Page 5 of 39 
Username Post: **New Members Welcome!** Who Needs Glue Digi Crew        (Topic#1512441)
stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-29-09 08:47 AM
In response to peenut_23

Happy Birthday, Jill!!

Carolyn, I'm sure you'll do lovely things with your friend's pics.

I'll probably be around most of today, I'm going to try and scrap (mostly actual paper stuff this weekend )

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to peenut_23

• peenut_23 Said:
Morning girls!

Welcome Nichole!!

Sorry I was MIA ... was at the cottage all weekend! Gonna try and get some digi scrapping in today!

SO GUESS WHAT GALS? Dh bought me a Nikon D5000 with 2 lenses (one portrait and the other is something). The D5000 is a lower model camera (I think) but the lady at the store said it's really all about the lenses anyway ... the camera was still a pretty penny but he wanted the extra moula for the lenses.

This was a gift for our 12 year anniversary that we celebrated on Sunday ... "celebrate" a very long shot. Really, I just gave him a card ... guess he felt bad cuz yesterday I came home to this baby!

Congrats on your anniversary!! And S-A-H-WEET present!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to LindaC

• LindaC Said:
WOW jill - great anniversary present. I keep thinking i'd like a canon rebel but just can't get myself to spend the money. i have a fuji finepix right now that's about (probably) 6 or 7 years old. they have so improved since then. what kind of camera do all of you use?

I have a Nikon D300.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

Well I'm just about through pg 7 here (this being page 9). But life and the internet are not cooperating. Will try catching up some other time.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Oh - and Happy Birthday Jill!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-29-09 10:30 AM

LOL, Cathy, just read your sig - love the 'normal' statement Hope life calms down a bit soon so you can catch up!

LindaC
LindaC 
Diva
LindaC
In response to stick

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JILL!!!!

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-29-09 01:02 PM
In response to stick

• kuzatab Said:
LOL, Cathy, just read your sig - love the 'normal' statement Hope life calms down a bit soon so you can catch up!

I just saw that too. That is soo funny!

I had a great scrap time today. I didn't want to work on Elise's album, so I made two quickpages with some freebie kits. Just pages without the pics and later I found the perfect pics for one of them. What do you think? No masrterpiece but I really like the colors.

Beautiful love
By Jetje

I like making quick pages. Does anyone know if there is a designer anywhere who needs a quick page maker? It always helps me if the scrap mojo is missing.

Ok, going to go to the galleries. I haven't been through them in ages.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Jetje

thanks for the birthday wishes girls!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to peenut_23

Couldn't sleep well last night. Wonder if I'll conk out today?

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Hi all,

I'm glad you found a bit of time to pop in Cathy, I hope things settle down for you!

We had a nice weekend with family and now I'm working on my friend's childhood pics for her wedding day - she wants me to make 8x10 digi pages and to have them on display at the reception. (sorry if I already told you that...memory like a sieve!) 5 down, 5 to go!

LindaC
LindaC 
Diva
LindaC
In response to scrappercaz

hi girls. just droppin' one off. be back later to see what's new.
Autumn By LindaC

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-30-09 05:24 PM
In response to LindaC

Love that calendar page, Linda!

Jetje, I see a lot of really cute quickpages but I've never used one yet.

I organized a bunch of my files this weekend. And I did a lot of scrapping, finally finished a 14-page series of our vacation to Minnesota in 2000. It's all real paper stuff, but it's in my gallery if anyone wants to see.

Hope everyone else has had a lovely weekend!

LindaC
LindaC 
Diva
LindaC
In response to stick

OMG..it's 12:50 am and i have to go to work tomorrow. here's another calendar page.
ball game By LindaC

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-30-09 10:56 PM
In response to LindaC

Elise was up at 4.30 this morning. I was so tired I drove to the wrong city for a meeting! Missed the meeting as I will never get to the right one on time with all the traffic. Silly me

Linda, you are so good at doing your calendar pages now. I made one last year and I started too late so the calenders weren't printed untill the second week of januari. Maybe I'll take a leaf out of your book and start now!

Question: is anyone on CT's? I am not, I applied once or twice but got turned down. No, actually the last one never replied at all. If someone is on a CT (I know Jill is or was), do you like it? Sometimes I think of applying again but I kind of lost my nerve.

Got to go. Need more coffee.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Jetje

I hated being woken up so early Jetje, you have my sympathy, but now I wake up early on my own - must be getting old!

Kate is on a CT, Merkely Designs but I don't know how she feels about it.

It's a public holiday here today and I was going to go to a big local country fair but I don't know if I'm going to have time. I have to finish my friend's wedding pages for her, I have work reports to finish, I want to finish painting our hallway and stairs area and there's ironing in a pile nearly taller than I am!!!

nkochrn
Expert
nkochrn

20 more minutes of work left and then I'm OFF for 3 days in a row again. I forgot how much I love my schedule while I was on maternity leave

I don't know why it's always when I'm at work and not able to that all I wanna do is sit at my computer and scrap! Can't wait to get home, have some good ideas

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to nkochrn

Can't wait to see them!

nkochrn
Expert
nkochrn

Made a quick one this am, couldn't sleep! I couldn't wait to use this pic Heading to bed now before the baby wakes up

mmmm.. Sugar By Nkochrn

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to nkochrn

Sleep well.

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

Hey all...popping in real quick to say hello...sorry I've been missing, again...but with all the rains we had been having our basement flooded and I've spent the last few days cleaning up that mess... unfortunately it was sewer back up...which means there isn't enough bleach in this world to make me happy...

Jetje - I HAVE to get in the shower but I'd love to share my CT thoughts with you...I'll try to get back on tonite to do that...

Have a great week!!

LindaC
LindaC 
Diva
LindaC
In response to JHAWKEYE

Oh, Kate. You poor thing. Thank heavens for bleach. I'm an insurance agent, as some of you may know, and we had a couple bad flood claims a couple weeks ago. The weather has been so extreme. This morning it was in the 40's. Felt like Fall.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Jetje

• Jetje Said:
Elise was up at 4.30 this morning. I was so tired I drove to the wrong city for a meeting! Missed the meeting as I will never get to the right one on time with all the traffic. Silly me

Linda, you are so good at doing your calendar pages now. I made one last year and I started too late so the calenders weren't printed untill the second week of januari. Maybe I'll take a leaf out of your book and start now!

Question: is anyone on CT's? I am not, I applied once or twice but got turned down. No, actually the last one never replied at all. If someone is on a CT (I know Jill is or was), do you like it? Sometimes I think of applying again but I kind of lost my nerve.

Got to go. Need more coffee.

Digital design teams ... hmmm ... I was on BW Scrapbooking when I first started digital scrapping and tbh, the kits weren't my style plus they haven't been updated in a couple of years. I lasted 3 months. I really didn't like it.

Then I joined Simply Susan Godfrey - it was better than BW but my schedule got too busy and I left. It wasn't really my style either.

Then I joined one for Digi Scrap Cafe and this was more my style but it just faded off into the background!!! There weren't enough assignments or enough kits ... there were no rules so I found it easy to put off.

I am on Just Cre8, a kit company (paper) and I LOVE that.
I think dt's are great but they have to match your style ... and for me, they have to have some sort of schedule!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Kate, sorry about your basement! That really bites!

nkochrn
Expert
nkochrn
In response to peenut_23

Kate-Sorry about the basement!

I was going to apply to be on a card DT one time but I don't think I'd be good at meeting the deadlines with my schedule.

It was unusually cold this morning at 4am when I came home! Didn't get much sleep though, Baby is wanting to nurse CONSTANTLY. Glad I've got 3 days off now. Gotta go get the screaming baby.

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to nkochrn

Check out this shopping list...I happened upon a website that was super cheap with lots of freebies!! christinareneedesigns.com . Kinda grungy/vintage stuff...but I can't believe how much stuff I'm getting for $4.37!!

Scratched Solids
All-in-One Download - All-in-One ZIP File
$0.75
Dirty Notes
$0.25
Filthy Canvas
$0.75
Grungy Ginghams
$0.25
Fantasie Ornates - ArmChairs
$0.75
Fantasie Ornates - Furniture
$0.75
Shabby Stitchin
$0.87
Bauble-Bet
$0.00
Jack and the Beanstalk Collage
$0.00
Plain Ole Epoxy Alpha
$0.00
The Ultimate Present Grab Bag FREE Sampler
Multi-Part Download - Part 1 - ZIP File
Multi-Part Download - Part 2 - ZIP File
$0.00

Sub-Total: $4.37

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to JHAWKEYE

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Hey, I used to have this site in my faves but then it closed down or all but closed down for ages. Glad to see it's back up!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Oh yeah...I remember now...not really my style Excitement over.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-31-09 01:22 PM

Ooh, yuck, Kate, so sorry about your basement! I'll definitely have to check out that site later

Jetje, sorry, but you made me laugh about going to the wrong CITY! I don't do well when I don't get enough sleep either

I don't even have enough time to scrap for myself, let alone consider a design team. And I don't even have kids! I truly don't know how some of you do it

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to stick

I've been glued to my computer all day virtually. I've done a lot of my reports and scrapped most of my friends pics now too - hopefully I'll get them uploaded later.

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 08-31-09 11:57 PM

Well, I scrap in the evenings. DH usually hogs the tv and Elise is a bad sleeper so I want to stay near her as this calms her down. She sleeps in the attic and my computer is on the first floor.
I do have to admit my housework suffers

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Jetje

Housework? Oh yes, I remember that

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

So here's a few of the pages I've been working on for my friend's wedding....

tfl

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

Wow Kate, that is A LOT of stuff for only 4 bucks! I am going to have to go and check it out.

How is the basement?

Morning girls!

Right now I am putting all of my digi stuff onto my NEW external hard drive, that is so compact! I LOVE IT!!! And it doesn't need to be plugged in!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to peenut_23

I SO need to do that!

nkochrn
Expert
nkochrn

Carolyn-I love what ya did with your friends pics!!!

I'm trying to block out a major terrible two meltdown right now!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to nkochrn

Hmmm, that's NOT easy!

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 09-01-09 09:53 AM

O my, the terrible two's. I remember that vaguely. You know it never gets better, don't you?

Am I too late for the entry in the challenge? One b&w, one color right? Hope this qualifies.

Cuddles
By Jetje

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Jetje

You're in time Jetje, no problem

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

30% sale at funky playground designs dot com

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Got a page done today

Back to School By Scrappycath

Now I'm off to leave some love!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Kate - sorry to hear about the basement

nkochrn
Expert
nkochrn

Actually managed to get a little housework done today!!! I've done at least 5 loads of laundry that are all sitting waiting to be folded now though.

I did get another page made for my cook book, but I've tried to upload it 5 different times and it won't work;(

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to nkochrn

I wonder what the problem was Nichole.

So today is the closing day for the chellenge but if anyone is wanting to enter and has run out of time, just shout - another day won't hurt!

nkochrn
Expert
nkochrn

I have problems all the time when I try to upload. I just remembered though that I've been doing it using the one at a time uploader, gonna have to go try that.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to nkochrn

We've had challenge entries from Jetje, Erin, Nichole, Kara, Linda, Kate and myself. If I've missed anyone please shout. Kate, you'll have to do the poll - I've never did managed to do it correctly! Do we need to email our links to you?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-02-09 11:29 AM

I have problems with the uploader, too. The whole last set of LOs I uploaded are all out of order because the darn thing kept freezing on me.

The challenge was so fun! I'm ready for the next one

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 09-02-09 12:43 PM
In response to stick

Yes please, next challenge. I love challenges, it always amazes me what people come up with!

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 09-02-09 02:31 PM
In response to Jetje

I didn't do the challenge because I already have too many layouts like that have been out of town and got my book finished. It should be here tomorrow.

Hope hope it's my loves fathers day present. And that's on sunday.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Obi

Hi Jude.

Sorry I haven't been around much today - paying the price for not working today by finishing off work this evening.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 09-02-09 03:31 PM

Hi I haven't been around much either. Got to start scrappin' again!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Obi

Ughh, 1.25 a.m. and I'm done goodnight

nkochrn
Expert
nkochrn

Can't wait to see the next challenge! I LOVE challenges!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to nkochrn

checking in and marking my spot, will seriously try for the next challenge ... i think i have my schedule worked out for the most part when i can find free time sleep is over rated, except when your tired and not allowed to sleep through the night.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to outsidechic

KATE!!!! GET IN HERE....please? Pretty please?

Morning ladies,

my 'baby' (well she's 15 and would have you believe she's an adult but...) comes home tomorrow evening. I can't believe how the time has flown.

Catch up with later I hope.

nkochrn
Expert
nkochrn

sleep will be over rated until tomorrow morning when I've worked all night and I'm up all morning nursing a baby. This is night 2 of sleeping through the night at just 2 1/2 months!:) Gonna take advantage of some quiet time this morning and do some scrapping!

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 09-03-09 02:55 AM
In response to nkochrn

I haven't slept through the night more than four times in a row since Elise was born 6 years ago. Even if the girls sleep well, I don't have a sleeping rithm anymore, I always wake up at least four tiems a night and if I am unlucky, I can't get back to sleep.Just typing this makes me tired.

do I have ywaning smiley???

This will do...

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Jetje

Oh Jetje, that's awful I'd be very upset if that was me! Not to mention out of my tiny mind!!

Kate has a lot going on as we know so if anyone else if happy to set up the voting poll for our challenge then please speank up! Unless everyone would rather we didn't poll? I find it a bit pointless to do a challenge without some sort of 'ending' but if I'm in the minority that's fine, I can adapt

Your thoughts ladies?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-03-09 10:46 AM

And that's why I can't have children - I am infamous for needing my sleep, it just ain't pretty if I don't get enough.

Carolyn, I'm not sure how the polls work, sorry. Would we get to see all the entries in one place? That would be pretty cool, I think.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to stick

Yes, it could be be posted in the challenge forum and we'd ask people to vote for their fave and get a 'winner'

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 09-03-09 12:04 PM

I know how. I've done it before, it is actually quite easy. Goes like this:

Reply or create post (not the quick reply!)
On the left you have the parts of a reply like post icon, body, options and polls.
Click Manage polls and you get a pop-up.
Click add poll
You get boxes to fill in: title, how many options you need (in this case number of entries) and if you want radio or check boxes.
Now in the next screen you can fill in the links of the entries. Not to create a large post, I choose the smallest size and I remove the names of the creator. (everything after 'By')
Next screen shows the start and enddate. Beware of the enddate, polls always run for a year! Furthermore the option to not show results untill the poll ends, has weird effects. Sometimes people can never vote or never see the results.

When finished you come back to the first screen. As far as I know, you can't update a poll, just remove it and start again.
Click finish and the pop-up closes. Post the post and the poll will be there.

If you want, I'll post the poll in challenges or is someone brave enough to try and follow my explanation?

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Jetje

I know it *should* be simple but I just kept getting it wrong somewhere. Please Jetje, if you're happy to do that please do!

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 09-03-09 12:36 PM

ok, I've found the 7 entries, off to post in the challenge area

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 09-03-09 12:57 PM
In response to Jetje

ok, post is up.

Kara and Nichole, yours didn't have public embedding on. So I couldn't post a preview. If you turn it on, I will update the post if you want.

Well, I am off to bed. BB tomorrow!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Jetje

Thanks Jetje! Off to look.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Here's our link....

Poll

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-03-09 01:37 PM

Jetje, it took me a minute but I finally figured out the embedding link, so you should be able to update it. And I'll try to remember to do that for all future challenge entries.

And thanks for the link, Carolyn! I didn't know where to go look for it

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to stick

You're welcome Kara.

Ok, I'm off to my friend's house early in the morning to do all her beauty treatments (I used to be a beauty therapist) before her wedding on Saturday so I'm off to bed now

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 09-03-09 02:35 PM

Well I voted. Not saying who for :D.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-03-09 02:47 PM
In response to Obi

Me too. And not for myself, lol

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to stick

Thanks for getting the poll set up. I think I'm caught up on LO's...if I missed one of yours please let me know! Don't want to miss leaving some love.

I am now taking my sick behind to bed...I've had enough!

nkochrn
Expert
nkochrn
In response to stick

I also don't know anything about setting up a poll. sorry.

nkochrn
Expert
nkochrn
In response to nkochrn

oops, see now that you already setup the poll jetje! Thanks. Do I just need to check the box to imbed pic in forum posts in order to have the pic on there in the future?

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 09-03-09 06:18 PM
In response to nkochrn

Whoo hoo. I just found out some fun news about the CT I'm on.

I can't spill the beans but it's a free kit as soon as it's released I expect you all to download it. It's gonna rock. I'm downloading it right now. Now that's a reason to scrap.

So what is the new challenge?

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Obi

Kate, what's up?

New challenge........if anyone has an idea at the ready feel free to tell us otherwise I'll have a think for an idea...watch this space.

I forgot to vote in our own poll so I'll go and do that now.

See you all later.

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 09-04-09 12:07 AM

ok, voted too. Put up the poll and forgot to vote. And of course not for myself. Linda, btw you are in the lead!

Kara, updated the first post of the poll with your page.

Kate, sorry to read you are not feeling well. Hope you get better soon!

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to Jetje

Thanks guys...it's just a really bad cold...dh has it too. But it's amazing how horrible a silly cold can make you feel!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to JHAWKEYE

Glad to hear it's not anything worse Kate, wish you better soon

Ok, I need to learn how to do extracting - at least that's what I think it's called when you 'cut out' a person (or whatever) from the background. Any SIMPLE instructions you can pass on please? I really need it in laymans terms and brief so I don'y give up too easily. Not asking too much am I? Please?

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

Carolyn - we also need to teach you about drop shadows too...I'm still amazed you don't use them!! I'll write something up for you on the extractions...they're not the easiest thing in the world and really are trial and error. But with the right photo and perseverence, the results can be amazing!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to JHAWKEYE

Dropping one off.... need to run the kids to get new clothes - they grew like beanstalks this summer! Will come back to leave love later.

Kali River Rapids *Disney World* By Scrappycath

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 09-04-09 08:03 AM

Dropping these off, this was for a one kit call. I really had fun with these pages, especially the last one!

Your laughter
By Jetje

Sleeping baby
By Jetje

Squirt Alert
By Jetje

My girls are screaming for food. Gotta go!

nkochrn
Expert
nkochrn
In response to JHAWKEYE

apparently I skipped a bunch of posts when I checked in last night. lol I don't have any challenge ideas. I will go turn on the embedding for challenge entry though.

I've been wondering about cutting objects outta my pics too, but haven't messed with it yet.

I'll be working all night again tonight, spent lots of time rocking a babe in the nursery last night and wishing I was at home with my mine, who slept all night for the 3rd night in a row!

LindaC
LindaC 
Diva
LindaC
In response to nkochrn

jci girls. trying to catch up a little bit. i'm loving "squirt alert", jetji. made me smile. be back later, i hope.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 09-04-09 08:16 PM

• scrappercaz Said:
Glad to hear it's not anything worse Kate, wish you better soon

Ok, I need to learn how to do extracting - at least that's what I think it's called when you 'cut out' a person (or whatever) from the background. Any SIMPLE instructions you can pass on please? I really need it in laymans terms and brief so I don'y give up too easily. Not asking too much am I? Please?

Ok to cut out a person you use the lasso tool. The magnetic lasso is the simplest option. Every time you click with the mouse you add a bit more of the line to cut something out. Don't forget to add the joins.

Then zoom in on the area and with an eraser remove any jaggy edges.

It's rather simple, but, extremely difficult to do. And a lot of practice is needed. There are all sorts of extraction tools in PS, but lasso and erase is the only one which actually works.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Obi

Jude, thanks for that but once you have done the lasso bit and you have the dotty lines around the bit you want to extracct what do you do? How do you get that onto another b/g? (I told you it needed to be simple!)

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 09-05-09 01:33 AM

I forgot the first step.

If you have already done the erasing and have a white background. Duplicate the layer go to the layers pallet and select 'duplicate layer'. Take the duplicated layer select the white with the magic wand and cut it out.

If you haven't then first

Always create a duplicate layer of the JPG
. Because JPG's are flattened and don't have transparent backgrounds. They are very hard to edit in PS unless they are duplicated anyway.

So open your JPG. Duplicate the layer. It should be in the layers menu.

Turn off the eye to the original layer in the layers pallet. That's your back up or try again layer anyway.

Next select the area to be removed with the magnetic lasso join it up so it becomes a section, also known as the marching ants.

Then cut out the selected area. Because the duplicated layer should have has a transparent background. The area removed should be transparent. It should show the black and white squares graphics programs use to indicate a transparent background.

Next zoom in on the image and select an eraser in a small pixel size with a soft edge and remove any jaggy pixels that are not needed. That takes practice. However it gives a more natural looking edge on the image.

Once the background is extracted feel free to save the image as a PNG for future use or drag and drop it into a layout.

If at any stage you wish to flatten the image with an extracted background and save it as a jpg don't forget to save as and rename. If you don't think you will remember always select the jpg copy the and paste into a new canvas with a transparent background. PS will remember the size of the image on the clipboard and create the canvas the correct size. Just remember to click on transparent background when creating the canvas name the canvas accordingly and then paste.

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 09-05-09 01:51 AM
In response to Obi

OMG This cracked me up:
  • obsidian Said:
If you are feeling extra diligent rename your layers. It's supposed to be useful.

I usually have about forty layers and I never rename them. And every now and then I get lost in the layer hierarchy! I always think to myself, got to start renaming those layers and I never do!

Oh well..

Dropping two off:
Little elf By Jetje

Appelstroop
By Jetje

I am off to start sanding down my stair. Again. Never buy an old house and think you can do it up.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 09-05-09 02:03 AM
In response to Jetje

Neither do I. I just edited that bit out. lol.

Though on occasion in the past with older versions of Ps when I've deleted a few layers and it goes from layer 18 to layer 30 I do rename so I don't loose my mind looking for layer 21.

ETA
Do you use layer sets? I can't do it on PSE I think but on PS it's great I put sections which are finished in layer sets so I can actively work on the layers I want. I do rename my layer sets.

Edited by obsidian on 09-05-09 02:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 09-05-09 02:04 AM
In response to Jetje

• Jetje Said:

I am off to start sanding down my stair. Again. Never buy an old house and think you can do it up.

Then I'm stuck too. My house dates from the 1930's. eep!.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to Obi

Stopping by - busy day ahead. Hope you are all having a great weekend.

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

Good morning girls...time to shop!

Take a hop over to thefrenchfrog.com ...they are giving away part one of a really pretty kit...not sure when they flip to the newer parts or how long it will take to get the whole kit but it looks like a kit many of you would use! The same site also as an artist who will turn your handwriting into a font for FREE (here's the link) ...in exchange you give her the right to use the font in her store if she wants.

This designer has some freebies in her store, along with several cute things on sale for $1.00

And this designer is clearancing out a lot of her older stuff...55-85% off. I glanced through her shop and found lots of cute stuff for only a dollar or two (full kits even!!)

Lots of $1 items in this designers shop as well.

Carolyn

Everything is 50% off at this store's birthday sale!

And everything is 40% off at this store!

OK...enough chatter...I'm off to spend some $$!

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to JHAWKEYE

Silly me...I almost forgot!

CONGRATULATIONS to LINDA for winning our very first challenge!! All the layouts were beautiful, without a doubt, but Linda came out on top!

Linda...pm me your email address so I can send you a little prize...

NEXT CHALLENGE:

Is.... are you ready for this??

That's right...a no photo challenge!! Show us how creative you can be without having a photo to rely on as the focus of your page. Use this challenge as an opportunity to JOURNAL...spill the beans...put a thought down on paper that you need to get off your chest. A wonderful opportunity to scrap something to add to your BOM.

So...let's see what you got!! Winner gets a little prize from me AND the opportunity to pick the next challenge! Layouts are due Sept. 25th!

Here's one I did as an example:

LindaC
LindaC 
Diva
LindaC
In response to Obi

I hear ya Jetji and Jude about these old houses. Mine was built in 1903 and there's always something. I have to admit, I'm not as fussy about mine as I used to be.

LindaC
LindaC 
Diva
LindaC
In response to LindaC

OMG..i won the challenge. I thought it was just for fun with no prize. Thanks so much. I must admit, I don't think I have ever done a layout without a photo. Next challenge should be interesting.

HELP, if you can!! I need some help with the French Frog handwriting convert to a font site. I know absolutely no French but can usually figure out how to download. This one I can't figure out. Where should I click and what do I do next? I'd love to have a font in my own handwriting.

Must clean this house today. Be back later.

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to LindaC

Linda - there's a box on the left side of the site where you can click for the site to be in {albeit broken} english. You'll have to add the free font to your cart and check out, then you get the download link. Download and extract, of course. When I extracted, there were template files that you print out. The instructions say to write your letters in the template, scan them, and email back to the designer. Hope that helps!!

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 09-05-09 07:26 AM
In response to JHAWKEYE

FOr french sites (I love Digital Crea and French Frog) know that panier means cart and telechargement means download.
And if you buy something (even if its free) make sure you get their newsletter. Both stores will let you know when the next freebie is up.

I have tons of free stuff from both stores. However today I did something foolish. I bought two kits from Digital Crea that were on sale, only to find that one of them I already have as a freebie. Wasted 1 euro 50.

Off to see what oscraps have.

Jetje
Jetje 
Mayor
Jetje
  • Jetje on 09-05-09 07:31 AM
In response to Jetje

Forgot, Linda congrats on winning the challenge.

And Kate, a page without a picture. I mean, really??????

Dear me, where is my thinking cap?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-05-09 10:36 AM
In response to Jetje

Congrats, Linda!! Everyone did do a great job.

The next challenge sounds fun! A couple months ago I did a two-page paper LO that was all journalling, about an experience driving in a storm that DH and I went through on a vacation. Didn't have any pics but it was an experience that simply had to be scrapped. Will have to think about the topic, but I've downloaded so much stuff recently I really need a chance to play with it all - and playing with it will help me think

Off to check out all those sale links now.

nkochrn
Expert
nkochrn
In response to stick

Congratulations Linda!!!

I was wondering how I'd ever scrap a page without a pic, but now I have an idea and I can't wait to get started. I have to wait 4 more hours til I'm off work though:(

I actually got my house mostly clean this week! That's quite an accomplishment with such a hyper toddler around! The baby is sleeping through the night already!!! That gives me a couple hours after bedtime to play around on the nights I'm off work!!! I'm gonna be a scrapping fool the next week! lol

Page 5 of 39 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics