Page 6 of 113 
Username Post: Delete        (Topic#1516637)
StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to j3Mel

Mel...you don't have to scrap to be in this group...I don't want you to leave if that is what you think I meant. It's not about how much you post...it is just about checking in which you do and leaving comments when people do post LOs, which you have been doing since the first time I got on to people...at leaste I've noticed you have a couple of times.

Let me know what you want to do...but don't leave b/c you have a busy life and can't find time to scrap...please

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to StarsNSparkles

Well Tracy no I did not get any scrapping done like I had planned. I came home from work on Sat after buying my Expression and did nothing.
Sunday both DH and I did not feel so good so we just stayed home, we both slept alot. I don't really like doing that either sometimes it makes me feel even worse. Very very rare for DH to sleep during the day.
Monday I felt a little better but poor DH not so much. Well I paid for running errands yesterday because I did not feel good this am at all. Missed work. I don't think I will be going in tomorrow since I do still have a very bad headache and fever. Maybe one more day. I have to get out of this house.

Steph gosh I want to stay and I am sorry if I have failed the group. I haven't posted any LO's but I certainly thought I was spending alot of time chatting, maybe too much. I would love to stay but if I am not meeting the expectations I will understand. I do leave post for others. What did I miss. I will review the requirements. Let me know if I need a boot in the buttocks but not really looking for a boot out.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to creater1

OK....don't anyone take me wrong...I don't want hurt feelings and I do NOT want to boot anyone out!!! If you have been participating...then I'm not getting onto you...you people know that!!!

We do want to see your LOs...and when you have time to post them, we will comment on them!!! But, it is not a requirement of this thread to post LOs...the requirements are to check in if possible at least 3 times a week and leave comments on LOs that are posted in this thread!!!

I have sent PMs to some people previous to this concerning this...if you did not get a PM, then I really don't have a problem with your lack of participation!!! I just wanted to go ahead and get a new head count of the members that are wanting to stay and remain or become involved!!!

Please...nobody take me wrong!!! If you are not guilty, then you are not guilty!!!! I really, honest to God, do not want any of the members of this group to leave....but I do want those that are members to participate as expected. I understand that every single week you aren't going to be able to meet those requirements, just let us know!!! We are an understanding group.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I have noticed that some people who were participating in the beginning, are no longer...I wanted to give them a chance to tell me what they want to do.

If someone doesn't want to be here, I just would like for them to let us know. That way, someone else can join if they want. I don't want to remove a name from the members list, then find out that something terrible happened and they weren't on here because they absolutely could not be.

UGH...now, I feel really bad!

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
thank you everybody for the birthday wishes...I really appreciate them ALOT!!

as for participation......I've been commenting and trying to keep up on all the layouts. As for making my own.....I guess I'm going to have to withdraw from the thread at this point. I have been trying to scrap but it just hasn't happened so far this month. The little bit of scrap time I've gotten so far has been spent helping the FFA historian organize and start the chapter scrapbook. This weekend isn't looking good either at this point.

Feel free to give my spot to someone else at this point. It is going to be a while before life gives me the time to actually scrap.

Ack!! You mean we have to actually scrap? It seems that I chat and shop more than I actually scrap. I'm pretty sure that this qualifies

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Dancing Queen

LOL...thanks for the humor Tracy....I needed that!

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

You know, I don't have tv, because if I did I would just sit in front of it all day long, I swear. So with dh gone, and the kids in bed by 8, I have no idea what I do with my time I should be pumping out a couple of layouts a night. I dream about sketches and new products, how I'll use my glimmer mist (remember I was heade to the LSS to buy a single bottle of glimmer mist, ooops I bought 4 and a mask...), photos I know I want to scrap, photos I plan on taking (like dd's upcoming birthday party, its gonna be an extravaganza lol). I have all these plans, and yet they don't materialize. But I've recently made friends with a lady who is getting into scrapping, and she's motivated because she wants to finish a couple of albums before christmas for gifts. She has come over a couple of times, the first night she didn't leave until after 3am!! Second time before midnight, lol. You'd think that this would get me going, but now I spend more time on her layouts.... Maybe I should take pictures of hers and post them in my gallery

I'm just blathering now, its 1:30 am and I know the kids will be up at 7. And ds has a friend coming over tomorrow, so I'll have to be on the ball tomorrow, no afternoon nap ha ha.

Nighty night.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Yes, chatting and shopping DEFINITELY qualify!!
As long as you tell us what you bought...

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to StaceyE

Night Tracy!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

You crazy people...what are you still doing up at the ungodly hour???? Don't you know all good and decent people are in bed by 10:00?????

Tracy...why in the world do you not have a TV? I don't think I could survive without reality TV...my life is just toooo boring!!! Hmmm...buy 4 when you plan on buying 1....that sounds way too much like me! LOL

I have to be up at 5:30 to wake the kids up to catch the bus. It is only 12:30 here, but I am really wide awake...stupid LO...trying to get alphas to match...geesh!!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

The more I think about it...the more I don't think I would like to have a friend that liked to scrap...unless when we scrapped together, we each brought equal things, so if there was sharing there would be equal sharing. I wouldn't like it if someone came over here and just started using my stuff....I'm very selfish when it comes to scrappy stuff.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Well it's only 10:30 here so I'm pretty good and decent still...
I too, am addicted to my reality tv! Are you watching Dancing with the Stars? I have to say I'm just not that into it this year...

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to StaceyE

Weeelllll...
Since you asked, and I can't seem to drag myself away from the computer and go to bed...

I bought 4 bottles of glimmer mist and a mask (I think that's what its called) - the mask has birds and leaves and stuff on it, I thought it would be cute for a fall layout. Its time to rake the leaves, there's snow on the ground, snort! And I bought a bunch of pp for Halloween, I wish I could remember by who, its cute - die cut pages and whatnots. Oh, and a couple of packages of flowers, I'd like to try spraying them with that fancy glimmer mist That's really all I bought, but I was still about $30 over my budget. You guys have no idea how lucky you have it when it comes to scrappy supplies, they are sooooo cheap in the US (yes, cheap!!!!). I can get the 'same' prices on-line, but then I have to pay a king's ransom for shipping. Not to mention the exchange rate. And then the wonderful Canadian gov't charges duty on everything that crosses the border (over a certain amount, so buying a lot to save on shipping bites you in the butt). I live in a city of 110,000 people, and the only scrappy store we have is a lady who converted her living room into a scrap store and holds crops in her dining/kitchen area. I sure wish she'd expand, lol. I told dh I wanted to open a scrap store, and he told me we couldn't afford it. I think he may be right.

All right, 1:40 - seriously off to bed now

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

• Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic Said:
The more I think about it...the more I don't think I would like to have a friend that liked to scrap...unless when we scrapped together, we each brought equal things, so if there was sharing there would be equal sharing. I wouldn't like it if someone came over here and just started using my stuff....I'm very selfish when it comes to scrappy stuff.

Me too! If someone came over and just started going through my stuff and pulling out what they wanted to use I would flip out!! I might be saving that for something very special and important!!! But I do think it would be nice to share the hobby with someone IRL...I swear there are no scrappers around here. It might get brought up that I scrap and people look at me like I'm speaking a foreign language!

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

We do have a tv, I should clarify. It just doesn't have any channels We watch movies over the weekend. And I miss it, when we go home to visit our families I binge, ha ha.

And re: the scrapper friend. I do like having someone to scrap with, and I'm hoping she becomes addicted, because she has a way bigger budget She has used a lot of my supplies, but to be honest she hasn't shown interest in what I consider "the good stuff". She's so new to all of this, she's still amazed at flat stickers and brads. Hahahaha!

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

I should just quit saying that I'm going to bed

I remember when we first moved here and I didn't know anyone, so dh was kind of scoping out potential scrapping friends for me (pathetic, yes I know lol). A classmate of his had a wife, so dh was asking her if she had any hobbies. His classmate said something like "well, yeah she has hobbies.... nothing lame like scrapbooking though". dh kept his mouth shut, bless him....

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

I really don't know what I'd do without my tv...I'm not ashamed to admit that I watch way too much either!! I can't stand when people will be chatting about some show and there's always the snooty person who has to chime in and say how they hardly watch television at all and they like to read and go to museums and blah blah...after they start talking I stop listening! HA!
I think the fact that your DH was scoping out scrappy friends is beyond cute!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

I think it is awesome that your DH was trying to help you find friends...my DH could care less if I had a friend or not.

Stacy...you are talking about my mom...claims she never watches tv...but every single time she comes to my house, her eyes are glued to it!!!

Yes, Tracy....they are called masks...I have several, but just don't use them...I've never liked the effect of them on my paper...except when I used them with chalk...I liked that...but not with the spray.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

No, I've never watched dancing with the stars...but I watch ANTM, SYTYCD, Surivor, Amazing Race, then all the discovery shows about medicine and stuff, plus I love drama TV...CSI Las Vegas, Criminal Minds, House. I am a TV fanatic...yes, I confess!!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I willingly give away things I don't want no more...I have almost totally purged my entire supply area of stickers...just never use them! I have a box of scrappy stuff...I've given some away, I tried to sell it in my yard sale, and now I use it for a swap where we give basically swap what we don't want. I'm taking a break from that swap...still undecided whether I want to just donate it to a school or daycare or hold on to it to give away when the opportunity arises.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

I was so bummed about my boys on amazing race! They were my fav team and Zev was just so sweet to me...I could be a little biased though...
So now I don't know who to root for.
Ok, true confessions time...I cannot watch any medical shows, ESPECIALLY reality ones because they totally freak me out and I'm always convinced that I'm going to get whatever disease they're discussing...weird I know...I'm getting to the point where I can barely watch Grey's Anatomy.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to StaceyE

Ok, I'm off to bed...my kids don't know the meaning of "sleeping in"!
Talk to you all tomorrow!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

My DD can't watch medical shows...real or not...she thinks it's all going to happen to her too! It's annoying...lol!!! I didn't like that team, but I did feel sorry for them.

OK...I'm off to bed too...I have to get up in 4 hours!

Night all

TiggerPooh2380
Expert
TiggerPooh2380

I am an admitted slacker, but I am officially all caught up. YaY me. I bought some stamps online last week and I got them in the mail today.. all 91 of them, for get this... 24.93 shipped! Stephanie I need to take lessons from you on making layouts. I have only scrapped for a short time, and I love your pages. I dont know how to post layouts, but if I did, I would be to embarassed after seeing all of yours

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to TiggerPooh2380

OMG...no one should be embarrassed about their layouts...everyone's is beautiful in their own way!!! Posting is easy...take your pic and crop in whatever software you have, and if it is a big file, decrease the size of it before or when you save depending on what software you have. Then go to your gallery, click on the tab to "add images", I always use basic uploader. Browse for your layout in your computer, probably under my pictures. Then click upload. Once it is uploaded, fill in the information and be sure to mark "allow public embedding", then I can tell you how to post it here!!

Thank you very much for your compliments on my LOs. I'm much happier with the ones I've been doing here recently...it sure helps to have lots of products that I love working with. Mine are really full though, which I know some people do not like.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Tracy...I was wondering...would it be cheaper for a person to mail to you in Canada rather than a store? For example...free shipping to me from J's on a certain amount, then if I mailed to you...would it be cheaper than a store mailing?

kreations
Idol
kreations

Morning!
Sarah everyone's style is different. Everyone's perspective is unique. Just do your best to reach YOUR level and have fun!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Well...I guess I'm going to have to get mean...lol! I don't want to...but I don't want to lose the members who are participating due to the fact that others are not.

There are specific requirements to belonging to this thread...I have stated more than once to re-read these and follow the rules. I have been checking to see if people are following the requirements, and no, I'm not talking about the 2 LOs I have just uploaded today.

I want to know by the end of this week, if you are going to participate and remain as a member of this group. If I don't see some reference to this post that you have read it and want to remain and PARTICIPATE according to the requirements, then I will remove your name from the list of members.

I do NOT want to lose any of our members, but it is NOT fair for some members to be following the rules, checking in, leaving comments on LOs that people post (come on, there aren't even that many), and for others to not do any of that!

If you prefer to just talk and be there when you can, then I noticed in the general forum, there is a thread that was started for people who want to be in a group, but don't have much time to participate. If that one is full...then start a new one.

Again, I do NOT want to lose anybody...but I certainly don't want anyone to harbor resentment b/c members are not participating.

I'm going to update this with current members list when I see full participation! This does not exclude anyone until the end of the week...Saturday or Sunday...but I want to keep this post up front so no one can claim to miss it!

So far:
Tracy, StaceyE, Gen, Sarah, & Mel are in full participation

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 10-14-09 06:53 AM

fly by......stupid work is interfering with my play time

bright spot in the day though.....stray kitten was at my door this morning....little cat, hug motor and very VERY friendly. I can't take home cuz I already have 2 but my nice and nephew are going to be very happy kids this afternoon She just climbed up my chair and onto my lap and desk.......what a sweetheart!!

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva

Well...I guess I'm going to have to get mean...lol! I don't want to...but I don't want to lose the members who are participating due to the fact that others are not.

There are specific requirements to belonging to this thread...I have stated more than once to re-read these and follow the rules. I have been checking to see if people are following the requirements, and no, I'm not talking about the 2 LOs I have just uploaded today.

I want to know by the end of this week, if you are going to participate and remain as a member of this group. If I don't see some reference to this post that you have read it and want to remain and PARTICIPATE according to the requirements, then I will remove your name from the list of members.

I do NOT want to lose any of our members, but it is NOT fair for some members to be following the rules, checking in, leaving comments on LOs that people post (come on, there aren't even that many), and for others to not do any of that!

If you prefer to just talk and be there when you can, then I noticed in the general forum, there is a thread that was started for people who want to be in a group, but don't have much time to participate. If that one is full...then start a new one.

Again, I do NOT want to lose anybody...but I certainly don't want anyone to harbor resentment b/c members are not participating.

I'm going to update this with current members list when I see full participation! This does not exclude anyone until the end of the week...Saturday or Sunday...but I want to keep this post up front so no one can claim to miss it!

So far:
Tracy, StaceyE, Gen, Sarah, & Mel are in full participation

Good morning!!

I enjoy being a part of this group but wonder how I have NOT been in full participation? This maybe my first check in this week as I have been under the weather. I do believe I have checked in at least three times a week prior to that and I have left love on the LO's I have seen.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 10-14-09 07:02 AM
In response to Scrapping Diva

aaawwww

what a face! By J3Mel

morning greeter By J3Mel

kreations
Idol
kreations
In response to j3Mel

ACU on gallery love.
I posted today. Will do so again tomorrow and the following day as well. Please understand that I work outside of the home and the best time for me to post is when most of you are asleep. It is not easy for me to post during the day. I try but it is not always easy. If no one has a problem with a 2AM post...I'm still in!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Come on guys...if you aren't guilty, then you aren't guilty...I'm just taking a new head count even of those that have been participating, to make sure they want to continue! I've already had one tell me we move to fast and has decided to leave...she was fully participating, but this gave her an opening to go b/c she wasn't feeling able to stay with it!!!!

Just b/c I put the post in...doesn't mean I think everyone hasn't been participating!!!!!

Yes, Taysha, you have been checking in and usually leaving comments on LOs. You have now told me you were sick, so I know why you haven't left comments on the last few...but you were before you were sick!!! You are not guilty...just state that you want to remain, don't get upset and feel that I am accusing you!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I don't have a problem with a 2 am post...I'm usually still up lol....but if you can't check in 3 times a week b/c of life, then we aren't going to boot you out for that! A simple pop in to tell us you are here but really busy is enough for me!!!

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva

Haha... sneaking on from work myself!!

Cute kitty!!

Hey Steph,

Not upset at all but I did feel singled out because there were names of those who were participating kwim???

No big deal at all. I can't say when for sure but I do try to stop here everyday.

Heck, I tried this morning but my stupid wireless had other ideas LOL...

Gonna get off before I get fired and then I'll really be able to stay on top of things

Have a great day everyone!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Glad you aren't upset Taysha...the only reason those names are on that post is that I entered that post for the first time yesterday, the peoples names that are included on there said after the initial reminder that they wanted to remain in and they got caught up on their comments of posted LOs!

You would have to go back to yesterdays post to see that no names were on the original post...I only added them after they gave me their response.

So...as I said...if people want to stay in...whether they have participated in the past or not...I want them to make sure and say yes they want to stay in and get caught up on love as soon as possible...then I will add their name to that list the next time I quote it.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Don't get fired!!! We are NOT worth that...lol

Jaycie6
Tenant
Jaycie6

Steph, go ahead and fill my spot. I enjoy checking in here with you guys but lately life has just gotten busier than norm, not allowing me to fully participate.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Jaycie6

Alright Jill...thanks for letting me know! Maybe when things settle down for you, you will be able to come back and join us again!!!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 10-14-09 09:27 AM

so the kitten has a new home.......my SIL stopped and picked it up for her kids. They were fighting over who got to hold it on the way home (they are 15 months and 3 )

why does my brother always GROAN outloud when my name and surprise are used in the same sentence???

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08

well helloooooo everyone! Man what a perfectly Lazy day today is! It's cold and rainy, perfect snuggle weather.

StaceyE-- I just saw your CC lo featured!! wooohoooo!

Mel-- What a cute little kitten!!! I want him!!!

Oh and on the whole tv thing... I watch wayyyy too much tv. Has anyone been watching the new show the Good Wife? I love it! I watch: SYTYCD (my fav reality show), amazing race (although I am not caught up right now-- hubby and I have a date with our dvr this weekend...hehe), AI, Real World, the Hills, Big Love, Californication, true blood, weeds, entourage, accidently on purpose, modern family.... and lots more. I am NEVER caught up, so thank goodness for DVR!

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

No, I've never watched dancing with the stars...but I watch ANTM, SYTYCD, Surivor, Amazing Race, then all the discovery shows about medicine and stuff, plus I love drama TV...CSI Las Vegas, Criminal Minds, House. I am a TV fanatic...yes, I confess!!!

Oh man! I love CSI Las Vegas, Criminal Minds and House. I am currently in the middle of season two on DVD lol. I'm a bit behind

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

• Scrapping Diva Said:

Cute kitty!!

Hey Steph,

Not upset at all but I did feel singled out because there were names of those who were participating kwim???

No big deal at all. I can't say when for sure but I do try to stop here everyday.

Gonna get off before I get fired and then I'll really be able to stay on top of things

I remember waaaayyyy back when when I had a job and I'd sneak onto the internet. I rearranged my office furniture so that the computer screen didn't face the doorway, lmao!! When my boss would burst in, I had a casual way of closing the screen and looking busy...

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
so the kitten has a new home.......my SIL stopped and picked it up for her kids. They were fighting over who got to hold it on the way home (they are 15 months and 3 )

why does my brother always GROAN outloud when my name and surprise are used in the same sentence???

My brother would throttle me with a smile on his face

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to happygirl08

• happygirl08 Said:
well helloooooo everyone! Man what a perfectly Lazy day today is! It's cold and rainy, perfect snuggle weather.

Oh and on the whole tv thing... I watch wayyyy too much tv. Has anyone been watching the new show the Good Wife? I love it! I watch: SYTYCD (my fav reality show), amazing race (although I am not caught up right now-- hubby and I have a date with our dvr this weekend...hehe), AI, Real World, the Hills, Big Love, Californication, true blood, weeds, entourage, accidently on purpose, modern family.... and lots more. I am NEVER caught up, so thank goodness for DVR!

I am shamefully admitting that I have never even heard of most of these shows..... But what is SYTYCD? I'm thinkin' sex and the city, which I have heard of.... And I've heard of the Amazing Race, I remember watching the first season when I was pregnant with dd 7 years ago (has it really been on that long?). And the show AI, all I can come up with is Artificial Insemination - please tell me this isn't a reality show....

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Artificial Insemination!!

AI is American Idol, SYTYCD is So You Think You Can Dance.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to StaceyE

DD is home sick today which is really cramping my style! I had big scrappy shopping plans and even got a red box to watch today...(sad, poor me music)

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to StaceyE

American Idol, well duh!! Of course I've heard of that show, I was just having a mental moment. I think I'm lacking in a few vitamins or somethin',

A red box to watch? Sorry dd is sick and wrecked your scrappy plans, the nerve! I totally get what you're saying though. When it comes to bed time, I'm so anxious to get scrapping (or should I say chatting) that I speed read through their books and their bath can hardly be considered cleansing! More like a dunk... But honestly, after all day looooonnnnngggggg, its "me" time.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Well...I had a kind of lazy day. After lunch, me and DH and DS went up to take a nap, this was about 12. DH woke up at 2 to go hunting, but me and DS kept right on sleeping, until the kids started banging on the doors 10 min ago b/c DH locked them out! Now, I don't want to cook, so I'm thinking McD's dollar menu!!!

We are entitle to our TV watching, we deserve it...lol!!! Tracy...I want the House DVDs soooo bad!!! We just got hooked on reruns this past summer, so I would love to know what happened in the last 5 seasons.

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

Dh borrowed the first four seasons from a friend, so we watched the entire House series this summer. Without commercials, each episode was probably only 40~ish minutes - we were logging two episodes a night, lol. I just LOVE that show

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I've been seriously considering buying those. I wonder how much they are.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Evening! Is it bed time yet??? Kids are having fish sticks for dinner cause Mama ain't cookin today! Being up all night with a sick kid has worn me out...I'm not as young as I used to be. Remember in your 20's how you could be up half the night and get 3 hours of sleep and still be raring to go? Well, maybe you all are still in your 20's...and if you are enjoy it!!

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to StaceyE

my 20's are a distant memory

TiggerPooh2380
Expert
TiggerPooh2380

I myself am almost finished with my 20's, only 101 days left..lol

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08
In response to TiggerPooh2380

I guess i'm the baby of the group. Almost 26... but I feel old these days...

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I lost my 20s this year...but I'm still pretending like I'm 20 except for the 3 hour afternoon nap I've been taking almost every day!!!

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Nothing wrong with daily naps...just ask my DH!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

Nope...nothing wrong with it except the fact that I could be scrapping instead of sleeping!!! It eventually will catch up with me though. Right now, while I am not working, I might as well enjoy it.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

I always feel like that...whenever I'm doing something that I consider goofing off, I'm always in my mind scolding myself for not scrapping!
Def. enjoy it! Do you know when you might have to go back to work?

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

Well...definitely when the unemployment runs out...lol! If something great comes along, I'm not going to pass it up...but I want to be home as long as I can. If I get 6 months on unemployment, probable around February, unless I can get an extension.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

You'll get to be home during the holidays! I love having the tree on all day and just enjoying my decorations and the season without having to get up and go anywhere...

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

Ugh...not much of a Christmas person, but the tree is pretty!

OK...I"ll be back in a little while, DH wants the computer for a minute.

NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom

Hi girls.

Let me tell you one thing. I would take any day and go thou childbirth again and I went med free when I had DD.

When I woke up, I was in so much pain I wanted to cry and I never complain about pain. When DH came in, all I did was hold his hand and I still wanted to cry.

Oh ya knowing my luck,they had to put the catheters in my neck.Because my gorin areas,I guess from having IV's in them when I was a baby were no good.

Then my arm where my IV is at hurt so bad. Never ever have I been in so much pain. They had to give the pain med twice and Tylenol before I could relief.

And just laying here for 6 hours was horrible. On top that,I went into this deep sleep thing where my heart rate jumped and I could think but not move or respond to anyone plus my breathing got real slow. Odd. It happened a few times. I had like the whole floor in my room. One time I had thought I had died becuase I seen a bright light. I was fine for 2 1/2 hours then I got like that.
My stomach was so upset and my chest hurt like heck.

Turns out,I was feeling and am still feeling my heart rate slowing down instead of it being fast. So I just have to get use a slow heart beat.They said it might take awhile for me to use to that.

So other then ,yes it did work but they said it could return but in other areas of my heart. I guess I had a few bad areas in my heart.

Poor DH and his friend they were all day. From 6AM-9:30PM. Talk about a long day. He called and said he was going to bed. MIL was going to stay up with DD intill she goes to sleep.

I miss DD. She was happy to hear my voice. I told her this weekend,we are going to have a scrap party and she got all happy. Now I know what she feels like when she has caths. Not fun.

I am going home tomorrow(ok well today sinces it Thursday already).DH is coming to get me. i told him we are stoping at Wednys on the way home so I can get some good food. And he said that was fine.

Ok well off to post a few more updates and off to sleep.My neck hurts. I told DH to tell his mom that I will need her to watch DD for me intill Friday and maybe Saturday depending on how well I am.

Chat with you all girls later on.

kreations
Idol
kreations
In response to NewbieMom

Morning! Ok. So it's not 2AM its 5. I had the sweetest dream and just "slept in" this morning! The temp is so mild today I was able to sleep normally instead of in the fetal position with my knees firmly pressed on my forehead. I hate the cold.

I signed up for like I dunno 10 challenges this month which is insane but I'm having the best time. I came in 2nd place in one but there were only 5 entries. LOL

Whoever is still in their 20s live it up! You'll never see that kind of energy again.

Have a great day!

kreations
Idol
kreations
In response to kreations

Sara glad that the procedure worked. Hope you feel better soon.

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva

• happygirl08 Said:

I don't watch a lot of TV. My head is always buried in a book BUT I was interested in watching
Good Wife from a preview I saw. DO you like it?

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva

• swatmommy Said:

Oh man! I love CSI Las Vegas, Criminal Minds and House. I am currently in the middle of season two on DVD lol. I'm a bit behind

Love CSI, CSi Miami and just getting into Criminal minds

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva

• swatmommy Said:
  • Scrapping Diva Said:

Cute kitty!!

Hey Steph,

I remember waaaayyyy back when when I had a job and I'd sneak onto the internet. I rearranged my office furniture so that the computer screen didn't face the doorway, lmao!! When my boss would burst in, I had a casual way of closing the screen and looking busy...

LOL...I WISH my furniture is BUILT out from the wall

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva

Good morning all!!

Yipee for lazy days!!!

Sara glad the procedure worked. Stacey hope you DD is feeling better today!!

Have an amazing day! Time to make the coffee!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

So far:
Tracy, StaceyE, Gen, Sarah, Mel, Keisha, Stacey, & Janeen are in full participation

I'm just booting this to the front. There was a new LO added on page 25 from StaceyE...as soon as I see that you have caught up with leaving comments, I will add you into the members list.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Good morning everyone!

Sara, I'm so sorry that you were in so much pain, but I'm very happy that the cath has worked this time and I hope things start getting better for you!

Stacey...how is your DD this morning?

Gotta go to WM today to do some shopping...its payday

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 10-15-09 05:49 AM

I kissed my 30's goodbye this week the 30's sucked for me and I'm determined the 40's are gonna be better.

I'm not actually 40 though..........I'm 25 with 15 years of experience!!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 10-15-09 05:54 AM
In response to j3Mel

i had some time last night.......and actually considered getting out of the recliner and scrapping about 8 o'clock........by 9 I was in bed. Sometimes you just reach that point of exhaustion and I hit it last night. Slept decent last night so I feel much better this morning. We plan on clean sweeping our basement on Saturday and then a birthday party for me and a friend who turned 30 yesterday (snot nose brat if you ask me ) If all goes well......Sunday is MINE....and I plan on using it accordingly!!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to j3Mel

Good morning ladies!

Sorry I have been MIA the past couple of days. Hubby had a couple days off and we just hung out with each other.

Sara--so glad the procedure is working! That's great news!

As far as TV goes, I am completely addicted! Not so much during the day. The tv isn't even turned onto until the kids get home from school, but I have my shows that I have to watch or Tivo.
I love: The Good Wife, One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, The Hills, The City, Hell's Kitchen, 90210, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, American Idol (only the auditons), Friday Night Lights, etc. I am sure I am missing some! haha!

I haven't scrapped in forever, that's how it feels anyway. I think I am blocked. I sit at my desk, and nothing!

Me and dd are planning our road trip for her #1 school choice. She and dh went over the summer and checked it out but she wants to see it again.

What are everyone's plans for the weekend?

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 10-15-09 06:33 AM
In response to cpowife

Friday NIght Lights If you have direct tv you get to watch the new season starting this week.......off to direct tv .com to make sure it is dvr'd

kreations
Idol
kreations
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
I kissed my 30's goodbye this week the 30's sucked for me and I'm determined the 40's are gonna be better.

I'm not actually 40 though..........I'm 25 with 15 years of experience!!

Love that quote! hehehe

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to kreations

Good morning ladies!
Hope you are feeling well Sara!
I love that quote Mel! I myself have been 29 for years now. My younger sister is going to be older than I am this year. HA!
DD is feeling better and is off to school! She was pretty good yesterday, we just kept her home to be on the safe side and so she wasn't at school spreading germs.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

That's great StaceyE...I hate it when parents send their kids to school sick.

Glad to see you back Stacey. I sure missed having you around in the mornings...seems like the rest of these people sleep in...lol

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Where is everyone??? Don't tell me your actually busy...lol...you put me to shame!!!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 10-15-09 11:06 AM

stupid work....interferring with my computer time with my friends It sucks being financially embarrassed...........born to scrap, forced to work

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to j3Mel

Just got back from the scrappy store. They were having a huge sale so I had to check it out. Got some decent stuff but I think they put all the good stuff away...
You crack me up Mel! We're totally financially embarrassed right now! But in our house we call it Hard Times USA. DH is taking a 15% pay cut right now...yay recession!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

Hmmm...I got ya'll beat...I lost my job!! OK OK...I quit...but still...I don't have a job...yeah yeah, I know I'm on unemployment, but still...I don't have a job!!! LOL

I know that feeling being financially embarrassed...my eyes aren't bigger than my stomach, but my scrappy supply is bigger than my wallet! I feel really bad yelling at DH for spending money when he has no clue how much I spend...and its a lot!!!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 10-15-09 11:39 AM

I haven't been scrap shopping for I don't know how long. I haven't even been to walmart in about 2 months :shock: I started the first of the year doing meal planning and shopping off our local, independent grocery store sales flyers. I buy as much as I can off of the sales and have decided to also buy my staples there even if they aren't on sale. I buy mainly store brand so it still is cost effective. I've actually cut my grocery bill to about $75 a week unless I have to buy a lot of meat. We usually try to get a quarter of beef at a time and watch for the big 12 hour sales and stock up then. Because I've been doing that, we've been eating out a LOT less and I haven't had a need to go to walmart for a long time. I've decided if I can't get it at the local grocery store or Dollar General then it is probably a luxury and not a necessity.....helped the budget a lot. I've vowed to only make a walmart/shopping trip once every 3 months, go in with a dedicated list, and not sneak any scrap supplies in that aren't essential (glue dots, page protectors, xyron refills). I've been using out of my stash and it is a good feeling.

I did get a gift certificate for my birthday (thanks to my BOAF's!) and I went shopping here at sb.com this morning. I made myself by fun stuff....no essentials. I ordered two tools (paper distressor and the basic grey file kit) and the rest was fun stuff like flowers and those new blingy flower centers! I'll be stalking the delivery man for that order.....I'm hoping it jump starts my mojo some.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to j3Mel

Good purchases Mel! I love the basic grey file kit, don't know what I did without it!
I've been wanting to start clipping coupons but I'm just not organized enough, I'll cut them out and then they just sit on the counter so while I'm at the store I'm like oh shoot!...I had a coupon for that! Does your WM have a grocery section? I try to buy as much as I can at WM and only go to the grocery store for things I can't get there...But my WM scrappy section sux so I don't have to worry about things "falling" in my cart...!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

I should do as you do Mel...it would save us a ton of money! I do most of my shopping at WM, but could save a lot by going to save a lot...lol...no seriously!!! I do the same as you Stacey with clipping coupons. THey just sit on my desk until they expire...but I have really good intentions...too bad intentions don't save money!!!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 10-15-09 12:04 PM
In response to StaceyE

I am avoiding walmart's grocery store and here is why...........so many prepackaged things that drive my bill up. If I get to the local grocery, shop the sales flyer for only the things I need for the next two weeks worth of meals and fill in with the staples I'm out of, my grocery bill is much much less. And there is a lot less prepackaged junk at our local for my kids to want to throw in the cart. They are eating better (for the most part) and learning to cook some stuff on their own versus nuking everything.

I don't do coupons......I hate coupons, they are always expired when I want to use them. I buy store brand as much as possible. There are very few items that we actually prefer a name brand over a store brand anyway.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to j3Mel

I do buy the store brand at WM, but still, it costs a lot more than save a lot! When I was working, I just shopped at WM for convenience sake, but now I have no excuse.

I wish my kids would learn to cook...lol! Too bad I won't let them near the stove.

I am doing excellent with my Christmas shopping though...I may even get to spend less this year b/c of the great buys I'm finding.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 10-15-09 12:08 PM
In response to j3Mel

I have found planning meals and buying groceries around those plans saves as much on grocery shopping as coupons do. It also makes me check my pantry to see what I already have instead of getting to the store and thinking I wonder if I need that. The meal planning doesn't take that long.......about an hour every 2 weeks. It also makes me think about ballgames and such and I've gotten a lot better about planning ahead for crockpot meals on game nights. With the list posted on the fridge, while I'm fixing supper tonight, I'll see what is up for tomorrow night and get meat out of the freezer or throw everything in the crockpot tonight so all I have to do in the morning is put the crock pot in the base and turn it on.

I thought when I started this as my new year's resolution it was going to take a lot of time and energy. It really doesn't and it saves me the headache about 2 in the afternoon of trying to decide what to have for supper. Now on the occasion that I don't get the meal planning done...everybody in the house groans at me cuz they can't go to the fridge and see what is for supper. The flip side to that is....with the meals posted....I can call the kids if they beat me home and tell them to get it started...they know what to fix and I know everything they need is there!!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 10-15-09 12:09 PM
In response to j3Mel

I'm working on my Christmas shopping this year......my christmas club check should be coming anyday now. I plan to watch the freeshipping.com site closely for shipping deals and do a lot of shopping on Black Friday again. I hate the crowds but love the deals.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to j3Mel

I have only done Black Friday once and that was enough for me...I can find good deals without getting trampled!!! I'm half done with my kids finally...got most of DH's family figured out...have a couple of ideas for DH...I'm doing good and feeling good about it.

I would love to do what you do with the planning!!! I could, if I set my mind to it!!! Maybe I will give it a try and see if I can make it work!!! My problem is that I hate to cook and don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so the easier the better, but I don't have many ideas for dinner.

I am thinking about taking a month off from any scrappy shopping unless it is specifically for DH to give me for Christmas! Well, I guess I would have to wait until my Swirlydoos subscription ended to do that, I can't just cancel it. Maybe for my new year's resolution I will make some kind of deal with myself about shopping.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 10-15-09 12:43 PM

the nice thing about meal plans......I have a master list of "meals" my family likes. When I sit down on Saturday to do the two week plan, I check what I have left in the freezer/pantry, grab the sales flyer for the week, and grab the master list of meals. I first list out ballgames and activities so I can plan crock pot meals or quick meals on those nights then I fill in the blanks off the master list. I have been throwing in one new recipe every couple of weeks some also. If they like the recipe, it goes on the master list. It took me about two months to get a master list started. I just kept my meal plan charts and worked off of those most of the time. The nice thing is....we usually don't eat the same thing twice in one month unless it is something everybody really really likes (around my house that would be spaghetti and tacos). Once you get through the first month....it gets a lot easier.

I did my last two week planning session sitting at a diner waiting on our meal to arrive before a football game. Payday hit on game day so the meal plan for that night was "the diner". I took my grocery list of staples needed with me as well as the sales flyer and my meal chart......before my hamburger made it to me...the two week meal plan and grocery list for the next morning was done

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to j3Mel

Sounds like an excellent plan!!!

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to NewbieMom

• NewbieMom Said:

Hi girls.

Let me tell you one thing. I would take any day and go thou childbirth again and I went med free when I had DD.

When I woke up, I was in so much pain I wanted to cry and I never complain about pain. When DH came in, all I did was hold his hand and I still wanted to cry.

Oh ya knowing my luck,they had to put the catheters in my neck.Because my gorin areas,I guess from having IV's in them when I was a baby were no good.

Then my arm where my IV is at hurt so bad. Never ever have I been in so much pain. They had to give the pain med twice and Tylenol before I could relief.

And just laying here for 6 hours was horrible. On top that,I went into this deep sleep thing where my heart rate jumped and I could think but not move or respond to anyone plus my breathing got real slow. Odd. It happened a few times. I had like the whole floor in my room. One time I had thought I had died becuase I seen a bright light. I was fine for 2 1/2 hours then I got like that.
My stomach was so upset and my chest hurt like heck.

Turns out,I was feeling and am still feeling my heart rate slowing down instead of it being fast. So I just have to get use a slow heart beat.They said it might take awhile for me to use to that.

So other then ,yes it did work but they said it could return but in other areas of my heart. I guess I had a few bad areas in my heart.

Poor DH and his friend they were all day. From 6AM-9:30PM. Talk about a long day. He called and said he was going to bed. MIL was going to stay up with DD intill she goes to sleep.

I miss DD. She was happy to hear my voice. I told her this weekend,we are going to have a scrap party and she got all happy. Now I know what she feels like when she has caths. Not fun.

I am going home tomorrow(ok well today sinces it Thursday already).DH is coming to get me. i told him we are stoping at Wednys on the way home so I can get some good food. And he said that was fine.

Ok well off to post a few more updates and off to sleep.My neck hurts. I told DH to tell his mom that I will need her to watch DD for me intill Friday and maybe Saturday depending on how well I am.

Chat with you all girls later on.

I'm sorry that you're experiencing all these problems!! But I'm glad that the procedure seems to have worked....

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

That's great StaceyE...I hate it when parents send their kids to school sick.

Glad to see you back Stacey. I sure missed having you around in the mornings...seems like the rest of these people sleep in...lol

But if I kept dd home each time she was sick, she'd never go to school. It seems like she always has something.... 'Course, if she isn't feeling well, then she gets to stay home... Ds is the same, even now his nose is dripping, ewwwww. I can handle dirty diapers (although I am sure glad those days are done lmao), throw up, peeing the bed (ugh, can't wait for those days to be done lmao), but boogers really make me gag... Sorry, waaayyy TMI

TiggerPooh2380
Expert
TiggerPooh2380
In response to j3Mel

I LOVE the show the good wife, you should check it out for sure. They have the old episodes (4 so far) online to catch up

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

LOL....I know what you mean Tracy....my DD always claims she doesn't feel good, but I know she is fine for real! I don't like snotty noses either...the worse thing ever is seeing a kid somewhere with snot hanging out of his nose

godschild94
Governor
godschild94

Hi ladies. I know I haven't been on here much but hte last 2 1/2 weeks have been rediculous. With my sister's wedding and starting a new job and getting sick, it was crazy. But this past week my uncle passed away and it kinda put me over the top. Talk about an emotional roller coaster! Things are finally settling down and I am finally getting back on track with my priorities.

I finally was able to sit down and scrap today with a friend. We go way back...we worked to gether at a scrap store years ago and lately we have been scrapping once a week at my house. I pretty much let her use whatever she wants but she is really good and asks before using pp or embellies. We always have a blast and it is totally inspiring.

Okay a bunch of random stuff catching up on the chatter here.

I am located in northern Indiana, pretty close to Michigan and Ohio. It has gotten really cold here and we even saw snow flurries this morning. It was quite sad.

Sara, congrats on your new camera. As for printers, I have an Epson and I totally love it. They have a great one if all you want to print is 4x6's but they also have bigger models. I have an Epson Stylus Photo RX620. Its a printer, copier and scanner all in one. I love it because the photos that it prints are lab-quality for about the same price, but with lots more convenience. I am also glad you are feeling better.

I have really gottten into a lot of shows this season. Right now my faves are NCIS, NCIS:Los Angeles, House, Law and Order: Specila Victims Unit, Mercy, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, and Three Rivers. I was a loyal ER fan for years and I am still very sad that the show is no longer on.

I have a really good recivpe for crock pot zeti...it is really yummy and easy! I will post later because the recipe is 2 floors away right now.

Oh and one more thing, I am acu on .

Wow this post has gotten long! Talk to you ladies soon!

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to godschild94

OMG Mel! Could you BE more organized???? Seriously, you're inspiring me to try something along those lines...I don't know if I could plan that far ahead but even a day or two ahead would be a step in the right direction!
DS is one of those kids that's always sick. If it's not summer he has a cold/cough/runny nose. Luckily his tutors know how important his therapy is so they encourage him coming to the center unless he's seriously sick.
Does anyone watch Glee? I think that's my most fav new show...So cute!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

Hi all! I finally got DS to sleep about 9:45! I have got to get him on a better schedule!!! I, of course, fell asleep with him, but woke up about 10:15. Not sure yet if I want to scrap yet or not.

Glad to see you checking in Janeen! I'm taking this to mean you want to stay in the group, lol.

Sara...I also love an Epson printer, I have an RX595 and I love the professional quality of the pics...can't tell the difference from the store quality.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 10-15-09 07:53 PM
In response to StaceyE

• StaceyE Said:
OMG Mel! Could you BE more organized???? Seriously, you're inspiring me to try something along those lines...I don't know if I could plan that far ahead but even a day or two ahead would be a step in the right direction!
DS is one of those kids that's always sick. If it's not summer he has a cold/cough/runny nose. Luckily his tutors know how important his therapy is so they encourage him coming to the center unless he's seriously sick.
Does anyone watch Glee? I think that's my most fav new show...So cute!

I had to make myself do it the first month but it is so worth it after that....I also make sure I have the ingredients for a couple of extra meals in case we get home some night and just decide we don't want what was planned. After you get used to doing it, it isn't so much being organized as just it saving sooooo much time of an eveningthat you want to make sure and do it.........especially if you have kids in sports and have a lot of night games. It saves me sooo much headache.

Page 6 of 113 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics