Page 2 of 48 
Username Post: JAFF (Just A Few Friends)        (Topic#1515743)
pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to KimKV

Hi Cheryl!
Has your daughter left yet?

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-21-09 09:02 AM
In response to pollywog

Hello girls, taking a quick lunch break and then back to scrapping. Finally finished that pagemap page I started yesterday. Seriously, who take 4 hours to do a pagemap layout!!! I think all these darn toys we buy, Sillhouette, Cricut, Slice, Sizzix actually slow us down!!! I know I was faster when I just used stickers!!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
Hello girls, taking a quick lunch break and then back to scrapping. Finally finished that pagemap page I started yesterday. Seriously, who take 4 hours to do a pagemap layout!!! I think all these darn toys we buy, Sillhouette, Cricut, Slice, Sizzix actually slow us down!!! I know I was faster when I just used stickers!!

Me! LOL. Sometime it takes me longer, because I have to look at the map and figure out exactly which papers I then have, and if I have enough of that kind, and then does it all work together..........

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-21-09 10:29 AM
In response to pollywog

• pollywog Said:
  • gramary Said:
They are now carrying Graphic 45 which I have been trying not to buy online for months but it was there and it just jumped into my cart. What could I do?

How could you resist, then?! I think I might hv to use that line the next time my boyfriend sees that I bought something!

Exactly - it really is no different than having a puppy follow you home... but requires much less care!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-21-09 10:30 AM
In response to KristaDee

• KristaDee Said:
  • KimKV Said:

Me! LOL. Sometime it takes me longer, because I have to look at the map and figure out exactly which papers I then have, and if I have enough of that kind, and then does it all work together..........

ME too! I swear they take me longer... so I don't use those too often...

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to GMFTS

• gramary Said:
  • pollywog Said:
  • gramary Said:
They are now carrying Graphic 45 which I have been trying not to buy online for months but it was there and it just jumped into my cart. What could I do?

How could you resist, then?! I think I might hv to use that line the next time my boyfriend sees that I bought something!

Exactly - it really is no different than having a puppy follow you home... but requires much less care!

You know, we talked about this last week....he was getting upset because I keep buying things at really good prices. He said, "I just wish that you would use everything you have before you buy more...."
I said, "Hey, you can't play all your video games at the same time, right?!"
That shut him up really fast....

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-21-09 12:26 PM
In response to pollywog

good comeback!
and who is he kidding - use up all your stuff? that is the first sin to avoid! you never know when you might get called on to make a 300 page album overnight and need the supplies to do it!

scrapbookers are good scouts - always prepared

vmachef ANGELA
Mayor
vmachef ANGELA
In response to GMFTS

HI ALL HOPPING YOU ARE HAVING A HAPPY MONDAY!!! JUST GOT BACK FROM WORK. DID NOT HAVE TIME TO SCRAP THIS WEEKEND WELL I WILL DO IT THIS COMING WEEKEND.

HUGS ALL ANGELA

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-21-09 03:50 PM
In response to vmachef ANGELA

LOOK!!! Here is that four hour PageMap!!

Hangin' Out
By KimKV

And one more for today.

Almost No Where
By KimKV

I actually got two more almost finished. But I decided to use that Diamond glaze on the black snowflakes, they look REALLY cool, but now I have to glaze the flourishes too!!! I figure I should be ale to finish them up in three hours - LOL

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-21-09 03:51 PM
In response to vmachef ANGELA

• vmachef ANGELA Said:
HI ALL HOPPING YOU ARE HAVING A HAPPY MONDAY!!! JUST GOT BACK FROM WORK. DID NOT HAVE TIME TO SCRAP THIS WEEKEND WELL I WILL DO IT THIS COMING WEEKEND.

HUGS ALL ANGELA

Hi ya Angela!!! Sorry you didn't get to scrap over the weekend.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-21-09 04:08 PM
In response to KimKV

I have a game for us to play

This was actually a thread started by someone else here. I thought we could learn a little more about each other with it.

Here it is, finish these sentences:

If you really knew me, you would know I like to___.
If you really knew me, you would know I don't like to___.

Here are mine:

If you really knew me, you would know I like to heat my coffee cup in the microwave before my first cup of coffee in the morning.

If you really knew me, you would know I don't like to get wet grass on my feet.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KimKV

If you really knew me, you would know that I like to read in the tub.

If you really knew me, you would know that I don't like winter. (and yes, I know - I live in the wrong part of the country - we have winter 5-6 months of the year)

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-22-09 03:16 AM
In response to KristaDee

That's why we don't like winter, because it's the longest season of the year. Summer was only 2 weeks this year, I swear!!!

Edited by KimKV on 09-22-09 03:17 AM. Reason for edit: Because the sentence "Summer was one 2 weeks this year, didn't make any sense - :-o

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to GMFTS

• gramary Said:
good comeback!
and who is he kidding - use up all your stuff? that is the first sin to avoid! you never know when you might get called on to make a 300 page album overnight and need the supplies to do it!

scrapbookers are good scouts - always prepared

Exactly! You just never know! It's always better to be prepared for the unexpected!

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to pollywog

If you really knew me, you would know that I like hoodies and wear them all the time (even when it's 90 degrees out!).

If you really knew me, you would know that I don't like Christmas shopping. It's such a pain in the rear!

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to pollywog

Seriously, one can never have to much patterned paper!!!
If you really knew me, you would know I like to go to the movies all by myself.
If you really knew me, you would know I don't like to talk on the phone.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 09-22-09 05:39 AM
In response to GinnyHughes

I am liking the answers so far!
*If you really knew me, you would know that I love to go blues traveling in the delta.

*If you really knew me, you would know that I don't like LITTER ...its a sign of laziness & disregard.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 09-22-09 05:42 AM
In response to Foamy

Got my G45 Christmas Past paper from SB.com yesterday. Ohhhh it is beautiful! It was backordered for quite a bit & finally came in. I think that is the first paper I have purchased in over a year, oh wait...second, I puchased the Marakech when it came out.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 09-22-09 05:45 AM
In response to kzookeeper

• kzookeeper Said:
Hi everyone - JCI!

Hope you all had a great weekend - it's rained here most of yesterday and today - UGH! I didn't get to do any scrapping (except Fri night at the crop) - time just got away from me - been running around all weekend (taking my mother to the hairdresser and buying groceries, etc., etc., etc.) and can't see a thing I've really accomplished!!!! Ever feel that way??? Oh well, there's always next week......

Dani, welcome to the group and congrats on the baby!

Kim, sounds like ya'll had fun out on the boat - glad your dh got it up and running!

Oh Betty I can completey relate to never feeling accomplished. I make list's & then list of lists to do!! I finally have gotten to a point of "oh well" ... until I look at the list LOL

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to Foamy

I get that way too....then I say, "I will get it done when I can..." and that makes me feel better about it. I don't have a deadline on cleaning the toilets, so it's ok if they don't get cleaned right away....unless we have company coming over!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-22-09 07:24 AM
In response to pollywog

If you really knew me you would know that I like to get up to watch the sunrise on a June morning...

If you really knew me you would know that I don't like authority.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-22-09 08:07 AM
In response to GMFTS

Great answer and I can relate to a lot of them too!!

Speaking of cleaning toilets, I'm doing a little housework this morning. I used to be one of those emaculate headcases that had to have the "perfectly' clean house - especially my kitchen. The kitchen still has to be pretty clean before I go to bed. But, now I figure as long as it doesn't bother my dh, it can't be THAT bad!!

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to KimKV

Oh trust me....no amount of clutter would bother my boyfriend any....
I am exactly the same way when it comes to a clean place though....my scraproom is the cleanest room in the apartment, because if that area is cluttered, then I can't get inspired!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-22-09 09:37 AM
In response to pollywog

every year I care less and less about housework - which is really good because I see less and less well.. so everything looks pretty clean to me!

mojosmaddy
Guru
mojosmaddy
In response to pollywog

Hi everyone! Checking in. Got sent home from work...my boss was tired of hearing me cough....it's only been going on for a week now and even though I have meds for it, I'm not healing fast enough for her No skin off my nose.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-22-09 09:40 AM
In response to mojosmaddy

Hi Kristi!

mojosmaddy
Guru
mojosmaddy
In response to GMFTS

Hi Mary!

mojosmaddy
Guru
mojosmaddy

Ok, so I have been hearing about this diamond glaze stuff. Where the heck do you find it? I went to J's this weekend, but of course they didn't carry it or even know what it was. However, my J's isn't very up on the scrapping trends.

I just googled it and came across a link to get a free sample of it. Not sure if we are allowed to post that stuff in here, so I will share the link via PM if that is ok with everyone.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-22-09 12:24 PM

I think you can get it at Michaels... I love the stuff ... send me the pm please.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-22-09 05:42 PM

• mojosmaddy Said:
Ok, so I have been hearing about this diamond glaze stuff. Where the heck do you find it? I went to J's this weekend, but of course they didn't carry it or even know what it was. However, my J's isn't very up on the scrapping trends.

I just googled it and came across a link to get a free sample of it. Not sure if we are allowed to post that stuff in here, so I will share the link via PM if that is ok with everyone.

Oh that Diamond Glaze aka Glossy Accents (found at Micheals) is a bad, bad thing.

Here is a close up of what I did with it.

Close up By KimKV

And probably my last two layouts for the week!!

No title By KimKV

Signs By KimKV

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-22-09 05:44 PM
In response to KimKV

Oh I keep my scraproom spotless and it's easy because no one is allowed to out their cr^p in that room!!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-22-09 05:52 PM
In response to KimKV

Okay Ginny....is this better??

Mess?? By KimKV

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KimKV

Kim, you are so sweet to be supportive and share what you call a mess. That still looks neat to me. I can't even get a vacuum into mine, there is too many large scraps I need to pick up.

mojosmaddy
Guru
mojosmaddy
In response to jaxxan

Kim, LOVING what you did with the diamond glaze! My eyes are glazing over...I MUST get some!!!!!

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 09-22-09 06:19 PM

ok this is the stalker just checking in!! hahaha

lets see

if you knew me you would know that I stalk kim everywhere!!

if you knew me you would know that I dont like to not be stalking kim!!

hahahahaha!

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 09-22-09 06:21 PM
In response to zrock

ok you guys who know me know I am just kidding around and that I am not really a part of this group but I will be checking in and causing trouble dont really know how not to stalk kim!

ps..

if you knew me you would know that I love absolutely love--chocolate, bud light lime --really any alcohol and vampires!! hehe

and if youknew me you would know that I dont like cleaning at all!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to zrock

Always good to hear from you Zandra!

Kim, your question has had me thinking all day!

I think I will go with.......
if you really knew me you would know I always want to help people.
If you really know me then you would know that I don't like my intelligence being underestimated. Particularly, when based on my gender, outward appearance or by the fact that someone calls me Mom!

No I don't have construction going on at my house..... The worst part is we are in the business!!!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-23-09 03:05 AM
In response to jaxxan

Jill, did someone make you mad regarding the construction? And did they make some dumb*** comment about getting the man's opinion??

Kristi - Be careful, that Glaze stuff is addictive! Now, I'm thining I should revisit stickles!! I cut the snowflakes with my silhouette. I was trying to may all the pages from that trip using only the slice, but I didn't have any snowflakes. But almost everything else was done with the Travel USA cart, the one I didn't htink I would use much!! Imagine that.

Oh Zandra - I think your first round of answers were quit accurate!! Love ya my friend!!

Speaking of the answers, I think I will add them to our front page..Yes???

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 09-23-09 04:25 AM
In response to KimKV

Kim love whatcha did with the diamond glaze!

Question for everybody
Do you have a die cut machine & if so which one & how do you like it?

I have a Sizzix Big Shot... old hand cranked kind & am happy as can be about it.

afdani1984
Expert
afdani1984
In response to pollywog

Just wanted to pop in and say thank you for all the congrats about the new baby. I got the official word from the OB clinic Monday, finally, after they made me wait through the weekend, that I am really and truely pregnant I knew..hubby knew, but there's something about having that medical certainty. I had my first set of prenatal bloodwork and all that done yesterday, and since no one has called me I'm assuming that means everything is good. Hope everyone is well!

If you really knew me, you would know I like to play the air drums on my steering wheel

If you really knew me, you would know I don't like and am terrified of clowns.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 09-23-09 07:07 AM
In response to afdani1984

• afdani1984 Said:
Just wanted to pop in and say thank you for all the congrats about the new baby. I got the official word from the OB clinic Monday, finally, after they made me wait through the weekend, that I am really and truely pregnant I knew..hubby knew, but there's something about having that medical certainty. I had my first set of prenatal bloodwork and all that done yesterday, and since no one has called me I'm assuming that means everything is good. Hope everyone is well!

If you really knew me, you would know I like to play the air drums on my steering wheel

If you really knew me, you would know I don't like and am terrified of clowns.

Awesome! I know how the "official" word just makes it that much more real! Fantastic!

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to Foamy

Good morning ladies! I am back from vacation!! We had a wonderful time, but I wish it never ended. Back to the ole grindstone today. Yuck! I will have some layouts and cards to share this weekend. I hope you are all having a great day!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to imbayliesmom

Good Morning all

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-23-09 08:18 AM
In response to KristaDee

you know i wanted to join this group because I am slllllllllllllllllloooooo ooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww wwwww?
and then our leader posts gazillions of los in just a few days?? sheesh !

Hey Kim - I used to live in the Northeast Kingdom of VT and those pix look like what I used to face every day in winter... my first year there the first snowflakes hit Sept. 19Th!

That Christmas my dd and ds and I spent 1/2 of our Christmas break in bed watching movies...we'd throw our coats on over our pjs... head to the Video store 5 miles away and pick out more... head home and jump back in bed - it was sooooooooo cold and there was so much snow ....
The funny thing is how often we talk about that week! and laugh...

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-23-09 08:20 AM
In response to GMFTS

Lynn you asked about diecutting machines: I have a Squeeze, 2 Revolutions and a brand new Epic 6 (had it just a week)... can you tell I am a QK girl.
I love them and am super happy that with the new machine I can use Sizzix dies and cut chipboard!
Yahooo!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-23-09 08:21 AM
In response to GMFTS

Dani - now begin the longest/shortest 9 months of your life!

HI Meg! where did you go?

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

congrats on the baby and the confirmation Danielle. Did they give you an "official" due date? That is so exciting.

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to jaxxan

We went to the lake-rented a cabin-it was amazing! So relaxing, I didn't want to come back to work today. Ughhh.

Congrats on the baby! How exciting!!!

mojosmaddy
Guru
mojosmaddy

For Die Cutting Machines I have
Cricut lil bug-wish I had the expressions though
Big Shot Express-I mainly use that for embossing

I do love both my machines and use them both often!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KimKV

• Quote:
Jill, did someone make you mad regarding the construction? And did they make some dumb*** comment about getting the man's opinion??

There are two things going on here...1. I am in the construction business so I am appalled at guys who don't know what they are talking about but come across in a way that makes people not question them. It was tried on me by this guy but he picked the wrong the person to try to pull this on.

2. I am just tired of being underestimated. I have business contacts that only talk about kids with me. When I try to change the subject back to business they still won't engage.

It is not just construction, it is the mechanic, the bank, new insurance agents, the salesperson at the fixture store etc.

Although I do have to say that I relish the look on people's faces when they realize they underestimated me! I swear give idiots a chance to talk enough and it is just becomes sport tripping them up on their words.

thanks for letting me rant! Back to scrapping and happy thoughts!

afdani1984
Expert
afdani1984
In response to jaxxan

• jaxxan Said:
congrats on the baby and the confirmation Danielle. Did they give you an "official" due date? That is so exciting.

Right now they are calculating if off LMP which was 22 Aug, so right now my EDD is 29 May 2010. I will have my dating/viability scan in November so I expect once that happens it may change a little.

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to jaxxan

Hello lovely ladies!

Dani, official congratulations! How exciting!!

Lynn, you asked what die-cutting systems we have. I use the Cuttlebug and the QK Revolution. I really want an electronic machine, but I've held off so far. All my scrapping buddies have Expressions, so I buy mats and they share their 'bugs with me!

Hmmmmmmm.....
If you really knew me, you would know I like to be barefoot all the time. Even in the winter, I walk around the house barefoot - no socks! I take my shoes off immediately when I come home. I even take my shoes off in church or at the movies!

If you really knew me, you would know I don't like tomatoes, but I love tomato soup and tomato sauces!

Have a great day, everybody!

Karen

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-23-09 11:59 AM

OMGosh!! I play the drums on my steering wheel too!!! Now, how many people do that?!

Oh Lynn, I have the Bigkick too - Love it, the Side Kick - Like it fine, the Slice - Totally LOVE it!! The Silhouette - Totally love it too!!! Oh yeah and that old fashion handle QK - Hate it!!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-23-09 12:18 PM
In response to KimKV

LOL!! Karen, you almost quoted my exact answer on the other thread about being barefoot!!! It was so nice out today, My feet got to in flip flops and next to nothing that's their favorite!!

Okay, tonight I'm going to go through and collect our answers and put them on the front page. Then we can really see how a like or different we all are!!

But, but, Mary, I'm probably done for the week.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-23-09 12:26 PM
In response to KimKV

And Jill, DON'T GET me started on men that treat women like the no nothing!!

And DON'T get me started on car salesmen either!!! One time we went to buy ME a vehicle and the moron kept talking to my husband. Finally my husband says to him, why do you kept asking me? We told you this is HER car! Anyway, just don't get me started!!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-23-09 12:45 PM
In response to kanary

• kanary Said:
Hello lovely ladies!

Dani, official congratulations! How exciting!!

Lynn, you asked what die-cutting systems we have. I use the Cuttlebug and the QK Revolution. I really want an electronic machine, but I've held off so far. All my scrapping buddies have Expressions, so I buy mats and they share their 'bugs with me!

Hmmmmmmm.....
If you really knew me, you would know I like to be barefoot all the time. Even in the winter, I walk around the house barefoot - no socks! I take my shoes off immediately when I come home. I even take my shoes off in church or at the movies!

If you really knew me, you would know I don't like tomatoes, but I love tomato soup and tomato sauces!

Have a great day, everybody!

Karen

My feet and your feet could be related!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-23-09 12:47 PM
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
OMGosh!! I play the drums on my steering wheel too!!! Now, how many people do that?!
you mean steering wheels aren't percussion instruments?? dang!
Oh Lynn, I have the Bigkick too - Love it, the Side Kick - Like it fine, the Slice - Totally LOVE it!! The Silhouette - Totally love it too!!! Oh yeah and that old fashion handle QK - Hate it!!!
I just had to talk a friend out of buying one of those earlier today!

oh -

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to GMFTS

To answer Lyn's question I have the expression! I love it!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KimKV

• Quote:
In response to KimKV

And Jill, DON'T GET me started on men that treat women like the no nothing!!

And DON'T get me started on car salesmen either!!! One time we went to buy ME a vehicle and the moron kept talking to my husband. Finally my husband says to him, why do you kept asking me? We told you this is HER car! Anyway, just don't get me started!!

You know it isn't just men, The business contacts are women, even more upsetting.
The car slaesmen in our area have wised up and now pay so much attention to the wife that my husband actually felt the discrimination when we bought our last car.

People judge by the way you dress, your size, your looks etc. It has always annoyed me that somehow intelligence is tied to those things.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-23-09 03:36 PM
In response to jaxxan

Oh I have an even bigger dilike for women that sell cars,they do treat you like the are one up on you.

But you are right, sometimes people think that just because the work in a certain field and you don't you could not possibly know what they know. And you're right about the appearance thing too!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-23-09 05:21 PM
In response to KimKV

Okay, I put the If you really knew me answers on the first post. Well the once that have answered so far.

If you missed it, I posted this a few pages ago.

Finish these sentences:

If you really knew me, you would know I like to...

If you really knew me, you would know I don't like to ...

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-23-09 06:03 PM
In response to KimKV

Danielle have you seen these stickers!?
Products Referenced in This Post:

kzookeeper
Queen
kzookeeper
In response to KimKV

WOW!!! I thought I was only off for a day, but you girls have really been chatting it up! Kim, love all the new layouts, uh, what happened to one a week????? LOL!

Actually, I now have a couple to post. I did a little scrapping this afternoon and finished a layout with Cosmo's Mr. Campy line - so much fun!

Let's see, hmmm.........

If you really knew me, you would know that I like to watch movies with my kids. Even now that they're all grown up, I love when we get an opportunity to sit down together and watch a movie.

If you really knew me, you would know that I don't like it when people put down stay-at-home mothers. I've done both - worked and stayed at home. Staying at home was definitely the toughest, but most rewarding! Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Lynn, you asked what cutting systems we own.... well, I personally own my very own pair of scissors - ROFL!!!! Sarah, however, owns a Cricut that her darling aunt bought for her (and since she stills lives here - she lets me use it, when I'm good! LOL!) Anyhow, I'm just not really into the electronic cutters - I'm old-fashioned and I enjoy cutting by hand. So, most of my stuff is cut by hand. Plus, I kind of have this annoying habit (left over from my days of sewing handmade clothing for children) - I can't stand to waste paper (fabric) and you can cut so much more from a smaller piece if you're doing it by hand! Or, maybe I'm just cheap.

Hope you're all doing well, be checking in again soon. Betty

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-24-09 03:22 AM
In response to kzookeeper

Betty love your if you know me answers!! I'm a stay at home to a 17 year old and I often feel as though I have to justify myself. Why?? And truthfully, I stay at home as a mom so much now as I stay at home because I can!! I want to!! I'm not, never have been and never will be a career driven woman. I have no issues with those that are, but I'm not. Now when hubby was military, or I worked outside the home, had to. Did you know that over half the families in the Military quilify for WIC, Food Stamps or some other form of aid? How sad is that the people tht protect our country get paid so little.

Okay - don't know where THAT came from!!! I think I just pushed Betty of the soapbox.

Anywho....Yeah I had a good week for scrapping, of course they were pretty simple pages and I was really getting tired of scrapping that little get away!!

Edited by KimKV on 09-24-09 03:22 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KimKV

Don't get me started on the whole "so, you're a housewife, I guess you don't work outside the home" catagory of people.... LOL. Lately, I've been telling people(telemarketers, and others...) that I'm a Domestic Engineer. Always makes them pause and think. When they ask about pay - I tell them that the rewards are priceless. When they want a more detailed job description - I say - chef, nurse, chauffeur, nanny, maid, Housekeeper, maintenance, landscaper, coach, tutor........ then they still pause, wait a bit and say "oh".

Always makes me laugh.

Edited by KristaDee on 09-24-09 05:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to KimKV

Hi ladies!
I haven't been on here in a day and there was so much to catch up on!
Lynn, I also have a Slice and LOVE it! That's the only die-cutter that I have.
Still haven't had time to scrap this week. Maybe tonight?? I hope so....seems like everything is last minute and I never feel like accomplishing anything!
Dani- congrats on the official news! So happy for you!!!

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to pollywog

Chatty bunch!! Loads to catch up on.
I also have the Slice and I LOVE it. I never thought I would buy a cutting machine, but I broke down and got one.
Danielle, congrats on the "official" news. Even with my 4th pregnancy I still wanted the positive result from my doctor!
Betty, can't wait to the lo with the Mr. Campy line. I adore those papers, I really have been wanting those!
Sorry if I missed anything else!!

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to KristaDee

• KristaDee Said:
Don't get me started on the whole "so, you're a housewife, I guess you don't work outside the home" catagory of people.... LOL. Lately, I've been telling people(telemarketers, and others...) that I'm a Domestic Engineer. Always makes them pause and think. When they ask about pay - I tell them that the rewards are priceless. When they want a more detailed job description - I say - chef, nurse, chauffeur, nanny, maid, Housekeeper, maintenance, landscaper, coach, tutor........ then they still pause, wait a bit and say "oh".

Always makes me laugh.

Thats funny! And it's totally true! I'm not a SAHM, but I know people who are, and I know it can be tough!

Edited by pollywog on 09-24-09 07:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-24-09 08:57 AM
In response to pollywog

re:SAHM - I want to be one... or more like a SAHGM...I would love to be available for my kids and grandkids all the time...but unfortunately I can't.
When my kids were very little I worked nights so that we didn't have to find sitters... no day care available in that time and place...
when they went to school I was able to work days but then I became a single mom with an ex-dh who didn't think paying support was a rule not a suggestion...
I had one unemployed summer when they were 8 & 9 and that was the best time! I absolutely loved it!

I am glad that my dd can be a SAHM. My other grandkids have divorced parents both in the military who travel A LOT and that is very difficult for all of them but those kids are just as happy and well adjusted as the others so who is to say?
I don't think that on this issue as on many many others that there is only one right answer - I'm just thankful that as a society we are more open to all the possibilities.

hmmmm... Kim? my turn on the soapbox!

Edited by gramary on 09-24-09 09:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-24-09 11:48 AM
In response to GMFTS

Ouch! I just got bumped of the soapbox!! I think Krista might have gotten her toe up there too! Look what you started Betty!!

We are chatty lot aren't we? I think it's great!!

Oh Ginny I saw you comment on my newest mess attempt. I'm trying. I have a problem with my space though. The cubes that at in the corner of the L - I keep kicking them!! I can't push them back much further either.

I like Domestic Goddess!!!

Hollie - come one girl scrap us a page!!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KimKV

Didn't mean to get on the soapbox. LOL

On the reverse side of the negative comments - DH and I were in the bank the other day working in some financial stuff and the Man who was helping us - commented on how I didn't qualify for coverage for something because I didn't "work". Then he said, that was so not fair, because SAHM's (and all Mom's in general) work so hard, probably much harder than Men. It was nice to hear the compliment.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-25-09 03:36 AM
In response to KristaDee

Ah heck Krista - we gotta really big soapbox here! And that was really nice of that man to say that. I think in general, there are more people out there that don't really have an opinion on working outside or not moms than people that do. But, just like bad food at a restaurant, that gets talked about more then the good food!!

Oh boy, I just turned the conversation to food!!!

Kitty_wOlf
Guru
Kitty_wOlf
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
JAFF (Just A Few Friends) is a group of “slow” scrappers, created by a slow scrapper. We are scrappers that are happy when we get 2 to 4 pages done a week. We are overjoyed if we get 6 pages done in a week and unbelievably thrilled with anything above that. And sometimes, we don't even get to scrap each week - gasp!! I know, it's just not fair.

Our Rules:

1. Have fun, share, visit and post your layouts whenever you get them done.
2. Try to check in at least three (3) times a week, even if it’s just a quick “Hi, how is everyone?”
3. Leave each other love on layouts. If anyone asks for help or a critique on a page, please either post that critique here or pm them. (Helping each other is what friends do.)
4. No challenges, if we (as a group) decide we want to have a monthly challenge or something, then we will.
5. No flooding the thread!! Unless of course you have this crazy burst of energy and/or time and get 30 layouts done all at once. I can’t speak for the other JAFF girls, but, that’s never going to happen with me!!

Okay, enough rules. Let’s have some fun!!

Members of JAFF

KimKV (Kim)
Foamy (Lynn)
Cheryljunegirl (Cheryl)
LaurenBiz (Lauren)
Imbayliesmom (Meg)
K Zookeeper (Betty)
Vma Chef (Angela)
Sarah_Liz (Sarah)
Mojosmaddy (Kristi)
2girls2dogs (Ginny)
Pollywog84 (Dani)
Jaxxan (Jill)
KristaDee (Krista)
gramary (Mary)
kanary (Karen)
Andrea (Rissen)

If you really know me you would know I like to....

If you really know me you would know I don't like to....

KimKV
You would know I like to heat my coffee cup in the microwave before my first cup of coffee in the morning.
You would know I don't like to get wet grass on my feet.

Krista
You would know that I like to read in the tub.
You would know that I don't like winter. (and yes, I know - I live in the wrong part of the country - we have winter 5-6 months of the year)

Hollie
You would know that I like hoodies and wear them all the time (even when it's 90 degrees out!).
You would know that I don't like Christmas shopping. It's such a pain in the rear!

Ginny
You would know I like to go to the movies all by myself.
You would know I don't like to talk on the phone.

Lynn
You would know that I love to go blues traveling in the delta.
You would know that I don't like LITTER ...its a sign of laziness & disregard.

Mary
You would know that I like to get up to watch the sunrise on a June morning...
You would know that I don't like authority.

Jill
You would know I always want to help people.
You would know that I don't like to have my intelligence being underestimated. Particularly, when based on my gender, outward appearance or by the fact that someone calls me Mom!

Danielle
You would know I like to play the air drums on my steering wheel
You would know I don't like and am terrified of clowns.

Karen
You would know I like to be barefoot all the time. Even in the winter, I walk around the house barefoot - no socks! I take my shoes off immediately when I come home. I even take my shoes off in church or at the movies!
You would know I don't like tomatoes, but I love tomato soup and tomato sauces!

Betty
You would know that I like to watch movies with my kids. Even now that they're all grown up, I love when we get an opportunity to sit down together and watch a movie.

You would know that I don't like it when people put down stay-at-home mothers. I've done both - worked and stayed at home. Staying at home was definitely the toughest, but most rewarding! Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now.

I was just reading what the group is all about... i don't know... it seems to me that most scrappers get no more then 4-5 pages a week... to me that sound's like a lot!!! 4 pages a week is over 200 a year!!!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-25-09 04:43 AM
In response to Kitty_wOlf

Okay, well thanks for you imput...I think??

And for the record. There are people on here that do 50 pages a month. Some of them are in an other group I host. But, we are fine in that group and like it just the way it is.

Edited by KimKV on 09-25-09 04:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:

I like Domestic Goddess!!!

Hollie - come one girl scrap us a page!!

I plan on scrapping one tonight!
I have been working on my step-mom's album, so I have been doing pages, but I was going to post those when the album is finished....
I will get one up here this weekend!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-25-09 07:22 AM
In response to pollywog

have a lovely weekend ladies... I am heading to the Cape and plan on having a fabulous time!

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to GMFTS

Hope you have an awesome time!!! Take lots of pictures!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-25-09 08:21 AM
In response to pollywog

Have a great weekend at The Cape!!! I think we're going to try to take our boat out one more time before winterizing it!!

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to KimKV

Hello all you Chatty Cathies!

I've really enjoyed reading everyone's "if you really knew me" answers!

Here is a LO I completed the other night, and as I wrote in the description, it is some kind of record for me! Start to finish, it took me under an hour to do!! I KNOW!!! Aren't you proud of me? This album is a tough one for me because she requested that I keep the pages flat, no thick embellies. Talk about stifling my creativity!

No trips to The Cape for me, or even trips to the lake...you ladies have a blast! I will be scrapping all day with a friend tomorrow. The air show is in town too. My nephew is an F-16 pilot in the USAF, so we are really looking forward to seeing one up close! The Blue Angels are also here this time. Our local airport is very small and we live close enough that we can put chairs on the lawn and watch the show. For the past 3 days we have been listening to planes roaring overhead and it kind of freaks me out once in awhile. I worry that old-timers will think WWIII has started!

The whole fam is coming for a BBQ on Sunday to swim and watch the air show. It will still be over 100 degrees this weekend! 103 tomorrow.....sheesh! I thought it was Fall!

Happy Friday, everyone! Enjoy your weekend.

Karen

Anna and Nini Feel the Magic!
By Kanary

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to kanary

If you really knew me, you would know I like to...show dogs. I have been a professional handler for 15 years and now my daughter is getting her first show dog next month.

If you really knew me, you would know I don't like to deal with people who feel that they need attention all of the time. Drama is not my thing!!

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom

Hi girls!

pollywog
Expert
pollywog

Hi Meg! How was your week?
Karen, what an awesome LO! Kudos on getting it finished in an hour! It looks amazing!

Ladies, I probably won't be on here that much or maybe at all over the weekend. But I hope to get at least 1 LO accomplished! I have to post one for Kim....thanks for the motivation!

Kim, have a wonderful boat-outing if you do get to go!
Have a great weekend ladies!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-25-09 12:32 PM
In response to pollywog

Karen! Under an hour!! You GO GIRL!!

Meg, that would be so neat to be a dog handler. Do you work with the same dogs at each event??

Hurray Hollie's gonna post a layout for me!!! Looking forward to seeing it!!

Hope everyone else is having a great day!! I sort of fiddled mine away. Got some pictures off my desktop computer and put onto the external storage drive. Got some ready to be printed. Finished reading The Shack - anyone read it?? Feel asleep while reading The Shack!!

Kitty_wOlf
Guru
Kitty_wOlf
In response to KimKV

50 A MONTH?

how do they find the time??

all i have is school (which is very time consuming) and a half part time job. and stil- i barely find time....

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes

Karen, 100 degrees???!!! I think that might do me in! Where do you live?
I have 2 pages that I am working on right now, so hopefully can finish them soon.
The Shack, sounds familiar. Is it Stephen King? or at least it sound like a title from him.

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to GinnyHughes

Yeah, what's up with that??? I live in Redding, CA which is north of Sacramento by a couple of hundred miles. Most of you probably didn't know there was anything in California north of Sacramento! We are in the Sacramento Valley and it gets HOT here! I can see Mt. Lassen from my living room window and I learned to ski on Mt. Shasta. Lake Shasta is also a famous recreational area and our river/lake fishing is considered very high in the rankings.

Kim, I finally read The Shack this summer. I'd heard so many different opinions about it. It's one of those books that you read so personally, depending on your faith.

Ginny, it was written by William P. Young and has been on the bestsellers list for a long time. It is about a man who faces a horrific loss in his life and then is given the opportunity to meet God, the Holy Spirit, and Jesus in a shack. It has impacted a lot of people.

Karen

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to kanary

I do show the same dogs every time, unless their owners don't want to show them anymore. It is a lot of fun, but it is also a lot of work. We travel a lot in the spring and fall. The summer is so hard on the dogs where we live, so we don't show that much in the summer months.

My day is going great! I will be getting off in about an hour and then my hubbie and I are headed to Bikes, Blues and BBQ. It is an annual event held here in Fayetteville. We will have over 400,000 motorcycles here this weekend.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-25-09 01:35 PM

• Kitty_wOlf Said:
50 A MONTH?

how do they find the time??

all i have is school (which is very time consuming) and a half part time job. and stil- i barely find time....

Well, that's a good question!! I think some of them don't sleep!! Some of them also only put one maybe two pictures on the page, so maybe that's easier.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 09-26-09 05:41 AM
In response to KimKV

Ahoy! I have been away for a couple days! I need to catch up on prior posts!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-26-09 06:51 AM
In response to Foamy

Hi Ya Lynn!!! We've been very chatty, but not a lot scrappy!!!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KimKV

Good morning all

mojosmaddy
Guru
mojosmaddy
In response to KristaDee

Wow very quiet around here! I went up stairs and tried to clean up my scrap area a little bit. then toyed around with my cricut...working on making a turkey with the storybook cartridge.

Also working on swap stuff for my BOAFs (Birds Of a Feather) friends. We are doing an exchange where each of us gets a holiday to make items for. I got easter and I'm having a really hard time coming up with an idea

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-26-09 03:18 PM

Went out on the boat for a little while today. Just hubby and I, I drove some, then we just turned off the motor and drifted for a while. The bad thing was we forgot to grab the faceplate for the stereo. But, I am actualy more a fan of silence. Hubby on the other hand, the minute he comes home he has to turn on the radio!!!

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 09-26-09 06:01 PM
In response to KimKV

I was just wondering or making thinking i know why kim doesnt get any lo's done---cuz she is chatting all the time--hahaha I LOVE IT!! j/k
just wanted to stop in and stir things up a little!! hehehehehahahaha

in case there are any new people poking in there I am kim's stalker! so from time to time you will see a post from me!! have a great night!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-27-09 03:14 AM
In response to zrock

I'm like a celebrity!!

afdani1984
Expert
afdani1984
In response to KimKV

Morning all! Just checking in. It's only 6am here and I have no clue why I am up so dang early..especially on my day off. DH is still sound asleep..along with the dog and cat. Im sitting at the dining room table listening to the rats rearrange their furniture and contemplating a grocery list.

Ooop spoke too soon..the dog is up, so I suppose it's time for me to take her out.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-27-09 05:12 AM

Heck I was up at 6am this morning too! So not my normal.

afdani1984
Expert
afdani1984
In response to KimKV

I think part of my problem is I've been on nightshift for so long, and have had to transition back and forth so many times for appointments, training days at work, and whatever else gets thrown at me..that my internal clock has just given up. And now with Baby..it's even crazier. But I move to a new duty section on Thursday which I am super excited about. It's normal dayshift hours, weekends and holidays off. It will make this pregnancy much easier on both myself and DH. Plus, I will be doing more of the things I should be doing as a SSgt. I'll have two airmen working for me. Not to mention it's a much less manual labor job than what I do now. I am kind of sad to leave Special Handling though. I won't miss the upper management bullcrud, but I will miss the job itself and some of the people I worked with.

DH and I have decided, even though I was at first adamantly against it, that we are going to move out of our apartment and into housing on base. My original feeling was that living in housing would be like living in the dorms again. Go home from work and still feel like you're at work. But we had dinner with a friend and her family who live on base and the houses are actually really nice. The baby would have a nursery, kitchen is huge, so much storage space it blew my mind. Not to mention we'd have a yard, so our pug would get something out of the move as well. DH says the apartment we live in was nice when he moved in, and it seemed nice when I moved in. But lately, maybe partly because of the baby, I've been more scrutinizing of things. I had my car broken into last April..because someone had parked in my assigned space and I ended up having to park in the dark. They stole my IPOD (my fault for leaving it in the car though) and tried to steal my navigation system. DH says he thinks there's drug dealers here, and even he doesn't like taking the dog out at night. And aside from safety, living on base would save us money on gas, and we wouldn't have to pay for utilities aside from cable and phone.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-27-09 11:56 AM

We lived on base in Tucson for years, we both really liked it. And like you witnessed at dinner, they are pretty nice. We lived in an area that housing was brand new, we were only the second family to leave in it. Do you know is the housing duplexes, fourplexes or a mix?

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-27-09 11:57 AM
In response to KimKV

Okay, don't shoot me but I got an other spread done today. But I sort of had to, it's for a challenge I host.

Movie Night
By KimKV

Page 2 of 48 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics