Page 2 of 113 
Username Post: Delete        (Topic#1516637)
NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom
In response to StarsNSparkles

Just checking in girls. Not to much going on now. It's cold and wet outside.

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
morning girls........cleaning the house twice a week I'm lucky if it gets a run through once a week. I live on a gravel road and the dust is a constant battle so I quit fighting it The good news is............we use a lot less paper these days writing notes to the kids........we just write it in the dust on the coffee table

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to Scrapping Diva

• Scrapping Diva Said:
Don't like my sister in law either!!

Another weird thing is that I like to clean the bathroom. Most people don't LOL...

With all this talk of cleaning I was wondering what do you least like to do?

I DON'T iron and I hate folding laundry.

I NEVER iron...that's what the dryer's for! I just throw in a damp towel to help steam the wrinkles out and hope for the best.
There's really nothing around the house I enjoy doing...I just like the end result so I do it so I'm happy in a clean house. If my house is messy I can't relax...
Oh, and I'm not a fan of my SIL either!!

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to StaceyE

Oh even better company another one for don't like my SIL!!! Or better yet don't like any of them actually. I have nothing in common and they are al snobs, oh guess that should get along well at a family function should everyone want to be together.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to creater1

I have a very difficult time getting along with most of my in-laws, but my SIL and MIL are the WORST!!! They are both endlessly trying to create problems with me...pit DH against me. My MIL tells lies about me to other members in the family...it is awful!!!

I don't ever iron either...do I even own an iron...LOL!!! I like to clean bathrooms only b/c ever since I saw Grumpier Old Men...and the woman said the bathroom defines the person...I've always kept a clean bathroom! There is nothing worse than going to the bathroom and looking down and seeing dirt and cobwebs and dirty laundry...nope, not for me!!! The thing I hate doing too is dusting!!! I'm with Mel...I'll just write my messages in the dust!!!

I don't mind any of the other chores...b/C I like, StaceyE, like a clean house. But...enough cleaning talk already!!! You make me guilty for not cleaning today...lol!!! I do NOT clean every day...I clean usually majorly once a week...pick up daily...that's it!!!

NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom

My MIL and FIL are the best. I am like the daughter my MIL and FIL never had.

DD and I are just sitting here wating for FIL to come and take me for my bloddwork. I have to take DD with me becuase MIL went for PT and I was worried what if she didnt make it back in time for me to go. DD is happy she is going somewhere. I have her dressed nice and warm.I love those nice little lounge warm outfits for them.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to NewbieMom

Hope everything goes good with your bloodwork!!! I think it is great that you get along with the IL's!! I always wanted a good relationship with them when I had them...but it won't happen. No matter what! They can't let go of the past and just play nice and leave me alone...so that's how it is.

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva

Good luck Sara!

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08

Yea! I'm so excited to be apart of this little group! Looks like I already have A LOT to catch up on! lol. I guess I will start by answering the questions...

If you really know me you would know I like to.... shop, decorate, hang out with my hubby and family, watch college football, scrapbook, etc.

If you really know me you would know I don't like to.... talk on the phone, eat seafood, and im sure there are more but I can't think of them right now. lol

Oh and I LOVEEEE fall and winter. I have lived in the South my whole life, so it's just a break from the ridiculous heat!

My least fav chore are trash, toilets, and folding laundry. I also DO NOT iron-- but I never really need to iron anything.

Edited by happygirl08 on 09-29-09 12:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

TiggerPooh2380
Expert
TiggerPooh2380
In response to happygirl08

I dont like my SIL either, actually neither does my husband, they have not spoken in 2 years. When my FIL passed away, my SIL cashed his measly life insurance check, and spent it.. and didnt pay his funeral costs. UGH

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 09-29-09 01:05 PM
In response to TiggerPooh2380

the only thing I like to clean

ME..........in a very long, hot bath!!

don't get me started on SIL

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 09-29-09 01:07 PM

Fall is my absolute favorite favorite time of the year. I love the cool nights (leave the windows open and sleep like a rock), mild days (make it very hard to stay in office at work though), high school football, fire pits and porch parties and most of all - fall horseback riding - it's the bestest The leaves are changing, the air is cool, the sights in the woods are amazing........my most favoritist time of year!!

sorry to an English teachers who may read this thread - my bad!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to j3Mel

Hey...I'm saving all kinds of those...I may be annoying my other friends with my smileys though...so I think I will start doing it even more....

And what if we do get you started on your sil?

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Yeah...what about your SIL??? hee hee

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to happygirl08

• happygirl08 Said:
Yea! I'm so excited to be apart of this little group! Looks like I already have A LOT to catch up on! lol. I guess I will start by answering the questions...

If you really know me you would know I like to.... shop, decorate, hang out with my hubby and family, watch college football, scrapbook, etc.

If you really know me you would know I don't like to.... talk on the phone, eat seafood, and im sure there are more but I can't think of them right now. lol

Oh and I LOVEEEE fall and winter. I have lived in the South my whole life, so it's just a break from the ridiculous heat!

My least fav chore are trash, toilets, and folding laundry. I also DO NOT iron-- but I never really need to iron anything.

This should have been my post, lol. Except the fall and winter. I live in Norther Ontario, and I swear we have snow up to our armpits 9 months of the year!! I don't like to talk on the phone, and I think doing the trash is my least favorite chore! I don't iron either. My husband is living in another city for the next 8 months and he took it with him, I won't even miss it! lol

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to Dancing Queen

I quite like my ILs. I am very fortunate. The only thing that drives me nuts is that dh has his momma on a pedestal. ugh! When I cook something, he has the nerve to say "that's not how my mother made it". He hasn't said that in a few years, but he will STILL come out with "that's not how mom folds those" or "my mom used to always do X for me". Good for her, go live with her! I don't think she'd take you back, she's FFFRRRRREEEEEEE!!!!!! lmbo

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to j3Mel

I'd like to add y'all as friends, how do I do that? I don't have many, sniff sniff

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
the only thing I like to clean

ME..........in a very long, hot bath!!

don't get me started on SIL

LOL!!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 09-29-09 01:48 PM

If I talk about my SIL this will happen

She's a that I don't like and she should and I might get kicked off of sb.com and I don't want that to happen.......

let's just say it involves a few incidences when my daughter died and I'll probably burn in because I don't know if I'll ever be able to forgive her and I know I won't be able to forget

now.......on to much happier subjects

kreations
Idol
kreations
In response to j3Mel

You ladies are chatty already! lol Trying to catch up. Sara and Stacey (hope I'm getting the names right) you children are NOT behind they are HERE. Thank God for that. Everything else will come in time.

Wish I had a SIL to dislike that would mean I'm married. LOL

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to kreations

No...you do NOT want a SIL that you do NOT like...but you may wish for a SIL that you can like!!! My DH has his sister on a pedestal...no matter how cra*ppy she treats our family, he will still run to her beck & call!!!

To add friends, go to that persons profile (click on their name above their pic), then click add as friend...tada...done! I think we are already friends Tracey

Jaycie6
Tenant
Jaycie6

Oh no...look what I started with the SIL comment! LOL! I am glad I'm not the only one to feel this way. Maybe on a slow day we can swap stories. : )

I'm in IL. Anyone else close to me?

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Jaycie6

I'm in southern IL...close to Carbondale/Marion area...how about you?

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Sorry Mel...I won't ask you to go into all of that...it must be very painful...plus...I wouldn't want you to get kicked off the site!!!

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

Need you guys to cross your fingers for my sil. She is a very nice lady, been through a lot. She and her ex-dh tried to get pregnant for several years and couldn't. They tried drugs, IUI, IVF you name it. Unfortunately their marriage fell apart (there were a few other stressors there, too). She is now engaged to a military guy from the UK, so they only get to see each other every few months. Sil is nearly 40, so she has kind of given up on the whole having kids thing. Anyhow, I'm not supposed to know (but there are never any secrets in dh's family lol), but she got a positive hcg test. She's preggers! She will make an amazing mother, and I am thrilled for them. I am also praying like crazy that everything goes ok...

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Oh...I will pray too!!!! I really hope this works for her!!! I hate it when someone wants a child so badly...and can't get pregnant!!! Except my SIL...she can't get pregnant...but she is a witch...so it serves her right...that is mean and I'm sorry

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Stephanie...remind me never to get on your bad side!!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-29-09 04:39 PM
In response to cpowife

• cpowife Said:
Twice a week i clean the house. Scrub down everything, etc. The rest of the week I spend maybe an hour (if that) straightening up to keep it clean.

Every morning I go through probably 8 to 10 sheets of lint roller tape on my pillow and the sheets. With the two cats and Stormy, the long hair, thinks she has to sleep on my pillow. And Peanut, well he is usually under the covers!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-29-09 04:48 PM
In response to KimKV

My husbands brother's wife and I usd to be super close. The when we back to Missouri this past August to visit, some junk happened and things just started getting all stupid and she pulled her I now everything and you know nothing about anything. She brought up junk from 20 years ago and just crazy junk. Anyway, it will most likely be an extremely cold day in before I speak to her again!!

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08
In response to KimKV

That is such an inspiring story about your SIL Tracy! We have been trying to get pregnant for about 15 months with no luck. There is no medical reason yet... I have my next apt on oct 15th, so I'm hoping to get more answers then. Prayers are always appreciated.

I have 3 living SIL's. One passed away while my DH was in Afghanistan 2 years ago. (He is in the Army.) We are not super close with any of them, we are all in different states, and they are all at least 10 years older than us... but I don't have a problem with any of them (thank-goodness!!!) Sounds like problematic SIL's can be a pain in the booty! :P

Edited by happygirl08 on 09-29-09 05:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to j3Mel

I'm just realizing how lucky I am with my inlaws. I like both of dh's sisters, and I also like my brother's wife. Hopefully I'm not the wicked SIL,

TiggerPooh2380
Expert
TiggerPooh2380

I spent a lot of time today looking up information on embossing, therefore I did not do a single bit of scrapbooking. If I didnt own a computer I think I would get a lot more scrapbooking done.

creater1
Diva
creater1

Did you get your questions answered about embossing? Are you dry embossing or heat embossing. I would be willing to try to answer any questions that you might have.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

• StaceyE Said:
Stephanie...remind me never to get on your bad side!!!

Hey Stacey...don't get on my bad side

I'm not really a mean person, I've just had it with her!!! I've tried more than once to be her friend and to let things go again and again...but I'm done with her. I don't have time for people who are full of hate.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I'm just starting wet embossing...ordered the powder, order a versamark stamp pad...then realized today the stamp pad is only a 1" cube, so I need to find inks. Someone mentioned stampin up spots...is that good...or do you recommend something else?

TiggerPooh2380
Expert
TiggerPooh2380
In response to creater1

Apparently not a whole lot, I only seen a little about heat embossing, and thought it was the only type. In order to do it, you need stamps and stuff tho right? I was hoping the only supplies I would need was a heat gun and embossing powder...lol

creater1
Diva
creater1

embossing is awesome, you have to have a pigment ink they are have a glycerin base to the powder will stick and melt. You can not use a dye based ink or a permanent ink. Things like versa mark, colorbox, brillance etc. Watch for the word pigment and you will be fine. You can get a clear ink pad and buy colored embossing powders or colored inks and clear powders or gold with gold, red with red for deeper and richer colors. I like to use detail embossing powder if I am doing a very delicate design otherwise things get bulky and not so sharp. I also like to just smear my ink directly onto say like a piece of chipboard then apply powder and heat. If I want it to be super shiney or thick I will dip it again while it is still hot and do another coat. You can emboss metal pieces like brads. You just have to be careful not to burn yourself. I take a brad heat it then dip into my embossing powder and it almost melt immediately. If I need another coat just heat again dip again. It is really like powder coating on custom wheels and other things. HTH

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to creater1

Thanks for the info Jackie...that'll help me to find some inks. I bought 3 packs of the a la mode embossing powders, so I guess I need a clear stamp pad...maybe just a bigger versamark.

NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom
In response to kreations

Hi girls. Bloodwork went fine so hopefully the results are fine as well.

I took DD in with me to Target(FIL sat in the car) and she loved it.

I have things to do but I don't have the energy too.

I need my hair cut and I still trying to figure out when to fit it in.

How about this. I get a letter in the mail today and here DD new OT wants to come tomorrow at 1PM. I get a letter the day before and I never got a phone call or anything to even ask what day would be good. How nice.

I mean what do they think. Just becuase I am a stay at home,do they think we are always home or have no where to go. I left a message and told her it was not a good day.DD has a dr appt with her heart dr at that same time. I can't reschedule that. I also said that I really didnt like getting a letter in the mail the day before and never a phone call to even ask.

The reason why me and MIL get along well is becuase we love to shop. FIL and I get along becuase of EMS. I don;t talk to my mother anymore. Had a falling out with her about 3 years ago. My father on the other side well it's a odd thing. Long story.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to NewbieMom

I'm glad that the blood test went good and I have been praying, so I will continue to pray that the results come back just fine!!!

Hey all...have you guessed yet that I like to talk?? LOL!!! Sorry for those of you having a hard time staying caught up...please don't feel like it is necessary to do so...if you just want to flip through and see if anyone has added LOs...that is fine!

You know...I just got my hair cut a little while ago and I'm kind of wishing I hadn't. I get it cut real short and now, I am ready to try something different...lol...but I guess I will just wait for it to grow again.

TiggerPooh2380
Expert
TiggerPooh2380

I love talking too. so your not the only one. At least if someone else likes to talk you wont feel like your talking to yourself!

00elly00
Idol
00elly00

So JAFF sr. is full. Am I too late for jr. too?

TiggerPooh2380
Expert
TiggerPooh2380
In response to 00elly00

yeah... its full, maybe you can be the creator of JAFF III?

NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom

It's full. I am glad that I was to join this one.

I feel better now. I have those times when I feel like pooh and then I feel great. Dang heart. I will be so happy when it gets fixed.

Things I have done..

I paid my cell phone bill. I hate paying it every month but I need it. Good thing DH brought up about his.

Added upcoming events to my schedule book.

Put away DD clean clothes.

Got things ready for DD dr appt.

Re filled my meds for the week. I have one of those pill boxes marked with each day on it. I must getting old.

Refilled our hand sanitizer bottles.

Ok well yes DD is still up and DH is playing PS2.

I still have to get my herprin shot.

Clean out my purse.

I like to talk too. It's hard for me to get out and meet people. Speaking of that,my monthly verizon to verizon minutes was 1,173 and most of that 80% of that was to DH during the day. He gets board during the day at work and calls me. I swear he has the girl talking gene in him.

NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom
In response to NewbieMom

My hair is to point where it won't stay nice up and it's bug me when it is down. I need a different hair cut. I wish I had the money to get it hairlighted but it's so expensive on how I want it. Maybe for my birthday in Jan, I will get it done. DH wants it mostly blonde. That's an idea right there. Go and spend sometime on myself on my birthday and have DH take me out dinner that night. Hum maybe I will get my nails done as well and a few other things.

Plus I get my eyebrows waxed so a hair cut and wax is 40 bucks. I feel guilty when I spend that much on me.

TiggerPooh2380
Expert
TiggerPooh2380
In response to creater1

I have an embossing question... Can you only use Rubber Stamps, or can you use the clear stamps too?

kreations
Idol
kreations

Good morning!
Just bought a stuff for the heat embossing so the info was helpful.

Question: How do you describe your scrapping style?

I'm just curious. I like trying techniques and using the latest products but don't feel I have a specific style yet. I look at some people's work and get an overall idea of what their style is but my work is all over the place based on my mood or the pic. Anyway gotta get ready for work. Have a great day everyone!

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva
In response to kreations

Just popping in to say good morning! Hope to catch up later

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

Good Morning ladies! Whew! I have a lot of catching up to do!

My scrappy style is very simple, I think. I have tried to make my pages more elaborate (there are some beautiful pages on this website to help inspire) but it never looks like me when I am done with them so I always change them back. haha!

I am so glad that I am not the only one that does not get along with their inlaws!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to cpowife

I don't really have a style, but I love the distressed look...and my pages are FULL! I am not a fan of negative space for myself...just doesn't look right!

Sara...back in March, I got my hair cut and highlighted and it was over $100! I go to Regis and normally, the guy who cuts my hair gives me tons of discounts...but his boss was standing right there and he couldn't...so I had to pay full price...ugh!!!

Today was DH's payday...so I am going grocery shopping today! We need food!!! LOL

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to 00elly00

• 00elly00 Said:
So JAFF sr. is full. Am I too late for jr. too?

So sorry Elly...but we are closed and full...we didn't want to get too many members and get it where the thread was unmanageable! But there is a great interest in these threads...and I think Kim would let you create a III...just PM her if you are interested and ask!

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva

At work! Day going GREAT!

I don't think I have a specific style. I just go with what feels right for the picture. However I do try to incorporate at leat one LO in the current trends in my albums just for people to know what was going on when they look back at my albums

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 09-30-09 05:32 AM

• Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic Said:
I'm in southern IL...close to Carbondale/Marion area...how about you?

anywhere near Shawnee?

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 09-30-09 05:33 AM
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
My husbands brother's wife and I usd to be super close. The when we back to Missouri this past August to visit, some junk happened and things just started getting all stupid and she pulled her I now everything and you know nothing about anything. She brought up junk from 20 years ago and just crazy junk. Anyway, it will most likely be an extremely cold day in before I speak to her again!!

did you say Missouri??? where at in MIssouri??

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 09-30-09 05:35 AM
In response to j3Mel

okay, my style.......my style is lots of pics generally, not overly embellished, and usually with some kind of jounraling on it, whether it is full write ups or just captions of some kind.

Morning girls!!

Jaycie6
Tenant
Jaycie6

Good morning girls!

How would I describe my scrapping style? New! LOL! I literally just made my first ever LO this past Sunday. : )

Stephanie, in regards to an earlier post, I live pretty close to St. Louis so, I think, we are a few hours away from each other.

NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom
In response to Jaycie6

Morning girls.

My style.. just simple. Nothing to much over the top. I hate it when my page gets too busy and takes away from the pic(s)

Ok girls well I have to get going and get ready. DD has a dr appt at 1 so. Catch up later.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to NewbieMom

I don't know where Shawnee is Mel...but I am about 2 hours from St. Louis!

Here are a couple of LOs I've gotten done over the last several days.

Happiness
By Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic

Simple Pleasures
By Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 09-30-09 06:57 AM

Shawnee National Forests lists it's address as Harrisburg IL. It is a favorite horseback riding area for lots of people. Hubby and I really really want to check it out but we are having trouble finding the time with DS playing high school football this year. I'm about 3 miles west of St. Louis in Missouri!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to j3Mel

Cool then, your not too far away from me either!

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979

HI ALL, I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU. WHAT IS THE BEST INK TO USE FOR CLEAR STAMPS? IM HAVING A HARD TIME GETTING THE INK TO TRANSFER CORRECTLY.

Jaycie6
Tenant
Jaycie6
In response to Mia1979

Mel,do you live around West County area? I live really close to St. Louis just on the IL side though.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 09-30-09 08:52 AM
In response to Jaycie6

I live in the sticks

my hometown is Salisbury....we are about 45 minutes north of Columbia, MIssouri

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to j3Mel

Morning! Just popping in to say hi...and Steph those new lo's look great...off to leave some love!

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to StaceyE

I have a question...if you make it to the top lo's in a challenge for voting...is it rude to vote for yourself?

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

Nope...you should always vote for yourself!!!

Thanks StaceyE!

Staz On is the best ink for acrylic stamps...just watched a Heidi Swapp video on sb.com referencing this!!!

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08

Mel-- I love that quote at the bottom of your siggy about the troops.

ACU here-- great new work ladies!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-30-09 12:26 PM

I was born and raised in Independence, Missouri. The other side of the state from St Louis.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to KimKV

Thanks guys for all of your love!!! I am soooo glad to be done with that kit...lol....doing the same theme over and over is definitely not my style!!!! Now, to move on to something different!!!

Hi Kim!!! How are you senior JAFFs doing??? LOL! Your the old folks...haha

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I love that quote too Mel...I know a few people I would be willing to push in front of them!!!

I like Kim's too...if God doesn't get headaches from us...then I have even more respect for him!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

Evening girls! Just popping in real quick to say Hi!

Stephanie--those new layouts are so pretty!

Off to ds's football game this evening. Keeping my fingers crossed for a win!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to cpowife

I'll keep my fingers crossed too!!!

Can I vent for a minute? Every year, my DH & father get together for a week and hunt (my parents come here and camp nearby). Well, I was just informed that my twin brother and his girlfriend and her bratty 4 yr old and their new 3 week old will be coming too!!! I am soooo mad!!! I will be the one expected to cook dinner for everyone and clean up all the messes (everyone is supposed to pitch in with food), plus have my home invaded. I love my brother...but he is the baby and my mom treats him like he is perfect and he hung the moon, and his girlfriend is an immature little brat, that I will now be forced to get along with for 4 days! Plus, I am supposed to be soooo excited to see their new baby...I am expected to go down there Sunday b/c she is being induced tomorrow, just so I can see the baby....but my twin brother and his 1st wife didn't come to see my DD until they came over for a get-together 3 weeks later, and my brother & his gf didn't see my DS until 2 weeks later when I went there for a get-together. Plus...I never got gifts from him when I had my children, but I am expected to get one for them (I already have)

Ohhhh....I am sooo angry right now!!! So sorry...I just had to get that out!!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

LOL...and this isn't even the SIL I don't like either...lol

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Ugh...Stephanie, that sucks!! I would go nuts having that many people around that I was expected to take care of. I babysit my niece a few days a week and just having her here for that long, I'm ready for her to go home when mama gets here!! I can't imagine doing it for 4 days straight!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

I am certainly not looking forward to it!!! It's the end of this month. I told my mom they could just eat together at the campground, but she thought that was just awful of me. It just annoys me b/c his gf thinks she is hot stuff and so pretty...you should see her my space...she takes hundreds of pictures of herself and puts them online. I just don't like people who have that high of an opinion of themselves.

With having 3 of my own children to contend with, I don't usually like to have extras anymore. I didn't mind before DS came along, but he is such a handful!!! I would love to have a friend to shop with and spend time with...but everyone I know has young kids, lol

NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom

Stephaie- Love thelayouts.

Not to much today. DD dr appt went great. They said she can re-start baby food. Try going up to 75mL for daytime feedings. We will try and see. Other then that,they said her range for hser o2 level 70-90

Ok well I will type more. DD wants to type on here.

NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom
In response to NewbieMom

Ok well I am back. DD is taking a nap. She only took a nap on the way home.

I am about beat. I sent DH out for a bit tonight.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to NewbieMom

I'm sure you are beat Sara! I don't know how you do it! Your doing a great job though!

I'm glad her Dr. appt. went well...although I don't know what the medical jargon means...lol

NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom

I have my second wind now. DH is home now. DD is up and wild.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to NewbieMom

Well...I'm up bright & early, with DS. I have got to figure out how to get him to sleep better...it isn't any fun to have a cranky little boy to deal with all day!!!

Well...let the fun begin, for the next 3 1/2 months, I will be like a single mom, as hunting season has officially begun and DH is out the door...lol!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

Good morning ladies!

Ds won his game last night 7-0.

If you don't see me on here for a few days it is because I woke up this morning with the awful cold my kids had last week. I'm am getting off of here now and going back to bed. Hope you all have a great day!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to cpowife

Hope you get to feeling better Stacey!!!

Congrats on the win though!!!

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva

Feel better Stacey. Congrats on the win!!!!

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

Well...I'm up bright & early, with DS. I have got to figure out how to get him to sleep better...it isn't any fun to have a cranky little boy to deal with all day!!!

Well...let the fun begin, for the next 3 1/2 months, I will be like a single mom, as hunting season has officially begun and DH is out the door...lol!

lmao!! I used to have a t-shirt that had a picture of a hunter stalking a huge moose, and the caption read "We interrupt your regularly scheduled marriage to bring you the hunting season"

Dh has pretty much given up hunting until he's done school, though. He doesn't have time to do both. Even now he's living away from us for the next 8 months - if he went hunting instead of visiting us, well....

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

LOL....I think I know what would happen if he went hunting instead of visiting you! I certainly know what would happen to my DH...but I don't think ANYTHING in this world or the next that would stop my DH from hunting!!!

We have a wall plaque that says that same thing, but it has a deer on it.

TiggerPooh2380
Expert
TiggerPooh2380

Hope everyone is doing good.. Just got home from the Cardiologist.. it wasnt fun, they had to do another EKG because I havent been improving like he wants, but the test was the same so that is good. I have anxiety apparently, which I pretty much already knew. Have to grocery shop later, so I wont get to scrap till late tonight!

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

Tonight I'm going to attempt making birthday invitations for my dd's birthday party. Its right around Halloween, and this year she wants a Halloween theme (sorry Stephanie lol). I'm going to make the cards with my cutting machine - they're going to be little Frankensteins (cute little cartoon ones, not creepy), and his suit jacket is going to open to reveal the information... I just hope I can make it work. If I get something done tonight I'll post it. Wish me luck, lol.

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

Oh and Steph, I forgot to mention. Dd was born on the opening day of elk season. She was five years old before she realized that this wasn't an actual day/month on the calendar. People looked at her oddly when she told them when her birthday was, lol.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

LOL...that is funny Tracy! Reminds me of my mom's story...her birthday is New Years Even and when she was a kid, she thought she was the only person who had to wait a WHOLE year for their birthday! Her dad had to explain to her that everyone did...lol!!! Kids are soooo cute!

You don't have to apologize to me...just b/c I don't like the holiday or celebrate it...doesn't mean other people can't or that I hold anything against them for doing so. I probably won't say any halloween LOs or cards are cute...but I'll say something...lol!

I got time to scrap today...go figure...no one was talking on here...lol! Almost got a page done...but I'm starting to doubt myself. Do you all think I over-embellish my pages? This page is really full...and I don't know if it is just too much.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Sorry to hear that you haven't improved Sarah...but it is good news that you aren't doing any worse!

TiggerPooh2380
Expert
TiggerPooh2380

Yes not doing worse is the best, espcially since worse results in a pacemaker. Thanks for the kind words. I am itching to go to HL and Js because I am buying things to emboss.. I am so excited (the hubby isnt so thrilled tho)

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls

Hiya everyone!

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

LOL...that is funny Tracy! Reminds me of my mom's story...her birthday is New Years Even and when she was a kid, she thought she was the only person who had to wait a WHOLE year for their birthday! Her dad had to explain to her that everyone did...lol!!! Kids are soooo cute!

You don't have to apologize to me...just b/c I don't like the holiday or celebrate it...doesn't mean other people can't or that I hold anything against them for doing so. I probably won't say any halloween LOs or cards are cute...but I'll say something...lol!

I got time to scrap today...go figure...no one was talking on here...lol! Almost got a page done...but I'm starting to doubt myself. Do you all think I over-embellish my pages? This page is really full...and I don't know if it is just too much.

I don't think you over embellish at all! But then, I just love that look.

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

• TiggerPooh2380 Said:
Yes not doing worse is the best, espcially since worse results in a pacemaker. Thanks for the kind words. I am itching to go to HL and Js because I am buying things to emboss.. I am so excited (the hubby isnt so thrilled tho)

Hubby will get over it, lmao!

TiggerPooh2380
Expert
TiggerPooh2380

yeah, I told him he could buy a game so that when I then said what I wanted to buy he wouldnt complain but he caught on to fast.. because as soon as I said something about the game he said... what do you want? lol I sold some of my lace weight yarn (which I hate to work with) so I am buying it with that, so it gives him less to whine about

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

I have a couple of people coming over tomorrow night to scrap!!!! One of them is just starting out. Woo hoo I am soooo excited. I have lived in this city for two years and have hardly met anyone, never mind someone who scraps... I told dh tonight (he knows I've been lonely etc) and he said don't spend too much money. I hadn't even thought about going shopping, tbh. Dh pointed out that since the one lady is just starting out, she'll need to borrow a lot of stuff, and that its expensive. Finally he just said "hide the good stuff" LMAO! That's my hubby

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Tracy...thanks for the encouragement...I haven't done anything else with this LO b/c I am doubting myself so much!!!

Sarah, I am just starting embossing too. I bought 3 packs of a la mode embossing powder off of evilbay and just got it today! I'm really excited to get started....but not on this LO...lol!!!

That's great about scrappy company Tracy!! I was lookin up Stampin Up demonstrators and found 3 right in the area...so it would be interesting to maybe meet some scrappers IRL!!! Don't feel bad...I have lived here for 6 years now and have no friends...I have acquaintances, but no real friends!!! You are lucky! And yeah...hide the good stuff!!!

NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom

Hi everyone . Just checking in. Got a busy day ahead of us. Going Shopping.

Ok well off to write some thank you cards.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to NewbieMom

Going shopping at 10 pm? Or going shopping tomorrow? I never know with your schedule...lol!!!

NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom
In response to NewbieMom

Oh ya I am going on Saturday to the salon at 2PM. Getting a hair cut,eyebrows waxed and a few highlights. I will be so happy.

Page 2 of 113 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics