Page 48 of 48 
Username Post: JAFF (Just A Few Friends)        (Topic#1515743)
GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 07-19-13 12:05 PM
In response to KimKV

Kim it is giving me nausea and an upset stomach and headaches. Put that with the lightheadedness and dizziness from the latest anti-depressant and I am a mess.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to GMFTS

Mary - I hope you find some relief from the heat. It was back up to the high 30's here today (that's high 80's/90's for you - I think)

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 07-20-13 09:13 AM
In response to KristaDee

Heard from Jill, all is good. She had the baby and will hopefully post some pics today for us to uh and ah over!!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KimKV

What did Jill have? Do you know name? This is exciting.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KristaDee

Hi Everyone,

I just want to say I appreciate the support these past months and letting me vent my pregnancy woes to you.

We had Xachary James on Wednesday the 17th at 11:26 a.m.

He was 19 3/4 inches long 7.95 lbs

It was a scheduled c-section but it was a difficult one as I had a lot of scar tissue from the previous two. It took a long time to get through it and then he was so high up they ended up using a vacuum to get him out. All while I was getting sick on my side of the curtain.

However it was by far our best experience ever with a c-section. Bob said for once he felt acknowledged, they even told him when to get ready to snap a picture of them pulling Xac out.

I decided to stay one more day as I was having pain management issues. Loving Perkaset at the moment!
I have not had a lot of opportunity to really take a great picture of xac as I was out of it and cell phone pictures didn't quite work under the influence.

I do have this one of the boys meeting Xac for the first time. It was after arguing who got to hold him first. I will be taking more now that I am home and bore you with those soon!

For now here is the one decent one I could find:
Big Brothers meeting little brother By Jaxxan

Again thanks for the support, it really helped to have our group these past few months!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 07-21-13 04:48 AM
In response to jaxxan

Adorable pic Jill. Welcome home. And Congrats!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KimKV

Congrats Jill!!! That's exciting news. Can't wait to see more pictures.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 07-23-13 10:22 AM
In response to KristaDee

Jill it is great to hear from you! Love that photo of the boys.

I think it is great that Xachary showed up on my dgs' birthday.
Hope your recovery is going better and that he is settling in well also.

Had a great time at the reunion but my body is still wanting to know what I did to it - I danced all night long like I was 17 again. I am not 17!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 07-25-13 04:00 AM
In response to GMFTS

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KimKV

Good morning all.

I updated my blog yesterday.... only took me 6 months to remember that it hadn't been updated... LOL

http://myownbrandofcrazin ess.blogspot.ca/

I love working from home. If I choose to sleep in, I can! Oops. Good thing I hadn't told my boss I'd be on by a certain time, because I would have been "late" then. As long as I get my 3 hours in, he's pretty relaxed about it. And if there's nothing to do, then I get "paid" to do my own work - today is muffin making day. And packing for camping day.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 07-25-13 03:04 PM
In response to KristaDee

I do my blog once or twice, then totally forget about it. Then when I come back Blogger has totally changed and I can't find anything.

I wish I could find a gig like yours!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 07-25-13 03:05 PM
In response to KimKV

Mary, gotta watch that dancing!!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KimKV

Hey all!!! I'm at the farm!!! I love being home. Mom and I already have two projects lined up. The boys and I will be here almost 2 1/2 weeks. And then a week at a friends.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 08-02-13 10:36 AM
In response to KristaDee

Oh Krista you always sound so happy when you are at home. So glad you are able to be there.
BTW I loved the update on your blog. Keep it up.

I am more like Kim but worse. I don't ever post. I keep telling myself someday and then I wonder why I even think that will happen.

am home today. Woke up in the night with a ferocious headache which I still have. I was going to go into work late but it didn't improve and my stomach was upset too so I finally called in. We are so short staffed that I hate to be out but I wouldn't have been much good there today.

I have found, scanned and printed some photos I want for a number of challenges. good for the headache I know. I just need to print a few more and then I can get started. I am also waiting on a shipment from sb that is supposed to be delivered today...exciting!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 08-04-13 01:19 PM
In response to GMFTS

Hi ladies

We may have a new member joining us!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 08-07-13 05:03 AM
In response to KimKV

Who?

Quiet week here. Getting ready for some time away.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 08-08-13 04:07 PM
In response to GMFTS

Can't remember her name. I guess she is still interested.

OMGosh!!! This has been the worst week ever!!! Or at least in a long time. DH is out of town, Waco that's his punishment.

Sunday Peanut bit me and it got infected. I didn’t sleep worth a darn. Tossed turned rolled over on my arm.

Monday morning DS tells me he thinks he has a pilondial cyst. (look it up, it can be gross). My arm is swollen and red hot with fever. AND our doctor is off on Mondays. So I manage to get her nurse to have a doc call in antibiotics for me and make an appointment with another doc for DS.

This doc tells DS that there isn't anything they can do because it isn’t infected. He will eventually have to have surgery and will have to deal with the bleeding in the meantime. Wait, what!???? DS decided he wanted to go see the surgeon the told him to evidentially go see.

Tuesday I had a bunch of errand to run and it was just annoying. Slept good that night, 2 glasses of wine and 2 Advil PM’s WOOHOO!!!!!

Wednesday, me and Karlie do our usual run to PetSmart. This lady wants to know if her dog can say hi to Karlie, I say sure. They gal the works the front desk of the vet there tells the lady that Karlie is a puppy in training. Well Karlie got a little to rambunctious for her old dog and she starts telling me about how training is good and that they learn best when they are young. I believe the woman said the word training at least 7 times before I said ok, bye bye…I want to kill you now.

Didn’t sleep good again.

Today DS apt with surgeon. Thank the good Lord above he decided to go. Cause yea, there was something to be done besides surgery. Won’t give you the details. So after talking with DH we decided a call to the doc’s office was on order, to discuss the lack of urgency on her part. Surgeon it was good he came in better chance of problem being solved.

I told the girl I always talk to there, she gave the information to the office mgr so she could send it up the chain. She calls me and wants to know what I wanted her to do about it. She immediately takes the defensive when I start talking to her. She interrupts me and when I wouldn’t let her she tells me “Be a good listener” Can you believe that!!?? The conversation continues to go down hill and I tell her that this obviously going to be a he said she said situation and wasn’t going to go anywhere, at which point the byotch interrupts me again. When I say I’m not done, she says “Oh My” like how dare I. I said “NOW were Done!” Made phone call to confirm something, got her bosses name and number, the VP of the place and had a lovely chat with her.

Then I poured a glass of wine and 2 minutes later DS came up and wanted Pizza sticks from down the street. And his tushy hurts so I wnet to get them. Pulled into the parking lot right behind a cop. No Occifer, I no dinky the wine, you smells me gum -

I'm gonna go have more gum now!!!!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 08-09-13 05:10 AM
In response to KimKV

well Kim that is quite the saga...hope that both you and ds are feeling better by now.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 08-10-13 03:42 AM
In response to GMFTS

Last night while I watching a movie a knock a can of coke of my table, I thought I had let it sit long enough before I opened it. WRONG!!!! It sprayed in my face, on the couch, the floor. Seriously, if I am still alive when Scott gets back in town tonight is will be a miracle. I have to take the trash to the dump today. I hope I don't fall into the crusher!!!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KimKV

HI Everyone,

Thanks for all the congrats and the kind comments on the photo. I am still wiped out and a fussy baby with tummy issues isn't helping much.
I think we are really feeling our age.

Kim, You will have quite story for Scott when he gets back, but I am wondering if we need to get you one of those Life alert systems......Help I can't get up but in your case help I want to throttle someone!

I have to tell you I saw your post about the dogs and office manager when I was tired of walking with a upset baby and it lightened my day. I appreciate the dry wit in which you write about your frustrations.

Mary where are you heading out to? I am glad that you got to dance like a teenager with your friends. It sounds like you had a great time on your last trip.

Krista, I need to get over to your blog. I do agree with Mary that your post always sound so bright and happy when you are home on your parents farm. You must have wonderful childhood memories.

I just wanted to check in and say hi! Hope you are all enjoying weekend.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 08-12-13 03:43 AM
In response to jaxxan

Hi ya!

Jill, Scott get to leave the joys of each day right along with me in the evenings.

So I have finally gotten completely fed up with people telling me Karlie has Chow in her because she has black on her tongue. It always seems to be people that are supposedly dog knowledgeable. So after having yet another person tell me that the other day, I went in search of articles regarding this. Even after I explain to them it is merely denser pigment that causes that they act like I am wrong. I found what I was looking for along with a picture of a purebred, show quality Golden Retriever with black spots on his tongue. I printed up some cards, facts on one side, pic on the other. Put them in her and bag and the next time someone starts up that I'm going to tell them no she is part Golden, part Polar Bear...they have black tongues. Then give them a card and walk away!!

How is everyone else? We sure go through highs and lows here.

Edited by KimKV on 08-12-13 03:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KimKV

Boo!!!!

Just checking in. Have a quiet moment, so I thought I'd stop in quick. We are having a blast. At the moment, it's just me, a girlfriend whom I haven't seen in 2 years, my boys and my parents. My Sisters, their hubbys and kids all went home yesteday. As did my hubby.

Best highlight so far - the look of surprise on my parents face when they got home from a lunch out on Saturday and were faced with about 80 people wishing them very happy 60th birthdays. My sisters and I planned a 60th Birthday party for both of them. It was so much fun.

Well, I'm off to visit again. Catch you all later.

And yes - I have very happy memories of the farm and growing up here. Sure wish I could twist my hubby's arm into letting us move home.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 08-21-13 05:25 AM
In response to KristaDee

Jill - I feel your pain with a fussy baby. Both of mine were colicky. Both ended up on soy formula. I forgot what sleep was like and I was only 20 and 21. Hope things improve quickly.

Krista - are you still at the farm or back home now?

Kim - you crack me up with the black tongue issue. It is always the 'experts' isn't it?

Had my Cape mini-vacation. Went out for overnight on the 10th/11th with friends. Then back again the 14th - 17th with dd and her kids. We hit a different beach everyday and loved them all. Saw sharks, and a seal, at Wellfleet on Friday - the one that has been all over the news lately. We shopped too and ate well and just plain had a wonderful time. It is unanimous that we do this again next year and for many years.

Back at work now and ready for another vacation. Maybe around Columbus day.

I need to get up to VT next week to see my parents. They are only there from today till Labor Day. The word is my Dad is really failing - hard to think this may be the last time I see him.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to GMFTS

Mary, I'm not at the farm, but I'm still on holidays. I'm spending my last week of holidays helping out at a friends place. We are doing VBS in the mornings, and packing her house in the afternoons/evenings, plus we've canned mustard beans, and canned apple juice. Today we came home from VBS and just crashed.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 08-27-13 02:37 PM
In response to KristaDee

Can you believe it is almost the end of summer?
What is everyone doing for the holiday weekend?

I think I would like to take a bit of a hike either in the state park close to me or just down around the river in my neighborhood.

HOpe the weather cooperates.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to GMFTS

Mary - after my month away, I think I'm just staying home! We got home Saturday evening (24th), and locked ourselves into our house, and did not leave till Monday morning. It was a great month away, but I was sure glad to come home.

Monday evening my Great Aunt and her daughter came to visit, and we've been having a heat wave... which doesn't sound like they relate, but with my Aunt being almost 80, we gave up our nice cool main floor bedroom to her and her daughter so she didn't have to do stairs... which means that we are sleeping upstairs in the very warm guest room. So tonight they get more blankets and we are cranking the air colder.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 08-29-13 07:26 AM
In response to KristaDee

Krista you are so good to give up your cool room.
We have been having that heat too. I can't sleep with AC on so I run a fan and even that gets too much sometimes. There is just no pleasing me.

One plan for this weekend is to meet my brother and parents for coffee on Sat. AM as they pass through town between VT and CT. NOt much of a visit and I would pass except that my parents will be heading back to FL next week. My dad is failing quite a bit so this could very well be the last time I see him.

Our relationship has not been great for many years but in spite of that this makes me very sad, especially because now I can no longer hold out hope that it can be mended.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 08-30-13 03:51 AM
In response to GMFTS

End if summer?? I'm still waiting for the beginning... I know we had a few hot days, but it sure was short.

Mary you vacation sounds like fun.

Yes Krista you are "cool" for giving up your room.

Hello lo lo lo ...everyone else. Cause I've been around so much.

We've been doing work on our house, we kinda let it go when we thought we were moving a few years back. Replaced some siding, got some grass growing in places it hadn't grown before, paved the driveway...etc.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-09-13 12:10 PM
In response to KimKV

Yup there is an echo in here...

I guess we are all busy aren't we?

I get on here every day but end up doing admin on challenges and then trying to keep up with love and that's about it for time.

Went to a local arts festival on Saturday - perfect weather, great stuff and in a cool historic neighborhood. I found an end table that totally suits me after looking for a very long time.

Yesterday I scrapped and got one lo done. This morning before work I even started another one!

What is everyone else up to?

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to GMFTS

Hey all!!! Just getting back into the routine of school. Kids started on the 4th. I think we are all settling in well. Did some projects last week. There's a photo in my gallery.

I haven't scrapbooked in months, but I did play with paper yesterday. I had an old report cover (from Cody's old school stuff) that I want to use for my work notes, but it was bright orange, had spaceships and rockets all over it, and his name in a few spots, and a few different labels of various classes it had been used for over the last few years. So, I recovered it. Looks much better now. I used some very pretty vintage looking butterfly papers. Will have to post a picture later.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KristaDee

Hellooooooo!

I just wanted to pop in and say Hi!
School started at the end of August with non stop meetings and activities. The beginning of school in a parent participation is nuts!
This in addition to the business getting really busy on the commercial side and a baby, I am a little nuts.

How is everyone else doing with the fall season upon us?

Xach is starting to smile more and more not to mention I put him down for tummy time and he is moving across the blanket. What is up with that? He is suppose to just lay there and work on getting his head up, instead he is using it to help him move. I am not ready for a crawling baby, I should have more time! Someone played a trick on me and sent me the busy baby!

I did manage to get some scrapping done before he was born and finally uploaded a couple layouts. I think I am going to use my camera phone more since layouts are getting put on pinterest. I am not sure how I feel about that considering the journaling aspect of it. A picture that is not the best quality may be a good answer. What are all you thinking about the new pinterest option on here?

Hope all of you are doing well.

Here is a picture of Xach from yesterday using his new smile skills. ( I know typical new Mom)

Happy 2 month old By Jaxxan

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to jaxxan

Hi Jill!!!

We are enjoying our back to school routine. It's nice to have a schedule again. Weather wise, we have fall in the late evenings, and mornings and summer in the afternoons. Still getting pretty warm here, but I don't mind. I'd rather have the heat than the snow I know is coming.

I want to start scrapbooking again, but my craftroom/office is a disaster zone, so it needs a good purge first. I think that's what will be happening tomorrow.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KristaDee

HI Krista,

Thanks for the lovely comment you left on Xach's picture.

It is nice to have a schedule and some quiet with thwm in school.

I so hear you about craft areas being a disaster. I donated about 2.5 feet of paper to my son's teacher last spring. It made a tremendous difference in space but also the guilt I was carrying around.
Now I am excited to get going as I like the papers I have and its easier now that everything is coordinated. I have even begun to make cards.

Good luck on your purging, if we don't hear from you in a couple days we will send in a search party.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to jaxxan

might need that search team, there's lots of "junk" in here to purge out.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-14-13 03:52 AM
In response to KristaDee

Hi ladies!

I've been under the weather for the past couple of weeks. May be going to the after hours clinic today, really sick of it!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KimKV

Kim - hope you start getting better soon. Feeling sick for so long sure isn't fun.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-15-13 11:26 AM
In response to KristaDee

Thanks Krista.

Went the after hours clinic yesterday. He saidI either have C. Difficle Colitis or Salmonella. Test came back yesterday no colitis, won't know about the other for sure until tomorrow. We ate a local BBQ place the Friday of Memorial Day weekend and I had Turkey, so maybe I got it there,

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KimKV

oh yucky.... sure hope you get some answers soon, and then can start working on getting better.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-16-13 04:42 AM
In response to KristaDee

I'm on 2 different antibiotics, so hopefully one of them will kill whatever the heck it is. I've had more days on liquid only and/or the BRAT diet then I have had eating real food. I am so hungry and have little or no energy. Chicken broth and rice have little or no nutritional value!! Going to try to eat today. My house is a mess, Scott vacuumed some yesterday just to help me relax about the house a little.

I've lost three pounds, which I was trying to loose a little, but not this way!!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KimKV

icky.... I hate being sick. Sure hope the antibiotics kick in soon.

I scrapbooked yesterday!!! Got 4 pages done. Ran out of photos and photo tape. So this week I will print the next few months of photos, and get some more tape, and then hopefully on the weekend, I can do more.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KristaDee

Hello!

Kim that sounds awful! I hope you are now on the mend and able to eat better. Did your puppy try to make you feel better?

Krista I am so excited to see new layouts from you. I ned to go visit your gallery. I did enjoy the latest pictures especially the colorful tree.

I am envious of the places in the world that get a true fall show. We get a little but not like the middle or east coast parts of the country/continent.

I am thinking of starting a blog about Olive's antics, I know you both have one, any advice? Where do you get the cool backgrounds?

Anyone doing any challenges this month?

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to jaxxan

Jill - guess if you want to see my pages, I should upload them! LOL Will have to do that this week yet.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-26-13 04:16 AM
In response to KristaDee

Hello,

Much better now. This month has really sucked for me. Sick for over three weeks of it, female stuff being a pain.

Karlie had some blookwork done and it came back positive for Anaplasma, some tick related things. So now she is on antibiotics!

Got a couple of other things/changes with the family that are just hanging around waiting to see what happens. Hoping the our plans and God's plan are the same.

I don't know when the last time was I even thought about scrapping!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KimKV

Yes Krista it would be helpful if you uploaded the layouts. I have a good imagination but not that good.

Happy October Kim, Hopefully all the yuckies stay in September.
I am glad your feeling better. How is Karlie doing?
In the family do you mean just the family of the three of you or is it to do with extended family. Whatever it is, I hope it works out how you want it.

I just wanted to pop in to say hi and see how all of you were doing. Today is my first day working in the classroom for this year. I am happy I got the math shift as they are changing how they do it this year, but not happy about the timing of the shift!

Its harder now that we have a newborn. I am not looking forward to pre-school where you drop them off and pretty much turn around to pick them up. Hard to think my oldest will be graduating from High school when Xach enters Kindergarten. Talk about starting over.

Well I digress. Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to jaxxan

Jill - I will get those pages uploaded today! LOL

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KristaDee

Jill, and others.

Here's what I've scrapbooked. There's 5 layouts, but it's all in one "project"

Family Album 2007 By KristaDee

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-01-13 10:06 AM
In response to KristaDee

Yeah!!! Someone scrapped and shared!! I actually did a page yesterday, but I'm claiming today for challenges. Shhh, don't tell

Wow Jill, that is certainly starting over! But that's ok. By the time Xach is in high school, you will be will trained on all the tricks and mischief them boy get into.

Family stuff just the three of us. DJ is trying to decide if he still really wants to go into the military or go to school. It's been a year since we started all the stuff to get him cleared to go. Him and Scott went to the recruiters yesterday, he is going to go ahead and go get the military physical, then the findings will have to go to the surgeon general again because of the medical waiver. That will probably buy him a month or so.

Then hopefully we will know about something else that we are hoping to happen. But we are keeping that hush hush for know. But if it happens it will be good!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KimKV

I got almost 100 photos printed out. We will see how much I get accomplished this weekend. The Hubs and I are off to a "geek party" for the weekend. (It's like a football/hockey game party but for geeks!) LOL.... My DH, and 3 other friends play the same online game, and that online game has teams of "pro" players, so they get all those teams together, and have games, then they have semi-finals (last weekend), and then the FINALS! (This weekend) So the guys are watching the game, and us ladies will be doing manicures, scrapbooking, maybe head to the spa.... lots of fun girl stuff. I'm really looking forward to it, as we're ditching the kids with DH's parents. It's a bit of a drive for us, and would have meant the kids miss 2 days of school, and I didn't want them to do that. So they get to stay home. So we will be kid free from Thursday evening - Monday evening when we get home.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KristaDee

Krista I left some love on your layouts. The boys are so cute and you really captured some wonderful moments.
This weekend sounds like fun. Looking forward to seeing what you get done.

HI Kim, I am soooo curious now what your other news is now. I am wondering is she moving again? Did they win the lottery?
Sounds like DJ has some big decisions to make, will be interested to hear what he decides.

I am so glad the weekend is almost here.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to jaxxan

Thanks for the love Jill and Kim.

We are looking forward to this weekend away.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-03-13 01:01 PM
In response to KristaDee

I bet you are Krista!

Well, Jill, we didn't win the lottery.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KimKV

Didn't get a single page scrapbooked this weekend, but we sure had fun.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-08-13 10:31 AM
In response to KristaDee

Now did you really think you would!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KimKV

That's what my Hubs asked too! Next time I will just leave the scrapbooking stuff at home. At least I'm ready to scrap here in the evenings.

Page 48 of 48 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics