Username Post: Which Glimmer Mist?        (Topic#1525079)
mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara

I just won $200 through a payroll deduction lottery! Woohoo! I just started a 6 month spending freeze, but thought I might spend half of it on scrappy supplies... one last ditch effort to get all my must-haves before I hanker down and do some winter scrapping!

I don't own a single glimmer mist, so one of the things I want to get is one bottle to try. I was thinking a brown or other neutral might be a nice start. I was eyeing the one below, but lookign for input. If you had to go on one glimmer mist for 6 months, what one would it be?

(ps, I'm also getting the first smooch collection pack and circle and scallop circle nesties!)
Products Referenced in This Post:

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to mercytiara

ONE GM for 6 months??!!! I die at the thought!

Personally, I would get blue. BUT if you want a good brown, hmmmm, Coffee Shop is good as well as Suede (but I don't think sb.com has Suede and I like Creme de Chocolate as well). Slate is like a really dark gray, it is also a good color.

KCScrapDiva
Expert
KCScrapDiva
In response to Manda_K

Is this something of a "need" item?? I've never heard of it before, but the description on sb.com sounds pretty cool! How does one use it?

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-12-10 06:17 AM
In response to KCScrapDiva

I personally love patina, which is also a blue, but if I had to pick one......I'd go with coffee shop or latte.

ScrappyHeather
Mayor
ScrappyHeather
In response to vawm

I think I would go with Coffee Shop or Sand myself.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to ScrappyHeather

By accident, I ordered two Coffee Shop... and I'm so glad that I did! It's a great coppery-brown.

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara
In response to MommaSaid

So, it sounds like Coffee Shop is pretty popular so far. Now I'm wondering about the blue... I like the idea of adding some colour to a project, but the problem is that opens the door to so many other colours... and I only have $100 to spend here (or could I dip into the other hundred, lol?!). Any more opinions would be appreciated.

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara

Ok, ok, I didn't even need an enabler! If I were to get 3, which 3 should I get (slate sounded great, but it's sold out, boo!)?

Coffee shop sounds like a keeper, now what other 2? Maybe a blue and one other? Maybe a red? or a green?

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 01-12-10 07:18 AM

I have turquoise, tattered leather, and graphite and they are all awesome colors. I like the tattered leather and graphite because they are neutral and go with almost everything, but I use blues a lot so the turquoise comes in handy for me.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to CASBa

which colors in general do you use the most? I confess I don't use my glimmer mist much. I bought a gold and silver one just to have...and then I bought a few where I needed specific colors to go with specific projects, like purple for a particular album I was working on, red for christmas stuff, etc.

and hey - its "free" money, I say use it on whatever you want

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

• KCScrapDiva Said:
Is this something of a "need" item?? I've never heard of it before, but the description on sb.com sounds pretty cool! How does one use it?

Just spray it! LOL...sounds easy yes?

I LOVE pretty much all the blues. Patina is AWESOME, it is sort of a greeny blue, Turquiose rocks, but ny fave blue is Sapphire. It is SO PRETTY!!!!

I love Candy Apple Red and Brick.

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 01-12-10 07:33 AM
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:
  • KCScrapDiva Said:

I LOVE pretty much all the blues. Patina is AWESOME, it is sort of a greeny blue, Turquiose rocks, but ny fave blue is Sapphire. It is SO PRETTY!!!!

I love Candy Apple Red and Brick.

I am gonna have to get Sapphire and Patina now! I have a weakness for pretty blues. I do need to expand my colors a little and get more oranges, greens and reds too. Maybe some purples also. It is just so hard to make myself buy anything but blue.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to CASBa

I hear that! I still don't have a good purple GM. BUT Smooch Spritz makes a fabulous purple!

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 01-12-10 07:56 AM
In response to Manda_K

I got my first smooch ink this weekend. I got pool. It is awesome! I am going to have to get the spritz when I next order from here since they don't have it at Archiver's yet.

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 01-12-10 07:59 AM
In response to Manda_K

I love Creme de Chocolat as a nice brown. If you want to try a color that won't "color" too much, just to get used to it, I also like Iridescent Gold. A lot. It adds just a hint of color and a nice, sparkly shimmer.

Seriously, when I got my Creme de Chocolat, I wanted to marry it. My husband said no.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to CASBa

I love Smooch so much! I have almost all of the colors.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to CASBa

It is SOOOOO hard to choose. But funny enough, the one i use the most is Pearl- which has no color!! I make alot of my own flowers and i spray it on them as a finishing touch and its so pretty IRL. It is the only bottle i have actually used to the point of running out. I also like Marshmellow too for this purpose. As for colors, they are all great! Guess it just depends on what you scrap alot of. I own everyone that Archivers carries! I cant wait till they get some different colors, cause you know i will own them too!

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara
In response to ChansGram

Thanks for the input everyone! So this is what I got:

Can't WAIT to get it all! So nice to have a sudden winfall after thinking you'd be going dry for 6 months!! Now, back to no spending!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by mercytiara on 01-12-10 09:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapalooza
Diva
scrapalooza
In response to ChansGram

marshmallow

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to ChansGram

If you're wanting a pretty red candy apple is awesome, and is perfect for glamming up flowers.

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 01-12-10 09:19 AM
In response to Scrappin Kitty

Ooohhhh.. Good haul. You wanna send that my way

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to CASBa

I think you picked SUPER stuff!!!!

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to Manda_K

I love "marshmellow" --- it is so great on dark colored papers. Doesn't change the color -- but adds a lovely sparkle.

KCScrapDiva
Expert
KCScrapDiva
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:
  • KCScrapDiva Said:

Oh, hardy har har. Teach me to not be specific! How do you use it on LOs then? What exactly does it do?

And what are Smooch inks? Or do I not want to know because if I know, I'll want to buy them? Bah! Answer me anyway! I demand it!

PriscyScraps
Tenant
PriscyScraps

Great picks!! I actually own the accent inks and the spray. I really LOVE them. They give a nice POW to embellies, flowers, photos, etc.

Enjoy your haul

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

• KCScrapDiva Said:
  • Manda_K Said:
  • KCScrapDiva Said:

Oh, hardy har har. Teach me to not be specific! How do you use it on LOs then? What exactly does it do?

And what are Smooch inks? Or do I not want to know because if I know, I'll want to buy them? Bah! Answer me anyway! I demand it!

WELL WELL! Look who is demanding!

Okay, really it is easy! You just use quick sprays over your paper and you can use it to add colors and sparkle. I use a lot of masks and screens when I do it. I dye stuff with it as well, ribbon, flowers, etc.

Smooch inks are pearlized metallic inks. The are meant for stamps, to color in stamped images, but they rock on Grugeboard and chipboard and flowers...lots of stuff. They also make Smooch Spritz, which is a spray version.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

• KCScrapDiva Said:
  • Manda_K Said:
  • KCScrapDiva Said:

Check out this video. It gives a good look at what it does.
http://www.scrapbook.com/videos/177.html

By the way, I don't have any yet either.

KCScrapDiva
Expert
KCScrapDiva
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:
WELL WELL! Look who is demanding!

Okay, really it is easy! You just use quick sprays over your paper and you can use it to add colors and sparkle. I use a lot of masks and screens when I do it. I dye stuff with it as well, ribbon, flowers, etc.

Smooch inks are pearlized metallic inks. The are meant for stamps, to color in stamped images, but they rock on Grugeboard and chipboard and flowers...lots of stuff. They also make Smooch Spritz, which is a spray version.

HAHA! So very demanding! I'm a queen, baby! Well, at least I'm queen of my household... *grin*

Thanks for the explanation, Manda! Looks like adding two new products to try... next month... *hangs head* Spent all of my fun money this month right after Christmas to get all of those other new goodies. LOL Feb 1, man, I am ordering these!!!

pcgirl
pcgirl 
Idol
pcgirl

So the bottom line is, we scrapbookers are like kids at Christmas...hey Santa, we want it ALL! lol

jaylynnscraps
Expert
jaylynnscraps

You picked perfect staple colors. I think you will be happy with all of those. And the smooch s you picked YUM LOL

For those of you who loved the Marshmellow GM check out TA new Chalk Board sprays coming out at CHA!!!
If you scroll down about two post you will see it. Also continue down and see what else TA has in store hehe.

Tattered Angels

KCScrapDiva
Expert
KCScrapDiva
In response to pcgirl

• pcgirl Said:
So the bottom line is, we scrapbookers are like kids at Christmas...hey Santa, we want it ALL! lol

QFT!!!!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram

I really want to check into the Smooch- but i cant just have acouple, i have to have all the colors! So i have avoided starting this collection! So tempted!
Tracy, you ordered some great stuff, you will love it all!!

Grimmette
Pro
Grimmette

Little confused... So GM you spray but smooches is kinda like liquid eyeliner in the way you apply it? haha closest thing I could think of. lol

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

• KCScrapDiva Said:
  • pcgirl Said:

QFT!!!!

Did you just quote that for truth??!!! LOL!!! I knew I liked you!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Grimmette

• Octopie Said:
Little confused... So GM you spray but smooches is kinda like liquid eyeliner in the way you apply it? haha closest thing I could think of. lol

Sort of! Yes, the applicator is like liquid eyeliner...but I hardly ever actually use the applicator!

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to Manda_K

I love the silver foil smooch spritz. It's SO pretty and looks really cool on black paper. I also got frosted grape and that's very pretty as well. Now I want all the colors!!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Smashley

I LOOOOOVE the look of the Silver Foil Spritz on black cs. It is hot!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics