Page 3 of 4 
Username Post: VCW Week #139 - I Scrap, Therefore I Am        (Topic#1519257)
leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

The Essence of WHAT?
By Leebla

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to leebla

Um, he looks too proud for this to be blackmail material...for the time being anyway.

What's the cage for?

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to corrie fan

Must go put a load of laundry on and take care of lunch and trash. BBL.

LuvMyPoodles
Idol
LuvMyPoodles
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• corrie fan Said:
Um, he looks too proud for this to be blackmail material...for the time being anyway.

What's the cage for?

that's the dog's cage! lol

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to leebla

Good one Elizabeth!

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

Glad you like your job Casie

Lots of healthy waves @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ going your way Jane!

Kelly, that job would be perfect. Will be praying for ya!

Liz F, glad he is ok

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

Hi ladies

The organizing bug did hit me. I tackled the closet, I feel good about it. Got rid of 2 tall boxes, thanks to dd for helping. Now I can access my scrapbook tote easily There is one box that I cant do much about it, it belongs to dh.

Going thru papers, got some to file and tons to shred. Do kinkos or a place like that have a shreding machine? I know I should buy one, but I dont purge and shred all the time and the daily stuff I shred in the office. But this is like a box of paper, too much to do at the office. Any ideas?

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to leebla

Hiya ladies i am back for a little while

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

om
  • corrie fan Said:

What's the cage for?

Wow I need that laugh

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • corrie fan Said:

What's the cage for?

that's the dog's cage! lol

I figured as much but with the get up, maybe some beast in drag was housed in there.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to Cracrop

Hi Shatema, Hi Clara.

Clara - are there any schools for the developmentally challenged adults (sorry - I may be using the wrong term for it these days). There is a school near my old place. They do "trades". For a while they were recycling paper and making their own paper pads for sale. Now I see that the money maker is shredding - by the pound. I am sure that they would be very efficient at it and ensure that every last scrap is gone. Of course even if there is such a school, you'd want to talk to the adult in charge. I am sure that they would be bonded and supervise the process. No worse than some guy at Kinkos or places like that. Just an option. Maybe not this time but could be a possibility.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
  • c-leaper Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
My niece chose to get a car, so we won't be seeing them for Thanksgiving.

Dawn, do you think it's adolescent selfishness, or is it a more mature "one day vs. several years" kind of thinking?

I know that my niece is now trying to talk my sister into letting her come anyways. So right now I think she is playing both sides.
What do you mean by one day vs several years?

I was thinking of "one day (or a few days) of family" could be sacrificed if it meant you were going to get a car, which could be worth several years of being able to get places without having to rely on others (including getting around to go see the family that you didn't spend the holiday with in the first place).

Knowing my sister, she won't be allowed to leave the state with the car. That was the rule when my nephew was there.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

Hate to post and run, but sleep is calling me.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to DawnInAZ

goodmorning!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to Cracrop

Hi ladies! Just popping in real quick, I love my new job so far. It's busy busy, so that's good. I'm going home to eat lunch, so I may pop in then for a more lengthy post. I've been sick for a few days too, spent all day Sunday in bed D:.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to DesiLee

sorry you aren't feeling well, but glad you are enjoying your job!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to KellyLeigh

morning!

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to moxiegirl23

Good morning

Thanks Jane, I will look into that.

Desi, glad you are liking the new job, and busy busy is goooooooddddd! As long as it is not driving you

Hi Kelly, Liz

Back to work, co-workers think that it is a good idea to have tons of meetings, blah.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

Oh, and purging is good, it gave me a super cool feeling

LuvMyPoodles
Idol
LuvMyPoodles
In response to DesiLee

• DesiLee Said:
Hi ladies! Just popping in real quick, I love my new job so far. It's busy busy, so that's good. I'm going home to eat lunch, so I may pop in then for a more lengthy post. I've been sick for a few days too, spent all day Sunday in bed D:.

I am so happy for you Desi.... I was worried that you were moving from Hag to even bigger Hag.. But yippie! I am so glad all is well! and that your enjoying your new job! Can not wait to hear all the details!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 11-03-09 07:03 AM
In response to LuvMyPoodles

Morning everyone!

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci
In response to LeeLo

morning all

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to BlingPrincessMarci

So I was watching checking out some of my favorite blogs yesterday and I saw this video on a really neat ribbon technique and thought you all would like to see it as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgT94EbGQtc&a mp;feature=...

I made one last night and it was so easy, though I didn't use enough ribbon and it was really small. I'm going to use them for Christmas cards.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to foltzy

Liz, thanks for sharing that! I'm putting that on my list of things to try and maybe I'll use it for some headbands or barrettes or even scrunchies.

smalltowngurrl
Idol
smalltowngurrl
In response to foltzy

Good Morning!!
I woke up this morning witha headache and kind of a bad mood. Not sure why. I even went to bed early. I just took some tylenol hoping that will help. Right now it is super quiet in my building but I hear that the movers will be here at 9, I can only imagine my quiet time will be over then.

Desi-I am so glad you like your new job!! I too can't wait to hear about it!!

Hello to everyone else!!

Liz-Thanks for the link. I will check it out tonight. I can't go to youtube here.

Clara-Happy purging and organizing!!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 11-03-09 09:00 AM
In response to smalltowngurrl

Sorry you've got a headache Desi. I get those frequently & they are NO fun. They're draining.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to LeeLo

I just finished the fiddly, pain in the butt, complicated parts of my 50 Christmas cards! Everything else is simple from here on out!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

wooo hooo Liz

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:

OMG - I was cracking up! That is definitely the kind of laugh I needed today!

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to Cracrop

what's for lunch?

hamburger here. I know I shouldn't, but I just couldn't resist.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to TripletMother

Sorry not been around today girls. I haven't been feelign well today. Stayed home - well kinda. Got up, got ready, got kids ready, Shane left iwth them, I dropped off Payton, went to get gas and while pumping the gas, I started getting sick - literally all over the parking lot.

Came back home, cleaned up, put on my comfy clothes and done some work from home. Going to rest for a bit!

LuvMyPoodles
Idol
LuvMyPoodles

Sleep well heather no to many days that your going to get the chance to do so...

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 11-03-09 10:00 AM

Sorry you're sick Heather! I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Yay for getting the complicated parts of your Christmas cards out of the way Liz!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to LeeLo

Now I just need to figure out the actual card that the design goes on, figure out the message, throw them together, address them and send them. And if I can figure out what color cardstock I want and print out the message I'm using, I can throw them all together at the various shows I'm at this month if my sales suck.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop

Wooooooohohoooooo! Liz!

Liz F, thanks for sharing, will have to check it out at home.
for sick/not feeling well/headache

Lunch meeting is over, now to work on some calls. I'm like Desi, I dont like calls.

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci
In response to Cracrop

feel better heather

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Just woke up from 2 hour nap! Thanks Jennie for demanding that I take one!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Good for Jennie for smacking your hand and sending you to bed! I hope you feel better soon!

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to BlingQueenRia

I so need a nap right now, I hope I wake up before getting home. There are two more boxes waiting for me.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

Hi ladies

I'm home, and yes, with the organizing bug full swing. But, ds forgot to mention that he has a concert tonight. Now everyone is rushing to do everything before we have to leave.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to Cracrop

Hi everyone in VCW land. Shane called and is working late. Since not feeling well and no help with kids, I decided to fix them quesadillas instead of the pork chops I laid out. THey are eating them with carrots and ranch dressing and doing great! Easy meal!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 11-03-09 04:26 PM

Fixing supper here...I'm feeling kinda weird/blah this week. I guess I'm just ine one of those moods!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to Cracrop

• Cracrop Said:
Oh, and purging is good, it gave me a super cool feeling

I LOVE that feeling!!

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to leebla

Awwwww, it was beautiful!!!!! I'm a proud mom.

smalltowngurrl
Idol
smalltowngurrl
In response to leebla

I just got home. I had to take my wedding ring in for it's 6 month check up. (that sounds silly) I love going in there. They have so many pretty things to see. Of course I just looked....I don't want my dh to kill me.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop

Heather, how are you feeling? and quesadillas, yummy

Leah hope you feel better soon.

Elizabeth, yeah, loved it. And I know I have more to do, it is so liberating. Next I'm going to tackle the "junk" drawer.

Debbie, ohhhhh, I would be in trouble there too.

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci
In response to Cracrop

*WAVE*

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop

Time to go to bed, good night ladies

Happy scrappy dreams!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to Cracrop

Just popping in to say hi!
Must get to bed.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• TripletMother Said:
Hi everyone in VCW land. Shane called and is working late. Since not feeling well and no help with kids, I decided to fix them quesadillas instead of the pork chops I laid out. THey are eating them with carrots and ranch dressing and doing great! Easy meal!

We usually do those for lunch because they take NO time to cook. Sometimes we do it for dinner, too. Usually it's part of a huge Mexican feast on Cinco de Mayo. We did have them Halloween night so the kids could eat and get to trick-or-treating quicker...Lizzie and Jory LOVE them. Lizzie will announce, "I hafta eat my Mexican food 'cuz I'm Mexican, right Momma?"

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to BlingQueenRia

My baby will be 18 tomorrow. I'm kind of weepy about this.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to NMlady

I have black stickles drying on her card.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to NMlady

Hi Dawn, bye Dawn

Joy I could only imagine a tiny bit of what you must be going thru. More for ya.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

Good morning

Easy ride to work! I would appreciate this day flying by, I want to go back home and tackle the boxes. Oh, and I figure out what I'm going to do with the papers, instead of shredding them I'm going to make paper mache.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to NMlady

Good morning ladies, just popping in again. I meant to catch up with y'all yesterday, but I had to work on my research paper, it's due for a review today. I'll try to get on here when I get home from work.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006
In response to DesiLee

Heeeeellllllloooooo ladies!!!!

I know I have been MIA but WOW has life been kicking me in the tail lately....and there is no end in sight. I am looking for a minute to breathe.

Why is it that when you are gone the biggest projects show up at work, all at once? I have been so swamped by catching up at work and go-go-go at home that I havven't had time to jump in here. Things are still really busy at home with all things scouts and school and getting ready for the holiday but work is calming down a bit. Mom is doing better and continues her physical therapy. She has gone into her office for a few hours this week and dad bought her a laptop so she can try to work from home some.

Sorry this is so long. I have missed you all!!!

LuvMyPoodles
Idol
LuvMyPoodles
In response to DesiLee

Just thougth I would stop by and say hello... I am so tired lately its not even funny.... The new people I work with are starting to come around I got asked to complete 2 task yesterday... and I even got a few hello's in the hallway! it was nice! Anyway... I am not really sure what I am going to do today but... Hopefully someone has something they neeeeed me to to do! PRAYER SOMEONE NEEDS ME....

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to LuvMyPoodles

Hi Jennie, hi Casie

That's good Jennie, glad to hear that mom is doing better. Good idea to get the lappy.

Casie, @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@ some energy going your way.

Does anyone know how long do I have to leave the paper in the water for it to become like a gulp?

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006
In response to Cracrop

Hi cacie...what kind of work do you do?

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to Cracrop

Well we were suppose to go do our second walk through today for the house. But our new Realtor called and her daughter has a temp of 102 and she doesn't want to get anyone sick in case it's contagious. So re rescheduled for tomorrow morning.

Had a class last night to go to for being home buyers (Brian and I decided to do them since we have never bought a house before), we've learned a lot and only 2 more classes to go.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to Scrap Happy 2006

Morning ladies! Home AGAIN today. I feel better but company sent out a memo a few weeks ago telling us that if we ran a fever, we had to be fever free for 24 hours before returning. Boss told me to work from home today so that is what I am doing.

Actually, right now I am scrapping and will work later!!

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

Liz....I have been away and missed the news about the house. You are buying one....thats awesome! Tell me all about it!

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

Heather....hope you "feel" better soon. Enjoy your metal health day!!!

Clara...more purging/organization mojo going your way!!!!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

We found a really nice house it's 4 beds, 1.5 baths, and it's almost 2,000 square feet (way more than I really need) and a lot of yard for the kids to run around in (Way more than we need), it's a foreclosure so it's a really good price and we really like it.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006
In response to foltzy

Oh Liz...that is awesome!!!!! I am soooo excited for you!

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

So you have another room to fill up?!?!?!? hehe

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

There is a living room, a kitchen and dinning room and an extra room downstairs (The extra room is prefect for the kid's play room) and the extra bed room is perfect for my scrap room.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop

Oy, internet acting wonky, not good.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to Cracrop

Hi everyone!

I am glad you are feeling better Heather!

I made a HUGE life decision this morning....I have decided to go back to school! I finished my LPN last December and I have decided to go back for my RN. I am scared to death but know this is something I need and want to do. I will start back in January. I will either have 2 or 3 semesters to do.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop

Oh, yeah, postpone the walk, dont want to get sick. And the 24 hour rule, should be mandatory in every company.

Thanks Jennie, for mojo

Kelly, wow, I admire your decision and 2-3 semesters not bad.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006
In response to Cracrop

Yeah Kelly...it seems like just yesterday you were finishing your LPN and ready to take a break!!!Time flies!!!

smalltowngurrl
Idol
smalltowngurrl

Morning Ladies!!
Well it's Wednesday, are half way there. Last night I made dinner late so dh and I could eat together at 8:45. It was fun. He was really happy because on the nights he works he just eats whatever. I also worked on my 2 page lo that I was working on this weekend. I stickled it and now it's drying. It is still really quiet in my building. I really like it. It's like a mini vacation that I get paid for. I hope everyone has a great day!!

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

I have enjoyed my break A LOT, lol

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Does anyone know of a recipe for pork chops in the crock pot, maybe iwth rice?

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to foltzy

last load of clothes are in the dryer! WOOHOO!

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

i did barbecue pork chops in the oven last night
havent ever made them in the crock pot

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

How about potatoes,carrots and porkchops?

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to NMlady

Put the carrots and potatoes in cover with cream of mushroom soup mixed with can of milk and put pork chops on top of that.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• Scrap Happy 2006 Said:
i did barbecue pork chops in the oven last night
havent ever made them in the crock pot

That is what I normally do. Put bbq sauce on and then broil them.

Just wanted something different tonight.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
Put the carrots and potatoes in cover with cream of mushroom soup mixed with can of milk and put pork chops on top of that.

funny you mention that. I just went upstairs to see if I had any cream of mushroom soup and I am out.

Thinking i may put them in bread crumbs tonight adn bake them.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

My house is clean at the moment. Doing laundry as well.

Got a knock on my door today and it was the gift we ordered for Brian's grandma from Disney. Long story short, we were suppose to buy it, person forgot to ring it up, we found out when we got home, called and they shipped us 2 (I decided I wanted one), they charged us the "special" price, no sales tax, and no shipping fees. Go Disney.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to foltzy

For Heather

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Po rk-Chops-II/...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Po rk-Chops-and...

I use recipes as jumping off points and kind of just use what I have around or take out stuff I know my family doesn't like.

Here's one I want to add, even though you said you were looking for something different but just in case.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-BB Q-Pork-Chops...

Edited by foltzy on 11-04-09 11:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to foltzy

Thanks Liz! I will check these out!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

just ran upstairs and threw the pork chops in the crock pot. Instead of BBQ sauce, i threw some maui sweet and sour sauce on them. We use this a lot when we grill pork chops so going to try it this way tonight!

Will make some homemade scalloped potatoes, a green veggie and some biscuits and dinner will be served.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop

Now you are making me hungry!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Heather I have never made pork chops in the crock pot...I usually rub EVOO and poultry seasonings in to them and throw them on the George Foreman Skillet Grill. I serve with Lizzie's "mashin' tatoes" and Jory's green beans.

Tomorrow night we're having baked cod with rice pilaf, green beans, and asparagus. I went to the store today so I could play all day tomorrow and Friday. Friday's pizza night is going to be different. I got a couple of loaves of French bread and we're going to try making French bread pizza. We'll see how it turns out!

smalltowngurrl
Idol
smalltowngurrl
In response to foltzy

• foltzy Said:
For Heather

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Po rk-Chops-II/...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Po rk-Chops-and...

I use recipes as jumping off points and kind of just use what I have around or take out stuff I know my family doesn't like.

Here's one I want to add, even though you said you were looking for something different but just in case.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-BB Q-Pork-Chops...

Hey Liz,
Thanks for these too I just emailed them home I can't wait to try them!!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan

I am home - 33 mins ago. I like taking training - change of scenery and usually a shorter day. But it is difficult to just sit there for 3 days.

I finally pulled out the instructions and programmed my thermostat. It was set a little cooler and at the wrong times for me. I leave by 7:15 in the morning so I will have the temperature go down until about 30 mins before I get home.

Also worked on my scrap room - making a little progress. Holy c**p I have a lot of stuff. Just getting to all of it now. I have a full room for it and no where to put it. YIKES.

I haven't done any volunteering this week - I still have a cold. My shift was supposed to be last night but since I blew my nose non stop yesterday, I thought it best to not show up in a crowd where folks are waiting for a flu vaccine.

smalltowngurrl
Idol
smalltowngurrl

• corrie fan Said:
I am home - 33 mins ago. I like taking training - change of scenery and usually a shorter day. But it is difficult to just sit there for 3 days.

I finally pulled out the instructions and programmed my thermostat. It was set a little cooler and at the wrong times for me. I leave by 7:15 in the morning so I will have the temperature go down until about 30 mins before I get home.

Also worked on my scrap room - making a little progress. Holy c**p I have a lot of stuff. Just getting to all of it now. I have a full room for it and no where to put it. YIKES.
I haven't done any volunteering this week - I still have a cold. My shift was supposed to be last night but since I blew my nose non stop yesterday, I thought it best to not show up in a crowd where folks are waiting for a flu vaccine.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan

I thought you'd like that.

I still have to buy some more storage furniture.

Ooo, furnace kicked in - it comes on early to be at the correct temp. at 4:30 since I arrive at about a quarter to five.

Tonight I am going to an open house for a cute boutique that sells pastries, chutneys, bread, coffee, kitchen serving items (napkins, cheese slicers, etc) and jewelry. Apparently they paint the place and deck the halls for the season. They'll have nibbles and wine so why not.

smalltowngurrl
Idol
smalltowngurrl

That sounds like fun!! I am going to go home and make tacos!!

smalltowngurrl
Idol
smalltowngurrl

My blackberry is freaking out!!

smalltowngurrl
Idol
smalltowngurrl

Ok I think I fixed it. All is well!!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Afternoon ladies. Sorry I haven't been around much. My back has been hurting for 3 weeks...it's a little better than it was. I can sit without being in severe pain now. Went to the doctor, again, today because now I have a sinus infection.

Ohhh...there's a bunny on our patio!!! It's cute.

smalltowngurrl
Idol
smalltowngurrl
In response to Scrapnut16

Work is making me crazy today!! It's one forest fire after the other.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop

• corrie fan Said:

Woohohohohooo! Good for you! hope you feel better soon.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Scrapnut16

• Scrapnut16 Said:
Afternoon ladies. Sorry I haven't been around much. My back has been hurting for 3 weeks...it's a little better than it was. I can sit without being in severe pain now. Went to the doctor, again, today because now I have a sinus infection.

Ohhh...there's a bunny on our patio!!! It's cute.

Ouch, hope it heals fast. My brother has back pain often, and it can get ugly, sometimes he cant even drive.

Glad to "see" you around. Awwww bunny

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

Debbie

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

Hi ladies

One more box done! No mojo for more boxes tonight, going to watch the game.

Got my dec issue of CK and SBetc, good companions for the game.

Page 3 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics