Page 7 of 113 
Username Post: Delete        (Topic#1516637)
StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to j3Mel

Do you work outside the home Mel? I imagine if I worked I'd have to be way more organized. Luckily if I'm in the mood for something I can just buzz to the store and pick it up.
DD had about 15 pages of homework after being out sick yesterday...ugh! So she had to miss soccer practice and thru a fit over it...good times!!
There's a scrapbook expo in town tomorrow but I don't know if I'm going or staying home with DH. I told him we could rent a movie and get drunk...I love drinking in the middle of the day...it seems so wrong!!
Anyone have plans for the weekend?

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

No plans yet...the hunting trip starts Tuesday, so I will probably just get the house in order.

I hate the homework kids have after being sick...seems sooo unfair!!!

I'm thinking I would like to give Mel's dinner plans a try...would be really nice to know exactly what I am fixing every night and to know I have all the ingredients for it that I need.

LOL...you have fun getting drunk in the middle of the day, LOL. You are soo wrong...j/k

OK...I'm going to go to bed early tonight, that little nap with DS just made me tired. Talk to you guys in the morning.

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to StarsNSparkles

Well, its 3am here and I finished a page I'll upload it tomorrow, if I can get some good light to take a picture. Its snowing right now, so we'll see.

Nightie- night, see y'all in the morning

kreations
Idol
kreations
In response to Dancing Queen

Morning!
Congrats on finishing a page Tracy! Can't wait to see it.

Mel, you are beyond organized. But it seems to be working well. Kudos to you for sticking with that plan. I am the world's worst saver. It's sad. I have to make some kind of budget but scrappy stuff is so pretty and I'm so weak. lol

StaceyE - I vote that you should stay home with dh and have a few drinks in the middle of the day for the poor suckas who have to work. I will have my 5 nieces and nephews and my son all weekend. 6 kids. We're supposed to go to a farm for pumpkin picking, the petting zoo, hayride etc but the weather is not cooperating. So I also have some arts and crafts and baking projects for them. They're alot of fun!

Have a great day everyone!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to kreations

Good morning!

Janeen--So sorry to hear about your uncle.

Mel--I do the same thing as far as menu's go. Except, I make a master list, buy everything for those meals and then put a list of the meals on the fridge. Each day, someone gets to pick which meal we are going to have and then it gets crossed off the list. I tried doing a list of meals on a specified day and it ended up not working cause we may not be in the mood for the meal on that particular day that is was assigned to.

As far as coupons go, I could not go to the grocery store without them. Last time I went I saved $25 and some change in coupons.

I am hoping to get in some scrap time today. Having this mental block sucks! haha! I have 4 challenges this month and I have only started on one.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to cpowife

Forgot to add, I went to my LSS yesterday to get some glimmer mist and it was $7 a bottle, so I didn't get it. I figured I would shop around, maybe go see if they sell it at M's and use a coupon.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to cpowife

If you shop online Stacey...J's has great buys on it and I can PM you another way to get a good deal on glimmer mist! I would never ever pay $7 for a bottle, when I can get it for $4 something!!! That is just highway robbery!

I bought 8 packs of BG paper off of Evilbay in the last 2 days, 9 bottles of distress crackle paint, and I'm watching 7 bottles of distress embossing powder....OMG....it is sooo much fun!! Unfortunately, I will have to put most of it back for DH to give me for Christmas.

I'm going to implement some kind of meal plan like you Stacey & Mel! I love those ideas and it would sure take the stress off of mealtime! We don't eat out much, but we also don't eat very nutritious, b/c I am searching for something to make at the last minute.

Great job finishing a page Tracy...can't wait to see it! I'm going to order some Prima flowers today and organize my scraproom...I have to find a way to get some more storage in here.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

I haven't been on evilbay in forever! I used to always go on there and buy american girl doll clothes for my dd's dolls.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to cpowife

I bought the American Girl twins & stroller for my DD years ago...and she sold them extremely cheap in a yard sale...what a waste of money!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

My dd still has 2 at the top of her closet. She sold one of them last Christmas. She sold it really cheap, but the lady who bought it, could only pay a certain amount (it was like $25) for her granddaughter a present from Santa. She had asked Santa for it at last minute so they were scrambling.

My dd never played with them. She would change their clothes at that was it. They are all still brand new looking.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to cpowife

I know exactly what you mean...so much money to buy those silly dolls for nothing! My DD didn't hardly ever play with hers either! I bought the twin stroller for $100 and sold it for about $10 or $20...she never played with it. It was awkward and big...what a waste!!!

But...I think that is something I have always done and will continue to do...buy them what they want just to have them turn around and never play with it. Happens all the time!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 10-16-09 05:11 AM
In response to StaceyE

• StaceyE Said:
Do you work outside the home Mel? I imagine if I worked I'd have to be way more organized. Luckily if I'm in the mood for something I can just buzz to the store and pick it up.
DD had about 15 pages of homework after being out sick yesterday...ugh! So she had to miss soccer practice and thru a fit over it...good times!!
There's a scrapbook expo in town tomorrow but I don't know if I'm going or staying home with DH. I told him we could rent a movie and get drunk...I love drinking in the middle of the day...it seems so wrong!!

yes, I have a full time job outside of the home. One kid is a freshmen in college but still lives at home and DS is a freshman in high school but is a 3 (maybe 4) sport athlete so we are on the road a lot and usually home late. Last year I had one on the A team in junior high basketball and one a varsity basketball player so we were on the road a minimum of 3 nights a week. I had to do something so I started meal planning and it has stuck. Everyone really likes it because even if schedules are messed up and we can't all sit down together, there is food in the house or in the crock pot and nobody ends up eating cereal for supper unless they want to!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 10-16-09 05:14 AM
In response to cpowife

• cpowife Said:
Good morning!

Janeen--So sorry to hear about your uncle.

Mel--I do the same thing as far as menu's go. Except, I make a master list, buy everything for those meals and then put a list of the meals on the fridge. Each day, someone gets to pick which meal we are going to have and then it gets crossed off the list. I tried doing a list of meals on a specified day and it ended up not working cause we may not be in the mood for the meal on that particular day that is was assigned to.

As far as coupons go, I could not go to the grocery store without them. Last time I went I saved $25 and some change in coupons.

I am hoping to get in some scrap time today. Having this mental block sucks! haha! I have 4 challenges this month and I have only started on one.

sometimes that is what my meal plans turn into...a master list. We were invited to a friend's house for a carry in dinner this Saturday night and when we got home the other night, nobody felt like cooking much so we switched up some meals to something easier. We knew we had the soup and grilled cheese planned for Saturday as an extra so it all worked out. That's what I like the most about the meal planning......it is very easy to switch things around if need be and still not have to make that extra trip to the store where you pick up all the "extra's" that blow the grocery budget every month.

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to j3Mel

I've tried to initiate meal planning, I stick to it for a whole week and then I lose the plot lol. Kudos to those who can keep it up... With dh away so often, its like I'm cooking for one person which isn't fun - the kids are picky and don't really eat 'grown up' food, iykwim. A lot of our suppers end up being raw veggies, pasta/rice and maybe a hard boiled egg or something protein-ish. When dh is home he cooks, lmao! He made a yummy Thanksgiving dinner last weekend, AND did my laundry. I think we have the typical roles reversed - he cooks and does laundry, while I'm building out the basement ha ha.

All right, I'm going to try and talk ds into lying down for an itty bitty nap. Mamma's tired after a night of scrapping

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to j3Mel

Here's my layout from last night. The picture isn't great, I've been getting lousy light lately.

Walk With Me Daddy
By Swatmommy
TFL

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Terrific LO Tracy! I want that gate file...lol!!!

I've been busy reorganizing and cleaning up my scrap area. DH came home from hunting and I had everything pulled out and a mess and begged him to fix it....but he wouldn't, lol, so I did. I am happy with it for the time being.

I just won 7 distress embossing powders and a th embossing pad for $16!!! The powders sell for $5 a piece, so I feel like I got a good deal. I have to stay away from evilbay now.

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls

Hello everyone!!

I have been cleaning cleaning cleaning this morning....now it is time for a nap, I feel so old LOL

Check back in later!!

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to j3Mel

Hey Stephanie - I was just reading the first page about our likes and dislikes, and how you like to sit on the front porch and watch storms. It reminds me of a couple years back when we had a tornado touch down (happens fairly frequently) - dh and I watched it outside on the porch. Apparently our family from a few hours away were watching the weather report on tv and seeing that there was a tornado in our area, decided to call us to warn us (no tv, right?). We were outside and didn't hear the phone, mil was having fits But it was beautiful to watch and didn't cause any damage

Edited to add: I emailed you the fence file

Edited by swatmommy on 10-16-09 11:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to StaceyE

• StaceyE Said:

So I'm dying to know what you did for the day If we don't hear from you tonight, I'll assume its because you rented a movie and got drunk, lmao - if you went to the scrappy expo, you'd be on telling us ALL about it lol...

My plans for the weekend? Installing a suspended ceiling in the basement. I'll be using power tools, so I think I'll nix the alcohol ha ha! And we're going to make Halloween pinatas for dd's birthday party next weekend.

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to scrappinmomto2girls

• scrappinmomto2girls Said:
Hello everyone!!

I have been cleaning cleaning cleaning this morning....now it is time for a nap, I feel so old LOL

Check back in later!!

I had a nap too!!!! Ds wouldn't settle though, so I hooked up the portable dvd player (which is only used for long haul trips) and set it up in my bed. How sad am I??!!!!

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08

hellooooo girls!!!

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday-- my wireless internet went out on my laptop, so I can only sneak on here when the baby is sleeping-- like right now.

Stephanie-- I have a chance to buy that same printer for $50. It was used only once to print passport pics... do you think it's worth it??? I want to be able to print small pics-- like 2*2 and so on...

I love the Good Wife and I totally forgot about Friday Night Lights!!! One of my faves. Too bad I have dishnetwork. I'll have to wait for it to come on NBC.

Mel-- I do a meal plan to. It is soooo much cheaper and we eat out soooo much less!

Does anyone use Ranger Ink perfect pearls??? I want to get a set, and I found a set of 13 on ebay for $28 with free shipping... is that a good deal? ? I have not bought a single scrappy thing in forever! I promised myself when I completed 5 lo's (which usually takes me well over a month or 2) that I would treat myself. I'm getting a new stack of pp and the pearls. I have sooo much stuff just sitting here never getting used. I hate that feeling!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to happygirl08

I think the printer is definitely worth it...I love mine! I have had it for a couple years now and used it a ton and it is still as good as brand new! The ink for it is very expensive, but on the up side, each color has its own cartridge, so you only have to replace the ones that are actually empty.

Tracy...your better than me! I've fallen asleep more than once with DS just running around...he has broken two of DH's deer figurines and other stuff. Maybe next time, I will do something to confine him to a room so he can't hurt anything in the future!!!

I like to buy all the time gen, so I say go for it, but I've never used Ranger perfect pearls. I've heard you can make your own glimmer mist and it is much cheaper than buying it. I have a friend on here that uses it a bunch, I could hook you two up if you wanted to ask her for tips.

Tracy - I don't know how you do the remodeling!! I am sooo dumb when it comes to that stuff. I can use a electric drill to hang a pic, but that is the end of my skills.

LOL - StaceyE's probably drunk....I'd like to see her scrap now...haha

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

• Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic Said:
Well...I guess I'm going to have to get mean...lol! I don't want to...but I don't want to lose the members who are participating due to the fact that others are not.

There are specific requirements to belonging to this thread...I have stated more than once to re-read these and follow the rules. I have been checking to see if people are following the requirements, and no, I'm not talking about the 2 LOs I have just uploaded today.

I want to know by the end of this week, if you are going to participate and remain as a member of this group. If I don't see some reference to this post that you have read it and want to remain and PARTICIPATE according to the requirements, then I will remove your name from the list of members.

I do NOT want to lose any of our members, but it is NOT fair for some members to be following the rules, checking in, leaving comments on LOs that people post (come on, there aren't even that many), and for others to not do any of that!

If you prefer to just talk and be there when you can, then I noticed in the general forum, there is a thread that was started for people who want to be in a group, but don't have much time to participate. If that one is full...then start a new one.

Again, I do NOT want to lose anybody...but I certainly don't want anyone to harbor resentment b/c members are not participating.

I'm going to update this with current members list when I see full participation! This does not exclude anyone until the end of the week...Saturday or Sunday...but I want to keep this post up front so no one can claim to miss it!

So far:
Tracy, StaceyE, Gen, Sarah, Mel, Keisha, Stacey, & Janeen are in full participation

I'm just booting this to the front. There was a new LO added on page 25 from StaceyE & one added on page 31 from Tracy...as soon as I see that you have caught up with leaving comments, I will add you into the members list.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Tracy - that grass on your latest lo, is that like what I've been using...cuts off of a WM swag or something?

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08

*I meant LIQUID pearls. lol

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh....well in that case....I use LIQUID pearls ALL THE TIME!!!! I love them!!! You can buy a 50 pack of transparencies at WM online real cheap (I bought mine at staples not realizing and paid more), have them delivered site to store free s&h....I love liquid pearls!!!! I bought all 13, not sure how much, but I really think it was about the same amount...so yes, a good deal!!! You can see my gallery for examples if u want...there are a bunch! I send homemade bling to my friends in swaps and they love them!!! I make copies of bling I have, shrink or enlarge, for multiple sizes....I have also clicked on a pic of bling in the superstore, enlarge it, then right click & print...then when you make copies, you can enlarge it even more.....I have made tons of bling and still have almost full bottles...so they really go a long way!!! I love em!!! (LOL can't ya tell????)

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08

woooohoooo Stephanie. thanks so much... that is EXACTLY what I wanted to hear! Buying now! hehehe.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

You are more than welcome Gen....I am always willing to enable someone!!!

In the past 2 days, I have bought 8 packs of BG paper (still watching about 6), 7 distress embossing powders with an embossing ink pad, 9 bottles of distress crackle paint. What else do I need?

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

Another vote for liquid pearls

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

She don't need your vote Tracy...I was enough for her

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Evening! Had a pretty good day...drug DH around with me while we ran errands, went out to lunch and had way too many glasses of wine!! It was the perfect end to the week!

I don't have any liquid pearls but I have tons of iridescent puff paint and I LOVE it...it's quite addictive!

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to StaceyE

Steph, I'm DYING to know what BG packs you got...love BG!!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

I'll write you a list when I go downstairs to look. I got 4 packs of pp and 5 packs of cs...oh I guess I bought 9 the last 2 days, not just 6....and I'm still watching more. I'm addicted!!!

Sounds like you had a great day StaceyE...I don't like wine...but I would definitely like a day like that with strawberry daquiris!!!

I just used puff paint for bling the first time on that purple LO I did...I loved how it turned out...so where do I get irridescent puff paint?

NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom

Hi girls.

Still around. Just a bit sore and tired. Just trying to rest up. Hopefully by the end of the weekend, I will be much better.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to NewbieMom

I hope so too Sara!!!

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Glad to hear you are on the mend Sara!
You are killing me Stephanie! I wish I could shop like that! I try to space my spending, 30 here 40 there so it never seems like that much...HA!
Iridescent puff paint is right there with the regular puff paint at WM...if you read the label some will say shiny (which is the regular ol puff paint) and some will say iridescent, which are my faves! And for something like 97cents I can't resist...
BTW, do you prefer Stephanie or is Steph ok?

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

I prefer Stephanie IRL...in fact, no one IRL calls me anything but Stephanie, but I don't mind if people on here call me Steph...easier to type!

Don't worry Stacey...I'm killing myself with this spending! I have got to stop!!! Now, I want the creatopia machine and ALL the goodies that go with it, so I'm going to try and sell the cuttlebug I got for DH to give me for Christmas, so I can get the Creatopia machine.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I will be looking for the irridescent puff paint, but now that I am in my scraproom, I see that I have some that are scribbles. Will have to try them.

OK...the BG I bought in pp was Infuse, Perhaps, Blush, & Wassail Christmas. The CS was Crisp, Practical, Happy, Fresh, & Crude

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

What's the creatopia machine? lol, like i need more tools

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

OMG...it is the new EVERYTHING machine! 12 X 12 ...adhesive, shape cutter, border maker, embossing, cutting...just does it all!!! I want it sooo much!!! Go to the video section, there are lots of videos...look it up!!! You'll definitely want one of these! It will replace so many other tools!!! It takes all the dies for the other embossing/die cut machines to!!

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva

Happy Saturday ladies!!

I do believe I am all caught up on gallery love.

I am realizing that Stephanie may not be the person I should hang around with because it doesn't take much to get me shopping LOL...

I have a few of the liquid pearls and have used them once or twice. Very pretty

OMG.... you did some serious BG damage

I am AFRAID to look at the creatopia but you know I'm gonna LOL...

Feel better Sara!!

Just got coffee made. I want to be out the door at 10am. Lots of errands to run.

Library, Target, Pathmark, Halloween City! I don't mind, just like to head out early and 10 is late for me. I usually head out at 8am. I thought the kids wanted to come BUT they won't get up.

We got a new puppy on Wednesday (he's in my gallery) so Ihave to shop for him too!

Have an awesome day ladies!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Scrapping Diva

I saw that puppy Taysha...he is really cute!!!

I will make your head spin when I get on my buying sprees...shoot I make my own head spin!!! This morn I almost, almost bought 8 bottles of zing embossing powder for $16, got all the way to final checkout and then I changed my mind! I have 50 (little) bottles of Hampton Art A La Mode embossing powder, 2 Ranger Embossing powders, and 7 distress powders on the way....I decided that was enough for now!!!

I fell in love with BG last month, I was cinderella in a swap I'm in, got several packs and absolutely love it.....but the last 2 LOs I have done have been with Cosmo Cricket and I have fallen hard for it now...so uh oh...I think I am in trouble!!!

I have to sell my Cuttlebug now...I want want want the creatopia!!!! I love it!!

I'm extremely glad that you caught up Taysha and are staying in the group....thanks!

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva

LOL... great save on the ppurchase. I am usually not that good!

Wish me luck today that I stick to what I am going for and don't sway

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Well...I guess I'm going to have to get mean...lol! I don't want to...but I don't want to lose the members who are participating due to the fact that others are not.

There are specific requirements to belonging to this thread...I have stated more than once to re-read these and follow the rules. I have been checking to see if people are following the requirements, and no, I'm not talking about the 2 LOs I have just uploaded today.

I want to know by the end of this week, if you are going to participate and remain as a member of this group. If I don't see some reference to this post that you have read it and want to remain and PARTICIPATE according to the requirements, then I will remove your name from the list of members.

I do NOT want to lose any of our members, but it is NOT fair for some members to be following the rules, checking in, leaving comments on LOs that people post (come on, there aren't even that many), and for others to not do any of that!

If you prefer to just talk and be there when you can, then I noticed in the general forum, there is a thread that was started for people who want to be in a group, but don't have much time to participate. If that one is full...then start a new one.

Again, I do NOT want to lose anybody...but I certainly don't want anyone to harbor resentment b/c members are not participating.

I'm going to update this with current members list when I see full participation! This does not exclude anyone until the end of the week...Saturday or Sunday...but I want to keep this post up front so no one can claim to miss it!

So far:
Tracy, StaceyE, Gen, Sarah, Mel, Keisha, Stacey, Janeen, & Taysha are in full participation

I'm just booting this to the front. There was a new LO added on page 25 from StaceyE & one added on page 31 from Tracy...as soon as I see that you have caught up with leaving comments, I will add you into the members list.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Nope, goes against my personality to wish you luck in not spending more than you need to...I hope you crash and burn

I'm j/k good luck

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva

LOL...LOL...

I'm back. I didn't do too badly but there was nothing to buy

It is raining so I will save a couple of stores for tomorrow. I did get:

An 8in pink tree for my desk at work

For the puppy:

A coat, a blanket, a christmas stocking, a leash (which is ugly) and a chew toy...

Boring food stuff and sleepy time tea!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

LOL...a coat...that is tooo funny!!!! I want a little tiny yorkie to dress up and carry in my purse!!! DH doesn't care if I get one someday...but we don't have the money now.

Bless my mom's heart, she was going to try and get me one for Christmas...it was a pup of 2 show winners....she had NO idea how much they cost lol!!!

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva

Hehe.. apparently this breed tends to get cold so I got him a coat. Not my first choice at all but I got what they had

Oh yorkies are too cute!! I almost bought a halloween costume LOL...

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Morning!!
Taysha, Peanut is too cute! I want a little lap dog someday...right now we have two big dogs so it will be a nice change...someday!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

We have 2 big dogs outside and a little mutt inside. Someday is my plan too.

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva

Morning Stacey!!

Thank you! He does think he belongs on my lap LOL!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Wow wee...its quiet here today!!! Where is everyone??? Don't tell me that since it's a Saturday night ya'll have hot dates...I've feel really bad about my own life!!

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

LOL...a coat...that is tooo funny!!!! I want a little tiny yorkie to dress up and carry in my purse!!! DH doesn't care if I get one someday...but we don't have the money now.

Bless my mom's heart, she was going to try and get me one for Christmas...it was a pup of 2 show winners....she had NO idea how much they cost lol!!!

We just got a Yorkie puppy last month, dd named her Pansy. She is THE sweetest thing, lol. Full grown she will weigh about 5lbs. She now has a coat and a sweater, not to mention the rest of the stuff that 'comes' with them lol. Dh nearly fell over dead when I told her how much, and I shaved off a couple hundred when I told him how much

Here's dd with Pansy....

Our new puppy, Pansy
By Swatmommy

Edited by swatmommy on 10-17-09 04:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

I have been holed up in the basement trying to hang the danged ceiling. It is soooo hard to do with one person... The pieces are too long for me to balance and screw in at the same time, ugh! If dh says ONE ITTY BITTY THING about it being even a little bit crooked, I'm going to go mental.... But he will

I probably won't be on again tonight, talk to you all tomorrow!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Humph...she's on for 5 minutes and leaves...now I'm all alone!!!

I wouldn't even attempt to do what you are doing Tracy...so I will go mental on your DH if he says anything...you just let me know!!!

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva

• swatmommy Said:

We just got a Yorkie puppy last month, dd named her Pansy. She is THE sweetest thing, lol. Full grown she will weigh about 5lbs. She now has a coat and a sweater, not to mention the rest of the stuff that 'comes' with them lol. Dh nearly fell over dead when I told her how much, and I shaved off a couple hundred when I told him how much

Here's dd with Pansy....

Our new puppy, Pansy
By Swatmommy

What a cutie!!! I can only imagine!! My Dad bought ours for us!! It is an early Christmas present.

Hehe... you shope for them like babies!! The only thing that slowed me down yesterday is that they either didn't have or I didn't like certain things!

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva

Happy Sunday all!!!

Tracy hope all went well with the ceiling

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Good morning everyone!!! I'm debating whether I want to go to church today or not...isn't that awful!

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Tracy I love your girl power!! If DH says anything about the work you're doing you might want to get him with the nail gun...just sayin...
Stephanie, I don't think you're awful...but we're not church people so the thought of getting everyone up and dressed on a Sunday morning sounds dreadful to me!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

Hi Stacey!!! Not going won out...DD didn't want to, which when I was undecided, made it easy for me not to go. I've been out of church for a very long time, and only about a month ago, did I find a church I like and start going again, but it's very hard to get back into the routine of getting up and going again every Sunday.

I have a pretty, bright day today, despite the unnecessary cold, I think I will finally take pics of my LO I finished a week ago and get it posted...maybe...lol

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to StaceyE

good morning!!

weekend hsa been pretty good, kids stayed with grandma last night hubby had to work security so the house was mine for a little while, and what did I do?? Sit on my butt and watch Twilight He is sooo fine!! (Edward that is)

Having my morning coffee,trying to get the kids to clean up the mess they already made this morning with Play Doh. Why is that? They make the mess then don't wanna clean it up? And I am a bit ill this morning, it is well ya know my time to shine if u know what i mean.

Edited by scrappinmomto2girls on 10-18-09 06:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

LOL Margaret...if you can find the secret to getting kids of any age to clean up playdough...please, please share with me!!!

Do you think you will have a chance to catch up on LO love today? I've got to enforce the requirements of the thread for people to stay in...I don't want to lose you...but I need you to catch up if you can. I'm only asking that people give love on pg 25 to StaceyE's LO and pg 31 to Tracy's LO....I'm not making them go back to the beginning.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Morning! LOL on the your time to shine Margaret...never heard that one! I am so tired today but this house is a disaster so guess what that means...since everyone's home they will be helping me clean! Which means I'll have less to do tomorrow...pretty good plan!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

Works for me Stacey!!! I'm going to do the last of my laundry today, so it will be caught up when the parents get here Tuesday. I just need to sweep, maybe mop. I shampooed carpets last week, so it doesn't look too bad.

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva

Just finished cleaning the bathroom!

Hope to get two LO's uploaded today.... hopefully

No church today here either. I definitely don't go as often as I should and the cold and rain don't help. The good thing is even if we don't go the kids do. (most of the time)

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Yeah, my kids are the same Taysha, they go almost every Wednesday and with this new church, they have kids night on Sunday nights, games and food, so they have started going to that.

I'm uploading mine now. It's a 2 pager, usually I take 3 pics, one of each page, then one of the 2 together, but I'm just going to do each page now to at least save one pic.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

That is all just too time consuming if you make sure and do all the steps involved in the upload of LOs! LOL

Here they are:

These boots were made for - Page 1
By Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic

falling on your head - page 2
By Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to StaceyE

• StaceyE Said:
Tracy I love your girl power!! If DH says anything about the work you're doing you might want to get him with the nail gun...just sayin...
Stephanie, I don't think you're awful...but we're not church people so the thought of getting everyone up and dressed on a Sunday morning sounds dreadful to me!

OMG Stacey, you made me laugh!! Only because my dad accidentally shot my dh in the eye with the nail gun last summer while they were renovating. It was touch and go for a while, but thanksfully there's no permanent damage - I can laugh about it now, but dh is still sour, lmao!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Oh, I remember you telling that story...you even did a LO on it...lol...that would be one touchy situation...lol

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

• scrappinmomto2girls Said:
good morning!!

weekend hsa been pretty good, kids stayed with grandma last night hubby had to work security so the house was mine for a little while, and what did I do?? Sit on my butt and watch Twilight He is sooo fine!! (Edward that is)

Having my morning coffee,trying to get the kids to clean up the mess they already made this morning with Play Doh. Why is that? They make the mess then don't wanna clean it up? And I am a bit ill this morning, it is well ya know my time to shine if u know what i mean.

Edward! Are you going to New Moon when it first comes out? Wait, you already have your theatre tickets, don't you? lmao!

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to j3Mel

Ok, I HAD to share this, dh emailed it to me and I'm still chuckling

Why men don't write advice columns...

Dear Walter,

I hope you can help me here. The other day, I set off for work leaving my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't driven more than a mile down the road when the engine conked out and the car shuddered to a halt. I walked back home to get my husband's help.

When I got home I couldn't believe my eyes. He was in our bedroom with the neighbours daughter. I am 32, my husband is 34, and the neighbours daughter is 22. We have been married for ten years. When I confronted him, he broke down and admitted that they had been having an affair for the past
six months.

I told him to stop or I would leave him. He was sacked from his job six months ago and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and worthless. I love him very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum he has become increasingly distant. He won't go to counselling and I'm afraid I can't get through to him anymore.

Can you please help?

Sincerely, Sheila

------------------------- ------

Dear Sheila:

A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine. Start by checking that there is no dirt in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the vacuum pipes and hoses on the intake manifold and also check all grounding wires. If none of these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the injectors.

I hope this helps.

Walter.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Oh Tracy...that was so awkward! I had no idea that your DH had a real life incident with a nail gun...what are the odds?!!!
That advice column had me LMAO!!!! The funniest thing being that if men wrote advice columns, that's EXACTLY how they would be...!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

LOL...that is too funny Tracy!!!

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva
In response to j3Mel

OK here is one LO... having issues loading the other one. If someone can tell me how to get the LO and just the LO I would appreciate it

Happy Halloween By Scrapping Diva

godschild94
Governor
godschild94

Afternoon ladies! Just checking in and leaving love before i try to finish up a layout that I had started on Friday before work. I went to a rubber stamping show this afternoon here in town and picked up a few new fun toys and got some good deals too. I found the Tim Holz Tiny Attacher and blank mask sheets where you can cut your own masks on your die cutting machine. I cannot wait to play with them! I also picked up some Scenic Route Chipboard for half price and a few new birthday stamps.

Stephanie - Yes, I am sticking around. I am normally pretty chatty but these past few weeks have not been normal.

Stacey - Thanks

Taysha - Your puppy is so cute! It is totally making me want to scrap my puppy pics.

Gen - I have not used liquid pearls but I have used perfect pearls. They are a fun way to add shimmer and shine to your projects. Tim Holtz has some great demo videos out using a lot of his and Ranger's products. I always find myself wanting new toys after watching those vidoes.

Well I am off to finish my layout and hopefully get that one as well as 2 more uploaded tonite. Have a great Sunday evening ladies!

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to godschild94

I just put the mask sheets on my wish list...awesome idea!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

I'm not sure what you mean Taysha about just getting only the LO. Do you mean editing?

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

A friend here recently told me about the new ecraft machine...its a cross between the sil and the cricut. It doesn't use a carrier mat, so you don't have to peel anything off a sticky sheet. It does use SD cards costing about $39 each, but if you are computer savvy, you can import files off the pc too. It holds a pen & blade at the same time, so you don't have to switch out items. It's worth thinking about selling the sil eventually and getting one of those. I've been having sooo much trouble cutting anything delicate. I can cut larger, blunt things, but it does terrible on anything delicate.

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

I saw that machine, GG loves matthew posted it, I think. It looks awesome!! If it can cut chipboard, and if it cuts big enough, I would definitely consider selling my cutter sometime in the future. And if I can still create my own files - it would be good if the software could cut multiple file types, like GSD, SVG, WPC etc...

I know what you mean about delicate. If I don't have a BRAND new mat, then the paper tears. Grrr!!! I've been having quite a bit of trouble with mine lately, simple cuts are taking FOREVER and it tears a lot. I bought some blades off ebay, and I wonder about their quality...

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08

I want the ecraft sooooo so bad!!! I had a cricut and sold it-- I just wasn't that impressed. I hated that I kept having to buy the mats, and the cartridges are soooo expensive. I'd rather spend my scrappy money on other things! SO then I got the slice which I LOVE... but I would like to be able to cut bigger things sometimes.... soooo... the ecraft seems to be the machine made for me!!!

I have a yorkiepoo-- (yorkie/poodle mix). They are "designer dogs" bred for people with allergies. I have horrible allergies, and my little Boomer doesn't shed. He is soooo sweet and just an amazing dog. I will post pics when I find my camera. He is 6 months old and weighs just over 3 lbs... I was told they are normally about 4 lbs, but I just don't see him getting that much bigger. I LOVEEEE Yorkies... I always wanted a purse dog, and when I found yorkiepoos, i was sold! He was wayyyyy to expensive though, but I def think he was worth it!

I had to go to the dentist yesterday. Booo!! I have to get a root canal (yuck!) I don't know about yall, but my weekend went by wayyyy to fast! Well, I'll either check in later tonight, or as usual tomorrow!

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

We used to have a dog named Boomer, best dog ever lol.
Sorry about the root canal, I had one this summer. It wasn't as bad as I expected, but still not lots of fun
We were thinking about Yorkiepoos when we got our Yorkie, it just happened that this litter was available...

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

DH said no to a yorkiepoo...said only a mini yorkie, which is fine by me. They are in the paper for 350, so maybe if I get a better paying job later on.

I see no point in having a cutter that won't cut everything i want it to cut. I made my own mats with quilters templates and xyron repo adhesive, and those mats seem to work better than the ones you actually buy for the sil, but last night, I had to cut my title 3 times to get a decent cut and still had to make some hand cuts. That is ridiculous and a total waste of money!!!! I would also like a machine that cuts up to 12 X 12 (or 11 1/2 wide actually), rather than mine that will just do 12 X 8.5. I'm picky!! I spent too much money to be dissatisfied and that is definitely what I am!!!

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

When I try to cut more than once, it doesn't cut in the same place, its driving me crazy!! Its not just a little but off. I've tried pasting the image over itself, as well as sending it through a second time (without moving the mat). It used to do it fine... Any ideas?

NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom

Hi girls.

Feeling lots better.

I did do a LO on Saturday night with help from DD.

I do have a few that I have to take pictures off and upload them.

I do will do that on Monday morning.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend

Now only if that pizza man would get here soon,my head is killing me. My fault from not eating anything all day long.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Sorry Tracy...I don't have any ideas on that...I've never had that happen. If I want to cut twice, as soon as it finishes the first time, I just go up and hit the cut button again, I haven't ever pasted on top. But it doesn't help, I've never ever been able to cut through thick paper no matter what.

Last night, trying to get that title cut, I used the yellow top, the red top, cut slower, then cut even slower...it was awful!!! It kept ripping the paper and not cutting all the way through. I know my mat is sticky enough because it is a pain in the butt to take paper off of it.

That's one of the reasons I love the ecraft...no mat!!! But, I don't like the cartridges...that's why I didn't want the cricut, I didn't want to have to buy cartridges.

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

On a whim, I tried to cut through chipboard (not the real stuff, but the stuff that cereal comes in) and it cut beautifully. Because it is so heavy, I taped it down on the sides with painters tape. For some reason I have trouble cutting the lighter paper - maybe I'm using too much pressure? I don't know...

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

You cut cereal box on the sil? What blade did you use? Taped it down to what? The mat? Does the thickness slider really make a difference? I still don't know why I can't cut heavy paper, it won't go through, but maybe why my light paper was tearing is b/c I had the thickness all the way up.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

I have the cricut and never use it. I HATE buying the carts for it, I've had it over a year and I think I only have maybe 4, and they were all Christmas presents. I'd just rather spend my money on some cute paper pack! I feel bad that so much got spent on it and it just sits there...I keep thinking I want the slice but then I don't know if I'd use that either...

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to StaceyE

Evening ladies! Just popping in real quick to say Hi!

I love my cricut, don't know what I would do without it. I do hate buying the cartridges though.

We went to a seafood festival yesterday and spent a small fortune on food. None of us even eat seafood, so it was all the other fair type of food they had there.

I will be cleaning the house tomorrow. Ugh! It has been rainy and dreary all weekend. I did manage to make a card for a couple of challenges, so I am just waiting for the weather to co-operate so I can get a good pic.

Well, I am headed to bed. I will talk to you ladies some more in the morning. Have a good night!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 10-18-09 06:16 PM
In response to cpowife

hey girls....I love my cricut but I also have SCAL software so I can cut anything I want if hooked to the computer OR have a few cartridges if I want to take it with me somewhere.

Did a little bit of scrapping this weekend. Did a 2 page layout yesterday and a 1 page layout today. Have all the pics picked out for another 2 pager but decided to play on the computer a little while then have to fold clean clothes.

We went to what was supposed to be a get together for a friends 30th birthday last night. Carry in dinner and hang out/watch football/play cards type thing. I got there and realized I'd been had....it was a surprise 40th for me We have a group of friends that get together about once a month and they were all there plus my mom and dad and brothers and sisters. We didn't leave until almost 2 this morning. My 3 year old nephew would NOT go to sleep. His mom and dad went to leave at about 1 a.m. and he begged to go home with us so you guessed it, Aunt MeMe and Uncle Larry couldn't resist his pleading. He slept until about 10 this morning. Joni just took him home about 30 minutes ago and he wanted to spend the night again. We told him Mom and Dad missed him and he shrugged his shoulders and said "SO". Finally, Joni told him "Pete" - the kitten- missed him so agreed going home would be a good idea We promised he could come back soon.......he'll be here Thursday night anyway cuz that is his mom's bowling night and he always hangs out with us while she is bowling

okay, I have laundry that needs to be folded so I can go to bed at a decent time. I'm about 3 loads behind on folding clean clothes and they are all on my bed so gotta get it done.

I don't think the bossman is going to be in the office tomorrow so maybe I'll have some chit chat time.

good night.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to j3Mel

Mel that sounds soooo fun! Except for the laundry part it sounds like you had a good weekend!
I've been totally thinking I need to get SCAL, I might actually get some use out of my cricut then...

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to StaceyE

My sis had her housewarming party yesterday so here's the card I made...
welcome home By StaceyE

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StaceyE

That is so awesome Mel that they threw you a birthday party!!! I am envious, LOL!!! I am glad you had a wonderful time!!!

I don't know then about the ecraft because it takes sd cards. You can use computer software, but it is a certain type of software and files, not sure how easy that would be. I don't want to spend $40 on a card or cart or whatever!!! I love the convenience of internet files with my sil...just really getting fed up with the trouble of cutting!!!

We finally had a bright, sunny day here today. Got to take DS out to play for a little while. I also got to take pics of my LO that has been sitting her all week. I hate this weather.

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

You cut cereal box on the sil? What blade did you use? Taped it down to what? The mat? Does the thickness slider really make a difference? I still don't know why I can't cut heavy paper, it won't go through, but maybe why my light paper was tearing is b/c I had the thickness all the way up.

I put the pink cap on and cranked the pressure scale all the way to 33, lol. I taped the cereal box down to the mat. I think that my lighter paper is tearing because I'm using the wrong cap -I'm going to try a lighter cap and less pressure, see if that helps.... maybe its cutting into the mat too hard, and that's why the paper is tearing.

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to cpowife

• cpowife Said:
Evening ladies! Just popping in real quick to say Hi!

I love my cricut, don't know what I would do without it. I do hate buying the cartridges though.

We went to a seafood festival yesterday and spent a small fortune on food. None of us even eat seafood, so it was all the other fair type of food they had there.

I will be cleaning the house tomorrow. Ugh! It has been rainy and dreary all weekend. I did manage to make a card for a couple of challenges, so I am just waiting for the weather to co-operate so I can get a good pic.

Well, I am headed to bed. I will talk to you ladies some more in the morning. Have a good night!

Have you considered SCAL? I keep reading about this software, it seems like the cricut's answer to no cartridges....

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
hey girls....I love my cricut but I also have SCAL software so I can cut anything I want if hooked to the computer OR have a few cartridges if I want to take it with me somewhere.

Did a little bit of scrapping this weekend. Did a 2 page layout yesterday and a 1 page layout today. Have all the pics picked out for another 2 pager but decided to play on the computer a little while then have to fold clean clothes.

We went to what was supposed to be a get together for a friends 30th birthday last night. Carry in dinner and hang out/watch football/play cards type thing. I got there and realized I'd been had....it was a surprise 40th for me We have a group of friends that get together about once a month and they were all there plus my mom and dad and brothers and sisters. We didn't leave until almost 2 this morning. My 3 year old nephew would NOT go to sleep. His mom and dad went to leave at about 1 a.m. and he begged to go home with us so you guessed it, Aunt MeMe and Uncle Larry couldn't resist his pleading. He slept until about 10 this morning. Joni just took him home about 30 minutes ago and he wanted to spend the night again. We told him Mom and Dad missed him and he shrugged his shoulders and said "SO". Finally, Joni told him "Pete" - the kitten- missed him so agreed going home would be a good idea We promised he could come back soon.......he'll be here Thursday night anyway cuz that is his mom's bowling night and he always hangs out with us while she is bowling

okay, I have laundry that needs to be folded so I can go to bed at a decent time. I'm about 3 loads behind on folding clean clothes and they are all on my bed so gotta get it done.

I don't think the bossman is going to be in the office tomorrow so maybe I'll have some chit chat time.

good night.

40!! That's sweet that they threw a party for you!

lol, your nephew sounds like a card, too cute.

But I don't see your layouts in your gallery, nudge nudge

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I'll have to try that Tracy, I always hated that I couldn't cut chipboard, and cereal boxes are close enough. I cut a notebook paper journalling box just a little while ago, used the yellow cap and cranked the pressure down to about half, it cut pretty good. Just a couple of spots on the edge I had to fix.

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

Have you tried sanding the back? Sometimes if the blade doesn't score all the way through, it looks cleaner if you sand the back, rather than try to fix it with a craft knife - I have really wobbly hands, I never could have been a surgeon lol.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Well, this paper that I just cut, I just pulled the little left overs off. But, I have taken your advice and sanded the back, sometimes it has worked, sometimes it hasn't, b/c it seems like my blade isn't even scratching the surface of the paper. I've pretty much given up cutting anything thick. Sometimes, I'm able to pull the back off the thicker papers, if you KWIM. Soooo much trouble for something that cost so much.

TiggerPooh2380
Expert
TiggerPooh2380

HELP!~~ I am so making cookie sheet calendars, and my thoughts are to have 1/3 for paper with the month on top, and 2/3 is chalkboard paint so that it is easy to change each month. I just started my first top and I hate it! It looks super busy. I bought this All seasons paperstack with the intention of using it for this, but I am now thinking I would be better off with blank paper on the back. What should i do?

Page 7 of 113 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics