

dixiecorngirl
Governor
dixiecorngirl

good morning everyone! I hope you all have a jolly sunday!

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula
In response to dixiecorngirl

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Drayia

Can you send a little cool (NOT COLD) this way? We are melting down here!

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to terrihooper

I agree with Terri, a little cool down south would be nice!!!

dixiecorngirl
Governor
dixiecorngirl
In response to Fa-LaLaLaLa

okay girls! we went to get pics done today at sears...here is one of craig and megan....

here is one of craig

here is one of destiny

and here is one of destiny in my old pagent dress that my grandma made me....a 30 year old dress...how cool is that? I have the pic from the pagent to put beside this one....

and craig and destiny together

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Those are GREAT!

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty

Hey Terri, what part of TX do you live in? I live outside of Livingston.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Scrappin Kitty

I live in East Texas in a small town called Gary. It is close to Carthage.

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty

oh how cool, your about 4 counties away from me we are about 1 1/2 hrs outside of Bryan on 59

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

What beautiful children and some wonderful pictures. Sears does such a great job.

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to Drayia

OK for those of you who have made the card holders for gifts, do you just buy an acordian file and alter it, or what? I'd like to make my Mom one for Christmas, just not sure of how to do it.

.MaRLeNe.
Mayor
.MaRLeNe.

Hi girls

Nea, love the pictures, they're both so cute!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to .MaRLeNe.

Amanda i dont think I am understanding are you making your mom some cards and need a something to put them in??

if so I went to J;s and they had a box there in the card section it has stuff to make cards in it but I didnt care for them and I needed a box

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula
In response to Briannasmom

I made this for my sister last year ~ got the tin at JoAnns. I don't have an interior shot, but I did an assortment of cards, organized by theme (birthday, blank, etc.) and included a small pen and a book of stamps inside.

Altered tin for Cards By Ljloula

Fa-LaLaLaLa
Resident
Fa-LaLaLaLa
In response to Drayia

***HO HO HO Hi Shana HO HO HO***

so I've been reading you have been a very good girl this yr and see you have the cricut storage box on your list is there a specific color you want or would like. this Santa loves to shop

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

heres a pic of the one I did

card box By Briannasmom

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty

those are perfect!!! I remember seeing them when y'all did them and loving the idea. Thanks for the help!!!!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

anytime

Fa-LaLaLaLa
Resident
Fa-LaLaLaLa

hi jean

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

Any colour would be fine. I love purple if you like to alter things because I have looked and cant find them in anything but blue and Pink lol.

Baby2Thousnd
Mayor
Baby2Thousnd
In response to Drayia

Good day my fellow Christmas Critters!!!
It has been hot here. Wish I could send some cooler air your way!!!

kreations
Idol
kreations

Morning!
Happy Birthday Renee!!!

dixiecorngirl
Governor
dixiecorngirl
In response to kreations

happy birthday renee!!!

amanda the ones that Laurie and Mandi did are so cute....I was kinda lazy and just did a tote bag with individual bags with the months on them, but all of mine were ready to go with addies and everything on it...all she had to do was write a note and slap a stamp on it, but you have to know my mother....she tends to multitask but never complete 1 project and 2 days later she is looking for what she was working on, etc...LOL!

Baby2Thousnd
Mayor
Baby2Thousnd

Thanks girls!!!!
Lol Nea, your mother sounds like me sometimes. lol

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva

Gooood morning!!

The card boxes are so cute!!

Nea just have to say again...LOVE those pics!!

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva
In response to Scrapping Diva

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house........ (what are you usually doing the night before Christmas?)

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

We always spend Christmas Eve with Bill's family. So visiting, dinner and holiday cheer!

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

• dixiecorngirl Said:
happy birthday renee!!!

amanda the ones that Laurie and Mandi did are so cute....I was kinda lazy and just did a tote bag with individual bags with the months on them, but all of mine were ready to go with addies and everything on it...all she had to do was write a note and slap a stamp on it, but you have to know my mother....she tends to multitask but never complete 1 project and 2 days later she is looking for what she was working on, etc...LOL!

That's a perfect gift for "women who do too much" LOL! And they all know who they are too....;)

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva

• Scrapping Diva Said:
Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house........ (what are you usually doing the night before Christmas?)

Christmas Eve we spend with my parents just having a good time and great food

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house we are visiting family, me and my spouse!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

• Scrappin Kitty Said:
oh how cool, your about 4 counties away from me we are about 1 1/2 hrs outside of Bryan on 59

COOL!
My son lives in Bryan-- He is in his last semester at A and M- graduates in Dec.

dixiecorngirl
Governor
dixiecorngirl

Good morning lovelies!

Iowa Sunrise - First day of school By Dixiecorngirl

On the night before christmas, it usually depends on the year, last 2 years I have worked it, but we always do 1 present before bed and tell the christmas story!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

That is a GREAT pic and a very nice tradition!

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house....we're over at my Aunt's with family, then @ home with assembly instructions, trying to cuss quiet as a mouse
We always go to my Dad's side of the family on Christmas eve, then when we get home we read the Christmas story, and put out milk and cookies for Santa (youngest still belives) Then it's time to put together all of the dang toys with a mill parts each that have instructions in everything BUT plain English LOL

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty

• terrihooper Said:
  • Scrappin Kitty Said:

COOL!
My son lives in Bryan-- He is in his last semester at A and M- graduates in Dec.

That's awesome!! Congrats to him!!!

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house...one present gets opened then time for the Christmas story. We still put out milk and cookies even though my two are alot older it is a tradition. I sit up and watch the black and white version of Scrooge.
Christmas we switch back and forth between the grandparents home.

kreations
Idol
kreations
In response to Drayia

Twas the night before Christmas in true procastinator style I am begging Ian to go to bed so that I can wrap gifts. Then I pour the milk back into the container cus I don't drink milk and of course eat the cookies.

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula
In response to kreations

I would eat the cookies too!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to kreations

twas the night before Christmas and all through the house we are up north at the in laws getting ready for family the next day. we do milk and cookies or atleast try to

Tarynne Wise
Diva
Tarynne Wise

I'm with Keisha on this one! I love to wrap, and some how (even though I start early) i'm usually up 1/2 the night wrapping!! since the little one came a lot some how theres x3 the gifts!! but we have christmas eve dinner of course.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Tarynne Wise

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

I watched A Christmas Story last night. One of my favs! Tell us about some of your favorite holiday movies or shows.

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva

Off the top of my head:

Polar Express
Miracle on 34th St
ALL the Santa Clause movies
ELF

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

Polar express is such a cute one!! Brianna likes Elf.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to ljloula

• ljloula Said:
I watched A Christmas Story last night. One of my favs! Tell us about some of your favorite holiday movies or shows.

This is our (DH and I) absolute favorite! Did you know hallmark has a line of ornaments for the movie? We have them!!! I get one each year for our tree!

My personal fav is A Christmas Carol-- I love each and every version!

.MaRLeNe.
Mayor
.MaRLeNe.

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house we would be spending the eve with my aunt, having a great dinner and opening gifts

My favorite Christmas movies are definately Scrooge, the old black and white one. Love Christmas Story and Elf also!

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula
In response to .MaRLeNe.

Terri, that is too funny ~ I didn't know about the ornaments!

I also love It's A Wonderful Life and the old black and white Christmas Carol. And Scrooged, because Bill Murray just makes me laugh.

cheery scrap
Mayor
cheery scrap
In response to ljloula

Hey ladies! I've been STOOPID busy lately and I haven't had a chance to stop in!

dixiecorngirl
Governor
dixiecorngirl
In response to cheery scrap

hola girlies!!!!

we are a christmas vacation kinda family. that is part of our tradition...in between stuffing yourself stupid and nap time to sleep off the food we watch christmas vacation.

Tarynne Wise
Diva
Tarynne Wise

We are too Nea. It's not really a tradition though.. but since it's on 24 hours before and after christmas, we catch it =]

and A Christmas Story, which is also on non-stop!

i seem to like Christmas shows and movies out of season.. like now, in the summer, they're more fun to watch!!

Aunt25
Aunt25 
Queen
Aunt25

mornin gals! just a quick stop in before heading to bed. promise I haven't forgotten about this, just up to my eyeballs in overtime for the next couple of weeks. left the house at 8pm last night and got home shortly after 10:30 this morning and get to do it all again tonight.

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula
In response to Aunt25

Hang in there Jamie!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to Aunt25

I love christmas vacation too funny.

I received a card in the mail the other day from my pal (am I suppose to post it here??) thanks pal love it!!

Fa-LaLaLaLa
Resident
Fa-LaLaLaLa

Terri,

Santa understands what you're saying about candles that smell like coffee or chocolate!

Do you like flavored coffee, or just the straight stuff?

Fa-LaLaLaLa
Resident
Fa-LaLaLaLa

• Briannasmom Said:
I love christmas vacation too funny.

I received a card in the mail the other day from my pal (am I suppose to post it here??) thanks pal love it!!

GLAD YOU LIKED YOUR CARD MANDI! HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

thanks pal really made my day came when I was feeling like a bus ran over me lol

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

• Fa-LaLaLaLa Said:
Terri,

Santa understands what you're saying about candles that smell like coffee or chocolate!

Do you like flavored coffee, or just the straight stuff?

I love both-- I am a decaf gal and my fav flavors at coffee houses (like starbuck's) is mocha mint latte or raspberry mocha latte. I also have torani syrups here at the house in a variety of flavors for my evening brew-- I have a really cool coffee pot that steams the milk for cappucino and latte's. I just ran out of my fav torani flavor last night (chocolate milano) I have NO CLUE where to buy it since we moved up here-- i am going to check in College Station when we go to the first Aggie game (we are season ticket holders:)).
I think I am rambling so I will hush

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

Oooh, coffee talk! Terri, there's always more to be said about coffee ~ LOL! I am partial to vanilla blends, cinnamon, chocolate. I had a bottle of Torani sugarfree vanilla syrup, lasted a long time! I use the flavored creamers sometimes, generally just milk though. I mostly stick to the decaf after my morning coffee.

A few months ago I got a one-cup maker with a permanent filter in it. He doesn't like flavored at all, and this way I can make a fresh cup in my flavor of choice when I want.

Baby2Thousnd
Mayor
Baby2Thousnd
In response to ljloula

Hi all!!!!
Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house not a creature is sturring except for the mouse.
He runs and climbs up the tree, and lifts his leg 'cause he had to pee.......

Sorry, I had to do it it was stuck in my head.
We usually go to my BIL's for a Christmas Eve Feast and exchange 1 gift with the kids. I don't know what we will be doing this year now they have little Katie. They may go upstate to her mom's. We leave out cookies and Hot Chocolate (we have a plug in hot plate).
As for movies, We love Christmas Vacation!!! Elf, and all three the Santa Claus movies. Plus lots more!! lol

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Tarynne Wise
Diva
Tarynne Wise

ohhh the Santa Clause! Loved the first one!!! Besides drive ins when we were little, i think that's the one and only movie i've been to with my whole family, lol. I used to love to go to the drive in though, it was so cozy.

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

Morning!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to ljloula

HI ladies!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

never been to a drive in before!!

dd just watched polar express last night I like that one

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva

Hello everyone!!

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty

• Scrapping Diva Said:
Off the top of my head:

Polar Express
Miracle on 34th St
ALL the Santa Clause movies
ELF

I'm with Tay, I love all of those EXCEPT Elf (I hate that one ) added to my list would be How the Grinch stoled Christmas, both the origional cartoon, and the jim carry versions & A Christmas Carol (love them all, especially the Muppets, and Micky Mouse )

cheery scrap
Mayor
cheery scrap

Does anyone know why Santa never had any children?

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

hmmmmm good question!

Tarynne Wise
Diva
Tarynne Wise

lol, Jean, is this a joke or are you really asking?

dixiecorngirl
Governor
dixiecorngirl

santa never had kids because ms. claus told him to get rid of all the damm elves before she was adding to it!

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva
In response to ljloula

• ljloula Said:
Oooh, coffee talk! Terri, there's always more to be said about coffee ~ LOL! I am partial to vanilla blends, cinnamon, chocolate. I had a bottle of Torani sugarfree vanilla syrup, lasted a long time! I use the flavored creamers sometimes, generally just milk though. I mostly stick to the decaf after my morning coffee.

A few months ago I got a one-cup maker with a permanent filter in it. He doesn't like flavored at all, and this way I can make a fresh cup in my flavor of choice when I want.

I have to say I have just discovered the joys of flavored syrups, creamers and the like. I was in two coffee swaps and prior to that Nea introduced me to one or two ggod ones...especially Gingerbread

I do occassionally love a good cup of just coffee and milk. Right now I have been loving one that I believe is from madrid and Tim Horton (both I have with just milk)

.MaRLeNe.
Mayor
.MaRLeNe.

Hi everyone

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to .MaRLeNe.

i love my flavored creamers cant do regular coffee

cheery scrap
Mayor
cheery scrap

T, it's a joke, a DIRTY joke!!!

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

oh, it's getting blue around here!

Fa-LaLaLaLa
Resident
Fa-LaLaLaLa
In response to ljloula

Hello Marsha!
I have a few questions for you!
What are your favorite candle/potpourri smells?
You said you like chocolate, any particular kind? fillings? nuts?
If you spoil/treat yourself to something, what is it?
Your Santa needs some answers!

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty

• cheery scrap Said:
T, it's a joke, a DIRTY joke!!!

LOL leave it to Jean to get on the naughty list

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

I was thinking the same thing Amanda lol

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

dixiecorngirl
Governor
dixiecorngirl
In response to ljloula

that's our jean...we were perfectly fine being a G rated swap and then she pops in!

Baby2Thousnd
Mayor
Baby2Thousnd

Poor Jean......... getting a bad rap.
We love ya!!!!!

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva

Happy Hump Day everyone!!!

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty

good morning all

Question of the day: What is your fave holiday treat, something you don't get durning the rest of the year?

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty

My fave treat is what my family calls Raindeer Poop It is coco puffs cereal & nuts covered in white chocolate. LOL the first time my niece saw it she asked what it was and my dad being the smart azz he was said Raindeer poop, so it stuck

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

• Scrappin Kitty Said:
good morning all

Question of the day: What is your fave holiday treat, something you don't get durning the rest of the year?

What we call "trash"-- it is home-made chex mix with some additional spices and items in the mix- YUM!

.MaRLeNe.
Mayor
.MaRLeNe.

Hi everyone

I always make Reeses Peanut Butter cup cookies every Christmas time. They're sugar cookies with a mini reeses in the middle of them ~ so yummy

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to .MaRLeNe.

those sound delish!

.MaRLeNe.
Mayor
.MaRLeNe.

So girls, got a question for ya? Do you send out those Christmas cards with your kids pictures on them or just regular cards? Do/did you stop at a certain age? I'm just so uncertain if I want to do them again.

Baby2Thousnd
Mayor
Baby2Thousnd
In response to .MaRLeNe.

Happy Wednesday all!
Just 121 Days until The Big Day!!!

Great question Amanda.
When I was little my older sister would make peanut butter balls. We would only have them at
Christmas. Now We make them at Christmas and I use the same recepie to make PB easter eggs too. So we get them twice a year. Also Friendship bread!

Terri~ My sister makes both white trash and dark trash. I love that stuff!!!!! We make it when ever the mood hits us!

Marlene~ I never sent out cards with family photo's on them. I would asume that you could do it as long as the kids are willing to participate. good luck.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

hmm I'll have to think about my fav treat. since we are still growing as a family seeing as ours will only be 4. I do want to start a tradition of something I make during the holidays nothing yet hmmm

Marlene I dont send cards with pics I just send cards but i do make calendars or last yr i did little ornaments with pics of dd. this yr is a mini desk calendar that the base can be reused so i will make new "calendar pages" every yr. but its only for the grandparents.
if a family memeber requested a pic then i will send one other wise no hope that helped alittle
sorry i rambled lol

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

Favorite treat both at my Mom's ~ Panetone bread and these imported italian nougat candies in different flavors like orange and lemon. She picks them up at a little deli/bakery on the north side of the town I grew up in.

As a recipient, I really enjoy getting the family pic cards, since I don't have kids myself. I'm pretty lazy and rarely make a big effort with holiday cards. I make a very few for those who appreciate the effort. The others get boxed cards.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to ljloula

Hey Renee-
I don't know why I don't make it when the mood stikes!!! We all love it so much, I should (but then it wouldn't be special, would it?)

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

Look in the new products for Graphic 45 Christmas Past collection. So yummy!

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to ljloula

If I have a ton of extra pics of the girls I'll send them, most of the time though they are just regular homemade cards, which reminds me I've got to get started on mine!

I love making trash, it is soooo yummy!! We make a HUGE batch at Thanksgiving, and people are still eating on it come Christmas

asailorsprincess
Mayor
asailorsprincess

How are all ov santa's HO HO HO's doing?

heheh
I"m so funny.

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to asailorsprincess

lol Mel is going to join Jean on the naughty list

Page 3 of 15 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics