Page 5 of 20 
Username Post: ~~**Old Progressive HQ~~~~        (Topic#1521093)
Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Christine0106

And a happy Monday Night Football to all.

This is the week to get your progressive dancing shoes ready.

I'm about to send out an email reminder, but as a general reminder you get points for friend sign-ups.

Also this bingo is all about the handmade. In fact, I'm hoping that some of the best handmades can be added to the front page on the list of tutorials. Sometimes seeing a picture of a pretty one can be inspiration to try a new technique. I'm also thinking of bonus points related to completing a "black-out" bingo which means complete each and every space on the bingo card.

Last thought: what is the best time for most on Saturday to start?

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to Ms.Schwiet

I'm doing a cancer walk on Saturday so won't be around until dinner time, so I'll be playing catch up anyway.

Hmmm, maybe this is what I need to get my mojo going.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

Ugggh tell me about MOJO. It seems the only time I scrap a layout anymore is during this challenge. I may play around making embellies, but that is it the rest of the month.

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot

personally for me the later in the day the better. we are going apple picking with church in the afternoon. I will pop in when I get a chace to play catch up though. Looking forward to another round.. and that flower is gorgeous!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to BJscrapsalot

SATURDAY is my BIRTHDAY!!! So I am not sure if I will be playing along or not

PDRNC
PDRNC 
Idol
PDRNC
  • PDRNC on 09-20-10 05:24 PM
In response to Megan Ann

Happy Birthday Megan!

I'm working Saturday. My son has a baseball game on Sunday at 11:30. I'll be playing catch-up too.

Edited by PDRNC on 09-20-10 05:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MommyMarci
Queen
MommyMarci
In response to PDRNC

My boys football games are all spread out on Saturday...I'm probably only home for any length of time from 3 PM Eastern time until 6ish. So odds are I'll be playing catch up as well. Sunday isn't looking any better for me, though. I am looking forward to the Bingo though!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to MommyMarci

I'm probably going to be gone the entire day on Saturday, so no votes from me on that one. I'm really hoping to do everything else, though.

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106
In response to justowen

any time is fine with me--saturday night taking my mom and son out for their birthday dinner--but i can always catch up where ever you guys are!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Wow we are some busy folks

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106

lol--ladies on the move!!

actualy thursda the 23 is my sons b-day--but not till officially--7:15pm---so-- i have to give him his birthday minute call--and ==back to scrap--LOL

my moms b-day is the 30th-----so thats why we are going out on sat night--take care of them both at the same time!!

this will be the first time in a long time my mom got to go "out" for her b-day--as she couldnt really leave as she was taking care of my dad.--or should i say she wouldnt leave--thats more like it.

so i hope she has a fun time--sure she will

ok--thats enough of my diary entry for tonight--LOL

justowen
Governor
justowen

Good Morning.

paper_obsessed
Veteran
paper_obsessed
In response to justowen

I'll be here this weekend any time works for me! We are moving next month, so this will be my last scrappy weekend since all of my stuff is going to be packed up

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to paper_obsessed

Christine it must be nice to deal with two b-days at once.

Jenn you need to blow out some hard core scrapping this month so you don't have withdraws too bad while your stuffs in solitary confinement.

I'm about to load bingo. I'll be back not so soon with the link. I have a bigger card than usual and most of the spots need an explanation.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

And here it... ready to play

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/18/ti...

justowen
Governor
justowen

I'm probably not going to be around this weekend. DS1 is in the hospital with pneumonia and dh just called and said they are still fighting the fever this morning, so I think we may be there for longer than they thought when they admitted him yesterday. Any prayers or positive thoughts would be appreciated.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to justowen

Jenny positive thoughts are being sent your way. Keep us updated

MommyMarci
Queen
MommyMarci

Prayers going up Jenny!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Okay we'll start Saturday at noon eastern of 9 sb.com time.

Ugggh my son just got signed up late for baseball and the game starts at noon. Would it be too impossible to start this really late like 4 eastern or 1 sb.com

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 09-24-10 05:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

paper_obsessed
Veteran
paper_obsessed

Ugh. I got drafted to "volunteer" for the enlisted spouse club on saturday! A wonderful 9 am to 7 pm. So, no scrapbooking for me on Saturday. (sad day) We are having a big air show on the base and they need help so I have to go do that. I'll just have to catch up Saturday night or Sunday!

paper_obsessed
Veteran
paper_obsessed

• Ms.Schwiet Said:
Jenn you need to blow out some hard core scrapping this month so you don't have withdraws too bad while your stuffs in solitary confinement.

I know! I wont be able to scrap for a while when we do get to our house, because I wont have a table. I've been using our dinning room table for a year, and I (finally!) get my own scrapbook room :). We need things that are more important then a table, so it may be a while before I can scrapbook again!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Wow Jenn I knew you were close to get married but I see from your siggy you made it official last month. CONGRATS

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

• paper_obsessed Said:
  • Ms.Schwiet Said:

I know! I wont be able to scrap for a while when we do get to our house, because I wont have a table. I've been using our dinning room table for a year, and I (finally!) get my own scrapbook room :). We need things that are more important then a table, so it may be a while before I can scrapbook again!

I can't see a little thing like having no table stop you. I scrap on a tray so I can move to where ever the action is.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

NOTE the time change...I noticed little chatter her and thought it may be cool.
  • Ms.Schwiet Said:
Okay we'll start Saturday at noon eastern of 9 sb.com time.

Ugggh my son just got signed up late for baseball and the game starts at noon. Would it be too impossible to start this really late like 4 eastern or 1 sb.com

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot

just want to verify the time.... is that noon eastern?? thought maybe you were wanting to change it cause it looks like it is crossed out. If it is at noon, I definitely wont be here. Will try to catch up in the evening. Have fun!!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to BJscrapsalot

Yeah I did change the time....my son has a baseball game at noon, so we'll push for 4

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to zrock

Saturday;s progressive

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to justowen

• justowen Said:
I'm probably not going to be around this weekend. DS1 is in the hospital with pneumonia and dh just called and said they are still fighting the fever this morning, so I think we may be there for longer than they thought when they admitted him yesterday. Any prayers or positive thoughts would be appreciated.

Jenny, hugs to your ds! I hope he's doing better.

MommyMarci
Queen
MommyMarci
In response to provinca

Jenny, hope your boy is on the mend!!

justowen
Governor
justowen

Thanks everyone. He spent 2 nights in the hospital and was released this morning...with lots of meds and instructions and an appt at 9am on Monday. Hopefully Monday will be the next time we are at the hospital!

I would try to play along this afternoon, but I'm totally brain dead right now...days and days of stress and then a couple of straight nights of very little sleep. I might try to play some catch up tomorrow (if all goes well here) and try to do tomorrow's progressive live!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to justowen

Glad to hear he's home. get some rest and we'll see you tomorrow if you feel up to it

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Next month will be our Halloween round!!! The stories should come easy. First, Bingo will be on the 28 and two progressives one on the 30th and one on the 31st. I assume as long as we start BINGO early enough on Halloween we should be okay.

Now I must do a little recruiting.

One I need suggestions for BINGO. I think the handmade version like we did this time helps for the progressive challenge itself, but other ideas are welcome. Or even suggestions for squares.

Two I'd love to find individuals to host the challenge. I'll be about 2 weeks from having the baby and I want to make sure someone's around to host in case he comes early and I'm stuck in the hospital.

And three would anyone be willing to part in October's prize patrol? Anyone with extra goodies in their stash they can part with as a RAK? Anyone that doesn't mind going to the store and buying a few extras?

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

I always buy a few extras when I see a good deal, so I can definitely do prize patrol for September or October.

I am hesitant to offer to host b/c I am going to be hosting my fist site-wide online crop that potentially could have ab0out 500 participants for CC. SO I know I will be planning and preparing the weekend before, which is Halloween weekend. (Feel free to join us @ cropchocolate.com for the online crop on Nov. 5th and 6th. There will be lots of fun challenges and PRIZES!!!)

I will think about what I would like for the bingo. I might be able to host that if you'd like b/c it is not at a certain time.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

that sounds like fun.... I love on-line crops so i hope i can do it.

I'll defiantly take your help with the prize patrol and if you want to put the bingo card together feel free!

thanks

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

It's late 'cause I spent the evening at the ball field, so I'll get caught up later with the points and polls

provinca
Governor
provinca

Sorry, I didn't get to any of this this weekend! It was just non-stop around here. I'll be sure to catch it next time!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to provinca

I can be part of the prize patrol, too! I don't know if I'll be able to participate that weekend, because it's dd's bday, a marching band competition and Halloween, but if I can squeeze in some scrapping time, I'll definitely participate!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

updating the front page and the points
  • Ms.Schwiet Said:
Youvegotmel- random winner
Iheartaslan – 1st 180 points
Christine – 2nd 150 points
MommyMarci- 3rd 135 points
PDRNC -4th – 125 points

iheartaslan
35 bingo layouts
25 won PM vote BINGO
50 points SAT
5 3rd done SAT
50 points SUN
15 PMed votes
180 total

Christine0106
25 points BINGO layout
25 won poll BINGO
25 won poll SAT
25 won PM vote SAT
50 points SAT
150 total

MommyMarci
50 points SAT
15 1st done on SAT
50 points SUN
5 buddy (LaLa618)signed up
15 PMed votes
135 total

PDRNC
50 points SAT
50 points SUN
10 2nd done on SUN
15 PMed votes
125 total

Amarilys
50 points SAT
50 points SUN
100 total

MommaSaid
50 points SAT
50 points SUN
100 total

LaLa618
50 points SUN
25 won PM vote SUN
75 total

Deb-doodle
50 points SUN
15 PMed votes
65 total

Mjmone
50 points SAT
10 2nd done on SAT
60 total

BJscrapsalot
50 points SAT

JustOwen
50 points SUN

Provinca
50 points SAT
50 points SUN
5 3rd done SUN
15 PMed votes
120 total

Youvegotmel
50 points SUN
25 won poll SUN
15 1st done on SUN
15 PMed votes
105 total

August's Layouts

1 Christine0106
25 points
bingo challenge~progressive By Christine0106

2 Iheartaslan
25 points:
who i am... By Iheartaslan

3 10 points plus 25
35 total
Halloween 2007 By Iheartaslan

FIRST place:

50 Points plus
15 first done
65 total

4 webcam fun By MommyMarci

Second place
10 points plus
50 points
60 total
5 Sat progressive challenge By Mjmone

Third
5 points plus
50 points
5 total
6 OHS '03 By Iheartaslan

50 points
7 kayaking with you By Amarilys

50 points
8 Love By MommaSaid

50 points
9 Sweet Baby Girl By Christine0106

50 points
10 timeless By BJscrapsalot

50 points
11 CKC Manchester By Provinca

50 points
12 my little fishy By PDRNC
Layouts

First
15 points plus
50 points
65 total
13 I Heart My Goddaughter By Youvegotmel

Second
10 points plus
50 points
60 points
14 crazy boys By PDRNC

Third
5 points plus
50 points
55 total
15 Friends - Semi By Provinca

50 points
16 one year anniversary By Amarilys

50 points
17 2nd Grade By Justowen

50 points
18 A Day at the Beach By MommyMarci

50 points
19 forever By LaLa618

50 points
20 Tree of life By Deb-doodle

50 points
21 August 8, 2010: thinking traps By Iheartaslan

50 points
22 The Nightly Call By MommaSaid

Just for sharing
Go Granny Go By Ms.Schwiet

Mr. Cool By Ms.Schwiet

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Just a note about Sept's bingo

Since so many were unique and a few were double I didn't feel that a poll would be quite right with some being a head to head battle. To be fair I'm giving 5 points to everyone that tried.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

• Ms.Schwiet Said:
Completed Pages:

65 points
WiTch By MeganAnn Iheartaslan

60 points
25 won poll SAT

Yum By 2girls2dogs

55 points
Yumi for NFL progressive challenge By Mjmone

65 points
25 won poll SUN

ily By MeganAnn Iheartaslan

60 points
eggs By MommyMarci

55 points
for Sunday Progressive By Mjmone

Totally do not want to step on your toes, but I don't think I won SUN poll, if that means the poll all of sb.com voted on cause I only got 3 votes and MommyMarcie got like 21! But I did win SAT poll that all of sb.com got to vote on by like 1 vote. I hope I'm reading this correctly--I just don't want to take points I'm have not earned

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex
In response to Megan Ann

Shameless plug
50 Cards in 50 Days Challenge

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

Yikes my bad thanks for the honesty and clarification. Sorry this has taken me so long to wrap up. I've been quite the busy beaver

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Front page and points updted.

plus two more flower tuts

MommyMarci
Queen
MommyMarci

Is there a mini for this weekend? I'm kinda-sorta having scrap withdrawals and looking for motivation.

provinca
Governor
provinca

Is it this weekend or next????

MommyMarci
Queen
MommyMarci
In response to provinca

Ohhh, I bet you are right, it is NEXT weekend. I saw the title about "Sept 23" and was thinking "Oct 23" which is tomorrow. Duh.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Opps I didn't adjust the date....it's next weekend... I know it'll be a challenge with Halloween plans... so we'll make it a laid back challenge weekend....just a for fun round...hope you all can make it

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106

i came to say i couldnt play this round--but then saw your comment about laid back--now i am the queen of laid back--lol

actually--not only halloween--but saturday is my granddaughters b-day party--then hubby and i have a monster smash to go to that night

been out of town the past 2 weekends---so-i am very much planning on being laid back! i will check in--and ya know me--even if i dont get to do the challenge--i can cheer everyone else on!!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

Ladies!!! If you are online NOW (it is around 1:23 pm EST) or in the next hour or so go to this site RIGHT NOW !!! Please, just humor me! It is scrapbook related! It is a huge project I have been working on and I would love it if some of my sb.com friends could support me! Thanks girls!

iuplori
Guru
iuplori
In response to Megan Ann

What time on Thursday?

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to iuplori

Megan sure wish I could have made it there to support you. As far as time or times. I'll double check with Megan about if she plans on posting the Bingo round. That starts whenever she posts it until Sunday. I'll be back when I find my thumb drive to tell you when we'll start Saturday. My son has a baseball game so I'll have to plan around it. I canceled the hay ride and party on Sunday due to my son's misbehavior at school this means my Sunday-Halloween- is clear. Hubby and I are finally using our Outback gifts cards for a unique Halloween night out and my son's dad gets the chore of taking him trick or treating.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Saturday will be an early day. Since it's an afternoon baseball game. We'll start at 9 AM Eastern which means 6 AM sb.com time.

We could do an evening round and start at 6 PM Eastern or 3 PM sb.com.

Shoot I'm so inclined to do a double header. Since the only time I scrap is for this challenge I sure would not object.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

• Ms.Schwiet Said:
Megan sure wish I could have made it there to support you.

It is NOT TOO LATE! The real supporting did not need to happen today--just the announcement of my project was today, you can see the announcement here: https://cropchocolate.com/box_of_chocolates#thr ead_expa... (just click on the +) The real days I would love some support are Nov 6-7, 2010!!!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

• Ms.Schwiet Said:
Saturday will be an early day. Since it's an afternoon baseball game. We'll start at 9 AM Eastern which means 6 AM sb.com time.

We could do an evening round and start at 6 PM Eastern or 3 PM sb.com.

Shoot I'm so inclined to do a double header. Since the only time I scrap is for this challenge I sure would not object.

I would LOVE a double header, not sure if I can participate though and I know I will not be able to do the night one b/c I am going to a Sexy Halloween Costume party

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

• Ms.Schwiet Said:
As far as time or times. I'll double check with Megan about if she plans on posting the Bingo round. That starts whenever she posts it until Sunday.

I do plan on posting the bingo round--I could post it as early as midnight-ish EST!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-27-10 06:32 PM
In response to Megan Ann

why does this always happen? I was just getting excited that I could finally participate and I realized that I will be cropping with my local group on Sunday.. maybe

But wait... I have a question... if you are doing a double header can I participate in just the second part?

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to zrock

Here is Thursday BINGO Challenge Link: http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15457... I will post the BINGO Card at midnight!

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to Megan Ann

Hi Mary! Nice to see you here! You can do as little or as much of the weekend "stuff" as you want. The bingo game is posted now, and you can work on that all the way through Sunday. The Saturday game is also open for 24 hours after the first person posts their LO; as is the Sunday one. Of course, it's more fun if you do them "live" as they're happening, but if you can't you just go in and do it when you can. No pressure to get all of it done. It's just a great way to get LOs done and have some laughs along the way.

I hope you can find some time to join in this weekend!!!

iuplori
Guru
iuplori
In response to provinca

I'm hoping to be able to participate this time around. I think these are just so much fun!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to iuplori

Sorry ladies I can't make any promises on nuttin this weekend.

GUESS who came and changed all my plans!!!

Check out the pictures I posted in my gallery.

MommyMarci
Queen
MommyMarci

Oh, Stacey, congratulations, he is adorable!!! Don't even *think* about doing the challenge this month, enjoy your babymoon!!!

provinca
Governor
provinca

Stacey, he's just so adorable and precious. I love the pick of your older ds asleep on your lap with the baby! He's going to be a great big brother!

I second Marci -- don't even think about this month's progressive. We can all keep busy with Megan's awesome bingo card. I actually have plans to make a LO in EVERY direction!!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to provinca

OMG!!! CONGRATS STACEY!!!!! ENJOY these first days at home with the baby!!! What wonderful news! I LOVE IT! He is soooooo adorable! CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

P.S. I am swamped with school work--and would not have been able to participate in the progressive this morning or tomorrow and the evening Sat progressive was out for me b/c of a Halloween party I committed to attending! You should be enjoying that baby!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

Morning ladies. Just had a morning baby session and he is back to bed. I'm going to follow your suggestion and spend the day taking those baby pictures you can only get away with while they are little and foldable.

We'll catch up next month. Remember that'll be Thanksgiving weekend and we'd get away with a Friday progressive as well as Saturday and Sunday.

In the mean time focus on Megan's bingo card.

iuplori
Guru
iuplori

Enjoy your morning with your soft baby!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to iuplori

emmmmmm.... I can't wait to do a progressive. Take one month off and I'm craving the challenge. Wonder if we could organize a progressive marathon? One person would start one in the AM and three hours later another person would run one, so on and so forth and everyone just jump in where you want. I think this would be a fun way to do our January edition.

provinca
Governor
provinca

Stacey, I think you're on to something here. That sounds like fun.

I had an idea for a mini progressive, too. I've joined an ATC site and every so often they have "a-thons" for the weekend. they're anything from "sticker-a-thon", "catch-up-a-thon", "chunky-a-thon", etc. and I thought we could do something similar. It's a bit like the mini bingo, but instead of the bingo card, we come up with the 7 elements of the LO and see who can come up with as many LOs as possible that weekend that have all the elements on it. It's like having the directions for the progressive in advance.

Just a thought . . .

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

Sounds easy too

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

I guess I need to collect elements for our ????-a-thon. What do we want to call it and focus on.

Also what do you all think of a special "stocking stuffer" progressive to start Weds of Thanksgiving and to go for one week. The trick is everyone that plays will post a picture they want to scrap but the person that shows up next will actually use that picture and make a layout that would go with the picture. When they have finished the layout they will send it to the person it was meant for as a little Christmas gift.

Anyone interested???

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex

sounds fun stacey, I hope too get back to scrapping soon & this will be one way of getting the ball rolling for me

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to xAlysonex

we'll hold hands and support each other to get back in the swing of it

MommyMarci
Queen
MommyMarci

I personally wouldn't participate in the stocking stuffer idea but I LOVE the progressive marathon and "a-thon" mini ideas! I'd be happy to help with the marathon if you wind up doing it and need people!

Also, been meaning to offer, but please sign me up for prize patrol in some upcoming month!!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Very cool Marci! I will gladly sign you up to host and I'll add you on the prize patrol when we do a that progressive-athon.

If we do a stocking stuffer round, I'll make it so you can do the challenge without the give away.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Alright Anna do I have this theme thing right? We'll do a catch-up-athon. So now we need to sound off on what required elements MUST be on the page.

Since it's a catch-up-athon the pictures must be pictures you have deep in your stash. This should be pictures you developed forever ago that you have not developed.

Requirement one: old pictures
Requirement two: something hand-made
Requirement three:
Requirement four:
Requirement five:
Requirement six:
Requirement seven:

You can make as many pages as you would like but all the items we list MUST be on the page. I also need to put a point value on each layout made.

So everyone let me hear from you about what you would like required in the layouts for our catch-up-athon. I'd like to get one item from each potential player.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

I want misting!!! You can use pre-made mists or you can make your own--but in case that is unrealistic to expect everyone to have or make something like Glimmer Mist, then I would pick a MASK!!! (That way misting can be used to make the mask OR ink OR paint, etc.)

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

One of my favorite techniques Megan!!!

Requirement one: old pictures
Requirement two: something hand-made
Requirement three: Misting or mask
Requirement four:
Requirement five:
Requirement six:
Requirement seven:

This round I think is the one year aniversary to the challenge!!!!

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 11-20-10 04:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

You can make mist with a spray bottle and water. Here's a topic on making mists and suggests that add the "glimmer" to the mist

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15469...

provinca
Governor
provinca

Ugggh to the masking! that's my absolute least favorite thing to do -- perhaps because I haven't ever gotten it right! I don't own mists, so that takes care of me!

But my two cents would be more on the line of how we do it now so that, although we're "catching up", the pages all have thought behind them and aren't just put together with a picture and a sticker. So that we keep the same elements/steps that we normally do, but each LO has to have all the steps. KWIM? So, here's a thought:

1. Sketch or lift - has to be either one either one
2. Papers - choose either (1) 3 papers or (2) all scraps (since we're trying to "catch up and use stuff)
3. Techniques to papers - you have to do something -- anything to the paper; just can't leave it plain
4. Handmade something (anything);
5. Use something you've had in your stash for a long time. (gotta use up that old stuff so you an get new stuff while you're out Christmas/holiday shopping!)
6. Title
7. Journaling of some sort - either hidden or on the page, even if it's just a date or sticker/stamp with words - just so there are some words on it.

As for points, the point system you have for bingo is a good one - 25 for the first LO and then 10 points for each one thereafter. You could even add in a 5 point category -- LOs that are missing one or two of the steps????

Low key and not to strict with the guidelines so we can get pages done.

Just a thought . . .

Edited by provinca on 11-22-10 06:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

Got it! So here's what the list will be and I'll have you guys pick the title and journal/doodle step. Once that is decided we'll go ahead and get this part of the challenge started for those that get the week free for Thanksgiving.

2. Select your papers....50% of the papers must be scraps
3. Dress-up those papers...for example add a mask.
5. Use something you've had in your stash for a long time. (gotta use up that old stuff so you an get new stuff while you're out Christmas/holiday shopping!)

Okay now someone pick three things to do with the title part

A)DISTRESS in some way
B) you must include a subtitle
C) "bling it up" in some way
F) add ribbon to the title
G) Kissing: technique
H) Resist:
I) Glossy Accents: just add some glossy accents
J) Make the title sing...the title must be a song title ORRRRR Make it foreign
K) Quill your title
K)make it pop
M) Rainbow Title- You title must have 4 or more distinct colors (NOT 4 shades of blue)

And someone else pick three things to do with the journaling/doodling stage

STEP SEVEN-
A) add doodles to the page
B) journal around a picture or element on the page
C) at least two lines of journaling on the page or hidden on the page
D) journal on a tag and find a place (even tucked a little under something)
E) make a homemade tag using an iris fold and journal the back
F) doodle in this style found under this tutorial 07 June (http://bootscraps.blogspot.com/search/label/Tutorial s?max-results=20)
G) stitch a pattern on the page-
I) smudge up the layout- add some type of finger print art- stamp your finger print and add doodles to make art.

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 11-22-10 03:40 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to zrock

I'd like to do a round tomorrow at 10. Will anyone be around. I'll also jump start the catch-up-athon when the last categories are filled

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

A progressive round? I will check in around 10 am if I am up.

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to Megan Ann

I'm working tomorrow morning and have all my scrapping stuff boxed up since I'm hosting Thanksgiving dinner. I won't be taking it out until Friday morning!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

Well, Megan, if your awake ad we have some other folks around we'll play a round.

Anna I'll be looking for you on Friday.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

Hello! I'm thinking I'd like to play over the long weekend. I doubt I'll finish anything fast, but I do recall having fun a couple/few months ago with all the unexpected surprises.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Excellent! Not only are we doing the progressive but we have a little warm-up challenge that can be completed throughout the weekend. I'm still waiting on two more people to pick the directions for the last two step.

• Ms.Schwiet Said:
Got it! So here's what the list will be and I'll have you guys pick the title and journal/doodle step. Once that is decided we'll go ahead and get this part of the challenge started for those that get the week free for Thanksgiving.

Okay now someone pick three things to do with the title part

A)DISTRESS in some way
B) you must include a subtitle
C) "bling it up" in some way
F) add ribbon to the title
G) Kissing: technique
H) Resist:
I) Glossy Accents: just add some glossy accents
J) Make the title sing...the title must be a song title ORRRRR Make it foreign
K) Quill your title
K)make it pop
M) Rainbow Title- You title must have 4 or more distinct colors (NOT 4 shades of blue)

STEP SEVEN-
F) doodle in this style found under this tutorial 07 June (http://bootscraps.blogspot.com/search/label/Tutorial s?max-results=20)
I) smudge up the layout- add some type of finger print art- stamp your finger print and add doodles to make art.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

Evidently I'm feeling shy (as in convinced that I'm not really supposed to be one making suggestions) BUT...

Title:

b)subtitle
c)bling
i)Glossy Accents

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Here's the list...just need one more step filled out and we'll get started here.

6. Use any ONE or the three on the title:
b)subtitle
c)bling
i)Glossy Accents

STEP SEVEN-

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 11-24-10 06:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

justowen
Governor
justowen

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to justowen

Okay, that posted! I seem to be losing posts today. Our plans changed, so I'm actually going to be around for part of the weekend, so hopefully I can play along!

I have to do some cleaning today and, of course, some baking...oh, and move the furniture that I was painting out of the garage so the cars can go in there because they are predicting severe storms this afternoon/evening...sure we finally get rain when I'm trying to paint furniture.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to justowen

LOL it's like a sure way to make rain is wash the car... in your case paint the furniture.

I just walked into the garage and noticed my scrap area became the temporary storage for all the Christmas decoration. I made a tunnel so I can get in and out, but I can forget sitting out there.

I'm off to start the catch-up-athon link. Who's here for a progressive challenge?

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to zrock

Here's the catch-up-athon link

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

I'm going to try for the progressive(s). I'm still trying to make sure I understand how the weekend will work. Mostly I'm going to go with the flow for that.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to MommaSaid

Sorry Stacey! I completely forgot! I can do one this evening if you are up for it? I have Apple store from 2-3 pm and I can skip the workshop I was going to go to (I'd rather scrap!) So I could be home and ready to start the progressive at 3:45 pm. If not, I will just work on the catch-up-a-thon!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

i'm open for whatever....i guess it'll depend on who we can round up

MommyMarci
Queen
MommyMarci
In response to Megan Ann

I'm confused but I am here and probably able to do some scrapping. Do you need me to DO anything to help??

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Would love to have u around this afternoon say... 4 eastern / 1 sb.com to join us for a progressive.

in the mean time feel free to check out the catch-up-athon. we're doing that in place of bingo, so you can make those pages all thanksgiving weekend at your leisure

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

I'll pop in and out to try a progressive this afternoon. Dinner is in the pot already and 4-ish gives me enough time to pay attention to DS after his nap prior to playing.

MommyMarci
Queen
MommyMarci
In response to MommaSaid

Perfect! Not sure what time dh will be home but it won't take long to get Mr. Turkey started and I will be around before and after!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to zrock

Weds progressive

Page 5 of 20 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics