Page 2 of 39 
Username Post: **New Members Welcome!** Who Needs Glue Digi Crew        (Topic#1512441)
JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to scrappercaz

Carolyn - somewhere on your hard drive is a file that has the same name of something you are trying to extract. Happens from time to time. Try extracting again, and take note of the file name it is saying is a duplicate. Stop the extraction. Find the duplicate file on your hard drive and rename it (add a 1 or an A or something similar to the name. you can change the name of a file by right clicking it). The extraction should work after that. CAUTION: Be sure the file name you are changing is indeed just a piece of paper from a kit or something (assuming it's paper based on your error message). Don't change the file name of anything system related or you run the chance of something not working right on your computer...and overseas calls are expensive to call and yell at me

Off to leave some love and update the front page with new members!!

And...one from me I stayed up WAY too late to finish last night...I hate when I do that, makes me grumpy in the morning!!

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to JHAWKEYE

Jill - I thought it was funny when you called me Jane. There is a song on the radio (perhaps you've heard it...it's actually very irritating), but one of the lines is something like "they call me girl, they call me stacey, they call me her, they call me Jane...that's not my name...that's not my name"...etc. Anyway - after reading your post I had that idiotic song stuck in my head all day...so thanks for that

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to JHAWKEYE

I had another thought...

Constructive Criticism. Do you like it? Do you want it? I'm assuming because you've all joined this group that you want tips, ideas for improvement, suggestion for change, etc. Carolyn and I have gotten to the point that we just tell each other what we think (good, bad, or ugly) right in the comment section, but I do realize that isn't everyone's cup of tea. I've seen some people use the good/bad/good rule (say something nice, add your critique, then say something nice again), and I've seen the "only say something nice and leave critiques in the group thread". Which do you prefer??

glensgirl
Idol
glensgirl
In response to JHAWKEYE

Morning gals! Hope everyone has a good day. It's rainy here in South Carolina.

My opinion on constructive criticism is please be honest with me and give me your opinion. Especially if I say, this needs something but I don't know what. It drives me nuts to get all good, good, good comments and not one person will say something like "it looks great but have you thought about changing this, or moving this"...kinda thing. I won't get mad at anyone giving me their opinion and while I can't guarantee that I will take their suggestion, I will at least consider it. That's my opinion.

I'm off to check out some of you galleries!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to JHAWKEYE

• JHAWKEYE Said:
Jill - I thought it was funny when you called me Jane. There is a song on the radio (perhaps you've heard it...it's actually very irritating), but one of the lines is something like "they call me girl, they call me stacey, they call me her, they call me Jane...that's not my name...that's not my name"...etc. Anyway - after reading your post I had that idiotic song stuck in my head all day...so thanks for that

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

I agree with Erin.

I always see ppl post and ask for help on how to make it better and SO many people say "it looks just fine as it is". I always (or most of the time!) offer my 2 cents ... but no one seems to respond so never know if it's appreciated or not.

At any rate, it's fine with me ... here or in the gallery!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-13-09 08:51 AM
In response to peenut_23

Busy day today, so my two cents are: YES to friendly constructive criticism! You can tell me if you think something's ugly... but maybe say it nicely? lol. Also yes to constructive non-criticism (i.e., put some thought into it and explain WHY you like something, not just say 'i like it').

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to stick

I'm so glad to hear that we are all (so far) pretty much on the same page...I too tire of the "beautiful" or "nice page" comments...I'm very appreciative when someone takes the time to comment, don't get me wrong, as those seem to be few and far between in the digi gallery. But I relish the opportunity to take a second look at my LO's when someone points something out, as they are seeing something I obviously didn't.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to stick

• kuzatab Said:
Do you guys like to print your creations? Or do you have some that remain digital?

Hi!! I've printed some of mt stuff 8x8. I just did some printing of 12x12 through shutterfly... had coupies and deals that made it worth the while.... only I'm not overly pleased. So I'm looking for other printing sources.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

BTW - all the shopping talk - I love it... BUT (yes a big but....) I'm *really* trying not to spend right now. So I'm avoiding the temptation!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to JHAWKEYE

• JHAWKEYE Said:
Oh man...it hasn't even been two days and we are enabling each other! *giggle*

Carolyn...that's a wonderful idea and I will absolutely do that and keep it updated...starting tomorrow

to everyone! Thanks for joining us...

I'm off to bed...5 am comes too early...goodnight!

Enabling is one of the things us scrappers do best!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• scrappercaz Said:
Morning all,

Talking of enabling.....did you all get the TaylorMade insider email on her new kit with extra $$$s off?

No. And maybe that's a good thing, helping me with the whole not spending thing

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Jill - great idea to start sharing some lo.... Here is a lo I did recently about one of my obsessions (not scrapping this time!)

*Obsession* Doors By Scrappycath

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

OH - as to my "style" I don't have one. I like trying different things all the time. And usually the photos tell me how to design the page. Does that make sense to you gals?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to stick

• kuzatab Said:
So we all use Photoshop? That's cool! I'm interested in the techniques you're all using - whether purchased kits, or just some brushes you've downloaded, or something you've created. I consider myself a beginner so I'm a sponge for information!

I have PSE 5 and 7 and CS2

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Sorry for the thread jacking.... trying to get caught up!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to peenut_23

• peenut_23 Said:
Have you girls checked out this gallery here? mru?

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/268495/list /-1/20/1.html

She just puts me in awe! I love her most recent and then on page two: Dream and A Boy's World (she doesn't publicly enable or otherwise I would post them here). Her work just puts me in awe!

Very pretty stuff. But not my style. My pages are more about recording events, periods in time, feelings, or memories.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to JustLori

• Lori...ProudArmyMom Said:
Thanks, Carolyn. Yes, Rylee is doing well now, though she's still got some trying times ahead. She was born May 5th, and she'd been at Children's all this time. Low birth weight, cleft palate, tethered spine, and her lower jaw was too small so she couldn't suck or breathe. So they broke her lower jaw, pulled it forward, and attached screws, which, until October, will stick out of her little cheeks, kind of like antennae. And she will have her surgery for the cleft palate sometime after the first of the year. Anyway, the doodlebug is doing wonderfully...she had a doc appt yesterday and weighed in at 8lbs 15oz. I must say, it's rather strange to see her now, active, smiling, and noisy, since most of her first three months she was sedated and asleep every single time I saw her.

So my work schedule got changed last night, and I will actually have tomorrow off. So hopefully, I can get something scrappy accomplished! Now, off to be *gasp* domestic, because this place ain't gonna clean itself, lol! Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Lori - what a brave and wonderful little trooper you've got there! Thank you for sharing this. to you and her mom/dad and to Rylee!!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to Lycosparks

• Lycosparks Said:
Welcome, "Obsidian" and Erin! It's great to have you here. Looking forward to seeing your work!

Lori, so sorry to hear about your dgd. What an awful thing for someone to go through, especially at so young an age. Glad she's doing better now.

Kara, most of the exciting techniques I know, I learned from Kate! LOL. But between all of us, I think this could be a good learning experience for everyone. Perhaps we can hold challenges that include a certain technique or something.

Carolyn, hope you have some time to scrap this weekend! I know what you mean about the viruses from freebie sites. For a while I was sticking just to the trusted ones, like Gunhild and A Work in Progress, etc.

Jill, if you like Ikea Goddess, have you ever been to Digi Scrap Depot? It's similar but more organized. I love stopping by there once in a while for a good freebie find!

Well, my washing machine has been broken, so I'm off to my parents' house for the day to do some catching up. And they're feeding me dinner! So I'll see you tonight--have a great Wednesday, everyone!

OMG - Mine too!! Finally got a new washer installed last night so now i'm catching up on all the laundry!!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• scrappercaz Said:
  • Lycosparks Said:

Well, my washing machine has been broken, so I'm off to my parents' house for the day to do some catching up. And they're feeding me dinner! So I'll see you tonight--have a great Wednesday, everyone!

Mine too - how freaky!!

I love the technique challenge idea!

OK - I should have kept reading - and I should have said mine THREE!!! How freaky is that????

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• scrappercaz Said:
Ok, so here's our first challenge. As we're probably all at different levels I've picked something that can be simple or more complex if you prefer.

Challenge -

Produce a LO that includes the same photo (or photos) in colour and in black and white. i.e., two versions of the same photo(s) on the LO. Any subject.

Converting to B&W might be something you're familiar with, in which case you could play around with degrees/filters or whatever to add an element that's new for you. Or it may be a new skill which is will be something else to add to your repetoire.

Submission date will be September 2nd - that's 3 weeks. I hope that ok for everyone?

Have fun!

Fun, fun, fun!!!!

Got another suggestion...... can we post the current challenge on the first page too? This way we have a quick spot to go to to reference details/due dates etc????

I ask this cause my mind is like a sieve and will forget!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

OK - I can't get fully caught up yet. MMS - I'm back where Jude is introducing herself! (pg 2 by my settings)

BBS! I hope!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

LOL, how funny that three of us had broken washers at one time!

Carolyn, I love the challenge idea. Will have to give it some thought!

Kate, I'm with everyone else: criticism is great if anyone has any to offer. Please, no one be afraid to offend!

Off to catch up on the pages that have been posted!

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

So what kind of washers are you all buying?? I'm still very much in with my front loaders...

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to JHAWKEYE

Here's my $.02 on the criticism..... Constructive criticism is always welcome!!! Doesn't mean we have to use it, as each of us has a different eye for our art. I like and appreciate seeing the world through other's eyes, so I really like it when people point something out to me that I may not have realized.

I will apologize right now for this.... I will leave a "simple" comment at times. Sometimes I really do just want to say "Beautiful" or "great page" because that is what comes to my mind when I see that page. And yes, my life is full and busy and sometimes I don't have time to type much more than that. If something in particular stands out to me, I will comment on that. But please don't hate me if I think your page is "cool". There have been some pages I've viewed and all I can say is "wow". So it may be a simple concise comment, but I mean them from my heart.

And I am likely not going to say something along the lines of "have you thought about...." etc unless you have asked for suggestions. As I said earlier, we all see art differently.

OK - so maybe that was more like $.50 than $.02

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I ended up getting a HE washer - but not a front load. I went with the top load high efficiency. Same operation as the front loads - but top loading (bet you figured that part out!) I got a GE that was on sale, free delivery/haul away of old one, free install and a rebate!!!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-13-09 03:40 PM

I want to have the trouble of getting a new washer! Darn apartment living *pouting*

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to stick

we just recently had our drier die on us, stopped pumping out hot air and out gas bill sky rocketed. no new washer.

oh and suggest away, im so used to crits that i don't take anything personally and its neat to see stuff through different eyes. i will try to keep up, but 2 month old baby and 3 yr old big sister keep me crazy busy ... off to play school with K

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

• scrappycath Said:
  • kuzatab Said:
Do you guys like to print your creations? Or do you have some that remain digital?

Hi!! I've printed some of mt stuff 8x8. I just did some printing of 12x12 through shutterfly... had coupies and deals that made it worth the while.... only I'm not overly pleased. So I'm looking for other printing sources.

Do you have a Costco near you?

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

• scrappycath Said:
  • peenut_23 Said:
Have you girls checked out this gallery here? mru?

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/268495/list /-1/20/1.html

She just puts me in awe! I love her most recent and then on page two: Dream and A Boy's World (she doesn't publicly enable or otherwise I would post them here). Her work just puts me in awe!

Very pretty stuff. But not my style. My pages are more about recording events, periods in time, feelings, or memories.

I agree. That's what I love to scrap about but I really LOVE her stuff ... she makes me want to try to be more artsy fartsy!
I think I might buy one of those kits just for fun!

But primarily, I want to record and document things.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to peenut_23

I know what you mean. I want to have a week to just "play" and learn more about PS. Play with blending and making brushes and styles and just fun fun fun!!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Oh and there is no Costco near me

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

super sweet freebie link

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to JHAWKEYE

Hi Sorry I wasn't around yesterday - dh has a few VERY rare days off and we're decorating etc.

Top loader washing machines? I haven't seen one of those since my Grandma had one donkeys years ago!! The new generation of them (presumably) isn't a commom here at all. Actually mine is having a replacement drum but not until next Thursday Luckily my next door neighbour is off on holiday today and has offered me the use of hers while they're away. Phew!

Critisism - I'm also very happy with friendly critisism and will definitely consider suggestions. I'll admit that I won't often actually go away and re-do a LO (unless I'm really not happy with it in which case I probably wouldn't have posted it anyway!!) but I will take ideas on board and use them in future pages.

Great link Kate - thank you.

I was thinking about the different styles we all like and I've realised that I do scrapping these days less for the actual recording of events and more because I like making the 'art' (if I can call my pages that!) Anyway, I think we've agreed there's no right or wrong way so we all just get enjoy each others variety

I print mine from an online photolab. I don't have a good quality printer and I haven't found anywhere that'll print 11x8s. I LOVE doing that size but don't often anymore because of that

Ok, off to do a few chores before getting stuck into the painting again see you all later hopefully and sorry for the marathon post

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Thanks for that link Kate!

Carolyn - it is most definitely art! I love that you get so into the creative process. I think that is what is addictive about this "hobby"

Morning everyone!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

Morning gals,

thanks for the link Kate! Some good stuff there!

I downloaded a bunch of stuff!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

• scrappycath Said:
Jill - great idea to start sharing some lo.... Here is a lo I did recently about one of my obsessions (not scrapping this time!)

*Obsession* Doors By Scrappycath

hey - in Kate's freebie link there is a layered mask template and one is a layer of a front door!!!

You could grab it and use it on one of your pages!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Girls, finally did a digi! Two actually but one is a qp however I did some editing as it wasn't working with the photo I wanted and I added a bunch more brushes!

beautiful mess By Peenut_23

sweet sweet girls By Peenut_23

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to peenut_23

Hi,

my fingertips have almost disappeared havng rubbed down all the joinery today. Painting walls tomorrow hopefully.

I did just treat myself to
this elements kit so if I get time over the weekend I'll be inspired to do something I think!

Off to look at your new pages Jill

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Ooooh, now I've spotted this which is appealing rather. Check out the detailed pages, very pretty - to me anyway. I'm picturing using them on dark rich toned paper...what do you think?

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Sale at Catscrap!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

Oh great Carolyn, as IF i need any further enabling!

Thanks for your comments. I agree about the hard line - the photo was not fitting and I was running out of time. I am going to have to take some of the white background, copy it and then put more brush work in to hide it ... of course you would notice!!!! I forgot about it after I had posted it!!

p.s. I like the oscraps kit!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to peenut_23

Sorry Jill I hate that, when you try and ignore something you know isn't quite right and soneone points it out LOL You can rely on me

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Now, I'm probably being dense (well it is quite late) but how is this effect done?

cool effect

I have a feeling someone will tell me and I'll have a moment but....?...anyone? I think it's cool.

Ok off to bed now, see you tomorrow.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-14-09 02:33 PM

• scrappercaz Said:
Now, I'm probably being dense (well it is quite late) but how is this effect done?

cool effect

I have a feeling someone will tell me and I'll have a moment but....?...anyone? I think it's cool.

Ok off to bed now, see you tomorrow.

Open your background layer.
Put your photo on top resized to fit.
Erase any bits you don't want in the layout.
Duplicate photo.
Take bottom layer photo and reduce the opacity so the background paper shows through.

The next step I'm pretty sure she has used a mask and cut out the top photo image image to a preset shape.

A similar effect can be made with the custom shape tool or the cookie cutter. Take top photo layer cut out the shape. (Do you need tutorials for these steps?)

You should have 3 layers now background with a soft semi-opaque photo over it and a slice of solid photo over everything.

I'm not sure what has been done next but I think it is a 1 pixel black stroke around the masked image.

The image has then been merged and scrapped normally.

I hope this helps.

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to Obi

Great steps Jude...I think you are right on how it was done.

Jill - great LO's...left you some love...

Carolyn - I like both really...and I know you have an affinity for both designers. Buy them both.

Sale at Catscrap???

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-14-09 03:28 PM
In response to JHAWKEYE

• JHAWKEYE Said:
Great steps Jude...I think you are right on how it was done.

I hope so. Quite often I look at a LO to scrap lift I get 60% of the way through and realize a much simpler technique was used than the one I'm trying.

I would mask and stroke it's the faster option. And it looks better when printed as well

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to Obi

I do the same thing! I still from time to time will watch tutorials about basic functions of PSE...I forget shortcuts and things like that so they are a good refresher.

What's everybody up to this weekend??

Finished a LO...woot! I find it amazing that a LO with ten times more stuff on it can be whipped out in no time flat, yet one like this that is much simpler took me almost 8 hours.

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to JHAWKEYE

sittin' home on a Friday night...nothin' to do... so I did my challenge LO too...but...can't post it because the kit I used isn't being released until Sunday...

so now what...I could do laundry...or clean...

think maybe i'll just go to bed early...since I never ever ever get to do that...

sweet dreams!!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-14-09 06:03 PM
In response to JHAWKEYE

Thanks for the freebie link earlier! Quite enjoying all the LOs you guys have posted, I'm being inspired in different directions than I am with paper, which is great! Now I just need time to act on these inspirations.

My weekend is really busy. Tomorrow we have tickets to the Antiques Roadshow, yay! Taking some things from DH's family to be appraised. And I have to finish a cookbook for another group. And some household chores. And if I have time after all that I really want to play with the things I've downloaded this week and the b&w/color challenge.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-14-09 10:26 PM
In response to JHAWKEYE

I saw that in the gallery and commented. I liked the little sparkle you added to each mouth. That must have taken forever.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Obi

Morning everyone,

Thanks so much for the instructions Jude. I'll have a go at that later, or soon at least.

I bought the first set of elements Kate but not the second kit...yet

So, more decorating for us today. I'm looking forward to buying the finishing off bits now, lights, a blind or curtain at the landing window, mirror for the hallway etc! The fun stuff hehe

Kara, I hope you get some good valuations at the Roadshow!

What's everyone else up to?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I'm coming to you thanks to free wifi access at the airport. We are on our way to vacation at Disney.

Speaking of which..... Here's a lo I did not too long ago
Disney Memories By Scrappycath

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Just finished this page while I'm sitting at the airport..... gotta love digi scrapping!

Sunshine By Scrappycath

glensgirl
Idol
glensgirl

Hi gals! I'm off to check out the links and also leave some love in the galleries.

I think I may do some scrapping today so you may hear back from me!

Hope you all have a nice and relaxing Saturday!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to glensgirl

Hi Erin,

Well my Saturday has been a bit disappointing because the paint I bought is looking much paler than I thought and streaky too **sulk** Now I have to re-think my plans

Hope you're all having a good day though. Cathy I'm very envious of you having a holiday, sounds fun.

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

Cathy - Scrapping at the airport on a lappy...LOVE IT!!

Carolyn - so sorry about the paint...paint colors can be so frustrating sometimes. K's room is going to be red (if we EVER get that far) and I'm pretty nervous about how it's going to look...

Thanks for the love, Erin. Hope you are scrapping the day away!

Kara - hope the Roadshow is lucrative! Will this one be televised...will you be famous???

I just created some word art...gonna go blog (not sure what about though...*sigh*...). As Carolyn says, watch this space.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to JHAWKEYE

Well, I am now....

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Well Jude, your instructions were great - pointing me in the right direction. I'll need to tweak my blending but hopefully I'll get a LO uploaded soon with that technique.

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

Blog updated...feel free to download! And...if you see anything wrong, please let me know. I'm so paranoid of having a typo or something.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to JHAWKEYE

Hey! You said chuffed!!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Thanks for that download Kate - really cool!

So how's your day?

glensgirl
Idol
glensgirl
In response to JHAWKEYE

Carolyn, did you put a second coat of paint on? Perhaps that will help to darken it up and hide the streaks. When you chose a paint color do you tape it up on the wall for a few days to see how the light hits it depending on what time of day and also to see how you like it? That's what I do - it helps me tremendously since I'm color challenged!

Haven't done any scrapping yet - gotta get my butt moving on it!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to glensgirl

I haven't yet Erin, but I'd agonised over the colour for ages. I'm thinking it may be something to do with the wall surface rather than the paint which is making it streaky. I'm not sure whethr to just cut my losses and find something else, It's just really odd. Also I love the colour but in a large expanse it's just not got enough ooomph and looks like the walls have just been whitewashed Oh welll, off to the DIY shop tomorrow I guess.

I've nearly got a new page done!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

So I got a page done this evening!!

Us

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-15-09 02:03 PM

Awwe thanks. Just the ego boost I need.

When erasing a background I like to use a soft edged brush there is one that comes standard with in pohotoshop when the opacity is reduced the edges don't jump out.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Obi

You're welcome.

I finished this too while waiting for my DDs to get home!

tfl

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-15-09 03:55 PM

Back from the Roadshow ... and I'm still going in to work on Monday, lol It was fun, though! And we got good info on some items. They don't allow you take pictures, though.

No scrapping yet for me, I have to finish a cookbook and then it'll probably be time to make dinner, but I am definitely going to play with Photoshop tomorrow!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to stick

Such a shame you didn't have any undeicovered treasures but it sounds like you had a good time.

It's nearly 1am and as soon as my girls walk in the door I'll be up to bed. They're babysitting together and due home any minute.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

You're absolutely right! I just sort of used it without think about it too much really because it's part of the new kit....now I realise I'm going to have to cahnge it aren't I

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-15-09 05:19 PM

Does anyone know of any cookbook or recipe-related downloads? Free or not. I'm gonna search, but if you have anything handy I would appreciate it

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-15-09 05:49 PM
In response to stick

The only one I can think of has expired. Sorry good luck.

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to Obi

Here's a few I found:

one

two

three

four

five

six

hope maybe one of these helps :-)

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-15-09 06:30 PM
In response to JHAWKEYE

Oooh, some good ones in there, thanks!!
I'll play more tomorrow, off to watch a movie or something with DH

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-16-09 08:04 AM
In response to stick

Hi ladies, I was wondering if you are still looking for members? I am a very active digiscrapper and I am always on the lookout for inspiration and new ideas and techniques. I am not any CTs, so no product promotion from me.

My favorite shops are Oscraps and Digital Crea, however I rarely buy stuff. About 99,9% of the stuff I have used in my pages are freebies.

If you are full, just PM me, I promise no hard feelings.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Jetje

Hi Jetje - you're very welcome to join us! We are pretty new as you can see, so the more the merrier! Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself and post one of your favourite LOs from your gallery so we can feel that we know you a little bit?

We have an optional challenge which you are very welcome to join too if you'd like to. I think the details are on page 1. If they're not I'll put them here for you.

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-16-09 10:27 AM

Ok, here goes,

my name is Jetje, married and mother to two girls, age 6 and (nearly) four. I have two cats and live in a pretty house in a village in the bulb fields in the Netherlands. I work four days a week as an IT architect, building huge software applications. Well, having them build to my specifications, I don't build anymore.
I have been scrapping a lot since about a year. The page I am most proud of is this one:

Day by the sea
By Jetje

It actually made Gallery Standouts, the one and only time I achieved that.

Nearly all my pages feature my girls. I am currently working on a album of Elise, my eldest, from pics between her second and third birthday. So you'll see a lot of older pics and then recent ones when I really want to scrap them.

I cannot do simple and clean pages, I've tried and failed, I love making quick pages (so if you ever want one done, just let me know) and I work in PS CS3.

Now I am going to go and have a peek at the challenge. I love challenges.

BBL!

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-16-09 10:28 AM
In response to Jetje

Oh and I already know Jill and Lori. Hi girls!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Jetje

Oh that's good Jetje, not really a new girl then Your work is lovely. Perhaps one day in the future we can have a challenge to scraplift frome each others galleriewhat do you think?

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-16-09 01:17 PM

I love scraplifiting, so I would be in! I would try to do your LO Serendipity in my everlasting challenge to try and limit myself to only a few things on a page.... Would never work

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-16-09 02:01 PM
In response to Jetje

Afternoon, everyone! It is for me, at any rate
Jetje, how do we pronounce your name?

Edited by kuzatab on 08-16-09 02:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-16-09 02:09 PM
In response to Jetje

• Jetje Said:
Ok, here goes,

my name is Jetje, married and mother to two girls, age 6 and (nearly) four. I have two cats and live in a pretty house in a village in the bulb fields in the Netherlands. I work four days a week as an IT architect, building huge software applications. Well, having them build to my specifications, I don't build anymore.
I have been scrapping a lot since about a year. The page I am most proud of is this one:

Day by the sea
By Jetje

It actually made Gallery Standouts, the one and only time I achieved that.

Nearly all my pages feature my girls. I am currently working on a album of Elise, my eldest, from pics between her second and third birthday. So you'll see a lot of older pics and then recent ones when I really want to scrap them.

I cannot do simple and clean pages, I've tried and failed, I love making quick pages (so if you ever want one done, just let me know) and I work in PS CS3.

Now I am going to go and have a peek at the challenge. I love challenges.

BBL!

Hi and welcome. What a lovely LO.

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to Obi

Good afternoon/evening all...hope you all had a great weekend. It's so sad to have it drawing to a close...I wish weekends could last forever. This is my son's last week of summer vacation...then it's back to reality for him too. He's a little miffed at me because the week before school starts I make him start going to bed at his school night time versus the who knows when he grew accustomed to over the summer...and it starts tonite

So here's my challenge LO...

and one I did just to be corny...

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-16-09 04:18 PM
In response to JHAWKEYE

Ok ladies there is a sale on digi books where I am right now but it's a rectangular size. Rather than resize my gallery I thought I would make Ultra sound books for each child.

You know before the world knew you I loved you type stuff.

If anyone has done an US layout I need ideas. Thanks.

It was actually my daughters Idea. I have been staring at the book program for days trying to figure out what to do. She wants U/S pictures she can touch and read like a book.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-16-09 04:50 PM
In response to Obi

Jude, I have no ideas, but it sounds like a very sweet idea!

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-16-09 07:57 PM
In response to stick

So far we have decided that it's going to include a few US pics and a few belly pics. The rest I'll wing.

I think she wouldn't mind a newborn picture in it. to compare with the US pics as well.

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-16-09 10:14 PM
In response to stick

• kuzatab Said:
Afternoon, everyone! It is for me, at any rate
Jetje, how do we pronounce your name?

I have no idea how to explain. Let me try, something like Yetye probably.

My first day back at work and we have a heatwave. Right, I am happy NOT!

My building has no airconditioning, please feel sorry for me....

ok, off for more coffee!!!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Jetje

Morning,

Oh Jetje, you poor thing. I'm sympathising and jealous that you're having summer. Can you waft a bit this way please?
Kate, I try and do that too but it's a bit difficult to tell Steph at coming up 18 what time to sleep. I can tell Lois but she's going through a late 'why?' stage questioning everything I say and sometimes it's hard to explain, it's just because I feel it's the right thing to do. They have 3 more weeks of holidays yet including Lois going to Norway for 9 days.

Jude, when I was reading your post I was thinking US means United States and I was a bit confused Anyway, US pics aren't something I've ever done so I don't have any ideas at the moment, sorry. If anything filters through I'll let you know!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

Carolyn, I thought US meant United States too! I was like "nope, none of those pages", being Canadian and all! I have seen some cool US pages before, I'll see if I can find them.

Good morning girls!
Welcome Jetje!

Sorry I was MIA all weekend! We were at our new cottage and the weather was AMAZING! hot hot hot! Lots of swimming ... downside is I am still in cottage mode this morning. I am so lazy. My whole body is ultra relaxed!

Off to get acu

Jude - GREAT tutorial! Thanks so much!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to peenut_23

Sounds as though you had a lovely weekend Jill - lucky you. Have you got going yet today?

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-17-09 09:31 AM

Carlyn, you can have the summer from now until friday. Then I would like it back as Lotte is celebrating her birthday on saturday and I need some fine weather for a bbq.

I still can't believe my baby is going to be 4 and going to school on monday.

And please enlighten me, what are US pics? I apologize but sometimes my english is not up to date

BBL, the girls are flooding the bathroom.

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-17-09 11:59 AM
In response to Jetje

ok, Carolyn, I tried to lift your Serendipity, but somehow I ended up with a lot more on the page.

From birth to four By Jetje

Did I do your design justice?

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Jetje

A week of sunshine would be great - we've had so little this summer I know, they do grow up so fast. Yours is starting school and my eldest 'baby' has left!!

US is ultra sound (baby pictures in the womb. I think your English is amazing!!

Off to have a closer look at your lift

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Hello, everyone! I've been MIA too this weekend. We are coming to the end of our lease by Oct. 31 and so we were out of town looking at apartments.

Welcome, Jetje!

Hi, Jill, glad you had such a nice weekend! It's hard coming back to the daily grind after those trips, isn't it!

Jude, sounds like a lovely project you're working on!

Kara, thanks for asking about the cooking freebies. I decided I want them too!

Well, I'll try to get ACU this evening. TTYL!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Hi Lauri! Did you see any nice apartments?

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-17-09 01:12 PM
In response to Jetje

It was late. I meant U/S.

Ultra sound. I had used the term Ultra sound in a previous post so I thought I was covered.

I've been googling and I'm going to do a few funky arty matted pages digi matt style. And I'm going to do a few very very bold pages with 'hey I almost threw up on your shoes loud' background papers. I saw a lo here where the woman did that it the paper just rocked the U/S pic.

I have a paper which should do the trick nicely.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-17-09 01:14 PM
In response to peenut_23

Thanks. Note to self remember to be careful what I type around here.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-17-09 01:18 PM
In response to Jetje

I do like it, however, I keep feeling tempted to rotate the picture of the baby so all heads are pointing in the same direction.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Obi

Jude, I'm sure it's pretty obvious if you're thinking about stuff like that - it's just that we weren't

glensgirl
Idol
glensgirl

Hey gals. Checking in quickly - just started a new job today so things have been busy. Will be back later to read and respond to posts.

I did scrap this weekend - one of them was for the challenge.
Us By Glensgirl

And here is a LO of my 3 pups. Sadly, Patches passed away 3 weeks ago. But I love what I did for the LO - very clean and simple.

Tucker, Patches and Cino By Glensgirl

Page 2 of 39 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics