Page 3 of 113 
Username Post: Delete        (Topic#1516637)
StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to NewbieMom

Oh...what a makeover can do for the spirit!!! I'm glad you are getting a chance to go!!

My brothers GF went in at 7:30 this morn to be induced, she just texted and is only at an 8. They are going to take it by c-section if she doesn't do anything in half an hour. Everyone told her not to get induced, but she wouldn't listen!!! That's the immaturity I was talking about...thinks she knows everything.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to NewbieMom

Good eveingin ladies. I just want to say that I am soryy that I haven't been on here much this week...it has been a crazy, stressful one for sure! My sis is getting married on Sat, and between her being sick and some not so good family issues it has been a LONG week! Id id get a chance to hang out in my scrap room for a bit today and I got a few layouts done which has helped the stress levels a bit.

King of the Castle By Godschild94

W By Godschild94

Birthday Girl By Godschild94

I probably won't be back until about Monday so have a great weekend everyone!

miniscraper
Idol
miniscraper
In response to godschild94

Can I start a 3rd thread?

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to miniscraper

• miniscraper Said:
Can I start a 3rd thread?

You will have to ask Kim...the creator of JAFF...the first one! She gave me permission to start this thread.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StarsNSparkles

Those are some great LOs Janeen!

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva

Good morning! TGIF!! Will catch up tonight

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 10-02-09 05:11 AM
In response to Scrapping Diva

mornin' girls. back in the office today so lots to catch up on

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to j3Mel

Good morning Mel!

Well...my new niece was taken by c-section at 11:30 something last night. Her name is Maycee and she weighed 7 lbs 10 oz and was 19" long.

TiggerPooh2380
Expert
TiggerPooh2380

I am going to my SIL's to scrap.. people get up at this hour??? See you all when I am back!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to TiggerPooh2380

LOL...I get up at 5:30 everyday but the weekends...then no later than 7!

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to NewbieMom

• NewbieMom Said:
Oh ya I am going on Saturday to the salon at 2PM. Getting a hair cut,eyebrows waxed and a few highlights. I will be so happy.

You're so lucky! I need some serious maintenance lol. My eyebrows are starting to look like a caterpillars (but just one, like a monobrow lol). Have fun!

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

• Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic Said:
Good morning Mel!

Well...my new niece was taken by c-section at 11:30 something last night. Her name is Maycee and she weighed 7 lbs 10 oz and was 19" long.

Congratulations, Auntie!

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to Dancing Queen

Janeen, your layouts are gorgeous! Would you mind if I lifted your layout of the dog? We just got a puppy, and that is toooo sweet:) Prett please?

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

Asking for permission to scraplift just reminded me I was a naughty girl. I lifted a layout and didn't ask for permission. Stephanie, I lifted your layout of "dedicated to god". I always ask for permission, I don't know why I didn't. 75% of my layouts start out as lifts, even if there's no resemblance when I'm done If you say its ok, I'll take a pic and post it...

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

Hmmmm, I have taken over the board. Maybe I'll try to keep my conversation in one post...... But that would take forethought, and I just don't have that.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

LOL Tracy...take up as much space as you want!!! I am actually very honored that you would scraplift one of mine, and I definitely want to see it!!!! I don't know of anyone who has scraplifted me before!!! WOW!!! You have really made my day!!!!

Don't worry about me...you don't have to ask...and I don't need credit for it either...I'm just not that type of person. I do give credit when I copy ideas...but I don't need it for myself.

TiggerPooh2380
Expert
TiggerPooh2380

Holy cow 530!!!! thats what time I am falling in to a deep sleep. Srapbooking at my SILs was alright, but its a PITA lugging all the ******** there.. next time I will have a set amt, but my sil likes to use some of my things so I like bringing lots..lol

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

That's probably the #1 reason why I don't scrapbook more - hauling everything out and then putting it away again. I built a scraproom (yes, from scratch, all by my lonesome lol), thinking this would solve my problem, but I still bring everything upstairs lol.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I don't think I would scrap much if I had to pull it out and put it away every time! Just too much work for me...lol. Before we moved, I didn't have anywhere to set it up...so I just didn't scrap. In our new house, I have my own scraproom/office...so it's always out. I have no interest in going to crops or going other places to scrap. And...I'm selfish, I wouldn't want to share my stuff...lol...I mean, geesh...this stuff is expensive!!

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08

I have a scraproom and I never use it! Lol. I feel isolated back there-- and I like to be around my hubby when he is home.

Congrats on the new niece Stephanie!

Here is a new one from me... it feels good to be scrappin again!

It's 5:00 Some Where
By Happygirl08

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to happygirl08

I so wish I had a scrap room! Everything is in bins and rolling carts shoved in a closet so I have to drag it all out and put it all away and sometimes an idea will hit me and I just don't want to bother with the hassle of it...I'm trying to convince my kids to share a room!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

I told DH we needed to go ahead and kick out DSS...because I was outgrowing my scrap room...lol! He won't let me though! Says 12 yr olds have no business on the street.

TiggerPooh2380
Expert
TiggerPooh2380

I went to her house to scrapbook once before, but I didnt really have anything so it wasnt bad.. but man I live upstairs too, so lugging it all down there was a pain. on a side note I went to HL and Js and neither had the 180 sheet stack of xmas paper.. I was SOO sad, hl looked like they were out of it, and Js didnt get it in yet, I asked the manager who cashed me out at Js and she said im surprised we dont have it yet, but I dont know when we will.... gee thanks!! So I am trying to be patient.. But I want it NOOOOWWWWW!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

LOL...don't you hate it when you go for something that you KNOW they should have...and just when you are there, they don't have it???

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

Stephanie, here's my lift, I'm glad you didn't mind

Rose Garden
By Swatmommy

My question - I have a purple flower (I just need to mist it to tone down the brightness). Should I add it? Where should I put it? I'm thinking kind of over the leafy thing, what do y'all think? Leave it? Add it? Dilemnas!!

Edited by swatmommy on 10-03-09 07:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 10-03-09 08:45 AM

scraprooms When we finished a bedroom in the basement for DD, I got her old bedroom upstairs, which happens to share a wall with out living room/family room. Somehow I talked hubby into cutting a big "window" in the wall looking into the living room. I have not put the shutters up on it yet, he says it doesn't need them BUT I can sit at my scrapdesk and see into the living room/kitchen/dining room while my family is all doing whatever and still scrap. I love love love it.

MOst people come to my house if they want to scrap since I have more than most of them and they want to use all the tools I have. I occasionally pack up and go somewhere but it has to be a several day crop for me to put that much effort into it. I can never decide on what to take and what to leave at home.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to j3Mel

That would be nice Mel...seeing all your family. Mine opens to the family room, so I can see some of what is going on.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I think the flower would be pretty if you added it...but I like flowers, and I like lots of stuff on LOs...lol!!! Just wait til you see the one I'll post in a little while...it is FULL!!!

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

I think you should def. add the flower...down by the leaf thing and the journaling spot...cute lo and lift!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

Here's my LO & card...told you the LO was FULL!!! But DH likes it and he wants me to frame it rather than put it in my book...and he wants me to make couple LOs for his granparents, parents, and Uncle for Christmas...so that made me feel really good!!!

Every time I take a picture of a card...it comes out blurry, so what is the trick to it??

Welcome Maycee
By Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic

in Love with you Truly, Madly, Deeply
By Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

That's so sweet that DH wants you to frame it! I think it's too pretty to be put away in a book too!

NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom

Hi girls.

Sorry I was not on yesterday. We had a busy day. Had a good day shopping. DD loved it. I got some new clothes and some scrap things.

I went today to the salon and I love my hair. I got a few highlights. Makes my hair look so much better. Kinda makes me look younger. I even got my eyebrows waxed and I loved how she did it. I feel sexy for some reason today. Hum.. could be becuase I wore one of my new outfits today and got a make over? Let's hope DH loves it. I got my highlights a blond color but I forget what the call it.

Now I am broke but oh well. At least I got some much needed things this time around.

I guess we wore DD out yesterday because she was in bed elalrly lastnight so was I.

Ok well DH and I are going out tonight. He needs to buy some new tool thing.

I wish I had a scraproom. Someday I will. I just sit in the space below the TV and scrap. That is also where DD can see me as well when she is in her crib.

DD is napping. This is her first nap of the day. MIL and her took me to the salon today. She would not go to sleep intill I got home. FIL came and got me(I can't drive becuase of my heart right now)

Stephanie- Congrats on you'r new niece. My wrost fear when I went into laber with DD was that something would go wrong and I would need a C-S but didnt. My labor was only 8hrs when I finally went to the hospital. I had contractions on and off before my water broke. Contractions on and off that Saturday and had her on Sunday. Water broke at midnight Sunday. I just know next time, no paid meds.

Ok well DH is home so.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to NewbieMom

Pain meds are good...lol I recommend them highly!!!

Sounds like you had a great day both yesterday and today!! Have fun tonight with your DH

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-03-09 03:15 PM

Hello Junior JAFFS!!!

Could you ladies cast your votes here:

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15172...

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979

I created these three last night. Im hoping to get some done after the kids go to sleep...

Little Big Girl
By Mia1979

The Hustler
By Mia1979

Little Follower
By Mia1979

NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom
In response to Mia1979

Hi girls. DH didnt get his tool becuase the one store we went too,didnt have it . Oh well. I guess on Sunday we are going to try another store. Then he wants to stop at the private club we belong too for the football game.

Other then that, we went to dinner and it was great. Stoped at the pravite club we belong too and I could have only 2 drinks. I can't drink like I use anymore. Oh well.

TiggerPooh2380
Expert
TiggerPooh2380
In response to NewbieMom

I know what you mean, I cant drink at all because of the meds I am on for my heart.. I only drank a couple times of year, so I dont miss it much.

creater1
Diva
creater1

Well the work week is over and it's SCRAPPIN TIME AGAIN. I will post once I get something done. But I want to share my day at work with you guys.
One you first have to know that I am afraid of just about everything.
Two I work in for several Vet which my previous occupation was human medicine (which nothing scares me there)
Yesterday I receive a call requesting to bring in a large reptile. Ugh... as I collected myself I strangle out the word could you be more specific how large of a reptile are you refering to? The caller replied a 12ft python. We rarely see a little snake let alone a Zoo animal. We the Dr agreed to see it. So we he brought it in he was kind enough to have the snake confirmed. I went about my business and politely ask to keep his pet confined til I could get the information I needed and then I would excuse myself.
Then....curiousity got me so I ask if I could just see the head of it. So he got it out and I was still very leary but curious so it got all 12 ft of the snake out and yes I left the room quickly. As I watch from afar I decided that you only live once so I accepted his offer to hold this rare snake only the head and only if he would help me in case I got scare I could hand it back to him fast.
What I did not expect was his girlfriend to put the large snake on my neck. I tried to stay calm but I was TERRIFIED and shaking like a leaf. Here is the proof my family is so shocked this is so out of character for me.

Terrified
By Creater1
Keep in mind this was my idea. The guy and his girlfriend where actually very awesome. He really took alot of time to educate our staff and tell us how to handle a snake safely.
But I already know how and that is DON'T.
Really just a once in a life time occurrance. I only wanted to do it once that's all.

Edited by creater1 on 10-04-09 08:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to creater1

I would have peed myself!! Did you get pictures????!!!!

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979

dropping off a few. hope you like.....how did everyones weekend go??? mine was ok. i went to get my hair done. i like it better this time. 2 weeks ago i whacked it all off and i hated it. didnt quite turn out the way i wanted but yesterday i asked her to keep it straighter instead of curling it so tight and i love it

Beach Babes
By Mia1979

Fierce
By Mia1979

Everything...
By Mia1979

Real Tough
By Mia1979

Was Teething That Bad?
By Mia1979

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to Mia1979

NO NO Tracey this was nothing to get irritated remember I ask for it.

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to creater1

• creater1 Said:
NO NO Tracey this was nothing to get irritated remember I ask for it.

Even if it was my idea, I STILL would have peed myself, lmao!! My brother used to have three small snakes (right around 12-18" long I think) and they were bad enough in their cage

creater1
Diva
creater1

Tracy no body ask me if I peed myself and I am not telling. LOL

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to creater1

What you guys really need to know is when our kids were little boys we were in an exotic pet store with lots of lizards, snakes, birds etc. My husband was ask by the manager to please take me out of his store.
This is how I remember it. We went in for hamsters for our 3 boys. As we were walking around I turned a corner and a very large parrot was right there in my face screeching. 1st scream. Then around another corner was something else that set me off and then and then. Ya get the picture. The last straw was my little 4 year old was laying down on the floor face to face with a snake and then I did scream what I did not realize is that there was a glass barrier between him and this snake that looked like it might be ready to strike any moment. That's when the manager politely ask my husband to please take me OUT OF HIS STORE!
So this is one more reason that I had to capture the moment for my family to let them know that I have grown up and that I can go places now.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-04-09 02:56 PM
In response to creater1

Oh Jackie!! You're a hoot woman!!

You'd die at my house!! I feed chipmunks - out of my hand. Squirrels an occasional raccoon and several birds.

We also have a nest of gardner snakes in our front yard. We discovered it while we retreiving some river rock we had sumped out by an old rock wall. DH scooped up two in a shovel before we decided it must be a nest. So I put the one I had in a bucket back and covered them back up.

Oh and I also don't kill wolfspiders, grandaddy longleggs or lizzards.

Edited by KimKV on 10-04-09 02:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to KimKV

I'm such a meanie. I do not coexist in my space with creepie crawlies, lol. Dd has such a soft heart, she asks me "mom, can't you just TRY to be nice to them?" nope...

creater1
Diva
creater1

This is my one and only exception Tracy otherwise I am right there with ya.
Everyone remember this was ONLY for the love of scrapping the moment.

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to creater1

Kim
You will appreciate this story and it is only one of many boat stories but it also has a snake in it as well.
We were at the lake in the boat. First some facts. Remember I am afraid of just about everything and I don't swim.
I was bobbing out in the lake in my trusted life jacket and across the water surface I see a telescope looking thing coming closer. The husband who's the almighty boater is still in the boat tied up to the dock. Ummm.... I should have known then that their is a reason for that and of course I ask him why he is not in the water on a day that it is over 100 degrees. His sweaty response oh I am listening to the stereo. Just then he notices the moving object in the water and yells hey Jackie there is a snake in the water! By this time I am already trying very hard to get back to the boat as fast as I can. My respond NO KIDDING that is why I am walking on water.
Once I am safely in the boat and the snake goes swimming by I tell dh lets go over and see if we can tell what kind of snake it is. No dh says it just a regular old snake no big deal.
Well let me tell ya. We get back to the marina and tell this to the Ranger and he says oh yeah that area over there is notorious for Rattlesnakes there all over up here. Ugh.... and to think I trusted him.
Raising 3 boys and the dh I have tons of these stories. More boat stories than you can even imagine Kim.

kreations
Idol
kreations
In response to creater1

Hi everyone!
Just wanted to share the reasons why my house looked a mess for most of the weekend. lol.

Best Friends 4 Ever
By Kreations Changes By Kreations

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to kreations

Jackie...there is NO way I would've done what you did...not even for the scrappy moment...not even for the family sharing...NOTHING would've convinced me to do that...so my hat is off to you!!! You goooo girl!!!!

Tracy....I am right there with you...if it is creepy and crawly...it is dead...and there is NO way I would allow a nest of gardner snakes to live in my front yard...OMG...I would DIE!!!!

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08

Lol meeee neither Stephanie! I hate all bugs/reptiles... whatever!

I am acu right now... hopefully I stay that way for at least a day... lol

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I'm ACU too...just got done! LOL

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Evening! Just got acu myself!
I feel like this was a crazy weekend...I know it might sound crazy to most people, but being a SAHM...I LOVE Mondays! Everyone back at work and school and I get some peace and quiet around here..so needless to say I'm looking forward to tomorrow...hopefully I can get some scrapping done!
Love the snake pic Jackie! I don't mind big snakes like that...I'm more afraid of a little mouse running around...or cockroaches...don't get me started on cockroaches...ugh, now my skin is crawling!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

OMG...do NOT get me started on mice!!! They are my biggest fear in the world!!! When I first bought my own home, it was just me and my DD. The house had mice in it and I didn't know!!! I almost moved back to my parent's house b/c of the mice!!! I can't stand them little nasty things!!!! UGH!!!!

I know what you mean Stacey...although, I am only a SAHM until the unemployment runs out...if not before...lol!!! I love being home though.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

We share part of our back fence with an abandoned house and their yard is all overgrown and the neighbors told us they were total pack rats so I know they have critter issues over there because our cat will come tearing through a hole in the fence chasing mice into our yard!! So then I'm out there cleaning up dog poop and I come across a dead mouse and it traumatizes me!
But at least the cat is earning her keep!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

That is the main reason I even own cats!!! I had to have mousers! My problem is, when my cat catches a mouse...she will wait til I go outside, and bring it to me!!! She wants my praise and attention for being such a good cat...so here I am trying to pet her and praise her for doing so good and the whole time she has a mouse in her mouth!!! At least it is already dead!!! I used to have an inside cat that would do the same thing...but she would wait til I was home alone to bring it to me...freaked me out every time!!!

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Yes Steph, I am feeling your pain! Lola's brought a couple in the house and once DH wasn't home and I was SCREAMING and freaking out and even woke up DD and I had to go out to the garage to get the shovel and I was thinking if that rat (yes is was a ginormous rat!!) is playing dead and it's running around when I come back in the house then I am outta here and DH better get over here and get the kids because I am not going to be hangin out here with some rodent running loose! Luckily it stayed dead. I love how cats think they're really giving us a treat!

kreations
Idol
kreations
In response to StaceyE

Good morning!
Glad you like Mondays StacyE cus they make me sick...literally. Sunday afternoon I'm already dreading what could go wrong on Monday. Ugh.

This is what I think of mice Can't stand em.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to kreations

I would be gone too Stacey...when the cat was in the house and brought me a mouse...I left, but left a note for DH telling him to get rid of it before I came home!!!! I wasn't coming back until that mouse was gone!!! I couldn't imagine a rat...I think I would seriously have a heart attack!!!! If I know there are mice in the house...I feel like they are crawling on me...it is the weirdest sensation to have your skin crawl!!!

Good morning everyone! Monday morning is here!!! Time to start the week! Going to try to start exercising again...I've been back on my diet for a few days now, so time to get it in gear! Went and saw my new niece yesterday, she is a little doll!!! Head full of dark hair, and the longest little toes you have ever seen!!!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

Good morning ladies! I'm feeling a little better.

Congrats on the new niece Stephanie!

As far as scraprooms go, I don't have one. I have a huge desk in the living room. DD is going to be headed to college next year and DH keeps telling me that I can have her room. haha! I will just stick with the desk, I would feel guilty if I took her room away from her.

I haven't found a bug/insect/rodent yet that I like.

StaceyE--I love Mondays also!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to cpowife

Good morning Stacey! I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better!!! You've been away sick for a while now!!!

I just want to take a moment to say if you find the thread overwhelming and you cannot keep up with the LOs or the talking, or if you find that you have changed your mind and do not want to be a part, please just take a moment to let me know! There are several people who would love to join this thread or the JAFF thread, so lets give them a chance if you have changed your mind!!! There will be no hard feelings, we all understand how life can get busy or take a different turn...so just be considerate and let us know please!!!

This thread is about becoming friends and taking a moment to leave a comment on new LOs posted here. The point of the group is for slower scrappers to be involved in a thread that you do get some love on your LOs but are not overwhelmed with LOs to keep up with on comments!!!

Those of you who are staying involved and participating...you know this isn't for you...lol

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

Thanks! My dd has it now, again! This will be her 2nd time with it. Needless to say, I am sanitizing my house today.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to cpowife

I understand that! My DD is staying home sick today, but I think it is more the power of suggestion than her being sick...if you KWIM! Her friend was sick, so now, she is sick. I don't know...she is such a worry wart and everything she hears bad she thinks is going to happen to her. It is very annoying...lol!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

My dd is still in bed sleeping. She was starting to feel better last night but I didn't want to push it by sending her to school today. Hope your dd feels better soon!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to cpowife

Thanks...lol...I'm sure she will feel better as soon as 8:00 rolls around...lol! It drives me nuts! But...she'll help with DS today...lol...ain't I awful!!!

If she was really sick, like your DD, then I would do the same as you. I hope she finishes recovering today! Are you a SAHM?

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

I am a SAHM. I get really bored sometimes. There is only so much cleaning I can do. haha!

I have had no scrappy mojo at all lately. DH went and got me some scrappy magazines to look at in bed when I was sick. Hopefully that was the push I needed.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to cpowife

Oh...that was sooo sweet of him! My DH would never do that unless I asked him to...then he might...lol!!!

I would love to be a SAHM all the time, but unfortunately, I have to work!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

I have thought about going and getting a part time job since my kids are getting older but everytime i think about it, something happens. Like, ds falling at school and getting a concusion, or gettin hurt at football practice. Everytime something like that happens, my hubby will look at me and say, thank goodness you were able to get to him. Maybe one day when they are both moved out I will get a job. haha!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to cpowife

Aww shoot...if you don't have to work, then don't do it...lol...IMO anyway!!!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

My dh says I do work but he just can't afford to pay me what I am worth. haha!

Well, I'm off to start on my cleaning. Hope you have a great day and your dd feels better!

Jaycie6
Tenant
Jaycie6
In response to cpowife

Good morning Ladies!

That snake pic was not a good way to start off the morning! LOL!

I haven't been on much this week-end...extremely busy with the kids sports.

One question. When you all say 'acu' do you really mean that you are ALL caught up on scrapbooking?

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Jaycie6

No Jill...it means we are all caught up on giving love (leaving comments) to the layouts that were posted in the thread.

Jaycie6
Tenant
Jaycie6

LOL @ myself! Can you tell I'm new?!? I was like, 'gosh, these girls are good staying caught up!'.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Jaycie6

LOL...I doubt anyone will ever be caught up on scrapping...lol...at least if they take pics like I do! I'm about 5 years behind!!!

Leaving comments is a small requirement of joining the thread, hence my post above as a reminder. Everyone loves to go to their gallery and see a few comments from friends. It helps us know what people like, maybe what isn't such a hit. Makes us feel good about our work. Just a complimentary thing.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 10-05-09 06:25 AM

hi girls Haven't been around too much lately. I'm really really far behind on comments and haven't scrapped a thing in weeks. I did get my scraproom all cleaned up yesterday though and got some things organized a little better so I'm hoping to work on some stuff this week. Football game tonight so probably won't get to do anything tonight I want about a 2 week vacation with nowhere to go and time to work on all the projects I have at home that I'm behind on

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 10-05-09 06:50 AM
In response to j3Mel

mms

Jaycie6
Tenant
Jaycie6

So that is why people say 'mms'? I think I'm catching on. Sorry to those who's posted LO's! I truly did oooh and ahhhed over them... just didn't leave a comment. But now I know better!

kreations
Idol
kreations
In response to Jaycie6

Stacey - I say that if I didn't have to work outside of the home I wouldn't but I could see how that would be boring. Just as you probably know the cons of working outside as I do (all too well). I guess the grass is always greener...lol.

Jill- It's ok. I just learned what acu meant about a week or two ago. lol.

Have a great day ladies.

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to cpowife

• cpowife Said:
My dh says I do work but he just can't afford to pay me what I am worth. haha!

Well, I'm off to start on my cleaning. Hope you have a great day and your dd feels better!

Where can I get a dh like yours!! I can have a crazy hectic day (swimming lessons, Scouts, dance lessons, cleaning, etc) but when dh gets home he looks at the dishes in the sink (because I JUST fed the kids) and asks what I did all day!!!! And its not because he's actually curious and wants to know about my day, he says it with contempt... Urrrghhhh!! But everytime I suggest that its time for me to go back to work, he's against it. It like beating my head against a wall...

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

All righty, I'm off to get all caught up

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to cpowife

Good morning everyone.
Steph glad you got to see the new baby.
Tracy glad that you are feeling better.
Today is my Sun then back to work tues thru Sat.
The weather is rainly and gloomy so I think I will work on some sunny zoo pictures and not look outside.
We had such a short summer here and then bam it is winter. Not even time to change the closet from summer gear to winter. Ugh... I hate the cold.
Chat later, gotta get some scrapping done in order to post some productivity. Happy Monday everyone.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 10-05-09 09:03 AM

• swatmommy Said:

don't forget to mark your spot!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to j3Mel

LOL...you guys are funny! It is difficult to learn all the abbreviations. Sometimes, I will see one in 20 posts before it clicks in my head what it stands for. There is a list of the abbreviations though if you are interested, its under the help tab (yellow) at the top.

My DH is like yours Tracy. He comes home and looks around and asks what I've been doing. I feel like I have to justify myself to him...its not right! But today, I've been EXTREMELY lazy!!! I did wash off the fronts of all the cabinets, but then went up and laid down with DS for 2 hours...I'm just now getting ready to go take my shower. I'm awful, I know!

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

Oh, I would soooo love a nap right now lol. Ds has a friend over for the day, or I would be very tempted. He's pretty much done napping, but sometimes... I stayed up really late last night priming the bathroom ceiling, tonight I'll be painting it. We just had some repair work done... But of course dh will forget...

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Tracy how old is your DS? I had my kids napping until they started school because Mommy needs some quiet time! Luckily they were good nappers...my niece is only 8 months and she hardly naps at all...I would go nuts!

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to StaceyE

Here's one I finally finished...why is it the "simple" ones take the longest??
home sweet holidays By StaceyE

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

Ugh...StaceyE...every LO I do takes a long time! I am really, really struggling with the one I'm working on...I'm trying to use dotted grungeboard, and I just don't think I care for the look, but I want to use it...lol! I don't know if I know how to do a simple one!

I love your LO though! Love the colors!

I got a 2nd nap when DH woke up. He took DS outside with him for about an hour and I slept lightly. DS takes naps and will for as long as I can get him too....but if I don't lay down with him, his nap is only about 30-45 min, whereas if I lay down with him, it is 2-3 hours.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

I feel like I've lost my scrappin mojo...but I better find it because I signed up for numerous challenges and I hate when I flake on a challenge...I feel guilty like I didn't do my homework!

Nice that you got a nap in Steph! Sometimes I'm so tired but with the kids at school I feel like if I nap I'll somehow miss out on being alone and relaxing...I don't know if that made sense at all except that DS was up at 5 today and I'm tired and should have taken a nap...

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

It made sense...I always think I should take advantage of the time DS is sleeping and do something, like scrap, but I am just sooo tired! I will regret these naps when I have to go back to work though!!!

I know what you mean...I signed up for the personals challenge and I have to use purple as the main part of my LO, but I'm the type that my picture has to match my paper and I have absolutely no pictures with purple in them. I keep telling DD I'm going to dress her in purple and take some pics, but haven't. Before I know it, the month will be gone and I won't have my challenge done, so I need to get it in gear.

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08

I watch an (almost) 3 month old in my home (I used to work in the schools here on post doing a mentor program, but it got shut down because it lost funding when the economy went South.) Anyway, back to the baby... I have a WHOLE new respect for SAHM's. Holy moly!!! I have cabin fever soooo so so bad right now... I can't get ANYTHING done around my house-- if I run the dishwasher it wakes the baby, if I run the water to do the dishes it wakes the baby... lol. DH was sooo spoiled before.. he'd come home to a spotless house with dinner on the stove. Now he comes home and looks at me like what have you been doing all day??? This is really good practice for when we have our own kids I guess-- but man, it is a crazy hard job. I really wish I could find an administrative job here-- but the market around the base is HORRIBLE. sigh. Maybe one day...

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08

Oh oh speaking of challenges... I signed up for my first challenges this month!! So today while the baby is napping, I found a few mins to finish a lo I did for the sketch wk #1 challenge. The only thing I had left to add was my title. I am a thickers freak, but I didn't have any that matched my lo, so I decided I'd use my slice for a title. I remember I unplugged it a few weeks ago when I was cleaning off my desk. I start looking for my charger and I can't find it ANYWHERE. DH had gone through all the electronics 2 weeks ago and threw out all the chargers that don't match something. So then I put 2 and 2 together. DH threw my charger away!!! I was sooooo mad at him!!! I didn't get to post my LO and I am sliceless for now. Sorry... had to rant. lol

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Is this their first child Gen? I made the mistake when DD was born that she had to have quiet to sleep so we all tip toed around and she would wake up at the slightest noise...(she's 7 and still does this!) So when DS came along we did the opposite and made sure he could sleep through our noisy house and now he can sleep anywhere no matter the noise...So I wonder if they're making the same mistake a lot of first time parents make...
This will be good practice for you though! I always say we should get practice babies to make all our mistakes on so when we have our own kids we'll know better!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

That's a great idea StaceyE!!!! I just wonder what happens to all the practice children when we've got it down pat??? I had the same problem with DD, but it's just b/c we had a quiet household. There was no TV on the main level of the house, which is where she was most of the time, and I lived with my parents, so there just wasn't much noise. My DS can sleep through anything, lots of times during his nap, we actually leave the TV on to give him the noise factor.

I miss soooo bad having a 3 month old! Holding my 4 day old niece yesterday made me want another soooo bad!!! DH would never go for it...but I can wish!!! All I got to say is I love the old poem...settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm rocking my baby and baby's don't keep!!! Your house can be clean later, your children will grow up. I know you are just babysitting Gen...but even so, enjoy it!!! What's a spotless house gonna get you anyway...lol

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Yeah....the "left over babies" are the only flaw in my plan!!
I have to say Steph...I'm the total opposite. Now that I watch my niece I'm sooooo glad we decided not to have any more kiddos...it's just nice having our own time back! I don't know how people do it with three and four kids...God bless um!

Jaycie6
Tenant
Jaycie6
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
  • swatmommy Said:

don't forget to mark your spot!!

HEY! Quit making fun of me!!! LOL!

NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom
In response to Jaycie6

Hi girls. Just checking inn.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to NewbieMom

Hi Sara...how are you doing?

Well...hmmm...we are raising 3 kids....I'm not sure how we do it either...lol! Plus, we pay child support to support a 4th...and I still want another...but in my defense, I only have two of those!! I always wanted a lot of kids...babies running around!!! I know people that have 10, 11, or 12 kids...I wouldn't want that many, but I would like just one more...that is all! I keep telling DH it isn't fair that he has more than me...but he tells me I will always say that no matter how many we have...lol! I really just want one more baby girl.

NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom

Stephanie,

I am doing good. Today I felt like pooh for most of the day. My stomach was upset. Could have been the pizza that I had for lunch. Other then that,ok. Got a dr appt in the afternoon on Tuesday. Might head over to the gym that I am going to sign up for after wards to check it out.MIL is going to take DD for me to her sister's while I am at the dr's.

My chest hurts now. Who knows why. I just hope next week,they fix my heart.

We plan on having 2 more kids and that will be it.

Oh ya we are thinking about adding another breaded dragon to our family.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to NewbieMom

LOL...I was sittin here wonderin what a breaded dragon was...lol...duh!!!

I'm sorry that you haven't been feeling good Sara! You've got your hands full and then to have problems with your heart...just isn't fun!!! That's good though that your in-laws help out so much!! I know certain foods upset my stomach...so hopefully it was just that.

If you don't mind me asking, will all of the children that you have have the same problems as your DD?

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 10-05-09 08:02 PM

• Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic Said:
It made sense...I always think I should take advantage of the time DS is sleeping and do something, like scrap, but I am just sooo tired! I will regret these naps when I have to go back to work though!!!

I know what you mean...I signed up for the personals challenge and I have to use purple as the main part of my LO, but I'm the type that my picture has to match my paper and I have absolutely no pictures with purple in them. I keep telling DD I'm going to dress her in purple and take some pics, but haven't. Before I know it, the month will be gone and I won't have my challenge done, so I need to get it in gear.

purple and black make great halloween layouts no matter what the costume............oh yeah, and deep dark purple makes a great background on fall leaves pictures too

Page 3 of 113 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics