Page 1 of 7 
Username Post: Budget Buying Challenge~~~ September~~~Closed and Active!!!        (Topic#1514059)
StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Here it is again, the September budget challenge....to help us stay within limits on our scrappy buying!!!

The rules: List your budget for the month of September that you want to spend on scrappy goodies!!! Then, LIST the items that are definites that you want to buy this month!

The catch: You can spend your money on whatever you want, list or impulse, but you must buy and have me mark off at least half of the items that you list!!! For example, if you list 10 items, you have to buy at least 5 of those and have me strike them off your list, etc.

Please tell me how much you spent throughout the month, and I will keep track of it in this post! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, or shipping.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items you want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

Give me your votes for the new Queen Enabler for September!!! Michelle - 1, Lisa - 1
September QUEEN ENABLER: ??????!!!!
------------------------- ------------------------- ---
Stephanie (Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic): $135.00 - 132.00 = $3.00 BUSTED!
List: Swirlydoos kit, Crackle Paint, PP, Stamps, Punches, Glimmer Mist

Michelle (melissadam): $100.00 - 81.00 = $19.00 BUSTED!
List: Christmas PP, red stickles, border punch, flower punch, circle punch, markers

Tante (johnsusan8): $225.00 - 254.00 = -29.00 BUSTED!
List: class, kits, border punch, pp, cardstock

Kim (scrapingbliss): $200.00 - 166.00 = $34.00
List: Christmas paper, stamps, Cricut cutting mat, Cricut cartridge, copic markers, ink pads, embossing folders

Lisa (lstory): $200.00 - 194.00 = $6.00
List: Stamps, stamp storage, punches, Sizzix die, Christmas paper, Liquid pearls, stickles

Nonny (nonnysbooks): $150.00 - 110.00 = $40.00 BUSTED!
List: 2 1 classes, 6 3 binders, 1 border punch, prima flowers and a JetMax cube,white board (for ideas).

Jana (llprncess3): $100.00 - 100.00 = $0.00
List: Stamps, pp, crackle paint, punch

Krissy (luv2scrap:)): $160.00 - 111.00 = $49.00
List: MCS kit, stamps, glimmer mist, flowers, cardstock, distress ink, pp

DaintyDiva2: $150.00 - 58.00 = $92.00
List: butterfly spellbinder, a happy birthday stamp, an orchid stamp, some pp by Graphic 45, copic sketch, red ribbon

00elly00: $150.00 - 98.95 = $51.05
List: stamps, border punches, pp, scrap storage

Mandi (Briannasmom): $50.00 - 10.10 = $39.90
List: white tulle and a ruler image stamp

Aftin (bellasmommy1): $150.00 - 67.41 = $82.59
List: 2 border punches, crackle paint,glimmer mist, pp, distress ink, flowers

Amanda (ajsevall): $150.00 - 89.00 = $61.00
List: Prima stitched papers, the paradise city paper collection, fiskars apron lace border punch, stickles in red and green, MS loopy punch, BG Nook & Pantry and Eskimo Kisses.

Holly (CommaHolly): $160.00 - 85.00 = $75.00
List: K & Co. Winter Paper, lace & ribbon, ephemera, cricut cart

Zanne (ZanneScraps): $150.00 - 148.07 = $1.93
List: Kaisercraft Pina Colada collection, Maya Road mini albums-esp. the Christmas Tree Layered and Cupcake, Webster's Pages Postcards in Paris collection, MS loopy punch, stickles, Ranger memory bubbles, Maya Road chandelier beads, copic markers, Prima flowers

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StarsNSparkles

OK....I'll be first!

My vote for September Enabler is Michelle again..because she kept going on and on about border punches, and I ended up buying 2 last month!!!

I have already listed my budget & list. I am cutting down, b/c you all know my job ends Monday and I don't know what my situation will be yet. Also, we have to pay off vacation from August, so I need to concentrate on that!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

Hi Steph .........I'm in!

my budget will be $100 ........I hope not to spend that much but need to give myself some room for unexpected deals! LOL

my list:
Christmas PP
red stickles
border punch
flower punch
circle punch
markers

my vote for queen is Lisa

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to melissadam

YAY...so glad you have joined again Michelle!!!

lstory 
Mayor

Why, I'm honored by your vote, Michelle! I don't know, though... Do I enable anyone else besides myself?

Lisa

P.S. I'm in, just need to consider list and $$$.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to lstory

JCI

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

Okay, September has to be better for me than July and Auguest! lol Just to make it easier for me I'll up my budget. Make it

$225

and my list

class, kits, border punch, pp, and cardstock.

Wish me luck!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to johnsusan8

Good luck Tante & everyone else!!! Almost time to start September....better get all August shopping in quick!!!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Stephanie, I think you are trying to get rid of me! I couldn't find this thread anywhere! I kept looking...Hmmmff...I'm not that easy to get rid of!!!!

My budget for this month is 200.00

I spent 43.00 of it on the Swirlydoo kit...

My list:

Christmas paper
stamps
Cricut cutting mat
Cricut cartridge
Copic Markers
Ink pads
embossing folders

I'm sure I'll think of something else I just have to have...

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to Scrapingbliss

I'm really torn on who enabled more this month...Holly or Michelle.

They were bothy pushing pretty hard...I didn't buy anything they were peddling but Stephanie did...I'll have to think on this...

lstory 
Mayor

I think I'm gonna go to $200, too. Somewhat pathetic of me - if I can't stick to a budget, I'll raise the budget! Oh, well, I'll be happy if I come in under, which I probably will because while there are some big things I'd like, I'm holding off for xmas.

Here's my list:

stamps, stamp storage, punches, Sizzix die, xmas paper, Liquid Pearls, Stickles.

Lisa

nonnysbooks
Veteran
nonnysbooks
In response to lstory

Well after a month of being Cinderella, which slowed down my shopping, I'd like to see if I can stick to a pared down budget, if you all will let me in.

I'm gonna set my budget at $150, but I'm still working on my list, will get it to you soon.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to nonnysbooks

Hi, Nonny!!!

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3

Okay...I am so in for Sept. I will set my budget for $100. Won't spend that much (hopefully), but just in case.

I have a $30 Stampin Up order that I have committed to for 5 months so that will be stamps!!

Other than that...pp, crackle paint, and maybe a punch...all possible things I want to buy!

lstory 
Mayor
In response to llprncess3

I'm with you, Jana, there's lots of possibilities, but no real needs- at least for me.

Lisa

luv2scrap:)
Guru
In response to lstory

I'm in again--just hadn't seen this thread until now.
I am going to keep my budget at $160, cause it seems to be working for me. Will make my list and get back to ya!

daintydiva2
Expert
daintydiva2
In response to luv2scrap:)

I'm in for September and am setting my budget at the same #150 and hope I can stay under. Being this close to HL doesn't help any, only when they have those sales on items nobody wants. I have not made a list yet but I will get to that. I'm not sure about who to vote for in the enabling department and I didn't purchase any of the items.

00elly00
Idol
00elly00
In response to daintydiva2

I'm in again! And this month I'll need it! Just started back to work fulltime so I have quite a bit of extra money...what to do with it...lol...
Budget this month is $100. I want to up it but just think I'll keep it there. I want to get more stamps, border punches look so awesome so at least one of those, more pp, popdots (is that included? it's adhesive...), do scrapping storage count? My scrapdesk is horrible! if it does then a $50 to my original budget. Also could you ladies share what your have as a scrap area?

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to 00elly00

elly I love plastic drawer storage

this is how I store my scraps

scrap storage By Melissadam

I love cropper hoppers
here is some of my PP

12 x 12 PP & CS By Melissadam

this is how I store my embellies

embellie storage By Melissadam

this is how I store my wooden stamps
wooden stamps By Melissadam

and this is how I store my alpha stickers

alpha stickers By Melissadam

there are more pics in my gallery....

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3

Elly I think storage counts in the budget, but popdots are adhesive and don't count!

I am so excited....I actually might get to use my whole $100 because.....I GOT A JOB!!! Yay!! So excited!

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3

I actually love my storage system right now for the most part. Just wish I had less other stuff in my room, but it stores some of my teaching stuff too. I love the sterilite drawers and the jetmax cubes from Ms.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

Jana congrats on the job I am in the search for a job as well now wish me luck LOL.

my budget needs to stay really low until i can find a job a better one I shoudl say

so i will say 50.00 and let me think a bit on my list still havent narrowed it dont yet yikes

Steph i hope you can find a job as well!!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Jana has it...storage counts, adhesive does not.

I think everyone is updated....check & make sure I did it right! This thread has been hard to find this time...but it is in my siggy now. Maybe b/c I changed the order of the name?? Let me know if you want me to put September before Budget Buying.

I upped my budget by $35 to cover swirlydoos kit. Hope that is fine with everyone.

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3

Mandi....I am sending all my luck on the job search your way! And Steph you too!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Keep your luck for now...lol...I'm not even going to look for a little while. I'm going to be a stay-at-home mom for a few months. But, I'll take it when I do start looking!!!

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3

Sounds like a plan to me!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Hey Stephanie, I added S/H in my 43.00...I forgot we don't have to include that! Please change that deduction to 35.00 instead, sorry!

nonnysbooks
Veteran
nonnysbooks

Okay, think I have my list ready:
2 classes, 6 binders, 1 border punch, prima flowers and a JetMax cube and a white board (for ideas).

Yes, I'm working hard to get the space organized, did a lot of sorting last month (window shopping in my scrappy space).

And I need to get some LOs done this month.

Edited by nonnysbooks on 08-31-09 04:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lstory 
Mayor

Congrats to Jana and Elly both on your new jobs! Mandi, your turn is coming soon. Now get going on the Cinderella already, would you???

Lisa

00elly00
Idol
00elly00
In response to lstory

Thanks! I'm still working at the same day care, just went from part time to fulltime and moved to the one yr. old room! It's very exciting! But today was a 9hr day and I'm under the weather!

lstory 
Mayor
In response to 00elly00

I absolutely adore my children, but I'd rather work on a smelly garbage truck than with a herd of one-year-olds for nine hours a day. I wouldn't have the energy or the patience to last more than 20 minutes, I don't think. I can't imagine trying to do it while I was sick!

Lisa

00elly00
Idol
00elly00
In response to lstory

I love it! Its a great passion of mine! They are the cutest!

nonnysbooks
Veteran
nonnysbooks
In response to 00elly00

Whew, I got that in just in time. Won an evilbay auction and got my second Cricut cartridge for under $25 this month. Tonight was the Stand and Salute cartridge from $23.50 with free shipping.

bellasmommy1
Idol
bellasmommy1

Okay I'm in again, and I think I will set my budget at $150 again and hope for the best. For my list I'm going with 2 border punches, crackle paint,glimmer mist, pp, distress ink, flowers. And I think that is it for me.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to bellasmommy1

Thanks to everyone for joining again this month!!! The more the merrier!!!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

ok then send all the good thoughts my way until I get my job and then we can send it to Steph sound like a plan lol

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Briannasmom

Here...you can take all my efforts for finding a job too!!! I'm not even going to attempt it...lol!!! There are lots of jobs by me...just move here!! YAY for scrappy buddy!!!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

that would be great!!! make myt life easier to find a job and I'd be closer to my family!!! but of course dh;s family is all out here boo.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Oh well...Dh's don't need their families right??? LOL We live closer to DH's family than we do mine, but it is only an hour away...so it's ok.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

we live waaaaaaaaaaaaaay closer to DH parents than mine!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

It's so unfair...but normally how it goes.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

well ........in my case its cause my parents moved to FL ..........at least they are in the same country .........for quite a while my parents lived in Egypt!

Guru

My list is going to be: MCS kit, stamps, glimmer mist, flowers, cardstock, distress ink, pp

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

I am the first to spend this month! .......went to target for necessities ........picked up a sm flower punch on clearance for $2, a border punch on clearance for $6 & some flourish stamps on clearance for $6........total spent $14 ..........and you can cross flower punch & border punch off my list.........thanks!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

I'm the 2nd!!!! I just won a Christmas Solutions Cartridge off Ebay for 38.00. Came in and swooped it up at the last minute like someone did to me 2 months ago!!! It was HARD!!!! I kept wanting to place my bid but I waited until less than a minute and put in my max and it's a good thing I waited because someone was waiting and tried to up it, but there wasn't enough time to go any higher.

So Stephanie, please remove the Cricut Cartridge from my list and deduct 38.00 that should take me to 127.00 left.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

Congrats Kim! ..........thats a fun cartridge! .......I don't know about you but I am so happy to be in a new month! .........ready to pace myself ............even though I already spent LOL

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

my dh's family is about 2 hrs away and mine is about 6 hrs away we see mine once a yr the end of this month we go to see my family so excited we see dh's family so much more lol.

so far I want tulle on my list I woudl like alcohol inks but gonna wait a bit on that

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

I'm glad it's a new month too...I really want to do better this month. But, here it is the 1st, I've bought the cartridge and the swirlydoos kit...I don't NEED anything to work on some los and I'm chomping at the bit to go shop for stamps or ink pads or something...I have to make myself wait until Sunday...that's my goal...

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

You can do it Kim!!!! .........once that cart gets here you'll spend days "getting to know" it!!!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

OK...I went shopping and spent $40...so you 2 might've been first...but I was the most...lol!!! I bought a pack of core'dinations cardstock & a pack of My Mind's Eye Signature Christmas pp. Bought 4 packs of metal brads and TH distress antique linen ink.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

I got a job ladies so next month my amount can go back up YAY so excited

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

YAY Mandi...more scrappy money!!!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

ooooooooo Steph I bought that Christmas stack yesterday! ........I love it ........sooooo pretty!!!

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3

Yay Mandi!!! So excited for you and your new job....what is it???

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I love it MIchelle...can't wait to work with it.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

http://www.trytri.com/

theres the website of the company I work for

lstory 
Mayor

Now, Steph, what are you doing shopping for yourself? I mean, really, isn't that what we're supposed to be doing?

You can take $31 off my budget. I bought some awesome sheets of paper (Breaking Free) by My Minds Eye that's summer stuff for girls and boys, plus random other diecuts, stickers, etc. That takes nothing off my list, though.

Lisa

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to lstory

well I guess My Minds Eye is the PP of the day! LOL

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I really love My Mind's Eye paper...I've just started buying it, but I have like 4 packs of it...those are just my type of colors.

I can't NOT shop...it just isn't me...lol

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

We carried My Minds Eye in the LSS when I worked there ........I LOVE the brand .........their Wild Asparagus line is fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!

lstory 
Mayor

Ummm, errrmmm, did anyone notice that Wild Asparagus is the Peachy deal of the day?

Just mentioning it....

Lisa

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to lstory

I don't see the deal of the day ..........I think I need to change that ...............NOW!!!!!!!! .......please PM me! .............please, please, please!!!!!!!!!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

well ..........so much for pacing myself! .........just bought the deal of the day! ..........$30 off my budget! ...........but I LOVE Wild Asparagus! ...........couldn't resist!

lstory 
Mayor

I was going to post pics of what I bought (Breaking Free) but I guess sb.com doesn't carry MME. Odd...

Lisa

Guru
In response to lstory

I am also a huge fan of My Mind's Eye! Great purchases ladies, I can't wait to buy some scrappy goodies, but I am going to try and wait at least a few days. I would love to do some actual store shopping this month, but I'm always tempted to spend my money online before I get a chance to go into the stores.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

I went to a lss that was having a 29% off sale because it was the owner's 29th birthday. I bought Glitz and BoBunny cardstock stickers, BoBunny pp and matching Bazzill cardstock, Robin's Nest glittered pp, and 3 page kits for $72.

Not scrap budget stuff, but I also bought a camera storage bag that I'm going to use as a purse for $14.19!

nonnysbooks
Veteran
nonnysbooks

Okay, Nonny got a few things today, 2x3 white board to put on the peg board DH hung for me yesterday, 3 binders for getting things organized, and a package of petaloos and 5 sheets of pp. Total of $45.

00elly00
Idol
00elly00

AHHHH! I hate not having a 2nd car! But its keeping me from buying anything which is good and bad! I'm in need of a shopping fix!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Wow...the first of the month and everyone is going crazy...lol!! I saw that peachy deal...but it wasn't for me...maybe tomorrow...lol!!!

I think I am done store shopping for a while and going to stick to online. I've been to HL enough to know they aren't going to get any new stock in and there isn't anything there I want anymore...at least not that I can't get elsewhere. I mean, a 40% off cpn, and I used it on TH distress ink...geesh!!! Anyway...my shopping will be online for a while.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

i still have not made my long drive to the hl.

lots of buyign going on lol

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3

Wow...look at all the shopping!!

nonnysbooks
Veteran
nonnysbooks

Wellllll, Nonny had to see if she still knew where the stores were after not shopping last month.

daintydiva2
Expert
daintydiva2

Yay! Good for you.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

Steph, the $72 I spent yesterday included its, pp, and cardstock, so please cross those off of my list for me, please, when you get a chance.

Tante

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Tante...I got those struck off for you

Nonny...I'm so glad you were able to find the scrappy stores again!!! I sure would hate to lose mine!!! LOL

daintydiva2
Expert
daintydiva2

Stephanie here is my list for the month.
a butterfly spellbinder, a happy birthday stamp, an orchid stamp, some pp by Graphic 45. G45 makes the best vintage paper in the WORLD!

daintydiva2
Expert
daintydiva2

Oh please add copic sketch (want to start a collection), red ribbon,

Edited by daintydiva2 on 09-02-09 04:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

Steph can you add white tulle and a ruler image stamp

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

Steph - strike off kits, too, please.

Thanks!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

OK...I think I have everything caught up.

nonnysbooks
Veteran
nonnysbooks

Okay,, ouch that hurts the budget big time, but in the long run it will help. Signed up for a class tonight...Organizing 101, scrap related cuz I truly intend to get the scrap/craft room truly workably organized so I can get my creativity going, and also so I can get the rest of my life organized so I don't feel guilty about playing with scrappy stuff cuz there are oughtas to do.

So another $65 off the budget. That makes 1 class, 3 binders, the flowers and the white board off my list so far. I'll be taking the other class next Friday...so although its early in the month, I'm making a serious dent in my planned purchases and avoiding the impulse purchases.

Besides, I couldn't let Princess Stephanie be all caught up....she needs something to keep her busy so she doesn't miss shopping so much.

Edited by nonnysbooks on 09-02-09 05:49 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Guru

I was charged today for my monthly MCS kit so if you could please mark that off of my list, and take $31 off of my budget. Thanks so much!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I am debating the petaloo peachy deal...4 boxes for $7.99. I will probably buy it...I know I shouldn't, but I just love flowers!!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Krissy...what is MCS?

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

trying to resist the deal of the day .........Ive already spent half my budget & its only the 3rd!!!!

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3

Has anyone been looking at buying the SCAL program to use along with the cricut??? I found an amazing deal for it...$65 and that includes shipping. One of the blogs I read has a coupon....pm me if you want the site.

lstory 
Mayor

I *did* go for the Peachy deal, so you can take off $8, Steph.

Lisa

Guru
In response to lstory

Steph, MCS is My Creative Scrapbook, it's the name of the kit club I joined.

lstory 
Mayor

Krissy, I just took a look at the mcs website. I really like the look of their kits. Have you been happy with them? How's customer service?

Lisa

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to lstory

Jana i thought about the scal but wasnt sure if it was worth it for me since I have the silhouette. if ya get it let me know what you think of it

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I think you've told us that before Krissy..I must've forgotten.

Guru

Lisa, this is only my 2nd month to get the MCS kits so I've only received 1 kit so far. I really liked last months kit, and I have looked at alot of the previous kits so I was pretty sure I would be happy with them. What got me interested in their kits to start with was that several of the artists that I have in my favorites section here are on the DT there. I haven't had to deal with customer service yet, other than the initial getting on the list, so I don't really know how that is, but I am excited overall to be receiving their kits!

ajsevall
Diva
ajsevall

I love shopping and I love enabling so I think this is the perfect place for me!!

Hmmmm... a short list. This will is hard.

So my budget is $150.

I have to have the new Prima stitched papers, the paradise city paper collection, fiskars apron lace border punch, stickles in red and green (I'm out), martha stewart loopy punch, gotta have the new BG Nook & Pantry and Eskimo Kisses.

Not sure how I'm going to afford all these on my budget..... hmmmm..... gotta go deal hunting I guess

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to ajsevall

Hi Amanda! .......welcome! ..........I just got the MS loop punch ........LOVE it!!!!!! ........also have apron lace .........also a great punch! .........Ms 40% off coupons are a big helper when shopping on a budget! .........good luck!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Welcome Amanda...thanks for joining us!!! I want that MS Loop punch...but it has eluded me so far!!! LOL

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Krissy...I just checked out that monthly kit for MCS and it is beautiful!!! I may sign up for that one too when I get a job again if I have enough for it. If not, I may switch to it for a few months when my Swirlydoos membership is up.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

just checked deal of the day .........no temptation for me ........

lstory 
Mayor

Me neither, Michelle, which is a change of pace! I check three sites plus Two Veg each morning. There's usually a temptation once or twice a week, mostly from Fruit and Two Veg.

Lisa

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to lstory

nope...deal of the day site wasn't that great...not sure what veggie is though.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

oh ........well I don't check that one ........and I don't need to start either! LOL

Page 1 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics