Page 5 of 113 
Username Post: Delete        (Topic#1516637)
cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to StarsNSparkles

Congrats on the new stove!!!! We had a new one in our house when we bought it, but it is a very basic one. I want a new one so bad but can't seem to spend the money since this one is new and works.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to cpowife

Well...if we had had a decent one, I would've waited, b/c we really can't afford it at this time with Christmas right around the corner....but mine really was awful!!! Everytime I used the stove, I set off the smoke detector! Their was no low setting on the burners, seemed to be either extremely high or not at all! Plus, the grease and dirt was built up so bad by the previous owners on parts of the stove, that there was no way I could get it clean...and believe me, I tried more than once!!!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

There isn't anything wrong with ours. Just the very basic of basics. I think they bought the cheapest one they could, so they could list the house with a NEW stove.

I'm on a roll. I got a load of laundry going and dinner in the crock pot. Woohoo!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to cpowife

Woohoo for you...you are doing better than I...lol! But...I did do my laundry yesterday...whites are soaking and I need to fold towels, but everything else is done. Not sure about dinner tonight...guess it depends if my new stove is installed yet or not. Should be....DH just needs to pick up a new connection!

Our stove we bought for our old house was pretty basic, only extra it had was a clock and timer. This one is pretty basic too...DH wanted to keep a gas stove rather than switch to electric. It does have the stove buttons on the display with the clock, but other than that...pretty basic. We tried to stay low on the expense side.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

Mine doesn't even have a clock! haha!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to cpowife

LOL....I love having a clock!! Just find a way to set it on fire or something, then DH will have to let you get a new one...lol

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

i will just keep it until we need to replace it I guess. I would love one with a self cleaning feature though. We had one like that at our old house.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to cpowife

My new one doesn't have that. We almost got one that did...but DH wanted to bring it home with us...and the one we liked with that feature had to be ordered. We would've taken the black or silver, rather than white...b/c the sticker said those were in stock...but turned out they weren't...so we got a different one. We were going to buy a used one, but the place we went to wanted $300-$350 for one and I told DH I wasn't going to spend that much on a used one when I could get a brand new one for $100 more.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

I think I would have paid the extra for a new one also for that price.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to cpowife

Yeah...didn't make sense to me to buy a used one at that price with no warranty, no telling what is has been through or what could've been wrong with it...when a brand new one was just a little more with a 1 year warranty. We never buy the extended warranties...waste of money IMO.

So...besides laundry...what are you going to do?

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

I am hoping to do some scrapbook time, but I doubt that will happen. Hubby is going golfing on Sunday, so if I don't get in anytime today, I will definately get it in then.

You?

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to cpowife

My mom is coming over today to pick up DD to stay the weekend with her. They get out early today and don't have school Monday. I just finished most of the bookkeeping I have to do...so I'm off to get ready! I will talk to you later.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

Have fun!

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to cpowife

Morning! Just checking in...

NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom
In response to StaceyE

Hello girls.

Just waiting for DD OT to get here. And I need to scrap really bad.

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to NewbieMom

Hiya just checking in. I'm gonna be MIA for the weekend, its Thanksgiving here and dh is coming home for the long weekend.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom
In response to Dancing Queen

Hi girls.

Not to much here. I hope I can scrap tonight but DH is in a cleaning mood. So who knows what will happen tonight.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to NewbieMom

DH in a cleaning mood??? I say count yourself lucky!

NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom
In response to StaceyE

Yes. He loves to clean. Now only if I can get him to clean the shower then I would be happy. It's too hard for me to clean it now.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to NewbieMom

Hello everyone! I had a really busy day today...hoping to scoot over to my scrap desk in a few and get to work on a LO. Haven't gotten to scrap much this week. Still having problems with my stomach!!! Uck!!! Doesn't even seem worth eating right now...which is great for the weight loss I need.

creater1
Diva
creater1

Just check in to see how everyone is doing. Tomorrow is my friday and then I hope to get some scraping done this weekend.
I enabled my supervisor she is not a solid scrapbooker and loving it. I am so proud of her.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to creater1

Good morning everyone! It's a cold day here...hopefully it will warm up a bit today.

I finally scrapped a little last night, from about 11 to 12:30. Then, decided I better get some sleep.

Need to finish up my laundry today, fold my last load and get everything put away. Other than that...I have no plans. Anyone else?

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva

Good morning!!

No solid plans yet!! My brother came down to visit so hoping to spend some time with him and maybe get some scrapping done tomorrow!!

I also have laundry to put away

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Scrapping Diva

Got all the laundry done and put away...so the rest of the day is free. Maybe I can try some scrappy techniques while DS is playing. We'll see.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Morning!
DD has a soccer game today and then we're going to a harvest festival but other than that who knows...I rarely get to scrap on the weekend with the kids home...but I almost have everyone convinced to share a room so I'll get to have a scrap room...yay!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

LOL...that's the way to work it Stacey! It will just spoil them to have their own rooms anyway...lol!!!

I had a lazy morning, just lazed on the couch with DS...didn't get in the shower til noon. Then we went and picked up a fender for the 4 wheeler and I got me a capuciono. I know, the spelling is messed up...don't care...lol!!!

Picked up 2 more Christmas gifts for DD last night and ordered 1 for DSS.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

I'm so excited! DD has been wanting a bunk bed anyway, so she's all for sharing a room if it means she gets it. Our kids have never been ones to hang out it their room, they always get what they want to play with and bring it out to the family room so they're rooms are really just for sleeping....aren't I good at justifying?? Hopefully the housing market will pick up in the next few years and we can buy a four bedroom but why should I have to suffer in the meantime??
Stephanie, I think you're drunk on caffeine!
I've been trying to pick up Christmas presents here and there...it's hard because my kids never know what they want until the last minute...

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08
In response to StaceyE

Hey ladies... just checkin' in....

I'm not gonna be around much till Tuesday... we have so much going on for the next few days. Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to happygirl08

LOL....I wish I were drunk on something...lol!!!

That's really great if you do get a scrappy room!!! It will be sooo much easier for you to scrap. You'll get more done having it all out in the open!!!

Man....I think I need to see a Dr. My stomach is giving me fits now for the 3rd night in a row. I just feel so sick and I don't know why! Ugh...I hate this and I have no desire to do anything when I feel like this.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Is it cramping? Are you nauseous? Stomach issues are the worst!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

Nauseous...but not actually sick...and 10 min after I eat, I'm in the bathroom. Very sorry if that is TMI...lol...but Stacey asked...lol!!! It started Thurs when I cooked a venison roast in the crock pot...but it couldn't have been the meat...b/c no one else is having any problems.

Did your DD win her game

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Are you still eating the meat? If it was just the one time I don't see why you'd still be sick three days later. Might be worth a trip to the Dr. Maybe your stomach is too sensitive for venison. Is it a rich meat? (I've never had it)
DD won her soccer game 1-0 and at the harvest festival they had a live band and DS LOVES music instruments...I mean obsessively! (Autistic kids can be obsessive) so after stalking the stage for about 20 minutes they let him get up and play the drums during their break! It made his day and that's all he talked about since. So cute!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

No...we just had it for dinner Thursday night, so I didn't know if that could still be the problem. It doesn't make sense to all of a sudden having a problem with eating venison...I've been eating it since I married my DH 6 years ago. It's deer meat (in case you didn't realize), but it takes like any other meat if cooked right, IMO.

That's great that DD won...tell her I said congrats!!! I think that is awesome that the band let your DS get on the stage and play the drums!!! I'm glad he got to do that. I've watched movies about autistic children...don't know how much truth there is in them.

When DSS played baseball...there was another mom there who claimed her son was autistic. It made me angry, b/c I felt that she was trying to excuse away his misbehavior...because he acted no different than any of the other boys...and everything I've heard about autistic children meant they couldn't be out their playing organized sports. I just feel like people like her take the focus off the children that really need the help.

NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom

Hi girls. Not much going on.

I did get a layout done in Friday night.

Chat more later

NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom
In response to NewbieMom

Oh wait. We ordered a new camera tonight from QVC. Should be here by Friday. Can't wait. This is one thing I can cross off my list of things to buy next year.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

I hope everything works itself out with your stomach. Now that I'm thinking about it the same thing was happening to me a few months ago and I couldn't figure it out until I realized that every night I had a glass of red wine my stomach would hurt so poor me...I had to quit drinking wine at night. So maybe start looking at what your eating/drinking and the times and see what you're doing when it starts hurting. But a trip to the Dr. never hurt anybody! Don't you hate when things like this happen on the weekend, and you have to be miserable until Monday! Ugh!

Autism is tricky because there's such a wide spectrum of severity. Kids can be what they call high functioning, so you wouldn't really be able to tell unless you really knew them and then there are the kids people always think of stereotypically who are sitting in a corner rocking back and forth grunting.
There is a special needs soccer program in our area so when DS turns 5 we'll check it out for him and who knows, maybe one day he'll play on a typical team. BUT, I will say that autism is the new "trendy" thing to have, like ADD was several years ago and I do think parents just throw it out there like an excuse for them not having to parent their children.
I think this is the longest post I've ever made!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

That's what I think this mom was doing...I think she was throwing it out there as an excuse for why her son acted like he did. He wasn't bad...just occasionally rude and selfish...just typical kid stuff.

I don't think of the sitting in the corner grunting...lol...but I when I think of autism...I think about them needing a schedule...being surrounded by familiar things, not taken into a bunch of new situations and people...usually being extremely talented in an area or two, such as drawing and art. I saw a Home make-over show where the parents were both deaf and they had a son that was deaf and autistic...I think it was. I felt really sorry for them...but I admire parents who can cope with that kind of stuff.

I do like to be educated though when I run across situations involving stuff like that. I like to know what I am talking about if the subject ever comes up.

I'm sure my stomach will be fine...DH thinks I've just gotten some kind of bug. I'm only miserable at night, so at least it isn't all day. So far, nothing I've eaten has been the same from night to night...so maybe I will just quit eating after 5...lol

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

YAY for a new camera Sara! What kind is it? I've got a Cannon S5 IS...I love it, but I would love to get a small digital camera to keep in my purse, since I'm always forgetting the big one.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

You seem knowledgeable to me! They do need their schedule and their preferred objects and they can have break downs in crowded places...I think that's why you always hear kids screaming at WM!
I'm the complete opposite of that mom...I rarely tell people, I got so tired of trying to explain his odd behavior to strangers that now I just figure it's none of their business if my kid seems strange to them! He's a rock star to us!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

Well...he's a rock star to me too...lol!! What I know, I just know from TV...and you can't believe everything you see...but I am glad to know that it's been mostly true.

Now, my kid is not autistic....but he was the loudest screaming kid in WM yesterday!!! He had one of his worst days ever there...and of course, my mom was there to witness it...lol!!! I do believe in spanking my children, but I don't do it in public places where some idiot will see and call DCFS on me for doing so. My mom thinks that shouldn't stop me...but oh well.

NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom

• Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic Said:
YAY for a new camera Sara! What kind is it? I've got a Cannon S5 IS...I love it, but I would love to get a small digital camera to keep in my purse, since I'm always forgetting the big one.

Kodak C 190 and in the color blue.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to NewbieMom

Cool....I used to have a Kodak camera and it was very nice. I got my DD a Kodak for Christmas last year, pink, and she loves it...takes pretty good pics.

I bought mine with the intention of learning how to manually set the functions and take pictures, but I've never done so. That would be a good thing to work on while I'm home.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Can you imagine? I would be mortified if CPS (that's our version) showed up on my front door!
Well, DH wants the computer so I'll chat ya tomorrow...have a good night!

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to StaceyE

Hello everyone OMG it is my Friday night. I went shopping and bought the Cricut Expression and some other stuff tomorrow is supposed to be ugly and gloomy so I will keep the blinds pulled and let the shiney glare from my new toys just shine. Yeah I am excited a PJ day and new toys and I am not even sick yeah!!!!!

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to creater1

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I will be playing til Monday hope that I have something to show you all soon.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to creater1

Thats great that you got a Cricut!!! Hooray for you!!!

Stacey...I'm dumb or something...what is CPS? Nice talking with you!

creater1
Diva
creater1

Now what to do with the baby bug. Probably into the motorhome. Yeah for the motorhome makes me enjoy camping more.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to creater1

Good morning everyone!!! It is sooo cold here....I hate it!!! Last night, I put on 2 extra blankets and wore 2 pairs of socks to bed & I was still cold!!! Time for DH to light the pilot lights on the furnaces!!!

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva

Happy Sunday ladies!!

Extremely chilly here! Cleaning up the kitchen. Tossing mismatched storage pieces.

Hoping that a LO is on the horizon. I have had a LO in my head for awhile but haven't written anything down or checked to see if I have all the supplies.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

YAY....finally have HEAT!!! It's a good day now! LOL

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva

Woot!! Woot!! My feet are cold

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Where abouts is everyone located? It's still in the 70's here. I love the chilly weather and having fires and all that good stuff, but living in CA our cold is different than the extreme cold that some people get in the winter...But we do have just about the draftiest house ever which is why I love my electric blanket...seriously if you don't have one get it, it will change your life!!
Steph, CPS is Child Protective Services, what does yours stand for??

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

DCFS is Department of Child and Family Services. LOL...I didn't know what you were talking about...I had forgotten what I wrote...duh...lol

I'm in southern Illinois...not as bad as some states, but worse than I would like in the winter. We have a heated blanket for our bed, but haven't dragged it out yet. I am so cold blooded...so I get cold very easy!!! I would love to move to a state that stayed warm all winter.

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08

Im in NC-- but I'm a Texan at heart. My dh is in the army soooo.... we live here in NC while he is stationed here. I lOVE winter and fall. I hate being hot (prob because i'm from the south) lol.

creater1-- I sold my baby bug on Craigslist for $120. You might want to try that unless you just want two.

Stephanie-- hope your tummy is feeling better!

Sara-- how exciting about your new camera! I have a Kodak M1033 and I love it!!! It is great because it is a small point in shoot with lots of great manual options as well. Now i'm just looking for a good printer... i'm taking any suggestions.

I scrapped some this weekend, so here is my new work!

City love
By Happygirl08

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Evening!
Did everyone have a good weekend?

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 10-11-09 05:24 PM
In response to StaceyE

hi girls....it took me a while to catch up on all the posts.

I've been working my tail off today. We made the kids stay home and had a family cleaning day. Moved some furniture around, cleaned under everything, went through old coats etc.....I'm tired. I have 3 more loads of laundry to do. Need to get it done tonight because Jake has a JV football game tomorrow night - away game. I did make some smothered steak to put in the crock pot for him after school tomorrow before the bus leaves and made a crock pot full of chili to simmer all afternoon so we can eat when we get home. With him playing both JV and Varsity and having 2 games a week, I've been trying to fix food in the crock pot so we don't eat out so much. It just gets to expensive!!

I'm hoping to get some scrap time on Wednesday night. We have declared Thursday night house night now. Everyone is required to be home that night long enough to get the house cleaned before the weekend. We are all tired of working all day on Sunday cleaning house when we could be scrappin' and watchin' football

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to j3Mel

LOL...how many people scrap Mel???

Well...I actually got to scrap a little this afternoon while DS played, so I finished my 2nd challenge LO. Now, I am done for the month with those and I have 2 LOs posted!!!

My weekend was pretty good. Went to church this morning...we watched a very nice video...and DS misbehaved. I think I will just put him in the nursery in the future and he will be fine. He will cry for the first few minutes, but just like daycare, he will quit and he will have fun playing, then I won't feel bad when he disturbs everyone during church.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Mel, maybe sometime you could share crock pot recipes, I really need to use mine more!
No scrapping for me this weekend. DD was sick today so we just hung out and watched movies but I've been sucking down coffee so I can hopefully at least start a LO tonight...
So where's the one you finished for the challenge Steph...lets see it!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

I haven't taken pictures yet. I can't find a good spot in my house to take a pic, so I always just take them outside...but it is so cold, I don't want to stand out there and take a pic...lol!!! I'm really going to have to find a place in the house for the winter...or save all my LOs til spring...lol! OMG...wouldn't that be awful!!!

Sorry your DD was sick!! Today, I haven't had any stomach pain, so maybe it was just a bug.

I usually just put a packet of dry onion soup mix, a can of cream of mushroom, meat, potatos and carrots in my crock pot. Tastes great (to us) and extremely easy! I'm trying to use my crock pot more too.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Just find a window with good light so you can stay indoors but you still get a good pic. I just lay mine in front of my sliding back door and it works pretty good...but I do usually open the door. Hmmm, I haven't thought about what to do this winter, we get weeks on end of gray dreary skies so I might be in trouble with the natural light thing!
That recipe sounds good Stephanie, similar to one I use for roast. I need a good chili recipe tho!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

That's the recipe I use for roast, which is about the only thing I fix in my crock pot. DH cooks some other things in it though.

I need something to put in front of the window to put my LO on, because I don't have a window or door to the floor...lol!!! Both, DS and DSS get great light in their rooms, just will have to find a little table or something. I think I have one in storage, but I don't think it would be tall enough.

We had rainy dreary skies for most of the week, that is another reason I put off the picture taking.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Good morning everyone. I finally went to bed at 2 am and DS woke me up a little before 7...so I gues that's enough sleep...lol!

My sister is coming today, bringing DD home and bringing a twin bed for DS...YAY! Maybe now he will sleep in his own room again. We may go do some Christmas shopping if she is able to come early enough.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

Good morning ladies!

I forgot to mention that I don't get on here on the weekends very often.

This morning, I had to go to dd's guidance appt at school to talk about everything she needs to start her college applications. It is coming up so fast. I get teary eyed whenever I think about her leaving. haha!

Mel, you should definately share some of those crock pot recipes. I am always trying to come up with stuff to cook in mine for football nights also. DS doesn't have to eat cause they have a team dinner before every game but I like to have something done so that the rest of us can eat when we are hungry before heading to his games.

Stephanie, I haven't even started my Christmas shopping yet! You are way ahead of me! haha!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to cpowife

Well....I need to try and get a little at a time this year, since I'm on unemployment. I usually just watch the sale ads and pick up the bargains. This week, Toys R Us is having a buy 2 get one free on DS games...so I need to shop for those for the kids.

I can't even imagine my DD getting older...I mean she is 11 already and I wonder where the time has gone!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

I normally start my shopping in Sept. but there isn't really a lot that they want this year so it is really hard to come up with ideas right now.

I am not ready for this college stuff. I told my hubby that I couldn't go to the graduation cause they would escort me out for crying like a baby and disrupting everything. haha!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to cpowife

It's so hard when they grow up and you lose your babies...at least for me! I love when they are little...and I know I will miss it someday!!!

My DSS is very hard to buy for....IMO, boys are generally harder anyway...and he only wants video games, but that isn't very fun just giving those.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 10-12-09 07:07 AM

I'll try to do that sometime ladies. I had two kids playing basketball last year...one in high school and one in junior high....we had at least 3 games a week sometimes 5 or 6 so I have LOTS of crock pot recipes. I do a little bit of everything in it. Tonight is chili though because I'm sure we will all be chilled to the bone when we finally get home. Some of our favorites are no peek chicken, chicken and dressing, beef rollups, meatloaf, and black bean salsa chicken oh and of course roast which can be served as roast or sandwiches. I have a couple of pork steak recipes I want to try as well. I love that you can use the cheaper cuts of meat in the crock pot to and if it cooks all day it just falls apart.

I also have a small crock pot that you can fix baked potatoes in also. Poke them and put some butter in the tin foil just like you would the oven. Put a little water in the bottom of the crock pot (not a lot) and turn on low. Perfect baked potatoes when you get home.

I have 3 crock pots, a large one, a medium one I do veggies in a lot and a small one. The small one is at work with me today full of smothered deer loin - Jake wanted something to eat before getting on the bus today and Subway is getting expensive (the kid eats a lot) so I fried up the loin last night and stuck it in the crock pot. I have it plugged in here at work. He will hitch a ride up here with a friend after school, grab a bite to eat and I'll take him back to the bus.

and no scrappin' for me this weekend I'm hoping tomorrow night is the night

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to j3Mel

I can't imagine when DD goes off to school. I will be such a hot mess! But so proud of her too, no one in our family has gone away to college and I would love her to have that experience!

NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom
In response to StaceyE

Hi girls. Just checking inn. I will come back later to catch up. Now off to origianze my scrap things.

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to NewbieMom

I love my crock pot

I can't even think about mine being old enough to drive let alone leaving home...

I will be so glad when my house gets back to normal, hubby goes back to work on Wed.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to scrappinmomto2girls

Woohoo for hubby's at work lol! It always drives me crazy when DH has vacation...but his probably is always running and spending $

I got some more Christmas shopping done. 3 more gifts for each of the kids...great savings!

DS is sleeping in his big boy bed right now...he looks so little in it. Definitely buying the guard rail now though...this bed is really high!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

Good morning ladies!

Happy Birthday Mel!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to cpowife

Good morning everyone!

Mel!!!!!

(Thanks Stacey for letting us know)

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08

good morning ladies!!! Hope everyone had a great weekend. I am TIRED today! DH and I stayed up wayyy to late this morning and 5:00 came VERY early! lol. I'm gonna need a LOT of caffeine to get through this one. So, i'm on a roll with my scrappin lately. I got another page done this weekend!!! woooohoooo!

hero
By Happygirl08

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 10-13-09 05:16 AM

well thank you ladies.........you are being much nicer than the goofballs I work with !! My boss left me a note this morning (before I got to work and as he was leaving to go to the field for the day - what a brave man!) that said Happy Birthday, Don't break your hip!

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to j3Mel

I have LOTS to catch up on Thanksgiving was great, dh was able to come home for the weekend and we cooked a big meal - ate too much lol. Now I just have to go back on the thread and see what everyone has been up to, scrapping and otherwise.

And Happy birthday Mel!! Sounds like your boss is okay,

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 10-13-09 06:55 AM

I emailed him and told him I was gonna run over him with my scooter and beat him with my cane!!

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to j3Mel

Morning!

Happy Birthday Mel!!!!

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08
In response to StaceyE

lol Mel.... sorry I didn't see it earlier... HAPPY BIRTRHDAY!!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Hey everyone...finally decided to take pics of my LOs I've had done for a week...lol! The pictures are bad though...I think our pretty sun has left us to hibernate for the winter!

I'm glad you had a good thanksgiving Tracy and that your DH got to come home!!

snuggle bugs
By Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic

Shelby - 4th Grade By Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Here's one I did for the cosmo cricket challenge...I don't love it but oh well, they can't all be home runs!
enjoy life By StaceyE

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

Well...I guess I'm going to have to get mean...lol! I don't want to...but I don't want to lose the members who are participating due to the fact that others are not.

There are specific requirements to belonging to this thread...I have stated more than once to re-read these and follow the rules. I have been checking to see if people are following the requirements, and no, I'm not talking about the 2 LOs I have just uploaded today.

I want to know by the end of this week, if you are going to participate and remain as a member of this group. If I don't see some reference to this post that you have read it and want to remain and PARTICIPATE according to the requirements, then I will remove your name from the list of members.

I do NOT want to lose any of our members, but it is NOT fair for some members to be following the rules, checking in, leaving comments on LOs that people post (come on, there aren't even that many), and for others to not do any of that!

If you prefer to just talk and be there when you can, then I noticed in the general forum, there is a thread that was started for people who want to be in a group, but don't have much time to participate. If that one is full...then start a new one.

Again, I do NOT want to lose anybody...but I certainly don't want anyone to harbor resentment b/c members are not participating.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

I'm here!
I agree, if people aren't participating then I'm sure there are others that would love their spot with no hard feelings...

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

Thanks for the back-up Stacey...I need it...lol! I do like to know though that those participating are feeling the same way.

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to StaceyE

• StaceyE Said:
Where abouts is everyone located? It's still in the 70's here. I love the chilly weather and having fires and all that good stuff, but living in CA our cold is different than the extreme cold that some people get in the winter...But we do have just about the draftiest house ever which is why I love my electric blanket...seriously if you don't have one get it, it will change your life!!
Steph, CPS is Child Protective Services, what does yours stand for??

I'm in Norther Canada, we don't need no stinkin' electric blanket! ha ha! I have so many blankets piled on our bed, its tricky turning over because of the weight, hehe. And it isn't even cold yet, although its below freezing at night. The next 5-6 months will be about -25 celcius, which is what farenheit? -13, just looked it up.

I'm replying to old posts, this is how far behind I am, lmao!

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to creater1

• creater1 Said:
Hello everyone OMG it is my Friday night. I went shopping and bought the Cricut Expression and some other stuff tomorrow is supposed to be ugly and gloomy so I will keep the blinds pulled and let the shiney glare from my new toys just shine. Yeah I am excited a PJ day and new toys and I am not even sick yeah!!!!!

How did the cricut session go? Sorry if you've already posted and I just haven't read that far

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

Good morning everyone!!! It is sooo cold here....I hate it!!! Last night, I put on 2 extra blankets and wore 2 pairs of socks to bed & I was still cold!!! Time for DH to light the pilot lights on the furnaces!!!

Pfffftttt!! We've had our furnace going since the end of August. I swear, this place doesn't have summer, just milder periods of winter....

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
I'll try to do that sometime ladies. I had two kids playing basketball last year...one in high school and one in junior high....we had at least 3 games a week sometimes 5 or 6 so I have LOTS of crock pot recipes. I do a little bit of everything in it. Tonight is chili though because I'm sure we will all be chilled to the bone when we finally get home. Some of our favorites are no peek chicken, chicken and dressing, beef rollups, meatloaf, and black bean salsa chicken oh and of course roast which can be served as roast or sandwiches. I have a couple of pork steak recipes I want to try as well. I love that you can use the cheaper cuts of meat in the crock pot to and if it cooks all day it just falls apart.

I also have a small crock pot that you can fix baked potatoes in also. Poke them and put some butter in the tin foil just like you would the oven. Put a little water in the bottom of the crock pot (not a lot) and turn on low. Perfect baked potatoes when you get home.

I have 3 crock pots, a large one, a medium one I do veggies in a lot and a small one. The small one is at work with me today full of smothered deer loin - Jake wanted something to eat before getting on the bus today and Subway is getting expensive (the kid eats a lot) so I fried up the loin last night and stuck it in the crock pot. I have it plugged in here at work. He will hitch a ride up here with a friend after school, grab a bite to eat and I'll take him back to the bus.

and no scrappin' for me this weekend I'm hoping tomorrow night is the night

Super idea about the potatoes, I am so going to try it!

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to scrappinmomto2girls

• scrappinmomto2girls Said:
I love my crock pot

I can't even think about mine being old enough to drive let alone leaving home...

I will be so glad when my house gets back to normal, hubby goes back to work on Wed.

Amen, sista!!! I love dh dearly (I say that like a chant in my head, over and over and over lmao) but now that he's gone most of the time, its disruptive when he IS home. Terrible to say...

And my kids going to college? I couldn't leave my dd at kindergarten the first day without nearly breaking down. On the other hand, she had BETTER go to college

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

Whew, I think I'm caught up

I am so tired of renovating. I finally finished painting though - a coate of primer and two coats of paint, ugh!! Now I just have to trim the windows, hang the door, paint the floor (I'm going to do a tile design), do the baseboards and hang the ceiling. I am soooo not going to get any scrapping done for the next eternity. It really gets my goat, because when we bought this house, we agreed to hire people to do the work. But then he got on his big budget kick, and guess who's left to do the work while he's not around? Not the kids, that's for sure

Oh man, I've got a list about a mile long that I'd like to go on about (not ALL of them are about dh, lol) but I'd put y'all to sleep. Maybe a complaint here and there, I'll sneak it in he he.

And I think after this post that this entire page is full of my posts oops, stepping down for a while....

NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom

Hi girls.

Just doing a few things before my cath tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Well off to do a few things.

I wish I could take all my scrap stuff with me. That would be great.

I will be back later

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08

Stacey-- I LOVE your new layout! I can NEVER do that style. I sit down and try, and it just never works out for me. I think it is a total home run!!!

Stephanie-- I'm here!! And I've got your back!

Tracy-- Just keep the big picture in mind. Your house is going to look so fabulous when it is all finished! Oh- and complain away... doesn't bother me a bit!

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08

Good luck Sara!!!

NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom

Well...I guess I'm going to have to get mean...lol! I don't want to...but I don't want to lose the members who are participating due to the fact that others are not.

There are specific requirements to belonging to this thread...I have stated more than once to re-read these and follow the rules. I have been checking to see if people are following the requirements, and no, I'm not talking about the 2 LOs I have just uploaded today.

I want to know by the end of this week, if you are going to participate and remain as a member of this group. If I don't see some reference to this post that you have read it and want to remain and PARTICIPATE according to the requirements, then I will remove your name from the list of members.

I do NOT want to lose any of our members, but it is NOT fair for some members to be following the rules, checking in, leaving comments on LOs that people post (come on, there aren't even that many), and for others to not do any of that!

If you prefer to just talk and be there when you can, then I noticed in the general forum, there is a thread that was started for people who want to be in a group, but don't have much time to participate. If that one is full...then start a new one.

Again, I do NOT want to lose anybody...but I certainly don't want anyone to harbor resentment b/c members are not participating.

I agree. I had planned on leaving love tonight.

Edited by NewbieMom on 10-13-09 06:10 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to NewbieMom

Good luck tomorrow Sara, I hope everything goes well for you!
Thanks for the love Gen! CC is one of my fav brands so I always try really hard for the CC challenge...maybe too hard! LOL!
Going to try to do some scrapping tonight that's just because...no challenge involved...it's been a while!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

Gosh Tracy...did you need to talk a little...lol! I'm just playing...talk and complain all you want...that is what we are here for!!! I could not live in Canada...I couldn't live anywhere that is worse than here...because I hate the cold here!!! It's not even that bad yet and it is awful to me! I don't want to go out and do anything b/c I don't want to get cold!

Good luck Sara on your cath!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Gen...I'm very glad that you have my back too!!! I need and want the support!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I'm going to update this with current members list when I see full participation! This does not exclude anyone until the end of the week...Saturday or Sunday...but I want to keep this post up front so no one can claim to miss it!

So far:
Tracy, StaceyE, & Gen are in full participation

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I told you I was going to get mean...lol

This doesn't mean that others have not fully participated in the past either...I'm just doing an updated list...I know some people don't get on til morning.

Edited by Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic on 10-13-09 07:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 10-13-09 07:46 PM

thank you everybody for the birthday wishes...I really appreciate them ALOT!!

as for participation......I've been commenting and trying to keep up on all the layouts. As for making my own.....I guess I'm going to have to withdraw from the thread at this point. I have been trying to scrap but it just hasn't happened so far this month. The little bit of scrap time I've gotten so far has been spent helping the FFA historian organize and start the chapter scrapbook. This weekend isn't looking good either at this point.

Feel free to give my spot to someone else at this point. It is going to be a while before life gives me the time to actually scrap.

Page 5 of 113 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics