Page 2 of 494 
Username Post: The ORIGINAL Rockin Scrappin Grans & Friends Thread        (Topic#1525163)
JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to memex9

My new daily mantra..."NO, Lori, guns are NOT allowed at work"!

Which, I must say, is a pity!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to JustLori

Oh I love it --- Betsey, Char, AND Lori are ready to go on the attack -- and Tishie --- well she's already breaking under the pressure. I think the mantra is good -- (a layout a day) but I DO think it should be "SOME layouts each day" --
Betsey I can't believe you are still fighting with those idiots --- well, now, WHY can't I believe it? Of COURSE I believe it! Did I think they'd take smart pills or hire people with brains and change??? BUT at least you had a good experience at Office Depot. I prefer to go there for copies over Kinkos ---

OH OH OH -- and I better tell everyone before Tish does --- I DID take a nap this afternoon -- a very long nap --- so there Tishie -- beat ya too it I think this "Being the Good Wife" life I've been living for the past two weeks has really taken it's toll. I'm not used to this!!!
AND our Beakie baby is acting out --- hasn't let us sleep for the last two nights ---- thus I needed a nap. NOW I have to have supper, and do my transcription and then you can bet I'll be back to do layouts four, five and six :+)

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to annscraps

Sandie -- that layout of you and your sister is absolutely fantastic. I asked earlier, and you probably ignored me (join the crowd, they all do) :+)What program are you using for digi?

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to annscraps

What, Ann, you don't like my mantra?

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to annscraps

Gotta go eat --- the man is back home --- will be back to harrass "Betsey and Lori and anyone else I missed in a bit

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to annscraps

And, by the way, Sandie...I haven't forgotten you. I know, I know, lol. However, I DO keep forgetting to stop and get the packaging I need to get the mail out to you!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-14-10 03:03 PM
In response to JustLori

• Lori...ProudArmyMom Said:

OK somehow I missed your Mantra Lori....!

what...is your daily mantra? I think I need one.... hmmmm, I shall ponder it...and announce it in the morning.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-14-10 03:05 PM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • Tishd Said:
  • charK Said:
My new daily mantra....."One layout a day keeps the doctor away".

and what happens with "three a day?"

Another from me and I am going to sit down and have a bowl of popcorn....I do believe I deserve it! lol.....

I Got The Music In my Soul By Tishd

I guess you get to eat chocolate and drink wine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOO-RAHH...Betsy said the magic words!!!!!!!!!

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea
In response to Tishd

Okay, one more from me for the evening.
1988 By Sandiesea
Annie, I am just using Scrapbook Flair for my digi los right now! It's a really easy program, great for a beginner!

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea
In response to sandiesea

Tish, you are quick!! Thanks for the love!!

Lori, no problem. With Christmas and snow storms, one wonders when anything else will get done!!!

Okay, gotta go fix some tacos!!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to JustLori

I LOVE your mantra too --- I just HOPE you LIVE by it

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to sandiesea

• sandiesea Said:
Okay, one more from me for the evening.
1988 By Sandiesea
Annie, I am just using Scrapbook Flair for my digi los right now! It's a really easy program, great for a beginner!

You are really doing some awesome things with it Sandie --- you've done a couple of techniques (don't ask me which ones, I can't remember) that made me figure you were using photoshop --- so Scrapbook Flair must be a pretty good program. LOVE this newest layout --- as usual.

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to annscraps

• Ann Marie Said:

Maybe I'll just teach one to the managers at work...

"Lori keeps three knives in front of her...and she sharpens them DAILY".

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-14-10 05:38 PM
In response to JustLori

Ok...my Mantra for the week is...

Sleep...sleep...oh blissful sleep, sleep, sleep.

Nite all.....

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to JustLori

• Ann Marie Said:

Maybe I'll just teach one to the managers at work...

"Lori keeps three knives in front of her...and she sharpens them DAILY".

SEEEE -- here we go again with the conceal and carry laws

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to annscraps

Got another Christmas layout done -- for their 2009 Christmas scrapbooks they'll get Christmas 2010 -- or am I repeating myself? Probably :+)

A Hug From Mom By Ann Marie

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to annscraps

What concealed carry? Who said I want to conceal and carry? With my size, it makes concealment of a shotgun rather difficult, dontcha think?

ANYWAY....

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-14-10 06:57 PM
In response to JustLori

Saw it off Lori and you can carry it in your pants leg!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to charK

That'd work Lori -- although --- she might shoot off her toes -----

Sentimental Julie By Ann Marie

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Saw it off Lori and you can carry it in your pants leg!

Oh that's RIGHT --- I was going to give you a hard time about PT --- and then St. Ron called me for supper. Now you go to PT with the proper attitude, you got that? Those professionals are healers. They will make you good as new --- oh my --- you, good as NEW?????

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to annscraps

OH and Char ----

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-14-10 07:16 PM
In response to annscraps

Fishy toes By CharK

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-14-10 07:18 PM
In response to charK

Annie are you trying to be the BOSS of ME???!

I hate PT and I will not go...so there! You can't make me. Anything else infantile I can add? I am now stomping away from the computer with a pouty lip.

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Annie are you trying to be the BOSS of ME???!

I hate PT and I will not go...so there! You can't make me. Anything else infantile I can add? I am now stomping away from the computer with a pouty lip.

BUT sweet Char --- stomping carries a MUCH greater impact if you aren't limping!!!! And ME, trying to boss YOU????? BOSS you?? Heavens no -- I'm only making suggestions -- very strong, meaningful suggestions

OH and you are a show off with your toes -- mine are about as bad as Tishie described her's earlier -- Ron calls them monkey toes --- and no they are NOT hairy -- they are just ugly. SOOOO -- be a show off and show your pretty feet -- now I shall stomp away from MY computer with a pouty look on my face ------- but ------ shhhh --- I can stomp without a limp!!!!!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to annscraps

And I got another one done --- not sure if I like it --- and maybe that's a sign I should stop for today. BUT --- I just opened one (of about 25) of our old albums --- those lovely magnetic ones --- I feel like I need to sit here and scan and save pictures without even taking a break ---- forever ----

Misty By Ann Marie

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Tishd

If anyone is still up over there I just want to say I found my way here after 2 days offline whilst down in Hobart.

However, as I was a couple of pages behind on the old thread I just posted on that in reply to some of your posts, so if you wouldn't mind checking in on the old thread for those that would save me repeating it so thanks for that.

I caught up on the old thread but have to go get dinner and won't be able to start the new one till a little later, probably still before you are up anyway.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to JustLori

Lori that's great that Jai will have the girls and that will be at your place right? that is really great news that she saw the sense in putting the girls first.

Betsey, what a bitter/sweet outcome, what can you do but be happy about the 2 month only stint and hope all goes well, will Matt be near you when he comes home, not sure whether you said where he is posted?

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to JustLori

Yeehaw! Ok, I just checked the download count on my new kit! I'm up to 205 downloads, which is double what I expected. But the kicker is, I got 10 comments on 4shared! THAT has NEVER happened!

Well done Lori, its a great kit so deserves all the accolades, bet the hits are far from finished yet also.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Good morning all you good people! Coffee is ready! Smells so good too!

Lori, do you have to join 4 Shared to leave comments? I tried to leave you a comment on your blog itself, but I don't think it took! Hooray on all your comments and downloads! That was a great kit by the way...

Betsey I can't imagine what our electric bill would be if we had electric heat in this old house! The oil is bad enough. I hope you warm up today! I hate being cold. When our kids were growing up, they slept upstairs (no heat up there). They love to tell stories of getting up in the am and seeing their breath!!!

Looks like Annie was on a roll last night cranking out the layouts. I am going at my usual snail pace.

Allen was gone last night and I tossed and turned all night. I woke up once to the sound of a bunch of coyotes howling. Now that is a very eerie sound in the middle of the night! Actually at first I thought it wolves.

Coffee is ready so I will grab a cup and veg for awhile.

Oh I am so glad to hear that CC heard from Jojo!!!!

Eeek!! coyotes! are they that close to you, think I'll take our big spiders any day. Main thing is you got through the night alone right? I'm always so glad when the morning arrives when I'm alone.

And talk about working at snail pace, I haven't been motivated to do a layout for so long, so much for setting goals, think I jinxed myself, got 3 started and just look at them...mmm...hopefully I'll get going tonight or tomorrow.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to memex9

How sad is the Haiti disaster, had to turn the news off, those poor people. It brought back memories of our trip to the Caribbean, Grenada specifically, they have been hit by so many cyclones they just can't afford to repair things anymore, we were taking pics of their homes and feeling so sad for them, but you know, they were such happy and humble people, they didn't want anymore than what they had. Guess when the cyclones hit it was major devastation like in Haiti only on a much smaller scale, but they just moved on.

As in all disasters you think that the aid relief would be able to get things organised a little more quickly, but guess you would have to be in a situation like this to see how horrific it all is and how impossible to get things organised with no power or communication, just saw where planes were coming in from around the world with supplies but couldn't land because of the chaos without an air control tower which is now lost. Feel so sad for them all.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Tishd

Betsey, pleased to hear it is warming up a bit, still shocked at the temps there, just hope we don't get a severe winter also, our summer has been amazing so far but only 1 1/2 months to go, don't you just hate the thought of summer ending? you will now also after the winter you've been through.

glad your friendly saleman helped you out with transferring your pics, everything is really coming together with your new computer now isn't it.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Char, I know how you feel about the Physio, it really is a pain having to travel so often for a little relief each time, this time with mine for my neck I have to do it all at home, she shows me the exercises and I just have to be diligent, better than going down to Hobart as often as I would have to if I didn't do as I was told, it would help you you know and maybe they can also give you exercises.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Tish I have bunions also and psoriasis under my nails, the nails always have to be painted so you can't see how awful thy look and the bunions stop you from wearing nice 'fashionable shoes, have to pay a lot more to get 'daggy' ones. Have to remember the bunions came in the first place from wearing all those ill fitting stilletos and high cork soled shoes in the 70's and 80's so self inflicted all in the name of fashion, if only the young would listen to you now, I shudder when I see them in those stilletos much higher than when we wore them.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Well as you all can no doubt see by my thread jacking, I did find you ok, and boy have you all been chatting up a storm, and creating pages at a rate of knots....boy, was it the new thread, or just that I've been away 2 days...think I'd better push the laptop higher up my list of priorities so I don't have to catch up again.

Well...I didn't go get dinner after catching up on the last thread like I said, sooooo now 2 hrs later I am really hanging out for something so I'm off, don't chat too much while I'm sleeping.

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to slywalker

Morning, ladies!

Lesley, glad to see you found us!

Chark, I thought about sawing off the shotgun...but do you have any idea how cold a weapon like that can get, stuffed in your pant leg? NO THANKS! lol

Well, Miss Maddie's computer is all set up and ready to go! She'll be so thrilled when she gets here tonight! Unfortunately, I don't know when I'll get my dining room table back, lol! We'll have to come up with another computer desk and chair for Lil Miss. Also, I'm going to scour craigslist to see if I can find a flat panel monitor, so we don't have to deal with the huge boxy one she's got now...that thing is big as my car, lol!

Interested to see what work is going to be like today. Everyone was uber nice to me yesterday after the chit hit the fan. I do know that it'll be Brittany (stand-in) as manager again this morning, and that Paul was closing manager last night. Britt will go out of her way to TRY to make things right. And Paul knows I'm "on the edge", and neither of them wants to see me leave, so we'll see. No matter, though...if I'm set up right today, it'll be back to stupidity next week...it always is. HOWEVER...if something doesn't change soon, I have decided I will go over their heads to the DM before I leave. I WILL tell him why they have such a high turnover rate. Playin' faves doesn't do anything but piss people off, and 2/3 of mgmt still doesn't get it.

Ann, I had to laugh...came in and saw there were EIGHT comments on the lo I uploaded last night. Then, to see that SIX of them were yours...LMAO! You know, you can go in and delete the duplicates. Silly, silly lady!

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to JustLori

Oh, and by the way...it's a "blistering" 37 degrees here! YAY! No scraping the car windows today! LOL

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to JustLori

And, and, AND...I'm going to try to catch the guy who owns the house across the street this weekend. Wes is still looking for a place, and the house is now vacant....so keep fingers crossed! Having Anna and Lizzy right across the street would be tolerable, at best...but having Wes and Reese there? Well...you know!

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to JustLori

WAKE UP! Are you really going to make me drink all this coffee by myself??? SHEEESH!

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to JustLori

I guess no one wants to talk to me. Oh well.....

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Lori that's great that Jai will have the girls and that will be at your place right? that is really great news that she saw the sense in putting the girls first.

Betsey, what a bitter/sweet outcome, what can you do but be happy about the 2 month only stint and hope all goes well, will Matt be near you when he comes home, not sure whether you said where he is posted?

Answering your questions about where Matt will be and it NOT near us. His home base in the US is Ft. Bliss Texas, which is El Paso........far, far, far, but not nearly as far as Iraq. Karen is concerned that he will come back to the US, get off of a flight in Ft. Bliss with no one there to meet him as his whole unit will still be in Iraq so he will be coming back alone. She is trying to find a way to drive to El Paso to meet him at the airport......and of course again, $$$$$ is an issue......long trip driving.......just across Texas alone is almost 800 miles........and from here it is 8 hour driving just to get out of Florida!!!! Then through Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana before you even get to the Texas border.......Where he is stationed in Texas is as far as you can get from here and still be in Texas..... Anway....I don't care where he is as long as he is in the U.S.!!!!!!! I think he still gets a 30day leave at the end of May, however.......so we will look forward to that!!!!! I also wish someone would be there to meet him, but I am pretty sure that drive would be a bit too long for me at this point......!!!!!

Good moprning all.........I have to go to Dade City today, to clean out my space......I am quitting the booth rental business as I have been paying rent for the last three months, which I can no longer afford!!!!!! So, again, I will have all that stuff back in my garage. I am soooooo over it!!!!! I am going to try and find a decent antique auction and unload all this stuff. That is easier said than done in this part of Florida.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
How sad is the Haiti disaster, had to turn the news off, those poor people. It brought back memories of our trip to the Caribbean, Grenada specifically, they have been hit by so many cyclones they just can't afford to repair things anymore, we were taking pics of their homes and feeling so sad for them, but you know, they were such happy and humble people, they didn't want anymore than what they had. Guess when the cyclones hit it was major devastation like in Haiti only on a much smaller scale, but they just moved on.

As in all disasters you think that the aid relief would be able to get things organised a little more quickly, but guess you would have to be in a situation like this to see how horrific it all is and how impossible to get things organised with no power or communication, just saw where planes were coming in from around the world with supplies but couldn't land because of the chaos without an air control tower which is now lost. Feel so sad for them all.

I feel a need to comment here.....the aid was fast....the problem is that there is no way to get it to the people......the entire area is devastated...no roads, there fore no vehicles....no flat ground, so no helicopters.....and we are talking about over 3 million people without homes or dwellings of any type........It is a small, poor third world country built on rocks and hills......they have no government of their own, no first responders like in other countries, no electric, no phones no communications whatso ever........The aid is there....it is sitting in piles at the airport, the airport is full, the one pier, cannot sustain the offload of too much goods, because the weight would caue it to crumble, there is no gas, no vehilcles.......soooooo The aid is there, the problem is how to get it out to the people who are 10, 20 30 miles or further from the airport. There were troops and aids on the ground in Haiti within 4-5 hours after the quake, when it was still in aftershocks of 5.0 magnitude.......in my opinion, the job being done by the entire world is far better than what happened during Katrina which was right here surrounded by help.........!!!!!!

OK...off the box for now!!!!! I watched some news program last night where people were calling in complaining that nothing was done fast enough, and a man from Britain, and from our Navy was telling this as I stated!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Also.....keep in mind, hospitals collapsed, aid workers that live in Haiti were killed, 100 United Nations workers were lost, Doctors, Nurses etc..........there is only one hospital left and it is very small, and running out of supplies.....I think this horror is of a magnitudes which none of us can even imagine!!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-10 05:39 AM
In response to JustLori

ooops, sorry Lori! I really was up at 5:15, and drank coffee by myself and decided no one wanted to talk to me so I went back to bed. Now it is almost 8:30 and the best part of the day gone! Sheesh!

What is this talk about you and your sawed off shotgun! Can't you just put a pistol in your pocket and be done with it!!!!

Maddie will be so excited to have her very own computer. I wish I had an extra one like that to set up for the kids. Abbie loves to play on ours. She is good, but...I still worry that she will hit something and mess everthing up. SHe likes psbkids.com

Good morning Lesley. I am glad you found us. Betsey was all set to call out the troops yesterday and search for you until Sandi reminded her where you were!!!

You asked if coyotes were near us....Sadly yes. Actually we are surrounded by wild life and love it. I have never seen a coyote up close though. You hear them at night (in the woods at a distance) and at that time you wonder if they have taken down a deer. We are apt to see deer, fox, skunk, coons, wild turkeys, pheasant etc. around the house, and guess what - one year, we saw a big MOOSE up close meandering along!!! I guess the only thing that scares me while out walking our land would be something rabid coming at me (fox or coon). My grandson, Ben was attacked by a rabid racoon right in his yard about ten years ago. And yes...he had to have a series of shots for rabies.

OK I have really rambled. Wow this was a busy bunch of scrappers yesterday. Hopefully I can get my Mojo together and scrap today!

Char....I loved your fishy toe nail!!!

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to Tishd

Speaking of coyotes, Trish...on the local news last night, there was a story about a pack of coyotes attacking someone's dog, in Columbus, about a half hour away from us. It was in a rather developed area, not someplace you'd expect to have to worry about such things. It was confirmed by wildlife experts, that they were, indeed, coyotes, by the tracks just outside the dog owner's back door!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Ok....on that note......downer that is is, I am outta here.......I have an hour drive, then pack all that stuff load it and drive it back here, unload into the garage, and then collapse!!!!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful day.....get lots of pages done, and I will be back in to check on them tonight!!!!!! Love all the stuff you have done so far........really great!!!!

Come on Lesley......get to work......we need some paper scrappers here.....LOL!!!!! I have two done, but not loaded on the Gallery yet.....I am not doing pages with my usual speed that is for sure......but now that it is not a meat locker in my scrap room, I can stay in here longer, and maybe complete a few more!!!!!! LOL

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-10 05:47 AM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • slywalker Said:

Answering your questions about where Matt will be and it NOT near us. His home base in the US is Ft. Bliss Texas, which is El Paso........far, far, far, but not nearly as far as Iraq. Karen is concerned that he will come back to the US, get off of a flight in Ft. Bliss with no one there to meet him as his whole unit will still be in Iraq so he will be coming back alone. She is trying to find a way to drive to El Paso to meet him at the airport......and of course again, $$$$$ is an issue......long trip driving.......just across Texas alone is almost 800 miles........and from here it is 8 hour driving just to get out of Florida!!!! Then through Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana before you even get to the Texas border.......Where he is stationed in Texas is as far as you can get from here and still be in Texas..... Anway....I don't care where he is as long as he is in the U.S.!!!!!!! I think he still gets a 30day leave at the end of May, however.......so we will look forward to that!!!!! I also wish someone would be there to meet him, but I am pretty sure that drive would be a bit too long for me at this point......!!!!!

Good moprning all.........I have to go to Dade City today, to clean out my space......I am quitting the booth rental business as I have been paying rent for the last three months, which I can no longer afford!!!!!! So, again, I will have all that stuff back in my garage. I am soooooo over it!!!!! I am going to try and find a decent antique auction and unload all this stuff. That is easier said than done in this part of Florida.

Well there you are Betsey! Good morning to you. Hey I can relate to the drive to El Paso...whew, long drive. I find it a grind to ride the 5 - 6 hours to my sons in Connecticut. It just seems like such a long trip and all I have to do is sit and ride and sleep. The last really long car trip we took was to Paris Island in North Carolina when our Tony graduated from Boot Camp back in 1984 (I think that was the year). After that trip, I said to myself, now I see why people fly!!! It would be nice if someone could be there to meet and greet Matt, but if you can't, he will understand.

Our airport in Bangor, Maine has a big group of "Troop Greeters". They are always there to greet and welcome the troops when they fly in and I admire them for doing this. We see them on the news quite often..BIA seems to be a stopping point for lots of the troops returning from Iraq.

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to Tishd

Yes, Tish, Dale still talks about the group in Bangor! He was quite pleased to see them when he came home from Iraq!

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to JustLori

What really touched him, was the number of people standing there with tears in their eyes...people who knew none of them, were crying happy tears that they were home safe and sound!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-10 05:55 AM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
Also.....keep in mind, hospitals collapsed, aid workers that live in Haiti were killed, 100 United Nations workers were lost, Doctors, Nurses etc..........there is only one hospital left and it is very small, and running out of supplies.....I think this horror is of a magnitudes which none of us can even imagine!!!!

I agree Betsey, like you said, I think the response effort has been wonderful to this disaster and far better than Katrina. With only one airport in Port Au Prince, and that one not in good condition, it has to be so hard to fly in with supplies....without creating a huge bottle neck. I have been watching this coverage quite closely, as sad as it is, and have been really impressed with the huge humantarian effort. If I were young and able, I swear I would be there myself to lend a helping hand to these people. To be honest, I have even thought of sending money (even ten dollar would help probably) but I am not sure it would make it to help the Haitians.

This disaster really touches me, and I am not sure why. Well any disaster touches me deeply, but for some reason this one bothers me deeply. I am wondering if it is because I am older and softer (I have always been a softie) or is it because I have been to several of the Caribbean Islands...Jamacia, Puerto Rico, Cayman Islands, Bahama's etc....

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-10 05:57 AM
In response to JustLori

Yes, Tish, Dale still talks about the group in Bangor! He was quite pleased to see them when he came home from Iraq!

Lori, I swear if I had known he was getting off that plane there, I do think I would have been there to greet him and take a picture of him just for you because I remember how worried about him you were while he was in Iraq! Bangor is only 45 minutes from us.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-10 06:01 AM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
Ok....on that note......downer that is is, I am outta here.......I have an hour drive, then pack all that stuff load it and drive it back here, unload into the garage, and then collapse!!!!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful day.....get lots of pages done, and I will be back in to check on them tonight!!!!!! Love all the stuff you have done so far........really great!!!!

Come on Lesley......get to work......we need some paper scrappers here.....LOL!!!!! I have two done, but not loaded on the Gallery yet.....I am not doing pages with my usual speed that is for sure......but now that it is not a meat locker in my scrap room, I can stay in here longer, and maybe complete a few more!!!!!! LOL

Betsey if I could scrap with paper like you, Sue, Sandi and Pam (and the rest of our paper scrappers) I would do paper once in awhile. My efforts would be pathetic and I would have a glue stick stuck to my nose and chip board stuck to the counter and probably cut my finger off with the cricut.....

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to Tishd

Ok, time to head out...

TTYL!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-10 06:03 AM
In response to Tishd

Ok I just know Annie will be up in about two hours and wondering if I am scrapping. So I am going to get dressed and move this lazy butt.....

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to Tishd

OK I just typed a book ---- and hit some damned key and it's all gone ---- grrrrr ---- anyway

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!! and of all the stuff I was babbling about on the message that disappeared I guess THAT is the most important.

OK -- don't know where the slow response to Haiti came up but I'm with you on your soapbox Betsey --- first --- can you IMAGINE getting land movers and all of that heavy equipment rounded up AND the transportation to send it over there coordinated, even if you ARE the government???? I think everyone is doing fantastic. Like Tish -- it just breaks my heart -- the stories and pictures pouring out of there --- and like Betsey said --- I think our response to this has been MUCH MUCH MUCH better than it was to our own people when Katrina hit.

LESLEY FOUND US!!!! Gads -- what kind of big spiders would you take over coyotes???? I can't think of a spider I would choose over coyotes --- I used to LOVE to listen to them howl when we were out on the farm --- and Lori's tale sadly is indicative of what's happening all over (well not in the Dakotas or Montana or Idaho or places like THAT!) --- but we've had coyotes in the cities around here -- because man is taking over their territory --- where are they to go? THAT makes me sick too.

Betsey --- that drive across Texas is a bi**h. We visited my cousin in Houston, and drove from north to south --- not only is it LONG anyway you approach it --- it is BORING BORING BORING ---- and from east to west I think would be horrid --- especially west -- it would be like driving through the panhandle of Nebraska for days on end.

Oh and you cleaning out your booth --- we were dealers for years --- and our booths never paid off ---- we always managed to pay the rent ---- our's were in huge antique malls and with so much competition right there on top of us it wasn't a good decision to have made anyway. If you have any genealogy books (county histories) or post cards (real photo or Christmas) I might be interested in those if you want to package and mail. For that matter if youwant to package and mail there's always ebay -- it stinks compared to those first years --- but takes less of a cut than an auctioneer does (our middle son is an auctioneer --- "Colonel" as they are called -- but has not auctioned for years; and our oldest son's wife - Julie - is also an auctioneer -- the three had a business together while they were going through college).

ANYONE have the news on????? Any stabbings at RT's in Ohio?????? Now Lorikins --- you do NOT have to work again until next week, after today, right???? OR did they change your hours again while I was doing my hiatus on the 6th floor of St. Elizabeth Hospial for two weeks?????

My feet are just as bad as your's Betsey -- and Tishie knows this ---- and I cannot BELIEVE someone can twist her toes around each other like Char did in that photo. I swear I prob ably have hammer toes -- plus bunions starting -- plus nail disease - -- I just keep everything filed and put medicine on them ---- but I said I had monkey toes. I take that back -- CHAR HAS MONKEY TOES -- she can probably hang from a tree as limber as her's are ---- OK so I'm just jealous.

What's Sandie up to today? I'm going shopping for ink at Best Buy and then I'm going shopping for kits on line. Probably won't get to play scrapping till tonight but I SHOULD have NO docs tonight (every time I say that though, dd asks for help).

OK now I will CAREFULLY hit "add post" and hope this doesn't disappear again!!!

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea
In response to annscraps

Hello fellow grans!!

I have been going through pictures and scanning and what have you this morning. It is really time consuming. Now I think I have to go through my digi stash and sort it out somehow. I guess I will start with colors on the background pp.

Hope everyone if having a good day. Will probably stop back in later.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-10 12:18 PM
In response to sandiesea

Good luck Sandi. I am afraid my organizational skills are sorely lacking! It took me a months last year to get my pictures all together (the loose ones that were not in albums) and put them in photo boxes with lables on them. Then I have lots of photo albums, plus lots of digi photo's on this computer which need better organization.

Digi kits another story. I just can't seem to get it all together. Scanning too, I have lots of that to do.

I have finally decided that scrapping pictures of my children when they were little isn't fun! One reason being, it makes me sad to think back to when they were little and how fast the years have flown by. Another reason, I find them hard to scrap is really because I think those days were hard times!

Ok enough rambling. I did manage to scrap a page today and here it is ....perhaps before the day is over, I will do another....Talk to you all later.

Ann..haven't heard of anything going on at any of the Ruby Tuesday's across the country, but I haven't had the news on this afternoon either!

And The Beat Goes On By Tishd

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to Tishd

Ok, I'm home! And there will be no news reports on me to be watched on the tv...yet. I walked away with a 25 cent raise, after all my jumpin' up and down and hollerin' like a lunatic. Gee...what WILL I do with an extra 5 bucks a week? Boggles the mind, lol!

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea
In response to JustLori

Glad you are home safe and sound and just a little wealthier, Lori!!!
Just dropping one off!
Someday By Sandiesea

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to sandiesea

I just want to say, now that I'm independently wealthy, I won't forget all you "little people"!

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea
In response to JustLori

I really appreciate that, Lori, I don't know too many well to do people, and I do like to "drop" names now and again!!!LOL!!!
Speaking of dropping......
Forever Sisters By Sandiesea

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-10 02:15 PM
In response to JustLori

Whew! I am so relieved, now I can relax!! I just knew you wouldn't resort to violence....

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-15-10 02:34 PM
In response to Tishd

Looks like RT will keep their most valued employee with that BIG raise!!! $5.00 a week.....jeepers where shall you spend it all at once?!! lol I remember the days of 10 cent an hour raises, whooppee! The minimum wage in this country is ridiculous, not a living wage that's for sure.

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea
In response to

Okay, the last one from me today, I promise!!!
Innocence By Sandiesea

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-15-10 02:50 PM
In response to sandiesea

Mr. No-No being humiliated again.
Viva Mexico By CharK

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-15-10 02:51 PM
In response to charK

Christmas Morning pg.1
Christmas morning 1 By CharK

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-15-10 02:52 PM
In response to charK

Christmas morning pg. 2
Christmas morning pg.2 By CharK

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-15-10 02:57 PM
In response to charK

Aw come on Sandi...let's keep rolling them out!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-10 03:13 PM
In response to charK

Where did Annie go...back to bed?????? Just checking....

You are letting Sandi and Char get ahead of you today....come on, come on...time to move your butt woman!!!!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to JustLori

Hi Lori, it sounds like your place of work is still a s***** place to be, I'm sure with your work ethics and experience you'd pick up another one with a similar place wouldn't you, no point continually putting up with all this rubbish going on around you when you work so hard.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to memex9

No you certainly wouldn't want to be attempting a drive that long Betsey, I sure wouldn't be doing it either, way way toooooo far. I understand how much you'd love to be there though, I hope you get to see him when he gets his leave, that will be here before we know it, I mean, only got to look at how quickly January is slipping away.

It would be nice to be able to offload all that antique stuff you have, are there any agents there that come to your home and access it and make an offer to you? they have them here and you don't get as much as if you were able to sell it privately, but at least you would have some cash for it and it would be off your hands?

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Good morning everyone, had so much work done on my neck yesterday trying to get the knots out of my neck that I woke with a headache this morning, usually happens for a couple of days before coming right....sooo, I am sitting here with a very strong cup of coffee with spots jumping about in front of my eyes.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Betsey, pleased to hear it is warming up a bit, still shocked at the temps there, just hope we don't get a severe winter also, our summer has been amazing so far but only 1 1/2 months to go, don't you just hate the thought of summer ending? you will now also after the winter you've been through.

glad your friendly saleman helped you out with transferring your pics, everything is really coming together with your new computer now isn't it.

Actually our summer never really ends......it normally just cools off to a livable temp for two or three days here and there between Dec and Feb, but I have had the AC running on Christmas many times........I look forward to the couple of months with no AC on......but this year my heat was running for nearly 3 weeks......and today, coming home from Dade City, I actually had to turn the AC on for a few minutes to cool the car off after sitting in the sun for 5 hours!!!!! LOL

I am home, no AC no heat....it was very nice today, jeans and a sweatshirt, sunny and about 74 or so......my kind of weather.....kinda like spring and fall in other areas.....love it!!!!

My garage is semi full again....a pie safe, a hoosier cabinet......rocking chair, two shelving units.....but no small stuff, empty bins....yay!!!!!

I moved into my old wall space and it only accomodates smalls........etc. I filled it up, it looks wonderful, and I am glad I did that.....I would never have gotten all that stuff home in one day....and then what....????? It sits in my garage making no money whatsoever!!!!!! So I will give a month or two, probably until April, and see what is left, and then move out totally!!!!

I am exhausted, moving big furniture again, you would think I would know better by now!!!!!!
I am such an Antique junkie......it is kinda scary!!!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
No you certainly wouldn't want to be attempting a drive that long Betsey, I sure wouldn't be doing it either, way way toooooo far. I understand how much you'd love to be there though, I hope you get to see him when he gets his leave, that will be here before we know it, I mean, only got to look at how quickly January is slipping away.

It would be nice to be able to offload all that antique stuff you have, are there any agents there that come to your home and access it and make an offer to you? they have them here and you don't get as much as if you were able to sell it privately, but at least you would have some cash for it and it would be off your hands?

I feel certain if I ran an add, I would get every scumbag flea mkt dealer around, and they would offer me $100 for the lot......no thanks!!!!!! I have decided against ebay too, as Annie said, it is not the same as in the early days, when I sold on Ebay it was quite lucrative, but not anymore, fees are sky high, it is too hard these days.....soooo since all I have is a Pie Safe, Hoosier cupboard and a rocker, I may try Craigs List while the snowbirds are here.....I only need one good "upnorth type" dealer who does Brimfield or Hillsville, or Rennigers........and they will sell. This is not the best time for big furniture....and I swear I will not buy anymore......he he he he he!!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

I stopped at the grocery store on the way home, and bought a baked lemon-pepper chicken at the deli.......and heated up some left over peas and mushrooms and microwaved Stouffers Cheese Potatos......and I am a happy camper. Now for a shower, some TV and I bet I will sleep well tonight......!!!!!! I will get back to scrapping tomorrow....I need to just chill tonight!!!!! You gals have had a very productive day.....I will NEVER catch up!!!!!!

Lesley I hope you head is better.......I am grateful that is not one of my issues.......at least not yet!!!!! I have all I can do with the back, hip, knees and joints!!!!!!! LOL

See you gals tomorrow, and oh yes.....Glad Lori is b ack with no apparent bloodshed happening.....Good Girl!!!!!! Knew you could do it!!!!!!!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:

Aarghhh!! I had a response all typed up, hit post and lost the darn thing...I'm sure it was something I did, but for now I'll blame the site, so annoying.

Anyway, I agree with all you're saying, it is all on the news here constantly and there are already Australian's over there which was a pretty quick response from a country so far away, but you know my nephew is a doctor, he and his mates applied to go on leave w/out pay from their jobs here, but the Oz group going over isn't taking any doctors, can you believe that?

I saw on the telly, how the control tower collapsed so the planes were having to be turned away because of the chaos without it, then saw a few hours later how they were controlling the planes from the ground with hand held radios, so hopefully things will be able to start moving from the airport now. The loss of life is horrific and the people dying from what would normally be minor injuries due to lack of a hygienic area to take them is so sad and beyond belief, these poor people surviving only to have this happen, and yes I know, it was out of everyone's control.

My point is in relation to the speed of getting there, is that, with all the disasters around the world which seem to be increasing for some reason, I would think there would be a disaster response team with state of the art transport which would enable them to get into otherwise inaccessible areas a lot more quickly than traditional transport relying on roads which no longer exist. I mean, if we can put men on the moon, surely their is technology out there to do this ..... in saying that, I can see on telly the effort the response teams are putting in is amazing and can remember Katrina and how everyone was complaining about the response there, we were meant to go there the same trip we went to the Caribbean but it had to be cancelled due to the slowness of recovery there.

While I'm typing this I have the radio going on the computer as we can't pick up radio here due to our isolation and hills around us, and they have just said on the news that because a prison collapsed in the earthquake there are 4,000 prisoners going on a rampage with machetes and other nasty stuff....I get to a point where I have to stop watching as it upsets me I'm afraid, I'll pick up on a later telecast when you can see the relief teams bringing us the good stories of unbelievable survival of some persons.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:

I actually stayed up till 1.30am this morning getting one finished Betsey...I was so frustrated with my lack of motivation that I came home yesterday all filled with my mojo back to scrap, but spent the night on the computer catching up on threads and still did'nt get around to friends pages to comment on, so gave it away and started the layout I had in mind.

DH couldn't believe it this morning, and said no wonder you have a headache, but I was so happy to have finally got moving again, I will take a pic shortly and put it up even though there are stickles still drying on it. I hope to get a couple done away, oh for the quickness of digi !! actually I used PSE6 with the one I just finished to download a template from my friend Pammy, she also gave instructions how to centre the text within the design, don't think I quite got that right but good enough for me. She is putting all her templates on her blog and you can download them, I love her pages, different to what I'm used to doing, always put a lot on my pages but I'm really liking clean lines at the moment....I go in and out of phases hehe...

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • memex9 Said:

I agree Betsey, like you said, I think the response effort has been wonderful to this disaster and far better than Katrina. With only one airport in Port Au Prince, and that one not in good condition, it has to be so hard to fly in with supplies....without creating a huge bottle neck. I have been watching this coverage quite closely, as sad as it is, and have been really impressed with the huge humantarian effort. If I were young and able, I swear I would be there myself to lend a helping hand to these people. To be honest, I have even thought of sending money (even ten dollar would help probably) but I am not sure it would make it to help the Haitians.

This disaster really touches me, and I am not sure why. Well any disaster touches me deeply, but for some reason this one bothers me deeply. I am wondering if it is because I am older and softer (I have always been a softie) or is it because I have been to several of the Caribbean Islands...Jamacia, Puerto Rico, Cayman Islands, Bahama's etc....

I think its a bit of both Tish, getting older and softer, and having been there. I know I feel a lot stronger about this tragedy having seen the remains of tragedy in 2 of the places we visited in the Caribbean only a couple of years ago, that being Grenada and St Lucia and find it really hard to watch.

The International cricket match being held in Hobart at the moment between Australia and Pakistan, did a call during the lunch break by the TV station broadcasting the game, but who also have reporters in Haiti bringing the news back here, for everyone to give to the collectors going around the same amount that they had spent that day on their lunch...dh said, they had to call for more collectors due to the amount of money they were given, he couldn't believe it, they were running the drama on the big screen at the ground in the lunch break...Bob said there was no-one at the booze huts they were all throwing their money into the blankets being taken around and queuing up to do so. That money is going directly there via the TV people to the local agents.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to slywalker

Tish........are you possibly an Aries person???? I cannot believe how similar our responses are to some things.....my very first thought re Haiti, was I have to go there, I know there is something I can do......I, of course, still think I am 40 something apparently.....sanity returned quickly and I realized that I could become part of the problem rather than the solution and the best thing I can do is to stay put and just donate money, maybe phone time at the Red Cross, or somewhere.......anyway, when checking out at the grocery tonight, the clerk asked if I wanted to donate to the Haiti relief effort through the Red Cross, and while that is not my favorite charity, I said sure why not, and she tacked it on to my total, on the receipt it states that it is a donation to the Red Cross, and 100%of the money collected will go to Haiti. Last night on MSNBC they put up a list of charities/credit cards that have waived there normal cut, and 100% of the money donated will go to Haiti........

Apparently that has been a big problem in the past....when donating via credit card, they were still charging their 3 or 4% which when you are talking of hundreds of millions of dollars is quite a healthy chunk......I am praying that finallly we are getting the message, that making money off of devastating disaters is a Bad, bad thing, and the people will no longer tolerate it......I hope this is true!!!! I will go on the assumption that it is until I hear differently!!!!!!! At some point one has to trust that good will win out over evil!!!!!!!

And Tish, like you, for some reason this has touched me more than anything before or since 9/11. That is still at the top of my list, but as for natural disasters, this is tops!!!! I am not sure why either......maybe it is because these people were living in such horrendous conditions to begin with.....I don't know. Having lived in Puerto Rico for a time, and seeing the standard of living there, which is nothing like Haiti, I just can't even imagine......but it is like I can't stop watching......I turn it off because I think I can't stand to see any more misery, but within an hour I am back watching.......going from Channel to channel, CNN, FOX, MSNBC......or whatever is showing something live!!!!! btw did you know that our coast guard was on the ground, in Haiti, from Cuba within 4-5 hours after the Quake?????? And the commander of that ship is a woman!!!!! I was just stunned!!!!! Now how cool is that!!!!!?????

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to JustLori

I just want to say, now that I'm independently wealthy, I won't forget all you "little people"!

Please don't just look at it this way, if you can get a 25c raise every time they carry on there the way they do, then at the end of the year it will all add up to $100 maybe, that's better in your pocket than theirs...I'm joking of course, but glad they sound like they at least listened to you and your concerns.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Looks like RT will keep their most valued employee with that BIG raise!!! $5.00 a week.....jeepers where shall you spend it all at once?!! lol I remember the days of 10 cent an hour raises, whooppee! The minimum wage in this country is ridiculous, not a living wage that's for sure.

You are so right Char, the minimum wage there is so far below ours it isn't funny...I was so shocked when I found out the rates of pay there compared to here, and we are such a small country by comparison yet our economy is booming, so got to be doing something right here eh!! we don't have tipping here, and the waiting staff make big money, they start on $14 hr and complain about that.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Gosh you ladies have been busy while I've been sleeping, I've been catching up for 2 hrs this morning, reading mainly, and my neck is so crook I have to leave off now. I have read everything and think I've commented on pretty much everything but have just a couple of pages to comment on, promise I will be back to them, I need to do take more pills I think, will be back to put my page up later as the coffee hasn't helped.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to slywalker

OK.....I have had my shower.......I have filled my stomach.........and I need to get in my bed, read, and just relax.......I will no doubt be asleep by 8:30.......

Oh yes....not to start any really big mess, but did anyone happen to hear Rush Limbaugh, or oh its that tv minister.....it's right on the tip of my tounge.....Pat Roberts?????? is that it?????? My friend told me today that she saw the interview with Roberts and he said to para phrase, that when Haiti declared independence from France, they made a pact with the devil and this is their retribution.........!!!!! REMEMBER.......I did not say that, and I did not hear it first hand, it was told to me by my friend who did see it!!!!!!!! I did, however, hear the tape of that idiot Limbaugh!!!!!! I am sorry if I stepped on any toes.......but what he said was thoroughly deplorable!!!!!!!!!! Even for him!!!!!!

Please don't shoot me Lori, I am only asking if anyone heard or saw either one of these things....trying to confirm that it is true or not!!!!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • charK Said:

You are so right Char, the minimum wage there is so far below ours it isn't funny...I was so shocked when I found out the rates of pay there compared to here, and we are such a small country by comparison yet our economy is booming, so got to be doing something right here eh!! we don't have tipping here, and the waiting staff make big money, they start on $14 hr and complain about that.

I thoughy your cost of living was very high there.......I thought I read that somewhere......is this not true?????? I am laughing at the $14 an hour........for waitstaff. When I first started waitressing we made $3.oo a shift....yes $3. whole dollars. My paycheck was $17.50 a week....they took taxes out of that. The good part was that I actually made about $300 a week, and only had to pay taxes on the $17.50!!!!!! Not that way today....oh yes, and we got to keep our own tips, no sharing......like today. We all of course, tipped the busboys which was just the smart thing to do!!!!!! Ahhhhhhh yes.....the 70's!!!!!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-10 06:08 PM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
Tish........are you possibly an Aries person???? I cannot believe how similar our responses are to some things.....my very first thought re Haiti, was I have to go there, I know there is something I can do......I, of course, still think I am 40 something apparently.....sanity returned quickly and I realized that I could become part of the problem rather than the solution and the best thing I can do is to stay put and just donate money, maybe phone time at the Red Cross, or somewhere.......anyway, when checking out at the grocery tonight, the clerk asked if I wanted to donate to the Haiti relief effort through the Red Cross, and while that is not my favorite charity, I said sure why not, and she tacked it on to my total, on the receipt it states that it is a donation to the Red Cross, and 100%of the money collected will go to Haiti. Last night on MSNBC they put up a list of charities/credit cards that have waived there normal cut, and 100% of the money donated will go to Haiti........

Apparently that has been a big problem in the past....when donating via credit card, they were still charging their 3 or 4% which when you are talking of hundreds of millions of dollars is quite a healthy chunk......I am praying that finallly we are getting the message, that making money off of devastating disaters is a Bad, bad thing, and the people will no longer tolerate it......I hope this is true!!!! I will go on the assumption that it is until I hear differently!!!!!!! At some point one has to trust that good will win out over evil!!!!!!!

And Tish, like you, for some reason this has touched me more than anything before or since 9/11. That is still at the top of my list, but as for natural disasters, this is tops!!!! I am not sure why either......maybe it is because these people were living in such horrendous conditions to begin with.....I don't know. Having lived in Puerto Rico for a time, and seeing the standard of living there, which is nothing like Haiti, I just can't even imagine......but it is like I can't stop watching......I turn it off because I think I can't stand to see any more misery, but within an hour I am back watching.......going from Channel to channel, CNN, FOX, MSNBC......or whatever is showing something live!!!!! btw did you know that our coast guard was on the ground, in Haiti, from Cuba within 4-5 hours after the Quake?????? And the commander of that ship is a woman!!!!! I was just stunned!!!!! Now how cool is that!!!!!?????

Betsey, I am half asleep answering this post. It is nine o'clock. No, I am not an Aires, but I have a young son who is, and he is so like me sometimes it is scary. (My sweet granddaughter, Lexie is an Aires aslo. I am a Leo.

I have been watching all the news channels too. I go from CNN, to HNN to Fox, NBC, CBS and ABC. Today I was almost in tears watching some of the children and people. I am a softie, truly. Whenever I am in a check out line and the cashier says would you like to round this out and donate to....***** I always say yes...I also go out of my way to donate to the bell ringers (Salvation Army). I truly think I missed my calling in life. I always wanted to be a nurse or in the medical field in some form!

We have a small theater in the town I used to work in and they are having an entertainer there next Friday night ($10.00 dontation). The entire proceeds will go to the Haiti Relief Fund. I told Allen we have to go.

Anyway....this truly has touched me deeply, as did 911.

A layout from me this evening and then I should call it a night... I do have to say hello to Lesley if she is still here.

Annie is shopping on line so I do know she is still some where....

and for all of "our lurkers" Big hugs....

All Boy By Tishd

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-10 06:11 PM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
I stopped at the grocery store on the way home, and bought a baked lemon-pepper chicken at the deli.......and heated up some left over peas and mushrooms and microwaved Stouffers Cheese Potatos......and I am a happy camper. Now for a shower, some TV and I bet I will sleep well tonight......!!!!!! I will get back to scrapping tomorrow....I need to just chill tonight!!!!! You gals have had a very productive day.....I will NEVER catch up!!!!!!

Lesley I hope you head is better.......I am grateful that is not one of my issues.......at least not yet!!!!! I have all I can do with the back, hip, knees and joints!!!!!!! LOL

See you gals tomorrow, and oh yes.....Glad Lori is b ack with no apparent bloodshed happening.....Good Girl!!!!!! Knew you could do it!!!!!!!

Hey I bought a deli chicken today at the grocery store too, and we had that with broccoli tonight. And I even bought a box of Hamburger helper for Allen (who loves that stuff!) haven't cooked it in years....will cook it tomorrow for him, although he shouldn't have it cause it is probably loaded with sodium!!! But he says....it is so good.

Annie's fault.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-10 06:14 PM
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • Tishd Said:
  • memex9 Said:

I think its a bit of both Tish, getting older and softer, and having been there. I know I feel a lot stronger about this tragedy having seen the remains of tragedy in 2 of the places we visited in the Caribbean only a couple of years ago, that being Grenada and St Lucia and find it really hard to watch.

The International cricket match being held in Hobart at the moment between Australia and Pakistan, did a call during the lunch break by the TV station broadcasting the game, but who also have reporters in Haiti bringing the news back here, for everyone to give to the collectors going around the same amount that they had spent that day on their lunch...dh said, they had to call for more collectors due to the amount of money they were given, he couldn't believe it, they were running the drama on the big screen at the ground in the lunch break...Bob said there was no-one at the booze huts they were all throwing their money into the blankets being taken around and queuing up to do so. That money is going directly there via the TV people to the local agents.

Lesley I hope you neck feels better...Wish someone would give my some yanking and snapping! I broke down this afternoon and took some motrin and that really helps...The problem is, I think it is hard on my stomach.

I am half asleep so tomorrow I will catch up with everyone....I still have some layouts to go back and catch up on...

Hope everyone has a good evening...Nite, nite....

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-10 06:16 PM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
OK.....I have had my shower.......I have filled my stomach.........and I need to get in my bed, read, and just relax.......I will no doubt be asleep by 8:30.......

Oh yes....not to start any really big mess, but did anyone happen to hear Rush Limbaugh, or oh its that tv minister.....it's right on the tip of my tounge.....Pat Roberts?????? is that it?????? My friend told me today that she saw the interview with Roberts and he said to para phrase, that when Haiti declared independence from France, they made a pact with the devil and this is their retribution.........!!!!! REMEMBER.......I did not say that, and I did not hear it first hand, it was told to me by my friend who did see it!!!!!!!! I did, however, hear the tape of that idiot Limbaugh!!!!!! I am sorry if I stepped on any toes.......but what he said was thoroughly deplorable!!!!!!!!!! Even for him!!!!!!

Please don't shoot me Lori, I am only asking if anyone heard or saw either one of these things....trying to confirm that it is true or not!!!!!!!!

I missed this, sorry, and never worry about stepping on my toes....well unless you come down hard on my bunions and then....you best.....scat fast!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-10 06:19 PM
In response to JustLori

Ok, I'm home! And there will be no news reports on me to be watched on the tv...yet. I walked away with a 25 cent raise, after all my jumpin' up and down and hollerin' like a lunatic. Gee...what WILL I do with an extra 5 bucks a week? Boggles the mind, lol!

and Lori...yippee on the raise...! And you get to see Madison this weekend. You must be so excited!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-10 06:19 PM
In response to Tishd

Good night Annie where ever you are!!! and Char with the fish on her toenail......

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Tishd

Just dropping off the layout I told Betsey I made last night before giving in to this headache which just won't go, starting to feel really sick with it aarghh!! migraine on the way so no more scrapping.
Henry unwraps....1st Xmas By Slywalker

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to JustLori

Well you ARE gonna SHARE aren't ya???

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:

Betsey -- I read an editorial on the Robertson thing --- yes tis true ---- why was I not surprised at all? He has always made me puke -- holier than thous a$$ --- I didn't hear anything about Limbaugh but NOTHING that jerk says surprises me.

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to annscraps

OK -- hi and g'night soon -- I DID accomplish a lot today but nothing along the lines of scrapping. Found a driver for my 12 x 12 Canon printer so downloaded it and got it set up; Ron overdid today so did after supper cleanup -- and the laundry --- ran to Best Buy TWICE for ink; friend stopped by to visit --- and tonight I've been downloading some new kits ---- SOOOO tomorrow maybe I'll get to USE them :+) Keep a cup of coffee warm for me --- you'll all be on to lunch by the time I drag myself up and about :+)

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

I hope I have caught up on everyone's LO's, please let me know if I haven't. I slept for 3 hrs this arvo, not like me at all, but I took so many tabs in the last 24 hrs trying to get rid of my headache I think they sort of all built up and knocked me out. Bob woke me up when he got home from golf. So much for a scrappy day.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-16-10 03:45 AM
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
I hope I have caught up on everyone's LO's, please let me know if I haven't. I slept for 3 hrs this arvo, not like me at all, but I took so many tabs in the last 24 hrs trying to get rid of my headache I think they sort of all built up and knocked me out. Bob woke me up when he got home from golf. So much for a scrappy day.

Good morning! Coffee is almost ready! I made extra.

Lesley..don't take so many tabs that you forget who you are and who we are!!! Hope that headache lets up today!

Wake up the rest of you sleepy heads!

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea
In response to Tishd

Good morning everyone!!! Thanks for the coffee, Tish. Tastes wonderful this morning.

I hope everyone is ready for the big Football game tonight. Ravens Vs. Colts. I soooo hope the Ravens sock it to Indy just to make a statement!!!
Annie, tell Ron not to get toooo exited!!! I am sure that wouldn't be good for him!!!
BTW, did you find any good kits out there??? I love scouring those digi places!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to sandiesea

Good Morning Sandie and Tish.....I have been up since 5:30 and I have no idea why.....but been busy catching up on some other stuff!!!!! Coffee is fresh here too.....help yourself

.....and no "woolies" needed today....it is 65 already.....nno heat on today...going up to high 70's and I am sooooo grateful!!!!! I did look ahead and in a few days we will be back down in the 40's so Iam going to enjoy this for now!!!!! Very cloudy and expecting rain......but that is OK!!!!!

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to memex9

Morning! I'm up, I'm up! Was over at another site getting some digi freebies. Supposed to be in the 40's all weekend. Glad of that, because Miss Madison always seems cold, the scrawny lil thing. Grass is starting to show in patches through all the snow, so we got a good start on the melting yesterday. Not much going on today, other than running to Big Lots when it opens to get her a keyboard. She's thrilled with her "new" computer, of course, lol. But she "steals" my keyboard to use it, until I get her one. So.....

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

And Sandie I am ready for the football game too....will be rooting on those Ravens.....they MUST beat those colts!!!!!!! I even bought chips and dip, a real treat for me!!!!!!! Karen said she might be over to watch with me.....without Matt around, we are the only two football fans left.....Well my ds Jeff, but no one watches with him, he is a maniac.....worse than she and I.....

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Lori.....glad Madison will be there today.....I know you are happy, even if she does steal your keyboard......!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 494 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics