Page 4 of 39 
Username Post: **New Members Welcome!** Who Needs Glue Digi Crew        (Topic#1512441)
stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-22-09 10:38 AM
In response to Obi

• obsidian Said:
Here are the most common abbreviations.
CU. Commercial use can be used to make kits for sale.
PU Personal use can only be use by you no gifting or scrapping for others.
S4H Scrap for hire can be gifted or used to scrap for others and you can be paid for your scrapping.

Every designer has their own set of rules so it pays to read the TOU that comes with a kit.

Ah, thank you. I do read the tou's, just couldn't figure out those abbreviations I started keeping a file for all the tou's that come with a download, but I have stupidly deleted a lot over the years. At least when I downloaded them I did confirm that I was allowed to use them, and I only do stuff for myself anyway.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-22-09 01:33 PM
In response to stick

The best thing is when unzipping to keep the TOU with the kit because quite often designers change and update their TOU's and it is also a general guide how some like to be credited.

I try and avoid designers who say 'you must direct link to my shop in all galleries', because it's against the rules in several galleries. However it is ok to post a link to a blog I think.

And some allow resizing, and recolouring and others don't. Some are tagger friendly, others are not.

It gets very confusing.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Obi

I have to shamefacedly (I think that's a word!?!) admit I've never read a single TOU I didn't realise they contained stuff about how credit should be given and I'll probably still not read them to be honest. give credit *shrug*

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-22-09 03:04 PM
In response to scrappercaz

Ugh, I cannot keep kits together or I would never use them. I just try to make sure the designer's name is part of the file name so I can find the tou later, or at least find them by googling if I have to.

I organize all the items by how I use them - so a folder for paper, a folder for letters, etc. And I delete files I'll never use, like all the button embellishments, I just don't use buttons.

Okay, back to searching my pics for something good for the challenge.

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to stick

• kuzatab Said:
I organize all the items by how I use them - so a folder for paper, a folder for letters, etc.

So if you buy a complete kit, do you break it down into the paper, letters, etc folders as well?

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to JHAWKEYE

Morning all,

I store my kits complete (I just gradually get to know what papers/embellies etc are in each one) then I have separate folders for frames, papers, embellies that I download separately. I thought about breaking up kits because sometimes I'm serching for a little elements/frames/shade of off-white paper or something and can't remember which one it's in but decided against it.

I have so many reports to do tday but at least it's nice and warm, I'll take my laptop into the garden and do it hopefully.

LindaC
LindaC 
Diva
LindaC

No problem at all, it's definitely ok. i didn't really do it with the challenge in mind. i just happened to notice that it might fit especially the "i.e., two versions of the same photo(s)" part.
quote=scrappercaz] So glad you're being inspired Linda - you're doing some lovely pages For the challenge I had intended there to be 2 'photographs' on the LO.....can you be inspired to do another page that fits that? I hope that's ok?

Edited by LindaC on 08-23-09 01:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to LindaC

Dropping one off...hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-23-09 10:45 AM
In response to JHAWKEYE

• JHAWKEYE Said:
  • kuzatab Said:
I organize all the items by how I use them - so a folder for paper, a folder for letters, etc.

So if you buy a complete kit, do you break it down into the paper, letters, etc folders as well?

Yep, I just go through the kit and move the individual files into whatever folders I want them in. I've never made anything using the contents of a single kit anyway, I pull items from all different sources and collections. (I cook the same way, lol, can't follow a recipe to save my life, I always have to tweak it.) If I'm thinking about say, background paper, I want to see all my choices at once and not have to go through a hundred different folders, which would drive me bonkers. And part of the filename is always the kit name and/or designer's name, so if for some reason I ever really needed to match anything up I could just do a file search.

Arg, so much laundry! lol. Might not finish my challenge page today, but I'm working on it

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to stick

I could easily swap to your way Kara, it would make sense to me too but I can't be bothered to move everything around LOL.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-23-09 10:56 AM

lol It does take a little time to organize, but I also get to see everything as I organize so it's a good way to know what you have.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to stick

True. I've seen a lot of forum discussions about this over the years and there doesn't seem to be a perfect way to be honest.

I can't believe where today's gone, it's 9pm already!!

LindaC
LindaC 
Diva
LindaC

hi girls. just popping in to say hi. i'm getting ready to go to wegmans (anyone have a wegmans where you live?) it's an awesome grocery store. i'll be back later to continue my luv on everyone's gallery. i did another one for micah yesterday. he will probably like this one better than the last one with the serious face - lol.

Micha's First Time Tubein' By LindaC

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to LindaC

Is it a special kind of grocery shop Linda?

Off to look at your latest LO - you're really on a roll!

nkochrn
Expert
nkochrn
In response to stick

Hi I'm Nichole, I just started digital scrapping. I'm using Print Shop. I've been looking for freebies and downloading a bunch I plan to upload my pages to shutterfly to print in photobooks.

I'm 25, married for 4 years now and have 2 kids. Marissa will be 2 in November and Ryan is 2 months old. I constantly have more and more to scrap and less and less time to do it! LOL. I'm loving the digital though b/c I don't have to drag a bunch of stuff out and then worry about Marissa getting into it. I just have to turn on the computer!

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-23-09 02:58 PM
In response to nkochrn

Does anybody have the name of that scrapbooking program which can be bought. The one which for every file you enter a key word and then when searching for something ie staples it brings up thumbnails of every staple.

I think that program would be very popular on this thread.

LindaC
LindaC 
Diva
LindaC

• scrappercaz Said:
Is it a special kind of grocery shop Linda?

No, it's a regular grocery store but not just ordinary. My DH says it's the ultimate grocery experience. Everything is presented so beautifully and I don't think there is anything they don't have.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-23-09 06:14 PM
In response to LindaC

No Wegmans here, Linda, but I do have tons of grocery stores and specialty shops. I'm a foodie, I LOVE grocery shopping!!

Almost finished the challenge LO and I'm really pleased so far, but I need one more embellishment - a lodgepole pine and/or douglas fir brush or silhouette.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to stick

Hi Nichole welcome to the group, pleased to have you join us I can't imagine scrapping with 2 small children Digi sounds a good idea LOL.

If you fancy getting stuck into a fun challenge, the details are on the first page. It's just for fun but if you don't want to that's fine, it's just there if you fancy it.

Linda - a grocery shop that a makes a man rave must be good!

Jude, that programme sounds fantastic. I have vaguely heard of it but I don't know anything more about it than you.

Kara, I hope you find your embellishment.

See you later.

LindaC
LindaC 
Diva
LindaC

• scrappercaz Said:
Morning all,

I store my kits complete (I just gradually get to know what papers/embellies etc are in each one) then I have separate folders for frames, papers, embellies that I download separately. I thought about breaking up kits because sometimes I'm serching for a little elements/frames/shade of off-white paper or something and can't remember which one it's in but decided against it.

I have so many reports to do tday but at least it's nice and warm, I'll take my laptop into the garden and do it hopefully.

I store mine the same way you do except when I come across an item that I know I'll want to find later, I copy it to the appropriate folder too. Like, if there's a cute little frame I know I'll use later, I'll keep it with the kit but copy it to my frame folder too. Isn't it amazing how much "stuff" we accumulate? I have tons.

Edited by LindaC on 08-24-09 08:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to LindaC

ooooh! I hadn't even thought of copying stuff and having it in 2 places!! you learn something every day!

Sorry to have been MIA, long day at work and then teen drama tonight with my DDs best friend and a rather worrying boyfriend. All's ok thankfully.

LindaC
LindaC 
Diva
LindaC

How is it that you can work forever on a layout and it's just not working? Then you remove all the stuff from the page intending to start over...and there it is...all done. That's what happened to me on this one.
Kinzua, Pennsylvania By LindaC

And here's one for Micah...
Jumping off Butt Rock By LindaC

Edited by LindaC on 08-24-09 06:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

nkochrn
Expert
nkochrn
In response to LindaC

I usually go to a crop every few months and I get LOTS done at those! I LOVE crops. I was really pleased with my first layout! I plan to do the challenge on Wednesday while the toddler is at daycare and it's just me and the baby. I work night shift from 4pm-4am just to make things a little harder. LOL I get lots of weekdays off though. I'll be off work wed, thurs, fri this week! Here's my first layout.
Swim 2009 By Nkochrn
Swim 2009-2 By Nkochrn

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to nkochrn

Morning,

Great new pages Linda and Nichole. I'm just wishing I had some time to do something!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

Morning girls!

Welcome Nichole!!

Sorry I was MIA ... was at the cottage all weekend! Gonna try and get some digi scrapping in today!

SO GUESS WHAT GALS? Dh bought me a Nikon D5000 with 2 lenses (one portrait and the other is something). The D5000 is a lower model camera (I think) but the lady at the store said it's really all about the lenses anyway ... the camera was still a pretty penny but he wanted the extra moula for the lenses.

This was a gift for our 12 year anniversary that we celebrated on Sunday ... "celebrate" a very long shot. Really, I just gave him a card ... guess he felt bad cuz yesterday I came home to this baby!

LindaC
LindaC 
Diva
LindaC
In response to peenut_23

WOW jill - great anniversary present. I keep thinking i'd like a canon rebel but just can't get myself to spend the money. i have a fuji finepix right now that's about (probably) 6 or 7 years old. they have so improved since then. what kind of camera do all of you use?

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to LindaC

Well done hubby!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

thats awsome about the camera : ) i have a rebel xti and a few lenses and love them all ... especaily my newest ones and the clerk was right, it's alot about the lenses. have fun with the new baby, and do take it off automatic (in my case the little green square)

so we went to the zoo yesterday and i forgot my big camera and had to make due with my p&s i am so going back (bought season passes) with my slr and taking more photos. i will try to get the some of the pictures up on my blog today ... dh very nicely deleted all the work i had done yesterday, by closing photoshop on me ... might try out lightroom for the editing but i donno.

ttfn

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-25-09 08:57 AM
In response to outsidechic

Wow, awesome present, Jill!!

Linda and Nichole, you've been busy! Will have to examine them later when I have time to do more than glance at them.

I have a Canon A95 p&s, got it 4 or 5 years ago. I'm trying to learn how to get out of total auto mode. I would love a telephoto and a wide angle lens, and I've started eyeing the Rebel, but it's just a dream at the moment.

nkochrn
Expert
nkochrn
In response to stick

I just have my little Kodak point and shoot I got a few years ago. I've never messed with anything more sophisticated. I'd love to learn more about photography though and possibly upgrade my camera.

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to nkochrn

im still dreaming about my wide angle lens ... the sigma one is about hlaf the price of the cannon but i still have to wait ... its funny the more common lens are way cheap like a 70-300m zoom but the 10-20mm wide angle just isn't too common ... but then a 50mm lens is considered wide angle, so i guess i just want more widness

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-25-09 12:13 PM
In response to nkochrn

Hi ladies,

Well, one birthday party done and dusted and both girls are now in school. It is so weird that the youngest is in school now too. Now if I didn't work I would have an amazing amount of scrap time! But sadly, nobody pays me to scrap!
I have two pages to show off:

My princess By Jetje

My birthday princess

And this on from pics taken a few years ago.I don't like the end result that much but I am so stuck. Anyone have some tips on changes I could do to get it better?

Icecream understands 3
By Jetje

Well, tomorrow I have to go back to work again. Only two days this week. Not too bad.

Talk to everyone again tomorrow

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Jetje

I'm not sure about advice on your LO Jetje, I'm too sleepy but I'll have another look tomorrow

Goodnight.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-25-09 02:38 PM

Jetje, I think it's just a little unbalanced, but you're almost there. I adore the colors! The upper right corner is too empty and square, and there's a lot of color and activity on the left half of the page. Here's how I might play with it: make the masked picture bigger to differentiate it a little more from the framed pics (they're pretty close in size so I think they're competing), overlap the framed pics, get rid of the leafy vine things (too much verticality combined with the border on the left) and scatter more curled ribbons in bright yellow and a couple of greens and possibly one in that same purple as in the little flower. Actually I might make the framed pics a little bigger, too. If you want to keep the leafy things (they're very pretty) I would try making it part of the border on the left - maybe use it instead of the yellow ricrac.

Now, I like a full, busy page, so if you're trying for something with any good negative space then I'm no help at all

glensgirl
Idol
glensgirl
In response to glensgirl

Hey girls! I have a ton to catch up on. Sorry that I haven't been around much lately. I just started a new job last week so I've been very busy. Hopefully after this week once I get the hang of what I'm doing I'll be able to be more regular on the boards!

Erin

nkochrn
Expert
nkochrn
In response to glensgirl

Jetje-I love your LO, not sure what I'd put in that corner? I like lots of pics on a page though, so i'd probably fill it with more similar pics if ya have them. Maybe 4 more little ones framed like the others.

It seems I'm always adding flowers to my layouts, gonna have to quit doing that now that I have a boy to scrap for;)

LindaC
LindaC 
Diva
LindaC
In response to nkochrn

ok girls...i filled the whole page on this one! it's a little out of my element but i had a lot to say and several pictures. wow...i'm just glad to have it done. let me know if you see anything that should be fixed. i'm absolutely tired of looking at it.

Kinzua By LindaC

LindaC
LindaC 
Diva
LindaC
In response to LindaC

hey, i'm not holding out. several of you have asked if i would share how i do my blending. (thanks so much for the compliments) i'm not so sure i can be much help to most of you unless you use fotofusion, which is what i have been doing all my layouts with. i'm assuming most of you use photoshop. it seems to be the most popular. anyways, with FF, you just slide a matte over the picture and it takes on the shape of the matte, (maybe a bit like the cookie cutters in PS, which i haven't used much, so i might not know what i'm talking about). then i adjust it in size, zoom in, zoom out...whatever, maybe duplicate a section for effect and "whallah", it's done. i have quite a collection of mattes. for any of you FF users, i'd be glad to help. it's so easy.

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-25-09 10:50 PM
In response to LindaC

Wow, thanks for the advice, Kara and Nicole. I am itching to try it out! Only bad thing is I am at work so I have to wait until I am at home. Grrr.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Jetje

Moring,I'm working from home today and I have a TON reports to finish up. My washing machine broke the first time I used it after it had been mended so I have to stay home until the engineer has been. Do you have the same system when they say "the engineer will be with you between 8 and 6" so you have to be home the whole day

nkochrn
Expert
nkochrn

Good Afternoon! Nap time for the babies, time for mommy to play here I just finished a 2 page layout I started yesterday. Now I need to find me some pics to start working on the challenge! I

Edited by nkochrn on 08-26-09 12:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

nkochrn
Expert
nkochrn
In response to nkochrn

I keep losing part of my post!

nkochrn
Expert
nkochrn
In response to nkochrn

Smiles By Nkochrn

Smiles 2 By Nkochrn

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to nkochrn

Evening (or afternoon for most of you)

I can't believe how productive you all are...so many new LOs!! I need to get going.

For all you newer members...when the group first got started we spoke about critique and wanted to know if you feel the same. Are you open to friendly, constructive critique or would you rather people kept their opinions to themselves ?

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-26-09 12:43 PM

Evening Carolyn!

I am open to tips and constructive critisism (did I spell that right?) I got great pointers today from people here for a page I got stuck with. Just about ready to post a new one. And this is much better, so thanks girls!

I would like to leave the critique to here and not in the galleries. In the galleries I am just all for praise, especially if someone comments on some detail on the page. I love to see what people pick up on as it can be so different. Does anyone agree?

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Jetje

I like the idea Jetje and I promise I will try and remember to leave the critique here...I hope I can do that because in my other group, (Kate and I especially) leave our ideas in the galleries.

Is everyone else happy with that?

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-26-09 12:49 PM
In response to Jetje

And here it is:

Icecream understands part 3 (revisited)
By Jetje

I am happy. Gooing to bed. Tomorrow is the last day of work this week! Yippie

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-26-09 12:51 PM
In response to Jetje

Mm, just thought of the fact I still want to the challenge. How much time do I have left before the deadline of entry?

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-26-09 12:51 PM
In response to Jetje

ok, now I know I really need to go to bed. Was that correct english or translated dutch????

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Jetje

The challenge date is 2nd September and your English is brilliant!!!

LindaC
LindaC 
Diva
LindaC
In response to Jetje

Carolyn - I'm always open to criticism and I don't care where it is, here or in the gallery. I do still find it difficult to offer suggestions unless someone specifically asks for ideas. How does everyone else handle that?

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to LindaC

I'm the same Linda but if I know it's been agreed between us that it's what we wnat then I will try and offer a suggestion (if I have any) in a way that I'd like to receive it. I should say here that I'm very happy to get critique and ideas but I'll rarely go and actually change a LO (unless it's unfinished and I've asked for help.) This is't for any other reason than I'm lazy

nkochrn
Expert
nkochrn

Having my layouts critiqued is fine with me! Mine aren't near as Amazing as some of you ladies! I admit that I'm the same as scrappercaz;) LOL

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to nkochrn

Hey Nichole we're all learning and we all began at the beginning! Your pages are lovely.

glensgirl
Idol
glensgirl
In response to nkochrn

Evening ladies. I'm all up for suggestions/critisms wherever you want to post them. If you see something that really looks weird, please let me know! I ask my husband how things look and he always tells me fine even if it's terrible!

I'm going to have to check out that fotofusion. Is it another program other than photoshop? Is it as expensive as photoshop? I paid a fortune for CS3! I guess I could always google it too.

I'm soon off to Zumba class. I'll talk with you ladies later!

nkochrn
Expert
nkochrn
In response to glensgirl

Finished my challenge page! Couldn't find the pics I wanted, but this'll do I'm still working on a collage to make it 2 pages. I almost always make 2 pages so that when I open my books the 2 pages next to each other match plus I take a LOT of pics!

Gonna get supper ready, so I can take it to the hubs, he's working late tonight.

Our Wedding Day By Nkochrn

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to glensgirl

What sort of class is that

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-26-09 03:04 PM

Jetje, I really like how you finished the ice cream page! Taking the leafy things off really allows the small photos to be the focal point. Now I want ice cream, lol.

Will have to wait until later to check out all the new pages.

I had to google Zumba - it's a Latin dance-inspired workout. Sounds fun! Except that I cannot follow a routine to save my life, lol.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to stick

Thanks for that Kara - I should have looked myself but I was flicking between here and work and didn't get round to it.

Off to bed now - my youngest dd leaves for Norway in the morning so we have a fairly early start to make sure her rucksack is packed etc.

Goodnight.

LindaC
LindaC 
Diva
LindaC
In response to glensgirl

• glensgirl Said:
Evening ladies. I'm all up for suggestions/critisms wherever you want to post them. If you see something that really looks weird, please let me know! I ask my husband how things look and he always tells me fine even if it's terrible!

I'm going to have to check out that fotofusion. Is it another program other than photoshop? Is it as expensive as photoshop? I paid a fortune for CS3! I guess I could always google it too.

I'm soon off to Zumba class. I'll talk with you ladies later!

Erin - FF is another program, totally different than photoshop. I also have CS2 but seem to use it more for editing. whenever i'm doing a layout, i just automatically go to FF. i have the "enhanced" version which was about $90. they have a "basic" version for about $40 and a "studio" for about $300. i believe you can download a trial version for free. my daughter (FLTeacher) uses the basic version. (I'll have to see if i can get her to join our group - she hasn't been scrapping much lately).

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-26-09 05:28 PM
In response to LindaC

Finished my challenge page, my first time using a mask, very fun! Please let me know what you think!

Grand Tetons 08
By Kuzatab

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to stick

I'm so so sorry I haven't been on in a few days...my dh's car blew up, we've been without power, school started for ds, etc etc...crazy busy! Promise to catch up soon and update the first page with the new members. I glanced at all the new LO's and they look great, can't wait for a closer look!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-26-09 06:53 PM
In response to JHAWKEYE

My goodness, Kate! Way too much going on, I hope it calms down for you soon

nkochrn
Expert
nkochrn
In response to stick

Thanks for all the love in my galley!

I hate having the date stamp on my pics but I usually wait until I have about 200 of them to order prints then when I go to paper scrap I can't ever remember when any of them were taken. I do sort them by month when I upload to shutterfly though. I think I can get whatever I want printed on the back of them, so maybe I'll try that! Now I just have to upload them to my computer often

LindaC
LindaC 
Diva
LindaC
In response to nkochrn

here's mine for the challenge. i'll be back tomorrow to catch up.

Sam By LindaC

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to LindaC

big sister & little brother By Outsidechic

what was the challenge???? or better yet where should i look to see this challenge.

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-26-09 10:43 PM
In response to stick

• kuzatab Said:
Jetje, I really like how you finished the ice cream page! Taking the leafy things off really allows the small photos to be the focal point. Now I want ice cream, lol.

Just wait, I have a fourth one. A friend of mine keeps commenting on the fact Elise is such a neat eater. So now I have one, where it is messy! For some odd reason I have loads of pics of her eating ice cream all taken within two months.

I create albums for the girls. One for each year of their life. Only I take so long to scrap and I have only been doing it for a year or so, that I am way behind. I am now working on Elise from 2 to 3 (she is 6). When they are done, I have them printed and bound in a book.
Not all pages are busy scrap ones. I use templates a lot to get pages with more than one pic on them and stick that in the album. Those are easy ones and I don't upload them here.

Ok, going to get coffee and back to work. Last day this week.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Jetje

Morning ladies, Kate that's too much for one to deal with at once!!

Lots more lovely pages to comment on! You're all putting me to shame!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

• outsidechic Said:

what was the challenge???? or better yet where should i look to see this challenge.

Jakki, it's on the first page

LindaC
LindaC 
Diva
LindaC

oh kate...that's crazy. i remember those days (except for the car blowing up - never had that happen).

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to LindaC

So my (15 year old) baby is on her flight to Norway now. I'm surprised how much I miss her already She'll have blast though.

I might even get a page done tonight as I have a couple of photos (albeit really bad ones) of them at the station this morning.

LindaC
LindaC 
Diva
LindaC

Carolyn - Is your daughter on vacation? How long will she be gone?

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to LindaC

She's on an adventure challenge trip. It's organsied by a company called World Challenge and it's designed to bring out the kids confidence, self belief, common sense, initiative, team spirit, leadership skills etc. They fund raise and save for it themselves (£1300 for this one) and do a lot of the planning themselves. They have 2/3 leaders with them but they keep in the background as much as possible and let the kids 'take charge' of the expedition themselves. They hike, camp, do some community work, white water rafting etc etc and hopefully come back full of confidence in what they are capable of, as well as having had a great experience and lots of fun! SHe'll be away for 8 days although next year my older DD is doing her second World Challenge and going to Sri Lanka for 3 weeks.

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-27-09 10:34 AM

Wow, that sounds amazing! And Sri Lanka, I would love to got there.

Anyway dropping one off and then going to get started on the challenge.

Ice cream understands part 4 By Jetje

LindaC
LindaC 
Diva
LindaC
In response to Jetje

What a great opportunity, Carolyn. They are lucky to have it and sounds fun too. I'll be anxious to see some scrap pages by mom when she returns.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to LindaC

Oh you will Linda

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

This is probably as stupid question but I'll risk it can a Mac 'talk to' a PC? My work computers are macs but I have a PC. I need to be able to work more independently which would mean having them linked if it was at all possible? thanks

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

macs can talk to pc's carolyn, but pc"s dont always talk to mac's saying that, i haven't gotten our two to talk to each other .. but we're thinking its because we're running and old XP on the lappy and new leopard on the mac, proably need to upgrade the windows but that will require a new lappy and that just has to wait for the time being. you just need a way to connect, like a wifi contection (we have mac airport, and it's suppose to be able to connect everything to everything, printer, etc)

good luck

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

So does that mean I would be able to work on a document on the mac then save it to the other PC?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-27-09 03:50 PM

I haven't worked on a Mac in years. I'm pretty sure there are ways to share documents, I just don't know how

Carolyn, your DDs are having some great experiences!
And Jetje's has more ice cream.
Not sure who I'm more jealous of right now

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to stick

hiya girls ... sorry I've been MIA this week but on vacation, it was a short work week!!

Have the tabs open to get acu on love!!! Jetje, I love the green viney thing removed - the 2nd version looks a lot better!

I have TONS of photos that I have snapped in the past 3 days! Like 800. And lo and behold, dh LOVES taking pics now ... I am so exicted!!!

And my birthday is on Sat, he got me a SWEET external hard drive! Seriously, he is the best!!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to stick

it it in mircosoft word? the programs usually communicate pretty well. like if i wanted to do something in photoshop on my mac, i could pretty easily pass it over to a pc, just have to watch fonts ... but even those commuicate pretty good now. but mac ink (i think that's the name of the word program, at least thats the icon they use) does not talk to microsoft word dh found that out in college, but ink will take a world doc no problem.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Hi Jill - you are a lucky girl! Glad you've been having a nice time.

Kara, it is a wonderful opportunity, they're luvky girls too.

We're visiting my in-laws on Saturday/Sunday - anyone doing anything fun?

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-28-09 01:24 AM

I am probably going shopping. Both girls need new shoes for the autumn and of course, mum could also do with a new pair ( mum being me )

Today we have a fair in the village so the girls will get to go on rides and see a puppet show and stuff. I will try and remember to take my camera!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Jetje

Morning girls!

This weekend - we were supposed to go to the cottage but it's supposed to be cool and rainy so we've decided to stay here - dh is in a baseball tournament and their team has been doing really well so we should be close to home anyway.

Oh, I just remembered tomorrow is my birthday! But I doubt that we'll do much - we never do!

I hope to scrap this weekend!

nkochrn
Expert
nkochrn
In response to peenut_23

Was thinking about going to my uncle's tractor pull tonight, but might just stay home since I haven't had much time with just the DH and kids together. I work saturday and sunday night.

I'm having a hard time pulling myself away from the computer to clean the house. At least if I'm not making much noise DD will sleep a little longer.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to nkochrn

I guess you've had your birthday treat Jill!

Aww there's always cleaning, I'd stay on the computer too Nichole! I'm supposed to be working too - my work laptop is here on the same desk so I'm not getting much done!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-28-09 08:52 AM

Nice birthday present, Jill!!

Jetje, imo, mum ALWAYS needs new shoes

I think I'll get time to scrap this weekend, really looking forward to it.

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-28-09 11:22 AM

• scrappercaz Said:
I guess you've had your birthday treat Jill!

Aww there's always cleaning, I'd stay on the computer too Nichole! I'm supposed to be working too - my work laptop is here on the same desk so I'm not getting much done!

Now why does that sound familiar???

I remember, I do that too

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-28-09 01:40 PM
In response to Jetje

Pff, talking to myself again. Ok, dropping this off and be back tomorrow.

Scarlet and Gold
By Jetje

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Jetje

Hi Jetje. More new pages!!!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-28-09 02:44 PM

Love the tree! Really fun idea

nkochrn
Expert
nkochrn
In response to stick

I managed to get off the computer today, but I think I just made my house a little messier. I've been going through stuff for a garage sale in a few years. Sorted through the baby girl clothes I think I'll be able to part with. I have an addiction to buying baby clothes. lol

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to nkochrn

Morning all,

I'm working on some childhood photos for a friend of mine who is getting married next weekend. She's sent me 4 or 5 photos of her and her Dh-to-be and wants me to improve them and make digi pages out of them that she can dispaly at the wedding! I hope I can do them justice!

Off visiting family for a couple of days so I'll pop in when I get back have a good weekend.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Pssst...Peppermint Creative...30% sale until Monday....shhhh.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Hi ladies!!! Remember me? Sorry I disappeared for a bit. Life threw a bunch of curve balls and I've been trying to hit 'em out of the park.

Hope to be able to be back a bit more now.

How is everyone?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to Jetje

• Jetje Said:
  • obsidian Said:
I do like it, however, I keep feeling tempted to rotate the picture of the baby so all heads are pointing in the same direction.

I thought that too at first so I rotated the pic, but it looked really weird. Her pics as a very small baby are all laying down, so that is why I decided to keep the pic as is and the emphasize it with the little heart. Along the lines of 'it's not a bug, it's a feauture!'

I'm sorry, weird geek humor getting away from me.

I actually like it the way that you have it. I also like the 5th photo that is kinda at another angle than all the others. I think they draw your eyes about the lo. I think it is expressive too - our head isn't always pointed in the same direction through out our lives now is it? LOL

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• scrappercaz Said:
Good morning,

I'll admit to being a bit of a hopeless case with tech talk. I just kind of glaze over reading stuff like that so I can't add anything to that discussion I'm afraid I'm too visual and I need to see what you're talking about

Does (or has) anyone here entered LOs into any of the normal open challenges on the challenge forum? I'm just curious how your entry was received. Kate and I did once or twice and were basically told they weren't welcome I'm just thinking ahead to whether we'll do a poll vote for a winner in our challenge and if we'll get many voters or not.

Some challenges specifically call for paper and or a number of linked products. That kinda rules out the digi pages.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to stick

• kuzatab Said:
Carolyn, I don't get blogs, either. I just don't have time and for the most part am not particularly interested in the diary aspect. It can be a nice way for people to share things, but overall I feel like I have to wade through a lot to find what interests me. Too many of them load slowly, too (and on dial-up they're practically impossible), so that just irritates me.

Talk to me about actions! This is a new concept. Can I use them in PSE5? Or do I need to wait until I upgrade to 7?

Don't know if your question was answered... but Yes there are actions that will run in PSE5.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to scrappycath

hi girls, just popping by to say good morning, although it's almost afternoon ... eeek ... lazy day here.

Cold and rainy - totally sucky!

Page 4 of 39 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics