Page 7 of 494 
Username Post: The ORIGINAL Rockin Scrappin Grans & Friends Thread        (Topic#1525163)
Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-20-10 09:59 AM
In response to annscraps

and one from me this afternoon! Betsey you will notice I didn't listen to your nagging yet! lol

If I could turn back time By Tishd

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
Oh yes.....I almost forgot........POOOOOR ANNIE!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU DEAR BETSEY!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to annscraps

Tish.....now this is just getting plain weird....my Dad's birthday was also August 6th.....and 27 years after he died, my Mom died on August 6th of 2000.....which was just so strange!!!!!! I think my Dad was born in 1906 maybe 1907.....one or the other!!!!!

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to memex9

OMG, what a day! No, Ann, I have NOT been a lump. I have been THE top-notch EX daughter-in-law. Ex's mother and grandmother suffer from ill health, and the two of them live together. This morning one of them called Jai, as he is the "caretaker grandson", complaining of trouble breathing and what-not. He gets the other on the phone, and she is doing poorly as well. So he got off the phone with them, called to have two emergency squads dispatched to their house, and then he and I rushed to the hospital to meet them there. So, now both grannies have been admitted to the hospital for a couple of days due to complications from emphysema. The ex still doesn't know, as far as I know, as he is on the road and we'd been unable to reach his cell. So I finally left the hospital, went grocery shopping, and came home. Jai, on the other hand, is sitting between the two grannies, answering their every beck and call. That poor kid. He needs to take care of HIM for a change. But it's just not his nature.

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to annscraps

• Ann Marie Said:

Oh and Lori --- seafood --- I cannot stand it -- see you ARE getting more and more like Annie.

OK gotta go WORK --- POOR ANNIE!!!!!

You are getting so HATEFUL in your old age!

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to JustLori

Hey, if anyone is interested, I found this great site for digital photography! Lots of tips, reviews on cameras, etc....just all kinds of digi photography info!

http://digital-photograph y-school.com

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to JustLori

Who's on board for the granny train headed to Ft Carson Colorado? I'm ready to go and kick some military doctor butt! Slayd had been sick since the weekend. They couldn't get him into the doc on Monday, due to MLK. There were no appointments available Tuesday, so they were to take him in today. The doc CANCELLED. The child is SICK! It's not just a well-child visit, he is ILL! So I guess now Amber is calling around to the off-post facilities, trying to find a doc that will see the poor lil guy today. Ok, so he's got sinus drainage, sleeping alot, and a deep cough. So it's not a broken limb with bones protruding. But c'mon! You'd think, under current circumstances, that someone would think this was kind of important???

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to JustLori

Oh, and yesterday when I got to work, I "fixed" the salad bar cooler....thawed all the ice off the coils and works with a blow dryer, and when I left, it was workin' great. Stopped in today to pick up a job app for Jai...the stinkin' thing is broke AGAIN. I told Stacey she's GOTTA get me off the salad bar...before I bring my shotgun in and fix it for good!

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to JustLori

So, this is how my day off is going.....

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-20-10 11:28 AM
In response to JustLori

First a shout out to POOR ANNIE!!

I spent yesterday having a "jammie day" for myself. Did absolutely nothing. Had oatmeal and toast for dinner. Watched some tv shows I recorded and enjoyed the quiet.

I will be in LA from the 4th of February until the 7th. We are going to my dh's friends birthday party. He will be 90! That's on Saturday so thursday and Friday are for fun. Sunday we leave in the late evening so we can do some sightseeing then too. dh is from California and he loves the beaches. I want to go to Santa Monica Pier again. It's so colorful and makes for great pics! Yes the Cheesecake Factory has the best food and the best cheesecake of course. I love the Godiva Chocolate one.

I had a rather unsettling week-end with my grandgirls. They have switched schools and oldest grandgirl had been having some issues with some boys and girls in her class regarding sexual harassment. 4th graders mind you....I just cannot believe what they do and say to each other. These children tried to pin her to the fence so a boy who "liked" her could smack her butt. This type of behavior has been going on all year and dd finally had enough. The Principal gave the children involved 1 day detention. I am so furious. What the heck is going on in this world??

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-20-10 11:31 AM
In response to charK

Oh Lori....someone better remove all the sharps from her place and check her purse too!!!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-20-10 11:32 AM
In response to charK

Lesley there was a great article in the local paper today about aussie food. There is a place in Burien which is not far from the airport that sells all aussie stuff. Hve Erin check it out online. It's tacoma news tribune.

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Oh Lori....someone better remove all the sharps from her place and check her purse too!!!

Oh, don't worry, I won't reach for the sharps...they're far too quiet!

Ya know, this fighting with broken down equipment every day really jellies my doughnut! GRRR! Oh, but guess what! They DID spend money on a new machine that slices cucumbers and green peppers, so it'll save my hands some. Whoopee. I can't keep a working can opener in the place, but they'll buy that stupid stuff. OY!

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea
In response to JustLori

Dropping one off on a drive by ladies, be back in a while!
1959 By Sandiesea

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to sandiesea

So, I just got off the phone with Jai, and both grannies will be released from the hospital tomorrow. Seems their problems are due to having hairy shedding animals in the house and smoking, when they both have ASTHMA. Hellooooo! Y'all have emphysema and asthma, and you're going to live like that? SHEESH! So Jai is spending the night at their place, cleaning and vacuuming and trying to find new homes for their cats, dog, and bird!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to JustLori

Here are the three I did today....don't know why I am on a three a day kick....but who knows?????

Also, I am having trouble getting the cropped photos into the right file, so even though these were all cropped and fixed, that is not what I got!!!!!! Too tired to go back and fix!!!!!

The Light Of My Life!!!!!! By Memex9

Precious Girl By Memex9

Family Treasures-Four Generations By Memex9

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

These look so good on my screen when they were cropped, etc.....now they are kind of blurry, I sure wish I knew what the heck I was doing wrong with Picassa!!!!!! I thought I had it all figured out...but I guess not!!!!!!! LOL

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-20-10 01:06 PM
In response to memex9

Here's one from me.
Let's Eat By CharK

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to charK

Well, I finished my lo for the challenge...just waiting for Ann and Tish before I upload it!

Geebaw
Geebaw 
Diva
Geebaw
In response to JustLori

I also have the Challenge almost finished....just have to add the journaling tonite. I had so much to convey on the subject mine turned into a 2-pager....could have done 3!! (and may yet before I'm actually finished with it!!) This is actually a project I've been thinking about for some time....just had not translated it to an actual finished page(s)...so thanks, Lori, for Challenging us!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-20-10 02:54 PM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
Tish.....now this is just getting plain weird....my Dad's birthday was also August 6th.....and 27 years after he died, my Mom died on August 6th of 2000.....which was just so strange!!!!!! I think my Dad was born in 1906 maybe 1907.....one or the other!!!!!

I love dates, birth signs etc.....guess what my father died on my mother's birthday February 24, 1988. My parents were divorced when I was very young. Just a sad, sad...time but not to dwell on it now. I loved them both.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-20-10 02:58 PM
In response to JustLori

• Lori...ProudArmyMom Said:
Who's on board for the granny train headed to Ft Carson Colorado? I'm ready to go and kick some military doctor butt! Slayd had been sick since the weekend. They couldn't get him into the doc on Monday, due to MLK. There were no appointments available Tuesday, so they were to take him in today. The doc CANCELLED. The child is SICK! It's not just a well-child visit, he is ILL! So I guess now Amber is calling around to the off-post facilities, trying to find a doc that will see the poor lil guy today. Ok, so he's got sinus drainage, sleeping alot, and a deep cough. So it's not a broken limb with bones protruding. But c'mon! You'd think, under current circumstances, that someone would think this was kind of important???

On my way Lori, but I did have to hop a train from Portland, Maine to Boston, MA, then on to NY before I could get to Ohio to go with you...You still there?? Poor little guy. I hate it when a child is sick or an adult for that matter and you can't get in to see the doctor. How is he tonight? Hopefully doing better. I do have to get my butt in gear and get my challenge layout done. Will let you know when I am ready to post and we will go one, two, three, POST OK.

What a nice son you have...(Jai) It is good of him to be doing all of this for his grandmothers. Did he find homes for the animals yet?

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • memex9 Said:

I love dates, birth signs etc.....guess what my father died on my mother's birthday February 24, 1988. My parents were divorced when I was very young. Just a sad, sad...time but not to dwell on it now. I loved them both.

Now this is really weird......the more we talk, the more our lives seem to run along the same track......Hehehehehe.....Maybe we were friends or even family in another life!!!!! ROFL!!!!!

btw, speaking of dwelling....I think I have figured out what causes my down feelings at some times during the year.....when I am scrapping old stuff, not the geneology, but my kids when they were little, my grandkids that are all grown up now, when they were little, it really is kind of sad in a way......There are so many times I wish we could just go back for a day or two....I miss the little kids, and always having fun things to do......maybe that is it?????? I really would not want to go back permanently because with all the good there were some other times too......I don't miss that part at all!!!!! LOL I guess memories are always better than the real thing!!!!! Anyway...that is my lightbulb moment for the day!!!!!!!

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea
In response to memex9

Okay, here is my last for the day!
What a day for a Daydream By Sandiesea

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea
In response to sandiesea

Wow, Tish and Betsey, you guys are on a parallel time line!!! How weird is that!!!! Just a little freaky!!

Betsy, maybe we can chat on the phone in the morning. I am totally confused. If you don't have to print anything, where do you get the pic to put in your lo??? We definately have to talk about this!!

Lori, sorry to hear about your ex in-laws. Is your ex remarried??? If so, where is she???
Thank goodness that Jai is around.

Pam, you are on a roll with this challenge. I haven't started it yet, though I have thought a lot about it!!

Annie, I work usually on weekends, but when a patient has a problem with a bill or the office staff post something wrong, then I am there to put out the fire. That's what I spent a good part of today doing!!!

Diana, I bill for a physical therapy facility who specializes in lymphedema. Do you have chronic problems, or does it flare up now and then. Some of our patients go to therapy two or three times a week forever. Most of these are breast cancer patients, but we do have some others with lower extremities.

Linda, hope all is well with you and you are feeling fine.

Lesley, thanks for that link, I haven't had a chance to go there yet, but will try to do that later.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-20-10 05:30 PM
In response to sandiesea

Ok here you all go, your chuckle for the evening....One two three...(try to refrain from busting a stitch when you see this Lori!)

Ta da......an old photo!!!!

Maybe I am in this! lol

A Long Long Time Ago By Tishd

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to sandiesea

Hi...home from work and dinner cooked and eaten; dishes done...hubby helps with them. He helps a lot...bless him.

Annie and Sandie: My Lymphademia is constant as I have no lymph nodes. I keep it in control very well by wearing custom made stocking that has a full panty to it - the fluid builds up in my lower left abdomen also.... (stocking is now $600 a pair...thank goodness I still have good insurance). I wear the stocking everyday/min. 12 hours. I am able to keep most of the fluid build up above my knee. It's pretty painful when infiltrates the knee.

I also have a lyphademia pump. I pump each evening for 1/2 to 1 hour...depends on how long I want to read (or fall asleep). When this first started up in 1999 I went for pt to learn what to do. When we went to Europe in 2004 I rented a 'european' one to take as thiese pumps can't be used on a 'regulator'. Traveling is interesting as my pump is my carry-on. I get pulled aside at the airport each time and have my paperwork all ready for them.

Lori; Jai is going above and beyond the call....I also can't believe people smoke when they have emphasema and asthma. And thanks for that camera site. I was gifted some money at Christmas and I want to use it for a new camera.

ok, Dates: Some coincidences going on.... My mom and dad's divorce was final on Dec 7th; Pearl Harbor day, My brother and his wife married on that date. My mom's mo/day of births was: 8/8, my hubby's is 7/7, my close cousin who grew up with is 6/6, and mine is 3/3. last year I had a 'Square Root' birthday. 3x3=9 Those don't happen very often. I did a layotu about it:

Square Root Birthday By Sunnydi

ok, gotta do some deskwork....

see you all in a.m.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-20-10 06:24 PM
In response to Sunnydi

And another from me...three in one day...from me..is that some kind of record?

Slow down your're growing up to fast By Tishd

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to JustLori

OMG, what a day! No, Ann, I have NOT been a lump. I have been THE top-notch EX daughter-in-law. Ex's mother and grandmother suffer from ill health, and the two of them live together. This morning one of them called Jai, as he is the "caretaker grandson", complaining of trouble breathing and what-not. He gets the other on the phone, and she is doing poorly as well. So he got off the phone with them, called to have two emergency squads dispatched to their house, and then he and I rushed to the hospital to meet them there. So, now both grannies have been admitted to the hospital for a couple of days due to complications from emphysema. The ex still doesn't know, as far as I know, as he is on the road and we'd been unable to reach his cell. So I finally left the hospital, went grocery shopping, and came home. Jai, on the other hand, is sitting between the two grannies, answering their every beck and call. That poor kid. He needs to take care of HIM for a change. But it's just not his nature.

Awe geesh Lori -- when a day turns to shiX it really does doesn't it? How sweet Jai is though -- sitting there with his grandma and his auntie -- heck he may be the first CHILD inducted into the Circle of Saints --- St. Jai :+) Hope the ladies are doing better.

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to JustLori

So, this is how my day off is going.....

I Shall repeat --- when a day turns to shiX it really does! What the he!! with the doctors on the base? Have they NOT heard of the flu epidemic? If you want to head out you can spend the night at my place and then we'll both conceal and carry together .... HOPE they found someone to take care of Slayd -- maybe they have those walk-in clinics there -- like at the pharmacies ???

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to JustLori

So, I just got off the phone with Jai, and both grannies will be released from the hospital tomorrow. Seems their problems are due to having hairy shedding animals in the house and smoking, when they both have ASTHMA. Hellooooo! Y'all have emphysema and asthma, and you're going to live like that? SHEESH! So Jai is spending the night at their place, cleaning and vacuuming and trying to find new homes for their cats, dog, and bird!

LOL -- it's not funny BUT what else can you do? I remember when I grandpa was dying, they told him he had to stop smoking. My grandma nagged and nagged at him --- I went to the hospital, got a wheelchair, took him outside and had cigarettes in my pocket for him. I mean give me a break in his case :+) AND -- do you suppose Jai could be talked into helping take care of a saint in Nebraska (saint in small letters)? Send him my way.

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to JustLori

Well, I finished my lo for the challenge...just waiting for Ann and Tish before I upload it!

I'm getting there!!!!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • Tishd Said:
  • memex9 Said:

Now this is really weird......the more we talk, the more our lives seem to run along the same track......Hehehehehe.....Maybe we were friends or even family in another life!!!!! ROFL!!!!!

btw, speaking of dwelling....I think I have figured out what causes my down feelings at some times during the year.....when I am scrapping old stuff, not the geneology, but my kids when they were little, my grandkids that are all grown up now, when they were little, it really is kind of sad in a way......There are so many times I wish we could just go back for a day or two....I miss the little kids, and always having fun things to do......maybe that is it?????? I really would not want to go back permanently because with all the good there were some other times too......I don't miss that part at all!!!!! LOL I guess memories are always better than the real thing!!!!! Anyway...that is my lightbulb moment for the day!!!!!!!

Oh Betsey -- that is exactly how I feel --- I can't do too many of the kids in a row -- it makes me sad. BUT I have also so many pictures of my dad and grandparents and I want to scrap them, and they break my heart. THEN there are the ones of Cody (oldest grandson age 12) as a preschooler --- that breaks my heart --- maybe I should go take pictures of strangers on a corner so I can scrap :+)

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-20-10 06:36 PM
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
Hi...home from work and dinner cooked and eaten; dishes done...hubby helps with them. He helps a lot...bless him.

Annie and Sandie: My Lymphademia is constant as I have no lymph nodes. I keep it in control very well by wearing custom made stocking that has a full panty to it - the fluid builds up in my lower left abdomen also.... (stocking is now $600 a pair...thank goodness I still have good insurance). I wear the stocking everyday/min. 12 hours. I am able to keep most of the fluid build up above my knee. It's pretty painful when infiltrates the knee.

I also have a lyphademia pump. I pump each evening for 1/2 to 1 hour...depends on how long I want to read (or fall asleep). When this first started up in 1999 I went for pt to learn what to do. When we went to Europe in 2004 I rented a 'european' one to take as thiese pumps can't be used on a 'regulator'. Traveling is interesting as my pump is my carry-on. I get pulled aside at the airport each time and have my paperwork all ready for them.

Lori; Jai is going above and beyond the call....I also can't believe people smoke when they have emphasema and asthma. And thanks for that camera site. I was gifted some money at Christmas and I want to use it for a new camera.

ok, Dates: Some coincidences going on.... My mom and dad's divorce was final on Dec 7th; Pearl Harbor day, My brother and his wife married on that date. My mom's mo/day of births was: 8/8, my hubby's is 7/7, my close cousin who grew up with is 6/6, and mine is 3/3. last year I had a 'Square Root' birthday. 3x3=9 Those don't happen very often. I did a layotu about it:

see you all in a.m.

Diana...my brother's birthday is December 7th, Pearl Harbor Day, and also my son in law, Larry. My brother's birthday has always been an easy one to remember because of Pearl Harbor Day.

It sounds like you have a sweet hubby. My hubby, now that he is "Older" and retired is really good about helping with dishes and things around the house. When the children were younger, it seemed like he just didn't have time. Not only did he teach full time, he also did work on a farm part time and carpenter work part time just to keep us going!

I start to write about your lympademia, and then end up erasing because I am always afraid of saying something inappropriate. I admire all you are doing with the lympademia. Thank goodness you have good insurance.

I was diagnosed with Chronic Lympathic Leukemia about two years ago....I guess from what my oncologist says, it is a very slow progressing type of cancer, and thus far, have not had to have any type of treatment. (It is just sort of a wait and watch treatment I guess. I do go for my blood work and monitoring... and actually feel fine.

Ok off to either scrap more, or creep into bed...(don't tell Annie)

This is sort of a joke between us .... lol

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:

see you all in a.m.

Well Di you have so far been spared the stories of my "Mommie Dearest" --- but speaking of dates she was born on 4/1/1926 -- yes April Fool's Day. NOTHING could be more fitting.

Sounds like you are on top of the lymphedema --- a lot of the patient's in my primary client's office deal with this but unless they approach it with the right attitude, as you know, they get nowhere. Unfortunately they are the majority.

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • Sunnydi Said:

see you all in a.m.

Diana...my brother's birthday is December 7th, Pearl Harbor Day, and also my son in law, Larry. My brother's birthday has always been an easy one to remember because of Pearl Harbor Day.

It sounds like you have a sweet hubby. My hubby, now that he is "Older" and retired is really good about helping with dishes and things around the house. When the children were younger, it seemed like he just didn't have time. Not only did he teach full time, he also did work on a farm part time and carpenter work part time just to keep us going!

I start to write about your lympademia, and then end up erasing because I am always afraid of saying something inappropriate. I admire all you are doing with the lympademia. Thank goodness you have good insurance.

I was diagnosed with Chronic Lympathic Leukemia about two years ago....I guess from what my oncologist says, it is a very slow progressing type of cancer, and thus far, have not had to have any type of treatment. (It is just sort of a wait and watch treatment I guess. I do go for my blood work and monitoring... and actually feel fine.

Creep in to bed my butt --- woman get busy scrapping. AND I just realized who had the classy layout -- I saw it briefly when I came in, and was arrowing backwards --- it was your's. I LOVE it!!!!!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to annscraps

Here's my latest ---

Your Chrissy Do By Ann Marie

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to annscraps

• Ann Marie Said:
  • Tishd Said:
  • Sunnydi Said:

see you all in a.m.

Creep in to bed my butt --- woman get busy scrapping. AND I just realized who had the classy layout -- I saw it briefly when I came in, and was arrowing backwards --- it was your's. I LOVE it!!!!!

Anne: "I start to write about your lympademia, and then end up erasing because I am always afraid of saying something inappropriate."

So what is it you want to share?

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
  • Ann Marie Said:
  • Tishd Said:
  • Sunnydi Said:

see you all in a.m.

Anne: "I start to write about your lympademia, and then end up erasing because I am always afraid of saying something inappropriate."

That was Tishie saying that Di -- we are getting this to the point of confusion. Tish --- answer!!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to annscraps

OK ladies -- I heard back from one of our four missing grans --- Tee Tee does want to stay with us and she WILL be getting her fanny in here. Will keep you posted on everyone.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

Forgot to say Betsey...I too love old oak furniture and those shelves sound marvelous. You made me lol at the thought of you loading them onto your truck. I keep telling hubby he's lucky we have a small house as I can't get the 'big' stuff I love in...

You are stronger and braver than I. I could never have done/do what you did....going around alone selling at various flea markets, etc. My lady friends who do it (not so much anymore now that they are 60's) always buddied up and told me they never stayed at a motel too close to selling venue becuase of the stalkers. Some of the guys I know who sell have been robbed at night while asleep in a motel; before alarms.

Remember Gene Florence? has written a lot of Depression glass books? He just retired and printed his last books. I have some depression glass...not a lot though.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to annscraps

oh gosh you're right. Tish:

"I start to write about your lympademia, and then end up erasing because I am always afraid of saying something inappropriate."

Edited by Sunnydi on 01-20-10 07:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • memex9 Said:
  • sandiesea Said:
Good morning ladies! Happy Wednesday!!!

Betsey, I was amazed as well with Mass voting in a Republican. Sure did upset the old apple cart!!

I have been to the cheesecake factory at the inner harbor only once. I just don't get down there too often!! I have been more to the one in Chicago than the one here!!LOL!!

Betsey, you and Diana have a lot in common with the antiques, etc. Think of the trouble you two could get in to!!! LOL!!!

I am having trouble getting in to everyone's gallery, but only from my older computer. Maybe it just has so much on it that it weirds out sometimes!!! (Techie, aren't I?????)

Sandie I am thinking that there is something wrong with sb.com.....as everything re Gallery viewing seems to be screwed up and taking forever to move from place to place....and I am on my new computer with nothing in its memory bank!!!!! (more techie talk) ROF!!!!!!

Maybe we will go to the Cheesecake Factory when I am there in the spring?????? It is a thought although there are a million great places near you too!!!! I get so hungry for Maryland seafood, I am good at the corner pub if they serve crabcakes etc......LOL Speaking of which ....do you remember Oak Grove...????? Is it still there?????? I used to go there alot.....when I lived there.....I knew all the bartenders and waitresses ......60's and 70's years......!!!!! And there was a place at Riva Beach, forgot the name, they had the BEST Crabs and CrabOyster Roasts. The guy that owned it was Mike.....do you remember that place? WOW these old photos are giving me a trip down memory lane!!!!!! ROFL

Oh no, more seafood talk...you do realize this talk makes me crave seafood! I love crabcakes.
I guess the closest I will come to seafood today is some clam chowder (out of a can!)

Well Bob and I shared a crayfish last night for dinner, just cut it up and dipped it straight into a bowl of vinegar, yum, haven't had one for ages. I love crab cakes, never seen them here though, reckon you'd get them in the State of Queensland where they have heaps of crabs, we don't have any here other than the little soldier crabs along the muddy river bed, no bigger than your big toe nail. At least it is something I always look forward to having when I come over there, had some at Red Lobster in Virginia and they were divine.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
Good morning. I need a new alarm clock...it's a real quite 'beep' and with my hearing 'going' I cannot hear it if I'm sleeping on my left side... hubby nudged me twice so I'm up.

I've got 15 mins. to type and check emails...

Ann: wow Ron has had a lot done. Wow, again. Our poor bodies....his especially.

In 1998 I had metastic Melanoma in the lypmh nodes in my left groin. Had to have them all out (therefore have lymphedemia in left leg). My primary Melanoma site was on the back of my left leg, upper part. That was in 1985.....so I was very very lucky to have such a long time between episodes and I'm very very lucky to be alive now and no re-occurance.

My chemo drug was Interferon. I only lasted 8 months and chose to stop....it was killing me; seriously.

I had ovarian cancer in 1984 and had total hysterectomy but no chemo as we caught is so early...I'm thinking nowadays they would do chemo for that but...then; no.

anyhow....I hope not to have to go down that road again.

I collect glass: decorative type. Love love glass and love the hunt. I've tried selling some of my extra at antique shows but the market is depressed right now so am just holding onto it. Hubby says "let the kids figure out what to do with it."

ok, gotta scoot out the door.

bbl

Hi Di, gosh you have had a few scares, glad it all worked out ok but don't envy you lymphodemia, there is a wonderful clinic for that not far from me, in a really unusual spot in the country, but evidently they massage work they do is great.

Funny your dh saying that about leaving it to the kids to work out. The other day I told my youngest dd that I was packing up all my collection of 'cherished teddies' ready for a grand daughter, you know what she said...?

Don't think if I have a daughter that you are going to push all the junk you don't want on to my house so I have to dust it all which is why your packing it away. I don't know what I should have thought, but felt a bit sad, every one of them means something to me so I was hoping so much to be able to give them to a grand daughter, so now my hopes are on Erin to have another child and that it's a girl otherwise i'll be peddling it all off.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to annscraps

• Ann Marie Said:
THERE you go Tish --- and Betsey means she is going to NAG you until you do it!!!! :+) BUT you are always telling me you need to get out of the house, walk more, and you'd like to have some $$ coming in ---- sooooo --- I think Betsey's idea is WONDERFUL! Really --- and then YOU can carry a tazer too --- you would wipe out the population of Maine by at least a third while Betsey concentrates on the overcrowding in Florida and takes care of that :+)

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to JustLori

Gosh Jai sounds wonderful Lori, not many his age would do that, I do hope they are both ok, that can be an awful illness.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to JustLori

Hey, if anyone is interested, I found this great site for digital photography! Lots of tips, reviews on cameras, etc....just all kinds of digi photography info!

http://digital-photograph y-school.com

Thanks for that, another bookmark, always looking for help in better ways to make the most out of my camera.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to charK

• charK Said:
First a shout out to POOR ANNIE!!

I spent yesterday having a "jammie day" for myself. Did absolutely nothing. Had oatmeal and toast for dinner. Watched some tv shows I recorded and enjoyed the quiet.

I will be in LA from the 4th of February until the 7th. We are going to my dh's friends birthday party. He will be 90! That's on Saturday so thursday and Friday are for fun. Sunday we leave in the late evening so we can do some sightseeing then too. dh is from California and he loves the beaches. I want to go to Santa Monica Pier again. It's so colorful and makes for great pics! Yes the Cheesecake Factory has the best food and the best cheesecake of course. I love the Godiva Chocolate one.

I had a rather unsettling week-end with my grandgirls. They have switched schools and oldest grandgirl had been having some issues with some boys and girls in her class regarding sexual harassment. 4th graders mind you....I just cannot believe what they do and say to each other. These children tried to pin her to the fence so a boy who "liked" her could smack her butt. This type of behavior has been going on all year and dd finally had enough. The Principal gave the children involved 1 day detention. I am so furious. What the heck is going on in this world??

that's awful, was it at the new school or the old? yes, they certainly are a different breed these days.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Lesley there was a great article in the local paper today about aussie food. There is a place in Burien which is not far from the airport that sells all aussie stuff. Hve Erin check it out online. It's tacoma news tribune.

Gee thanks Char, I will tell her tomorrow when we ring her...are you saying I won't have to bring my vegemite with me anymore and can actually buy some lamb cutlets there?

If your ever at a lose end, don't hesitate to call Erin and have a chat, she really liked you but she isn't very forward in making friends so she doesn't tend to follow up with contacts, don't ever say I told you though hehe..

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to annscraps

And guess what da da!! my daughter was also born on December 7th. Before we went to Pearl harbour I had no idea what date it was...sorry girls for being ignorant...and when we came home from that trip I told my dd...she said mum, I'm a history teacher right...can't believe you didn't know that hehehe...

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

I didn't have time to come online this morning and let you all know that we were going down to Hobart for the day, didn't get home until around 6.30 and I have pretty much been trying to catch up since then, it's now 9.40pm and Roger Federer is playing in the Australian Tennis Open so I want to go watch part of it at least, so glad I have caught up on the posts, but haven't commented yet on LO's, you girls have been busy again.

May get back on tonight to do that, if not, in the morning for sure.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Got a nice surprise today, a couple of the girls on the Cricut site want one of the Cuttlebug folders that you can't buy over there, for some reason they have been released in Australia only. I rang my LSS the other day and they expected them in today so I called out to check.

They weren't in, maybe tomorrow she said aarghh!! can't get there tomorrow, but they will post them up for me.

While I was there she asked me if I had seen the new Kaisercraft range, I hadn't so she showed me and said the girls are loving so many of the published designs we are running classes to do them, and asked was I interested in going.

She showed me the designs and well!!! there was mine, so of course I said I wouldn't be doing the class. She said I would be surprised how many ladies had loved it and requested they do the class, how nice. She did ask me whether I minded or not, well, I guess if you have it published you leave it open to all, so that's fine by me as I do the exact same thing but always acknowledge the author. She said she will because she was thrilled that it was someone that bought the paper from her etc....so that made my day.

FIrst time published, think I told you they had asked for more information just after i got back from our trip to the States in November...I am so happy.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-10 03:39 AM
In response to slywalker

Good morning to everyone...I think I am brain dead this am!!! Instead of my normal one cup of coffee, I better have two.

Something weird going on with my computer this morning, and that scares me. I don't think I am ready to deal with a computer crash. Couldn't get e-mail to open or IE, finally after shutting down and restarting twice everything started cooperating again. COuld it be because Allen has had his hands on the computer this week and shut down wrong.

I really think I need to get rid of Internet Explorer and use Firefox, but old habits are hard to break.

Wake up...wake up out there.......

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:

see you all in a.m.

WOW,,,,,I love this numbers thing......fascinates me!!!! Very interesting.....thanks for sharing that!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to annscraps

• Ann Marie Said:
  • memex9 Said:
  • Tishd Said:
  • memex9 Said:

Oh Betsey -- that is exactly how I feel --- I can't do too many of the kids in a row -- it makes me sad. BUT I have also so many pictures of my dad and grandparents and I want to scrap them, and they break my heart. THEN there are the ones of Cody (oldest grandson age 12) as a preschooler --- that breaks my heart --- maybe I should go take pictures of strangers on a corner so I can scrap :+)

Tish....I have it figured out....no strangers need be involved.......................

Do a few of the ones that make you sad or nostalgic.....then due a bunch of current ones that just make you laugh, smile, etc.

Also My husband used to say this:

It's ok to take a look at your past.........just don't stare at it!!!!!!!! teee heeee

Good morning Tish..........coffee is on, rainy, cool (I think it is cold) but since we just had really cold, cool is good!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been up since 6, but putzing around, put in a load of laundry, cleaned up my kitchen counter where the coffee over flowed.....Geee must have put too much water in the pot while I was standing here in the dark..,...he he hehe!!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Good Morning to everyone......Coffee is on, (see previous post).......LOL.......I am going to re take that durn practice test, and see if morning is different....... I missed more than I thought 9 out of 28....not a very good percentage...but after checking it this morning 7 of the questions were really easy, I just was not paying attention to detail........!!!!!! two of them are legit, it has to do with figuring percentage, (no calculators allowed).....however.....here is the question:

John had 63 people to question. He finished 28. What percentage of his total did he complete?

How do you figure percents like that???? I know you divide something into something...but what???????? I have not done that without a calculator for years.....Math is not my strong suit to begin with.....HELLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!!

I need to know before 1 pm today when I leave for the test!!!!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Boy Lori, Your son Jai is really wonderful....what an un-selfish thing to do......I am quite impressed and I know you must be so proud of the kind of person he is!!!!!! This does not mean your other son's arent great...but this was a particularily wonderful act of kindness from a young person.....hard to find these days....at least in my neck of the woods......!!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • Sunnydi Said:
Good morning. I need a new alarm clock...it's a real quite 'beep' and with my hearing 'going' I cannot hear it if I'm sleeping on my left side... hubby nudged me twice so I'm up.

I've got 15 mins. to type and check emails...

Ann: wow Ron has had a lot done. Wow, again. Our poor bodies....his especially.

In 1998 I had metastic Melanoma in the lypmh nodes in my left groin. Had to have them all out (therefore have lymphedemia in left leg). My primary Melanoma site was on the back of my left leg, upper part. That was in 1985.....so I was very very lucky to have such a long time between episodes and I'm very very lucky to be alive now and no re-occurance.

My chemo drug was Interferon. I only lasted 8 months and chose to stop....it was killing me; seriously.

I had ovarian cancer in 1984 and had total hysterectomy but no chemo as we caught is so early...I'm thinking nowadays they would do chemo for that but...then; no.

anyhow....I hope not to have to go down that road again.

I collect glass: decorative type. Love love glass and love the hunt. I've tried selling some of my extra at antique shows but the market is depressed right now so am just holding onto it. Hubby says "let the kids figure out what to do with it."

ok, gotta scoot out the door.

bbl

Hi Di, gosh you have had a few scares, glad it all worked out ok but don't envy you lymphodemia, there is a wonderful clinic for that not far from me, in a really unusual spot in the country, but evidently they massage work they do is great.

Funny your dh saying that about leaving it to the kids to work out. The other day I told my youngest dd that I was packing up all my collection of 'cherished teddies' ready for a grand daughter, you know what she said...?

Don't think if I have a daughter that you are going to push all the junk you don't want on to my house so I have to dust it all which is why your packing it away. I don't know what I should have thought, but felt a bit sad, every one of them means something to me so I was hoping so much to be able to give them to a grand daughter, so now my hopes are on Erin to have another child and that it's a girl otherwise i'll be peddling it all off.

Lesley....I know exactly how you are feeling......none of my kids want any of my stuff either......However....I have begun to see that while my children don't seem interested right now, some of my grandchildren are!!!!! Matt, Ally and Hillary are all very interested and love alot of my old things.......so...... I am thinking, instead of getting rid of stuff now.....I will just wait, because I will bet money that after I am gone to that big flea mkt in the sky, they will all be here doing that "Oh look....remember this??? Awwwwww I wnat that!!!!"

So my thoughts are....don't feel sad, just pack them away and wait............things will change.......When I pack stuff away, I put notes on things.....just in case!!!!!! LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Got a nice surprise today, a couple of the girls on the Cricut site want one of the Cuttlebug folders that you can't buy over there, for some reason they have been released in Australia only. I rang my LSS the other day and they expected them in today so I called out to check.

They weren't in, maybe tomorrow she said aarghh!! can't get there tomorrow, but they will post them up for me.

While I was there she asked me if I had seen the new Kaisercraft range, I hadn't so she showed me and said the girls are loving so many of the published designs we are running classes to do them, and asked was I interested in going.

She showed me the designs and well!!! there was mine, so of course I said I wouldn't be doing the class. She said I would be surprised how many ladies had loved it and requested they do the class, how nice. She did ask me whether I minded or not, well, I guess if you have it published you leave it open to all, so that's fine by me as I do the exact same thing but always acknowledge the author. She said she will because she was thrilled that it was someone that bought the paper from her etc....so that made my day.

FIrst time published, think I told you they had asked for more information just after i got back from our trip to the States in November...I am so happy.

Wow that is really great!!!!! Congrats!!!!! I am impressed.......Good for you!!!!!! I am not surprised though, all of your work is just beautiful.....sure wish we had a shop like that here....I would take every class they had!!!! I cannot even imagine....a shop were you actually can talk to someone who scraps......amazing.....and someone who knows you!!!!!! How wonderful!!!! All we have are M's and JoAnns.....they are just clerks, have no idea about scrapping at all even if you can find someone to ask about something......!!!! I would love a shop like yours....!!!!! I am thinking that people just don't scrap here.....seriously. I don't know another soul who scraps or even knows what it is!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Now it's 9:30 am here and maybe I have time to finish one of these pages I have started.....!!!!!

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts
In response to memex9

Mornin Yall...
Betsey.... I am not good with math either but I think you divide (63 divided by 28), But would not swear to that one. I have to have Dana and Heather help the girls wwith their math as I have just forgot it all.

just poppin in before I start working on my bedroom today. I am gonna try to rearrange and try to store some things I do not use all the time so I can have more room in there. It is really hard to live in 1 room.
Well have a good day

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea
In response to Ccnutts

Good Morning everybody. If there is anyone left!!! I was up early. Larry is home today, so we had breakfast, drank about a pot of coffee (myself..he doesn't drink it), and just now wandered into my scrap cave!!!

How is everyone this morning???? Betsey, you go this afternoon for the census interview??? Wow, you know, I can't think anymore without a calculator, and I was a whiz at math.
Where oh where did my mind go?????
I can about round it off in my head, but not come up with a precise answer!!!

Lesley, congrats on your scrapbooking accomplishments. Where are you published??? You are just so talented that I am not surprised.

Char, I forgot to comment yesterday on the dgds school issues. I know that if that had happened here in Maryland, all involved would have been suspended. They have a zero tolerance policy here. Very tough.

Edited by sandiesea on 01-21-10 08:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

I'm up...I'm up. I wish I could drink coffee....

I don't work today; but couldn't sleep in. I went and bought a new battery powered alarm clock yesterday and frustrates me because you don't know until you get them home how 'loud' they are...so I took one I liked up to Custoomer Service and they let me open it and we put batteries in it and tested it; nice of Target to do that. It's good.

ok....catching up:

Betsey - I'm up for adoption...if you promise to give me all your beautiful antique furniture Our son, Dustin, doesn't seem 'emotional' about stuff...just asked if any of the glass we have will be more valuable when we're dead...said with his fabulous smile and a chuckle. told him "no"....glass is depreciating. Actually he did say there is one needlework picture he'd like to have; so put his name on the back of it. Our daughter in-law loves my pink/cranberry glass and will take any I want her to have. Daughter Danielle wants 'everything'..she so emotional about us/it.

Tish - I went onto the Mayoclinic.com site and read about your condition. They said some positive things about the 'chronic' stage so that is good. 'Positive' meaning that by waiting the future need of treatment is not hampered and one out of three people never need treatment.....but I'm sure you already know all that. I love researching conditions, etc. What type of symptoms do you deal with? Do you have lymphademia because of this?

Leslie - didn't know were published: congrats. Was that in an Australian magazine? I'd love to see what layout it was. Share. I think stores should give credit to the artist they are using for a class. I want to see what embossing folder you are talking about. I do a lot of embossing.

Also: here's a link to that newspaper article Char was talking about and to the place in Burien. Burien is just north of the SeaTac Airport:

http://www.thenewstribune.com/soundlife/food/story/ 1035...

http://www.australianpieco.com/

With my son in-law in Afghanistan I'm Danielle's 'significant other' during this pregnancy. I'm off to Madigan hospital at Ft. Lewis with her today for a two hour birthing class with her and tomorrow she has another ultrasound (they are watching her placenta as has seperated a little) and then a two hour class with the Midwife team. So I'm spending the night there.

We're going to the px so I can see what type of cameras they have right now. Advantage of buying there is no tax.

ok, gotta eat..... not sure if I'm blogging today.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

Betsey: it's the little number divided by the big number. I'm not a math whizz but remember that one. ( "The big bully beats up on the little guy" - 63 into 28)

So divide 28 by 63 and you get .444%. Do it on paper.... and then take a calculator to check yourself (63 x 44%)

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
Betsey: it's the little number divided by the big number. I'm not a math whizz but remember that one. ( "The big bully beats up on the little guy" - 63 into 28)

So divide 28 by 63 and you get .444%. Do it on paper.... and then take a calculator to check yourself (63 x 44%)

Thanks tons.......they wanted us to round it up.....so my answer was 44% but I did it by the in my head method, and looked at the answers and picked correctly, but it would probably be good to know how to do it......in case the real test does not offer such obvious answers.....LOL I knew division was involved but could not remember what.....LOL

Geebaw
Geebaw 
Diva
Geebaw
In response to memex9

Good Morning one and all....I have about 3 pages of reading to do to catch up on your overnight posts...but will drop off my Challenge pages first....Thanks for looking!

DTB Goddesses By Geebaw

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Geebaw

• Geebaw Said:
Good Morning one and all....I have about 3 pages of reading to do to catch up on your overnight posts...but will drop off my Challenge pages first....Thanks for looking!

DTB Goddesses By Geebaw

Pam....I just went in the gallery and read this entire page......how wonderful......and the way you have all found each other is just so very interesting. Again it just proves how amazing women are!!!!!!! Beautiful page!!!!! (or I should say two pages)!!!!!!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
Good Morning to everyone......Coffee is on, (see previous post).......LOL.......I am going to re take that durn practice test, and see if morning is different....... I missed more than I thought 9 out of 28....not a very good percentage...but after checking it this morning 7 of the questions were really easy, I just was not paying attention to detail........!!!!!! two of them are legit, it has to do with figuring percentage, (no calculators allowed).....however.....here is the question:

John had 63 people to question. He finished 28. What percentage of his total did he complete?

How do you figure percents like that???? I know you divide something into something...but what???????? I have not done that without a calculator for years.....Math is not my strong suit to begin with.....HELLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!!

I need to know before 1 pm today when I leave for the test!!!!!!!!

Betsey --- I haven't read ahead to see if anyone answered your question --- but just in case --- you divide the 63 INTO the 28

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to annscraps

OK good morning all --- and I see Di came to your rescue Betsey :+)

Pam -- that is the most gorgeous layout -- I'll get it put on the front page in a bit. With your's and Linda's in and up I'm just plain intimidated to put ANything up!!!

Ron has me worried --- he was up most of the night, sick to his stomach. BUT yesterday was the first day he took Metamucil and a new pill -- so those would probably be the culprits. I do have one question --- WHY does he always get ill on the weekend --- well sorta weekend -- today's ********'s day off, tomorrow he does out of town clinic --- will see how he feels by noon and then call Sharon (his nurse) so she can pass word along to him.

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to annscraps

Lesley -- I know JUST how you feel about packing up your treasures and getting that reaction. We have 8 antique trunks here scattered throughout the house. In each, I've put momentos of the grandkids, and things such as collections for them and the grown kids. My daughter is not impressed. She said too "I hope you don't expect me to take over and keep them safe till the kids are old enough to do it for THEIR kids". One of the collections -- Nancy Drew books, all 1st edition --- I LOVED Nancy Drew -- I had put in Taylor's box and Trish raised a complete storm about that --- so I did move those to Jordan's (who it turns out is more of a reader than Tay anyway). We have a "laundry list" in our will designating other items to certain kids because our's will be a family that battles and fights over OTHER things --- like the shelves of genealogy, pictures of grandparents framed and on the walls. I should just remember that little addage I put on one of my layouts the other day about a dog doesn't lose sleep worrying about how he's going to keep something he has, or get something he hasn't :+)

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to annscraps

OK Tish thinks we need a QOD again -- I'm brain dead really and truly --- so let's just start with something simple ---

If you had the choice of going to a sporting event, a book signing by your favorite author, or a theatrical presentation which would you choose and why??

Tomorrow TISH WILL COME UP WITH THE QOD

Geebaw
Geebaw 
Diva
Geebaw
In response to annscraps

QOD: The Theater....hands down....every day of the week and twice on Sunday....

lillylucille
Idol
lillylucille
In response to Geebaw

Book signing!
Of my 4 daughter's and one son, the three girls who live close by will want EVERY little thing of mine, collections, books, art, crafts, clothes, all of it.
As for math? Just the word gives me the creeps...i don't do math.
So, good morning ladies, here's hoping you have a good day.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to annscraps

QOD: Theatre.... why? 1) it's an inside event and I live in rain country 2)I don't have a favorite author 3) I love the theatre.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to annscraps

Anne: I accidently clicked the link to Gramms site that is in your signature and it took me to the 'old' one.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to annscraps

• Ann Marie Said:
Lesley -- I know JUST how you feel about packing up your treasures and getting that reaction. We have 8 antique trunks here scattered throughout the house. In each, I've put momentos of the grandkids, and things such as collections for them and the grown kids. My daughter is not impressed. She said too "I hope you don't expect me to take over and keep them safe till the kids are old enough to do it for THEIR kids". One of the collections -- Nancy Drew books, all 1st edition --- I LOVED Nancy Drew -- I had put in Taylor's box and Trish raised a complete storm about that --- so I did move those to Jordan's (who it turns out is more of a reader than Tay anyway). We have a "laundry list" in our will designating other items to certain kids because our's will be a family that battles and fights over OTHER things --- like the shelves of genealogy, pictures of grandparents framed and on the walls. I should just remember that little addage I put on one of my layouts the other day about a dog doesn't lose sleep worrying about how he's going to keep something he has, or get something he hasn't :+)

Annie ....read what I wrote to Lesley re this matter...........I am no longer intimidated by my children and their irritation.......by the time I am gone, and they go through all of this stuff, I am certain that their feelings and thoughts will be very different. As a young mother, I too, was not that interested in all that family stuff, however, as the years went by, I changed......thankfully before my Mother died, so I had an opportunity to really listen to her stories and anecdotes........I am so sure that my children, some of my grandchildren and your too will be different. I just dont tell them much now, I just put notes on or in stuff.......!!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

QOD: Well......the theater.....hands down....unless of course, the Bucs are playing in the Superbowl and that is the sporting event...I would have to pick that!!!!!! As for book signings, I am not much of a "groupie type". I did, however, go downtown to Wash DC for John Kennedy's funeral procession.......but I lived there and was very young!!!!!! LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

As for the Math.....I am with you Pam......and I cannot figure out in this day and age, why they want a person to be able to do all of this math....there are lots of multiplying decimals and stuff like that.......why would anyone need to do that without a calculator today???? I am thankful I am from the era that taught all of that in grade school......now that stuff I can remember.....just not what I did yesterday!!!!!! ROFL

After thinking about it, maybe that is their way of weeding out all the young kids from this test!!!!!! You only have to be 18 to take the test....and I am thinking they will not be able to do any of the Math!!!!!!!!

Edited by memex9 on 01-21-10 10:06 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

I am ready to go........just so I will be on time.....I HATE going out in the middle of the day....I am a morning person..........!!!!! Not only that but it is getting ready to storm.....very windy.....and they are calling for major thunder storms.....it is about 68 out....very muggy!!!!!!!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-21-10 11:16 AM
In response to memex9

Good morning!

Good luck Betsey!! You go get em grannie!

Di thanks for the link for Lesley in Aussie land. With all your trips doen south here we ought to make a point of meeting??!! You're driving right by me.

Lesley I will call Erin and give her a chat. Let me know if she thinks I am stalking her, lol.

Morning Tishie, Lori, Sandie.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-10 11:45 AM
In response to memex9

OK here I am back again finally. I am so glad that you had answers to this math question Betsey before I had to turn my noodle on and figure this out! How did you make out with your test. Are you back yet?

As far as children wanting your things. I think you will find down the road they will. My dad and step mom used to constantly talk genealogy with me when dad was alive and tell me stories of family history. Did I pay attention back then? Heck no, now I wish I had listened carefully and closely. Luckily my step mother is still alive, and did save a ton of genealogy for me and recently gave me some binders with valuable information. Annie has sparked my interest in genealogy also.

Some of the things that I did inherit from my grandmother, I have kept in good condition, and cherish it. Some I didn't sadly to say, and would give anything to have the old horsehair sofa that was given to us, and love seat, which belonged to her back again. Instead, I am afraid that between seven kids and animals those two old peices were destroyed. I need to mark some peices for my children and grandchildren now while I still have my wits about me. Example an old Steeple clock that has been in the family for generations (since 1845). Now I ponder, who in my family will keep it. I have given a couple of things to my son Tony already as he showed an interest. Listen to me ramble....I am sorry!! Once I get going....it's blah, blah, blah..I know.

Edited by Tishd on 01-21-10 11:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-10 11:55 AM
In response to Ccnutts

Afternoon CC! I can't imagine living with all my stuff in one room. It must be hard. My books alone would fill a room I am afraid!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-10 11:57 AM
In response to annscraps

• Ann Marie Said:
OK ladies -- I heard back from one of our four missing grans --- Tee Tee does want to stay with us and she WILL be getting her fanny in here. Will keep you posted on everyone.

Hi Annie, I am still catching up here from your post of last night. So glad you heard from Tee Tee and so glad that she still wants to be part of the group. I have missed her!!!!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to Tishd

OK -- I have the friendship challenge done ---

and Di THANKS -- I did forget to (obviously) change that link in my siggie.

GOOD LUCK BETSEY -- I'm sure you'll do fine ----oh and I hate hate hate math, always have -- leanred it only because I was forced, forgot most of it once I'd passed -- but a few of the basic principles sometimes remain :+)

Friendship By Ann Marie

_Tee Tee_
Mayor
_Tee Tee_
In response to annscraps

Hello darlings!!! Just a quick pop in before i head out the door for work. Hope you all are doing good!

hugs

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-10 12:19 PM
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
I'm up...I'm up. I wish I could drink coffee....

I don't work today; but couldn't sleep in. I went and bought a new battery powered alarm clock yesterday and frustrates me because you don't know until you get them home how 'loud' they are...so I took one I liked up to Custoomer Service and they let me open it and we put batteries in it and tested it; nice of Target to do that. It's good.

ok....catching up:

Betsey - I'm up for adoption...if you promise to give me all your beautiful antique furniture Our son, Dustin, doesn't seem 'emotional' about stuff...just asked if any of the glass we have will be more valuable when we're dead...said with his fabulous smile and a chuckle. told him "no"....glass is depreciating. Actually he did say there is one needlework picture he'd like to have; so put his name on the back of it. Our daughter in-law loves my pink/cranberry glass and will take any I want her to have. Daughter Danielle wants 'everything'..she so emotional about us/it.

Tish - I went onto the Mayoclinic.com site and read about your condition. They said some positive things about the 'chronic' stage so that is good. 'Positive' meaning that by waiting the future need of treatment is not hampered and one out of three people never need treatment.....but I'm sure you already know all that. I love researching conditions, etc. What type of symptoms do you deal with? Do you have lymphademia because of this?

Leslie - didn't know were published: congrats. Was that in an Australian magazine? I'd love to see what layout it was. Share. I think stores should give credit to the artist they are using for a class. I want to see what embossing folder you are talking about. I do a lot of embossing.

Also: here's a link to that newspaper article Char was talking about and to the place in Burien. Burien is just north of the SeaTac Airport:

http://www.thenewstribune.com/soundlife/food/story/ 1035...

http://www.australianpieco.com/

With my son in-law in Afghanistan I'm Danielle's 'significant other' during this pregnancy. I'm off to Madigan hospital at Ft. Lewis with her today for a two hour birthing class with her and tomorrow she has another ultrasound (they are watching her placenta as has seperated a little) and then a two hour class with the Midwife team. So I'm spending the night there.

We're going to the px so I can see what type of cameras they have right now. Advantage of buying there is no tax.

ok, gotta eat..... not sure if I'm blogging today.

Di, Would you believe I just wrote you a long post and totally lost it!!! Now I have to try again!!

You asked about my Chronic Lympathic Leukemia. Actually it sounds worse than it really is, and I probably shouldn't have brought it up! In a nutshell, mine was discovered during a routine blood test at my annual physical two years ago. My white cell count was highly elevated so the doc sent me for further testing. The results were a very high lymphocyte count. From there it was to the Harold Alfond Cancer Center and a visit with an Oncologist. He is keeping a watchful eye on me and thus far, I have no lymph node swelling or swollen spleen etc. So it's just sort of a "watch and wait or see" approach which is fine with me! My white cell count continues to go up but still hasn't reached anything alarming as of yet! I feel great actually and the only symptom I have is "fatigue" now and then, which could be from a number of things.

Anyway, I am fine and Doc said I would more than likely die with this, but not from this!!! If that makes sense.

It sounds like you have a nice positive outlook regarding your lymphademia. That is so important and I admire you!

Now let me see if I can get this posted without losing it. I did have more written, but I guess it wasn't important!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-10 12:26 PM
In response to annscraps

• Ann Marie Said:

OK Tish thinks we need a QOD again -- I'm brain dead really and truly --- so let's just start with something simple ---

If you had the choice of going to a sporting event, a book signing by your favorite author, or a theatrical presentation which would you choose and why??

Tomorrow TISH WILL COME UP WITH THE QOD

Hmmmm very nice question of the day, however I will have to analyze this a bit.....

Ok...the book signing would be my LAST choice, and it would be a toss up between the theatrical presentation and the sporting event. I would have to weigh these two things carefully. If one of my children or grandchildren were playing in the sporting event, I would probably choose this, but I love the theater too, so I would say, what is playing at this theatrical presentation, and is this sporting event for the state championship, is this my grandchild's last game.
Sorry, didn't mean to turn this into a book...hmmmmmmmmmmm sorry it's a toss up between the sporting event and the theatrical presentation....

I have the question of the day tomorrow!!!!!!!! Me, me, me??????? Put your thinking caps on ladies and get your rest tonight cause I shall surely tax your brains!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-10 12:27 PM
In response to Geebaw

• Geebaw Said:
QOD: The Theater....hands down....every day of the week and twice on Sunday....

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-10 12:34 PM
In response to Tishd

Well no one told me that this challenge Lori came up with was going to be such a tear jerker. (thanks Lori!)

First Linda's
Then Pam's
and now Annie's.....All three deeply moved me

All three different and beautifully presented.

I am totally intimidated!!! Mine is in the works by the way!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-10 12:39 PM
In response to Tishd

Oh talking about memory (is it Betsey that seems to think she is getting senile?) Well I had a Grandma moment this morning! One of many by the way.

I am sitting at the computer, playing with a layout and my husband says at 9:30 am, "Isn't today grandparents day at Max's pre-school?" I had written it on the calendar and forgotten all about it. It was from 9:30 to 10:30 am. Luckily his pre-school is only about six minutes away (by car) I dropped everything and threw myself together and off we went to see this sweet little bunchy of pre-schoolers. Max was very happy to see us so I am so glad we made it there for him. It wasn't any big shin dig or anything like that, just a chance to visit and see what they do. I spent my time sitting at a tiny table with him and a couple of other little kids playing with various things. He wanted to know why we had to leave so soon, so we told him we had to get home to feed the cats. That satisfied him!

A layout from me, and now I will stop bending your ears!

Saddleback Mountain in Maine By Tishd

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-10 12:41 PM
In response to Tishd

Tee Tee hello!!!!! So glad to see you!

Hi Char!!!!

Hi Sandi!!!

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea
In response to Tishd

Hi Tish!!! Hi Char, Tee Tee, Annie, Pam, Linda, Di, CC anyone I missed!!!! You ladies are all bringing tears to my eyes. You ladies rock!

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea
In response to sandiesea

Dropping one off!!
Dr. Santa By Sandiesea

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to sandiesea

Here's mine for the challenge...y'all are so serious! LOL! Surprise, surprise, I took a more tongue-in-cheek route!

friendship garden By Lori...ProudArmyMom

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to JustLori

As for the QOD? SPORTING EVENT!!! Because I'm not big into wanting to rub elbows with celebs, so that takes care of the book signing, and I'm just not into theater at all. So...

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to JustLori

Guess I'm just not "cultured" like the rest of you ladies! LOL

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-21-10 01:16 PM
In response to JustLori

QOD: definately the theatre darling! I prefer musicals but I'd pretty much watch any play. I try and support my local theatre and attend all their musicals.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
Forgot to say Betsey...I too love old oak furniture and those shelves sound marvelous. You made me lol at the thought of you loading them onto your truck. I keep telling hubby he's lucky we have a small house as I can't get the 'big' stuff I love in...

You are stronger and braver than I. I could never have done/do what you did....going around alone selling at various flea markets, etc. My lady friends who do it (not so much anymore now that they are 60's) always buddied up and told me they never stayed at a motel too close to selling venue becuase of the stalkers. Some of the guys I know who sell have been robbed at night while asleep in a motel; before alarms.

Remember Gene Florence? has written a lot of Depression glass books? He just retired and printed his last books. I have some depression glass...not a lot though.

I still have many of my books, about 35 or 40....I did sell the depression glass books in my mall space just a few months ago.....All by Gene Florence.....lol I do have the depression glass that was my Mothers, well some of it anyway, it was stuff she gave me before she died, thank goodness because the evil sister took everything else, and I would have never gotten it afterwards........but that is another whole saga that I will not go into here.

Being on the road doing Antique Shows and Markets, was a blast.....best 10 years of my life...as I was finally earning a living at something I truly loved!!!!! I spent a lot of time in Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, up state New York......but generally did southern shows year around...for obvious reasons.....LOL I did the Lakewood Show in Atlanta every month for 10 years.......and Charlotte Metrolina for about 9.....but in the summer I would go further North and did Brimfield in Mass many times.....also Hillsville, VA, and then lots of little shows in Alabama, Up State New York, Pennsylvania and places like that......during the week I went to auctions all over, whatever was on my route!!!!!

It was a blast, and boy did I learn alot.......!!! Met wonderful people, some I am still friends with.......amazing!!!!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to memex9

Oh this made my day --- your answers and Lori's layout --- good grief. Lori you are a scream --- LMAO ---

OH -- and my question of the day --- if it were the Cornhuskers playing football I'd go to the sporting even; otherwise it would be the theatre. Yup Lori -- a lot of us have taste!!!! (That's for your layout)

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-21-10 01:29 PM
In response to memex9

I met Gene Florence in Pittsburgh and had some of my books signed by him. I have tons of depression glass. I always wanted my own shop and i was going to call it "depression makes me happy".

My son loves all my stuff but not dd. She will not take any of my "dust catchers" as she lovingly refers to my things. I gave my son 1 of my Hoosiers already and a enamel top table and chairs and various depression glass items. Also passed my love of "Fiesta" ware onto him.

Page 7 of 494 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics