Page 1 of 13 
Username Post: 5TH ANN.~*~QUEEN OF THE MONTH~*~F/A~*~Rd 9        (Topic#1522413)
scrappintlc
Queen
scrappintlc

WELCOME TO THE 5TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE QUEEN OF THE MONTH SWAP

This swap has a commitment time of 6 months. This swap also requires regular communication to your Queens.

Princesses returning please be advised to all of the changes below. There will be quizes. Thank you.

How it works: All of the people who sign up must commit for the months of January through and including July of 2010. There will be 6 people per group.

Prerequisites to signing up: You must have successfully swapped with me before or have at least 2000 as your post status. If you do not then you must have a referral from someone who does. I am sorry if this sounds harsh but this swap is a very popular one for a reason. This swap is a high spoilage swap as well as one to get to know your fellow sb.com neighbors. There is no room for flaking in this swap.

Queen Swap terms:
Princesses = Are returning swappers to Queen or you have already been Queen on this current round
Lady in Waiting = You are new completely to the Queen Swap and have not been Queen yet this round.
Jester (luvscrapin)= We have one and is decreed by me.
Princess Cliffnotes (aumommie)= this person cliffnotes posts in one to keep everyone up to date in case you miss posts.
Royal Sexcatary (luvscrapin)= person who helps out the hostess in making notes, sending memos and the like.

Rules:
1. On the 30th or 31st of each month I will draw a name of who our Queen for the next month will be. I will then PM you the Queen's personal info. This will occur around midnight my time (EST). The announced Queen will then put the survey in their blogs marked as such. Each of the other 5 people have to shower their Queen with goodies from her survey and wishlist, NIP (no handmade) items unless an arrangement is made with your Queen in advance to maybe split something with your Queen. This is a spoilage swap, no sending of anything that is not on your Queens survey or wishlists no matter where those wishlists are. If you cannot find what your Queen desires in stores around by you, DO NOT improvise or assume your Queen will like something. You can always purchase a GC off the internet or at one of the stores your Queen lists she shops at. You can always PM your Queen for any questions regarding anything on her wishlists or survey.

2. Showering can be done in any manner you want: sending a little over a period of time, sending her items all at one time, etc. as long as the last mailing is dated by the 25th of each month. Please address the envelope or package "Queen" then the person's username so the reigning Queen will know what it is, and put your screen name in the return address spot.

3. The reigning Queen has to post when one of her minnions has showered her. Thank them publicly and state what they were showered with.

4. All Princesses and Ladies In Waiting will have to check in once every 2-4 days at least so we all know that you haven't forgotten about your Queen. If checking in is not occurring your chance for Queen reduces for the next month. IF you do not check in for two weeks in a row I will pm you once to see if you are still with us and if I get no answer then I will find a replacement for you. If you move during this swap please let me know your new mailing addy as soon as possible so that I can change this info on your personal info. Please be as detailed as possible in the PM title to me as you can.

All Queens like to be talked to. This thread moves quite fast and there is much communication going on between and amongst groups getting to know each other and their Queens.

5. I must have an email addy as well as a phone number as a way to get ahold of you. If there is any flaking on this thread then I will put your name on a flakers list that I personally own. This list is shared amongst fellow long standing hostesses and it has been known to also not allow a username to join a swap because of it. You will not be allowed to participate in this thread until all obligations are met to your Queens. I am sorry if this sounds harsh but due to circumstances occurring of late on the forum I must insist and run this swap this way. This is a game of spoilage to your Queens, IT IS NOT FAIR to take your bounties and run w/o offering a bounty to your Queens in return and not follow through on the commitment that you are agreeing to by joining this swap.

6. There are going to be three threads for this swap. This one you are signing up on will be where all Queen biz (sending/receiving/gettin g to know each other) are done here. Once I pm you the Queens personal info, use that thread to be in cahoots with the other Princesses and Ladies in Waiting to coordinate your buying for your Queen. This is where a lot of getting to know your group will come in as well as enable all of you to either go in on something big for your Queen or at least not get the same items. The following link is for all chatting for Queen:
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/13747...

7. I will be making HOSTESS ANNOUNCEMENTS (written in purple) that everyone must read. I also ask that nearing the end of each month all current Queens check the first page and let me know if I have recorded the bounties correctly.

Please PM me your personal info by June. 30th so I can get them all organized in time to call our Queen on July 1st and PM her personal info to her minnions. Please put in the subject line your username and "Q8 Personal Info". I have all posts emailed to me and I keep these in a file in my email account. Now is the time to get all wishlists created and updated. Once the Queen is crowned she will then put the Survey in her blog.

8. There will also be a Secret Santa Swap. The amount for this is 25.00 and is again completely separate from Queen commitment. I will let you know closer to the time of sign ups on this who will host that within this swap.

Rule number 1,467,321: teasing the Queen about upcoming goodies will be strictly allowed and enforced! Any teasing of getting back amongst any current Queens is forbidden.

This Queen game limit is $15.00 per month. If you desire to go over, that is fine but under will be considered a no-no by the Queen and the proper disciplinary action shall be placed. If you find below a username you just wanna spoil then you are more then welcome to pm me your requests and sign up for as many spots as you want. I will try my best to honor all requests on who you'd like to be in a group with.

This is a commitment, please do not sign up and then once your month is over you quit. Please be considerate of everyone who signs up and think how you would feel if someone did that to you. Thank you!

ONE huge NO NO for this swap is buying for everyone in your group early at the start. Tnis is also why I am asking everyone to NOT put the survey in their blogs until you are announced Queen. All people in this swap are in other secret pal swaps, get presents and shops for themselves. If you buy early for everyone the likelihood of them already having or not wanting those items you bought runs very high. There have been some who have done this in the past and have regretted it. If anyone has any questions or does not believe me on this then please pm and talk to the Princesses returning. Thank you.

If you have any questions please pm me and i will answer them.

Personal Info: PM this info to me by June 30th with a title indicating such.
Screen Name=
Real Name=
Address=
Birthdate=
Email Addy (one in which minnions can get an electronc gc sent to you) =
Phone Number =

Queen Survey: Put in your blog ONLY once you're crowned Queen.
Are you married (name and how many years) , have kids (names and ages), pets (names and ages)=
Are you a weekly or daily chatter on the forum?
Album Size you work with the most=
Favorite Mag. that you don't subscribe to=
Do you like Idea Books=
If so, what kinds=
Favorite Brands of Paper=
Favorite Color=
Colors you don't want=
Colors you do want=
Items you don't want to recieve=
One big item or several small spread out=
Scrapbooking supply you would love to see come your way=
Favorite Scrapbooking Subject=
Events you like to scrap=
What techniques do you like/do/would like to try=
Favorite Embellishments=
Fiber/Ribbon? What type & color?
Favorite Adhesive=
Who is your favorite scrapping company? =
How would you define your scrapbooking style? =
Do you journal every page=
Do you like hidden journaling=
Do you like handmade items=
Prefer store bought items=
Any non-scrapbooking item you have been putting off buying yourself=
List 10 things you would love to be showered with=
To what online stores do you have a wishlist?Please list the websites as well as the username and passwords to retrieve them.=
Are there any GC's that you would love to see come your way from stores (do not have to be scrappy stores) you shop at in your hometown?=
Do you like any Indepenedent Home Party Resources and if so which ones=
What are your favorite snacks? =
Do you have any allergies?(smoke, floral, perfume, etc.) =
Anything you would like your minnions to know about you?
Anything you would like to add that I forgot to ask?

If you see anything you'd like to add to the questionaire above for your blogs please ask on the thread adnd I will include it.

The ROYALTY:

Group 1:
Hostess-----JANUARY
mamapajama
drayia
kinetickatie-----February
thinkpink22
tagsmom

Group 2:
Canadiangirl-----February
thinkpink22
preci28
lydbug-----JANUARY
trishalouise
fairytattoo

Group 3:
all4mygrl-----February
Mother Goose
mamapajama-----JANUARY
luvscrapin
Charlena
cma2a17

Participants:
Hostess
Canadiangirl
Charlena
Mother Goose
Fairytattoo
All4mygrl
Cma2a17
thinkpink22 (2 spots)
mamapajama (2 spots)
tagsmom
trishalouise
preci28
luvscrapin
lydbug
kinetickatie

CanadianGirl
Diva
CanadianGirl
In response to scrappintlc

I'm in

Charlena
Idol
Charlena
In response to CanadianGirl

I would love to do this. I have watched each time. I now feel I am ready for this. Let me know thanks a bunch.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose

I've been on "lurking" for awhile because of health problems. Queen of the Month seems a good way of working myself back in to daily sb.com activity. Please sign me up for this.

scrappintlc
Queen
scrappintlc
In response to Mother Goose

Suzanne

Welcome to our new Ladies in Waiting Charlena and Mother Goose.

I'll get cha added at the top in a few minutes.

Invite your friends, this is our 5th ann. I'm kinda thinking I wanna do a little something special for this one but the idea machine hasn't kicked in yet.

fairytattoo
Governor
fairytattoo

I would love to get back into this Robin! Thanks for the pm!

scrappintlc
Queen
scrappintlc
In response to fairytattoo

AWESOME, hi hon. Been missing ya. How you been?

All4mygrl
Idol
All4mygrl

Whoo...Hoo! Please sign me up again. Awesome swap!

fairytattoo
Governor
fairytattoo

• scrappintlc Said:

I am pretty good for the most part, Robin, how are you, how is school?? Danny started a job about 3 weeks ago (finally) and I am starting back to college in January, I need about 46 more credits for my Bachelor's in Nursing and then I'm planning on pursuing my Master's, just gonna take one class and one step at a time.
I am so happy to be back in Queen. Any other of us "oldies" coming back?? LOL!!

Charlena
Idol
Charlena

I am so excited about this swap

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17
In response to Charlena

Thanks for the pm Robin! You can count me back in. I missed queens last round and can't wait to jump back in. I took last round off to build up my personal stash. I'm ready to join you ladies again!

scrappintlc
Queen
scrappintlc

• fairytattoo Said:
  • scrappintlc Said:

I am pretty good for the most part, Robin, how are you, how is school?? Danny started a job about 3 weeks ago (finally) and I am starting back to college in January, I need about 46 more credits for my Bachelor's in Nursing and then I'm planning on pursuing my Master's, just gonna take one class and one step at a time.
I am so happy to be back in Queen. Any other of us "oldies" coming back?? LOL!!

Doing good here. Schooling going slow with all the other activities the boys are in. I'm at the point of actually transcribing so now I need to downlaod the footpedal software and get headphones. A little scary but I need ot get through it. Hubby is back on days, still one car. Oldest has earned Star rank for Boy Scouts (2 away from Eagle) So I'm looking at needing to plan a Eagle Court Of Honor party as well as save for his Eagle call ring. I promised him if he made Eagle he'd get a class ring. And of course being the crafty scrapper/stamper I have to make everythign for his Eagle Court of honor...invites...scrapbook chronicling his journey.....oh my! overwhelming myself already and its still at least two years away. But we know how fast 2 years goes unfortunately. Oh he did start Junior High this year and loves it. He was in Lego Robotics, is on Student Council and is starting Sience Olympiad and still amintaining honor roll. Proud mom I am yeppers

Youngest is doing great and is excelling in school and you wouldn't ever know he had any speech issues....I was right and I pat myself on the back all the time to have moved him when I did.

They're both in soccer, basketball, baseball and scouts.

Hows the kiddos...I can't believe how big the baby is...Wow...

I thought you already had a nursing bachelors? *slaps forehead* Good for you and hubby hon. One step at a time is all anyone can do and I know you'll get through it just fine.

scrappintlc
Queen
scrappintlc

JULIE

Forgot to add: As for "oldies" to the swap...I pm'd them all...so we'll see who shows up.

Angel and Suzanne is with us.

scrappintlc
Queen
scrappintlc
In response to cma2a17

• cma2a17 Said:
Thanks for the pm Robin! You can count me back in. I missed queens last round and can't wait to jump back in. I took last round off to build up my personal stash. I'm ready to join you ladies again!

Wo ho hiya Christy. How you been? Missed you too. Thought about you a lot this fall.

scrappintlc
Queen
scrappintlc

Christia hon I see you.

Cher (can I call you that) You'll love it here......all the girls behave themselves for the most part. If any out of handedness occurs I threaten moot action then they get right back in line.

CanadianGirl
Diva
CanadianGirl

welcome to the swap everyone!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

I'll try this out!

Kimberly

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17
In response to thinkpink22

I've been good. Slowly working on completing Chasta's scrapbook. Take a look in my gallery at the completed layouts from her angel album. Still so thankful for all the love and generousity from you ladies!

CanadianGirl
Diva
CanadianGirl
In response to cma2a17

WELCOME KIMBERLY! I'm so glad you decided to join!

Charlena
Idol
Charlena

just bumping

mamapajama
Mayor
mamapajama
In response to Charlena

HELLO EVERYONE!!!! sorry for yelling - LOL

Umm just wondering if there was any room for little ole me. oh please oh please oh please. Im a oldie but goodie!! LOL

Tagsmom
Diva
Tagsmom
In response to mamapajama

Would love to join again!

fairytattoo
Governor
fairytattoo
In response to Tagsmom

Morning!!

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17

bump

All4mygrl
Idol
All4mygrl

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2
In response to All4mygrl

Hey Robin,
This is soooo tempting. If you're short a person.......

Charlena
Idol
Charlena
In response to liveandBIKN2

jci

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17
In response to Charlena

I went and saw "New Moon" today .. great movie!

Charlena
Idol
Charlena
In response to cma2a17

can't wait to get this started. I saw New Moon the day it came out Its was so good. And the ending I mean OMG!!!

fairytattoo
Governor
fairytattoo
In response to Charlena

Come on Mandy!!! You know you want to!!!!

CanadianGirl
Diva
CanadianGirl

hi everyone! hope you're all doing well!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to Charlena

One spot for me Robin!

fairytattoo
Governor
fairytattoo
In response to TrishaLouise

Hi Trisha! Long time no see!!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

Hi Julie.... Where have you been hiding?

Do you ever wanna strangle your husband girls?
Andy "My DH" found a BBQ grill he wanted over the weekend. It was a big sucker so I told him I'd call my friend Lynn "who has a truck" and she and I would pick it up this afternoon.
I had a scrappy class this morning and he called me twice.... once to remind me not to forget it and a second time to see if we had got it yet!
Ugggggggggg! He couldn't believe I was in a class at the scrap store instead of picking up the grill! lol I told him I had my priorities straight

Edited by TrishaLouise on 12-14-09 02:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

fairytattoo
Governor
fairytattoo
In response to TrishaLouise

I've been around Trisha, just not in Queen last round, so I'm excited to get back into it.
Men and their toys!! Could you imagine if we sent them to pick up some scrappy stuff for us and called them 4 times to see if they got it yet, they'd flip out! LOL!!

mamapajama
Mayor
mamapajama

Checking in. I hope there is a spot for me! I havent been in a swap for over a year. I am itching for some new goodies!! LOL

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17

I see some familar faces that haven't seen lately!

fairytattoo
Governor
fairytattoo
In response to cma2a17

bump

Charlena
Idol
Charlena

jci

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose

Checking In.

All4mygrl
Idol
All4mygrl

JCI

CanadianGirl
Diva
CanadianGirl
In response to All4mygrl

hi

fairytattoo
Governor
fairytattoo

We need more players...
where is everyone??

Scrappyfly28
Mayor
Scrappyfly28

I'd like to join!

sending my info in a pm to you!

CanadianGirl
Diva
CanadianGirl
In response to Scrappyfly28

hi heather! glad you decided to join!

Scrappyfly28
Mayor
Scrappyfly28

I'm glad you convinced me CanadianGirl!!

CanadianGirl
Diva
CanadianGirl
In response to Scrappyfly28

luvscrapin
Governor
luvscrapin

me me me me me! (sounds like I'm warming up to sing---not a good thing!)

It's supposed to be snowing here today! Forecasters say it could be up to 12 inches!! whhooooweeeee!

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

All4mygrl
Idol
All4mygrl
In response to luvscrapin

Hey Robin, I think I am going to sit this one out. Can you please remove me from the list? Thanks.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to All4mygrl

I hope you ladies dont mind but I will be checking out this swap to see how it all works. Not high enough in post yet but that is ok with me. At least once I am I will understand how this whole Queen swap works.

mamapajama
Mayor
mamapajama
In response to Drayia

checking in...... where o where could Robin be? O where o where is she? LOL

fairytattoo
Governor
fairytattoo

Hi!!

fairytattoo
Governor
fairytattoo
In response to Charlena

Robin do you still have my address and such or do I need to send it to you again?

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17

hi ladies

Charlena
Idol
Charlena
In response to cma2a17

Just checkin in

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17
In response to Charlena

Has Robin been snowed in?

CanadianGirl
Diva
CanadianGirl
In response to cma2a17

maybe

scrappintlc
Queen
scrappintlc

I'm still with ya. Been a tough week, with hubby in and out of the hospital. I'll update more later tonight with more details.

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17

Sorry to hear Robin! Take care and we'll be here when you return. No rush!

lydbug
lydbug 
Idol
lydbug
In response to Charlena

me me dont forget me !!

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to Charlena

I'd love to do this! It sounds like tons of fun, I love swaps where lots of talking happens =) I'm not at 2000 posts yet but cma2a17, dkravec, adriann, martica, and miriamk can vouch for me! I've also done other swaps so if you need more references please let me know!

All4mygrl
Idol
All4mygrl

hi, ladies. jci

fairytattoo
Governor
fairytattoo
In response to All4mygrl

Robin I hope everything is ok!

CanadianGirl
Diva
CanadianGirl

Robin, I hope things are better now

Scrappyfly28
Mayor
Scrappyfly28

Hope things are getting better for you Robin!

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17
In response to katiemylady

• kinetickatie Said:
I'd love to do this! It sounds like tons of fun, I love swaps where lots of talking happens =) I'm not at 2000 posts yet but cma2a17, dkravec, adriann, martica, and miriamk can vouch for me! I've also done other swaps so if you need more references please let me know!

I'll gladly vouch for Katie! She's been in my cardmaking pal swap the last couple rounds.

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to cma2a17

• cma2a17 Said:
  • kinetickatie Said:

I'll gladly vouch for Katie! She's been in my cardmaking pal swap the last couple rounds.

Thank you, Christy

Edited by kinetickatie on 12-21-09 04:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lydbug
lydbug 
Idol
lydbug
In response to lydbug

hope all is well RObin

prayers sent your way !!

mamapajama
Mayor
mamapajama
In response to lydbug

You and your family will be in our prayers Robin. Take care

fairytattoo
Governor
fairytattoo

CanadianGirl
Diva
CanadianGirl

hi

Tagsmom
Diva
Tagsmom

jci!Hope everything is okay Robin!Hi to everyone!!!

Charlena
Idol
Charlena
In response to Tagsmom

jci

Charlena
Idol
Charlena
In response to Charlena

Merry Christmas

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17
In response to Charlena

Merry Christmas ladies!

CanadianGirl
Diva
CanadianGirl
In response to cma2a17

i hope you all have a merry christmas

fairytattoo
Governor
fairytattoo

Merry Christmas!!

scrappintlc
Queen
scrappintlc

• thinkpink22 Said:
I'll try this out!

Kimberly

Welcome hon.

scrappintlc
Queen
scrappintlc
In response to cma2a17

• cma2a17 Said:
I've been good. Slowly working on completing Chasta's scrapbook. Take a look in my gallery at the completed layouts from her angel album. Still so thankful for all the love and generousity from you ladies!

Beautiful hon. We wuvs you.

scrappintlc
Queen
scrappintlc

• mamapajama Said:
HELLO EVERYONE!!!! sorry for yelling - LOL

Umm just wondering if there was any room for little ole me. oh please oh please oh please. Im a oldie but goodie!! LOL

But of course hon, you know that. Great to see you.

scrappintlc
Queen
scrappintlc
In response to Tagsmom

• Tagsmom Said:
Would love to join again!

WOO HOOOOOO awesome.

scrappintlc
Queen
scrappintlc

[quote=liveandBIKN2]Hey Robin,
This is soooo tempting. If you're short a person.......
[/quote]

I sure am hon. I'm with Julie: come on you know you wanna.......

[quote=TrishaLouise]One spot for me Robin!
[/quote]

Of course sweetie pie. Lovin your earrings? I thought they were adorable. *chuckle*

about hubby and the grill. What babies. Us now we've got our big girl panties on and have our priorities in the right spots.

Julie: we'd get yelled at.

[quote=preci28]I'd like to join!

sending my info in a pm to you!
[/quote]

Welcome hon

[quote=luvscrapin]me me me me me! (sounds like I'm warming up to sing---not a good thing!)

It's supposed to be snowing here today! Forecasters say it could be up to 12 inches!! whhooooweeeee!

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
[/quote]

Send me some----we're not getting anything, passing us by bigtime. Getting a little tired of the east coasters getting MY snow, at least they could share. umph!!!!! For those new to the swap I live in SE Michigan.

[quote=Drayia]I hope you ladies dont mind but I will be checking out this swap to see how it all works. Not high enough in post yet but that is ok with me. At least once I am I will understand how this whole Queen swap works.
[/quote]

If you have a hostess with 2000 or above in posts hon who can refer you, you're more then welcome.

[quote=fairytattoo]Robin do you still have my address and such or do I need to send it to you again?
[/quote]

I sure do hon but if you can send it again with your username in the title of the pm it'd be great. I send them immediately to my Q9 email file folder.

[quote=cma2a17]Has Robin been snowed in?
[/quote]

Boy don't I wish. The eastcoasters are hogging it all.

[quote=lydbug]me me dont forget me !!
[/quote]

Awesome

[quote=kinetickatie]I'd love to do this! It sounds like tons of fun, I love swaps where lots of talking happens =) I'm not at 2000 posts yet but cma2a17, dkravec, adriann, martica, and miriamk can vouch for me! I've also done other swaps so if you need more references please let me know!
[/quote]

Absolutely, a very reliable referral hon. Welcome.

I'll update the first post. Looks like we're gonna have a wodnerfuls wap. Can't wait.

Edited by scrappintlc on 12-26-09 09:13 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappintlc
Queen
scrappintlc

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, hubby is doing fine but has to go in for another surgery on Tuesday.

Sunday the 13th hubby woke me up and told me I had to take him to the hospital. It was another kidney stone. He spent the night but we found out it was .6 cm so he had to have a stent or lithotripsy. So he opted out of the stent and was hoping for the best until the following week for the lithotripsy. He spent the night that night. I left him at the hospital as oldest had a Science Olympiad meeting where the whole team got together for pizza, discussed shirts, some of the coaches were there--so had to be there. Took him to his indoor soccer game then to visit daddy in the hospital.

So Monday he came home without the stent cause he hadn't needed pain meds since Sunday at 3:30pm. Was taking his chances on us bringing him back. Tuesday he goes to work...by around 7-8am he had to go to the Ford hospital and they were going to send him by ambulance if he couldn't get a ride to the hospital. Most of you know that we only have one car...so he had it at work and they wouldn't let him drive, his mom couldn't get him due to his dad having a chemo appt., so my mom went to get him and take him to the hospital. I couldn't get up there with no car. Mom brought him back home cause the hospital was scheduling him in for an emergency stent surgery---essentially adding him on to the schedule. So mom took me up to work to get the car and later in the day took him for the stent surgery.

Now during all of this I still had not done Christmas cards, crafted the items I needed to get done (glass block for oldest--GC cards for teacher, two bus drivers, hubby), snowglobe I was stamping an image in for youngest (essentially making a scene) and wrapping all the gifts, additional shopping to do for last minute things as well as my personal Christmas cards.

After the stent surgery we came home and now he was off the rest of the week. He was uncomfortable and sore all week and gradually got worse as the week wore on. Saturday he said I'll go to my moms so you can wrap all day without the kids hounding you. LOL But at his moms all he did was sleep....didn't eat anything. Came home and laid on the couch, took his temp its 101. I told him the nurse said that'd be normal but I didn't think it should be 4 days after the surgery. Sunday again not feeling good, no temp so I was afraid they wouldn't do the lithotripsy the next day.

Monday we go in at 8:15am (yeah me up and functioning somewhere other then home can you believe it?) So now we're talking its Monday the 20th. At this point in my festivities of Christmas I had 3 GC cardholders made, the glass block and all but 9 gifts wrapped. No Christmas cards even started. So while he was in surgery I put our return addy on the cards and signed the insides. As soon as I got in the recovery room I coudl tell he felt 100% better. They were able to blast the stone and break it up so all pain and soreness for him was gone. He was able to go back to work for which he was glad not only cause he was tired of sitting around not feeling good at home but also if he hadn't he'd wouldn't have gotten paid for the holiday. As it is the check we got the day before Christmas Eve they didn't pay him for the Monday he was initially in the hospital.

The snowglobe never got done, hubbys GC cardholder never got done. But I was able to get all the Santa stuff done as well as the essential stuffs..wrapping and sending out Christmas cards. Whew!!!

Now this tuesday he goes back in for surgery again to remove the stent. He has strained and believes he got some of the stone fragments so hopefully they'll be able to finally tell him what to avoid. This is his 5th and biggest kidney stone. Second stent and first lithotripsy.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and that you all got what you wanted.

Welcome to all of our new Ladies In Waiting and thank you all for being patient with me.

CanadianGirl
Diva
CanadianGirl

hi everyone!

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17

Hi ladies!

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to cma2a17

Just checking in. I hope everyone's Holidays went well.

fairytattoo
Governor
fairytattoo

Robin, I've dealt with kidney stones before and it's horrible, I've had surgery and a stent and the whole bit, I've always said I'd rather be in labor than to go through that kidney stone pain...ugh! Hope he's feeling better!
I'll pm you my addy again here in a minute.

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady

Whew Robin, your family has been through the ringer! Hope it's all coming to an end soon.

I'm so excited to be a part of this swap...it's different and I can't wait to see how it turns out!

All4mygrl
Idol
All4mygrl
In response to katiemylady

hey everyone, jci

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to All4mygrl

Lets see people who can vouch for me.... RN2007, dixiecorngirl, been in several of her secret pal swaps, terrihooper, cma2a17, in her cardmaking swap, and Briannasmom. If you need anyother info. I am more then happy to give it. I love to spoil and to be spoiled in return so this might be just the right place for me.

fairytattoo
Governor
fairytattoo
In response to Drayia

Hi everyone!!

mamapajama
Mayor
mamapajama

checking in, Robin I hope things are better now. I hope everyone had a WONDERFUL Christmas!!!

fairytattoo
Governor
fairytattoo

So we only need 2 more people to have 3 groups??? Cool!!

Charlena
Idol
Charlena

checkin in

fairytattoo
Governor
fairytattoo
In response to Charlena

Hi everyone!! Couple days till we start!!! YAY!!

CanadianGirl
Diva
CanadianGirl

hi

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Just checking in....hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas and that you all enjoy an awesome new year too!
~Kimberly (pink)

All4mygrl
Idol
All4mygrl

Hi all; jci

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to All4mygrl

JCI ladies from the frozen land up North, LOL.

scrappintlc
Queen
scrappintlc
In response to Drayia

drayia hon you're in and welcome. All teh names you mentioned are godo enough for me. I trust adn respect those you mentioned.

Page 1 of 13 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics