Page 4 of 48 
Username Post: JAFF (Just A Few Friends)        (Topic#1515743)
Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-05-09 08:57 AM
In response to GinnyHughes

Greetings every1 my name is Melisa, I am 28yrs old & have a beautiful 6yr old daughter. I have been scrapping for quite a while now & have a luv 4 photography & poetry as well. I am so glad 2 b a part of this group & look forward 2 getting 2 kno every1 - I am actively working on adding new pics of other LO's & I will make it my mission 2 stop by every1's pgs 2 leave a bit of luv & admiration

Aside from scrapbooking I luv crafts, especially ones that involve kids. I luv the holidays & the many ideas that I think up & come across 4 crafts. I always welcome input on things I do - provided I am able 2 upload the pics LOL

I wish u all amazing weeks & look forward 2 chatting w/u
well, I guess that is it 4 now LOL I've pretty much typed a book here lol WHEW!!

Edited by Eisa on 10-05-09 08:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to Eisa

Welcome Eisa! I will look forward to checking out your gallery and getting to know you here!

Kitchen remodels, spackling projects, 90th birthday parties...all things that can end up as a scrapbook page or two! Glad everyone survived the weekend!

Cheryl, glad the party for your dad was such a success. I'm sure he felt blessed and very honored! I remember reading about you finding your long-lost sister and that must have made this party even more joyous. Can't wait to see some pages! Oh, and your Christmas goodies are so festive!! Don't know where you found time to do that!

Happy Monday, everyone! Kim, good luck cleaning up that spackle! Glad it's you and not me! ;D

Karen

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-05-09 10:01 AM
In response to kanary

HI all! 1st things 1st!Happy (belated) Birthday oh glorious Kim our fearless, leader!

if I had only realized I could have sent you a WHIP! after all I live in the Whip City... I kid you not!

welcome to Eisa and Joyce... glad to meet you ladies...

Ginny glad you outed Kim as a "beat them into scrapping" leader... I won't make any such admissions about needing challenges (ahem).

Cheryl glad your weekend went so well.
Karen sorry the mojo left - I am sure it will be back.
Lauren! congrats on the job! that is wonderful news! and so true about the who you know... that's how I got my job.
Krista - can't wait to hear your kitchen story as it progresses.
Jill - love the lo! rotten about the sink.

and I forget who asked (Krista maybe?)about the dog person here: it was Meg.

ok - back to work....

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to GMFTS

HI gramary,
It was me who asked who had the dog affiliations, thanks for telling me it was Meg. If she doesn't check in I will have to pm her.

thanks for the sympathy about my sink fiasco!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to jaxxan

Welcome Elisa and Joyce! Glad to have you join, look forward to seeing some of your layouts!

I think I am acu on giving love!

Edited by jaxxan on 10-05-09 10:29 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to jaxxan

Well - there were a few that wanted updates on my kitchen reno. I started priming the upper cabinet doors today. Can only do 6 at a time due to floor space in the basement. Just finished the second coat. I should be able to do the third coat yet today - either much later this afternoon, or early evening. Then tomorrow I can flip them over and do the backs. Then I have 7 more upper doors to do, and 8 lower doors. The actual demolition and construction hasn't started yet. I'm hoping that after our Thanksgiving break we can start with that.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-05-09 11:11 AM
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
Hi ya Cheryl, so glad to hear about the celebration! That's awsome for him.

Lynn!!! LOVIN' the new Picture!!! Your look Marvelous (you know like Billy Crystal says it)

Thanks Kim & happy belated birhday!!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-05-09 11:21 AM
In response to Foamy

Lauren congrats on new job & keep us posted on the move!
Cheryl- how wonderful to celebrate your fathers 90th with your sister after so many years! That really is special!
Melisa & Joyce WELCOME~

I had a crazy busy weekend & just did not have a chance to stop in & say hey.... but if I woulda known about the "WHIP LADY" I would have MADE the time!

Edited by Foamy on 10-05-09 11:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Foamy

Oh Lynn, Just noticed the new picture! very nice. Yes you do look Marrrrvelllous, but also the picture of health!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-05-09 01:26 PM
In response to jaxxan

awesome new avi Lynn! can't help but repeat (in my best Billy Crystal voice) "simply mahvelous!"

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-05-09 01:40 PM
In response to GMFTS

It's Imbayliesmom (Meg) I haven't seen her here in a couple of days. PM her, I'm sure she'd be happy to help.

DH is on the fence about maybe getting a dog again. There was a home invasion in a very small town not too far from us Sunday morning. The woman was killed and the 10 year old girl's throat was slit..she's at The Children's Hospital in Boston. This strikes an even closer cord as my dh works with the husband and I had met the woman once. So the question now is...While I would like to have a dog again, especially for the added protection, do I want to get one now since we are hoping to move down south in a year or so????? We've moved before with dogs and a cat and we have rented with pets too, so I know all about that. I don't know.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-05-09 01:52 PM
In response to KimKV

Thank you to anyone that I missed who wished me a happy birthday!!

Mary that avi is a hoot!!!

Welcome to the group Melisa!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-05-09 01:56 PM
In response to KimKV

Random Question Time!!

(I'll post all the answers on the front for awhile like I did the last time)

Void this Random question! Too hard to think of just one person!!

If you could meet one famous person (celebrity, scientist, writer)who would it be AND why??

Edited by KimKV on 10-05-09 05:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
Random Question Time!!

(I'll post all the answers on the front for awhile like I did the last time)

If you could meet one famous person (celebrity, scientist, writer)who would it be AND why??

I thought I had an answer - but then I sat here and thought of far too many to list - so I will have to ponder this one for a little bit.

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-05-09 02:11 PM
In response to KristaDee

ok, I started typing & had 2 erase everything bc I realized that my answer 2 the famous person meeting question was 2 long.....I'll have 2 put some serious thought in2 this 1 & come back w/my answer LOL

also, I'm off now 2 tackle the joy of trying 2 organize my ton of supplies in a small place so I can get back 2 work LOL I'll post new pics 2morrow (provided I am able 2 get 2 the store 4 batteries LOL)

Have a gr8 evening every1 & thanks again 4 such a warm welcome

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to Eisa

Kim, I saw that news story on the news, but they didn't have the details. That is just horrible. I have 2 very big Labs and I feel better having them around because my DH works nights. If a strange car comes up our driveway they will bark, so hopefully that would run someone off.
Welcome to the group Eisa & Joyce!!
Have to think about my answer...

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes

Ah, I am off the hook!! No punishment for me today!!

My Hero
By 2girls2dogs

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-05-09 05:37 PM

New Random Easier Question!!

What is your favorite food? What is the one thing you absolutely will not eat?

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-05-09 05:39 PM
In response to KimKV

My favortie food is Mexican - Tacos and Enchiladas to be exact.

What food will I absolutely not eat - Oysters! If I want snot, I'll blow my nose!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-05-09 05:43 PM
In response to KimKV

Well done Ginny!! The Whip Dude will rest one more day!!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
New Random Easier Question!!

What is your favorite food? What is the one thing you absolutely will not eat?

Now - does Chocolate count as a food? cause if it does... Aside from chocolate - I love seafood. Shrimp, calamari, lobster, crab, fish of just about any variety.... the only problem I have with this - is that I live in land locked Manitoba - and to get it in the stores...yech! Needs to be fresh or at least fresher than the grocery stores carry.

Food I don't like - olives. That's about all that I can think of.

I was going to add - if you want to watch the progress of my kitchen, there will be photos added quite regularly in my gallery.

Edited by KristaDee on 10-05-09 05:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

LaurenBiz
Idol
LaurenBiz
In response to KristaDee

Hi all! Sorry I haven't posted since yesterday - I drove back to KC from Wisconsin today, and I'm just now on my computer!

My food answers:

FAVORITE food depends! I love chocolate chip cookies and brownies, but I love any kind of fruit smoothies, too. Non-sweets include mac&cheese, German spatzle, and mashed potatoes.

LEAST FAVORITE food is a tie between tomatoes and olives. I'm weird in that I love ketchup, salsa, tomato soup, etc., but I CANNOT eat raw tomatoes...uck!!!

LaurenBiz
Idol
LaurenBiz
In response to LaurenBiz

Haha Kim! I also must agree with the oysters and snot in your nose!!!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to LaurenBiz

After reading about oysters being like snot would that mean that having a runny nose is an aphrodisiac?? Just curious??

I will have to cull down my list of food I will and will not eat, However any food that reminds people of bodily fluids is one to put on the "not" list.

Does a really good cup of coffee count????

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-06-09 03:13 AM
In response to jaxxan

Jill. I have like a million answers to your question about runny noses, but I think all them might get mopped!!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-06-09 03:18 AM
In response to KimKV

Lauren - Glad to here things are moving along nicely for your move.

Krista - Can't wait to see more pics of the kitchen.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-06-09 04:05 AM
In response to KimKV

My husband called me on his way to work this morning. They have arrested 4 people in connecion with the murder and attempted murder I mentioned earlier. All 4 of them were teenagers!! Ages 17-18. Two have been charged with first degree murder and conspiracy to committ murder. The other two with burglary, conspiracy to commit burglary and armed robbery. I hope the have the right people. I know it doesn't take any pain away from Dave or his daughter, but hopefully it will give a little satisfaction.

OMG!! I think one of them goes to my son's school!!

Edited by KimKV on 10-06-09 04:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KimKV

That is so scary. I'm very thankful that we live in such a safe community here.

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-06-09 07:52 AM
In response to KristaDee

Hello every1!

ok fav food - tie between fetta alfredo w/chicken & shrimp, pizza and White rice & chicken

fav dessert food - almost anything chocolate LOL

LEAST fav would have 2b anchovies LOL

In other news, I thought I had found batteries 4 my camera so I can start posting some pics.....turns out, OLD batteries I forgot 2 throw out lol lol so my projects r running a bit slow but I am going 2 post some newer fam pics & I'm gonna work my way around 2 every1's gallery prob take longer than I've got 2day but I'll get 2 every1

Have a gr8 day every1

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-06-09 07:55 AM
In response to Eisa

Kim - I'm glad they caught those responsible yet can't help but feel sad by the young ages of them. It's gotta take some very disturb'd ppl 2 do something so horrible. I find it shocking (as I'm sure some of u will) that ppl still leave their doors wide open or unlock'd - I am trying 2 get my mother 2 understand why that isn't safe....

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to Eisa

Hi ladies!
Long time no talk....things have been so crazy with me lately! It seems like everything sort of planned itself all at once....
Needless to say that I have not had time to scrap....and I know that Kim will be nipping that in the bud soon!
I think I am ACU on the thread, but I will be skimming back through to see if I have missed anything...
Talk to you girls later!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-06-09 09:31 AM
In response to Eisa

I have been thinking about this a lot. How if we had not known this family, would this had been such an eye opening event for us? We have murders happen closer to us, maybe not of such a violent nature. Normally, you read of something like this and say, oh that poor family, I hope they catch the animals that did that and you go on with your life. This has me thinking about having an alarm system installed. And about things I do differently when my dh is out of town.

Oh and you know how I said one of those boys went to my son's school? HE has actually be to our house!! It was a few ago, but still.

Anyway, what a day I have had. I was hoping to scrap, but I don't know if I will or not. I ran to the store this morning to get Corned Beef Brisket (another food for my will not eat list!!) to fix for DH's birthday tomorrow. I get home and I'm looking everywhere for the receipt, can't find it. That's because I never got one! I had a message fromt he store manager to call her. Seems both the cashier and I were not paying attention to what we were doing, I never finished pushing all those dang buttons and she never amt tendered. So, guess who paid for the lady behind me?? Yep, me!! Figures too, cause I know who was behind because she was a pain in my a$$ while I was shopping too!! So I had to go back up to the store and get a cash refund. What a pain!!

Edited by KimKV on 10-06-09 09:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to pollywog

My favorite food(s)= Corned beef hash on toast; guacamole; Phish Food ice cream by Ben & Jerry's

Food(s) I don't like= Anything malted (Whoppers, milk shakes....ugh!); green olives; shrimp of any kind

I'm hungry now!

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to pollywog

Kim, it IS such an eye opening experience. I went to school (and was in the same class) with a girl that was kidnapped and murdered by other kids that had all went to school with us. It was very sad. And I know it definitely effected me, because she was my age and occasionally sat at the same lunch table as me. It was eerie to think about that when I imagined the pain and horror she must have endured right up until the time of her death. I still think about her, and I graduated in '03. It's tragic that some people can do this to others and not think about the consequences.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-06-09 09:39 AM
In response to pollywog

I just can't even fathom what must go on in someone's mind. This was just brutal, the mom died from multiple puncture wounds to her head, arms, chest and legs. So many lives have been forever changed by this.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-06-09 09:45 AM
In response to pollywog

• pollywog Said:
Hi ladies!
Long time no talk....things have been so crazy with me lately! It seems like everything sort of planned itself all at once....
Needless to say that I have not had time to scrap....and I know that Kim will be nipping that in the bud soon!
I think I am ACU on the thread, but I will be skimming back through to see if I have missed anything...
Talk to you girls later!

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
  • pollywog Said:
Hi ladies!
Talk to you girls later!

I know, I know!!!!!

LaurenBiz
Idol
LaurenBiz
In response to pollywog

Good afternoon! Wow, Kim, I've been reading about the attempted murder details. That kinda stuff is scary, and if you feel like an alarm will help with peace of mind, I say go for it!

But, it's definitely an eerie fact knowing that the one kid has been at your house before...

This is why I always ask God to keep me safe!!!

I just scrapped a birthday card for a cousin and I'm loading it into my gallery right now.

Have a good rest of Monday, everyone

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-06-09 11:55 AM
In response to LaurenBiz

• LaurenBiz Said:
Good afternoon! Wow, Kim, I've been reading about the attempted murder details. That kinda stuff is scary, and if you feel like an alarm will help with peace of mind, I say go for it!

But, it's definitely an eerie fact knowing that the one kid has been at your house before...

This is why I always ask God to keep me safe!!!

I just scrapped a birthday card for a cousin and I'm loading it into my gallery right now.

Have a good rest of Monday, everyone

I don't know... should we tell Lauren that it is Tuesday?
But how crazy is this... I read this and had to check to be sure that I was right...

umm fav food:
oh dear the list is endless but first I have to mention one that keeps showing up on the UNfav lists: OLIVES! I love olives!! Love em, love em! that was one of the best things about going to Spain - olives!
and then I guess I would have to say cheese! and apples... and most veggies... and my spaghetti with sausage and apple pie and oatmeal cookies ... and crab cakes and scallops and New England clam chowdah and .....
ok - one specific food that I cannot touch: LIVER!
and any game meat.... ICK

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to GMFTS

Kim, I have been watching on the news and we were talking about it at work today, just so sad. I hope the daughter is OK, although I'm sure she will have a long emotional recovery. And they are just kids, I guess their intent was to kill before they even broke in.

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes

Fav food, anything Mexican and buffalo chicken pizza(which is what we are having tonight!)
Least fav, I agree with Lauren tomatoes, love salsa but not a raw tomato, just thinking about makes me sick to my stomach!

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes

I saw that there is a 3rd Jaff group forming, what a popular theme!

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-06-09 01:04 PM

Usually, while it is a shame, it takes something happening close 2 us all 4 us 2 open our eyes. Our everyday lives can keep us so busy that we get lost in it & forget about what is important. I don't like 2 say it wouldn't b an eye opener if I didn't kno who the ppl were...I'd rather say, it was a much needed reminder. I think that is what it is all about. It's what helps keep us all grounded. @ the end of the day I doubt there is any1 out there that would say they r NOT grateful 4 their loved ones.

My heart breaks 4 what this family will endure in the year 2 come trying 2 get a hold on their lives & find a way 2 keep moving. No death, no matter how peaceful, is easy 2 handle.

Kim - i would defnitely consider the alarm - especially w/the economy the way it is, ppl WILL become more & more desperate so every1 should take any steps in their power 2 protect their loved ones. It's such a shame that there r so many ppl out there that can do things like that 2 ppl like it's nothing.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-06-09 01:58 PM

• 2girls2dogs Said:
Kim, I have been watching on the news and we were talking about it at work today, just so sad. I hope the daughter is OK, although I'm sure she will have a long emotional recovery. And they are just kids, I guess their intent was to kill before they even broke in.

That's what they are saying on the news. My son told me and I seem to remember him saying this in the past, that the Spader boy has tried to kill his parents before.

They say the daughter will recovery physically. But the scars of what happened and lossing her mom, I see a lot of counseling in the future for her and dad!!

We are really struggling with this, I think it's because we know them and the one boy. Plus I just heard on the news that one of them was from the town I live in, I didn't realize this.

I told Hubby I want an alarm or a dog or both!!

LaurenBiz
Idol
LaurenBiz
In response to KimKV

Haha! Yes, someone remind me that today is Tuesday!!!

I had a crazy moment...

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-06-09 02:48 PM
In response to LaurenBiz

UGH!! on a somewhat lighter note....I was not able 2 find my pics 2 upload them nor did I make it 2 the store 2 buy batteries

BOOO 2 ME!! lol

oh well, there's always 2morrow

I prob won't get 2 get back on here 2nite so i'll say an early G'nite 2 u all & look forward 2 chatting 2morrow

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-06-09 04:13 PM
In response to Eisa

I like Olives too. I bought some that have Jalapeno and Galic gloves in them, OMGosh! They are so, so good!!!!

Guacamole, I can't believe I forgot that!! We used go to On the Border just for their Gauc live.

I have decided, I am not leaving my house tomorrow, I will either be in my scraproom scrapping, or due to the fact I didn't do it today, in the laundry room!! So be on alert!!! I'll be posting a page or two!!!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
I like Olives too. I bought some that have Jalapeno and Galic gloves in them, OMGosh! They are so, so good!!!!

Guacamole, I can't believe I forgot that!! We used go to On the Border just for their Gauc live.

I have decided, I am not leaving my house tomorrow, I will either be in my scraproom scrapping, or due to the fact I didn't do it today, in the laundry room!! So be on alert!!! I'll be posting a page or two!!!

I don't normally point out spelling errors. But I did get quite the chuckle out of your Galic (or Gaelic as I read it) Gloves. Wonder how you stuff those into olives. LOL

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to KristaDee

Kim, I was so sorry to hear about the tragedy in your area. I don't blame you for wanting a dog and/or an alarm system! We have a huge meth problem here and more home invasions and bold day-time robberies are happening all the time. They are mostly targeting the elderly, believing they keep large amounts of cash on hand, I guess. My thoughts and prayers are with the injured girl tonight.

Eisa, you must be a texter!! Hope you get the camera situation fixed soon so you can post!

Favorite food: anything Italian

Least favorite food: I am with Lauren and Ginny! I hate tomatoes! It's so nice to meet fellow haters because I get razzed about it a lot. I love tomato soup, tomato sauces (on my pasta!), salsa...but a tomato...blech!! I also will not eat sauerkraut.

Goodnight ladies!

Karen

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-07-09 03:08 AM
In response to KristaDee

• KristaDee Said:
  • KimKV Said:

I don't normally point out spelling errors. But I did get quite the chuckle out of your Galic (or Gaelic as I read it) Gloves. Wonder how you stuff those into olives. LOL

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to KimKV

Good morning all, it is a very rainy day here. Perfect for staying in and scrapping. But I have to take DD to school, work, grocery store,...all the fun things!! Hope everyone has a great day!

LaurenBiz
Idol
LaurenBiz

Good morning!

Karen, you sound like me...you hate tomatoes but you love tomato-based foods, like sauce on your Italian food :-D

This may be a silly question, but do I recall that we're supposed to upload our new projects in our gallery also into our thread here? I have that idea, and I think someone said that. But please someone refresh my memory.

Everyone enjoy your WEDNESDAY! I'm on the ball today :-D

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to LaurenBiz

Morning ladies!
I didn't get to scrap last night, because I was doing some much-needed cleaning....but I plan to scrap tonight! We will see what I can come up with! I have been surfing the galleries and I have inspiration coming out of my ears!

Hope everyone has a great day!

cheryljunegirl
Queen
cheryljunegirl
In response to pollywog

Kim- such a tragedy...so sad and so scary. I would definitely invest in an alarm system.

Lauren- I have to laugh at the wrong day situation...I never know what day it is.

The favorite/least favorite food question is tough for me. Well at least the favorite food. I LOVE food. I'm addicted to the food network. It really depends on my mood to what I love. I love a really good steak, ribs, Mexican food, really good Italian, grilled salmon, warm creamy soups and right now yummy apple desserts. I gotta go with the liver for my least favorite...I just don't like the texture AT ALL. Lima beans as well...I can eat them in soup, but just on there own it is a lot like liver to me.

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-07-09 08:07 AM
In response to cheryljunegirl

Greetings everyone! well, where I am (NJ) it was rainy this morning making the school drop off a bit crazy but has turned out 2b quite a beautiful day

I actually have alot on my agenda 4 2day - part of which is 2 tackle my other photo storage 4 pics 2 add 2 my Gallery & work on my scrap space - holidays r here so that means lots of crafts 4 the kids

I wish every1 a very productive & wonderful day & hopefully my next post will b 2 let u kno I have gotten my act together & have new stuff posted LOL

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-07-09 08:20 AM

Happy Wednesday everyone.

Kim, how awful for that poor girl and also for the families of those boys... and for your town... hideous is the only word I can think of to describe these kinds of things.
and how chilling for you to realize that you have had one of those boys in your home.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-07-09 08:22 AM
In response to GMFTS

today is my mother's 87th birthday. she has been gone many many years but I can't help observe her special day anyway.

cheryljunegirl
Queen
cheryljunegirl
In response to GMFTS

• gramary Said:
today is my mother's 87th birthday. she has been gone many many years but I can't help observe her special day anyway.

hugs to you!

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-07-09 09:02 AM

Birthdays 2 me r HUGE - it's the day u enter'd the world...it should always b special whether u r alive or have passed...I don't care how old u r I believe every1 should have a cake & feel like its their very own special day

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-07-09 01:11 PM
In response to Eisa

• Eisa Said:
Birthdays 2 me r HUGE - it's the day u enter'd the world...it should always b special whether u r alive or have passed...I don't care how old u r I believe every1 should have a cake & feel like its their very own special day

my sentiments exactly...
and now that I am beyond the first blush of youth I no longer settle for birthDAYS... I have birth Seasons!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-07-09 03:10 PM
In response to GMFTS

Okay, I did three pages today - Who's next???

Christmas Decorations
By KimKV

On Two Wheels
By KimKV

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-07-09 03:14 PM
In response to KimKV

Lauren - Yes, share all of your projects with us!!!

Mary - We always stop and remember our loved ones that have passed away on their birthdays too.

Today is hubby's birthday, he got corned beef brisket for dinner. He only get 2 or 3 times a week.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KimKV

good morning all. We leave this afternoon for my parents for Thanksgiving.

LaurenBiz
Idol
LaurenBiz
In response to KristaDee

Good (rainy) morning-

OK, I will figure out how to link my cards to the thread that I just made.

I am enjoying my current phase of free time right now until I start my new job in November. So I will try to scrap some more today!

Everyone have a good THURSDAY! I'm getting good at knowing my days now :-D

LaurenBiz
Idol
LaurenBiz
In response to LaurenBiz

Hello again-

Here are the two cards I made Monday for some cousins of mine.

This card is for my mom's first cousin, George, who will be 70 on Oct 24! They grew up together, so he seems more like an uncle to me and a brother to her.

We have five 'Stupids' in the family. He is the original, and then they go by age. My mom is 'Stupid 2,' and so on. I am 'Stupid 5.' So, calling him 'Stupid' on the card is not insulting - it's just a silly inside name-calling joke that my family has always had!

'A Big Day for 'Stupid!' ' Card By LaurenBiz

And now George/'Stupid' is also now a grandpa! His son, Russ, and his wife just had their first baby. They live in San Diego. So I made Russ and Yolande a 'kudos' card for Holden, the new addition :-)

'Kudos' Card By LaurenBiz

I'm off! Bye bye for now.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-08-09 06:33 AM
In response to LaurenBiz

Good Morning ladies! Pouring down raining today! Suppose to be up to 4" in next 24 hours. Time to get the fall rain gear out.

Let's see my favorite food would have to be Cheese...any kinda cheese. Especially with wine LOL
My least favorite food is seafood... Ugggg cant even swallow.

Love the work Kim & Lauren!
Krista have fun with family!
It is thanksgiving in Canada this weekend correct?

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Foamy

• Foamy Said:
Good Morning ladies! Pouring down raining today! Suppose to be up to 4" in next 24 hours. Time to get the fall rain gear out.

Let's see my favorite food would have to be Cheese...any kinda cheese. Especially with wine LOL

Yes that's right. The 12th to be exact. So the kids get a long weekend, and Cody just gets a longer one. He gets to miss school tomorrow.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-08-09 07:55 AM
In response to KristaDee

• KristaDee Said:
  • Foamy Said:

Yes that's right. The 12th to be exact. So the kids get a long weekend, and Cody just gets a longer one. He gets to miss school tomorrow.

Ohh long weekend! that is always fun! Enjoy!

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to KristaDee

Happy Thanksgiving, Krista! I've always thought the holiday made more sense in October since it is closer to the end of harvest. I hope it is a fun time for your fam with lots of good food and fellowship. Take lots of pictures too!

Lauren, I left you some love already on your cards. They are so cheerful and fun! Love the whole "stupid" thing! Enjoy this free time and scrap your heart out, girl!

Kim, THREE pages??? We are all impressed! I'll stop by to leave some comments. Keep this streak going! I have a couple to add and more to take photos of, so I'm kinda on a streak too! Woo Hoo!!

Hi Lynn! Sure do like your new avi photo! Guess what? I don't care for most seafood either. When friends want to go to Red Lobster, I tell them I have to wash my hair that day!

Mary, my parents are in their 80s and I realize how precious every day is. I'm glad you honor your mom on her birthday. I read once that a person's greatest fear when they lose a loved one is that that person will be forgotten. You remembered your mom and your friends here are remembering her too!

Hey ladies, send some rain my way! Maybe not 4" but a good downpour would be nice. It's still in the 80s here and dry, dry, dry. I'm not sure the leaves will even bother to turn this year. They're so dry, they'll probably just give up and jump off the branches.

Off to take my mom to her weekly hair appointment...

Karen

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-08-09 08:10 AM
In response to kanary

good morning! sunny here but cold and windy...
Krista have a Happy Thanksgiving!
I too always thought that Canada has it right... Thanksgiving when the Harvest comes in... and believe me I am pretty sure the Pilgrims probably had it earlier than November too...
they didn't have snow shovels and they would have needed them to clear a path for their guests if they waited till Nov.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-08-09 08:12 AM
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:

Mary - We always stop and remember our loved ones that have passed away on their birthdays too.

Today is hubby's birthday, he got corned beef brisket for dinner. He only get 2 or 3 times a week.

wow! that often?

I cracked up when I read that...especially since you said you don't like it...

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-08-09 08:20 AM
In response to GMFTS

Lauren I just love your cards...you put so many perfect little details on them...
It took an hour last night to make a very basic card... and it could use your touch for sure.

BTW - my bday is in January... and you can call me stupid if that helps!

Edited by gramary on 10-08-09 08:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-08-09 09:55 AM
In response to GMFTS

Hello All!

I was unable 2 get on here yesterday but am here 2day It's been a pretty busy day so I don't have a lot of free time 2day but I am determined 2 make some LOL

I was only able 2 find 1 photo 2 add 2 my gallery but hopefully will make it 2 the store 2day (I need batteries) & will post more soon

On my way 2 leave some luv on some galleries!!

Have a gr8 day every1

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-08-09 01:18 PM
In response to GMFTS

• gramary Said:
  • KimKV Said:

wow! that often?

I cracked up when I read that...especially since you said you don't like it...

OH NO!!! I better print a Correction!! That should read "2 or 3 times a YEAR!! Not Week!!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-08-09 01:26 PM
In response to KimKV

Hello!! Chatty today, I like it!!! I was runnig all over town today. Went to Mike's, then to Target, Staples, the vet's office for cat food and then finally to Wallyworld to buy groceries. Then, I had to carry all the stuff I bought upstairs by myself. I'm tired.

Happy Thanksgiving Krista!!

Lauren, you're doing very good keeping your days straight!! LOL!! Great cards! Your xplaining the STupid on your card is similar to my disclaimer on DS's ATV page. I put that there because everytime I posted a layout like that people would say how he should wear a helmet. I got so tired of it that I stopped postin layouts like that.

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-08-09 04:57 PM
In response to KimKV

Hey every1 so I FINALLY posted pics of an album I recently finish'd - Lucky 4 me my mother had a camera w/good batteries LOL LOL Pls stop by & let me know what u think.

4 the members whose galleries I have not visited yet, I did not forget u LOL I will continue my gallery hopping 2morrow

Also, 2morrow I will post pics of the space I am turning in2 my scrap space - pls feel free 2 pass ur ideas my way - I need all the help I can get - u'll see in the pics how small the space is LOL LOL

Have a gr8 evening every1 - I'm off 2 watch 1 of my fav shows....GREY'S ANATOMY followed by Private Practice (although i'll have 2 fight off my 6yr old bc she LUVS project runway & it comes on the same time LOL)

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-08-09 04:59 PM
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
Hello!! Chatty today, I like it!!! I was runnig all over town today. Went to Mike's, then to Target, Staples, the vet's office for cat food and then finally to Wallyworld to buy groceries. Then, I had to carry all the stuff I bought upstairs by myself. I'm tired.

Happy Thanksgiving Krista!!

Lauren, you're doing very good keeping your days straight!! LOL!! Great cards! Your xplaining the STupid on your card is similar to my disclaimer on DS's ATV page. I put that there because everytime I posted a layout like that people would say how he should wear a helmet. I got so tired of it that I stopped postin layouts like that.

LOL I totally understand the "disclaimers" LOL ppl sometimes read 2 much in2 things

I second the Happy Thanksgiving Krista hope it was memorable!

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to Eisa

Good morning all!

Kim, I was actually scrapping last night! Although I had to leave the page in progress, because my boyfriend fixed dinner for us. Of course I ate too much then, and didn't move off the couch for the rest of the night!
But as soon as I get it done, I will post it!

HAPPY FRIDAY!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-09-09 04:59 AM
In response to pollywog

Happy Dance for Hollie!!

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to KimKV

Hollie, your evening sounded like mine. My DH made Chili last night and I ate WAY too much and just got really lazy and didn't do anything else for the evening.
I am going to attempt to get some scrapping done today, we will see if the kids cooperate. The big ones are usually OK, it is the 18 month old that loves to play with all the stuff. And my 5 month old is just happy to sit and stare at me.

cheryljunegirl
Queen
cheryljunegirl

Great new projects everyone! No paper crafting for me today...it is house cleaning time...ugh!

Happy Thanksgiving Krista!

Hi all!

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes

Just something to share!

Boo!
By 2girls2dogs

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
Happy Dance for Hollie!!

Thanks!
I am gonna be on a roll tonight too! I'm going over to a friend's to scrap! YAY!

pollywog
Expert
pollywog

• 2girls2dogs Said:
Hollie, your evening sounded like mine. My DH made Chili last night and I ate WAY too much and just got really lazy and didn't do anything else for the evening.
I am going to attempt to get some scrapping done today, we will see if the kids cooperate. The big ones are usually OK, it is the 18 month old that loves to play with all the stuff. And my 5 month old is just happy to sit and stare at me.

We had my favorite....cheesy hashbrowns with hamburger. I had 2 bowls! I was a little sluggish after that. Boyfriend carried me to the bedroom because I didn't want to get off the couch! How sad!

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-09-09 09:24 AM
In response to pollywog

Hey every1!!! Hope u all r having gr8 days! I was able 2 sleep in a bit this morning (my daughter's school is closed - got up @ 9am)

I have been very busy organizing my scraft space 4 the small space I have I'm doing my best LOL - once I'm finish'd I will post b4 & after pics..pls let me kno what u think

I'll also stop by & leave some luv on some galleries

HAPPY FRI!!!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-09-09 10:23 AM
In response to Eisa

hi friends! Iwas able to scrap yesterday!
Here is my lo! I will be back tonight to catch up! Going to go out for dinner & need to run a few errands first (blah!) Hate errand running!

All Things Grow With Love
By Foamy

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-09-09 12:37 PM

Dont' shoot!!!

I did a couple of simple two page spreads, that took me all day pretty much. Well the first two pages did. First I stamped the title - HATED IT!! So then I had to A- Figure out how to hide it. B- Find some paper that would match and C- figure out how to put the new title on. Tried rub ons first, but they wouldn't, so I just wrote it with a calligraphy pen and then traced over that with a gold glitter pen. Cake - huh??

I found the pattern paper on these while I was at Mike's yesterday. They just screamed - HEY!! We would be great on those replacing the floor pics you've been meaning to scrap. So, pulled them out and scrapped them.

Before, During
By KimKV

And During And After!
By KimKV

Edited by KimKV on 10-09-09 12:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to Foamy

Lynn, love your LO and left you some well deserved praise!!

Ginny, off to leave you some praise too! Soooo cute!

Here's another page for the "flat" Disney album. I don't often do mirror two-pagers but this one was fun and simple.

Happy Friday everyone!

Our Goofy Family *2-page LO*
By Kanary

Karen

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to kanary

Kim, our posts crossed! All I can say is, YOU GO GIRL! Off to leave you some love....

Karen

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-09-09 12:50 PM
In response to kanary

LOL Karen!!

Lynn, I just left your blog, totally awesome sound track you got ont here. No I gotta go my Stevie Ray Vaughn CD and put in the stereo!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-09-09 01:00 PM
In response to KimKV

aww look at all the scrapping going on in here!
I was up till 1:30 making swap items... that is my scrapping for the week.

Off to visit my ds and kids in MD so see you all on Tuesday.
have a super weekend and happy Columbus Day.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-09-09 01:04 PM
In response to GMFTS

Happy Columbus day Mary, have a safe trip.

You all do realize that once Karen has finished this flat album for her friend, that the first page she does for herself is going to have so many lumpy, bumpy, thick dimensional stuff on it that we may actually be able to feel them through our monitors!!!

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to KimKV

You don't know how right you are, Kim!!

I get to scrap with a friend all day tomorrow and I'm sooooo looking forward to it! More flat pages to come! I think I may have to sneak in a dog LO though, 'cause I'm having withdrawal symptoms!

Karen

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-09-09 02:56 PM
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
LOL Karen!!

Lynn, I just left your blog, totally awesome sound track you got ont here. No I gotta go my Stevie Ray Vaughn CD and put in the stereo!

thanks for visiting!! Love my blues!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-09-09 03:01 PM
In response to Foamy

Thanks for all the gallery love!You guys are too sweet!

Kim I love how you documented the flooring change! wow what a change! It looks awesome! I want to put on my fuzzy sox & Sliiiiiiide across that hardwood floor!

Karen awesome lo! The red really pops off the page! Plus I love the photo corners! it is a great touch!

Brrrr feels like November here. Rainy & very chilly

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Foamy

• Quote:
You all do realize that once Karen has finished this flat album for her friend, that the first page she does for herself is going to have so many lumpy, bumpy, thick dimensional stuff on it that we may actually be able to feel them through our monitors!!!

Oh yeah Kim, I am so looking forward to that layout from her!

I think I am all acu giving gallery love! Let me know if I missed someone!

LaurenBiz
Idol
LaurenBiz
In response to jaxxan

Hi guys-

Have you ever gone to a SB convention/expo deal?

My mom just found out from another lady she works with that there is a big convention this weekend in KC. It is about 30 min. north of me, but I think I'll go just to see what it's like. I don't know what to expect, but I assume I can shop around and buy some things!

OK that's all. I have an early morning because I'm going to a pancake breakfast fundraiser tomorrow.

Have a good weekend :-D

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to LaurenBiz

I have been to an expo but not a "ck" type convention. The expo's have crops, classes and giveaways.
Yes, there is a big place to shop with alot of demos. The only advice I will give is know your prices! Just because it is an expo doesn't mean product is cheaper.
With that said I did find cricut full carts for 39.99. I know some people got great deals on paper.

Enjoy your pancakes, have fun at the expo and come back tell us what you bought!

vmachef ANGELA
Mayor
vmachef ANGELA
In response to pollywog

HELLO EVERYONE I KNOW I BEING MIA BUT WORKING A LOT AND TAKING CARE OF SOME OF MY FAMILY BEING SICK. I HAVE NOT TOUCH ANY OF MY SCRAP SUPPLIES AND I AM DYING. I KNOW I HAVE NOT HAD TIME TO COMMENT ON ALL YOUR LO BUT I PROMISE I WILL GET CAUGHT UP SOON.

HUGS TO ALL MY FORUM FRIEND BIG HUG AND HOPPING TO POST SOME WORK SOON!!!

ANGELA

vmachef ANGELA
Mayor
vmachef ANGELA
In response to LaurenBiz

• LaurenBiz Said:
Hello again-

Here are the two cards I made Monday for some cousins of mine.

This card is for my mom's first cousin, George, who will be 70 on Oct 24! They grew up together, so he seems more like an uncle to me and a brother to her.

We have five 'Stupids' in the family. He is the original, and then they go by age. My mom is 'Stupid 2,' and so on. I am 'Stupid 5.' So, calling him 'Stupid' on the card is not insulting - it's just a silly inside name-calling joke that my family has always had!

'A Big Day for 'Stupid!' ' Card By LaurenBiz

And now George/'Stupid' is also now a grandpa! His son, Russ, and his wife just had their first baby. They live in San Diego. So I made Russ and Yolande a 'kudos' card for Holden, the new addition :-)

'Kudos' Card By LaurenBiz

I'm off! Bye bye for now.

LAUREN LOVELY CARDS!!!

Page 4 of 48 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics