Username Post: Scrapping supplies for kids        (Topic#1520797)
Tenant

HI- I am currently teaching my niece (9) and my daughter (7) to scrapbbok. They have both asked for their own "stuff" for christmas. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should give them? Thankyou!!!!

hbodley17
Expert
hbodley17
In response to jcs0730

When I first started out my mom bought me a kit from walmart...it has like all the basics to get started. I think they sell it at M's too.

kariyava
Guru
kariyava
In response to jcs0730

How about kits? That way, they'll have coordinating papers and stickers and embellies. There are so many cute girly ones here to choose from!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to kariyava

A Rubbermaid container that fits under the bed, filled with some basics (paper, adhesive, scissors, trimmer).

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1
In response to Bxr-Linda

Don't forget tools! Of course they can use yours but not all three of you at the same time can use a trimmer... the rubbermaid container that fits under the bed is a great idea! Start them out organized.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to sweet1

When My daughter wanted to start scapping I got her A fiskars trimmer with the 40% at JoAnns. Also a 3 drawer 12X12 Plastic storage for her Paper from WM for 9.99 and some 12 X 12 color paper and I let her choose her PP about 20 sheets to start, I got her a pack of adhesives and lots of stickers and a 12x12 album. She loved it and now she uses some of her allowance to get more scrap goodies. I let her use my tools and my Cricut. She also started to stamp and make cards, so little by little she gets stamps for a dollar at M's. She is happy with what she has right now. I'm happy I get to spend time crafing with her.

SheCre8s
Expert
SheCre8s
In response to armygirl

Walmart has kits that include everthing you "need" to get started for around $20 usually included glue stick scissors pp stickers andan album. I am sure that would make a girl that age very happy

Crankylady
Veteran
Crankylady
In response to jcs0730

Do you have Big lots near you? They have kits there, good prices. My grandkids love to scrap, I copy a lot of my stickers for them onto cardstock and cut around them. I do this stuff while I am waiting, like at the drs office or waiting to pick someone up.I don't copy the cheap ones, just some of the more expensive ones and they can add glitter to them themselves.

anthonysgirl
Governor
anthonysgirl
In response to Crankylady

I would say a paper trimmer or scissors, maybe a kit or a dcwv stack (they are always on sale at J's), adhesive (i like the ad tech tape runner from walmart and it's a GREAT price), and then for fun stuff I would say glitter glue, stickers, and flowers!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to anthonysgirl

I agree that a kit is a great start, but I found most kits to be pretty elementary (which is the idea, I guess) with no trimmer, glue sticks which dont stick too well, and decorative scissors no one ever uses, lol,,,,,

so I got my grandson a reasonably priced trimmer, a pair of decent scissors, some good adhesive, a pack of multicolored 12x12 paper, some pp that I knew he wanted, some stickers and embellies, and a 12x12 scrapbook,,,

Frankly, using coupons and sale items, the cost wasn't much more than the kit.He has enjoyed it, and this year for the holidays, I got the boy the Making Memories trimmer, because,,,,,eyeroll, he notices the difference between his trimmer and mine. He's addicted. He WANTS a cricut next. LOL. I think we created a monster.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to CommaHolly

too funny. i had bought my daughter an arts kit for christmas, but now i think i am going to have to create a scrapbook kit for her because she likes it so much!

Crankylady
Veteran
Crankylady
In response to flutterbye0419

And you know, tape runners, decorative scissors, all those type things would make great stocking stuffers for a scrapper! You could pick them up on sale all year long and save them!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Crankylady

great tip about shopping all year long. this is my new years resolution... to shop all year long so i don't have to be in the rush come november/december next year.

Crankylady
Veteran
Crankylady
In response to flutterbye0419

Yes, and you know places like Michael's has those $1 bins, you don't miss a dollar here and there. You could also put those things back and put them in a box with that crinkled paper hanging out and wrap with clear wrap, that would be cute! My grandkids keep their stuff at my house in a large backpack, their stepmom doesn't scrap and their little brother gets into everything at their house. And that has worked out nice.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics