Username Post: The ORIGINAL Rockin Scrappin Grans & Friends Thread        (Topic#1525163)
annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to JustLori

• JustLori Said:
Garage sales...here, they are just getting started...they don't really "fire up" until after Memorial Day...and it's usually clothes (BIG clothes and BABY clothes, nothing in between) and stuffed animals, and cords..."This cord was to my laptop, but it blew up...that cord was to my deep fryer but it blew up....those cords are for my old monitors, but they blew up"....Almost NEVER anything good....

In the north area of town where we live, garage sales are good --- it's the older area of Lincoln --- so good old stuff. South Lincoln is still building -- lots of young families -- baby clothes with puke stains, toys that have been dragged around for years --- books (but they don't tell you they are little kids and torn and colored --- we always stay in the north half of town for sales --- I'm finding that sewing stuff sells really good on etsy --- last week I got a huge box of patterns -- for $3 --- have got to keep etsy a very good secret :+)

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to JustLori

• JustLori Said:
Oh, but I seem to thrive...it IS kind of sick, though, isn't it??? LOL

KIND of sick???????????? KIND of?????????????

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to annscraps

There is no longer an "old" part of town, ie, where the older families reside, families with the GOOD stuff, lol, as a lot of those properties have turned into rentals over the years...so young 'uns with young 'uns are pretty much everywhere....EVERYWHERE! Even in the historical district, where they have an annual community yard sale...used to be able to get the coolest and the best stuff....I once furnished a 2-bedroom house by going to that one weekend...mismatched, but nice furniture, interesting pieces, everything except curtains, I think...but now....it's all trash...so disappointing...

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to annscraps

• annscraps Said:
  • JustLori Said:
Oh, but I seem to thrive...it IS kind of sick, though, isn't it??? LOL

KIND of sick???????????? KIND of?????????????

It's my story, I'll tell it how I want to!!! LOL

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to annscraps

Well no one needs to start worrying about Tishie -- I just called and woke her up --- I really was getting worried since she fell asleep on her ipad last night --- so all is well in Maine and Bat Woman is in bed at 7:00 AM her time!!!! Ohhhh Tishie!!!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to JustLori

• JustLori Said:
There is no longer an "old" part of town, ie, where the older families reside, families with the GOOD stuff, lol, as a lot of those properties have turned into rentals over the years...so young 'uns with young 'uns are pretty much everywhere....EVERYWHERE! Even in the historical district, where they have an annual community yard sale...used to be able to get the coolest and the best stuff....I once furnished a 2-bedroom house by going to that one weekend...mismatched, but nice furniture, interesting pieces, everything except curtains, I think...but now....it's all trash...so disappointing...

What WE'Ve been noticing is no more AUCTIONS and good old ebay started that -- the kids were still auctioneers at that time and over the years they had the auction we watched stuff dwindle -- people would keep the "good" stuff to sell themselves on ebay and the kids would end up with the trash to auction off -- that's why they quit. I've looked all the way out to the area around the lake for a good auction this weekend and there are NONE --- next weekend there are a couple but by the time dealers finally FIND a good auction things go too high to bother -- but we will bother :+)

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to annscraps

• annscraps Said:
OH and go on line to whatever city they live in, to their newspaper -- if a house burns down it usually makes the paper!!

It's really not my family but my sil David's who is Karens husband. This has all been going on for a few years, although his Mom just passed away last year, the brother put her in a nursing home a couple of years previously.....then moved into her "paid for" home of 55 years, sold all of the antique family furniture a bit at a time, took out a mortgage and then proceeded to lose the home too. He is a piece of scum as are his wife and kids.......at this point. It is a very sad story, that both of us have heard over and over.........David has tried to talk to Joe to get him to take all that was left, which Joe always said was everything.......to Unlce Vinces to his barn, which is dry and clean, but he never actually got around to it. David finally went to Joes house to demand entrance to the attic storage to see for him self what was there, was denied and give three shoe boxes of photos, as a peace offering I guess.....but most of the photos in two of the boxes were of Joes kids.......and Toni's Mom etc........Then the fire during the night Tuesday night apparently. I am sure David and Uncle Vince are on top of this now...but I will suggest that they contact the authorities. I have not heard all the details, but apparently there is much more that Karen did not have time to tell me. I am just sick.....and then to come home to that house mess......She is beside herself ......and I am furious!!!! I guess I should have gone over and checked on these kids, but seriously, at 28, 24, 23 and 21, I did not think it was necessary. I did talk to Ally on the phone several times, who of course told me everything was "fine"!!!! And even Matt, who I saw three times during this week..........lied and told me he was watering the gardens and taking care of the dog.....None of it true according to Karen! I am furious with all of them........and plan to tell each one of them what I think!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • annscraps Said:
OH and go on line to whatever city they live in, to their newspaper -- if a house burns down it usually makes the paper!!

It's really not my family but my sil David's who is Karens husband. This has all been going on for a few years, although his Mom just passed away last year, the brother put her in a nursing home a couple of years previously.....then moved into her "paid for" home of 55 years, sold all of the antique family furniture a bit at a time, took out a mortgage and then proceeded to lose the home too. He is a piece of scum as are his wife and kids.......at this point. It is a very sad story, that both of us have heard over and over.........David has tried to talk to Joe to get him to take all that was left, which Joe always said was everything.......to Unlce Vinces to his barn, which is dry and clean, but he never actually got around to it. David finally went to Joes house to demand entrance to the attic storage to see for him self what was there, was denied and give three shoe boxes of photos, as a peace offering I guess.....but most of the photos in two of the boxes were of Joes kids.......and Toni's Mom etc........Then the fire during the night Tuesday night apparently. I am sure David and Uncle Vince are on top of this now...but I will suggest that they contact the authorities. I have not heard all the details, but apparently there is much more that Karen did not have time to tell me. I am just sick.....and then to come home to that house mess......She is beside herself ......and I am furious!!!! I guess I should have gone over and checked on these kids, but seriously, at 28, 24, 23 and 21, I did not think it was necessary. I did talk to Ally on the phone several times, who of course told me everything was "fine"!!!! And even Matt, who I saw three times during this week..........lied and told me he was watering the gardens and taking care of the dog.....None of it true according to Karen! I am furious with all of them........and plan to tell each one of them what I think!

I would be furious too Bets --- they ARE adults! Maybe in their little minds everything WAS fine -- they were eating and sleeping and all their needs were met

We are watching our dd have a meltdown. They are building a new home --- which I could do volumes on that --- BUT -- the kids are both into everything -- Cody IS an athlete big time --- right now it's track. She is planning his 8th grade graduation party --- which involves about 50 kids --- she is also President of her company's United Way campaign this year which is truly like a second job -- and that just started. On top of this -- she's one of six from the home office chosen to go to Texas to do training and management -- the girl has fought her way to the top that's for sure -- anyhow -- every 6th week she is gone for a week -- PLUS she has HER side of the transcription to do -- they are selling their house -- and probably will have to move to an apartment till their house is done --- she will be a wreck before this is all over.

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to annscraps

Wow...hey, do you think Sis could knit me a sweater in her free time??? SHEESH, she needs a VACATION!!!! And magical house-building elves....

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-03-12 03:41 AM
In response to JustLori

Good morning! I keep pinching myself to see if I am really awake, and Annie has been in here yakking since 5:30 am! Annie called and woke me up at 7:00 am! Is this a dream?

Seriously I was tired and went to bed early and tossed and turned and tossed and turned most of the night. I finally got up around 2:30 am and took some tylenol and fell asleep.

Betsey, I used to be kind of like you, I would go to bed, fall asleep and then be wide awake three hours later and toss and turn until it was a decent hour to actually get up. I hate this sleep thing, it is really starting to get to me!

Anyway, thanks to Annie, I am up! Tim even had the coffee made this morning! My world is upside down, and Betsey had me convinced it was Friday!!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-03-12 03:44 AM
In response to Tishd

Lori it sounds like you had a nice surprise from your secret sister! I love getting mail when I am not expecting it!

Oh, Lori, would you like some donuts this morning??

In case the others don't know why I am making a joke about donuts with Lori. I had a friend drop me off some fresh Amish glazed donuts yesterday in the morning on her way through to work. I put that on face book, and Lori saw it and commented!
It was funny, well I thought you were funny Lori!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

Good morning Tish.........checked out Etsy and saw your new item....price looks fine to me btw!!!! Anyhow.....yes....this sleep thing is a mystery. All week I have been really sleeping great and did not want to jinx it by talking about it...however, after talking with Karen last night.....apparently my sub-conscious mind was working overtime, which woke me up and kept me awake......I was up at 3 and reallllllly wanted a cigarette....now that tells me I was really quite agitated!!!!! I guess this wanting a cigarette will NEVER go away! I am truly ready to be free of that addiction, but I guess it just keeps popping up.....my friend John, Sarah's husband, says it just to make sure I am paying attention!!!!! Fortunately I have NO cigarettes in this house and am not about to get dressed and go out to buy them at 3 in the morning......

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-03-12 03:52 AM
In response to Tishd

Betsey, I can see why you are upset with Rachel, Ally, Jeremy and Matt for not keeping up with things while Karen and David were gone. I wonder if they realized their parents would be home that early? Maybe they planned on running around and getting things done before the parents arrived home!

No excuse at their age not to have things done. There were enough of them there to keep the dishes caught up and grass mowed. I didn't realize Jeremy and Ally were living there too. You probably said, and I forgot! (senior moment)

She better read them the riot act!!!

One thing I can always plan on when we go away is that the house will be all neat when we get home. Tim always has dishes done and everything picked up. He is 42 (maybe that is the difference)

Oh, a funny story, when I came home from my trip with the girls Sunday afternoon, I walked in and the house smelled like chocolate to me, and their was a Yankee candle burning on the bar. Very unusual. I thought maybe Allen and Tim had baked a cake! (highly unusual) Well apparently, Tim decided to make some beer (he had a kit), and to make a long story short, it boiled over on the stove and smelled the house up. They thought it smelled like molasses. Actually it smelled like chocolate to me!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

And yes Tish...it is scary when I am up early and Annie is the only other one on here! It always makes me think my clock must have stopped in the middle of the night....and I am late, late, late!!!!!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-03-12 03:55 AM
In response to Tishd

Ok Annie....I am still dopey, (no comment) haven't had coffee and need to get some before I have withdrawal!!!!!!

I have to go see if you are all beating me in Words...

Whistle blowing Char, Cheryl, Betsey, Annie and Cathe!

And good morning to everyone else!!!!!!!!

Di thanks for telling Char what the half dolls were. I forgot to mention it to her!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Well Tish....they talked to their Mom and Dad at least once a day, and assured her that everything was fine.........as they did me!!!!! And there is NO excuse for them...none at all! They knew they were on the way home....talked to them several times on the road, and I for the life of me, cannot understand their actions. It shows a total lack of respect as far as I am concerned....when kids those ages, no matter what their predicament are living back at home, they have responsibilities........they are no longer teens and Mom and Dad do NOT have to let them be there....Karen is ready to throw them all out on their collective azzzzes and I don't blame her. The problem as I see it is, that then they would all go to Amanda's and she is very sick right now and does not need all this hassle......she has two neck vertebrae that appear to be damaged and does not know how she did that, it just started one morning and has gotten worse each day. She may have to have surgery......so I am also worried about her.....she has one more semester before she graduates from USF and I am just so saddddddd for her along with being worried about her condition. She was in an auto accident about 10 years ago, hit from behind full speed, so Karen thinks it is something from that! What a mess.....I feel so sorry for Karen and Dave....the kids are giving them fits when they should be a source of support and help! I am just really angry and disaappointed in all!!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Well...now that I have ranted and raved....I am off to work, where I will say nothing about all of this. Most of them know Karen from Softball and some of the kids, so I will not get into all of that with them.........so thanks for listening!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-03-12 05:04 AM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
Well Tish....they talked to their Mom and Dad at least once a day, and assured her that everything was fine.........as they did me!!!!! And there is NO excuse for them...none at all! They knew they were on the way home....talked to them several times on the road, and I for the life of me, cannot understand their actions. It shows a total lack of respect as far as I am concerned....when kids those ages, no matter what their predicament are living back at home, they have responsibilities........they are no longer teens and Mom and Dad do NOT have to let them be there....Karen is ready to throw them all out on their collective azzzzes and I don't blame her. The problem as I see it is, that then they would all go to Amanda's and she is very sick right now and does not need all this hassle......she has two neck vertebrae that appear to be damaged and does not know how she did that, it just started one morning and has gotten worse each day. She may have to have surgery......so I am also worried about her.....she has one more semester before she graduates from USF and I am just so saddddddd for her along with being worried about her condition. She was in an auto accident about 10 years ago, hit from behind full speed, so Karen thinks it is something from that! What a mess.....I feel so sorry for Karen and Dave....the kids are giving them fits when they should be a source of support and help! I am just really angry and disaappointed in all!!!!!!

Betsey, I totally understand what you are saying, and I am glad that you have us to talk to. Seriously this is such a wonderful group of gals to vent and rant to.

There are days when I, as a mom, et discouraged myself, but it is mainly for Allen. He has worked hard all his life, and been a source of help to our children when they have needed a loan or a hand with building a home etc.

He doesn't feel 100% now, and his legs and knees hurt him most of the time. Some of it is due to weight I am sure. Not the point here though. He will grumble about things that need to be done here, such as repair etc. on the garage or house, and I will say, ask the boys. Well he is too proud....he will say to me, "I shouldn't have to ask!"

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

Oh my gosh Betsey....they burnt down the house??? ....probably. Surely the fire Marshall will find the cause.
As for the "kids" not cleaning up....shame on them!

I made myself get up at 8:00. I think Annie's "old self" came over to Illinois and jumped in my brain.

Why is it that we have such horrible sleep patterns? According to tv the entire female population of the US is like that.

Tish I feel so sorry for Alan with his knees and legs hurting him. Did he go to the Dr. and make sure he doesn't have a blood clot? I'm so NOT medical, but that came to mind.

Rum left to golf...he kept yacking to me as I tried to read the posts. lol I was ready for him to GO.

Di as you can see I have figured out how to change the avi. YHEA! I've done it twice now so what I do must work!! You can kind of see the highlights. I used this picture of my eyes shut just in case I deleted the better photo while trying to make it smaller.

Garage sales. my friend is having one today that starts at 4:00 thought that an odd time to start. She has about 600 books for sales. She said I could come over early.I hope it doesn't rain.

I think it rained last night, but didn't storm as predicted.

Have a good day everyone!

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to scrappin 2

good morning...AGAIN...I'm ready to throw this computer out the window or against the wall. I just lost my post this morning and now I have to go chase cows and don't have time to retype it right now! keeeeerrrap.

short version...I hate riding the 4-wheeler to help gather cows each morning because when I come back my knee and back remind me the rest of the day that I did it!

I talked to Cheryl last night on IM and she reminded me that we are all support for each other in here and I didn't have to worry about burdening anyone so......my dad called me last night. He has cancer..prostate. He wouldn't tell me what stage, just said he was starting treatment right away with pills and shots to be followed with radiation of 5 days a week for 5 weeks. It sounded like a lot to me. My dad is 78..so he is NOT very old! lol

gotta go....nice to see Annie in here chattering with Betsey and Lori so early this morning. Glad Tish is ok and mostly that people in this group care enough about one another to call and check on them when they aren't where we think they should be! Good morning, Cathe and Di and also Nancy, Ann, Teia and all others following! If I survive my cow chasing this morning..I'll be back!

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 05-03-12 07:03 AM
In response to bears99

Good morning!

Add me to the toss and turn group. I finally went to bed around midnight......I am so mad at my brothers 2 girls. I find out on facebook my brother is very ill. FACEBOOK! Then I have to message them and get no response so I text one of them and she tells me her dad called her yesterday...he NEVER calls....does not even have a cell phone. Lives in a tent for God's sake. Finds his way to a phone to tell her he has cirrossis of the liver and does not have much time left. I am frustrated and sad and livid with those girls.

So neither one thought to call any of his sisters?

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 05-03-12 07:03 AM
In response to charK

Have my sick kid home again today.

My bursitus hip is killing me too. Probably all that time on the cement yesterday.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-03-12 07:39 AM

• scrappin 2 Said:
Oh my gosh Betsey....they burnt down the house??? ....probably. Surely the fire Marshall will find the cause.
As for the "kids" not cleaning up....shame on them!

I made myself get up at 8:00. I think Annie's "old self" came over to Illinois and jumped in my brain.

Why is it that we have such horrible sleep patterns? According to tv the entire female population of the US is like that.

Tish I feel so sorry for Alan with his knees and legs hurting him. Did he go to the Dr. and make sure he doesn't have a blood clot? I'm so NOT medical, but that came to mind.

Rum left to golf...he kept yacking to me as I tried to read the posts. lol I was ready for him to GO.

Di as you can see I have figured out how to change the avi. YHEA! I've done it twice now so what I do must work!! You can kind of see the highlights. I used this picture of my eyes shut just in case I deleted the better photo while trying to make it smaller.

Garage sales. my friend is having one today that starts at 4:00 thought that an odd time to start. She has about 600 books for sales. She said I could come over early.I hope it doesn't rain.

I think it rained last night, but didn't storm as predicted.

Have a good day everyone!

Cathe, no it's not a blood clot...it is a combination of arthritis and weight I believe. Doctor said she would give him a shot of cortisone in the one that bothers him the most, but he hasn't had the shot yet. Men!

Cathe he is at Foxwoods with his friend that is legally blind since Tuesday, and will be home this afternoon.

Your hair looks nice. I have most of the red out of mine now!

I have to meet my friend Vi for lunch shortly so will be back to catch up with

Char and Josie when I return!

Edited by Tishd on 05-03-12 07:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Tishd

Morning ladies.... West Coast is wet and a bit dreary.

Went to a meeting and found that I can put the grandkids in a DHS approved daycare for when I need a break... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS.. there is one 4 houses down from me.

Been working on school work more than scrapping. I found a cinch bind it all but it makes round holes...and you can use chipboard on it. I like the square holes but may have to deal with the round ones.

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to tneal40

Cathe...I like your hair! Now I want to see the picture with your eyes OPEN. lol

Teia...glad you can get a break every noe and then...and that the daycare is so close to you! Yea!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:

Went to a meeting and found that I can put the grandkids in a DHS approved daycare for when I need a break... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS.. there is one 4 houses down from me.

Been working on school work more than scrapping. I found a cinch bind it all but it makes round holes...and you can use chipboard on it. I like the square holes but may have to deal with the round ones.

check out Zutter bind it all here on sb.com there is a video but I didn't watch it. It is on sale!!!
...and what is DHS? glad you can get a break, it must be hard taking care of such little one every day.

Edited by scrappin 2 on 05-03-12 08:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Good morning!

Add me to the toss and turn group. I finally went to bed around midnight......I am so mad at my brothers 2 girls. I find out on facebook my brother is very ill. FACEBOOK! Then I have to message them and get no response so I text one of them and she tells me her dad called her yesterday...he NEVER calls....does not even have a cell phone. Lives in a tent for God's sake. Finds his way to a phone to tell her he has cirrossis of the liver and does not have much time left. I am frustrated and sad and livid with those girls.

oh my gosh Char. So sorry to hear this news about your brother. This is the brother you are always so concerned about? You only have the one brother right? Prayers for him for sure.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to bears99

mms.......work to do.

but

Josie; saw your post about your dad....so sorry, so so sorry. I hate C

bbl

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-03-12 09:21 AM
In response to annscraps

• annscraps Said:
Well no one needs to start worrying about Tishie -- I just called and woke her up --- I really was getting worried since she fell asleep on her ipad last night --- so all is well in Maine and Bat Woman is in bed at 7:00 AM her time!!!! Ohhhh Tishie!!!

Annie, I really didn't fall asleep on my IPAD last night, I feel asleep knitting! Now how one can fall asleep knitting is beyond me! Anyway, I am wondering if I sat up in the living room all night I might sleep? It seems to be when I actually get in my jammies and into bed that I can't sleep!

Is it still raining? I am back from lunch with Vi and about to take a nap! That's the problem...I nap during the day!!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-03-12 09:22 AM
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:

Wonderful that you can get a break! We all need a break every now and then!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-03-12 09:23 AM
In response to bears99

• bears99 Said:
Cathe...I like your hair! Now I want to see the picture with your eyes OPEN. lol

Teia...glad you can get a break every noe and then...and that the daycare is so close to you! Yea!!

Josie, I am glad you checked in. I worry about you when we don't hear from you! I am sorry to hear about your dad. Prayers for him.

We need photo's of you chasing cows!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-03-12 09:25 AM
In response to charK

• charK Said:

My bursitus hip is killing me too. Probably all that time on the cement yesterday.

Char, I would be absolutely furious with your neices for not calling to tell you that your only brother has been sick! I am so sorry to hear this. Keep us posted when you find out how he is doing.

Sorry your hip is bothering you. Maybe we all need to go to a sleep clinic! (those of us who have problems sleeping!)

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-03-12 09:26 AM
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
mms.......work to do.

but

bbl

Hi Di!!!!!

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to Tishd

Char and Josie, thinking of you both....

tneal40
Diva
tneal40

• scrappin 2 Said:
  • tneal40 Said:

check out Zutter bind it all here on sb.com there is a video but I didn't watch it. It is on sale!!!
...and what is DHS? glad you can get a break, it must be hard taking care of such little one every day.

DHS = Department of Human Services. They are the ones that took the kids from my daughter. Kindo of like child protection services just one notch lower. Will check out the Zutter.... ty

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:

What is DHS?????? Why do they have to approve of a daycare for kids you have custody of????? I am not quite understanding this situation....aren't they your grandchildren?????? Very confusing!!!! Where in the world do you live???? I have a friend who has custody of four of her dd's kids, and is raising them........but I don't know of such regulations of having to use an "approved" daycare.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

I guess I should have kept reading.....Cathe beat me to it asking what that was. Dept of Human services of what? The State???? Who took the kids from her.......????? The state??? You???? I am just curious!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • charK Said:

Char, I would be absolutely furious with your neices for not calling to tell you that your only brother has been sick! I am so sorry to hear this. Keep us posted when you find out how he is doing.

Sorry your hip is bothering you. Maybe we all need to go to a sleep clinic! (those of us who have problems sleeping!)

To Char.......I am also sorry that they did not think to inform you.....after all the time you have spent helping him over the years......what in the HELL is the matter with kids these days.......are they all without the least bit of common sense???? common courtesy?????? I hear this stuff all the time, and now this....and the way Karens kids are behaving just astounds me really! I am sooo sorry!!!!! I guess we should not be surprised about his diagnosis.....he has had a drinking issue for a long time....isn't that right!????? I really am sooo sorry! I truly hope that you can educate your grandgirls about alcoholism and its genetic propensity. When is runs in families, it is truly dangerous for them to ever drink. I would think with all the education today, and the openness about addiction, that kids would get it! But they sure don't seem to! I am just sooo very sorry for this sad news......you and your family are in my prayers, Char. So very sad!!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-03-12 12:09 PM
In response to memex9

Betsey! You missed your chance! The painting you wanted,
The Scream, sold for $119 million Wednesday night at Sotherby's auction in NYC.

Can you imagine spending that much for a painting???

Or was it Annie or Di that wanted that painting??????

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Good morning!

Good reason to be furious... sorry Char. Is he local so you can visit him?

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • tneal40 Said:

What is DHS?????? Why do they have to approve of a daycare for kids you have custody of????? I am not quite understanding this situation....aren't they your grandchildren?????? Very confusing!!!! Where in the world do you live???? I have a friend who has custody of four of her dd's kids, and is raising them........but I don't know of such regulations of having to use an "approved" daycare.

DHS is state agency here in WA.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

I'm still inventorying items for the mall... will do it for about two more hours then must start to get ready for my long crop Friday night, all day Saturday. I've decided to work on my "book of me"...

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
mms.......work to do.

but

bbl

I missed something about Josie's dad??? I went back a few pages and didn't find anything, was it on fb?

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Secret Sister a big thanks and hug I love the Petaloo flowers that you can spritz, chalk, paint or leave white. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. It was such a nice surprise!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Di are you going to participate in the National Scrapbook day on here on Sat.? or are you going to a crop? Did you win something last year? Maybe it was Sue that did.

Anyone else going to check in and join the fun? I think I can do two of the things in the morning. I saw Teia plans to enter...saw her post where you check in for info on the day.

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to bears99

• bears99 Said:
good morning...AGAIN...I'm ready to throw this computer out the window or against the wall. I just lost my post this morning and now I have to go chase cows and don't have time to retype it right now! keeeeerrrap.

short version...I hate riding the 4-wheeler to help gather cows each morning because when I come back my knee and back remind me the rest of the day that I did it!

I talked to Cheryl last night on IM and she reminded me that we are all support for each other in here and I didn't have to worry about burdening anyone so......my dad called me last night. He has cancer..prostate. He wouldn't tell me what stage, just said he was starting treatment right away with pills and shots to be followed with radiation of 5 days a week for 5 weeks. It sounded like a lot to me. My dad is 78..so he is NOT very old! lol

gotta go....nice to see Annie in here chattering with Betsey and Lori so early this morning. Glad Tish is ok and mostly that people in this group care enough about one another to call and check on them when they aren't where we think they should be! Good morning, Cathe and Di and also Nancy, Ann, Teia and all others following! If I survive my cow chasing this morning..I'll be back!

Cathe...reporting..just for you! lol

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 05-03-12 02:38 PM
In response to bears99

JO how was the cow chasing?? The image I have in my mind is just hilarious. I'd be on that quad yelling Yee-ha and flying around. Amused me.

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 05-03-12 02:39 PM
In response to charK

JO how did dd do with Greyden gone with you for a few days??

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 05-03-12 02:40 PM
In response to charK

dgd went to play practice. She will go to school tomorrow!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:

Not only can I not imagine spending it on a painting.......but I can't imagine having the kind of money that would allow one to spend that much on a painting......ROFL....I wonder if those people who bought that, would like to buy a house in Florida........?????? I would be more than happy to sell them mine!!!!! Sigh! I think if it wasn't for Davids job, with the county, we would be packing to move somewhere......Karen is as sick of it here as I am, and David is fast becoming that way.....LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Jo.....I am also very sorry to hear about your Dad. I swear my mind does not function anymore...I forget what I want to say from one post to another.....Anyway........I am truly sorry to hear that news also......I am, however, happy that you have a better relationship with him than you ever have.....and I hope that will give you some peace of mind! I will also keep you and your family in my prayers......!

Cathe ....Saturday is National Scrapbook Day....already????? It seems like we just had it and that means a year just flew by......time needs to slow down.......I swear the four years of High School seemed like 10 and the last 10 seem like one.......Getting old really [email protected]!!!!! It's all wrong......time should slow down ......not speed up. One should be able to sleep now.......back when I had babies and could have slept I was up and down all night for years.....remember those days???? Or I guess I should say nights.....!!!!! I would have given almost anything to have been able to sleep through a whole night and just wake up when I was ready......all those years then, of that horrid, nasty alarm going off every morning when I could have slept....NOW, I don't even have to set an alarm......I never sleep past 6.....although I did sleep late the other morning....all the way until 7!!!!!!! ROFL Sometimes life just does not seem fair......LOL

And Cathe....I think it was Sue that won a couple of things last year. Someone else won something too....but just now I cant remember who it was!

Cathe....change your photo.......this one is scary...........your eyes are closed.......its a startling sight. LOL You are so cute.....we need to see your eyes and that smile! LOL

Edited by memex9 on 05-03-12 03:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

• scrappin 2 Said:
Di are you going to participate in the National Scrapbook day on here on Sat.? or are you going to a crop? Did you win something last year? Maybe it was Sue that did.

Anyone else going to check in and join the fun? I think I can do two of the things in the morning. I saw Teia plans to enter...saw her post where you check in for info on the day.

I am going to my lss in Kent. Starts Friday at 6 p.m. until 10.. then back Saturday at 9 a.m. until midnight if can last. I went two years ago and won the grandprize basket full of Avon products...I gave it away as can't use the stuff. I hope they have 'scrapping' prizes this year.

I'm going to work on my BOM.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to bears99

• bears99] so......my dad called me last night. He has cancer..prostate. He wouldn't tell me what stage, just said he was starting treatment right away with pills and shots to be followed with radiation of 5 days a week for 5 weeks. It sounded like a lot to me. My dad is 78..so he is NOT very old! lol /quote Said:

Cathe; this is what she posted that I commented on...

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • tneal40 Said:

I have phyical custody of them... they have legal custody of them. I cant have just anyone watch them.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to tneal40

I bought the pink Zutter bind it all. This should be fun. Now I can make the books I have sitting around my craft room in drawers waiting. They are all done up just not binded.. I have one for each of my kids of their baby pictures, they are small ones. Going to send them for Christmas this year I think. They will get a hoot at them and their kids will laugh I am sure.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to tneal40

Josie so sorry to hear about your dad. I hope they caught it early. Hope you aren't too sore from rounding up the cattle.

Teia I saw the cutest idea binding a chipboard book together. The person took all the cards she receives and either punched them along the spine or adhered them to a piece of cardstock and then punched. It was such a neat idea. I'm not explaining it well. Hope you have fun with it.

The birds are chirping away even tho it is almost dark. It was quite warm today and humid.

Di the crop sounds like fun. Yes, I hope you win a prize you can use.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:
I bought the pink Zutter bind it all. This should be fun. Now I can make the books I have sitting around my craft room in drawers waiting. They are all done up just not binded.. I have one for each of my kids of their baby pictures, they are small ones. Going to send them for Christmas this year I think. They will get a hoot at them and their kids will laugh I am sure.

Share them with us when bound...they sound wonderful and are wonderful gifts. good for you.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Sunnydi

Changed my avi just for Betsey! LOL It is rather close up so I might change it.

This one looks like me. I've always disliked the space between my teeth. The tooth next to the big tooth on one side never came in. I don't have wisdom teeth either.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good evening ladies!!

Cathe - love your new avi.

Tish - glad Annie made sure you were ok.

Josie - We talked last night and you know that you and your family are in my prayers.

Annie - I am afraid you are going to give everyone a heart attack if you keep coming in so early!! I did think the story of Ron looking for Beacon was funny.

Char - So sorry about your brother!!

Teia - Glad you will get a break when you need it.

Di - Have fun at your crop! I think that sounds like so much fun.

Hi to everyone else I didn't mention previously!! I am off until Monday and looking forward to much scrappiness.

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to Sunnydi

OK while I still have the babble from my first page in mind ---- I should say the page I just read --- LOL -- you all are toooo much ---- NOW -- for the record -- I NEVER did crash today either. I was up and scared the devil outta all of you --- and me too LOL --- THEN I went to the doctor, came home and Ron and I garage saled for four hours --- THEN I started taking pictures -- think I added about 12 new items -- had two huge sales today --- WHAT a day! AND it's after 10 and I'm up again at 7:30 tomorrow (that means I get to SLEEP IN LOL) -- told Ron do NOT touch my feet -- until 7:30. He and I are going garage saling again tomorrow.

AND Tishie DID recover from her shock --- I hope all of your worlds went back to normal at some point during the day :+) DARN I hate it that I scared you all --- right, sure LOL

Josie -- that's too bad about your dad BUT ---- they just released a study like two days ago in which they said Warren Buffet (he was diagnosed with prostate cancer last week) should not EVEN be undergoing surgery or radiation or anything -- and that even men in their 50s are no longer going to immediately be doing anything because it is the slowest growing cancer, and only 3% (yes THREE) of the men who get it die from it -- if they DO have treatment or if they do NOT. (I could have told them that -- I was Tumor Registrar for enough years to know the percentages). Anyhow -- men now diagnosed with prostate cancer will have the option of to treat or not to but the doctors will be giving them the right stats --- but the standard for treatment will now be to carefuly watch the PSAs and treat only if they start rising. SOOO I know it's easier to say than to do -- but do not worry --- he's got a long, long, long life ahead.

KINS -- Trish started a sweater for you today after her meeting and work, while she had Taylor at the dentist's getting her wisdom teeth pulled. She was trying to work on it while she cooked supper (before she started typing) but said that she couldn't quite get the hang of one handed knitting -- YET -- but I'm SURE she'll master it. LOL LOL LOL

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to Sunnydi

Oh Char, that rots ---

Di have fun scrapping --

Hi to everyone --

And I made out like a bandit today --- I bought eight sets of days of the week tea towels, hand embroidered, never used; plus much much much more. I've got six of the sets in the shop, more tags, and I think I'm getting tired cause I know I put more in but can't remember what -- hope I labeled it right

AND GUESS WHAT -- I THINK my day is catching up with me -- and it's 10:30 and I THINK I'm going to go to bed. I don't THINK I'm even going to make it into Words tonight --- I have this wonderful book laying here in front of me -- got THREE books from 1902, 1907 and 1911 for $1.00 --- and one is FULL of pictures -- I've fixed one and put it in the shop --- so wonderful pictures that I make prints out of -- and TONS of sketches I can use to make brushes for those tags. Got about 40 really nice door pulls, lots of jewelry that is unique, linens -- I'm getting punchy. Good night everyone ---- ummm didn't I just say up above that I was still going strong -- ??? -- then I had to think -- that made me fold. Hugs everyone!!!

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to annscraps

Hi Annie...glad you had such a great day of buying..sounds exciting! I can see why it took you 4 hours! If you don't mind me asking...how much did you have to give for the tea towels? Kari embroiders sets for gifts.

about Dad..his numbers were going up and have been for the last several checks so guess he is one to be treated. Thanks for the info...I appreciate it as I didn't know those stats.

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to bears99

this photo is looking west in the valley we live in..

looking west By Bears99

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to bears99

another photo from while I was out gathering cattle..

Pocket of calves By Bears99

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to bears99

last one I will bore you with...I took my camera the other morning while I was gathering cattle..this is why I had to bring them in!

Feedbunks full By Bears99

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to bears99

Morning! Josie, my uncle Bud, that we're fussing over because he's not getting proper care at home, was diagnosed SEVERAL years ago with prostate cancer....he IS slowly going down...BUT he's 85 years old, AND he's had, I think, 3 strokes since then...I do believe it's his whole body wearing out, at this point, and the lack of good care...and he's not suffering...His big complaint is that he tires easily.

Also, Uncle Buck, who we lost 2 years ago, had prostate cancer, as well. He was with us for about 12 years after his diagnosis...he, too, suffered a couple of strokes after that, and he, too, was in his mid-80's when he passed away. To be honest, I believe he would still be with us, if A), his daughter hadn't mortgaged her house to the hilt and then walked away from it (he and my dad built that house...there wasn't a dime owed on it when he hammered the last nail, and he GAVE it to her), and B), they hadn't put him in a nursing home because he was to the point he needed some extra care (from yet another stroke)...he gave up, at that point.

Annie...tell Sis to not worry herself with my sweater...as long as she's got it done and in the mail to me by Monday! Now...can I go yard saleing with you and Dad? Sounds like you've got all the cool stuff! Especially the door pulls and jewelry!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:
  • memex9 Said:
  • tneal40 Said:

I have phyical custody of them... they have legal custody of them. I cant have just anyone watch them.

So the State of Washington has legal custody of your four grandchildren, but you have physical custody and they live with you right???? But they have to check on you periodically and also have a say in everything that involves the kids???? WOW........I guess every state must have such a thing,I just was not aware that they actually had that much control over how you raise your own granchildren. Amazing!!!! So basically you are like any foster care parent......is that right????? Same rules, same inspections etc. Is this right?

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:
  • memex9 Said:
  • tneal40 Said:

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

There is something really wrong with sb.com.....this is the second time in two days that this has happened. It is very slow, and it is them, as everything else is working fine on my pc. I cannot even comment in the galleries because I have to go away, and clean the bathroom, or vac the living room before the comment goes through. Driving me crazy!!!!

Good morning ladies.....coffee is ready.... !!!! Jo...Love the photos of the ranch.....

Char.....I am giggling over your comment about Jo chasing cows........I thought the very same thing and found myself laughing all through the rest of the evening thinking of her "chasing cows"!!!! I guess we are twisted in our humor!!!!! LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Where is Tish, Lori and our "other" early bird this morning/??????

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Jo....I love your photos of the ranch......they are beautiful and so interesting. When you found the pocket of calves did you have to round them up also????? How old were they, they look older...in the photo. When do they leave the Mothers??????

I may have told you this, but my Mothers family, through my grandparents raised Scottish Short horn cattle in Illinois for over a hundered years. There is a name for them, but it escapes me for the moment! My Grandfather then became a cattle auctioneer in his later years and traveled to cattle auctions all over the mid-west!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to bears99

• bears99 Said:
Hi Annie...glad you had such a great day of buying..sounds exciting! I can see why it took you 4 hours! If you don't mind me asking...how much did you have to give for the tea towels? Kari embroiders sets for gifts.

about Dad..his numbers were going up and have been for the last several checks so guess he is one to be treated. Thanks for the info...I appreciate it as I didn't know those stats.

Jo.....she probably isn't going to tell you how much she paid for the tea towels since she has them for sale in her shop.....

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-04-12 03:37 AM
In response to bears99

Josie, i Love the pictures you posted! Reminds me of scenes from a western movie! Not abit boring!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-04-12 03:41 AM
In response to memex9

Here I am Betsey! I slept a bit better last night! Mind you i tossed a bit, but still I slept!

Did you make coffee!!!!!!!!!???????

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-04-12 03:44 AM
In response to memex9

Betsey, speaking of photos, reminds me of tha t silly painting that someone paid millions for! Seriously, I dont understand why that particular painting is so wonderful, but again, I am not an artist!

The Scream..........are you familiar with it?

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

Good morning lovelies!!

We are having a dinner at church this evening so I am making a Mississippi Mud Cake today and some other dish that I have not decided on yet.

Cathe - I know I told you on IM yesterday but THANK YOU so much for the nurse's day card and the beautiful cutout titles you sent. I will be using them on layouts for sure!!

Gotta run take my daughter to school. I'll be back shortly!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-04-12 04:12 AM
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, that Cathe is so thoughtful! She reminded me of nurses day, and I had every intention of sending you a card, and didn't get to a card store!

I appreciate what you do! I had the most wonderful RN's when going through chemo!

My sister in law makes the best Mississippi mud cake! Her specialty!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Betsey, speaking of photos, reminds me of tha t silly painting that someone paid millions for! Seriously, I dont understand why that particular painting is so wonderful, but again, I am not an artist!

The Scream..........are you familiar with it?

Well......I sort of know about it, but interestingly enough, it was one of the questions on Jeopardy last night. I could understand a Monet selling for that amount, but not that one! LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Cheryl, that Cathe is so thoughtful! She reminded me of nurses day, and I had every intention of sending you a card, and didn't get to a card store!

I appreciate what you do! I had the most wonderful RN's when going through chemo!

My sister in law makes the best Mississippi mud cake! Her specialty!

Do either of you have a Mississippi Mud cake recipe that uses Brownie mix for the base????? My ex-mil, now deceased, used to make that and I Loved it as did all of my Florida kids.......but I have not been able to re-create it from all the recipes I have tried......would love to see how others make it.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Cheryl.....Happy Nurses day........to you and all the wonderful nurses out there!!!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Betsey - My recipe does not use brownie mix. The recipe I use is my ex-mils and it is from scratch.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Betsey - this is just for you!!

Edited by cdjohnson on 05-04-12 04:30 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to cdjohnson

Ahem...Betsey...I was the first one in this morning...sheesh, lol

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to JustLori

• JustLori Said:

Morning all --- we're off to garage sales ---

The Scream -- I was very familiar with it but I think I'm the art buff in here -- I've always thought that was one of the most horrid pieces of art he ever did Obviously, as an art buff, I'm missing something :+)

Just got done editing my towels -- taking some of my enthusiasm out from last night They are certainly getting looked at!!!

KINS -- your sister said she'll try her darndest -- sinc she and your baby brother don't speak to each other I think she's trying to outdo him

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-04-12 05:44 AM
In response to memex9

Betsey, I don't have a recipe using the brownie mix, but maybe I will google it today and see if I can find one for myself!

My sil makes is from scratch!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-04-12 05:46 AM
In response to annscraps

• annscraps Said:
  • JustLori Said:

Morning all --- we're off to garage sales ---

The Scream -- I was very familiar with it but I think I'm the art buff in here -- I've always thought that was one of the most horrid pieces of art he ever did Obviously, as an art buff, I'm missing something :+)

Just got done editing my towels -- taking some of my enthusiasm out from last night They are certainly getting looked at!!!

KINS -- your sister said she'll try her darndest -- sinc she and your baby brother don't speak to each other I think she's trying to outdo him

Have fun Annie! Buy lots and lots! Allen wants to know how you put the water mark on your things. If we can figure it out, he has oodles of cards, photo's to list (I think!) Do people look for them on Etsy. They sure are vintage! LOL

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
Jo....I love your photos of the ranch......they are beautiful and so interesting. When you found the pocket of calves did you have to round them up also????? How old were they, they look older...in the photo. When do they leave the Mothers??????

I may have told you this, but my Mothers family, through my grandparents raised Scottish Short horn cattle in Illinois for over a hundered years. There is a name for them, but it escapes me for the moment! My Grandfather then became a cattle auctioneer in his later years and traveled to cattle auctions all over the mid-west!

Betsey, when I find the calves I just leave them as they are not eating grain yet. These calves are only about 6 weeks old. If I would have had one of the mamas in the picture you would have noticed they aren't as big as they look here! They will stay with their mamas until fall when we wean. They will drink milk until then, but they will also start eating grass this summer and when we wean them, we will teach them to eat grain for a supplement. The mothers of these calves are only 3 years old...what we call 2nd calf heifers...and they are getting some grain just to help them keep up with their milk production. After the cows come in for grain they will go right back and find the calves. It is funny sometimes when you find a group of calves, there will be just one or maybe two cows with them..like they are at a daycare or play group or something! lol When the calves are this size they generally stay where their mother leaves them and she will go back to that spot to look for them. I try not to stir the calves up too much for that reason.

I will go gather again this morning as I have all week. Roy follows me over with the tractor and grinder/mixer, which is what we run feed out of for them. He waits for me to bring the stragglers in...as most of them will come to the bunk when they hear the tractor start over here at the house. We are feeding two bunches across the valley from the house so when they hear the tractor start, they head for the bunks! Yesterday I only had to bring in a handful as most of them are coming in now...after only 5 days. My job is about over....and I will be glad as it makes my leg and back hurt like blazes to ride the 4 wheeler.

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • bears99 Said:

Jo.....she probably isn't going to tell you how much she paid for the tea towels since she has them for sale in her shop.....

Betsey, I thought of that and didn't figure she'd really tell me...especially in here, but it never hurts to ask, right? lol Maybe she will give in and PM me..hint, hint, Annie!!!!! lol lol

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • tneal40 Said:
  • memex9 Said:
  • tneal40 Said:

So the State of Washington has legal custody of your four grandchildren, but you have physical custody and they live with you right???? But they have to check on you periodically and also have a say in everything that involves the kids???? WOW........I guess every state must have such a thing,I just was not aware that they actually had that much control over how you raise your own granchildren. Amazing!!!! So basically you are like any foster care parent......is that right????? Same rules, same inspections etc. Is this right?

I live in Oregon. And yes even though I am the grandparent, I have to go by foster parent rules. No spanking for punishment. They do better by putting in corner anyway or taking the toys away. I accually got Annah to eat her veggies by showing her pudding is for dessert if she eats them... hehehehe works everytime with MY kids lol. I do have more leaway then other Foster parents because I am the grandparent. I have not had any home inspections (thank goodness) and no spot checks. There are just days when I refuse to clean lol.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to tneal40

Well a full day here... laundry, picking up frontroom, cleaning the grandkids room and washing it down. mopping floors and getting hubby out the door for drill this weekend.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to tneal40

good morning!!

Had one of those nights where I woke up at 3:00 and couldn't go back to sleep. GRRR! I thought of you guys and wondered who might be on here. But I didn't boot up. Thought the bright computer screen would wake me up more.

Hope Annie finds good things at the garage sales.

bbl--have a good day

bears99
Diva
bears99

Cathe...forgot to tell you...I like your new picture!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

• scrappin 2 Said:
Changed my avi just for Betsey! LOL It is rather close up so I might change it.

This one looks like me. I've always disliked the space between my teeth. The tooth next to the big tooth on one side never came in. I don't have wisdom teeth either.

Close but cute Cathe. I like your highlights.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • Tishd Said:

Not only can I not imagine spending it on a painting.......but I can't imagine having the kind of money that would allow one to spend that much on a painting......ROFL....I wonder if those people who bought that, would like to buy a house in Florida........?????? I would be more than happy to sell them mine!!!!! Sigh! I think if it wasn't for Davids job, with the county, we would be packing to move somewhere......Karen is as sick of it here as I am, and David is fast becoming that way.....LOL

It wasn't me that wanted that painting... my 'eye' says 'ugly, ugly, ugly'..... go figure. I'm with you Betsey; can't imagine having that much disposable money to even buy it. Maybe it was a group of 119 investors with a million each...

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to annscraps

• annscraps Said:
Oh Char, that rots ---

Di have fun scrapping --

Hi to everyone --

And I made out like a bandit today --- I bought eight sets of days of the week tea towels, hand embroidered, never used; plus much much much more. I've got six of the sets in the shop, more tags, and I think I'm getting tired cause I know I put more in but can't remember what -- hope I labeled it right

AND GUESS WHAT -- I THINK my day is catching up with me -- and it's 10:30 and I THINK I'm going to go to bed. I don't THINK I'm even going to make it into Words tonight --- I have this wonderful book laying here in front of me -- got THREE books from 1902, 1907 and 1911 for $1.00 --- and one is FULL of pictures -- I've fixed one and put it in the shop --- so wonderful pictures that I make prints out of -- and TONS of sketches I can use to make brushes for those tags. Got about 40 really nice door pulls, lots of jewelry that is unique, linens -- I'm getting punchy. Good night everyone ---- ummm didn't I just say up above that I was still going strong -- ??? -- then I had to think -- that made me fold. Hugs everyone!!!

Annie........just reading all you are doing is making me tired. Mercy lady. I saw those towels in your shop; darling.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Sunnydi

Dropping off one I did today for the Bo Bunny Friday Challenge:

Monkey Facts By Cdjohnson

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to cdjohnson

Josie: now I want to see a pic of you on the 4-wheeler. I love the pics and stories you share.

Cheryl; yes, Happy Nurses Week. I hope your employer gives you a treat sometime this week. I so appreciate nurses and have been treated well by so so many thru my lifetime. I'm with you Tish; the ones I had when doing my chemo were in a class by themselves.

My Dale is out garage sale shopping right now. After I close off here I'm off to my room to get my stuff ready for the crop. I need to make some page kits; like Betsey does.

Dori called last night from AZ "I miss you Gramma, where's Granpa?" So she talked to us on speaker and told us she went in the pool and saw animals. We learned they went to a small zoo there. I know Grams.....I have to cherish, and do, these simple times with her. I'll be picking them up later tonight.

bbl

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 05-04-12 09:25 AM
In response to Sunnydi

CHERYL share that recipe please!

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 05-04-12 09:26 AM
In response to charK

DIANA that is so cute Dori saying she misses you. Music to a grammies ears.

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 05-04-12 09:27 AM
In response to charK

DIGI grammies....lots of great sales right now.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics