Username Post: If you have Spellbinders...        (Topic#1521975)
tinacome
Veteran
tinacome

how many sets do you own? I'm so addicted to them Just curious how many you all have.

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to tinacome

I have 6 sets I think. HL has them on sale 50% off this week. I'm trying to resist.......

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to krishunter

22 die sets and 2 Impressabilities. I won most of them in a contest a few months ago though.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Here Kitty

I have one set of nesties but I want a few more. I just gave DH the paper and showed him which one I want ( labels four) and told him HL has them half off.

jeni0071
Pro
jeni0071
In response to Tracy S.

Do these work in the Quickutz Revolution also? I thought I read somewhere they did...I'd like to buy some, but I have the Revolution. Half price is good...didn't know they ever went on sale like that!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Tracy S.

• Tracy S. Said:
I have one set of nesties but I want a few more. I just gave DH the paper and showed him which one I want ( labels four) and told him HL has them half off.

Just got Labels 4 on Monday - LOVE 50% off sale at HL!

afilatreau
Pro
afilatreau
In response to jeni0071

I don't have any but I really really really really want some!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to jeni0071

• jeni0071 Said:
Do these work in the Quickutz Revolution also? I thought I read somewhere they did...I'd like to buy some, but I have the Revolution. Half price is good...didn't know they ever went on sale like that!

Yep! This is from their site:
  • Quote:
Compatible with Sizzix™, QuicKutz™ Revolution, Cuttlebug and most other manual die cut machines.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to jeni0071

• jeni0071 Said:

Yes they do work - haven't tried it but scraptime video site has tutorials so does youtube.

THey are about the thickness of a QK die but to do the embossing part, can't recall what you need - maybe the spellbinder embossing mat.

lstory 
Mayor
In response to afilatreau

Funny, I was just going to start a thread about these. I have two sets and would love more, and my big question is, How do you store them?

Lisa

lstory 
Mayor
In response to lstory

Amy, that must have been some contest!

Lisa

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to lstory

• lstory Said:
Amy, that must have been some contest!

Lisa

LOL, yes it was! GG Loves Matthew was another winner from here. It was their new release blog contest, so I got all the newly released labels and holiday die sets.

I store most of mine in CD cases with magnetic strips on one side. I've seen magnetic folders though that look neat.

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to lstory

I store mine in cd cases.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to krishunter

I have seen where they are stored in QK magnetic binders and also saw a cabinet lined with magnetic strips (or was it a full sheet). The dies where then on the inside of the doors of the cabinet and they could easily be seen. I may have seen it here in the gallery.

jeni0071
Pro
jeni0071
In response to corrie fan

Thanks Ladies...now I can get some too! (like I need more "gotta have" scrapbooking stuff! LOL!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to jeni0071

You are all making me so jealous. The nearest HL is about 1.5-2 hours away from me! I'd pay the difference in fuel. I wish you could buy online from them, but when I go to their site, it takes me to their online partner who does not have the same sales.

lstory 
Mayor
In response to siameseplease

Gina, I got mine from Js. Nothing like a 50% coupon on one of their $5 shipping weekends.

Lisa

pipitastro
Resident
pipitastro
In response to lstory

J's has free shipping just today

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to pipitastro

I have 3- would like more but HL doesnt have a great selection by me. I didnt know they were 50% off this week- but at that price i bet i can find some i like there!!! The 3 i have i really like and use quite a bit.

sew_crafty_girl
Expert
sew_crafty_girl
In response to ChansGram

I have 2 sets of nestabilities and one on it`s way in the mail. I use mine in my Revolution with an embossing mat that my LSS made out of cut up 4x4 silicon mats. I store mine in my QK magnetic binders.

Kimberly29
Veteran
Kimberly29
In response to sew_crafty_girl

I've ot 23 sets. And a few quick cutz as well

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to sew_crafty_girl

Do they work with the Big Shot that Stampin up sells???? TIA

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to armygirl

I have 3 sets of nesties that I use on a cuttlebug. I bought them at a stamp show 2 months ago. Sadly no HL here and I've been at every LSS I know of within a 1 hour radius of my house and nobody carries them.

If I had a HL I'm sure I would have every one they carry, or at least be working my way toward it with 50% off coupons/sales.

lstory 
Mayor
In response to disneylisa

Silvia, I don't know about the Stampin Up machine, but I use mine on the Sizzix BigKick with the multipurpose platform and two cutting plates (the clear ones, you know?). If you want to emboss, you have to add a silicone pad, I think. The "sandwich recipe" is on the multipurpose platform.

Lisa

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to lstory

I have 25 and there are a few on my christmas list, I love using the non nesting dies as stencils for the die cuts and inking/chalking with them. They also work well with coredinations paper. I know a few great places to get them online because I have to ship them to Canada and have been buying them for 2 years. They are my favorite and I still get them even though I have a silhouette. I love to emboss with them.

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 12-03-09 05:17 PM
In response to siameseplease

Nearest one to me is about 3.5 or so hours. Luckily we are planning to stop there when we go to my parents for Christmas so I am hoping to be able to have a coupon and get one set at least. especially since 2 of my marvy circle punches are shot. Of course HL has them 50% on sale right now

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to Hev

I've always wanted some of the nesting label dies, but what are the dimensions of the labels??? I was looking at HL the other day, but they weren't marked with the sizes. TIA:)

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to shopgirlaudi

• shopgirlaudi Said:
I've always wanted some of the nesting label dies, but what are the dimensions of the labels??? I was looking at HL the other day, but they weren't marked with the sizes. TIA:)

Which labels? There are 9 different ones.
If you go to the Spellbinders website, they have all the dies and their dimensions.

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants

I have 2 sets but I'm hoping to get more - esp. since my HL just started carrying them recently - and love the 50% off sale!!!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to SmartyPants

I'm looking at these. The problem is I don't have a diecut machine.

For those asking about which machines they work in, I found this video very informative:

Spellbinders

I'm wondering if they'd work in a clay roller machine (like a pasta machine). ??

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to Bxr-Linda

I had 1 set and yesterday I picked up 2 more and then got a rain check on one set (the labels four set). To my surprise, they gave me the raincheck and even wrote on it that I will get them at the 50% off when they come in. I had no idea they did rainchecks and included the sale price!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to Shutterbugg

I bought my wizard 4 years ago and got a stack of individual old-style dies with it. Since then have bought 2 alpha sets, 3 nestabilities, and a bunch of others. My only problem is--I don't use them as much as I could--but I love my wizard and use it with other dies and embossing folders too. I have bought some here at sb.com, some other places.

Kimberly29
Veteran
Kimberly29
In response to scrapperbee

I have the big shot and yes they do.

craftysprinkles
Queen
craftysprinkles
In response to Kimberly29

I have about 20 or so.

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to Bxr-Linda

I just got 4 more sets this weekend at a great price - 50% off at HL!!!!

Pawz94
Pawz94 
Veteran
Pawz94
In response to SmartyPants

I'm not sure how many I already had, but I bought 8 sets last week at HL and I know my mom is giving me at least 3 sets for Christmas!

La8ebug
Expert
La8ebug
In response to Pawz94

I have really been wanting to buy a set. How big are they? I can't figure out the sizes. Also how to do you use them? I don't have any kind of diecuting machine.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to La8ebug

you have to use a die cutter with the spellbinders. All of the measurements and products along with how-to instructions are on the spellbinders website.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

I'm now the proud owner of 3 sets of nestabilities (J's carries them now!), one embossing plate, and a butterfly die. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM and would have all of them if I wasn't on a budget. I figure I can get a set a month and I'll have all the ones that J's carries by summer. OMG! I'm such a collector!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to Seaexplore

They are 40% off at HL this week. I LOVE my Nesties!!!!!!!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to CraftyCandace

For all you nesties lovers, how do you store them? I still have mine in the original packages. I haev probably at least 10 sets. I've seen people store them on magnet sheets inside a binder. I'd like to do that, but I'm having a hard time finding the magnets.

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara

They have the magnetic pages here as well as a folder. I just ordered one magnetic page but haven't received it yet. I'm hoping it fits my 4 sets.

Edited by mercytiara on 01-25-10 12:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to mercytiara

I store the regular sized ones (labels, etc) in CD cases with magnetic strips to hold them in place. I cut the packaging and placed it in the inside of the front CD cover so they're labeled.

Have you ladies seen all the NEW nesties & labels? LOVELY!

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW

I do this too, and then I got a "show off" container at Walmart for CD's. It has a lid with a handle and it works great. I also use one of these containers for cards.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW

• Here Kitty Said:
Have you ladies seen all the NEW nesties & labels? LOVELY!

OMG these limited edition sets are going to kill me, DH said to get what I want for my mother's day gift. I so want play time !

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to CorrieW

I've seen advertisements in 2 recent scrap magazines saying that Spellbinders are coming soon to your local scrapbook store. Does anyone know if this means the chain stores or do they mean LSS. Currently there is only one place I know of within about an hour from me that carries any. They have maybe a dozen sets. I'm hoping ACM, J's or Michael's will start carrying them, anyone have a scoop?

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to Seaexplore

• seaexplore Said:
I'm now the proud owner of 3 sets of nestabilities (J's carries them now!), one embossing plate, and a butterfly die. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM and would have all of them if I wasn't on a budget. I figure I can get a set a month and I'll have all the ones that J's carries by summer. OMG! I'm such a collector!

Do they have them in the stores yet. I know they've had them online only for a few months. Of course the small J's by me won't carry them anyway, I'll have to go to the big store an hour away but I do get there every few months.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to disneylisa

• disneylisa Said:
I've seen advertisements in 2 recent scrap magazines saying that Spellbinders are coming soon to your local scrapbook store. Does anyone know if this means the chain stores or do they mean LSS. Currently there is only one place I know of within about an hour from me that carries any. They have maybe a dozen sets. I'm hoping ACM, J's or Michael's will start carrying them, anyone have a scoop?

Lisa,
I spoke to Spellbinders last month (I had a defective die and sent an email). She told me they are coming to M's. They have an agreement and are waiting on M's to sign off and we should see them in the stores in the next few months. I know you can order them online from J's and they usually have free shipping once in a while.

bj9268 
Resident
In response to CorrieW

I just added three sets to my one set. I haven't figured out a storage situation for them but for my one set I have it hanging from a ring on my scrap table lamp.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW

• Candace M. Said:
For all you nesties lovers, how do you store them? I still have mine in the original packages. I haev probably at least 10 sets. I've seen people store them on magnet sheets inside a binder. I'd like to do that, but I'm having a hard time finding the magnets.

I have heard that people use the magnetic vent covers from home depot. You could cut the sheets mount them on card stock and put them in a binder under sheet protectors

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics