Page 3 of 39 
Username Post: **New Members Welcome!** Who Needs Glue Digi Crew        (Topic#1512441)
scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to glensgirl

Have a good day Erin. Great pages!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-17-09 03:18 PM
In response to scrappercaz

Hi everyone - nice challenge LO's so far! I'm still working on mine - have an idea of what I want to do but am not liking the pics I chose at first, so I have to go through my files and find better pics.

"yetye" was kind of what I was thinking, actually

I could use some relaxing! Summer was mostly very stressful, but I'm hoping fall will be better.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to stick

That's a shame you didn't have a good summer. I hope autumn is better for you.

So what sort of photos are you looking for? A different mood?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-17-09 03:28 PM

Partly a different mood but partly better photos, the ones I was playing with were kind of flat and didn't translate to b&w all that well, and I didn't really feel like spending any more time on them. I have tons of unscrapped photos so I know there's something better in there somewhere!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to stick

I hate working on photos that don't inspire me - I'd change them too!

Anyway, I'm off to bed - 12.30 and my eyelids are dropping.

See you tomorrow.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-17-09 04:02 PM

I'm trialing CS4.

I wanted to make a few paths BTDT.

Anyway. I didn't like it. I was rather surprised at how much more I liked PSE7 which I bought recently.

Anyway the download was expired I think opened it a whole 4 times. And I decided to open it and got the message this is your last use. I thought that's odd according to my maths it ran out yesterday. Re-opened it sorry it's expired.
re-opened it again I have an extra 24 hours use but it's running pretty poorly.

I had heard that adobe free trials expire in odd ways but this is just too weird.

I did like however when my computer battery died after a power cut that I still was able to finish out my 30 days.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-17-09 05:28 PM
In response to Obi

Interesting that you like PSE better - any particular reason?

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to stick

Okay so I have a page develoing in photoshop I just can't figure out the journaling

That's strange that you like pse better than cs4, I love my cs3 (too much to upgrade ever version out) but its just what your comfortable with. I am lost with pse but can figure out how to convert pse intructions into photo shop

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-17-09 09:28 PM
In response to stick

Because it's laid out like the Corel draw creative suite. Anybody remember what a truly amazing program that was?

I still have a copy on an old computer it's most likley abandon wear now. And I am still amazed that P.S.C.S.4 Is only catching up on some of the functions.

Ok I'm horrified that PSCS4 is only now catching up with some of the functions. The filters are a scrappers dream.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-17-09 09:51 PM
In response to outsidechic

I guess it's what a person is used to though. I tried a lot of the new hot functions and found them a little limited or confused in their execution. I read the users forum before I downloaded and had to say I agree 100% with the users critiques. It's nice it's fast but it's not for me.

PSE sucks up a lot of ram and is slower but it has so many scrapping presets.

And that's what does it for me. Being able on a long night to click on a little icon which brings up a pre-set function written just for scrapbooking and be finished.

I guess I should mention PSE7 is also extremely plug in friendly there are a lot of after market addons which give it the functionality of pscs4 without losing the scrap friendly interface.

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-17-09 10:06 PM
In response to Obi

• obsidian Said:
I do like it, however, I keep feeling tempted to rotate the picture of the baby so all heads are pointing in the same direction.

I thought that too at first so I rotated the pic, but it looked really weird. Her pics as a very small baby are all laying down, so that is why I decided to keep the pic as is and the emphasize it with the little heart. Along the lines of 'it's not a bug, it's a feauture!'

I'm sorry, weird geek humor getting away from me.

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-17-09 10:09 PM
In response to Jetje

I really like CS3. I rarely use the filters, I use actions a lot and then build from there. You can download those from all kinds of great sites.

I have never tried Elements. What are the scrapfeatures?

I started scrapping in Paint Shop Pro XII. It was very easy to get started in and some features are better than CS3. But on the whole, I love CS, but am not thinking op upgrading yet.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-17-09 10:19 PM
In response to Jetje

You don't have to free transform to resize there is a box you tick and when it's on everything opened in the layout can be rotated and resized.

If I want a 12x12 page with a transparent background I open the pre-set scrapbooking template.

I have a little tray at the bottom of my workspace where I can review all open elements and drag and drop onto my LO.

If I want to edit my photos I have before and after option so I can revert to the original at any stage. And I can discard the edit with one click. This option also works on actions.

All filters have picture icons so I can predict how they will work before applying it to my lo.

It organises all my scrapped pages in it's photo organiser. I then can add a large size of journaling about each lo as well. For example all my kit details.

It comes with a very good selection of digi kits. And digi book templates.

And I can still use it as a basic PS.

Edit paths run actions photo edit.

What I can't do is create paths, create actions or the edit in 3D.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Obi

Good morning,

I'll admit to being a bit of a hopeless case with tech talk. I just kind of glaze over reading stuff like that so I can't add anything to that discussion I'm afraid I'm too visual and I need to see what you're talking about

Does (or has) anyone here entered LOs into any of the normal open challenges on the challenge forum? I'm just curious how your entry was received. Kate and I did once or twice and were basically told they weren't welcome I'm just thinking ahead to whether we'll do a poll vote for a winner in our challenge and if we'll get many voters or not.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-18-09 12:05 AM

• scrappercaz Said:
Good morning,

I'll admit to being a bit of a hopeless case with tech talk. I just kind of glaze over reading stuff like that so I can't add anything to that discussion I'm afraid I'm too visual and I need to see what you're talking about

Does (or has) anyone here entered LOs into any of the normal open challenges on the challenge forum? I'm just curious how your entry was received. Kate and I did once or twice and were basically told they weren't welcome I'm just thinking ahead to whether we'll do a poll vote for a winner in our challenge and if we'll get many voters or not.

That's why I like PSE because in order to do most of the things you simply click on the matching picture.

I haven't tried entering the normal challenges because a lot of challenges are for paper only or for closed groups. I don't mind though because there are simply too many digi challenges to enter out there.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Obi

Do you mean on this site? or others? To be honest I have stopped looking for digi challenges on hre after the reaction we got last time. I only do the challenges in the other group I belong too now.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Obi

• obsidian Said:

That's why I like PSE because in order to do most of the things you simply click on the matching picture.

Give me pictures any day! EVen so I'm sure I'm not aware of half of what it's capable of doing.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-18-09 12:36 AM

I mean that I belong to other sites and they all have challenges and prizes and I've won a few but to be quite honest. I can live without entering that many competitions.

There are more than enough online for everybody to have their own area of expertise and challenges.

I'm more than happy for paper scrappers to have paper competitions. And for digi scrappers to have digi competitions. I entered a hybrid one once didn't win. But DD got a nice T-shirt out of it.

And since I paper scrap as well and I know how time consuming and expensive it can be. I can actually understand traditional scrappers being resistant to sharing a competition with digi scrappers.

It's not a level playing field and I know we have the upper hand. I went to a scrap shop the other day and I kept thinking is this it? Where is the fun stuff?

I'm sorry that the other scrappers were not nice in how they handled it though. I have heard similar stories from paper scrappers though. These competitions can get very cliquey and very touchy too easily.

Just remember that we have so many more options available to us.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-18-09 12:41 AM

• scrappercaz Said:
  • obsidian Said:

Give me pictures any day! EVen so I'm sure I'm not aware of half of what it's capable of doing.

Shussh,... but I've only had it a few months and I have no clue either.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Obi

That's true and I do appreciate the options we have - which is why I digi scrap now! I don't feel the need to enter lots of challenges any more although I did for a while. I think it was just the way it was handled honestly, no big deal.

Anyway I must go and start my day!

See you later maybe

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

Good morning...hi how are ya??

I gotta say...I have PSE5 and I am in no hurry to upgrade at all. DH bought a mac that has CS3 on it...he wanted a mac and thought that I would be falling off my chair excited about CS3...and I'm really not!! The only thing I wish I could do more of w/PSE is action related...but I've found a site here or there that has great actions that run in PSE, so I'm happy for now.

Will try to catch up on LO's tonite...at first glance they all look great!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

• scrappercaz Said:
Good morning,

I was just asked to enter my recent layout in "Beautiful Mess" ... by SuperAllyFan.

I host the Scrap that Large Photo challenge and I welcome digi. (it's not running this month).

I haven't seen a whole lot of digi in the challenges though.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

So I use PS7 at home - LOVE IT!
I use CS3 at work - LOVE IT!

Tried CS4 ... hated it! I hated the interface. I am sure that there are some big improvements but for me (for now), all the tools I need are in PS7 or CS3.

Good morning everyone! Hoping to get some digi scrapping in today but really am not sure!!!!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to peenut_23

so to feel old i have been using photoshop since #6 thats what 6 versions ago, so i am totally into photoshop, just have to up my masking skills. and i am also forcing myself to learn lightroom, because editing 30 or so photos at a time sounds so appealing to me. and i have been playing alot more with photography lately than scrapping.
oh and i had to use correl at work and hated it.

so now off to finish my blog surfing and then maybe i can either scrap or take pictures.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to outsidechic

What blogs are you surfing? I love to add to my list!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to peenut_23

I really don't get blogs. I've looked at a few but really, they're just online diaries aren't they? What am I missing?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-18-09 10:49 AM

Carolyn, I don't get blogs, either. I just don't have time and for the most part am not particularly interested in the diary aspect. It can be a nice way for people to share things, but overall I feel like I have to wade through a lot to find what interests me. Too many of them load slowly, too (and on dial-up they're practically impossible), so that just irritates me.

Talk to me about actions! This is a new concept. Can I use them in PSE5? Or do I need to wait until I upgrade to 7?

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to stick

I look at blogs for inspiration ... to check what my favourite artists are up to. I love checking them out. Maybe I'm a bit nosey too!

I have my favourites and I check up on them every once in awhile. I keep my own blog ... for a variety of reasons, DT stuff, recording stuff ... I personally really enjoy it.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to peenut_23

Jill, I can understand that digi designer blogs would be good for inspiration, I guess I'm less interested in people's everyday stuff (I went to the supermarket and got a bargain today type stuff which probably not a very true impression of what a lot of blogs are like )

Kara, I can't help you I'm afraid but I'm interested to see!

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-18-09 01:01 PM
In response to stick

• kuzatab Said:
Carolyn, I don't get blogs, either. I just don't have time and for the most part am not particularly interested in the diary aspect. It can be a nice way for people to share things, but overall I feel like I have to wade through a lot to find what interests me. Too many of them load slowly, too (and on dial-up they're practically impossible), so that just irritates me.

Talk to me about actions! This is a new concept. Can I use them in PSE5? Or do I need to wait until I upgrade to 7?

Yes you can use actions in PS5.

However I've heard you can only run actions designed for PSE5. A lot of other versions there is a touch more flexibility.

However great news. The scrappin cop, and atomic cupcake both have free actions for PSE5. Which are truly great actions. Just make sure it says compatible with in PSE5 before downloading.

You can also google freebie sites I had a site bookmarked which had a whole section devoted to free PS actions.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-18-09 01:11 PM

• scrappercaz Said:
Jill, I can understand that digi designer blogs would be good for inspiration, I guess I'm less interested in people's everyday stuff (I went to the supermarket and got a bargain today type stuff which probably not a very true impression of what a lot of blogs are like )

Kara, I can't help you I'm afraid but I'm interested to see!

I blogged a few months ago about how I got a discount on my 1 T HD I was very please with myself. Does that count as blog banality?

I thought it was the best thing out there. When the exchange rate went back up and prices dropped my 1TB HD was still a great deal.

I'm still proud of that.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Obi

I've no idea what one of those is but it's sounds a good deal - probably more interesting than supermarket stuff!!

What do actions do though?? I'll read any answers tomorrow as I'm off to bed now though.

G'night.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-18-09 03:12 PM

A very very big external hard drive. Can't live without it. If you don't let then turn off ever now and then they only live for 6-12 months. I never want to turn it off.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-18-09 05:22 PM
In response to Obi

Jude, that is one big hard drive

So what is an action, exactly? Is it like a filter?

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-18-09 06:06 PM
In response to stick

Thanks I like it.

An action is a recording of steps to make something. A giant shortcut. Press play and it does it for you.

My favourite actions are things like stroke to path so you can brush the outside of a page or shape. In PSE you need an action to do this. It's cute for that stitched look on things.

I mainly use actions to decorate my text. And it's how most designers make alphas. It saves a lot of time.

If you can think out how to do it you can record an action and repeat it.

There are so many actions I have stopped downloading. Except from my favourite sites.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Obi

If you go to Amanda Taylor's blog, she has some actions on there ... one of her actions is to resize her photographs automatically.

She actually has some pretty amazing stuff on her blog - LOTS of really GREAT tutorials about how to make your photos look better and stuff.

She has a freebie action: http://www.taylormade-designs.net/

K - getting ready for bed, night all

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to Obi

Actions - are the best thing ever. Really. They can take a piece of paper and in about 5 seconds, turn it into a plastic button. It is in fact a "recording of steps" - you run the action and it does everything necessary to make that paper into the button. They can turn paper into metal...into glitter...into chipboard...etc...

here's the link to the atomic cupcake page...you can download a freebie and there are instructions for how to install them into various versions of PSE. TRY IT!!

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-18-09 08:14 PM
In response to JHAWKEYE

I have spent the last few hours trying to crash CS4. It's been fun. I found out why it reactivated. Somewhere there was a glitch in how many days had expired.

Something interesting too know. I think it might be because I didn't use it that often so the count down got mixed up or it might be because my computer was reset. It is a lot faster than PSE.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Obi

Actions sound interesting. I've seen them and I think you explained them to me before Kate but I didn't 'get it'. I'm still not sure (I really am hopeless with tech stuff adn yea, that is considered techy by me!!)...so maybe I'll have to download one and try it to see!

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

Carolyn - next time we're online at the same time I'll walk you through it...

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to JHAWKEYE

• JHAWKEYE Said:
Actions - are the best thing ever. Really. They can take a piece of paper and in about 5 seconds, turn it into a plastic button. It is in fact a "recording of steps" - you run the action and it does everything necessary to make that paper into the button. They can turn paper into metal...into glitter...into chipboard...etc...

here's the link to the atomic cupcake page...you can download a freebie and there are instructions for how to install them into various versions of PSE. TRY IT!!

Kate, do these actions work in PS7 or CS2, do you know?

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Morning girls!! Another busy day so likely no digi scrapping for me ...

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to peenut_23

Hi

Busy day for me too, covering extra while my boss is away. I have a very simple LO almost done but just need the right finishing touch. Maybe tonight!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-19-09 09:11 AM

Ah, thank you for explaining! I did download the one currently on atomic cupcake but haven't had time to install it yet.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to stick

My brain sort of glazes over when I start reading techy instructions. I need someone to sit beside me and talk me through while I look at the screen Or wait for dh I guess.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

So I managed to finish this after all...

relaxed fit

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-19-09 02:52 PM
In response to peenut_23

Yes they do.

All good designers will put what programs the actions work with next to the description of the action. If they don't skip the action. I've downloaded a few from freebie finder which have not been worth the effort.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-19-09 02:55 PM

• scrappercaz Said:
My brain sort of glazes over when I start reading techy instructions. I need someone to sit beside me and talk me through while I look at the screen Or wait for dh I guess.

So does mine. I couldn't find the load option on PS when I installed my first action. I bugged 2 freinds for hours until somebody sent me screen shot. Then I got it straight away. I'm simply too visual.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Obi

two of a kind then

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-19-09 03:15 PM

Yes. Youtube has video tutorials. A lot of scrappers swear by them. It's a lot easier to learn something if you can see the steps.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Obi

Agreed! I have to be in the mood though. AT the moment I have a great digital photography book that includes a lot of PSE stuff adn I've been *intending* to sit and try out some new stuff for about 4 weeks now because I know I'll struggle, as much as I want to do thsi new stuff. I need some quiet time - maybe when the girls are back at school!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Ughh, migraine-y headache coming on, maybe, so I'm off to bed - goodnight.

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

i love actions, although i use them mainly on just my pictures.

the blogs i usually surf are linked to my blog, or so i think they are. most are scraplebrities that i like to look at for inspiration, and my friends that i have made here. i don't get facebook, i have account to keep up with family that's about as good as i get on there.

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to peenut_23

• peenut_23 Said:
Kate, do these actions work in PS7 or CS2, do you know?

They do...here's a direct quote off the site:

"Requires Photoshop 7.0 through CS4, or Photoshop Elements 3.0 through 7.0"

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-19-09 10:36 PM
In response to JHAWKEYE

Morning ladies,

I love actions, I usually use them for the pics though. But I am so going to try out the sites you have put up here. If I ever get the time.

And thanks Jude, for the explanation on the scrap stuff in PSE. The tray sounds cool, CS does not have that. But I work with two screens, one with my scrap stuff and one with CS. I can then drag and drop.
And the filter result. I do not get filters, mainly because I have no clue how the result will be. If I ever get some spare time, I want to look into that.
So maybe you can point me in the direction of tutorials or something??? Be much appreciated.

Really got to start work now. So BBl!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Jetje

Morning all,

I'm at home today waiting for my washing machine to be fixed - at last!! But I have repoerts to finish so no scrapping until that's done!!

I must say I'm really enjoying all the swapping of ideas etc that's going on here. It's what I hoped a digi group would be all about, as well as sharing our LOs

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Oh, don't forget 30% reductions at designer digitals today

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-20-09 01:21 AM

I have a wishlist at Oscraps. I just never get the chance to buy them let alone use them! Too busy.. DH will appreciate it, costs no money now!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Jetje

Mine never knew how much I used to spend on paper stuff. He'd have fallen off his chair I think!!

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

• scrappercaz Said:
Oh, don't forget 30% reductions at designer digitals today

Did you see the 99 cent Clusters Stickers and Brushes??

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to JHAWKEYE

Mmm, thinking about them.

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

They're cute...I like them a lot...just not sure what occasion I would have to use them. I absolutely want the Cinzia masks though...your LO looked awesome with it, and the set also has the three sectioned mask and I'd like to try to find something to use that with. I'm not one for masks, usually, but I really like those alot.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to JHAWKEYE

I adore masks (as you know!) and they are certainly some of the best. I used the one with 3 square-ish sections recently too - love 'em!

LindaC
LindaC 
Diva
LindaC

Hi Kate. I've been a bit of a drop out lately and was just browsing through some of the new posts. Do you have room for another one in your group? I'd love to join.

Linda

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to LindaC

Linda!! Of course you are more than welcome to join us...we'd love to have you! How are you??

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to JHAWKEYE

Hi Linda - great that you're joining us

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

Hi gals

Welcome Linda!

There is a sale tomorrow 1-2 CT ... everything in the store $1. I'm not really sure about what they have though?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-20-09 12:07 PM
In response to peenut_23

Hi! Well, I moved into the 21st century last night .... we finally got DSL! It's been too expensive here until recently so we've been on dial-up this whole time. Now my downloads won't take forever

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-20-09 12:15 PM
In response to stick

So is a mask basically a specialized shape selection? Probably an over-simplification but I'm trying to learn

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to peenut_23

• peenut_23 Said:
Hi gals

Welcome Linda!

There is a sale tomorrow 1-2 CT ... everything in the store $1. I'm not really sure about what they have though?

where at??

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to stick

• kuzatab Said:
So is a mask basically a specialized shape selection? Probably an over-simplification but I'm trying to learn

Yep...that pretty much sums it up. And you just "clip" your photo or paper to them.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-20-09 01:04 PM
In response to JHAWKEYE

Cool, thanks! I'm starting to understand some of the cool techniques I see you all using

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-20-09 01:36 PM
In response to stick

Hi everyone,

Still haven't bought my stuff at oscraps and skipped designer digitals for now. I have done a page though. I had everything done but couldn't find a good wordart, so made one myself. Was fun to do.

Your smile
By Jetje

And now I am really off to bed. It getting on midnight over here. Night all

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-20-09 01:37 PM
In response to stick

• kuzatab Said:
Cool, thanks! I'm starting to understand some of the cool techniques I see you all using

Do you use elements? I have a link for a tute and plug in for elements so anyone can mask without clipping.

It's on another forum if anyone wants it P.M me for the link and I will email it. I clip 90% of the time but some soft fade masks need to be used the correct way.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-20-09 01:38 PM
In response to LindaC

• LindaC Said:
Hi Kate. I've been a bit of a drop out lately and was just browsing through some of the new posts. Do you have room for another one in your group? I'd love to join.

Linda

Welcome

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to stick

• kuzatab Said:
Hi! Well, I moved into the 21st century last night .... we finally got DSL! It's been too expensive here until recently so we've been on dial-up this whole time. Now my downloads won't take forever

Yay! Congrats!

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-20-09 01:48 PM
In response to stick

Congrats. I finally moved to DSL a few months ago. It's just so expensive here.

It makes the downloads very fast.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-20-09 02:02 PM
In response to Obi

Jude, thank you, pm'ing you.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-20-09 02:03 PM
In response to stick

Hi Linda! Now you have to post a favorite LO you've done and tell us a bit about yourself

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-20-09 02:52 PM
In response to stick

Message sent. I had to edit it though. My children wanted to watch a DVD. Why is the instant I start doing something simple they turn up? And then it's never that simple again. lol

LindaC
LindaC 
Diva
LindaC
In response to stick

hi girls. i have been around here for a long time. i'm hoping you will all keep me inspired because i've been a bit of a drop-out lately. my biggest project and most of my layouts are for my grandkids' scrapbooks. i have both PSE and CS2 but honestly, my layouts are almost all done using Lumapix FotoFusion, a program i've grown to love. i use the others for touch-ups, etc. here is one of micah that i haven't posted until today.

Cool Dude with Attitude By LindaC

the only product i recognize is the "vector grunge brush #1". if anyone recognizes where those other little line things came from, let me know and i'll give proper credit.

well, it may take me awhile but i'm off to check out some of your galleries. i'm so happy to be here.

Edited by LindaC on 08-20-09 05:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to LindaC

Morning

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-21-09 12:33 AM

Morning Carolyn!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Jetje

Hi there, it's nice to have someone on a closer time zone!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

I finished my challenge LO last night but was too tired to upload, here it is...

For anyone who hasn't seen it the challenge details are on the first page of this group thread. Optional entry of course! Just for fun.

Now I really must get rady for work!!!

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

Just popping into say good morning...off to work I go. Will catch up on layouts tonite!!

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-21-09 04:45 AM
In response to JHAWKEYE

I will put it on my list of things to do. I like challenges.

It is getting annoyingly busy here. I hate cleaning with kids around. It just makes no sense to do. They have everything destroyed in less time I took to clean it.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Jetje

It's like the saying - tidying your house when you have children is like clearing your driveway when it's still snowing.

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-21-09 06:01 AM

ROFL! So true

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-21-09 06:48 AM
In response to Jetje

Dropping one off

Summer fun
By Jetje

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-21-09 04:32 PM
In response to Jetje

Hi everyone! Organizing the things I've downloaded with my new DSL I plan to do some scrapping this weekend, both digi and paper. But we've got some household stuff to take care of, too, so not sure quite how much I'll get done. Nice to have a weekend, tho!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-21-09 04:37 PM
In response to stick

More nice LOs you're all posting. Every time I try to do something with that much white space it just makes me nervous, lol. I think I might have to challenge myself to do an LO with lots of space.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-21-09 05:29 PM
In response to stick

Okay, maybe a stupid question but I have to ask .... what does "CU" mean?

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-21-09 06:47 PM
In response to stick

Here are the most common abbreviations.
CU. Commercial use can be used to make kits for sale.
PU Personal use can only be use by you no gifting or scrapping for others.
S4H Scrap for hire can be gifted or used to scrap for others and you can be paid for your scrapping.

Every designer has their own set of rules so it pays to read the TOU that comes with a kit.

LindaC
LindaC 
Diva
LindaC
In response to Obi

Hi girls. I spent a little time today trying to get a look at everyone's galleries - not quite finished yet but i'm working on it. can't believe i actually did a page for jacoby's scrapbook tonight. i was inspired by the black and white and color combo thing goin' on. don't know if it fits into the challenge - probably not. you will have to tell me. the bottom layer is the background, next the b&w picture and on top of that a color picture that lays exactly over the b&w pic.

tubein' By LindaC

hope everyone had a great day. i'm soooo glad it's friday!

Edited by LindaC on 08-21-09 06:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-21-09 07:30 PM
In response to LindaC

• LindaC Said:
Hi girls. I spent a little time today trying to get a look at everyone's galleries - not quite finished yet but i'm working on it. can't believe i actually did a page for jacoby's scrapbook tonight. i was inspired by the black and white and color combo thing goin' on. don't know if it fits into the challenge - probably not. you will have to tell me. the bottom layer is the background, next the b&w picture and on top of that a color picture that lays exactly over the b&w pic.

tubein' By LindaC

hope everyone had a great day. i'm soooo glad it's friday!

I like the way the photo background fades into black and white.

LindaC
LindaC 
Diva
LindaC
In response to Obi

okay, i promise after this i am going to bed. nothing like stalking the gallery. i posted the last one, started closing out my pictures and ran into this one of micah and the next thing you know, it's a scrap page.
deep thoughts By LindaC
night everyone. have a great weekend just in case i don't get back for a day or so. i'm so glad i found your little group. you have inspired me already!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to LindaC

Morning all, happy Saturday!

So glad you're being inspired Linda - you're doing some lovely pages For the challenge I had intended there to be 2 'photographs' on the LO.....can you be inspired to do another page that fits that? I hope that's ok?

I have one work appointment today but then I'm free - if you can call it free with 4 teenage girls coming for a sleepover tonight Ah well, I know and like them all and it's the last blast before Lois goes off to Norway then back to school.

See you later

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

Good morning friends!! I think I've caught up on LO love.

Any big plans for the weekend? I need to take some pictures...I'm running out (except for sports ones...and I'm just not in the mood to scrap them!). There's also a new place that opened here that does one hour foot massages for $15. I think I'm gonna check it out!!

Here's one I whipped up...well, ok, I worked on it for dang near six days but only a few minutes at a time...not my most favorite way to scrap but I'm addicted!!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to JHAWKEYE

Hope you find some time to scrap Kara!

I have 4 teenage girls sleeping over tonight (apparently!) so what I do tomorrow depends on how much sleep I get tonight LOL

Page 3 of 39 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics