Page 5 of 48 
Username Post: JAFF (Just A Few Friends)        (Topic#1515743)
kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to vmachef ANGELA

Hi Angela! We've missed you! Sure hope life calms down soon for you so you can get some scrapping done. I love seeing your work in the gallery!

Lauren, I agree with Jill. Going to the expos is really fun and you can find some great bargains, but some manufacturers will try to fool you. The last Expo I went to they sold Bazzill cs by the pound and you could pick your own colors. THAT was a good deal! Also, this ribbon company sold all of their ribbon for 20 cents/yard! That included the really expensive stuff too, even the pom-poms.

I'm going to Scrapbook Expo in Sacramento two weeks from now and for the first time, I will be taking three classes. I'm hoping to meet up with some friends from SB.com too!

Thanks for all the love on my Disney pages, ladies!

Karen

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to kanary

Lauren, have fun at the expo! I haven't ever been to anything like that. I am going to try to go to CKC when it comes here in May. I didn't get to go this year because I was busy having a baby!! Hopefully it won't be on her birthday next year and I can go!
We are taking the kids out today, don't know where we will end up. But we are suppossed to have beautiful fall weather. Hope everyone has a great day!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-10-09 05:14 AM

Hi Angela!!! We've missed you. Hope everyone is getting better and you have so you time soon!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-10-09 05:16 AM
In response to KimKV

SHOP Lauren Shop!!!

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-10-09 06:15 AM
In response to LaurenBiz

• LaurenBiz Said:
Hi guys-

Have you ever gone to a SB convention/expo deal?

My mom just found out from another lady she works with that there is a big convention this weekend in KC. It is about 30 min. north of me, but I think I'll go just to see what it's like. I don't know what to expect, but I assume I can shop around and buy some things!

OK that's all. I have an early morning because I'm going to a pancake breakfast fundraiser tomorrow.

Have a good weekend :-D

I have never been 2 any bc there is never 1 near me or close enough 4 me 2 drive 2

Have a gr8 time & PLEASE fill us in on how it was I have 2 live vicariously thru u LOL

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-10-09 06:17 AM
In response to Eisa

Hi every1!

I am actually soaking up my child-free weekend LOL my daughter is spending the weekend w/family from her dad's side (I'm closer 2 them than he is - i kno it's sad LOL) what ever will I do w/this time?! LOL

Since I did most of my cleaning yesterday.....I HAVE TIME 2 WORK ON SOME PGS!! YEA!!! lol yes, it's the little things that bring me joy LOL

Off 2 post some b4 & after pics of my scrap space & check out some galleries....Have a gr8 day!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-11-09 05:17 AM
In response to Eisa

Good morning my lovely JAFFs!!! How is everyone today? I am great! My headache is finally gone!!!

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 10-11-09 05:23 AM
In response to KimKV

nope your headache isnot gone I was just hiding--I'M BBBAAAACCCKKKKK!! hehehe!

what is sphinx sistas??

oh yeah and you never told me what color you were painting with

also its been quiet on the other threads been meaning to pm you about that--hehe the whip got them hehe!

hmmm what else lets see nothing just wanted to make sure I had your attention--ok bye for now!!

mojosmaddy
Guru
mojosmaddy
In response to zrock

Whew! HI girls! Chatty and Busy! That is good to see.

I was busy this past week finalizing things for my BOAF holiday swap and then I had to pack for the Swarm I went to yesterday.

I am just as slow a packer as I am scrapper.

We got to the swarm at 8 a.m. Sat. and then left at 2. I managed to complete ONE CARD the whole time there.

However, I did cut out some kewl guitars and such to make some cards for Royal Family Kids Camp, a camp for battered, abused and neglected children.

If you are interested in making cards for these kids, let me know and I will pass along the info so you can help too.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-11-09 08:57 AM
In response to mojosmaddy

Lauren ~~ Ohh I hope you go to the CK convention! iT IS AWESOME! I was a greeter at the STL CKC & had a blast! A couple ladies from here recognized me as I was greeting & we got to chat it up! We are going to meet next year for lunch!
It was QueenofBoyz& LisaLu! The pic is a little blurry.. but we were getting trampled by 50,000 women with scissors that were wanting to get in the hall! I was suppose to be letting them in.. but was "posing" instead LOL
[url=http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 2072275.html] Queenofboyz

Edited by Foamy on 10-11-09 05:10 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-11-09 09:42 AM
In response to Foamy

Hello Every1

Hope u r all having gr8 days!! I am enjoying the last bit of my ME time LOL b4 my DD comes home from her uncle's

Didn't scrap any pgs yet - enjoy'd my new space tho LOL

I also work'd on my scrapping notebook - where most of my inspiration is stored....well, hope 2 chat again soon

LaurenBiz
Idol
LaurenBiz
In response to Eisa

Hello! I'm back, and the CKC Convention was so fun!

Unlike Lynn, I didn't recognize any actual people there, but that would've been dun. Something interesting was that I did recognize some LOs that were on display at the My Creative Scrapbook booth. I recognized some of RetroJulie's and GabrielleP's works. The guy who was working the booth told me that they were on the design team.

Even though the booths were set up on just one side of the convention center (so, taking up half the space in the big room,) I still had tons of stuff to look at, and lots to do. I really liked the little demos at some booths. I don't really know anything about embossing or 'special' stamping, I call it (using Stazon Inks with flocking or glitter with stamps,) and so it was nice to see those demos to really understand how things are done.

I bought right under $40 worth of stuff. I'm happy that I go to Hobby Lobby and other stores often that I have an idea of what the typical prices are of products. I could spot some great deals, and some so-called 'deals' that weren't worth my $$$ at the convention.

I didn't really know what to expect since this was my first time, but I thought it was great! My mom doesn't do scrapping, but she is an elementary math teacher, and she found some products that she'll use with counting lessons. She decided that she loves the mini albums, though! She wouldn't stop talking about them whenever we'd see one at a booth.

Here's my picture :-D

My first CKC Convention :-) By LaurenBiz

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to LaurenBiz

Lauren , sounds like you had fun. I hope I get to go next year. I have a free afternoon and hopefully can finish a page I have been working on all week. My DH is home and watching football, so we are both here to watch the kids.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-11-09 01:17 PM
In response to GinnyHughes

Lauren glad you had fun!!! I've been to two CKC's they are a blast. I went to the first alone. This year I met Provinca aka Anna from here there and we shopped like crazy women!!! WE met at 10:00 and I think it was almost 5:00 before we left and we didn't break for lunch until 2:30!!!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-11-09 03:25 PM
In response to KimKV

So glad you had fun Lauren! Pam from My Creative Scrapbook said the convention was a huge success! I was so flattered to be was asked to be their Guest Designer for November!! I am nervous LOL.
I have used her kits since November 2008 & love them. ( That is not a sales pitch friends.... just the truth!)
Lovin all the goodies!

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-11-09 04:48 PM
In response to Foamy

Sounds like u had a gr8 time Lauren

I would luv it if 1 day a convention would b close 2 where I am - everytime I talk 2 some1 who has it always sounds fun

I'm off 2 get some last minute chores done b4 my DD gets home.

G'nite all!

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to Eisa

Hi Ladies! Why do the weekends fly by???

Lauren, I'm so glad you enjoyed the expo experience! Looks like you found some great stuff too! I hope I don't spend too much at SB Expo in Sacramento next weekend!! $40 sounds like a good budget! I made a very short list of must-haves that I'm hoping to find.

Got to scrap with a buddy all day Saturday and completed TWO pages! Here's one of 'em. I forgot to link the second one, so I'll post it below this one.

Karen

Dancing with Mickey and Minnie
By Kanary

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to kanary

Here's the second one! Thanks for looking!!

Karen

Celebrate!
By Kanary

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to kanary

Just popping in to say Good Morning!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-12-09 04:39 AM

Good morning ladies, I was lazy this morning and went back to bed after dh left. DS has the day off, so I figured what the heck!! Now to get moving and start some laundry, figure out what's for dinner and so on...

cheryljunegirl
Queen
cheryljunegirl
In response to KimKV

hi all! hope everyone had a great weekend! it sure sounds like you did Lauren...so fun!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-12-09 06:33 AM
In response to KimKV

Happy Monday Friends!

Karen awesome new work! I really love the polka dots... they work perfectly!
Also you mentioned that you scrapped with a buddy.. how fun!

I am a solo scrapper... anyone else out there not able to crop or scrap with others?? Ohhhhh I hope that doesnt make me sound mean LOL!!

Kim it is good to take it easy some mornings! We did same thing today too! Only now I feel Waaaayyy behind! Oh is there ever a happy medium~

Edited by Foamy on 10-12-09 06:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to Foamy

I am a better lone scrapper, seems like I get to distracted with others around, but I love the socializing!
Here is a page that I finally finished last night, looks better IRL. I used Glossy Accents for the first time and I am addicted!!!

Megan
By 2girls2dogs

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-12-09 10:12 AM

Greetings fellow scrappers!!

I 2 luv 2 socialize & share w/others but find that I get more done & am more focused if I'm alone LOL

My cousin (she's a yr older than me) & I r actually going 2 start scrapping 2gether....we have a hard time finding free time w/our kids so we're attempting 2 start a scrap day where we get 2gether twice a month & scrap 2gether...it may blossom from there but that's all we can commit 2 rite now. we'll see how it goes LOL

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-12-09 10:13 AM
In response to Eisa

I am now off 2 take care of my daughter who is sick

mite as well get some laundry done 2 LOL

HAVE A GOOD 1

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to Eisa

Eisa, hope your daughter feels better!
We are preparing for a cold night here! The wood is stacked and ready for the stove, the weather is forcasting a dusting to 3 inches of snow tonight. I am soooo not ready for winter!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-12-09 02:44 PM

I dropped below freezing last night!! Snow up north tonight - BRRRRRRR

I've tried to scrap at crops, but I just can't. Not only because of the talking, but because I'm not good at planning layouts ahead of time, so I never now what I might want or need to use. I just, to me, seems sort of silly to pack all of your stuff up from your room to take somewhere else.

So, I had time to scrap today and just couldn't get in the mood, I tried but all I could come up with is this:

Memorabilia
By KimKV

This stuff is from the cruise we took in 2006!!

Veteran
In response to KimKV

new to scrapbooking - can i join ur group?

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to drpayne

Hey all - I'm home and exhausted! We had so much fun! Found out that my Baby Sister and her hubby are going to make a move!!! They are moving back to Saskatchewan from British Colombia. My BIL got a job in Saskatoon - so she will be in the same city as my other sister, and only 3 hours from Mom. She will still be 8 hours from me, but I can make that trip in one day, instead of the almost three it takes to get to B.C. So that's really exciting!

I will have to go back to page 19 to comment, just wanted to stop by to say hi. (and good night!)

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-12-09 06:16 PM

• 2girls2dogs Said:
Eisa, hope your daughter feels better!
We are preparing for a cold night here! The wood is stacked and ready for the stove, the weather is forcasting a dusting to 3 inches of snow tonight. I am soooo not ready for winter!

Thanks Ginny she's in 1st grade & the new policy here is that a child has 2b fever free 4 @ least 24hours b4 they can go 2 school so she's gotta stay home 2morrow but I'm hoping that's all LOL I'm in school (online - UOP) rite now so I'm home but still it's hard 2 get house things done w/a sick six yr old LOL

yea it's starting 2 get pretty cold where I live - altho not below freezing like u Kim THANK GOD lol don't get me wrong I LUV the cold & snow but I don't like being cold if that makes sense LOL

Well, I'm off 2 bed - I wasn't able 2 get a pg done like I'd plann'd but 2morrow is another day

I skim the threads so if any1 knos of a really good challenge going on rite now pls let me kno also, I did my best 2 make it 2 every1's galleries (I'll try 2 visit @ least 2x's a wk) but if I miss'd u PLEASE let me kno

G'nite all

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-12-09 06:24 PM
In response to Eisa

ok...1 last thing b4 I go 2 bed - I have seen so many gr8 LO's that I began 2 wonder....please answer the 3 questions if u don't mind

I luv 2 share ideas & learn new things

what do u use 4 inspiration?

How long does it take u generally 2 finish a pg?

when u plan a LO what steps do u take?

vmachef ANGELA
Mayor
vmachef ANGELA
In response to KimKV

HAPPY MONDAY YOU ALL!!! I WAS ABLE TO SCRAP SOME THIS WEEKEND BUT SPEND MORE TIME ORGANIZING THAT ACTUALLY SCRAPBOOKING WAS ABLE TO DO ONE LO AND SOME FOR PAST WEEKS.

HUGS TO YOU ALL ANGELA

AUTUMN
By Vmachef ANGELA

US
By Vmachef ANGELA

Edited by vmachef ANGELA on 10-12-09 07:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-13-09 03:01 AM
In response to Eisa

• Eisa Said:
ok...1 last thing b4 I go 2 bed - I have seen so many gr8 LO's that I began 2 wonder....please answer the 3 questions if u don't mind

what do u use 4 inspiration? I cruise the gallery here. I has subscriptions to 2 mags, but I find those boring now.

How long does it take u generally 2 finish a pg? I'm lucky if I get two pages done at a time. Unless it's like the 4 pages I did of the livingroom, I did all of them in one day.

when u plan a LO what steps do u take? Plan pages??? Very seldom do that. They just sort of come together.

Edited by KimKV on 10-13-09 03:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cheryljunegirl
Queen
cheryljunegirl
In response to KimKV

Good morning all! Love all the new creations!

Lynn- I'm a solo scrapper as well. I have been to a couple of crop situations but I just can't think and create when I get talking with others. I love the socializing, but it doesn't work with the scrapping for me.

Ginny- stay warm!! I am so glad I live in a warm climate!

Krista- How exciting to have your sister move closer! You live in Sask.? My ancestors were pioneers in Sask. from England. They were in Moosomin. My grandmother was born there.

Eisa- Hope your daughter is feeling better! For your three questions:
1. What do you use for inspiration: Cruising the gallery helps for me. I also get inspiration from lots of things...I'll see a dress or something in a store and like the color combination and so use it, or an ad in a magazine will have a cool design, sometimes I even dream about how a lo should look and then I'll scrap it.
2. How long does it take to finish a page? For me it takes usually from 2-4 hours from the time I think of an idea of what I want to do to the time it is finished. I end up changing things around a lot, usually, from the first design I come up with in my head.
3. What steps do you take when you plan a lo? First I decide what pictures I want to use and then the colors I think will work best. I usually have some kind of idea in my head what I want to do for a design...so I will start with that and lay it all out, but not glue it down. I then just kind of step back and decide from there what I want to change. I almost always end up changing things a little and playing around with it. When I come up with something I feel good about then I glue it down.

Hope everyone has a great day...I'm going to try to make a few cards today.

LaurenBiz
Idol
LaurenBiz
In response to cheryljunegirl

Good mornin'.........

Sorry I wasn't here yesterday. I had a super busy day. And then a sinus headache in the evening. I wanted to scrap last night, but I just sat on the couch with a hot press on my eyes!

(BTW, did anyone watch CSI Miami and see that ERIC DELKO IS LEAVING THE SHOW NEXT WEEK????????? :-( )

Good questions! These are fun questions. My answers:

1. Inspiration:

I like to look at others' works to see new ideas for color combos, techniques, topics for pages, etc. Also, I force myself to do something different with everything I make. I don't want each card or LO to be similar with colors, techniques, journaling, etc., so I always do some heavy brainstorming to think of different and new things to do.

2. How long to make project:

Do I have to answer this!? I am so slow, and I rarely sit down and complete a page all at once. On top of being slow, I complete pages over probably a weeks' time with an hour here and there. Total, I probably spend at least four hours (usually longer) on a LO. I'm quicker with cards - sometimes I can actually get one done in about an hour!

3. Planning:

I am very methodical with this. I have precise steps:
1 - Choose papers, embellies, chipboard pieces, inks, ribbons, etc., that I want to use in that LO. I gather all the supplies that I'll need so I can see them all at once.
2 - Lay out everything in front of me, and start envisioning how I can form and piece all these together for a LO or card.
3 - Get a blank piece of paper, and start drawing a sketch with colored pencils! I color in the sketch with the colors/patterns of the paper. (Printing any pictures is included here.)
4 - If I like the sketch, I then start creating the LO or card. But I may make a lot of sketches. And sometimes, I don't like any of them that I make.
5 - In the design process, I work with the papers first, then add in details (buttons, embellies, etc.,) and then deal with journaling last. I never worry about journaling until the end - I just always make sure I have enough room for journaling, and then I just write/type whatever comes to me.

In this whole process, I sometimes decide that I want different buttons than the ones I originally picked, for example. And sometimes my sketches and the final look exactly the same, and sometimes they look different.

I do any and all of this planning and creating based on my creative mood. I honestly can't do anything if I don't feel creative. Sometimes, I sit there for an hour, and I can't think of a good way to position pictures, for example. If I'm not in the creative mood, I just stop, and I come back later.

Very methodical. I'm weird. LOL!

Have a good day everyone :-D

LaurenBiz
Idol
LaurenBiz
In response to LaurenBiz

Cheryl, I like your idea of seeing clothing at a store and using that color combination!

I've never thought of that :-)

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-13-09 07:06 AM
In response to LaurenBiz

Good Morning Ladies!

Great Job on the new lo's!
It seems I am in good company as a solo scrapper! Always nice to know!

Ginny- I have never used glossy accents.... do tell!!

Kim- I visted your blog & enjoyed your details! One question... is that a gem/stone in the little plastic bag?? I seen that & thought ohhh Treasure!!

Eisa- I hope your daughter is feeling better! so hard when they are icky.

Krista- Welcome back! It will be nice to have your sister closer!

Cheryl I love NON scrap magazines for inspiration too! I think the ads & article titles are great inspiration! Fashion too!

Angela - I love that tree!

Oh Lauren sinus headache UGGGGg

Okies to answer the questions
Inspiration comes from EVERYWHERE!! I can walk by a box of cereal & see a layout LOL. I do love strolling the gallery. I like go waaaaaay back in the "all layouts" category & see what jumps off the page! So many layouts that deserve to be seen more!

It takes anywhere from 5 hours to 2 days depending if I stop.. I usally take from around 9am-2pm to do a lo.

The process starts with a photo..everything is driven by that. Then I figure my title & then the papers.

Edited by Foamy on 10-13-09 07:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-13-09 07:43 AM
In response to Foamy

Good Morning!!

I luv'd all ur answers - if any1 else has yet 2 answer pls feel free

Here's mine:

1) I generally find inspiration thru admiring other ppl's work. I also get inspiration in photos I take or in the moment - sometimes I am out somewhere & I think of something I think would make a gr8 LO

2) It can take me anywhere from 20mins to days 2 finish a pg - I reach scrappers block sometimes & the harder I try 2 finish the more I don't like it so when that happens I have 2 walk away & come back.

3) 9 times out of 10 it starts w/a photo 4 me. I think about what I am trying 2 tell thru the page & move from there finding pcs that compliment it.

I have come across paper I luv but not ideas on how or where 2 use it so I'm working on expanding my creativity I'm also OCD (which explains so many clean lines LOL) so I move items around until I think they r perfect - I try 2 challenge myself every now & then 2 fly blind, not think so much & just randomly place things...this is RARE tho bc of the OCD lol lol

My daughter is feeling a bit better (thanks 2 those who inquired). Her fever is still coming back once meds wear off but it's only the 2nd day.

I'm off 2 finish a pg & I was inspired 2 start last nite - will post when finish'd
Have a gr8 day every1

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to cheryljunegirl

• cheryljunegirl Said:

Krista- How exciting to have your sister move closer! You live in Sask.? My ancestors were pioneers in Sask. from England. They were in Moosomin. My grandmother was born there.

I grew up just outside of a very small town along the Trans-Canada Highway in Saskatchewan. My DH is from Manitoba, and when we got married, I moved to Manitoba. And I know where Moosimin is... We drive through there every time we go to my parents. If it's just me and the boys who have time to go to my parents, we make Moosimin the meeting place - it's exactly 4 hours from each of us.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KristaDee

ACU to here. There were a few pages to catch up on.

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to KristaDee

Good morning from N. California where we finally are getting some rain! Unfortunately, it is also very windy. Glad I don't have to go anywhere today.

Welcome home, Krista. Such great news about your sister moving closer. Holidays will be so much easier on you!

Ginny, loved Megan's page! I left you some love.

Kim and Angela, I'll be back to look more closely at your pages and sprinkle some sugar.

Lynn, Cheryl, Kim and others who scrap solo. I am much more productive on my own. I quit going to large crops a long time ago, mainly 'cause I hate sharing a table! I need room to spread out so the creative juices can flow! Our LSS (the one that just closed) was the BEST place to crop with others, though. That place was pure joy and I miss it. Scrapping with my friends is the best of all worlds for me.

Eisa, hope your little one is feeling better today. The school's policy is interesting. I remember the days when you had to be bleeding out of your eyeballs to stay home from school! With all the flu bugs and viruses these days, you can't blame them for wanting to be careful.

I loved reading everyone's responses to your questions! The creative process is unique to each of us, isn't it? I notice similarities too.

1. I get inspiration from everywhere also. I think about scrapbooking constantly. Last night when I went to bed, I laid there thinking about the next page I'm planning for the Disney album. Tonight I'll put it together. Cheryl, I dream about sbing too!

The gallery here and all the incredible artists have really helped me improve my craft. I have loved scrapbooking in some form or other since I was a kid; seriously scrapping for 15+ years. But, it wasn't until I found SB.com that sbing became my passion. Nearly everything I see in a day passes through my scrapbooking filter!

2. I am a slow scrapper and get teased about it. A recent Disney page took less than hour and that has to be a record for me. Normally, 4-6 hours per page - best guesstimate.

3. I always let my photos guide how the page comes together. I usually choose my title next so I have a clear theme to work with. Then I pick my papers first, then gather ribbon, flowers, embellies, etc. and just start laying it all out. I really try not to stress about a LO. If I get stuck, I set it aside and get back to it later. I've "scrapped" some pages and started over too!

I am also one who mixes various paper lines. Up until recently, I didn't know one manufacturer from another and I still just buy what I like and mix it up if it works.

Later ladies!

Karen

vmachef ANGELA
Mayor
vmachef ANGELA
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
  • Eisa Said:

what do u use 4 inspiration? I cruise the gallery here. I has subscriptions to 2 mags, but I find those boring now.

How long does it take u generally 2 finish a pg? I'm lucky if I get two pages done at a time. Unless it's like the 4 pages I did of the livingroom, I did all of them in one day.

when u plan a LO what steps do u take? Plan pages??? Very seldom do that. They just sort of come together.

HELLO ALL MY DEAR FRIENDS

THANKS FOR ALL THE GALLERY LOVE. FINALLY IS COOLING DOWN HERE IN SOUTHERN ARIZONA. THE EVENING IT IS AMAZING.
TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS

FOR INSPIRATION SOME TIMES I LOOK AT HOME DECOR MAGAZINES AND ALSO BLOGS. SOMETIMES I GO TO GOOGLE AND TYPE A WORD AND SEE WHAT COME UP.

HOW LONG IT TAKE ME TO FINISHED A PAGE,DEPENDS ON MY INSPIRATION. SOMETIMES I CAN FINISH IN HALF HOUR SOMETIMES IT CAN TAKE ME DAYS. I AM A LITTLE OCD.

THE STEPS FOR MY PAGES FIRST IS THE PIC AND FROM THERE I DECIDED THE COLOR SCHEME AND THE PP. THEN I START LOOKING FOR EMBELLIS AND DO NOT GLUE ANYTHING DOWN UNTIL I FEEL OK WITH MY LO.

I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY AND SEE YOU TOMORROW.

HUGS ANGELA

afdani1984
Expert
afdani1984
In response to kanary

Just checking in quick from work to say hi! Been a very busy few weeks, but hopefully after my test tomorrow I can relax a little and catch up with my scrapping and the forum.

TTYL!

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-13-09 06:10 PM
In response to afdani1984

Hey

ok so I was kind of stuck on this pg all day but finally got it done - between cooking & cleaning & sick daughter LOL Let me know what u think

G'nite
2 Souls - 1 Heart By Eisa

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-14-09 03:21 AM
In response to Eisa

Hi Danielle!! Glad things are starting to slow down.

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to KimKV

Good morning ladies! I don't think I have been on here since Friday! But I did get some things accomplished, so that feels great!
I made a card for my future SIL's baby shower, and I did get a LO done, but I had to change something, so I will post that tomorrow.
I hope everyone is doing well! Here's my answers to Eisa's questions:

I find inspiration from scrap magazines and the gallery. Very seldomly do I find it anywhere else...

It usually takes me a long while to finish a page...A few days, a few hours...it varies. If I feel like I'm going nowhere with what I want to do, then it takes a few days because I will walk away and then come back to it later, move stuff around and then walk away again.

My process changes so much! Sometimes I start with journaling, sometimes embellishments, but usually 9 times out of 10 it's with photos. I move things around A LOT so I never sketch anything out...I just let it all fall into place!

Hope you like the card!
Talk to you ladies later! I will post my finished LO tomorrow!

Welcome Baby Girl! By Pollywog

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-14-09 06:19 AM
In response to pollywog

Good Morning Friends!!

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to Foamy

Good morning Lynn!

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-14-09 07:56 AM
In response to pollywog

Greetings SP Friends

well I don't have much scrapping plann'd 4 2day - got some house cleaning 2 do & my daughter's fever is still playing w/me LOL

Have another pg I need 2 finish tho so hopefully I will b able 2 2day

Have a gr8 day every1

PS - REALLY cute card Hollie

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-14-09 08:02 AM
In response to Eisa

• Eisa Said:
Hey

ok so I was kind of stuck on this pg all day but finally got it done - between cooking & cleaning & sick daughter LOL Let me know what u think

G'nite
2 Souls - 1 Heart By Eisa

This was actually my first time making an embellie from scratch LOL YEA 2 me I'm growing!!! lol

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to Eisa

• Eisa Said:

PS - REALLY cute card Hollie

Thanks!!!

I hope DD's fever goes away soon! Fevers are no good!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-14-09 12:53 PM
In response to pollywog

Hollie, your avi is a hoot!! Why do cats think they need to lay on the armrest?? Peanut does that with with dh all the time!

mojosmaddy
Guru
mojosmaddy
In response to KimKV

Hi everyone! Just popping in really quick. Busy helping the new basset get acclimated to his new home....not that a lazy basset needs much attention cuz he spends most of his time lazing around on the furniture.

MAYBE this weekend I will work on a page or two. However, I have to work on an album for someone at work who is leaving

Hope ya'll are having a great week. I'll check in again soon!

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-14-09 07:12 PM
In response to mojosmaddy

Well I'm off 2 sleep friends

Work'd on my scrapping notebook a bit & will do some more as I wrangle my daughter 2 bed

Found out I start school on Monday so I'm excited!! been a LONG process 2 get here

Also decided 2 start my own scrapbooking business - helping ppl who just don't have the time or patience 2 put their memories in2 books 2 last a lifetime still working out details but I hope it works out

G'Nite every1 - till 2morrow

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to Eisa

Good morning everyone!

I have an updated picture of the page I had to change....AAAAND I finished another page last night! Kim's gonna be so proud of me!

Eisa, that's so great that you are starting a scrapbook business! Keep us updated on how it goes! And congrats on starting school on Monday!! That's awesome!

Mojo, you should post a pic of the bassett so we can see the new member of your family!

Here are the LO's. The first one is the one that I had to fix, and the second one is the one that was started AND finished in about an hour and 15 minutes last night!

8.1.09 By Pollywog

She Owns Us By Pollywog

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
Hollie, your avi is a hoot!! Why do cats think they need to lay on the armrest?? Peanut does that with with dh all the time!

I think she lays anywhere that she knows she will get some attention! I have a better pic I just took last night. hehehe!

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-15-09 07:23 AM
In response to pollywog

• pollywog Said:
Good morning everyone!

I have an updated picture of the page I had to change....AAAAND I finished another page last night! Kim's gonna be so proud of me!

Eisa, that's so great that you are starting a scrapbook business! Keep us updated on how it goes! And congrats on starting school on Monday!! That's awesome!

8.1.09 By Pollywog

She Owns Us By Pollywog

Thanks Hollie I'm excited about school & the biz will start out very slow - I'm beginning w/my family's albums - most aren't in2 scrapping but luv what I do & the 1's that like scrapping just don't have the time so I'm hoping it'll grow will def keep u guys posted

Looking @ ur new LO's now - they're really gr8

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-15-09 07:28 AM
In response to Eisa

Hello well, 2day I am washing clothes (yes still LOL) and working on my scrapping notebook - raining where I am so the day will b pretty mellow - I'll try 2 get on here again a bit l8r - have a gr8 day every1

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to Eisa

Thanks for the gallery love, Eisa!

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to pollywog

Hello people!

I think I'm aci on projects posted and left some love. Great work everyone!

I'll be MIA for awhile because I'm leaving for Scrapbook Expo super early in the morning. Won't be getting any scrapping done this weekend - oh! except in the classes, I hope. I'm taking two SEI classes and one GCD or is GDC?? Got my shopping list ready too! In the classes you also get discount coupons for their booth. Hope to find some good deals.

Also will be heading to the mecca of scrapbook stores, My Green Tangerine, on Friday night. On the way down, we're also stopping at a brand new Michaels that is rumored to be spectacular.

I'm almost packed and ready to go. Hope I can sleep tonight!!

Have a great weekend everyone! I'll look forward to catching up on Monday.

Karen

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-15-09 03:14 PM
In response to kanary

Hollie! Check out the top photo of this layout!!

MOM!!!
By KimKV

AND Hurray for scrapping!!! Now, could someone give me a hard time until I scrap?!??

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-15-09 03:18 PM
In response to kanary

Karen enjoy the expo!

Eisa - will you be signing up with a company or doing your own thing??

Kristi, are you happy that this person is leaving??

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KimKV

I am all caught on gallery love!

Karen, I hope you have great time at the expo. After hearing you talk about it I was contemplating driving the two hours to Sacramento (from the bay area) just to go! sounds like you are in for a lot of fun this weekend.

Lauren, I am so glad you found some great deals at the expo. They are so much fun, glad to hear you had a great time!

Kim, you need to stop chatting and get scrapping!!! I am fully sick now so that's my excuse. Do we have to get out the little whip dude for you??

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-16-09 02:49 AM
In response to jaxxan

So Jill, how come you haven't posted those four pages you did here??? Huh????

Wel, I don't know if there will be any scrapping over the next few days. Today is the off Friday for DH, so we will be getting stuff together to winterize the boat, cover the go kart, make sure the snowblower is ready - it's snowing now!!!

Maybe I will scrap durinf Football Sunday.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-16-09 02:49 AM
In response to KimKV

PS - You can't whip the whipmaster!!!!

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to KimKV

Good morning ladies!
Kim, I absolutely love that layout! My cat likes to do that too, but she won't unless I'm under there with her. Isn't it funny how they all have different personalities?
I am going to another Scrapmania at Archiver's tomorrow night, so I will be working on my step-mom's album again. I am kind of taking it slow, because I like looking at the pictures and soaking up all I remember about taking them with her. I miss her so much.

Karen- I know you will have a BLAST this weekend! Hope you come home with a ton of goodies!

Jill- I hope you feel better soon! This flu bug is really going around this year!

Well, hope you all have a wonderful day and an awesome weekend!

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-16-09 06:54 AM
In response to pollywog

Good Morning

Hollie & Karen - I hope u ladies have a gr8 time!!

Kim - no I will b doing my own thing 4 now

Well I have a semi-busy day - it's still COLD here - not snowing yet. My mission 2day is 2 finish a few more pgs in the disney book I'm working on

Have a gr8 day

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Eisa

Good morning all - I think I'm going to have step out of this group - it's been lots of fun getting to know you, but with major kitchen renos starting very soon (hopefully next week), I don't have the time to scrap.

I may hang around to check in once in a while, but I'm pretty sure I won't be scrapping any time soon.

Kim - feel free to "kick" me off and add a new member if you want to.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Eisa

Hey Kim, you asked for someone to keep on you until you scrapped again. You are on a roll keep going! I am still under a medicated haze so if I misunderstood you let me know!

Not sure which you are talking about??? However I do have four that I need to take pictures of but they are glossy and I am having trouble taking a decent picture.

Pollywog thanks for the get well sentiments.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KristaDee

Oh Krista, don't bow out! You might need this thread as a break from the craziness. You never know how what you might get done during the crazy renovation.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to jaxxan

• jaxxan Said:
Oh Krista, don't bow out! You might need this thread as a break from the craziness. You never know how what you might get done during the crazy renovation.

I just don't feel like I'm contributing anything. LOL. Although you are right - I may need a break from the craziness of the renos. We will see what the great leader Kim says.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-16-09 09:10 AM
In response to KristaDee

JCI~
Heading out of town for a few days. I will be taking laptop & will try to pop in!
I will try to catch up before I leave... but gotta do that real life stuff!!!

LaurenBiz
Idol
LaurenBiz
In response to KristaDee

Hello everyone!

Here is my most recent LO-
Redrum? By LaurenBiz

I've had such an issue with this LO and taking a picture to get it ready to put up online.

So there's a good question to brainstorm:
When adding pictures of your LOs and cards...1: what camera do you use? 2: what techniques do you use?

I'm always taking pictures of my LOs on the floor next to a north-facing glass door. I'm taking pictures of my cards on a chair with a white sheet next to the same north door. I'm using a Canon P&S camera, A590 IS. Never a flash.

My issue is that my pictures in the LOs always look so fuzzy - I think it may be taking a picture of the picture, because that's what I'm technically doing. Since all my LOs are 'bumpy' with embellishments, I can't scan them well.

Thoughts?........

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to jaxxan

*Take me out to the ball game 2 By Jaxxan

I loaded two similar layouts to the gallery ,one for each son, so feel free to just comment on one!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to LaurenBiz

Lauren, Your shots have been fine! As you can see this one loaded to green, yet in my software it was fine. go figure!

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to jaxxan

Sometimes I scan, sometimes take pics, depends on the page and if there is any sun. No flash works best I think and sometimes I can't get a decent pic no matter what I try!
I have been scrapping alot this week, I am working on my 3rd page in as many days. Just need to get them uploaded.
Have a fun weekend you gals that are headed out of town. Karen, sounds like you are going to have a scrappers dream come true!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-16-09 03:38 PM

Krista - I don't think we want you to leave. I know we haven't had this group up and running too long, but I think we have all bonded pretty well. We all seem to have the same senses of humor and thoughts on scrapping. And like Jill said, you're gonna need a break from time to time. So, my answer is -

No, I don't think I'm gonna kick you off.

The mighty Kim hath spoken.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-16-09 03:49 PM
In response to KimKV

But Holie, did you note how my black cat's mouth is wide open like your's??

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
Krista - I don't think we want you to leave. I know we haven't had this group up and running too long, but I think we have all bonded pretty well. We all seem to have the same senses of humor and thoughts on scrapping. And like Jill said, you're gonna need a break from time to time. So, my answer is -

No, I don't think I'm gonna kick you off.

The mighty Kim hath spoken.

Thanks Kim.

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to KristaDee

We all get busy from time to time and we will be here whenever you check in!

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes

Just a couple pages to share

About a Boy
By 2girls2dogs

Growing
By 2girls2dogs

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-17-09 04:58 AM

Good morning girls!!! Sun is shining so far, it's cold, but at least we have the sunshine!!

LaurenBiz
Idol
LaurenBiz
In response to KimKV

Happy Saturday everyone!

Here is a Halloween card I just made last night. I'm surprised I got it done in about two hours - that is REALLY fast for me.

Halloween card By LaurenBiz

Have a great weekend :-)

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to LaurenBiz

Hi! I just got tons of new pics printed and some new paper and I am so ready to scrap! Hopefully the kids will cooperate this evening.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Lauren, your cards are always so cute! I just can seem to find my card making groove, mine always look so plain.

Veteran

really cute card & great idea for all those scraps

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

I think I am acu!
I am stuck on a layout using the Kaiser Craft "offshore" collection.
Could someone let me know if they have used this line and point me to their or someone you know gallery. I just need ideas for the last finishing touches. This site doesn't carry Kaiser craft and the Kaiser website didn't have anything that I could find!
Thanks for any help!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-17-09 03:04 PM
In response to jaxxan

Jill did you do a search in the gallery?

Look, I scrapped today!!! Gasp!! I know!!

American Muscle
By KimKV

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KimKV

Hi Kim, Yeah for you getting to scrap today.

Yeah I did do a search on beach/ocean and I found one but would like to see more. It is really hard since this site doesn't carry the line, the description is not in the system. I would have to go page by page....there are thousands of beach and ocean layouts.
But, thanks for trying to help.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-17-09 03:23 PM
In response to jaxxan

Thanks for the LO love. I googled Mustang emblems saved the picture and then cut the Mustang out with my Silhouette along with the title. The strips I just cut. And I now know that the Silhouette can cut letters much smaler than I ever want to work with again!!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KimKV

I so hear you about letters to small, times like that I feel like I have fingers of a giant.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-18-09 04:47 AM
In response to jaxxan

I really am impressed though at how well it cut those little letter and on Bling on top of it!

vmachef ANGELA
Mayor
vmachef ANGELA
In response to Eisa

GOOD MORNING MY DEAR FRIENDS

YES I AM BACK JUST FOR A LITTLE. MY LIFE GETS MORE AND MORE COMPLICATE LATELY. MY DD WAS SICK WITH THE FLU AND NOW MY DH IS PASSING A KIDNEY STONE SO
EA&TER
By Vmachef ANGELAEVEN I WORK IN A HOSPITAL I BEEN THERE FOR FREE TAKING MY FAMILY. FINALLY HOME YESTERDAY AFTER A DAY AND HALF IN THE ER. STAY UP LATE AND WAS ABLE TO WORK WITH ONE LO. I WILL STOP IN YOUR GALLERIES TODAY AND LEAVE SOME LOVE. HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK AND GOD BLESS. HUGS ANGELA

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

hello all. Got more priming done yesterday. I hope to finish priming the rest of the doors this week, and between coats of paint, I think I'm going to start emptying cabinets.

Have a great Sunday

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-18-09 08:57 AM
In response to KristaDee

Oh Angela, what a crazy time!! I really feel bad for your hubby though, you know I have had 5 of those things in my life. I do not know how a man can stay concious when he passes one!!

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-18-09 11:06 AM
In response to KimKV

Hello Friends! I haven't missed a few days & will not b able 2 get back on here until sometime 2morrow (Hopefully)

I start school 4 my accounting degree 2morrow so I'm trying 2 get some things in order - will make sure I make time 2 spread some luv & update u all on my latest projects

MUCH LUV - wishing u all wonderful days!

vmachef ANGELA
Mayor
vmachef ANGELA
In response to Eisa

THANKS KIM IT BEEN REALLY HARD FOR HIM!!! SOME LAYOUTS I WAS ABLE TO DO SINCE I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO SLEEP TAKING CARE OF MY DH.

CAN'T GET OVER IT!!
By Vmachef ANGELA

TICKET TO FLY
By Vmachef ANGELA

THANKS FOR LOOKING AND GOOD NIGHT
HUGS ANGELA

Edited by vmachef ANGELA on 10-18-09 08:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-19-09 07:15 AM

Hi Friends

Angela - I'm sorry 2 hear that I haven't had 2 suffer that so I wish him a speedy recovery & hope ur DD is feeling better as well. stopp'd by ur gallery & left some luv 4 u

Kim, Ginny & Lauren - I left u some luv as well

I'll post pics of the Disney album I've been working on as soon as I can

I was supposed 2 start school 2day but some1 mess'd up & now i'm a sitting duck while they get it straighten'd out....NOT a good start 2 the day but I still have stuff 2 do so I can keep busy - I will try 2 get on here again l8r

Have a gr8 day every1

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
But Holie, did you note how my black cat's mouth is wide open like your's??

yes I did! I love getting photos like that! It looks like they are roaring!

pollywog
Expert
pollywog

• 2girls2dogs Said:

Lauren, your cards are always so cute! I just can seem to find my card making groove, mine always look so plain.

Mine do too! I don't want to over-do it, but I don't want to make them too simple either! There's no happy-medium with mine....

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 10-19-09 10:44 AM
In response to pollywog

YEAH!!!! They fixed everything so I am now able 2 get caught up on the coursework - yes I said CAUGHT up bc thanks to them I am a tad behind LOL it's ok tho I'll b caught up by the end of the day

The album photos will have 2 wait tho but I will get some new pics on here asap

Page 5 of 48 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics