Page 1 of 48 
Username Post: JAFF (Just A Few Friends)        (Topic#1515743)
KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-16-09 03:07 AM

If you would like to join our little group please send a pm to our Founder. That's Kim. Thanks!!

JAFF (Just A Few Friends) is a group of “slow” scrappers, created by a slow scrapper. We are scrappers that are happy when we get 2 to 4 pages done a week. We are overjoyed if we get 6 pages done in a week and unbelievably thrilled with anything above that. And sometimes, we don't even get to scrap each week - gasp!! I know, it's just not fair.

Our Rules:

1. Have fun, share, visit and post your layouts whenever you get them done.
2. Try to check in at least three (3) times a week, even if it’s just a quick “Hi, how is everyone?”
3. Leave each other love on layouts. If anyone asks for help or a critique on a page, please either post that critique here or pm them. (Helping each other is what friends do.)
4. No challenges, if we (as a group) decide we want to have a monthly challenge or something, then we will.
5. No flooding the thread!! Unless of course you have this crazy burst of energy and/or time and get 30 layouts done all at once. I can’t speak for the other JAFF girls, but, that’s never going to happen with me!!

Okay, enough rules. Let’s have some fun!!

Members of JAFF

KimKV (Kim)
Jaxxan (Jill)
KristaDee (Krista)
gramary (Mary)
ZRock (Zandra)
Provinca (Anna)
Bonnie Jean
Iuplori (Lori)
Melissa

Edited by KimKV on 10-26-12 11:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-16-09 03:21 AM
In response to KimKV

I'm Kim, founder, so to speak, of this group. I am married to a totally wonderful man, 22 plus years now and we still hold hands in Wal-Mart!! I have one son, 17 and tall as a tree!! He is a senior - Go class of 2010! I have two terribly rotten cats. And even though I do not work outside the house, I seem to always have a chore to do, an errand to run or something that keeps me out of my scraproom more than I would like.

I average about 2 pages a day,(when I scrap) and this doesn't matter if I'm in there for 2 hours or 8, with a sketch or not.

mojosmaddy
Guru
mojosmaddy
In response to KimKV

I would love to be a JAFF if you'd have me. I am more of a card maker, but even that is a challenge at times.

Making LOs is sooooooooooooooooo much of a challenge for me....I am more of a cards kind of girl. Either way I take FOREVER to accomplish anything cuz I just don't have time, can't commit to the design, or just don't have the "right" stuff to finish a project.

I'm looking forward to making new friends and checking out your work for inspiration.

Have a great day!
Kristi

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to mojosmaddy

Oh, this totally me! I average about 1 lo a week, 2 if I am lucky. I love to scrap, just can't seem to find the time. I have started entering challenges to motivate me. I can't recall ever finishing 2 pages in one day.
My name is Ginny, I have been married almost 10 years and I have 4 awesome kids!

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to GinnyHughes

I would also love to be a member! Because I thought I was the only one on the planet who took 2 days to finish 1 page....
My name is Hollie, and I'm 24 years old....going to be 25 next month. I have a wonderful boyfriend that I have been with for almost 6 months now. And I am a very sllllooooowwwwww scrapper! (I do like the slowness, because it's just relaxing and theraputic for me...)

LaurenBiz
Idol
LaurenBiz
In response to pollywog

Hello JAFF ladies!

I'm so excited about this group - I've never been in a group here on sb.com.

I'm 23, and will be 24 in January. I graduated college in May 2008 from 'Mizzou' which is the University of Missouri-Columbia. I have a Bachelor of Journalism, and my specific area of emphasis within that is Advertising.

I've had a terrible time finding work in Wisconsin because of the economy, and also because I'm in MO searching for jobs in WI (not many connections)! My boyfriend Justin (originally from my same town,) lives and works there. He even owns his own home, so he's there for good. It's my plan to find a job and move up there!

For scrapping...I technically started in high school with a project we had that dealt with scrapbooking. I fell in love, and couldn't stop. But college kept me too busy, so I didn't scrap for about four years. I started back up again in May 08 after I graduated. So most recently, I've scrapped for about a year.

I'm really slow with scrapping, and on top of that, I have a hard time finding hours and hours that I can just sit down to complete a LO. So, I don't have much in my gallery :-/

OK! I'm ready to read more about more JAFFs!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 09-16-09 05:22 AM
In response to LaurenBiz

Hi Ladies
First, I want to thank Kim for hosting this great thread! WTG Kim... perfect idea!
My name is Lynn & I LOVE scrapbooking & scrapbookers even more! Such a great community! I have been married for 31 years (woooot) to an awesome guy! We have a 28 yr old son who is married with with no kiddies. We recently retired from USAF after 23 years active duty service. My hubby still works for USAF, only as a civilian. I am lucky enough to be able to stay at home with our crazy mini schnauzer. We live in the St Louis area so gotta love blues music & baseball! Looking forward getting to know everyone & sharing scrapbooking ideas ...not to mention a few laughs

Edited by Foamy on 09-16-09 05:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

LaurenBiz
Idol
LaurenBiz
In response to Foamy

Hi Lynn-

What suburb of STL are you in!? Lots of my friends from college came from Chesterfield and West County. Not that I know even where those are, but they are somewhere near STL! I've only been there a few times, and not recently.

Have a good day

cheryljunegirl
Queen
cheryljunegirl
In response to Foamy

Hi all!! Thank you so much Lynn for starting this fun group! I look forward to getting to know you all better. I'm Cheryl and 48 years old. I have been married to my great hubby for 26 years and we have five children. Our oldest two daughters are married and have given us three of the cutest grandchildren ever! Our third daughter leaves next week and will be gone for a year and a half serving a mission for our church in Paraguay. Our only son is in his first semester of college. He will be leaving at the end of this school year to also serve a mission for our church. Our youngest daughter is 14 and is in 9th grade. Even though most of our children are not at home, I still manage to keep super busy and am also a super slow scrapper. If I'm lucky I'll get two layouts done a week. Last Christmas I got bitten by the card making bug, too and love to now make cards.

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to Foamy

Hello everyone!

Meg here from Elkins, Arkansas. We are in the NW Corner, 7 miles from the UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS-GO HOGS!! (sorry, had to get that out of my system!)

I have been married to my wonderful husband for 14 years and we have one 10 year old daughter, Baylie. She is the light of our lives and the focus of most of my scrapbooking-as you can tell from my gallery.

I absolutely love, love, love to scrap. I spend all of my spare time in my scraproom. That is, when I am not driving to softball games, softball practices or dog shows. I am a professional dog handler and am gone a lot on weekends.

I am so excited to be a part of this group!! Thanks Kim for the invite and I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you!!

Hugs!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to imbayliesmom

HI Everyone,

Thanks Kim for getting this started and including me! Great idea and looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Jill

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-16-09 08:24 AM
In response to jaxxan

HELLO!!!! JAFF Girls!! So excited about this thread, as Jill above can tell you. I have been pondering this for quite some time and finally decided to go for it. I hope we have many, many, many months (or years) of fun, friendship and layouts and cards!!

Lauren - Where in MO is your boyfriend? I am actually orginally from there. The Kansas City area.

Well, I need to go run the vacuum sweeper, see there's one of those darn chores getting in my scrappy way. But, I have a headache and I don't feel like doing anything!!

Later today, I'm going try to hit everyone's gallery and sprinkle a little a love!! See ya!!

Babys Got Blue Eyes
Governor
Babys Got Blue Eyes
In response to KimKV

Right now I'm living with my aunt and all my scrapbook stuff is in storage but I'll save this for later! Thanks for the invite!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-16-09 10:09 AM
In response to Babys Got Blue Eyes

You got it Jaime.

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to KimKV

Hey JAFF!

I wanted to drop back by and say that I am going to be on vacation starting on Friday and won't be back until next Wednesday. So, if I don't check in during this time, I am not ignoring you.....I am just not near a computer.

Can't wait to get to know each and every one of you!! Hugs!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KimKV

Oh kim, I hope your headache goes away soon!

I was in a hurry to get kids off earlier but realize to be fair I should probably share a little about myself as well.

I have been married to a very supportive guy for 10 years and we have two wonderful boys ages 8 and 4 1/2. Both my husband and I grew up among the orchards in Northern California only to watch them be cleared away to create Silicon Valley.

Aside from raising kids and helping out in our business I am working towards becoming a professional photographer for babies/kids.

I am so happy Kim started this thread and hoping it last for a long time!

mojosmaddy
Guru
mojosmaddy
In response to imbayliesmom

Awwwwwww I've been accepted!!!!! I'm so very excited!

I guess I need to introduce myself. My name is Kristi and I'm a slow scrapper. My DH and I have been married 4yrs the 24th of this month. Between the 2 of us we have five children and ONE grandbaby. I totally should have just signed up for being a grandma because it is soooooooooooo much fun! Only problem is grandgirl is in NC and I'm in Ohio but we are looking to move there hopefully in the near future.

In February I will be turning the big 40, but I'm excited, bring it on!

I am also the proud owner of a basset hound, Molly Mae, however, she is suffering from an identity crisis, she does not know she is a dog. I always thought people who were gaga over their pets were a lil loopy, but now that I am a pet parent I totally get it.

Just one more blurb and I'll shut up. I totally love SB.com and actually hosted a crop at my house this past summer with some of my friends from here. They came from MO, PA and MA all to visit and scrap! (Holla! Granmary,Justowen, J3Mel, Michellescraps,Shayla) They were very supportive of my slow scrapping style. Actually, I was too busy making sure they had enough to eat, and had everything they needed in order to scrap in peace.

I look forward to widening my friendship circle. Unfortunately, my Tech person blocked my SB access from so now I can only visit at night or on the weekends. I will try to keep up.

Have a great evening! I'm off to check out galleries.

Edited by mojosmaddy on 09-16-09 01:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes

Kristi, my mom lives in NC and is going to move up here to NH to be near my kids, her only grandchildren. And your anniversary is the day before mine, we are celebrating 10 years. The time sure does fly!

mojosmaddy
Guru
mojosmaddy

• 2girls2dogs Said:
Kristi, my mom lives in NC and is going to move up here to NH to be near my kids, her only grandchildren. And your anniversary is the day before mine, we are celebrating 10 years. The time sure does fly!

Well happy anniversary early! What part of NC is your mom in? The grandbaby lives in Hampstead, about 5 minutes drive from Topsail. I am hoping to move close to them AND the beach...just gotta find me a job there.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-16-09 04:15 PM

So, we bought a boat last week. It's an older one, 20 years, I think. Anyway, dh got of work early today so we could take it to the local lake. We got down there, got it in the water, not off the trailer and the darn thing would not start!!! We have no idea why, it started before we bought and once after we got it home. We were bummed.

Thanks to all of you for joining this group and for thanking me for starting it. You are all welcome!!!

mojosmaddy
Guru
mojosmaddy
In response to KimKV

Awwwwwww that is a bummer!!!!!!!

Is DH mechanical enough to figure out the problem?

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-16-09 05:36 PM

Possibly, my Dad gave him some ideas of things to check. It's weird because it started right up before we bought it and again at home later that night. I'm just glad we didn't drive a long way and this happened!! DH is going to send the guy we bought it from to see if this ever happened to him.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KimKV

I hope you are able to get the boat working. That is such a bummer!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-17-09 03:20 AM
In response to jaxxan

DH sent an e-mail to the guy we bought it from. And he told him what may have happened, something about flooding it and drying the spark plugs. DH is off work tomorrow and fiddle with it then.

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to KimKV

Hi ladies!
Just dropping a line to wish you all a wonderful day today!
I almost scrapped last night, but my boyfriend put in a movie and I got interested....
At least I am going to Scrapmania at Archiver's tomorrow night so I can get a couple pages done! heehee!

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to pollywog

That sounds like fun Hollie! I haven't been to an Archiver's, there aren't any close to me.
Hope you get the boat figured out Kim, what lake do you go to?

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to KimKV

Kristi, my mom lives in Raleigh. I have heard of Topsail, just not sure where it is.

cheryljunegirl
Queen
cheryljunegirl

Hi all!

Kim- hope you all get the boat fixed! It will be so much fun once you get it up and running.

Hollie- have fun at Archivers.

Here is a new layout from me. It will be the last from me for at least a week. My daughter leaves for her mission in SIX days...yikes...so much to do before she leaves. There definitely won't be time for scrapping...picture taking yes...scrapping no. So this is it from me for now:

I Have a Great Grandpa By Cheryljunegirl

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 09-17-09 06:06 AM
In response to KimKV

Morning Friends! How is everyone today?

Lauren- My sister lives in Chesterfield & my son lives in West County! How crazy is that..small world! I live in Colunbia IL which is a small town across the river from South St Louis County. It is smalltown USA with the city close buy. It's the best of both worlds!

Kim what a pain & let down! You were all excited to take the boat out & blah.... Any word?

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 09-17-09 06:10 AM
In response to cheryljunegirl

Cheryl Awesome lo! Ohhh I bet you will be snapping some pics the next 6 days. I would be a bundle of nerves! hang in there

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 09-17-09 06:13 AM
In response to Foamy

Gotta cut grass today UGGGG
I try to do it during the week so the weekend is free from that duty... they are short enough & hate to work them away.

pollywog
Expert
pollywog

• 2girls2dogs Said:
That sounds like fun Hollie! I haven't been to an Archiver's, there aren't any close to me.
Hope you get the boat figured out Kim, what lake do you go to?

It is soooo much fun! I love Achiver's, but I think some of their prices are a little too high. Usually during the week you can use their scraproom for free, but tomorrow night costs $15. For snacks, soda and door prizes. My friend got a buy 1 get 1 free seat, so that's how I got to go!

Edited by pollywog on 09-17-09 07:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to Foamy

• Foamy Said:
Gotta cut grass today UGGGG
I try to do it during the week so the weekend is free from that duty... they are short enough & hate to work them away.

Hope the weather is perfect for you! I know what you mean about the weekends....all summer long they feel so packed full of things to do...by Sunday you wonder where all your time went.

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 09-17-09 07:59 AM
In response to KimKV

ok so I am just checking in and seeing what you are up to madame presidente! you know me your stalker!! hehe!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to zrock

Zandra,
You are to funny! Kim is lucky to have such a nice stalker!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-17-09 11:13 AM
In response to cheryljunegirl

• cheryljunegirl Said:
Hi all!

Kim- hope you all get the boat fixed! It will be so much fun once you get it up and running.

Hollie- have fun at Archivers.

Here is a new layout from me. It will be the last from me for at least a week. My daughter leaves for her mission in SIX days...yikes...so much to do before she leaves. There definitely won't be time for scrapping...picture taking yes...scrapping no. So this is it from me for now:

I Have a Great Grandpa By Cheryljunegirl

We have our first official JAFF layout!!! Go Cheryl!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-17-09 11:18 AM
In response to zrock

• zrock Said:
ok so I am just checking in and seeing what you are up to madame presidente! you know me your stalker!! hehe!

Hi Z...You stalker you!! I'm starting a group for all of us slow scrappers, that get happy when we finish 2 pages in less than a week.

Anyone that is wondering why she calls me madame presidente, it's because I am the president and whip master of a goal setting group.

And I almost scrapped today!!! But, alas I was just not motivated enough by the time I got home form errands. Maybe tomorrow while the hubby fiddles with the boat!!

Edited by KimKV on 09-17-09 11:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Mrs. Tristan
Queen
Mrs. Tristan
In response to KimKV

MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! Is dinner ready? Oh wait.. uh.. where am i? SO THIS IS WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN ALL THIS TIME!?!?!?! THAT'S WHY I COULDN'T FINE YOU!

kzookeeper
Queen
kzookeeper
In response to KimKV

Hi everyone,

My name is Betty, I am 50 (looks like I might be the oldest in the group !!! I've been married to my DH, Jerry, for 32 years (in Dec). We have four wonderful "kids" - Joshua (24), Adam (22 and recently married to my DIL Andrea), Sarah (20) and Benjamin (18). I thought when Benjamin finished high school (homeschooled) and Sarah started college, and Adam married that I would have soooooo much more time to scrap - I don't know what happened!!!! I hardly ever have time lately. LOL! Sarah and I have worked like dogs for the last couple of months painting and moving rooms around (since Adam married and vacated the premises) and we FINALLY have our dream scrap room/library! (of course - it's mostly scrapping space - !)I just come in here and sit....... don't scrap..... just sit....... and look......! Hopefully I will get some pics of soon of our finished room and HOPEFULLY I will find where I misplaced my mojo when we were organizing so I can get back to scrapping

Anyhow, we have three "kids" still living at home. We also have FIVE dogs - three that live inside and two outside. AND my mother lives on one side of us and DH mother on the other!!!!! So, my life can be a ZOO!

I know a couple of you already and am looking forward to getting to know the others. Sarah is hoping to get on here later and introduce herself - she has two Eng. comp. papers to finish and turn in before midnight tonight - ugh!

Hope you all have a great scrapping weekend (we are going to a crop Fri. night - yippee!!!). I'll check in again soon.

Betty

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-17-09 01:14 PM
In response to kzookeeper

Betty, have you heard from you DIL if she wants to join??

I go and just sit and my new work table too!! It's that funny? You don't have me beat my too much I will be 47 next month. Like a fine wine, I simply improve with age!!

DH almost got the boat to start this afternoon. We think it might need need sparkplugs.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-17-09 01:16 PM
In response to Mrs. Tristan

• Mrs. Tristan Said:
MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! Is dinner ready? Oh wait.. uh.. where am i? SO THIS IS WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN ALL THIS TIME!?!?!?! THAT'S WHY I COULDN'T FINE YOU!

Now Nati, sweetie, Mommy loves you and I would never abandon you. But sometimes mommy's need to scrap with people her own scrap speed. And dinner will done pretty soon.

vmachef ANGELA
Mayor
vmachef ANGELA

• kzookeeper Said:
Hi everyone,

My name is Betty, I am 50 (looks like I might be the oldest in the group !!! I've been married to my DH, Jerry, for 32 years (in Dec). We have four wonderful "kids" - Joshua (24), Adam (22 and recently married to my DIL Andrea), Sarah (20) and Benjamin (18). I thought when Benjamin finished high school (homeschooled) and Sarah started college, and Adam married that I would have soooooo much more time to scrap - I don't know what happened!!!! I hardly ever have time lately. LOL! Sarah and I have worked like dogs for the last couple of months painting and moving rooms around (since Adam married and vacated the premises) and we FINALLY have our dream scrap room/library! (of course - it's mostly scrapping space - !)I just come in here and sit....... don't scrap..... just sit....... and look......! Hopefully I will get some pics of soon of our finished room and HOPEFULLY I will find where I misplaced my mojo when we were organizing so I can get back to scrapping

Anyhow, we have three "kids" still living at home. We also have FIVE dogs - three that live inside and two outside. AND my mother lives on one side of us and DH mother on the other!!!!! So, my life can be a ZOO!

I know a couple of you already and am looking forward to getting to know the others. Sarah is hoping to get on here later and introduce herself - she has two Eng. comp. papers to finish and turn in before midnight tonight - ugh!

Hope you all have a great scrapping weekend (we are going to a crop Fri. night - yippee!!!). I'll check in again soon.

Betty

HI ALL!!! SORRY BETTY BUT YOU ARE NOT THE OLDEST I AM IN THE SAME BOAT. OPPP!!! I JUST ADMITED TO BE 50!!!!!! WELL OK I AM PROUD AND I WILL INTRODUCED MYSELF TO ALL:

I AM 50 YEARS OLD, WIFE,MOTHER OF 2 AND A GRANDMA. O BEING WORKING IN PHYSICAL THERAPY FOR ALMOST 30 YEARS. I'M ORIGINALLY FROM PUERTO RICO HOWEVER LIVED IN SOUTHER ARIZONA FOR 16 YEARS. I BEEN SCRAPBOOKING SINCE 1998. I AM COFFEE JUNKIE, LOVE TO READ AND SPEND TIME WITH MY FAMILY. LOVE TO SCRAPBOOK AT NIGHT LISTENING TO 80 MUSIC. I'M NEVER FOLLOW THE CROW. ENJOY EXPERIMENTING WITH ALTERED ART TECHNIQUES AND PAGES LOADED WITH EMBELLIES. MY STYLE CHANGES WITH MY MOOD, BUT LOVE VINTAGE LOOKS AND ANYTHING GOES.
MY INSPIRATION IS MY FAMILY AND THE LITTLE EVERYDAY SURPRISES THAT MAKE LIFE MEMORABLE. LOVE GOING TO CROPS AND SPEND TIME WITH MY FRIENDS. I WAS PART OF THE STAFF OF SNR (ONLINE MAGAZINE),GUEST DESIGNER FOR SWIRLYDOOS AND PART OF THE DT FOR SCRAPGOOD KIT CLUB (RETIRED). SOMETIMES I TEACH AT MY LOCAL SCRAPBOOK STORE.
SOME OF MY RANDOM FACTS ARE :
I LEAR TO OPEN A COMBINATION LOCK AT AGE 38.
I HAVE THE CAPTION IN MY TV TO READ IT SO I CAN KEEP THE VOLUME DOWN.
I HAVE ENOUGH PP TO COVER ALL MY HOUSE WALLS AT LEAST 4 TIMES.

WELL I AM GLAD TO BE PART OF THIS GROUP AND HOPPING TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS.

HUGS ANGELA

PS STOP AT MY BLOG I AM HAVING A HALLOWEEN GIVEAWAY.

kzookeeper
Queen
kzookeeper
In response to vmachef ANGELA

well, Angela, I'm going to officially declare you the oldest since you're a "grandma"! LOL! Hopefully I won't experience that particular joy for a few more years!

Kim, I haven't heard from Andrea - I'll try to give them a call tonight and see if she's interested. They just moved to Nashville two weeks ago and she just started here new job and they've only had their DSL hooked up for a few days, so she might not have gotten the PM. I'll let you know what I find out.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 09-17-09 04:57 PM

woooot so happy so see everybody....
I am officially the oldest I do believe! I will be 52 next month & having more fun in my 50"s than I could ever imagine! especially since we started being empty nesters!

Edited by Foamy on 09-17-09 04:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

vmachef ANGELA
Mayor
vmachef ANGELA
In response to Foamy

YES LYNN I AGREE WITH YOU!! I AM ENJOYING MY 50!!! MORE TIME EVEN I WORK FULL TIME!!!!

SO FUN TO SEE SO MANY FAMILIAR FACES

GOODNIGHT MY FRIENDS

ANGELA

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to vmachef ANGELA

okay if we are going to talk about age...I have to say I just turned 40 and so far really good! I had this whole perspective change it has been great. I can't imagine what 50 will hold.
I am surprised at my thinking because I had age anxiety for most of my 20's and 30's.

It is nice to be around women who feel empowered by their age!

mojosmaddy
Guru
mojosmaddy
In response to jaxxan

Happy Fridday!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-18-09 02:47 AM
In response to jaxxan

Good morning ladies!!!

We have another Slow Scrapper joining us from the orginal invite. It's Afdani1984 and I believe her name is Dani. I'm sure she will be by shortly to say hi and give us some info on herself.

I have three other scrappers that have contacted me with great interest in joining us. With those three, it will bring our total to 17 (counting Betty's DIL). I think we will leave it at the number for now. Agreed???

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to KimKV

Agree, Kim!
Happy Friday to everyone!
So excited to scrap tonight!
I am working on an 8.5x8.5 album, so I will probably post those pics when I finish with it. I'm only 2 pages in!

Jaycie6
Tenant
Jaycie6
In response to Foamy

You live in Columbia? Oh my gosh...I live 5 minutes from there in the next town!!! I just joined this board last week and was curious how close anyone lived near me in IL. Never thought it would be THAT close to me! LOL!!!

Jaycie6
Tenant
Jaycie6
In response to KimKV

If you decide to open it back up, I'm interested. Since I'm new at scrapbooking, I'm definitely sloooow. : )

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 09-18-09 06:53 AM
In response to Jaycie6

• Jaycie6 Said:
You live in Columbia? Oh my gosh...I live 5 minutes from there in the next town!!! I just joined this board last week and was curious how close anyone lived near me in IL. Never thought it would be THAT close to me! LOL!!!

LoL 5 mins in close!!! Do you shop the ST Louis side or IL side?? I do both LOL

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 09-18-09 06:54 AM
In response to Foamy

Wooots happy Friday ladies!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 09-18-09 06:55 AM
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
Good morning ladies!!!

We have another Slow Scrapper joining us from the orginal invite. It's Afdani1984 and I believe her name is Dani. I'm sure she will be by shortly to say hi and give us some info on herself.

I have three other scrappers that have contacted me with great interest in joining us. With those three, it will bring our total to 17 (counting Betty's DIL). I think we will leave it at the number for now. Agreed???

Thats a good #

Jaycie6
Tenant
Jaycie6
In response to Foamy

Both. I haven't noticed alot of stores in South County to choose from so it looks like I'll be driving to Fairview more often.

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to Jaycie6

Hi Jaycie! I live in Fort Wayne, IN! So I am kinda close to you, but not very....we are still neighbors!

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to Foamy

• Foamy Said:
Wooots happy Friday ladies!

Same to you!!!!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 09-18-09 09:40 AM
In response to pollywog

Here is my first official layout posted in this forum! thanks for looking

Enjoy the little things.
By Foamy

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Foamy

Hello all, the Great Kim said I could join.

My name is Krista, I'm from a small rural "city" (it's still small town mentality - with enough people to classify as a city) in Southern Manitoba Canada. About 20 minutes from the North Dakota border.

I'm a stay at home Mom of 2 very rowdy boys. My oldest Cody is 7 and is in Grade Two. My youngest Crispin (or Cris as I've been starting to call him lately) is almost 4 (21 days left) and has enjoyed his very first afternoon in Preschool. I've been married for 11 years and scrapping for 10. I used to be a speedy scrapper, but then I got busy with the kids and all the other daily aspects of life and so scrapping took a back seat.
I'm hoping to be able to get back into the swing of things and try to get caught up. I was almost caught up and then we added Crispin to the family, and I got behind again. I know that I will have about an hour and a half every Wednesday afternoon to scrap (while Crispin is in school) and I'm really looking forward to it.
I think that's a bit about me in a nutshell. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Sarah_Liz
Mayor
Sarah_Liz
In response to KristaDee

Hey everyone,

My name is Sarah and I'm 20, will be 21 in April- looks like I might be the youngest here. I'm from Georgia. I guess you all know by now that Kzookeeper is my mom. I'm currently in my freshman year of college. I'm a very slow scrapper- before I started school I got maybe 2-3 LO's done a week. Now that I'm in school, I'm lucky if I even get to scrap at all lol! Thank goodness for Friday night crops! I've been scrapping for about 5 years now, but didn't really get hooked until after I joined sb.com. I love scrapping with fun prints/bright colors and I get inspiration from the little everyday moments.

Thanks so much, Kim, for asking me to join this group! Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Sarah

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-18-09 10:59 AM
In response to KimKV

OH boy Oh boy!
there's room for me!
I am one of the slowest scrappers in the universe (Kristi can attest to that!) so this is definitely a home for me!

Thank you so much!

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to Sarah_Liz

Hello fellow scrappers! When I saw Kim's post about a group for slowwwww scrappers, I thought, AT LAST! A group for me! The group was closed, but thank you, Kim, for making room for me!

Okay. It's official: I am the oldest member of JAFF at age 54! My name is Karen and I live in Redding, CA. I grew up here and then lived in Salem, OR for 26+ years. I'm single and I moved back "home" to care for my elderly parents. I am a freelance editor and copywriter and work from home, which is why I was free to make the move when necessary.

I have been scrapping for over 15 years now but it wasn't until I discovered SB.com that my passion for it really ignited. A number of you are already in my buddy list and I'm a fan of your work! I'm looking forward to meeting new friends here and sharing your lives!

Besides scrapping, I love to sing and have been part of worship teams in church for 24 years! I am an avid reader and belong to a CRAZY book club. I read 101 books in 2008! I also love reality TV - shows like Survivor, The Amazing Race, Top Chef, Project Runway, Design Star...anything on the Food Channel! I scrap most evenings and watch my favorites.

I'm planning to scrap all weekend. If I'm lucky, I'll get ONE page done! I am soooo slow and I get teased about it a lot! I told Kim that I usually have three LOs in some stage of completion at all times and I'm not even ADHD!!

Oh, one more thing about me is that I'm known around SB.com as the "dog lady" because they are my favorite subject to scrap! See what happens when you don't have children??? At least I haven't become one of those reclusive spinsters with 1,000 cats! Not yet anyway......

So, thank you for including me! I'm excited!!

Karen

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-18-09 12:53 PM
In response to kanary

well move over Karen you aren't the oldest - so far I am but as I say in my profile "i'm old enough to know better and young enough to not care!"

I am Mary, I live in MA now but still consider myself a Vermonter because that is where I spent most of my life (born in NJ, and also lived in OR for a couple of years).

I have a grown daughter and a grown son. And 4 grandchildren whom I absolutely am crazy about. I am single and work full time and spend as much time as possible with my family. I, like Kristi, would like to live closer to the grandkids but for now 1 hr by car to one set and an hour by air to the other set is having to do.
In addition to scrapping I love to cook, I Letterbox, I am a voracious reader and I do other crafts too.
I of course love to scrap no matter how slow I am - to me the process should be fun and if slow is how it happens good enough!
Sometimes I teach classes at my gf's little lss/crop room but I am so slow at coming up with projects I hate to give up the time I need for my scrapping.
I used to have a dining room and an extra bedroom but they are pretty much scrap rooms now - unless the grandkids are here.
My dd and both granddaughters also scrap so you could say we're a scrappy family.
Lastly, I have made some fantastic real life friends as a result of this board and I love them and my other sb buds... I am so excited to get to know the rest of you and know that the pressure to 'perform' is off!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-18-09 12:56 PM
In response to GMFTS

Hey I just saw Cheryl's latest lo as a featured lo!
Way to go Cheryl!!

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to GMFTS

Happy Friday everyone! Here is a page to share.

Shh...
By 2girls2dogs

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes

Sounds like this is going to be a fun group of ladies!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-18-09 04:04 PM

"The Great Kim" I like it!! I shall be known as "The Great Kim" from this point forward!!

Well the good new for my day, we got the boat running, still not sure what was up with that. Got the trailer light AND the wiring fixed on the truck trailer connector!!!

Bad news, no scrappy time for me

Maybe tomorrow????

I think I have all of us on the first post. Would you ladies just pop back there and make sure you are on there. Thanks!!

Edited by KimKV on 09-18-09 04:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KimKV

Oh Wow! The "Great Kim" powers are amazing, tell me did you have to touch the boat or did you just think it into working!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-19-09 04:38 AM
In response to jaxxan

I just glared from the deck and it shuttered and shook the clouds rolled in and it started right up!!!!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KimKV

You are truly amazing all powerful one!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to jaxxan

ACU!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to jaxxan

Good morning all. My BFF is out for the weekend, so I may not be on at all. I know I won't be scrapping either (unless I do a little bit this afternoon while she is at a wedding) I don't get to see her all that often, so I'll be taking advantage of the time together.

Have a great weekend!

mojosmaddy
Guru
mojosmaddy
In response to KristaDee

Just popping in for a quick hello! Went to the down town where I'm selling my cards. Dropped off some Halloween ones that I made last night. (I'll post them here in a minute.) Got some exciting news, two of my cards that I previously dropped off sold!!!!! Now I need to make cards to replace the ones I sold. Maybe later today, right now I'm fighting bronchitis and I'm ready for a nap.

Have a super Saturday!

mojosmaddy
Guru
mojosmaddy

[image][/image]

[image][/image]

Edited by mojosmaddy on 09-19-09 09:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kzookeeper
Queen
kzookeeper

Hey Kim,
Just wanted to let you know that finally was able to get in touch with Andrea this morning - she would like to be part of the group. She was going to let you know the other night, but it started storming and she had to get off the computer (they've had awful weather in TN this week!) And they are at an out of town wedding this weekend. Maybe she'll be able to check in the first of the week.

Sarah and I actually did get to go to a crop last night. We have a group that was started at our church (but we let anybody come). We had a great time - I only managed to get one layout finished and we were there for SIX HOURS. I am VERY slow.... LOL! Anyhow, maybe I'll get around to posting it by the first of the week.

Well, I'm ACU on reading the thread - I just have to go back and make comments. Have a great weekend!

Betty

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes

Just dropping by to say hello!

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary

Hello everyone! I have been scrapping on and off since Friday afternoon and I've managed to complete TWO pages! It is pathetic. I'm really struggling because I'm doing a Disneyland album for my friend Nini's birthday. She wants a "flat" album, meaning one with not a lot of thick embellishments. She's kind of from the Creative Memories school of thought.

This puts me out of my comfort zone because I really like dimension and texture. Twenty pages of this will probably have me drooling and counting ceiling tiles before it's finished!!

Just wanted to stop in and say hello! Glad some of you are getting the opportunity to scrap.

Betty, I always have a blast at crops, but that is my least productive time!! Someday I hope to be organized enough to have a few LOs pre-made before I go. Okay...I even cracked myself up with that one!!

Karen

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-19-09 05:10 PM
In response to kanary

Pre-made?? What is that?

Betty, I'll get Andrea added to the first page and she can pop in when ever the weather will allow!

When we took the boat out yesterday evening, the engine would not rev up to the RPM's it is supose to, so it didn't go very fast. So after some research, hubby decided the timing must be off.
So we spent most of our morning looking for a timing light. Apparently this is a tool that is commonly used when working on engines. We went to three auto parts stores before we found one! Anyway, dh spent the rest of the day, researching some more, reading, working on and fiddling with the boat engine. We're going to take the boat out tomorrow, hopefully it will go faster!!

I am planning to scrap Monday. I call Monday's "MY Days". On Monday I do what I want, I don't clean house - unless I want to. Yeah, that happens!! Sometimes I might do some laundry. But mostly I spend it however I want!!

mojosmaddy
Guru
mojosmaddy
In response to KimKV

Geesh you just said you wanted the boat to start you didn't say you wanted it to go fast

Good luck to you guys! Hope you get some wind in your hair tomorrow.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-20-09 04:38 AM

Oh details!!! The Great Kim Commands the boat to go FAST!!!!

I didn't tell you all this...dh looked for a new distributor for this 20 year old boat engine - You will NEVER guess how much it would cost!!!

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS - actually about $1300. ARE THEY KIDDING!!!??? I told him he better just work on the old one some more! My dad gave him a couple of ideas last night. So he will be out there again working on it for a a bit until the boys get back from riding their ATV's. I would go hide in my scrap room during this time, but my big wondow faces the driveway and if he needs my hap he will just stand out there and wave his arms until I come out!!!

afdani1984
Expert
afdani1984
In response to KimKV

I'm Danielle, or Dani..whichever I'm 25, married to a wonderful man named Thomas..and just found out we are expecting our first baby!!!

I am in the US Air Force, and am coming up on 6 years in March. We have a cat named Oreo, a rotten little cuss of a pug named Lola (she's adorable and our little terror!) and two rats, Octavius and Artemis.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone, and hopefully once I tie up some work junk that needs my attention, will be able to get back to scrapping this week.

Danielle

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 09-20-09 06:57 AM
In response to afdani1984

Morning ladies!!
I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. They fly by way too fast dont they?

LaurenBiz
Idol
LaurenBiz
In response to Jaycie6

OOPS. I had to go search around again for this message thread - I lost it somehow!

Kim, my boyfriend is in Wisconsin, but we are both originally from KCMO. He has lived in WI for about two years because of his job, so I'm still trying to find a job there.

Where did you live in KC!?

Edited by LaurenBiz on 09-20-09 07:06 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

LaurenBiz
Idol
LaurenBiz
In response to LaurenBiz

OK, ACU!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to LaurenBiz

Just Checking in. My coffee is cooling on the table, and my boys have "kidnapped" Auntie (my BFF) to their playroom.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-20-09 07:48 AM
In response to KristaDee

Lauren - I am from Independence. It is a suburb of KCMO. Heard of it??

WELCOME Danielle!!! AND CONGRATS ON THE BABY NEWS!!!

The boys already heading back from riding ATV's so we will be heading to the lake with the boat before long.

Edited by KimKV on 09-20-09 07:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to KimKV

Just stumbled across your new thread Kim! I know you're full, but if you hvae any openings, I'd love to join you!!!

mojosmaddy
Guru
mojosmaddy
In response to provinca

Congrats Danielle on the exciting news! We used to have pet rats. They are so cute! I'm trying to convince DH that we need to get a rat so our basset hound can have a playmate.

La8ebug
Expert
La8ebug

Danielle congrats on the baby

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to La8ebug

Congrats on the baby Danielle!!
Kim, I don't know if your husband is like mine. But whenever he has to fix something mechanical he might complain, but I think he secretly loves it! Hope you got the boat up and running, it was a beautiful day!
I am all for pets but I just don't think I could love a rat!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-20-09 02:33 PM

WAHOOOOO!!!! It's working, the boat, it's working!!! We went fast too!!! The boys had a blast on the tube, the got lots of air too and dumped twice.

Yeah, I think my DH likes to fiddle with the mechanical stuff too. Especially this motor, because it is so old, not alot of the computerized junk. Now, he will have stuff to do on the weekends. At least until the weather gets to bad/cold to work on it.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-20-09 02:40 PM
In response to KimKV

Oh yeah, I started a layout while I was for them, Scott, DS and his friend to finish fussing with the boat. Sad thing, it's a PAGEMAP!!! It should have taken me 15 minutes to throw together, but no...I will finish it tomorrow. So, watch out ladies your founder might get three pages done tomorrow!!

afdani1984
Expert
afdani1984
In response to KimKV

I'm currently formulating a LO for the picture I took of my positive pee stick. LMAO! Not sure when I will start it..but tonight is my night off and I'm feeling like a lazy pregnant lady so will relax with DH and hopefully hear back from the OB clinic tomorrow.

kzookeeper
Queen
kzookeeper
In response to afdani1984

Hi everyone - JCI!

Hope you all had a great weekend - it's rained here most of yesterday and today - UGH! I didn't get to do any scrapping (except Fri night at the crop) - time just got away from me - been running around all weekend (taking my mother to the hairdresser and buying groceries, etc., etc., etc.) and can't see a thing I've really accomplished!!!! Ever feel that way??? Oh well, there's always next week......

Dani, welcome to the group and congrats on the baby!

Kim, sounds like ya'll had fun out on the boat - glad your dh got it up and running!

pollywog
Expert
pollywog

Ok...ACU!
Good morning everyone! Hope everyone had an awesome weekend!
I only got 3 pages done on Friday night at Archiver's.....and the pages are 8.5x8.5......it's ok though, because I had a blast!
Kim- so glad you guys finally enjoyed the boat this weekend!
Dani- CONGRATS on the baby news!!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to pollywog

Good Morning all.

cheryljunegirl
Queen
cheryljunegirl
In response to KristaDee

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-21-09 06:24 AM
In response to pollywog

goooooooooooooooooooood morning JAFFERs!
I had a lovely weekend. Absolutely perfect fall weather.. my fav...
and I sorta scrapped... gf came over Friday night and I worked on a class project... need to do a lot more.
Yesterday I went to LSS and met my dd. Bought when I shouldn't have but you know how it is when you "need" something... embossing folders and a die and then - despite my best intentions Paper!
They are now carrying Graphic 45 which I have been trying not to buy online for months but it was there and it just jumped into my cart. What could I do? It followed me home!
Had lunch at one of my fav places and sat outside... heaven!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-21-09 06:26 AM
In response to GMFTS

Dani - congrats on the baby! HOw exciting...

Kim - it's wonderful to know that you have such powers... perhaps you could use them on my car?

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to GMFTS

• gramary Said:
They are now carrying Graphic 45 which I have been trying not to buy online for months but it was there and it just jumped into my cart. What could I do?

How could you resist, then?! I think I might hv to use that line the next time my boyfriend sees that I bought something!

Edited by pollywog on 09-21-09 07:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 48 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics