Page 2 of 4 
Username Post: VCW Week #139 - I Scrap, Therefore I Am        (Topic#1519257)
Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to DawnInAZ

Oh that sounds like a gross site to see, lol

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to Scrap Chica

love the costume Dawn!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 10-31-09 04:42 PM

Happy Halloween ya'll! I'm just hanging out. Spent part of the day at DS's basketball scrimmage and then took a nap. The house is decent looking so I'm not going to worry about the basket of clothes to fold right now. There will always be time later.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• Scrappy Gal 68 Said:
love the costume Dawn!

Thanks! It was just the teeth insert, the hat, a sword and a hook to hold in a sleeve! I wore a long black skirt with a puffy sleeved blouse. I shoulda word a red sash too, but I did not have one.

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to DawnInAZ

well u did a great job

Happy Trick or Treat!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

Thanks!
What's sort of funny is that I don't really observe Halloween, I just wanted to help my co workers win our contest!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

Mmmm...eating some Ben and Jerry's Triple Caramel Chunk ice cream.
Enjoying the quiet house! My parents are up at a cabin for the weekend.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to DawnInAZ

That sounds yummy Dawn, both the ice cream and house to yourself.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to NMlady

Everyone out there, turn your clocks back tonight!
(So that our timezone can return to normal!)

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
That sounds yummy Dawn, both the ice cream and house to yourself.

(nods with my mouth full.)

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to DawnInAZ

Mmmm - ice cream sounds good Dawn!

Trick or treating was a bit busted tonight - we got slammed with high winds and torrential downpours!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

The Phillies game, delayed by rain, is now playing!

Gonna watch some then head to bed.

Go Phillies!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to DawnInAZ

Hiya ladies. I took the baby to a thing at church. It was nice and we had a nice time. She had her little outfit that said First Halloween she was a darling.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • Scrappy Gal 68 Said:
love the costume Dawn!

Thanks! It was just the teeth insert, the hat, a sword and a hook to hold in a sleeve! I wore a long black skirt with a puffy sleeved blouse. I shoulda word a red sash too, but I did not have one.

Yes you did do a good job dawny.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to babigirl

Andrea was a cute lil pink bug! haha!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to DawnInAZ

Morning ladies!! Going to get ready for church but wanted to drop off a lo I did yesterday before we went trick or treating.

Sorry about your Phillies last night Cathy but GO Yankees!!!!!

Here is my lo for a sketch challenge. Not the greatest pic but here it is . . .

Miracles to the 3rd power By TripletMother

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to TripletMother

Good morning ladies. I hope all is doing good. I am doing good. The baby is gone to church with mama. I did my cleaning yesterday so now i just got to wash clothes and go to the grocery store some time today.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:

Aww look at her so cute and getting so big how old is she now.

LuvMyPoodles
Idol
LuvMyPoodles
In response to babigirl

Good DAY,

i AM SO TIRED...We had a good time last night but... The baby was so affraid of half the people who came to the door it wasnt even funny...So finally we took her to the few select homes and after we came back she emptied her candy dish and said I want to go again! ahahhaah very cute!

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday! I will be back around later!

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

• TripletMother Said:
Morning ladies!! Going to get ready for church but wanted to drop off a lo I did yesterday before we went trick or treating.

Sorry about your Phillies last night Cathy but GO Yankees!!!!!

Here is my lo for a sketch challenge. Not the greatest pic but here it is . . .

Miracles to the 3rd power By TripletMother

loving this layout!

Also, Ria and Dawn...I loved your Halloween costumes! I was planning to dress up this year but it didn't end up happening. You see, originally we were supposed to go trick or treating with friends who were going to another friend's neighborhood- supposedly they have lots of families that participate, lots of decorations, etc. Well, the family that had invited us decided not to go so we just went trick-or-treating in our own neighborhood. We had to do a lot of walking from house to house b/c only a few houses on each street were participating. It made me kindof sad b/c trick-or-treating was such a big thing when I was a kid.

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci
In response to KellyLeigh

morning gals

just wanted to post another invite to you all to the Nov. PhotoHunt Challenge I'm co-hosting

we have a lot of players this month so its gonna be a lot of fun!

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to BlingPrincessMarci

my trick-or-treaters By KellyLeigh

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

She is 15 months.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• KellyLeigh Said:

Kelly, they all look so sweet!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Wow its been very quiet around here today. Where is everyone at. Yall must be doing your own thing today.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Yes kelly they are adorable

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • babigirl Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

She is 15 months.

Wow it do not even seem like it's been that long my or my does time fly.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to babigirl

Hi ladies!

Great weekend, moved my scraproom around, and now I have more space. Today I spend some time organizing my stamps, put most of them in cd's. Still need to go buy me some more. Not much scrapping, but time well spent.

Now to finish watching the game, so far the Yankees are ahead. Dh is happy

Good night!

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop

• KellyLeigh Said:

Awwwwwwwww, the look so cute!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to foltzy

• foltzy Said:
Wish I could help you with Heat embossing Clara as I own the stuff to heat emboss but have never tried it, I have no idea.

Wonder if they have an embossing pen that you could trace the image and do it that way.

They do. I have a couple. And they work nicely.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

Hi all!!! Just checking in between work stretches. Three down...two to go.

Thursday night was BUSY. One person transferred out and one came in right at shift change. That always gives a hectic start to the night.

Then, around 11:30, one of our nurses was in a patient's room, taking care of the guy, while the wife was in there, talking to the nurse. The guy had coded while in another unit, had been revived, and was with us, on a ventilator. As they talked, the wife looked up at the monitor and said, "What do those numbers mean?" There was a big fat "0" in the heart rate box. His heart just stopped. No slowing down. No stopping, then starting, then stopping. Just stopped. Done.

And as we were dealing with that, we got a call that we were being sent a patient from another hospital. She'd had an acute stroke. Originally, they were going to bring her by ambulance and it would take about 3 hours. Then they decided to air evac her and it would be an hour. The same nurse got this patient who already had an 18-year-old boy who'd had a craniotomy to drain/remove an abscess in his brain. (He hadn't answered his phone for a few days, so his mom drove down from Chicago - 4 hours away - and found him unresponsive in his dorm room.) So that nurse was running between rooms doing neuro checks every 1/2 hour.

Busy night.

But then the next two nights were (blissfully) slow. And I've discovered that slow nights at work, when you're not allowed to be online, and you're not allowed to sit at the desk and text...they're great for getting a lot of work done on Christmas cards that you're making. So that's what I've been working on.

Oh! And I've decided that the worst part about working a 13-hour shift on the night that time changes...is listening to everyone else whine about working a 13-hour shift on the night that time changes. I didn't have any problems with it. Shoot...we even turned it into a party of sorts, bringing food in for the night. (Three reasons: it was Halloween, it was time change night and we had to get through a long shift, and it was Saturday which means there's nothing good in the cafeteria.)

About the only other interesting thing to share is that DH had a close encounter of the Wifey kind yesterday......

He & Ethan were out yesterday (Saturday) afternoon, making their rounds, doing what they do on Saturday afternoons. They were at Wal-Mart. Jim thought he saw ESD, Wifey & Baby (who will be 1 this week), so he kind of dodged into another aisle. He saw them again, so turned his back, both to shield Ethan from them and to pretend he didn't know they were there.

And Wifey and Baby came right up and started talking to him. (Note: ESD did not come with them. But I can bet he was standing back somewhere watching...) I had to laugh...when Wifey came up, the first thing she said was, "OMG! Is that Ethan?!?!" And Ethan (who is learning which words are good which are bad) said, "She said ohmygod." Then (according to Jim) she continued to comment on Ethan's blonde hair, and say to him "you probably don't remember me..." (DUH!) and made some comment about getting the boys together to play (to which Jim thought to himself, "Over my dead body.").

Y'know...I'm almost jealous. Kim saw them at the grocery store a couple weeks ago. (Tho' none of them has ever come up to talk to her.) And now Jim's seen them. I kinda want to see them. I think, seriously, I'm the only person who isn't afraid of running into them.

And in a way, I'm kind of sad that Ethan met his brother and doesn't realize it. Not that either of the boys is really old enough right now to understand the significance, but they will be some day.

And then I'm also highly amused that ESD didn't even have the cajones to come over himself and talk. I have to wonder whether he sent Wifey, or whether she decided herself to do it, or whether she tried to get him to come along and he wouldn't...THAT would have been a conversation worth hearing.

smalltowngurrl
Idol
smalltowngurrl
In response to c-leaper

I am getting ready for bed but I wanted to drop off a couple of lo's I did this weekend.

busy bob By Smalltowngurrl

Cheese By Smalltowngurrl

This one is one I did using a sketch that Heather did!! I love who it came out. Thanks Heather!!!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
Things one doesn't need to see while driving around running errands:
-A guy with super long hair, wearing only a shirt, with speedos showing, and he was pushing an elderly man in a wheelchair.

Ew. Just...ew.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to c-leaper

My niece chose to get a car, so we won't be seeing them for Thanksgiving.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to Cracrop

Clara - don't feel badly. I seldom wear make-up to work. (But then, I work at night, we have the lights turned down, and most of my "customers" are unconscious.)

Ria - love the costume!!! (Even if it DOES look like work clothes for me.)

Dawn - for the record, I reset 10 clocks last night. One in our break room, one in the central work area, and one in each of 8 patient rooms.

Kelly - the pic is TOO CUTE!!!

Clara - good for you for rearranging your scrap room! That can be quite a job.

And now I've caught up with myself. Finally!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:

Dawn, do you think it's adolescent selfishness, or is it a more mature "one day vs. several years" kind of thinking?

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

Dawn, do you think it's adolescent selfishness, or is it a more mature "one day vs. several years" kind of thinking?

I know that my niece is now trying to talk my sister into letting her come anyways. So right now I think she is playing both sides.
What do you mean by one day vs several years?

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to DawnInAZ

Morning ladies! Don't think we dodged the bullet. I will be workign from home today. When getting Jackson ready for "school" this morning, noticed a rash on his leg that looks like hives. If what P had last week then it is contagious and can't go to daycare.

Carter is all bummed because he wants to go to "school" today. Not going to send any of them till I find out more what is going on.

Now to get caught up on here!!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Jenni - Yes, would have been interesting to be a fly in the wall in that conversation. Then again, I think it is cool that she at least made an attempt to be friendly. But I know if were ya'll, I woulod still be keeping my distance!

Clara - WOOHOO for working in scraproom! I started cleaning up my scraps last night so I could get them all put away b ut didn't get very far. My 2nd work table is covered in scraps.

Kelly - Cute kiddos!! It is sad that now a days most houses don't participate in trick or treating. We used to carry pillowcases around for candy because there was soooo much! That isn't the case anymore - not that the kids need the candy but it is the experience of the whole thing!

Debbie - Great new lo's! Glad you enjoyed the sketch!

Dawn - You looked great!! How fun!

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop

Good morning!

Jenni, I'm kinda happy that the two met, I know they are young and probably wont remember but still, I think is a good thing. As for you running into them, hehehehehe, would love to be that fly on the wall.

Dawn, hopefully she can also come, if not, can she come for Christmas?

Heather, oh, boy, poor kiddo. Yikes, if it is what P had, then meds for everyone.

Yes, I too changed all the clocks, then forgot to set my alarm clock, there was a lot of running around this am.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to Cracrop

Working on payroll and then will take Jackson to dr. at 11:30

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

morning.

working on cupcake gc holders until I need to run out for a customer drop off.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to moxiegirl23

Hey there! Happy Monday!

I got a card made. Not much scrapping going on... football playoffs, home projects... life in general getting in the way!

Stitched Felt Flowers Bday By Scrappycath

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Heather - hope all the kiddos are feeling better soon!

Jenni - run ins with ESD/Wifey - they would make for some fun for you!!!

Clara -

And hi to everyone else.

I need to get back to painting walls, Good day all!

Edited by scrappycath on 11-02-09 07:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop

Hi Liz, hi Cathy!

Cupcake gc holders, are they hard to make?

Cathy, house projects, that's fun, I love doing things around the house. Right now I'm trying to make a to do list for this weekend. Need to start getting the house ready for Christmas. And I need to tackle the closet that I have been putting of for a whole year.

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci
In response to Cracrop

morning *wave*

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Heading out to take Jackson to dr. BBS

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop

Morning Marci

Working on expenses, but thinking about stuff for Christmas.

smalltowngurrl
Idol
smalltowngurrl
In response to Cracrop

Morning Ladies!!!
I am at work eating my oatmeal and it is very quiet. Being the begining of the month I have lots of stuff today but I want to wait till I am bored to do that. The weekend was fun, lots of scraping. I only made two pages but I also move a few things around. Tonight I want to tackle the mess of random stuff in the middle of my scrap room floor. I hope everyone has a great day.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to smalltowngurrl

They're not that hard to make, Clara, but they can be a pain in the butt.

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci

im catching up on my tv on hulu

i love that show FlashForward!

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop

Good for you Marci! hulu is good

Debbie, is it a big mess?

Liz M, I need to try it. I know dd would appreciate one. She asked me for gc for Christmas. I need to look it up.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Cracrop

Hello ladies how are you. I am doing good. Keke is sleeping in the bed. I never seen a baby fight sleep so much lol. So how are you all doing.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • c-leaper Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

I know that my niece is now trying to talk my sister into letting her come anyways. So right now I think she is playing both sides.
What do you mean by one day vs several years?

I was thinking of "one day (or a few days) of family" could be sacrificed if it meant you were going to get a car, which could be worth several years of being able to get places without having to rely on others (including getting around to go see the family that you didn't spend the holiday with in the first place).

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Cracrop

• Cracrop Said:
Hi Liz, hi Cathy!

Cupcake gc holders, are they hard to make?

Cathy, house projects, that's fun, I love doing things around the house. Right now I'm trying to make a to do list for this weekend. Need to start getting the house ready for Christmas. And I need to tackle the closet that I have been putting of for a whole year.

I need to tackle my closest to. And I two like doing house projects, i really want to do kekes album but with me not having a job i can't get the supplies i need so i am saving all hundreds of pictures until i do have a job.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to babigirl

Shatema pm me your address. I am working on finishing up Abby's baby album and I know I will have some leftover baby girl stuff I can send to you.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• TripletMother Said:
Kelly - Cute kiddos!! It is sad that now a days most houses don't participate in trick or treating. We used to carry pillowcases around for candy because there was soooo much! That isn't the case anymore - not that the kids need the candy but it is the experience of the whole thing!

Heather...since you (and a bunch of the gals here) are some years younger than I am, I'd be curious to know what your t'or't experience was like. Hubby & I have this conversation every year...about how when WE were little, you didn't just go around to random houses...your parents only took you to places of people you knew. And you didn't just get your candy and go, but there was this whole process of the parents staying back so they couldn't be seen, and the people had to guess who you were. And since you were seeing friends, you'd often actually stay and visit a handful of minutes.

Of course, all of this meant the whole process took longer and the candy haul was way less. But it was more social.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to c-leaper

Jenni, I'm your age and my experience wasn't like that, mine was go to every house with a light on with your big pillowcase. Abby's was like yours when she was younger because we only took her to the homes of a few people we knew well until she was in 3rd grade then we let her do our neighborhood with older kids I'd babysat for.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • TripletMother Said:

Heather...since you (and a bunch of the gals here) are some years younger than I am, I'd be curious to know what your t'or't experience was like. Hubby & I have this conversation every year...about how when WE were little, you didn't just go around to random houses...your parents only took you to places of people you knew. And you didn't just get your candy and go, but there was this whole process of the parents staying back so they couldn't be seen, and the people had to guess who you were. And since you were seeing friends, you'd often actually stay and visit a handful of minutes.

Of course, all of this meant the whole process took longer and the candy haul was way less. But it was more social.

That's how we did it. This year we had more traffic, and more pillowcases.

smalltowngurrl
Idol
smalltowngurrl

Monthly Stats done!! Now what to do???

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

I was in preschool today. The kids are so fun.

Brian and I got a call from our mortgage guy and all is well. We're going to put an offer in. It's so exciting and so very scary at the same time.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to foltzy

Debbie, maybe reorganize your drawers?

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to foltzy

• foltzy Said:

Brian and I got a call from our mortgage guy and all is well. We're going to put an offer in. It's so exciting and so very scary at the same time.

Woooohohooooo! So happy for ya! If they agree on the offer, will you have the house before the end of the year?

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to foltzy

Good Luck Liz!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to NMlady

The house is empty. I don't see a problem with moving in before the end of the year as long as everything goes through.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • TripletMother Said:

Grew up in a very small town so everybody knew everybody. Could go wherever we wanted by ourselves, people guessed who you were, parents normally just stood behind and waved as you left a house or they just walked slow as we ran from house to house - enough that they could still see you but didnt' have to worry about whose house you were going to! We knew all the GOOD houses - the ones that handed out the best candy, the most candy, etc!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Update on Jackson aka Squirt, Jacks, little man. . .

not at all what Payton had, just a contact rash, give some benadryl, not contagious, can go to school tomorrow.

Praise the Lord!!!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

Thank goodness Heather. Glad he's okay.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to foltzy

Thanks Liz! Definitely a relief!!!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• scrappycath Said:
Heather - hope all the kiddos are feeling better soon!

Jenni - run ins with ESD/Wifey - they would make for some fun for you!!!

Clara -

And hi to everyone else.

I need to get back to painting walls, Good day all!

Cathy - PLEASE be careful with all your home projects. Take care of yourself.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• BlingPrincessMarci Said:
im catching up on my tv on hulu

i love that show FlashForward!

:nodding: I just hope it keeps up the quality/interest/suspense and doesn't fizzle like Lost did.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
Jenni, I'm your age and my experience wasn't like that, mine was go to every house with a light on with your big pillowcase. Abby's was like yours when she was younger because we only took her to the homes of a few people we knew well until she was in 3rd grade then we let her do our neighborhood with older kids I'd babysat for.

Joy - did you grow up in a larger town/city or a small town? Maybe it's a small town thing....

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to foltzy

• foltzy Said:

Woo-hoo!!

I'm soooooooo excited for you guys!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• TripletMother Said:
  • c-leaper Said:
  • TripletMother Said:

Grew up in a very small town so everybody knew everybody. Could go wherever we wanted by ourselves, people guessed who you were, parents normally just stood behind and waved as you left a house or they just walked slow as we ran from house to house - enough that they could still see you but didnt' have to worry about whose house you were going to! We knew all the GOOD houses - the ones that handed out the best candy, the most candy, etc!

Hmmm....so maybe it's just a town-by-town thing...

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• TripletMother Said:

not at all what Payton had, just a contact rash, give some benadryl, not contagious, can go to school tomorrow.

Praise the Lord!!!

Can I get an AMEN!!??!!??

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Caught up again.

Going to finish posting some pics to Facebook, then go lay down. Will be working tonight and tomorrow night...will probably be able to check in again Wednesday after I get home from church.

Love you, ladies!

smalltowngurrl
Idol
smalltowngurrl
In response to Cracrop

• Cracrop Said:
Debbie, maybe reorganize your drawers?

Funny you would mention that. That is what I am doing. I just aquired a new candy dish from the copy room. It was a vase that someone left behind so I took it and washed it. Now it's full of candy. Next I am going to tackle the office supply drawer.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop

Cool! Candy dish, that is always good.

I so want to go home, I think the organizing bug pinched me. Now I want to organize, purge, discard, and recycle.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to c-leaper

Finally got my LO up....been trying since Saturday....Geez Louise!!!!

Is There a Doctor in the House? By BlingQueenRia

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • TripletMother Said:

Praise the Lord!!!

AMEN!!!!!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • NMlady Said:

Joy - did you grow up in a larger town/city or a small town? Maybe it's a small town thing....

The town I lived in through 1st grade was very small and then AF base housing after that. Maybe the differnce was living in rentals and moving often. I'm not sure.

When I had Abby we lived in a pretty large town, so we had soooooo many beggars (oops kids) ringing our doorbell. My daycare kids and kids from church would come with their parents and be invited in to get a picture taken and pick candy from the "good" candy bowl.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
Hi all!!! Just checking in between work stretches. Three down...two to go.

Thursday night was BUSY. One person transferred out and one came in right at shift change. That always gives a hectic start to the night.

Then, around 11:30, one of our nurses was in a patient's room, taking care of the guy, while the wife was in there, talking to the nurse. The guy had coded while in another unit, had been revived, and was with us, on a ventilator. As they talked, the wife looked up at the monitor and said, "What do those numbers mean?" There was a big fat "0" in the heart rate box. His heart just stopped. No slowing down. No stopping, then starting, then stopping. Just stopped. Done.

And as we were dealing with that, we got a call that we were being sent a patient from another hospital. She'd had an acute stroke. Originally, they were going to bring her by ambulance and it would take about 3 hours. Then they decided to air evac her and it would be an hour. The same nurse got this patient who already had an 18-year-old boy who'd had a craniotomy to drain/remove an abscess in his brain. (He hadn't answered his phone for a few days, so his mom drove down from Chicago - 4 hours away - and found him unresponsive in his dorm room.) So that nurse was running between rooms doing neuro checks every 1/2 hour.

Busy night.

But then the next two nights were (blissfully) slow. And I've discovered that slow nights at work, when you're not allowed to be online, and you're not allowed to sit at the desk and text...they're great for getting a lot of work done on Christmas cards that you're making. So that's what I've been working on.

Oh! And I've decided that the worst part about working a 13-hour shift on the night that time changes...is listening to everyone else whine about working a 13-hour shift on the night that time changes. I didn't have any problems with it. Shoot...we even turned it into a party of sorts, bringing food in for the night. (Three reasons: it was Halloween, it was time change night and we had to get through a long shift, and it was Saturday which means there's nothing good in the cafeteria.)

About the only other interesting thing to share is that DH had a close encounter of the Wifey kind yesterday......

He & Ethan were out yesterday (Saturday) afternoon, making their rounds, doing what they do on Saturday afternoons. They were at Wal-Mart. Jim thought he saw ESD, Wifey & Baby (who will be 1 this week), so he kind of dodged into another aisle. He saw them again, so turned his back, both to shield Ethan from them and to pretend he didn't know they were there.

And Wifey and Baby came right up and started talking to him. (Note: ESD did not come with them. But I can bet he was standing back somewhere watching...) I had to laugh...when Wifey came up, the first thing she said was, "OMG! Is that Ethan?!?!" And Ethan (who is learning which words are good which are bad) said, "She said ohmygod." Then (according to Jim) she continued to comment on Ethan's blonde hair, and say to him "you probably don't remember me..." (DUH!) and made some comment about getting the boys together to play (to which Jim thought to himself, "Over my dead body.").

Y'know...I'm almost jealous. Kim saw them at the grocery store a couple weeks ago. (Tho' none of them has ever come up to talk to her.) And now Jim's seen them. I kinda want to see them. I think, seriously, I'm the only person who isn't afraid of running into them.

And in a way, I'm kind of sad that Ethan met his brother and doesn't realize it. Not that either of the boys is really old enough right now to understand the significance, but they will be some day.

And then I'm also highly amused that ESD didn't even have the cajones to come over himself and talk. I have to wonder whether he sent Wifey, or whether she decided herself to do it, or whether she tried to get him to come along and he wouldn't...THAT would have been a conversation worth hearing.

That is so crazy that she would come up and talk to your husband...bizarre! some people are just weird and love drama I think. I mean, if she really cared about seeing him (or if HE did) then surely they would contact ya'll in some way other than run-ins at Walmart. I mean geez what can she say, "Oh we care so much, we would call, but we figured we would just wait until we happened to see you while we were out buying milk and bread."

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

• TripletMother Said:

Praise the Lord!!!

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

Today I put in about 20 job applications...some via email, some via fax, and one in person. I really liked the place I submitted to in person. It is a very small, very well-kept nursing home and only about 15 minutes driving time from my house. I would either work 7am-3pm or 11pm-7am which means either way I can dodge after-school care and be with the kids in the afternoons/evenings.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to foltzy

• foltzy Said:

very exciting! I will be praying for everything to go smoothly

smalltowngurrl
Idol
smalltowngurrl

I cleaned out my drawers next to me. I guess I can catch up on gallery love. Gotta save something to do for the next 4 days.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

I am so disappointed in the Bounce dryer bar!!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to NMlady

Geoff locked himself in the bathroom. He locked it but couldn't unlock it. I had to take the door knob apart. He's fine and safe. Usually he doesn't bother the bathroom. He went in only a few seconds before I got there but it was enough time for him to lock it. He wasn't scared so that was good.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • TripletMother Said:

Praise the Lord!!!

AMEN!!!!!!!

smalltowngurrl
Idol
smalltowngurrl
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:

That's sad. I was thinking about that thing. What's wrong with it?

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci

i have stickles drying!!!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

• smalltowngurrl Said:
  • NMlady Said:

That's sad. I was thinking about that thing. What's wrong with it?

I have way more static cling than I do with the Target brand dryer sheets and I honestly don't think it is softening anything either. I will have to go back to using dryer sheets because dog hair and girl hair is stuck to all the clothes.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to NMlady

*peeks in from work*

*leaves bags of McRibs*

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to BlingQueenRia

"Dinnahh is served."

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci
In response to BlingQueenRia

no offense Ria.. ive never been a McRib fan... i don't care for barbacue sauce

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
Shatema pm me your address. I am working on finishing up Abby's baby album and I know I will have some leftover baby girl stuff I can send to you.

Thank you for thinking about me i really appreciate that.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• TripletMother Said:
  • c-leaper Said:
  • TripletMother Said:

Praise the Lord!!!

AMEN!!!!!!!

Amen

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan

Phew. All caught up.

I slept most of the day yesterday - a little under the weather. Today and until Wed. I am on training - Business Continuity Planning.

After work I raked up some leaves - 3 bags full. Met a neighbour - the one in charge or the neighbourhood watch.

Jenni - about trick or treating. When I was really small (like 6 years old and younger) we went around with the parents. After that, I went with my brother and 2 second cousins and our pillow cases. No parental unit. We went to all houses with lights. Then we moved to the suburbs. Parents loaded up the car and brought us to our old neighbourhood one year and mom stayed back to hand out candy. By the time I was 11 we no longer did the trick or treat thing but were the "old" kids and dressed up to hand out candy. Maybe it was 12 but 12 would be the oldest since we moved away after that. But I seem to recall handing out candy a couple of times.

I did not want to hand out candy in my new place and I can't turn off my lights - they are on a photosensor - so I went to the mall to shop and kill time.

I left my car unlocked in August and some low life riffled through it and took all my loose change (lots of it since a parking meter costs about $8).

None of my neighbours in the "nice" part of the street have kids so I was not ignoring their kids.

LuvMyPoodles
Idol
LuvMyPoodles
In response to corrie fan

Alright I finally got like a moment to check in a fill you all in on my life....

So today was my first full day at the new job flying solo! AND I LOVE IT!

Today I spent about 4 hours trying to figure out what the heck the girl before me was thinking! She has like 2 or 3 cabinets full of office supplies that are older then me... NO JOKE! We had roladex holders in that sucker... OLD anyway I to clean it up and move things out.. but... I have to wait until the morning to ask the lady who is in charge if it would be alright for me to clean house. because believe me it needs it!

Anyway other then that the day was great! I dont know if I am liking the new hour poopie but... It was nice to have the sun up on my way to work instead of goingin the dark!

DESI- HOWS HTE NEW JOB? Can not wait to hear how your first day gone?!?

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to LuvMyPoodles

anyone need a laugh??

Page 2 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics