Page 4 of 494 
Username Post: The ORIGINAL Rockin Scrappin Grans & Friends Thread        (Topic#1525163)
JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to JustLori

NOTICE... the word is YARD GNOME! LOL

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to JustLori

• Lori...ProudArmyMom Said:

Translation? My, oh my, how moody our "princess" was this weekend! LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to JustLori

Ahhhhhhh yes......now I remember!!!! hmmmmmm!!!! welllllllll this will be verrrry interesting....and fun!!!!!

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to memex9

Dinner's almost ready! Spaghetti and meatballs, and wheat dinner rolls! ANYONE????

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to JustLori

Spaghetti at Sandie's, spaghetti and Lori's --- and I had something none of you have ever heard of --- Runza. Just remembered that Tish -- when you are here this year we HAVE to do Runza --- people who have lived here order them by the dozen to have at home ---- anyway --- it's a long bun with a hamburger/cabbage filling --- absolutely delicious. Started locally, and stayed local pretty much --- he has allowed a few franchises and I think ONE may have gone to Iowa. Anyway --- yes Betsey -- carry in or carry out -- but -- well if you've ever HEARD of runza's in general you know they are HEALTHY food .... :+) I guess it's back to scanning!

OH AND LORI AND EVERYONE ----- THE RULES FOR THIS CHALLENGE OF LORI'S ARE NOW ON PAGE ONE AND I PUT THE 27TH AS THE ENDING DATE (and an apology to Lori if I screwed that up) -----

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to JustLori

Translation? My, oh my, how moody our "princess" was this weekend! LOL

Well BUT there are happies in there too --- so --- moody is DOable --- crabbiness is not --- way to go Maddie!

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea
In response to annscraps

Ok, well I think I have caught up in everyone's galleries!!! You gals have been busy today!!

Annie, I printed out the first tutorial from that site, and will read over it tomorrow. I am too tired to try to understand something tonight!!!

You ladies have a wonderful evening. Talk to ya in the am.

lillylucille
Idol
lillylucille
In response to sandiesea

Well holy cow and hug the Annie!
Guess who? I bet you can't guess. LOL.
Yep, tis me, old linda. Droopy slow gonna trip over my hose linda.
Thanks for the invite.
First name....linda.
Oregon beautiful Oregon.
10-04-46
How many kids? I forgot.
4 girls 1 boy
12 1/2 grands and 6 greats. BlueRaine, my youngest, is a little over 6 months pregnant with the first boychild to be born into our clan in over 20 years. We are a female ruled clan. I am rule. LOL. Wow.
Been doing this digi stuff for about 2 years now.
I sew, embroider, cook, sing in the shower, try to do a little gardening, give my old guy a bad time, watch movies and read read read.
I have COPD and am on oxygen 24/7...i stay home most of the time, but when i do get to go out i totally enjoy seeing how things change since the last time. Thats a good thing about being house bound, everything is new everytime you go...LOL.
I'm not married, i live with my old guy, have been for 20 years now...holy moly...
I don't know if i'll be able to get here EVERY day, so if thats a problem let me know before i get going with this group...there are days when i don't feel like breathing, let alone sit in front of this computer. I don't do as many layouts as i used to, i go in spurts. I'll not do one for a couple weeks then do a dozen in 3 days. I am not consistent.
So, there i am. And here i go. Will see ya all in a few. Food is calling me.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-17-10 05:22 PM
In response to lillylucille

HOLY Moly and bat wings....Linda Lucille is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! How wonderful. Welcome Linda..You will love this group of gals. I am so happy to see you arrived! What in heck took you so long??????

annscraps
Queen
annscraps

• lillylucille Said:
Well holy cow and hug the Annie!
Guess who? I bet you can't guess. LOL.
Yep, tis me, old linda. Droopy slow gonna trip over my hose linda.
Thanks for the invite.
First name....linda.
Oregon beautiful Oregon.
10-04-46
How many kids? I forgot.
4 girls 1 boy
12 1/2 grands and 6 greats. BlueRaine, my youngest, is a little over 6 months pregnant with the first boychild to be born into our clan in over 20 years. We are a female ruled clan. I am rule. LOL. Wow.
Been doing this digi stuff for about 2 years now.
I sew, embroider, cook, sing in the shower, try to do a little gardening, give my old guy a bad time, watch movies and read read read.
I have COPD and am on oxygen 24/7...i stay home most of the time, but when i do get to go out i totally enjoy seeing how things change since the last time. Thats a good thing about being house bound, everything is new everytime you go...LOL.
I'm not married, i live with my old guy, have been for 20 years now...holy moly...
I don't know if i'll be able to get here EVERY day, so if thats a problem let me know before i get going with this group...there are days when i don't feel like breathing, let alone sit in front of this computer. I don't do as many layouts as i used to, i go in spurts. I'll not do one for a couple weeks then do a dozen in 3 days. I am not consistent.
So, there i am. And here i go. Will see ya all in a few. Food is calling me.

LINDA LINDA LINDA --- SOOOOO glad you answered my invitation by just jumping right in --- everyone who doesn't know this lady --- you're gonna love her -- well you can tell THAT from her self-introduction. She's fun and she's nuts ---- :+)

SO glad to see you Linda. And no no no -- if you don't get in here EVERY day --- well one of us comes and beats you with a rubber hose but those are the kind of games you like Cannot RESIST -- it's been a while since I've been able to give you a hard time :+)

YOUR digi stuff will knock everyone over -- always has me for sure. I've been doing lots of tutorials --- eventually MAY work myself up to CS4 and then again, may just buy the actions for it and put them in PSE and learn them one at a time.

Another grandbaby!!! How wonderful!!!! So Blue is due in April?? And a boy. He will be SOOOOO spoiled --- first boy in that long. The twins would you believe are in kindergarten this year -- so no more grandkiddos for me until I become a "great" --

There ARE some good things to be said about being on 02 24/7 -- the best of those IS housebound. About half of us in here bemoan how bad it is "out there" --- the other half ignore us I can NEVER go out shopping or whatevering without being shocked or insulted or po'd by someone or something. However, if I had to go weeks as you sometimes do, I'd probably NEVER come out.

So glad, so glad you joined!!!!! SOOO looking forward to having you around --- and we know not EVERY day -- and we don't beat with rubber hoses -- oops I shouldn't have told you that -- I had you all excited!!!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
HOLY Moly and bat wings....Linda Lucille is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! How wonderful. Welcome Linda..You will love this group of gals. I am so happy to see you arrived! What in heck took you so long??????

Awe geez --- Tishie just reminded me I'm gonna have to start trying to talk funny like that again --- I WILL LEARN!!!

lillylucille
Idol
lillylucille
In response to annscraps

I'm starting out great, as usual, every time i try to post it tell me my subject matter is too long. Argh. I'll try again tomorrow.
  • Ann Marie Said:
  • Tishd Said:

Awe geez --- Tishie just reminded me I'm gonna have to start trying to talk funny like that again --- I WILL LEARN!!!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps

• lillylucille Said:
I'm starting out great, as usual, every time i try to post it tell me my subject matter is too long. Argh. I'll try again tomorrow.
  • Ann Marie Said:
  • Tishd Said:

It's telling me that too Linda ---

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to annscraps

OK I think ye old sb.com is having one of it's periodic nervous breakdowns -- I shall try once more

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to annscraps

I THINK it's working but don't wanna say TOOOO much

Misty - Beautiful Girl By Ann Marie

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to sandiesea

Sandi just go to basicgrey.com and follow the prompts to their digi area, there really are a lot of things in there once you start digging around.

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to annscraps

Well HOT DIGGITY dog poop (is that sorta right Linda??) it WORKED!!!! I kept getting the same message you were getting ---- ok --- back to the scrapping board

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Sandi just go to basicgrey.com and follow the prompts to their digi area, there really are a lot of things in there once you start digging around.

Hi Lesley -- I never knew they had a digi area either -- gonna go take a look

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Good afternoon all, yes, I'm very late getting on today, my neck is giving me hell so more pills and it's starting to come right, dh also rubbing me up the wrong way so I handle that by doing housework, so been racing around doing things that should have been done anyway and then I forget about what it was he annoyed me about.

Heading off on a walk now, but just wanted to pop in and say hi before all you lovelies had gone to bed, will be back to comment and leave love later.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Good afternoon all, yes, I'm very late getting on today, my neck is giving me hell so more pills and it's starting to come right, dh also rubbing me up the wrong way so I handle that by doing housework, so been racing around doing things that should have been done anyway and then I forget about what it was he annoyed me about.

Heading off on a walk now, but just wanted to pop in and say hi before all you lovelies had gone to bed, will be back to comment and leave love later.

Found it Lesley --- a couple of other places that are paper are also adding digi --- I just smile quietly.

Hope you feel better --- and hubby starts behaving himself --- I know, THEN you'll feel better. NOW back to the scrap board

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Would I lie????????

LMAO, you ladies are so funny...

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to slywalker

YAY! LINDA IS HERE! That, ladies, is FISHSTICKIN' AWESOME!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to sandiesea

Gosh, dh is dragging his feet so I thought I may catch up on the thread before my walk, he has decided to come as well...looks like it will be a quick rushed walk..much rather walk alone, but it's nice he wants to and good for him even though he does play 3 rounds of golf a week.

Anyway, I came to a road block...all those layouts..girls you have been on fire..go Betsey..

For my information I'm up to all the layouts on pg15

Oh and Annie, I did put something else up before, I have a lady who lives very close to Erin and not too far from Char, and would you believe she actually bought some stuff from Char when she was getting rid of all her paper scrappy stuff...anyway, she is about to become a grandma in 4 weeks and would like to join but I wanted the ok from the group first...should I tell her to come on over?

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Oh, and have you heard any more from Chez, I know she is super busy with her job but I thought she was coming after Xmas?

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-17-10 06:33 PM
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:

Hi Lesley, sorry to hear the neck is still bothering you.. I sat with the heating pad on my back and neck off and on for two weeks, and knock on wood, it is better..finally. Hubby told me today that I need to go outside more and get some fresh air. Well he is probably right. The problem is we have lots and lots of snow still in my walking areas, and the driveway is way to icy. I don't need to fall and break any bones at my age...(hmmmmmm my young age) Hope you feel better!

Edited by Tishd on 01-17-10 06:33 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-17-10 06:35 PM
In response to annscraps

• Ann Marie Said:
Spaghetti at Sandie's, spaghetti and Lori's --- and I had something none of you have ever heard of --- Runza. Just remembered that Tish -- when you are here this year we HAVE to do Runza --- people who have lived here order them by the dozen to have at home ---- anyway --- it's a long bun with a hamburger/cabbage filling --- absolutely delicious. Started locally, and stayed local pretty much --- he has allowed a few franchises and I think ONE may have gone to Iowa. Anyway --- yes Betsey -- carry in or carry out -- but -- well if you've ever HEARD of runza's in general you know they are HEALTHY food .... :+) I guess it's back to scanning!

OH AND LORI AND EVERYONE ----- THE RULES FOR THIS CHALLENGE OF LORI'S ARE NOW ON PAGE ONE AND I PUT THE 27TH AS THE ENDING DATE (and an apology to Lori if I screwed that up) -----

Annie anything with cabbage and hamburg sounds good to me... I am not fussy when it comes to food. Sounds a wee bit like a calzone, but calzones are rounder...

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-17-10 06:38 PM
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Gosh, dh is dragging his feet so I thought I may catch up on the thread before my walk, he has decided to come as well...looks like it will be a quick rushed walk..much rather walk alone, but it's nice he wants to and good for him even though he does play 3 rounds of golf a week.

Anyway, I came to a road block...all those layouts..girls you have been on fire..go Betsey..

Oh and Annie, I did put something else up before, I have a lady who lives very close to Erin and not too far from Char, and would you believe she actually bought some stuff from Char when she was getting rid of all her paper scrappy stuff...anyway, she is about to become a grandma in 4 weeks and would like to join but I wanted the ok from the group first...should I tell her to come on over?

Lesley sounds great to me...the more the merrier...YOu have to really shout this to Annie as she is hard of hearing....ANNIE...Lesley has asked you twice.....is it ok if this lady joins....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! ANNIE!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:

By all means, invite her now Lesley. Tell her we all want to watch her go silly, goofy, dumb and stupid just like the rest of us are over our grandkids. Would LOVE to have her!!

I wrote to Chez again tonight --- a reminder -- so hopefully she considers this "past Christmas " :+)

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-17-10 06:40 PM
In response to Tishd

Ok I am way tired for some reason...

Yummy on the spaghetti Lori!!!!

Ok I am off to bed shortly...One from me....

Keep Smiling, Keep Shining By Tishd

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • Ann Marie Said:

Annie anything with cabbage and hamburg sounds good to me... I am not fussy when it comes to food. Sounds a wee bit like a calzone, but calzones are rounder...

Yes Calzones are rounder (we have them here too). AND you DIDN'T say "I am not fussy with it comes to food like you are dear Annie" Does ACD like cabbage? Awe -- they make good hamburgers and malts there too so if he doesn't like cabbage to bad --

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to annscraps

Before I lose this ---

Mysterious Christmas Guest By Ann Marie

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • slywalker Said:

Lesley sounds great to me...the more the merrier...YOu have to really shout this to Annie as she is hard of hearing....ANNIE...Lesley has asked you twice.....is it ok if this lady joins....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! ANNIE!

TISHIE CAN YOU HEAR ME????? everyone else -- shhhh -- let her have total silence -- I remember you told me, when Ron was in the hospital, that a couple of the gals had someone they thought they would invite --- you TOLD me because with him in the hospital I didn't get on here for two weeks -- REMEMBER??? (you know, that short little guy who has lived here for 45 years -- that little dude?) AT the time I told you "great" and I THINK I even said "tell them to go ahead and invite them" -- but I can't SWEAR to that ---- so ---- get off my back woman !!!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-17-10 06:56 PM
In response to annscraps

• Ann Marie Said:
  • Tishd Said:
  • Ann Marie Said:

Yes Calzones are rounder (we have them here too). AND you DIDN'T say "I am not fussy with it comes to food like you are dear Annie" Does ACD like cabbage? Awe -- they make good hamburgers and malts there too so if he doesn't like cabbage to bad --

Does ACD like cabbage? Remember who was on the cabbage soup diet for months???? Yes Allen likes cabbage....He LOVES food, doesn't he look it!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-17-10 06:59 PM
In response to annscraps

• Ann Marie Said:
  • Tishd Said:
  • slywalker Said:

TISHIE CAN YOU HEAR ME????? everyone else -- shhhh -- let her have total silence -- I remember you told me, when Ron was in the hospital, that a couple of the gals had someone they thought they would invite --- you TOLD me because with him in the hospital I didn't get on here for two weeks -- REMEMBER??? (you know, that short little guy who has lived here for 45 years -- that little dude?) AT the time I told you "great" and I THINK I even said "tell them to go ahead and invite them" -- but I can't SWEAR to that ---- so ---- get off my back woman !!!!!

Ron has only lived there for 45 years, I could have sworn he has lived there with you for at least 50.....!!

Ok I have taken way to much verbal and mental abuse so I think I will snuggle up in my comfy bed with my special pillow and two kitty cats....Oh I forgot...Allen too!!!!!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to Tishd

Funny thing is Tishie --- Ron says it feels like 65 years!

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to annscraps

And to think...he's trying to be kind and spare your feelings!

And now I have my daily jab out of the way, I can go get some reading in before I sack out for the night.

Night, all!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to JustLori

And to think...he's trying to be kind and spare your feelings!

And now I have my daily jab out of the way, I can go get some reading in before I sack out for the night.

Night, all!

Sign language was better OH and -- g'night Lori ---

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-18-10 03:20 AM
In response to annscraps

And let me be the first to offer you freshly made hot coffee! Good morning!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • slywalker Said:

Hi Lesley, sorry to hear the neck is still bothering you.. I sat with the heating pad on my back and neck off and on for two weeks, and knock on wood, it is better..finally. Hubby told me today that I need to go outside more and get some fresh air. Well he is probably right. The problem is we have lots and lots of snow still in my walking areas, and the driveway is way to icy. I don't need to fall and break any bones at my age...(hmmmmmm my young age) Hope you feel better!

No don't risk walking on that ice, one of my very good friends on another thread lives in Michigan and she has just slipped on the ice for the 2nd time, this time she has done a job on her hip and is really suffering, can't even go downstairs to her scrap room, so be careful.

I've been putting ice on my neck after rubbin a warm cream in that I buy every time I come to America, I think its way better than anything I get here, but think I will try the heat pack tonight. I have a heat pillow on my chair and it's amazing, always fixes my back if it plays up but can't put it on the neck of course.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Was that Tish saying good morning already? mmmm...I've just got home from quilting and putting a coffee on before going to bed, and no...it doesn't keep me away, only long enough to try and finish the layout I'm stuck on.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

When I try to download your papers Lori I come up with an error message and it won't complete the download, any ideas on why that would be when the elements have all downloaded with no problem...would it be anything to do with having an Apple?...but if it did then I wouldn't have got the elements would I, tried twice and no go, I'm sure others on here have downloaded them haven't they?

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to slywalker

Morning! Lesley, I just went to try downloading the papers myself, and I got a message that 4shared is doing a server upgrade. Perhaps if you tried again later?

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to JustLori

Morning....Lesley, Tish and Lori....apparently we are the only ones up.....got fresh coffee..... It has taken this long to get caught up.....you gals are up too late for me....I have to become a night person again......Welcome to Linda??? is that right?????see how quickly I forget????? I think she was the one talking about getting out so seldom....and forgetting what everything looked like previously.....that is one of the things I like about becoming forgetful......I can read a book I read years ago, like it is brand new....ROFL So all of these books I have hoarded over the years will all be really new to me again soon.....LOL

Have coffee in hand, am going to jump in the shower, I have an early tooth cleaning appt.....I sooooooo hate this!!!! I would rather have my toenails pulled out...... so I will see you gals when I return......!!!!!!!!!!

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea
In response to memex9

Good morning chatty ladies!! Got my coffee, thank you very much!!! Three pages of bantering last night after I signed off! I missed all of the fun!!!

Linda, welcome!!! I totally love your work. You do amazing things with your computer!!!

Lesley, hope you are feeling better. I think your body is trying to tell you that you are doing to much, so slow down lady!!!

Betsey, I am with you, take the toenails anytime!!!

Tish, I am terrified of the ice, don't go out unless I absolutely have to. I am pretty much a hermit, especially during the winter. If I venture out of this house more than once a month I think we would get (another) blizzard!!!
Thats okay, though, I don't mind my own company, and that of the dbf on occasion!!!

Lori, did Madison get in a better mood???? LOL, they certainly are a trip at any age!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-18-10 05:38 AM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
Morning....Lesley, Tish and Lori....apparently we are the only ones up.....got fresh coffee..... It has taken this long to get caught up.....you gals are up too late for me....I have to become a night person again......Welcome to Linda??? is that right?????see how quickly I forget????? I think she was the one talking about getting out so seldom....and forgetting what everything looked like previously.....that is one of the things I like about becoming forgetful......I can read a book I read years ago, like it is brand new....ROFL So all of these books I have hoarded over the years will all be really new to me again soon.....LOL

Have coffee in hand, am going to jump in the shower, I have an early tooth cleaning appt.....I sooooooo hate this!!!! I would rather have my toenails pulled out...... so I will see you gals when I return......!!!!!!!!!!

Ouch, ouch, ouch....toenails pulled out..sounds like some kind of Chinese torture treatment to me.. On the other hand, I detest having my teeth cleaned (the few that I have left).

Betsey, I am not a person to stay up late. Definitely not a night person. Usually I have to force myself to stay up beyond nine o'clock!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-18-10 05:43 AM
In response to sandiesea

• sandiesea Said:
Good morning chatty ladies!! Got my coffee, thank you very much!!! Three pages of bantering last night after I signed off! I missed all of the fun!!!

Linda, welcome!!! I totally love your work. You do amazing things with your computer!!!

Lesley, hope you are feeling better. I think your body is trying to tell you that you are doing to much, so slow down lady!!!

Betsey, I am with you, take the toenails anytime!!!

Tish, I am terrified of the ice, don't go out unless I absolutely have to. I am pretty much a hermit, especially during the winter. If I venture out of this house more than once a month I think we would get (another) blizzard!!!
Thats okay, though, I don't mind my own company, and that of the dbf on occasion!!!

Lori, did Madison get in a better mood???? LOL, they certainly are a trip at any age!!

I have a huge respect for the ice, believe me! Seriously I have taken three or four bad falls on the ice in past years, and I know that it what ails my back! Now when I go out to get the mail, I act like a little old woman gingerly walking along.

We are getting more snow today. My cat, Alpo came in with a layer on his back a bit ago. We wiped him down.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-18-10 05:47 AM
In response to JustLori

Morning! Lesley, I just went to try downloading the papers myself, and I got a message that 4shared is doing a server upgrade. Perhaps if you tried again later?

Good morning Lori. So far, I haven't had any problems downloading your kits from 4 shared. I just sometimes have to wait a few seconds for the download button to appear and let me download.

I have been thinking (oh oh) of ways to tear apart my little back room, and fix it up...paint, new curtains etc., and make it into more of a scrap room. Put the computer in there maybe. Right now it sits in the kitchen.. Plenty of room in my kitchen (the kitchen is big) but it just creates a messy look here. I want to organize. ORGANIZE and me...just aren't a good fit!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-18-10 05:49 AM
In response to Tishd

The room I am talking about (Well Annie knows, since she has been here) Is a bit of a catch all, but where I go to watch TV and read..(my get away room) It has a Queen size pull out sofa that the grands sleep on when they come, and the room has was to much of everything, furniture, books, boxes, desk.....ITs a mess. Wish someone would come and help me do a makeover.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
The room I am talking about (Well Annie knows, since she has been here) Is a bit of a catch all, but where I go to watch TV and read..(my get away room) It has a Queen size pull out sofa that the grands sleep on when they come, and the room has was to much of everything, furniture, books, boxes, desk.....ITs a mess. Wish someone would come and help me do a makeover.

Oh I will, I will.......if there is still snow.....the problem would be getting there...LOL (in the snow I mean)....I woulde love to redecorate in Maine.....although none of the great little junk places are open in the winter are they????? .Anyway....I keep looking at my mess of a room too....knowing it could be better it is a room that I have just stuck furniiture in to use "temporarily" and I just hate it.....I have 15 different kinds of storage drawers that all sit on the tables, and it always just looks junky even when its clean....I really need some work room....the table tops are more than half covered with those plastic drawer thingies.....glass jars...etc. etc. etc........I had no real plan when I started in fact this was my dining room/computer room.....it is all windows on three sides, with a french doot to the patio right smack in the middle of the longest wall......LOL So to get back to the point....I know what you mean.....I even have paint......I just really need a plan...LOL The middle of the floor is empty and I keep thinking I should put the big table back in the middle and use that for work space, with the drawer thingies around the walls ......well you get the drift.....LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Oh yes I have returned from the tooth place....and they very casually said, oh yes you need two crowns, and some type of procedure to fill gum voids.....etc, etc. etc. to the tune of about $6500.00!!!!! You know like it was twenty bucks!!!!!! Of course I am not doing any of it..........I got my teeth cleaned, and that is it!!!!!!! Oh yes and the exrays etc......is there such a thing as good dental insurance....I am just curious.??????

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Oh also...Lori....I signed up for freecycle in my area.....very cool....Thanks for telling us about it....I am on Craigs List, where I have found and gotten rid of alot of stuff, but this is almost better in alot of ways.......!!!! Thanks again!!!!

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts
In response to memex9

Mornin Yall...
Just poppin in to say hi to you all... I have really been sick for the last couple of weeks and feeling alot of depression over things going on here, so I took off yesterday morning and Lucky and I spent the whole day walking and sitting on the beach. (photo's in my gallery if ya wanna see) I stiill have lots of those feelings but its better than it was before my day away. think I need to go get my meds changed, what I have is not working to good anymore.
For Ally's birthday in Dec. I got her some scrapbook stuff, complete with album and then gave her all the pics I took from her birthday party. she started scrappin on Sat. and is loving it. little girl is quiet good at it too.
Anyway I will be taking some pics of her pages maybe today and getting them posted os yall can see what she is doing. she is very proud of herself too. lol
ok time to go get things done for the day.
have a good day yall.

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to memex9

Good morning everyone. Yes -- I'm up for the day!! Beacon was NOT a good sleeping partner last night -- he had me up early -- then he wanted Ron so I opened the door and Ron told him no -- he was having a bad night --- anyway so I was up asking him questions, pain where?, chills?, temperature (no thank goodness). SO I told him that's that -- he goes to see both docs tomorrow--and he is NOT going to be out driving or going to the store just to see people (who in the he!! wants to go SEE people????) --- so he's up, lying in the recliner and I told him to quit this game he's been playing --- trying to stay awake all day so he can sleep all night. I even taught him that tv has shows on at NIGHT and if he can't sleep, watch t.v. :+) Tomorrow I'm going to thedocs with him.

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to memex9

I am going to go in and find freecycle after I'm done giving everyone pain in here ---- and organizing --- Tishie you had me there for darned near two weeks --- of course we organized your photos from the closet, and you kept us busy on the go to wonderful places --- anyhow -- I need to organize my projects -- not so much my room --- keep the old pictures I'm working on out so I don't forget, keep the Christmas books out so I remember, keep the home town stuff out so I work on that book --- sounds kinda sad --- pretty soon I'll have to put numbers on the piles and pin matching ones to my shirt to remind me to go look at the piles!

Betsey ---- my tooth surgery is coming up --- and you know how I am with the tooth technician --- but I am getting EIGHT (I thought seven till I talked to them the other day) crowns, plus a root canal and two fillings. The crowns are about $700 each but we do have insurance which pays 50% thank God --- BUT -- I haven't found any insurance to do away with the trauma I'm going to go through. Yes, pulling out my toenails WOULD be better. An appendectomy without general anesthesia would be better.

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to annscraps

Lori -- I was able to download your elements, but not your papers but I've been having trouble downloading for some time -- back into my last new computer that died --- I'm wondering if MY problem is roadrunner. I bought several kits from stores over the weekend and would sometimes have to start a download three times to get it to actually download all the way through and not get hung up. IF I call roadrunner they'll say it's the problem of the on-line site; if I call the technicians they'll say it's probably both --- irritating -- but I'll try for the papers again today --- I do remember when Waterlo had those giant freebies -- and how slow downloading was right when they'd come out with a new one. Perhaps that's the problem too.

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to annscraps

Morning Sandie -- good -- another person with the right attitude about the tooth technicians :+) Today is a work day for me --- it's dreary out -- I should just stay in my robe all day but if I do it's like tempting fate --- Ron WILL get really sick and have to go to the ER or doc -- but it's so comfy sitting here, drinking coffe in my robe --- decisions decisions :+)

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to annscraps

I've never drank coffee after noon, Lesley -- I'm such a NON-sleeper I figure my body doesn't need any help staying awake --- :+)

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to annscraps

Morning CC -- for a walk already?? Depression sucks -- but it's a good thing I have pills cause there is no going for walks around here in the winter :+)

I hope Ally really gets into scrapping. My grands have for a while, then lose interest (especially since grandma stored all her papers away -- bad grandma, I know)

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-18-10 08:01 AM
In response to Ccnutts

• Ccnutts Said:
Mornin Yall...
Just poppin in to say hi to you all... I have really been sick for the last couple of weeks and feeling alot of depression over things going on here, so I took off yesterday morning and Lucky and I spent the whole day walking and sitting on the beach. (photo's in my gallery if ya wanna see) I stiill have lots of those feelings but its better than it was before my day away. think I need to go get my meds changed, what I have is not working to good anymore.
For Ally's birthday in Dec. I got her some scrapbook stuff, complete with album and then gave her all the pics I took from her birthday party. she started scrappin on Sat. and is loving it. little girl is quiet good at it too.
Anyway I will be taking some pics of her pages maybe today and getting them posted os yall can see what she is doing. she is very proud of herself too. lol
ok time to go get things done for the day.
have a good day yall.

Good morning...I hope the walk on the beach helped yesterday....A walk like that would do wonders for me! I looked at the beach shots and they were very nice...Hope Ally enjoys her scrapping....!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-18-10 08:03 AM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
Oh yes I have returned from the tooth place....and they very casually said, oh yes you need two crowns, and some type of procedure to fill gum voids.....etc, etc. etc. to the tune of about $6500.00!!!!! You know like it was twenty bucks!!!!!! Of course I am not doing any of it..........I got my teeth cleaned, and that is it!!!!!!! Oh yes and the exrays etc......is there such a thing as good dental insurance....I am just curious.??????

I had an excellent dental insurance plan while working and Allen was on it also.. When I retired, there went the dental insurance. Why is everything so expensive today! Teeth, eyes, insurance.....grrrrrrr!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-18-10 08:07 AM
In response to annscraps

• Ann Marie Said:
I am going to go in and find freecycle after I'm done giving everyone pain in here ---- and organizing --- Tishie you had me there for darned near two weeks --- of course we organized your photos from the closet, and you kept us busy on the go to wonderful places --- anyhow -- I need to organize my projects -- not so much my room --- keep the old pictures I'm working on out so I don't forget, keep the Christmas books out so I remember, keep the home town stuff out so I work on that book --- sounds kinda sad --- pretty soon I'll have to put numbers on the piles and pin matching ones to my shirt to remind me to go look at the piles!

Betsey ---- my tooth surgery is coming up --- and you know how I am with the tooth technician --- but I am getting EIGHT (I thought seven till I talked to them the other day) crowns, plus a root canal and two fillings. The crowns are about $700 each but we do have insurance which pays 50% thank God --- BUT -- I haven't found any insurance to do away with the trauma I'm going to go through. Yes, pulling out my toenails WOULD be better. An appendectomy without general anesthesia would be better.

I know, I know, but having you help me rearrange a room while you were on vacation wouldn't have been fair would it..!!! By the way I was in a really good mood this morning, now I am not.
I just viewed my Verizon Cell bill on line and now I am mad! My cell service has always been about $43.00 a month (which included, insurance, text messaging and about 250 minutes - all I need) We decided to add a line for Allen and the bill shows $106.00 on line. I do not think so! I am about to call them and see what in heck they did or what they changed us to.....grrrrrr, no way in heck will I even have a cell phone at that price!!!! The problem is....when I call them, usually you get put on hold for 15 minutes and that makes me madder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to annscraps

Lori I found freecycle in Lincoln --- now there must be more to it than this --- all the posts I found were wanting to get "meetups" -- nothing about getting rid of stuff --- is that in another area or what? They had a scrapbook place on there -- two people who wanted to visit with other scrappers and one who has 3 times a week scraps (sounded like she was charging for it though) ---- so do I need to explore looking for some specific place to list stuff? HELP! OK -- time to hit reality and go check my work email. Blah.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • Ann Marie Said:

I know, I know, but having you help me rearrange a room while you were on vacation wouldn't have been fair would it..!!! By the way I was in a really good mood this morning, now I am not.
I just viewed my Verizon Cell bill on line and now I am mad! My cell service has always been about $43.00 a month (which included, insurance, text messaging and about 250 minutes - all I need) We decided to add a line for Allen and the bill shows $106.00 on line. I do not think so! I am about to call them and see what in heck they did or what they changed us to.....grrrrrr, no way in heck will I even have a cell phone at that price!!!! The problem is....when I call them, usually you get put on hold for 15 minutes and that makes me madder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohhhhhh Tish....do not get me started on Verizon....I have their Cell phone service too.....I have some weird plan, 450 min a month which is the least I could get, I had more minutes........when I was younger, on the road, traveled, working that was fine....... and I just never changed it.....when my phone went crazy about two years ago....I had to get a new phone, which of course meant a new plan....got the cheapest one they told me about....it was $39.95 a month......I do NOT have texting although it is available on my phone. Somehow within the past year, my bill went up to 55 dollars, then 60 and then, get this, I get charged for text minutes......the advertising they sent via text, they charge you for, it amount to around $10 or so every month. I called and they said not to accept the calls, so I dont now but my bill is now up to $70 p month, nothing has changed, blah, blah, blah............I went there to find out if they have that senior citizens plan like others do that is about $20 a month.....and they do but it is $40 a month and I can't get it until my contract runs out. I know you are tired of reading this, but ....get this......my phone does not work inside my house......I can use it fine from a ship in Alaska, but not in my own house!!!!!!!! And.......they want me to buy their FIOS internet, TV plan.......yeah....right........hold your breath until that happens. LOL
'

OK......OK I am done now!!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Tish.....Oh yes.....just so you know......re-decorating a room in someone else's house, especially a scrap room, IS a vacation......It would be fun!!!!!! I have been to Maine, see all the sights......Bar Harbor, the mountains, the lighthouses, etc., etc., etc., and I loved it!!!! Ate lobster until I could not move......went to antique stores, junk shops, flea markets, took a basket class.....(outside in a beautiful garden, I might add).......I do not need to sightsee....it would be fun to just be in Maine in the winter!!!!!!!!

However, after the last two weeks here, I would no doubt freeze to death before it was over!!!!!!!

Geebaw
Geebaw 
Diva
Geebaw
In response to memex9

Good Morning, Friends!

Just popping in to let you all know that I get the doddering senility award for the month....I dutifully followed Ann's link to this new thread last week...even posted....Then spent the rest of the week wondering why the rest of you were being so absent.....Thinks I, "They must all be really busy or under the weather!" THEN I come back to work this morning after a weekend of what I assumed would be many Grannie posts to find NONE in my inbox!!!! SAY WHAT???? So......I follow my link to my Grannies....and where does it take me???? Oh, yes....to the OLD thread!!! I failed to mark THIS thread as a favorite or subscribe to it last week...and I would have SWORN I did that!!! Soooooo....yes....I am the most senile of the bunch....at least THIS week!! LOL

Anyway....here I am about 18 pages of posts behind already!!! Jeez Louise!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Seriously, re the cell phone thing......I really do not want to be without a cell phone these days, it makes me feel safer to have it when I am out and about these days.......the idea of not having it is not really an option, although if I cannot find a cheaper way to go, I may just get rid of it.......but that is not on the list yet!!!!! I do, however need to get a cheaper plan, I think my daughters carrier, AT&T I think, has one of those senior citizens plans for $20 a month....it is not a prepaid, or a throwaway...regualr cell, just no frills!!!! That would be fine with me!!!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Geebaw

• Geebaw Said:
Good Morning, Friends!

Just popping in to let you all know that I get the doddering senility award for the month....I dutifully followed Ann's link to this new thread last week...even posted....Then spent the rest of the week wondering why the rest of you were being so absent.....Thinks I, "They must all be really busy or under the weather!" THEN I come back to work this morning after a weekend of what I assumed would be many Grannie posts to find NONE in my inbox!!!! SAY WHAT???? So......I follow my link to my Grannies....and where does it take me???? Oh, yes....to the OLD thread!!! I failed to mark THIS thread as a favorite or subscribe to it last week...and I would have SWORN I did that!!! Soooooo....yes....I am the most senile of the bunch....at least THIS week!! LOL

Oh I am so glad you are back.....this made me laugh out loud.!!!!!! You are in the right group that is for sure......and don't feel bad.......I have done worse than that lately.......I refuse to call it senility, however.......how about just a bit confused!!!!!!!! There.....that is better!!!!! Good morning to you.........so happy you are here....and hope you are feeling well and chipper....nothing wrong with your sense of humore, that is for sure!!!!!!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to annscraps

Hi Fabulous Grandmothers:

Leslie (slywalker) and I have chit chatted and she said you will let me join your group....I won't be a Grandma for about 41/2 weeks....Baby Girl is due 2/24 and I've already spent too much money.....hehe.

Anyhow, this is me:

Diana
BD 3-3-47
I work pt: two days a week (Tuesdays and Wednesdays). Love my job but have decided to leave June 30th. Hubby is retired now; I want to be also.

Born in Seattle WA and don't live very far from there now; beautiful country out here.

I've been married to Dale for 43 years. Met him when I was 16; by 17 in love.....still am. Married at 19...became a mother at 28.

I have two kids: Dustin is 34; married 6 years to Dawn (been together 14 years now)..no kids.

Daughter Danielle is 27 and married to Stephen ...she's the preggo one. She's looking so cute now - but I confess I'm prejudice... Her hubby is serving our country (Army) in Afghanistan right now. He's an 1st Lt. and luckily for us all has an office type job on the base out of Kandahar....safer we hope.

How I got into Scrapbooking: My dil used to stamp and after we took a trip to Italy in 2004 together I told her I'd heard about Scrapbooking and wanted to do some pages of our trip. This was in the month of Oct. '05. She brought me some of her inks and a few stamps and introduced me to a couple of local lss; and told me there was a convention coming up that she thought I'd like...we went to the Seattle CK convention.... oh my gosh.... I was on overload immediately upon walking into that huge vendor faire.

She doesn't scrapbook and I'm now beyond help...so addicted....so many tools and supplies

I love to garden in the summer and that always 'gets in the way' of scrapbooking....but can't give it up as I love to get my hands dirty. I have no pretty fingernails...hate gloves.

I'm typing this on my daughters laptop as I did a sleep-over last night. I'm helping her with a few of the last decorative touches for the nursery. Her hubby is booked on a flight out of Aghhanistan 2/20; be home 2/22....baby due 2/24. Danielle is trying to not get too anxious; yet.

ok; so that's probably more about me than you want at this time.....I will start ready the posts over the last month and try to get to know you all some.

Check out my gallery if you want to see my 'style' (whatever that means) and there are some photos of my kids.

I blog as I like to write and my distance relatives love reading me daily...or when I blog:
http://oh-for-joy.blogspot.com

Joy is my middle name and Danielle is giving baby girl that middle name also...so sweet. She is named Dorina Joy....calling her Dori.

bye for now... we're going shopping to JoAnns soon as I ran out of brown fabric for some wall decorations (owls and birds).

Oh, have any of you ever cut the Cricut Vinyl? Any tips.... I'm going to cut Dori's initials out for daughter soon.

Diana

Edited by Sunnydi on 01-18-10 01:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Geebaw
Geebaw 
Diva
Geebaw
In response to Sunnydi

Welcome, welcome, Diana!!

I am in the Texas Panhandle...60 year old grandmother of 6 (2 boys and 4 girls).

Can't wait to visit your Gallery and get to know you!

lillylucille
Idol
lillylucille
In response to Sunnydi

Hello! I'm new in this group too, but am well known for my wisecracks...i've been with sb.com for a few years....so welcome to the bunch here. I am linda, lilly, lillylucille, lindalucille, that person, mouthy, crazy, and a few other names we won't go into.I clicked on the link for your blog, but got a "does not exist" message...so i thought i had better let you know that at this moment in time, you do not exist. LOL !
  • Sunnydi Said:

Leslie (slywalker) and I have chit chatted and she said you will let me join your group....I won't be a Grandma for about 41/2 weeks....Baby Girl is due 2/24 and I've already spent too much money.....hehe.

Anyhow, this is me:

Diana
BD 3-3-47
I work pt: two days a week (Tuesdays and Wednesdays). Love my job but have decided to leave June 30th. Hubby is retired now; I want to be also.

Born in Seattle WA and don't live very far from there now; beautiful country out here.

I've been married to Dale for 43 years. Met him when I was 16; by 17 in love.....still am. Married at 19...became a mother at 28.

I have two kids: Dustin is 34; married 6 years to Dawn (been together 14 years now)..no kids.

Daughter Danielle is 27 and married to Stephen ...she's the preggo one. She's looking so cute now - but I confess I'm prejudice... Her hubby is serving our country (Army) in Afghanistan right now. He's an 1st Lt. and luckily for us all has an office type job on the base out of Kandahar....safer we hope.

How I got into Scrapbooking: My dil used to stamp and after we took a trip to Italy in 2004 together I told her I'd heard about Scrapbooking and wanted to do some pages of our trip. This was in the month of Oct. '05. She brought me some of her inks and a few stamps and introduced me to a couple of local lss; and told me there was a convention coming up that she thought I'd like...we went to the Seattle CK convention.... oh my gosh.... I was on overload immediately upon walking into that huge vendor faire.

She doesn't scrapbook and I'm now beyond help...so addicted....so many tools and supplies

I love to garden in the summer and that always 'gets in the way' of scrapbooking....but can't give it up as I love to get my hands dirty. I have no pretty fingernails...hate gloves.

I'm typing this on my daughters laptop as I did a sleep-over last night. I'm helping her with a few of the last decorative touches for the nursery. Her hubby is booked on a flight out of Aghhanistan 2/20; be home 2/22....baby due 2/24. Danielle is trying to not get too anxious; yet.

ok; so that's probably more about me than you want at this time.....I will start ready the posts over the last month and try to get to know you all some.

Check out my gallery if you want to see my 'style' (whatever that means) and there are some photos of my kids.

I blog as I like to write and my distance relatives love reading me daily...or when I blog:
www.ohforjoy.blogspot.com

Joy is my middle name and Danielle is giving baby girl that middle name also...so sweet. She is named Dorina Joy....calling her Dori.

bye for now... we're going shopping to JoAnns soon as I ran out of brown fabric for some wall decorations (owls and birds).

Oh, have any of you ever cut the Cricut Vinyl? Any tips.... I'm going to cut Dori's initials out for daughter soon.

Diana

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea

Hi yall!!! Hi Diana!!! I know you remember me from the Froop Loop Group. I seriously had to stop with that one, too many prego ladies on there. Couldn't take the chance that it might be contagious!!!LOLOL!!!!!

Anywho, I am dropping one off, just a fun one I did with me and my granddaughter at the same age!!!
Mini-Me??? By Sandiesea

Geebaw
Geebaw 
Diva
Geebaw
In response to sandiesea

Great page, Sandie!!! What an awesome idea to scrap!

Hello to you, too, Linda/Lilly/Lillylucille, et al!!! I guess I was "absent" when you joined, 'cause you are new to me as well as Diana!! Glad to see you here!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9

Hi Diana and Linda,(lily, lily- lucille, or whatever you are answering to today........Welcome, welcome, welcome to our crazy group......I hold the honor(??????) of being the oldest person(70) in the group, so far, anyway...... My name is Betsey, I live in Florida, Gulf Coast......I have four children, all married, and 11 grandchildren. Some live near me and some live in Maryland. I have a grandson, Matt who is stationed in Iraq right now, and a new gsil, Marc, who is married to my dgd Rachael, who will be leaving for Afghanistan in March. I have been scrapping since around 2000....self taught, and a member on sb.com since last Feb. I also joined this group at that time.......and I love it. I have progressed in my scrapping a great deal since joining sb.com.....and love all of my "on-line" friends....so welcome to you, come join us.....we are alot of fun......in fact these girls make me laugh out loud often!!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Oh yes....and Diana.....I am a gardener without gloves too!!!!!! I also am obviously not into fingernails and such.......Gardening in Florida is an experience you don't want to have.....trust me. And......I have a sister that lives in Walla Walla, WA, where I was last summer, and we worked in her beautiful, wonderful gardens for a week....it was wonderful. I love Seattle and also Bellingham, where my two nephews live!!!! Wish I had known you then, we could have met maybe!!!!!! So happy to have new gals on this thread.....!!!!!

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea
In response to memex9

Why Betsey????? Are you tired of us old ones?????

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to sandiesea

• sandiesea Said:
Why Betsey????? Are you tired of us old ones?????

OMG is that how that sounded??????? Not at all what I meant....but....then......hmmmmmmmm!!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Oh and Sandie....by the way....I love, love, love that newest page you just did......How cute!!!! And you really do look alike. A very clever idea for a page......I did one similar to that with a 3rd grade photo of my dd Karen and then her dd Rachael....and no one can tell which is which......!!!!! I think it is in Rachaels book!!!!! But it does not give the same effect as yours....I love this one!!!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-18-10 10:30 AM
In response to memex9

Oh My I CAME IN TO DROP OFF A PAGE, and I find all kind of activity going on and a new face! Now please don't think I am being a snob, but I have to give up this computer to hubby for a bit and I will come back to welcome our new member....

Whew Pam...I thought you were out wandering around in Cyber space .... thank goodness you found us! I shall return in about one hour....so try to behave.

that means you Linda..lucy...lucille!!!! So glad to see new faces and of course our regular faces!

A Kodak Moment By Tishd

Edited by Tishd on 01-18-10 10:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
Tish.....Oh yes.....just so you know......re-decorating a room in someone else's house, especially a scrap room, IS a vacation......It would be fun!!!!!! I have been to Maine, see all the sights......Bar Harbor, the mountains, the lighthouses, etc., etc., etc., and I loved it!!!! Ate lobster until I could not move......went to antique stores, junk shops, flea markets, took a basket class.....(outside in a beautiful garden, I might add).......I do not need to sightsee....it would be fun to just be in Maine in the winter!!!!!!!!

However, after the last two weeks here, I would no doubt freeze to death before it was over!!!!!!!

Yes Betsey --- Tishie just needs to get this through her head --- we'll be going out there next summer and you can BET we will redecorate her scrap room --- I'll send her a list of what to buy and she's got 1 1/2 years to get it :+) AND we do that at night when it's too dark to go anywhere -- then sightsee in the daytime -- or drive the guys nuts on great adventures --- :+)

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to annscraps

And I just LOVE to hear all this stuff about Verizon --- can hardly wait. They bought AllTel which WAS our server --- I pay $136 a month because I have an internet connector from them too --- ask Tishie how well it worked in Maine. (They said ANYWHERE your phone comes in so does your internet). I still have the old AllTel phone but am now paying to Verizon --- and when my contract is up will have to go in and work something out with them ... gee I'm excited!!!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to Geebaw

• Geebaw Said:
Good Morning, Friends!

Oh thank you Pam!!!! First, for not having run away. Second for sharing senility with us --- it's always nice to hear from a fellow sufferer. SOOOO --- are you back to work? How long were you off for the surgery? I just got back from the grocery store --- I told Ron, after what 3 days at home -- that he IS going to follow doctors' orders --- maybe he's been home longer -- BUT he has been to the store twice, driving (which the doc said he'd prefer he not do) --- not drinking water --- and on and on --- so today I HAVE become his keeper. He THOUGHT he was going to both doctors alone tomorrow --- right Ron.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to annscraps

• Ann Marie Said:
And I just LOVE to hear all this stuff about Verizon --- can hardly wait. They bought AllTel which WAS our server --- I pay $136 a month because I have an internet connector from them too --- ask Tishie how well it worked in Maine. (They said ANYWHERE your phone comes in so does your internet). I still have the old AllTel phone but am now paying to Verizon --- and when my contract is up will have to go in and work something out with them ... gee I'm excited!!!

Ohhhhhh Lucky you!!!!!!!! Good luck!!!!!! Karens cell phone, Mandy's and in fact everyone who does not have Verizon works in my house......Just not mine!!!!!!!! If someone calls me on my cell phone, I have to go outside to talk!!!!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

OMG....Annie...he is just such a MAN person!!!!!!! Do NOT follow dr.'s orders, they mean other people, certainly not him!!!!!!! It is a good thing you are "on the job"!!!!!!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:

Anyhow, this is me:

Diana
BD 3-3-47

www.ohforjoy.blogspot.com

Diana

Welcome welcome welcome Diana!!!! SO glad you came in. I told Lesley last night we will all enjoy watching you become as stupid and silly as the rest of us are over the prettiest granddaughter in the world :+) Not far off now!!! AND you think you're addicted to scrapping NOW --- just wait, just wait --- we'll have layouts of Dori smiling at 9 AM and at 9:01 AM and at 9:02 am -- come to think of it -- I DID do a page similar TO that of our youngest dgd.

Your marriage and mine are sorta parallel --- we're born the same year. Ron and I knew each other forever -- were married just before my 17th birhtday and had all three children by age 21. So we are on year 45 now.

You'll have lots of people to talk to about sil being overseas --- Lori's son has been in Iraq; Betsey has two grandsons over there --- they'll tell you. My hubbie's family -- the five boys put in a total of 32 years in various branches; plus their father and HIS brothers added another 20 years :+)

Be sure and post your layouts in here so we don't miss any and can leave luv on them. Right now we have a challenge going --- it's on page one in that first message.

SO glad to have you aboard!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

OK....I am now oficially OVERWHELMED!!!!!!!! I just found a huge box of photos, cards, little tid bits I saved for the "day" I made Hillary a book.....been saving since 1992 when she was born........OMG!!!! I have enough stuff to do 5 books just for her!!!!!! But I have found more photos from Maine......my Mother, and just "stuff"!!!!!!!! I will certainly be busy!!!! And just to think, I have already made scrapbooks for four of the eleven grandchildren, I could do them twice over again.......with what I am finding....not to mention my two nephews in WA..........

I think I need a nap!!!!! I guess Tish is rubbing off on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

I think I am back to marathon scrapping again.....what the heck was I thinking?????????? Not to mention the little trips down memory lane that bring a tear to my eye.......YYYIIIIPES!!!!!!!!!!!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • Ann Marie Said:

Ohhhhhh Lucky you!!!!!!!! Good luck!!!!!! Karens cell phone, Mandy's and in fact everyone who does not have Verizon works in my house......Just not mine!!!!!!!! If someone calls me on my cell phone, I have to go outside to talk!!!!!!!!

I'm starting to have visions of some of this other companies getting a visit from me too --- I mean I THINK there are still other companies??? I can hardly wait!!!!

And Ron -- yes -- the man thing -- "Who ME??? Still feeling weak after the slit open my gut and pulled out most of my intestine. Not ME!!! And such SILLY rules -- drink water??? Don't drive??? BUT I'm supposed to WALK? Doesn't make sense to me so I won't do it. " My sil told me that when she left the hospital (after a very long stay) the doctor told her to figure it takes 7 days to recover from each one day in the hospital -- which puts Ron at 98 days --- which ACTUALLY makes sense --- three months is about right. So he will start doing what he is supposed to or he will not live to SEE month three.

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
OK....I am now oficially OVERWHELMED!!!!!!!! I just found a huge box of photos, cards, little tid bits I saved for the "day" I made Hillary a book.....been saving since 1992 when she was born........OMG!!!! I have enough stuff to do 5 books just for her!!!!!! But I have found more photos from Maine......my Mother, and just "stuff"!!!!!!!! I will certainly be busy!!!! And just to think, I have already made scrapbooks for four of the eleven grandchildren, I could do them twice over again.......with what I am finding....not to mention my two nephews in WA..........

I think I need a nap!!!!! I guess Tish is rubbing off on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ABSOLUTELY NOT --- you do not let Bat Woman of Maine rub off on you. I'll have enough to do nagging her AND you --- but if you pick up her bad habits, I may have to just yell at both of you outright instead of trying to do it gently.

BUT --- what a wonderful wonderful wonderful find!!! SOOOO glad you are back into the scrapping mood. I have so many special albums to do --- Ron's from Korea when he was in the Army; my dear grandparents' 65th wedding anniversary celebration; my high school days; plus about 30,000 of the grands and all of the kids from growing up -- plus all my genealogy ones --- what do I have to live to at this point -- 175???? IF I quit taking pictures -- like that is gonna happen :+)

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to annscraps

Afternoon! If my typing gets a bit off, please overlook and try to translate. I spent almost 6 hours in the stinkin' walk-in cooler at work, as the salad bar cooler just up and quit after I left work on Friday. All I can say is, what a total mess! I didn't do ANY prep. NONE! And I told mgr Paul about it when he was there for an hoour or so. He said don't worry about it. But I had to go on a recon mission any time I needed to ghet something for the salad bar. So my hands are nice and numb.

Welcome to the nuthouse, Diane! And congrats on expecting your first grandkidlet! I'm Lori, mom to three sons...Jai, dad to Madison, age 4, and MAYBE to Rylee, age 8 months; Wes, dad to Reese, age 14 months; and Dale, my Army kid, dad to Slayd, age 26 months, and hubby to Amber, who he's been with since they were 14 years old. Married to Paul for 11 1/2 years, who is a towtruck driver for his dad's business, and I'm a salad bar attendant at Ruby Tuesday, aka, h e ll on earth.

lillylucille
Idol
lillylucille
In response to annscraps

175? well, that only leaves a few to go Ann, so you probably ought to shoot for living to 250.
RAOFLMAO!!!

lillylucille
Idol
lillylucille

OOOOOOOO.........i bet you are REAL glad you invited me now.

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori

Oh, and speaking of gardening, I've decided I'm NOT putting a garden in this year. Dale, Amber, and Slayd will be living with us this summer. Why garden when I can use my time more productively? Like making that rotten little guy even more rotten than he already is? LOL

lillylucille
Idol
lillylucille
In response to JustLori

LOL, love your logic Lori, spoil that little fella, torture his parents...LOL!
Oh, and speaking of gardening, I've decided I'm NOT putting a garden in this year. Dale, Amber, and Slayd will be living with us this summer. Why garden when I can use my time more productively? Like making that rotten little guy even more rotten than he already is? LOL

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori

Well, I do have to be careful....don't want the ultimate rottenness kicking in till they've found their own place! YIKES! LOL

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to JustLori

And, after all....you know what they say about paybacks...and Dale was "that" kid when he was little...you know....Spawn of Satan?

Geebaw
Geebaw 
Diva
Geebaw
In response to annscraps

• Ann Marie Said:
  • Geebaw Said:
Good Morning, Friends!

Oh thank you Pam!!!! First, for not having run away. Second for sharing senility with us --- it's always nice to hear from a fellow sufferer. SOOOO --- are you back to work? How long were you off for the surgery?

My surgery was 12/8/09 and I came home 12/13/09. I had many tumors (one of them was the size of a baby's head, and the OR crew named it "Wayne"!!LOL) Also had an ovarian cyst and many pollops....all benign. I was off work until 1/11/10. (no driving for 2 weeks...and drinking lots of water!! Still no lifting anything heavier than 20 pounds and no housework!) My recovery was pretty uneventful. Everything went like clockwork....of course, I obeyed the doctor's orders because I'm not a man!!!

This is probably TMI, but it's kind of a funny story, so I will tell you anyway....When I went back to my crazy GYN's for my 2 week check-up, she checked my incision, and told me how great it looked. As she turned away from me to type into my computerized "chart" I sat up on the table. She turned back and said, "Hey! Where do you think you are going?" I allowed as how I thought we were finished since my incision looked so peachy keen. Says she, "Are you kidding? I'm a GYN!! Do you honestly think I'm going to let you out of here without an internal exam?!?" I was, typically, clueless and just blurted the first thing that came to mind! "INTERNAL exam?!? What are you going to look at??? There's nothing in there to see!! You got it ALL!!!" She instructed the nurse to hold me down if necessary....she was "going in!" Ah, yes...fun and games!! Ridculously, I thought my days of internal exams were over!!!! LOL

Another note on the NG tube.......I can TOTALLY sympathize with Ron's agitation about getting it out! The first one I had they put in while I was concious and I had to swallow it. I insisted it come out after 36 hours....and they finally agreed with me just to shut me up, I'm sure! Just thinking about that experience makes me shudder. The second one they put in while I was unconcious in surgery, so at least I don't have the nightmares of trying to swallow it! That one stayed in for 4 days....and my every waking thought once I was concious centered around when that thing would come out!!! I did not call anyone at midnight to get it out, but I can surely understand why Ron did!!

lillylucille
Idol
lillylucille
In response to JustLori

Ha! I know what you mean. And as they say, someday THEY will pick our nursing home....gotta be careful.

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori

Ah, but Linda, didn't I tell you? Dale has assured me I'd never end up in a nursing home! He likes to tell folks that he'll build me a shed out in the back yard, and I can have heat in the winter, a fan in the summer, and for an hour a day, he'll run an extension cord from the house so I can watch tv!

He's so rotten! When they were checking to see if I had lupus a few years ago, he said "don't worry if you need a kidney, Mom...I got two brothers, one of 'em is bound to be a match"!

See? Baby boy will always look after his mama!

lillylucille
Idol
lillylucille
In response to JustLori

LOL!

Page 4 of 494 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics