WELCOME TO THE 5TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE QUEEN OF THE MONTH SWAP
This swap has a commitment time of 6 months. This swap also requires regular communication to your Queens.
Princesses returning please be advised to all of the changes below. There will be quizes. Thank you.
How it works: All of the people who sign up must commit for the months of January through and including July of 2010. There will be 6 people per group.
Prerequisites to signing up: You must have successfully swapped with me before or have at least 2000 as your post status. If you do not then you must have a referral from someone who does. I am sorry if this sounds harsh but this swap is a very popular one for a reason. This swap is a high spoilage swap as well as one to get to know your fellow sb.com neighbors. There is no room for flaking in this swap.
Queen Swap terms:
Princesses = Are returning swappers to Queen or you have already been Queen on this current round
Lady in Waiting = You are new completely to the Queen Swap and have not been Queen yet this round.
Jester (luvscrapin)= We have one and is decreed by me.
Princess Cliffnotes (aumommie)= this person cliffnotes posts in one to keep everyone up to date in case you miss posts.
Royal Sexcatary (luvscrapin)= person who helps out the hostess in making notes, sending memos and the like.
1. On the 30th or 31st of each month I will draw a name of who our Queen for the next month will be. I will then PM you the Queen's personal info. This will occur around midnight my time (EST). The announced Queen will then put the survey in their blogs marked as such. Each of the other 5 people have to shower their Queen with goodies from her survey and wishlist, NIP (no handmade) items unless an arrangement is made with your Queen in advance to maybe split something with your Queen. This is a spoilage swap, no sending of anything that is not on your Queens survey or wishlists no matter where those wishlists are. If you cannot find what your Queen desires in stores around by you, DO NOT improvise or assume your Queen will like something. You can always purchase a GC off the internet or at one of the stores your Queen lists she shops at. You can always PM your Queen for any questions regarding anything on her wishlists or survey.
2. Showering can be done in any manner you want: sending a little over a period of time, sending her items all at one time, etc. as long as the last mailing is dated by the 25th of each month. Please address the envelope or package "Queen" then the person's username so the reigning Queen will know what it is, and put your screen name in the return address spot.
3. The reigning Queen has to post when one of her minnions has showered her. Thank them publicly and state what they were showered with.
4. All Princesses and Ladies In Waiting will have to check in once every 2-4 days at least so we all know that you haven't forgotten about your Queen. If checking in is not occurring your chance for Queen reduces for the next month. IF you do not check in for two weeks in a row I will pm you once to see if you are still with us and if I get no answer then I will find a replacement for you. If you move during this swap please let me know your new mailing addy as soon as possible so that I can change this info on your personal info. Please be as detailed as possible in the PM title to me as you can.
All Queens like to be talked to. This thread moves quite fast and there is much communication going on between and amongst groups getting to know each other and their Queens.
5. I must have an email addy as well as a phone number as a way to get ahold of you. If there is any flaking on this thread then I will put your name on a flakers list that I personally own. This list is shared amongst fellow long standing hostesses and it has been known to also not allow a username to join a swap because of it. You will not be allowed to participate in this thread until all obligations are met to your Queens. I am sorry if this sounds harsh but due to circumstances occurring of late on the forum I must insist and run this swap this way. This is a game of spoilage to your Queens, IT IS NOT FAIR to take your bounties and run w/o offering a bounty to your Queens in return and not follow through on the commitment that you are agreeing to by joining this swap.
6. There are going to be three threads for this swap. This one you are signing up on will be where all Queen biz (sending/receiving/gettin g to know each other) are done here. Once I pm you the Queens personal info, use that thread to be in cahoots with the other Princesses and Ladies in Waiting to coordinate your buying for your Queen. This is where a lot of getting to know your group will come in as well as enable all of you to either go in on something big for your Queen or at least not get the same items. The following link is for all chatting for Queen:
7. I will be making HOSTESS ANNOUNCEMENTS (written in purple) that everyone must read. I also ask that nearing the end of each month all current Queens check the first page and let me know if I have recorded the bounties correctly.
Please PM me your personal info by June. 30th so I can get them all organized in time to call our Queen on July 1st and PM her personal info to her minnions. Please put in the subject line your username and "Q8 Personal Info". I have all posts emailed to me and I keep these in a file in my email account. Now is the time to get all wishlists created and updated. Once the Queen is crowned she will then put the Survey in her blog.
8. There will also be a Secret Santa Swap. The amount for this is 25.00 and is again completely separate from Queen commitment. I will let you know closer to the time of sign ups on this who will host that within this swap.
Rule number 1,467,321: teasing the Queen about upcoming goodies will be strictly allowed and enforced! Any teasing of getting back amongst any current Queens is forbidden.
This Queen game limit is $15.00 per month. If you desire to go over, that is fine but under will be considered a no-no by the Queen and the proper disciplinary action shall be placed. If you find below a username you just wanna spoil then you are more then welcome to pm me your requests and sign up for as many spots as you want. I will try my best to honor all requests on who you'd like to be in a group with.
This is a commitment, please do not sign up and then once your month is over you quit. Please be considerate of everyone who signs up and think how you would feel if someone did that to you. Thank you!
ONE huge NO NO for this swap is buying for everyone in your group early at the start. Tnis is also why I am asking everyone to NOT put the survey in their blogs until you are announced Queen. All people in this swap are in other secret pal swaps, get presents and shops for themselves. If you buy early for everyone the likelihood of them already having or not wanting those items you bought runs very high. There have been some who have done this in the past and have regretted it. If anyone has any questions or does not believe me on this then please pm and talk to the Princesses returning. Thank you.
If you have any questions please pm me and i will answer them.
Personal Info: PM this info to me by June 30th with a title indicating such.
Email Addy (one in which minnions can get an electronc gc sent to you) =
Phone Number =
Queen Survey: Put in your blog ONLY once you're crowned Queen.
Are you married (name and how many years) , have kids (names and ages), pets (names and ages)=
Are you a weekly or daily chatter on the forum?
Album Size you work with the most=
Favorite Mag. that you don't subscribe to=
Do you like Idea Books=
If so, what kinds=
Favorite Brands of Paper=
Colors you don't want=
Colors you do want=
Items you don't want to recieve=
One big item or several small spread out=
Scrapbooking supply you would love to see come your way=
Favorite Scrapbooking Subject=
Events you like to scrap=
What techniques do you like/do/would like to try=
Fiber/Ribbon? What type & color?
Who is your favorite scrapping company? =
How would you define your scrapbooking style? =
Do you journal every page=
Do you like hidden journaling=
Do you like handmade items=
Prefer store bought items=
Any non-scrapbooking item you have been putting off buying yourself=
List 10 things you would love to be showered with=
To what online stores do you have a wishlist?Please list the websites as well as the username and passwords to retrieve them.=
Are there any GC's that you would love to see come your way from stores (do not have to be scrappy stores) you shop at in your hometown?=
Do you like any Indepenedent Home Party Resources and if so which ones=
What are your favorite snacks? =
Do you have any allergies?(smoke, floral, perfume, etc.) =
Anything you would like your minnions to know about you?
Anything you would like to add that I forgot to ask?
If you see anything you'd like to add to the questionaire above for your blogs please ask on the thread adnd I will include it.
thinkpink22 (2 spots)
mamapajama (2 spots)