Page 3 of 48 
Username Post: JAFF (Just A Few Friends)        (Topic#1515743)
afdani1984
Expert
afdani1984
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
We lived on base in Tucson for years, we both really liked it. And like you witnessed at dinner, they are pretty nice. We lived in an area that housing was brand new, we were only the second family to leave in it. Do you know is the housing duplexes, fourplexes or a mix?

The housing on our base just went privitized. It used to be just maintained by the base, and alot of it was in disrepair and some unfit for living. There's still some older areas and they are in the process of moving people out of the old houses and into the new and they get first dibs. There actually is apartment style, two floor multiplexes. But we're going to try and stay to a single floor dwelling. The one we visited is a duplex house. Each side has its own garage and fenced in yard. They are adding more houses as well to accomodate more people. Before it went privitized you didn't pay for anything..but you didn't get any BAH. Now, you get BAH but they take out "rent" automatically. I still think we'd save money living on base, and I definately will feel safer there.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-27-09 12:24 PM
In response to afdani1984

That sounds a lot like what was happening in Tucson, they were building and moving and tearing down. We were in a single story, the one attached to us was a two story. I had so much storage there. And since dh was a Senior, we had a three bedroom, so one became my scraproom.

When we lived in San Angelo, TX we lived in off base, base housing. It was real nice. Except over half the town came there to trick or treat!! and the 4th of July there was CRAZY!!! I'm pretty sure the entire town came out there for that.

kzookeeper
Queen
kzookeeper
In response to KimKV

WHOA! You girls have been busy, busy, busy chatting! Took me quite a while just to catch up on all the reading! LOL! Well, I did manage to post a couple of layouts that I finished last week.

2 (hearts) become 1 By Kzookeeper

I was so proud of myself for finishing this at our last crop - only took me about five hours! Then I came on here and read about Karen's one hour layout ...... I really am a sloooooooow scrapper

Smores By Kzookeeper

This one only took about two and a half hours! I was smokin'!!!!!

I've spent the better part of this afternoon trying to catch up on comments..... whew! Hope you all have a great week! Betty

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-27-09 01:53 PM
In response to kzookeeper

Hey Betty, don't feel bad, that two page layout I did today, for the 2 page sketch challenge, that was using a sketch, took me 2 hours!!! IT was those darn white dots.

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary

Betty, no one is more shocked than I am that I did a LO in an hour!!! I haven't done that since 1994 or 95!! I think I typically average about 6-7 hours per page. I scrap most evenings for at least 2-3 hours and usually all day Saturday...my production levels do not keep up with the hours invested (as my gallery will testify)! If this were my job, I would have been FIRED a long time ago!

When I first started scrapping for real, I used to keep a log of $$$ spent per page, how many hours it took to complete a page, etc. HOW STUPID WAS I??? Who cares??? Now I just enjoy the process!

Hope you ladies had a good weekend! My mom (81) took a very bad fall so we spent a good junk of a night/morning in the ER. She's doing much better now. No broken bones, thank God!

Remember how I said it was going to STILL be in the 100s here in Redding, CA over the weekend? Saturday the temperature topped at 111 degrees! Didn't break the record though set in 1950 of 112!! At the air show, medics treated over 50 people with heat-related issues. They said the heat from the asphalt/tarmac was closer to 120 degrees. Ugh. I am sooooo looking forward to cooler weather!

Karen

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-28-09 03:32 AM
In response to kanary

WOW, that's some crazy heat. Not even shade offers much relief from that.

So glad you Grandma didn't break anything, I'm sure she is in plenty of pain all the same. My Grandma has Alzheimers and went through phase of falling, never broke anything either - thank the good Lord for that.

I set a timer, to count up, once when I was scrapping to see how long it actually takes me to do a page. Because I'm usually doing laundry when I scrap, so I would stop it when I wasn't actually scrapping. Then like Karen, I thought, who cares!! This is my hobby, I can take as long as I want on a page.

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to KimKV

Perfect Pair *Mosh Posh* By Pollywog

Here you are, Kim!
This LO took me about 3 hours! I know, it looks so simple, but the little flower embellishment above the pic too FOREVER to cut out! I was trying sooooo hard not to rip it all to shreds wth my craft knife! But needless to say, I love the way it turned out!
And I'm glad Kim gave me some motivation!

afdani1984
Expert
afdani1984
In response to pollywog

Morning all! I'm up again before 6am. LoL. Maybe my body is so ready to start my new job on Thursday it's already prepared itself. Now to decide whether to shower first or eat breakfast..hmm..

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

good morning. It's a cold morning here and officially autumn. It's about 6C on our thermometer and it's windy which is making it colder. (it's about -0.5C with the wind)

Translations: 6C = 32F, -0.5C = 31F

So not ready for cold weather. It will be an inside day for me, laundry and some house cleaning. If I can get it done soon enough, maybe, just maybe I will find the energy to scrap.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-28-09 06:17 AM
In response to KristaDee

Oh Yeah!! I forgot, I brought my son's dirty clothes down earlier, never did start a load!!!

Hurray for Hollie!!!! She scrapped, I knew you could do it -- now to give it some lovins'!!

cheryljunegirl
Queen
cheryljunegirl
In response to KimKV

Hi Jaff Girls!! So sorry I've been MIA! We got our daughter off last Wednesday to the missionary training center. My oldest daughter and two of my little grandchildren have been here to visit since then and will be here another week. VERY BUSY! No time to scrap...no time to think...no computer time...lots of pictures to share, though. Thinking of you all and will be trying to catch up over the next few days when I have a spare second. Hugs to you all!

cheryljunegirl
Queen
cheryljunegirl
In response to cheryljunegirl

Ok, after quickly reading the posts...first I want to say a big congrats to Dani on the baby! how fun and exciting for you!

Lynn- I have a Cricut I got for my birthday and love it!

The questions:
If you really knew me you would know that I like to play Yahtzee (I am obsessed with it really)
If you really knew me you would know that I don't like rude people.

This is a fun game...I have several answers in common with you all.

afdani1984
Expert
afdani1984

Thanks for the congrats on the baby news, Cheryl! Do you know where your daughter is going to be serving yet?

afdani1984
Expert
afdani1984

I am craving sushi so bad right now. I've done alot of research, fish to stay away from due to mercury and how most sushi in the states isn't real sushi because it has to be flash frozen. Plus the stuff I get usually only has crab and some kind of veggie in it. I really want a Japanese Lazania Roll, which is cooked..but DH said he would feel better if I waited until our first OB appointment and talked to the doctor about it..so I'm respecting his wishes. But I may have to go get some crab rangoons from the grocery lol.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 09-28-09 07:49 AM
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
Hi Ya Lynn!!! We've been very chatty, but not a lot scrappy!!!

LOL!!!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 09-28-09 07:54 AM
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
That sounds a lot like what was happening in Tucson, they were building and moving and tearing down. We were in a single story, the one attached to us was a two story. I had so much storage there. And since dh was a Senior, we had a three bedroom, so one became my scraproom.

When we lived in San Angelo, TX we lived in off base, base housing. It was real nice. Except over half the town came there to trick or treat!! and the 4th of July there was CRAZY!!! I'm pretty sure the entire town came out there for that.

Wow We were stationed at DM in Tucson in the mid 1990's. Son went to Sabino HS. We chose to live off base so he could attend Sabino. We got orders at the start of his junior year. We loved Tucson & AZ. Of course we were returning from an overseas tour so were tickled pink to be back in the states!

Edited by Foamy on 09-28-09 07:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 09-28-09 07:56 AM
In response to Foamy

Karen... I hope your mom is doing better!

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to Foamy

Hi Ladies!
Thanks for the love on my new layout!
Kim, I know that it was you that was the inspiration! Otherwise I would have gone home and taken a nap!
Cheryl, I hope everything is going great with your visit with the kiddo & grandbabies!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-28-09 10:07 AM
In response to pollywog

Well, I so happy I was able to get your scrappy motor running Hollie! Like your new Avi pic.

Lynn- I think we were in Tucson from 1996 to 2003. We actually started out living in Rita Ranch, out by Kolb and Valencia. DH was suppose to go on a remote to Korea, so we put our house up for sale, sold it and then he didn't go. So we moved on base. Which for education purposes I hated it, because TUSD sucked!! and the Vail schooldistrict where we were was awesome.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-28-09 10:08 AM
In response to KimKV

Oh yeah, I ran my errands today, because they are calling for rain tomorrow. So, I will most likely scrap!! So watch out - I could get 2 or 3 pages done!!!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 09-28-09 10:37 AM
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
Well, I so happy I was able to get your scrappy motor running Hollie! Like your new Avi pic.

Lynn- I think we were in Tucson from 1996 to 2003. We actually started out living in Rita Ranch, out by Kolb and Valencia. DH was suppose to go on a remote to Korea, so we put our house up for sale, sold it and then he didn't go. So we moved on base. Which for education purposes I hated it, because TUSD sucked!! and the Vail schooldistrict where we were was awesome.

Wow we were there at same time! We were there from 1993-1997. We lived off of Sabino Canyon Road almost to the canyon.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Foamy

well - laundry is slowly getting done. I've cleaned one bathroom (the worst chore in the world!) I'm hoping that the rest of the house doesn't take too long, I'd actually really like to scrap today.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-28-09 10:53 AM
In response to KristaDee

I hate cleaning house, it's one of those things that well, you just have to do over and over and over and over...again. You know what I drives me nuts?? Going to the store. I mean seriously, could there be a more redundt task. Take it of the shelf, put it in your basket, take it out of the basket, put it on a moving shelf, put it in your basket, take it out of your basket, put it on the "car" shelf, take it of the "car" shelf..to finally one last time put it on a shelf again!!

Wow, Lynn that's a riot..we were there at the same time!! What squadron was you hubby in??

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 09-28-09 11:14 AM
In response to KimKV

Kim he was in the 612th AIS

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 09-28-09 11:52 AM
In response to Foamy

Kim.....I see you!!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 09-28-09 11:53 AM
In response to j3Mel

sorry to interrupt your normal programming but I had to sneak that in there...........proceed!!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-28-09 01:47 PM
In response to j3Mel

Mel - get outta here... go to your regularly scheduled pm...

hi JAFFs... had a great time at the Cape... Saturday couldn't have been a prettier, nicer day...my gf and I walked from 6:30 AM to 3PM and then went and did some other stuff by car...
yesterday was rainy but we still had fun...

Loving the lo's ladies...you are making me nuts that I am not scrapping so guess I am going to go home and maybe get some done.

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to GMFTS

Just popping in, I have family visiting this week, so not much computer time!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to GinnyHughes

good morning all

cheryljunegirl
Queen
cheryljunegirl
In response to KristaDee

good morning Krista! good morning all!

I haven't had any time to make a layout, but I did manage to find some time to make this card:
Hello By Cheryljunegirl

I don't know if you all are familiar with 2 Sketches 4 You, but you might want to check them out. People use the sketches primarily for cards, but you could easily use them for layouts, too. They are having a blog hop on Saturday for World Card Making Day...lots of fun and prizes, so you might want to check it out. If you are busy on Saturday just check them out anyway...I think you'll like it.

kzookeeper
Queen
kzookeeper

Cute card, Cheryl!

Hope everyone's having a good week so far!

Check in again later....

Betty

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary

Kim, I have to go grocery shopping tonight, so after reading your post....I am REALLY dreading it!! Try shopping with your 83 year old dad who takes 15 minutes to pick out a package of cookies. I've started giving him a list of a few things like produce, milk, eggs and then we meet at the front of the store. My cart is FULL and I finish before he does. His cart has maybe 7 items. Sigh. He wants to go, so I try to go with a positive attitude!

Guess what ladies?? After 111 on Saturday, it's only going to be in the 70s here today! HURRAY! We got the carpets cleaned professionally this morning so I'm in a good mood! Hope it lasts through the grocery shopping!

Plan to scrap tonight after the groceries are put away. Have a great day everyone!

Karen

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-29-09 12:27 PM
In response to kanary

awww Karen that must be so trying... it must be hard to be patient.
Glad that cooler weather is in store for you.
We have our usual change of season rainy weather going on here...but the sun was out earlier.
I feel out straight because work is busy, busy and then I seem to have something going on every night... basket class tonight.

Till tomorrow...

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to GMFTS

Hmmm...I see Mel has been here pestering with her smileys!!

Hi JAFF Seniors...lol!!! Kim has allowed me to create a JAFF Jr. and she told me I could pop in here and say hi! Isn't she sooo nice!

Geesh...seems like everywhere I go...people are either talking about cleaning or the cold weather! ARGH

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to StarsNSparkles

You know when you are a serious scrapper when.... your 7 year old son brings home a green heart shaped button he found on the playground, because he thinks you might be able to use it in your scrapbook.

Cody brought a button home today. Thought it was terribly cute that he would do that for me.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-29-09 02:35 PM
In response to KristaDee

LOL - Sorry Karen, but it's true isn't..repeat repeat and repeat. I think it's wonderful that you take your Dad shopping and that you give him a list. You are a Great Daughter!!

Hi Stephanie!! Yes, would you keep a tighter rein on those JAFF Jr. girls please!!

Cheryl that cards is cute - will hit your gallery with love in a sec.

Oh Krista - that's so sweet. You should do a page about the button!!

Speaking of pages:

Floating in the pool
By KimKV

Catnip!!
By KimKV

Got two done between yesterday and today.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to KimKV

I'm trying Kim...but man...they are out of control!!! Especially that Mel girl!!! You'll have to give me some parenting advice...lol

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-29-09 04:31 PM
In response to StarsNSparkles

00elly00
Idol
00elly00
In response to KimKV

Can I join you ladies? I joined the 20 in 30 challenge last month and just hit about 14 and that's with a scrappy weekend!

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to 00elly00

Krista, that is just about the sweetest story! Such a thoughtful child!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-30-09 03:19 AM

Hey Ginny, you could just change your name to 321!

kzookeeper
Queen
kzookeeper
In response to KimKV

Hi everyone! Just popping in the say that I've posted pics of my new scraproom - If you'd like to see it! I'm not going to link them here - too many - about 12 pics in all. Drop in and look if you have time! Now...... if only I could find some time for scrapping! LOL!

Karen, I can relate - my mom's 84 and uses a walker - it takes FOREVER when we go to the store - but, it's about her only outing of the week. Luckily for me, she has a good friend (several years younger than her) who likes to come and go to lunch and take her shopping and to the beauty parlor a couple of times a month. So, that really helps me out!

Love the story about the button, so cute! My boys (men, actually) will see things sometimes and tell me about them - "Hey, Mama, this would be great for a scrap page"..... tooo funny!

Great new layouts, Kim - really love those strips and dots together - so cute!

Have a great day! Betty

cheryljunegirl
Queen
cheryljunegirl

Krista- what a sweet story...sounds like the making of a lo to me!

hi all!

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary

The Stephens Family Disney Adventure
By Kanary

Here is another page for my friend's Disney album. This one took me a lot longer than one hour to do! Keeping it all "flat" is so hard!

Karen

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
Hey Ginny, you could just change your name to 321!

That is clever! I was thinking of changing it awhile back, but I would probably just confuse myself!!

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes

Betty, your scraproom looks great!!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Betty - I browsed through your scraproom photos - you've done a great job. Looks like a wonderful room to be in. Love that green cabinet.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-01-09 08:01 AM
In response to KristaDee

Oh Krista such a sweet little boy!
Betty love what you have done!!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-01-09 08:04 AM
In response to Foamy

Wooot was able to scrap yesterday!!

One Room Schoolhouse
By Foamy

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-01-09 08:05 AM
In response to Foamy

Going to the dentist to get teeth cleaned

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-01-09 12:42 PM
In response to Foamy

WOW!!! Betty GREAT SPACE!!!

Aw yes, the annual tooth cleaning...what fun.

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to KimKV

I always dread the detist, but feel so fresh and clean when it is done. I got my first bottles of Stickles today, I thought I would see what all the fuss is about! I also got some Glossy Accents and I am super excited to try it out!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-01-09 01:26 PM

Oh I love that Glossy Accents stuff!!!! Stickles, I could take them or leave them.

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to KimKV

Dentists! I should have included that in my "if you really knew me" answer! I am freakishly afraid of dentists after experiencing the dentist from Hades as a child. I broke out in hives the last time I had to go and my dentist now is as sweet and gentle as can be! Did you know that dentists have the highest suicide rate of any profession?? No one wants to visit them! My friend in Oregon has a dentist named Dr. Pane!

Betty, I LOVE your scraproom set up. I have a corner in the living room which forces me to be very organized. Well, most of the time! Sounds like you and I are in the same season of life with our moms. I moved here to care for my folks and there are some days, without my faith and my sense of humor, I'd be in a padded cell! I tell everyone I'm a first-time-mom at age 54!!

Lynn, loved your heritage LO and left you some love. Your pages are always so inspiring.

Here is another page for the "flat" Disney album. I'm hoping to scrap all weekend (off and on) and maybe I'll get two pages done! One can always hope...

Have a great weekend everybody!

Karen

The Happiest Place on Earth
By Kanary

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-02-09 12:46 PM
In response to kanary

wow Betty what a gorgeous scrap room you have! can I move in?

gotta go for the weekend - hope to get a little scrapping in and a visit to some of the grandkids..
supposed to rain - yuck! but it is fall so.. I am just glad that the trees haven't all turned or this rain would be bringing them down.

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to GMFTS

Just popping in to say hi, hope everyone has a great weekend. Hoping to get a little bit of scrapping done!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

I was hoping to scrap too, but I bought paint on Wednesday for my "new" kitchen cabinets so I'll be painting the drawers and doors this weekend. Hopefully soon, my FIL will be able to start building the new cabinets.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-02-09 03:00 PM
In response to KristaDee

Oh yes, I remember the "new" Kitchen cabinets. How is that going?? I finally all the wallpaper off my kitchen walls, well, finally in like 3 weeks ago. Now I need to fix several spots on the walls and probably use some of the texturing compound stuff, then paint.

Karen, when you finish that "flat" album, we're gonna give you a gold star.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KimKV

Okay, I think I got everyone and I am acu!

My tile is now done, the tile guy broke my garage sink that the water softener periodically empties into. He laid it on the garage floor so we woke up this morning to a mini flood in the garage!
Did I mention he didn't tell us it was on the garage floor broken! Sigh! One thing after another.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KimKV

Kim - the kitchen will be slow work. My DH is not a handy-man, so my FIL will be helping build the new boxes for the drawers and doors that I bought, and doing all the new electrical, and everything else. So first, I have to prime and paint the doors and drawers, then I have to pack up one side of my kitchen "the stove wall". This is where my current stove and oven are, and all my pantry goods, pots and pans..... then we will rip that wall of cabinets out. The old stove and oven (it's a two piece) will head to a thrift shop, and then we will start from scratch. New electrical for the new stove (self cleaning!! I'm super excited about that), new plugs, a rangehood that works.... then the new boxes will get built into place, then I will prime and paint those and put stuff back where it belongs. Then we start over with the "sink and fridge" wall. I'm really hoping that DH remembers that we agreed to a window above my sink. (there is no window in my current kitchen) we will rip everything off that wall and start over again. I'm really hoping that it will be done by Christmas. My FIL and DH both work till 6 or even later, (They work together) and FIL is extremely busy. So - I'm learning to be patient.

I think I just wrote a mini novel! LOL Oh well. You all really truly wanted to know anyways.

Edited by KristaDee on 10-02-09 05:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KristaDee

MMMM....Kitchen remodel....mmmm....well, I vented about my tile guy so I at least will listen if you need to vent.

However, I am excited for you to get a new kitchen. I need one so badly, I will happily live vicariously through your remodel. It will be exciting to see the transformation. Make sure you take before and after pictures to share and scrap!

I wish you a speedy remodel!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-03-09 05:06 AM
In response to KristaDee

Wow Krista - that just made my kitchen sound like a walk in the park!!! But it's gonna be awesome when you are done.

Jill? Do you have a baseball? If so, take it and beat the living cr^p out of that jackbutt!!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KimKV

thanks for the best laugh I've had all week!

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to KristaDee

Krista, I so feel for you! Living with a kitchen in progress is very trying! I hope it gets done quickly!
Jill, I guess he thought you didn't need to know about the sink!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

I think I should start a list "you know you have a bad contractor when......

1. When you catch them in a lie.
2. When they have never owned their own home to mess up.
3. When they say they will give you a deal because you have done so much for them.

Please feel free to add.....

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-03-09 11:32 AM
In response to jaxxan

4. When they break more tiles then they install.
5. When their assistant does better work than they do.

Well, today we spakled the walls in the kitchen, tomorrow we'll sand. I thought I had a color picked out, but no dh thinks it's to much green. Back to depot I go!!

Edited by KimKV on 10-03-09 11:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-03-09 03:10 PM
In response to KimKV

Need your votes please~~

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15172...

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to KimKV

Here is a page to share, it is a good thing I enter challenges because sometimes that is the only motivation I have to scrap!!!

Say Cheese
By 2girls2dogs

mojosmaddy
Guru
mojosmaddy
In response to KimKV

Hi everyone! Been a few days since I've checked in. I'm recovering from bronchitis, so I've been going to bed quite early the past week.

Therefore,I have not been card making much or scrapping at all.

Next Sat. I am going to a swarm with my friend. So excited! This week I need to get a few pictures and stuff together so I have a plan and might be able to accomplish something.

mojosmaddy
Guru
mojosmaddy
In response to KristaDee

• KristaDee Said:
You know when you are a serious scrapper when.... your 7 year old son brings home a green heart shaped button he found on the playground, because he thinks you might be able to use it in your scrapbook.

Cody brought a button home today. Thought it was terribly cute that he would do that for me.

Awwwwwwwwww that is just DARLING!!!!! I can't wait to see how you use it!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to mojosmaddy

My first one. Struggled to get it done and photographed!
I used the new mudd puddles sand on this with the shells. Very cool stuff.
Which Way?? By Jaxxan

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to jaxxan

JCI

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KimKV

Kim - FYI- I went to your link and voted!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to mojosmaddy

Mojo - Sorry to hear about the bronchitis, that is rough. You need to still take it easy this week. I had it when working retail, went back too soon and had a relapse. You don't want to miss the swarm next weekend! I am hoping you will come back and share the details with us. I have been curious about those, I read about them happening in their newsletter, but not a lot of details.

Take care!

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 10-04-09 04:20 AM
In response to jaxxan

just here snooping around--glad ot know everyone is doing well!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-04-09 05:34 AM
In response to zrock

Ginny, I am going to make it my personal mission to get you motivated to scrap. Yep, I'm going to have Ginny Challenges on here!!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KimKV

Happy Birthday Kim!!!! Hope your dinner was great last night and today is filled with good surprises!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to jaxxan

Happy Birthday Kim!

LaurenBiz
Idol
LaurenBiz
In response to KristaDee

OK, ACU. I am awful being consistent with postings.

Two things:

1 - For Karen: have you considered your mom going to a balance specialist to get balance testing to determine the cause of her fall(s)? Since I used to work in administrative/marketing at the Mid America Balance Institute (diagnostic balance testing clinic,) I can give you more info about the benefit of balance testing, if you're interested!

2 - I'm so MIA because I now have a job! My timeline:
**Graduated May 2008 from college
**Started job hunting in Sept 2008 for jobs in Wisconsin since Justin is there for good (had a summer job, and it ended that September - that's why I wasn't immediate with job hunting after graduating)
**Had NO luck, and took a temporary job in my hometown of KCMO in Feb 2009
**That job ended Sept 2009
**Job offer in late Sept 2009!

I TRULY believe now in the quote "It's not what you know - it's who you know." My temp job at the Balance Institute I took because my next door neighbor introduced me to the President. And, the job offer I just accepted in Wisconsin is at a company that a married couple runs - who both are good friends of Justin's!

This job is at Rinehart Targets, an archery target company. I couldn't even imagine that people would have full-time jobs in this industry...it's an industry I'd never even thought/heard of until I met my new, soon-to-be bosses, James and Barbara. They have their own factory in Wisconsin with a production floor, and offices up front. I will be the office manager starting in November. But, the ad agency (that they were not happy with, too) they used for their layouts for promotional material apparently went out of business, so they are interested in my advertising degree, too.

I have been in Wisconsin for the past 2 weeks, not scrapping at all, since I don't have a nice area to store my supplies and to create projects at Justin's house. I am driving back to KC tomorrow, and back up to WI in about two weeks to move in for good!

Finally :-D

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-04-09 12:49 PM
In response to LaurenBiz

Yes, the who you know is sometimes more inportant than what. My DH knew several people where he works now. The company even have some positions that if you officially recommend someone and they get hire your get big $ finders fee! DH got one once!

Well ladies, we have lost 2 participants, due to their busy schedules. There is also one other person that I am going to put on the inactive list so to speak as she has never posted at all. Technically, this creates 3 new openings. Do we want to put out an open invitation for 3 new members or brain storm for people we might want to invite??

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-04-09 12:51 PM
In response to KimKV

Another poll for a challenge I was in

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15173...

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to KimKV

Happy Happy Birthday to You!! Hope you are having a great day!!! At least the weather turned out pretty nice!
However you want to do the invites is fine with me Kim, always great to have more people to chat with.

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
Ginny, I am going to make it my personal mission to get you motivated to scrap. Yep, I'm going to have Ginny Challenges on here!!

Uh oh, sounds like I'm in trouble with the boss!!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

• 2girls2dogs Said:
  • KimKV Said:

I haven't posted any LO's at all. My kitchen project has me going now - and I'm not sure when I will be able to scrap. Should do that today. Maybe even right now....

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-04-09 02:19 PM
In response to KristaDee

Hello all! I was just wondering if there was any room 4 more ppl I haven't finishing going thru all the comments on this thread yet but I believe I fall in2 this category LOL

Have a gr8 day!n

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-04-09 02:49 PM
In response to Eisa

Ladies, I have sent Eisa a pm inviting her to come join us. Hopefully she will be back soon and intro herself.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-04-09 02:50 PM
In response to KristaDee

• KristaDee Said:
  • 2girls2dogs Said:
  • KimKV Said:

I haven't posted any LO's at all. My kitchen project has me going now - and I'm not sure when I will be able to scrap. Should do that today. Maybe even right now....

Do it Go SCRAP!!! DO it NOW!!!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-04-09 02:51 PM

• 2girls2dogs Said:
  • KimKV Said:

Have you ever met my whip dude???

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KimKV

• Quote:
Have you ever met my whip dude???

(evil laugh!) Oh Kim a whole new group to get into shape!

I did wonder if some of those who were interested before want to still join?? The decision is yours. I think whoever you think will be a good fit will be fine with me! Thanks for staying on top of this!

LaurenBiz
Idol
LaurenBiz
In response to jaxxan

LOL whip! ACU :-)

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to LaurenBiz

Yeah, you laugh now just wait.....

cheryljunegirl
Queen
cheryljunegirl
In response to jaxxan

Just wanted to stop by and say happy birthday to Kim!! Hope you had a fabulous day! I'll catch up with the rest of the thread tomorrow.

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary

Kim, I am so sorry I missed your birthday! I hope it was a great one for you!! It's 11:35 p.m. on the west coast, so officially it's still your birthday here!!

Congratulations for making it to the poll and to Ginny also! Yay for the Jaffers!!

Got two pages done on Saturday. Somewhere around 9:00 p.m., I lost my mojo and now I'm stuck on a page. Grrrrrrr. Usually chocolate helps, but I was out. Note to self: next time, stock up on peanut M&Ms!

Kim, if we've lost some people along the way, sure...let's invite some more!

Karen

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-05-09 03:14 AM
In response to kanary

Thank you everyone for the Birthday wishes, it was a nice quiet day. Well, except for the part where we decide to stand the spakle that we put on the kitchen walls the day before. My gosh that stuff went everywhere!!! It's even in the bedrooms, on the second floor!!! So, guess what I get to do today....

Jill, you crack me up!!

cheryljunegirl
Queen
cheryljunegirl
In response to KimKV

Hi all!

I had the BEST weekend! Celebrating my dad's 90th birthday with him was so fabulous! He was so touched at all the people who came. It is such a remarkable thing that he is in such good health and was really able to enjoy it. It was amazing to see family members I haven't seen in 30 years or more. It was truly a celebration of my dad's life and the wonderful man he is.

Here is a little project I did for World Card Making Day on Saturday:
How Sweet It Is By Cheryljunegirl

Boop815
Expert
Boop815
In response to KimKV

Hi All, I would like to join, I seem to have "scrappers block" right now. I am not good at posting, threading, what ever its called.... so I may not be what you are looking for, but my heart is in the right place. just tell me what I have too do to become a member, I read the rules, but you know......
Thank you,
Joyce

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-05-09 07:37 AM
In response to Boop815

Hello Joyce.

I'm Kim, the Creator of this little group. And as it just so happens we are looking to add a couple of people to our group.

I went to your home page, checked out your gallery and such. Basically being a part of this group is checking in a least 3 times a week. Post layouts or cards when you do them, give love on projects other members post and get love. Plus as you may have noticed we chat.

I started this group because I am not a speed scrapper, I do not scrap 10 pages a day - 20 a week or 50 a month. If you do anywhere from 1 page a week to 10 a week (I'd get crazy happy if I ever did that!) then you would be a nice fit here.

So, if you would like to join and can might our rigorous rules, then tell us a bit about yourself and I will add your name to the first page!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-05-09 07:49 AM
In response to KimKV

Hi ya Cheryl, so glad to hear about the celebration! That's awsome for him.

Lynn!!! LOVIN' the new Picture!!! Your look Marvelous (you know like Billy Crystal says it)

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to KimKV

Happy Monday everyone!! Hope to get to scrap tonight if I am not too tired, got to watch out for that whip!!!
Cheryl, those Christmas treats are just so adorable, can't believe we are thinking Christmas already!!!!Yikes!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

Oh I hear you on Christmas. I was thinking yesterday, Wow, October already!

I am trying to really hard to be on top of the holiday season so I need a little help. I thought I saw someone who is into dog shows and American Kennel club. I am looking for a reputable breeder of golden retrievers. I have read the recommendations on the AKC but just need some inside information. I am in the S.f. Bay area.

Thanks!

Page 3 of 48 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics