Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: ~~ We have a Winner! Linda~~The Color Palette Challenge        (Topic#1526327)
Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T

The Color Palette Challenge

Hello everyone, here is a new challenge for all those scrapbooker who will like to improved their pages or give a new flair to it! How many times you browse over a magazine and saw that LO that just totally capture your eyes? At least in my case, it happen very often...Well part of the Magic behind those wonderful LO’s are the Color Pallets used to pop those picture (s).

So let me share with some of the secrets

• 1. Keep Your Eyes Open - Look all around you for great color palettes and colors that work well together. Pay close attention to advertisements, nature and even interior decorating samples and clothing combinations.
  • 2. Avoid Color Overload - Try to only use a few colors on each layout. A good rule to follow is 2-4 colors. This keeps the main focus on your photographs and not on the layout itself.
  • 3. Busy Isn't Better - Avoid busy background papers with lots of colors and objects scattered all over them. The key is to keep the focus on the pictures, and when you use distracting colors and objects, you lose sight of what the main intent of the layout is.
  • 4. Not sure of which color to use ? No problem! Use a Color Pallet generator. There many FREE in the Internet. Just need to up load the photo you want to use on your LO and the generator will give you the perfect colors that will match your LO perfectly!

Here are 3 I use very often and is Very Easy to use
a. THE GRAEVE
b. Color Hunter (click on "upload Photo")
c. Huge Color Lab (love this one..very easy to use)
(nothing to download, just click and go..how easy is that!)

Now that we know some of the secrets, let’s use it to our advantage!!

The Challenge:
Create a LO using a Color Palette generator, You will need to:
1. Post your Original Photo,
2. your Color Palette (it could be just the names of the colors)
3. your Final product “The LO” you make using these colors

Note: LO’s Could be Traditional or Digital

The Winner will receive a RAK from me...Join Anytime....Challenge ends February 28th

Here is my Color Pallete Example:

And Here is My LO using this Color Pallete

You Bring me Joy By: Jackie Torres
NOW Are You ready for this Challenge???

Entries

1. The color scheme used, pink, purple, white and Green and silver on a Sepia Photo

Life
By Linda Ola
2. Color Pallet: Green, Purple the photo useda as the main Color was the one on the left

Pre-teen
By Yadee87

Here are Julie's entry
Color Pallette Challenge By Jcbreck

Wonder (2) By Jcbreck

Here is Chris Entry (PENDING COLOR PALLETE)

Say Cheez
By Chrissi2286

Here is Zuk Entry:
Color Pallete: Red, Fuschia and Brownish Gold

Pretty girl
By Zuk

Family By Sopa1954

Edited by Jackie T on 03-03-10 06:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to Jackie T

How fun! Now off to find a photo.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to DreaSlee

sounds interesting. will check out the download.

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to ncyankee

I can't figure out how to load my photo on there. It keeps saying bad image.

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to DreaSlee

No Problem..let me try to help you...Can you share the URL of your Photo..so I can try it??

URL (Internet adress or location of your photo..for example Flicker)

Just in case you have your photo just sitting on your Hard drive..here are two another Sites for Color Pallete generation..these ones will allow you to upload your photo

Color Hunter (click on "upload Photo")
Another Color Generator Link

Let me know how it goes!

-Jenn-
-Jenn- 
Diva
-Jenn-
In response to Jackie T

sounds interesting! I will try this one!

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to Jackie T

I still can't get the first one to work, but Color hunter worked for me.

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to DreaSlee

Now to figure out how to post the color pallette on here.Sorry I'm technically challenged!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to DreaSlee

Not a problem darling ..as this will help others who wnated to play too!!

To post your image...easy just same the palette imagine in to your computer and upload the image to you your Scrapbook gallery as you do with any other LO..then just add the link in the here!! let me know how it goes!
Cheers

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to Jackie T

http://www.colorhunter.com/browse.php?h=y&p=http%3A...
Here's the link. I can't save it. Maybe you can do it for me Jackie.

Edited by Zuk on 01-26-10 06:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

sopa1954
Mayor
sopa1954
In response to DreaSlee

This looks like fun. Could the scrap by color feature on this site be used?

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to sopa1954

Sure... you could used anyone you like...the one here are only suggestions..

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to Jackie T

Good Moring ladies!! Happy Wednesday!! Hey if anyone own a Toyota..check out the News their is a big recall in many on their cars!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to Jackie T

Hi everyone..! Challenge is planned to start in February so come play !!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to Jackie T

Come, play and improve your LO's..is going to be just easy and funnnn!!

chrissi2286
Expert
chrissi2286
In response to Jackie T

this sounds really interesting.

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to chrissi2286

Happy Friday Ladies!! Finally we have the whole weekend to scrap!! (i hope)

sopa1954
Mayor
sopa1954
In response to Jackie T

Okay....I have poked around...am narrowing in on my photo choice.

Count me in...

My name is Toni.

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to sopa1954

Okay Excellent! Cant wait to see everyones creations!! Keep the good work!!

-Jenn-
-Jenn- 
Diva
-Jenn-
In response to Jackie T

JCI!!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to Jackie T

Good Morning Ladies!! ready to start a week full of COLOR!!!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to Jackie T

Hey Ladies...did you check the new tool from Scrapbook.com for Color Pallets?? Is very cool
is called Scrap by Color check it out!

sopa1954
Mayor
sopa1954
In response to Jackie T

That is what I was suggesting earlier, Jackie. Isn't it neat? And it seems pretty easy to use. It is my palette of choice and I can't wait to get started!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to sopa1954

Toni! are you kidding me ....The tool is great ..Love it!! Thanks so much so sharing this one!!

Edited by Jackie T on 02-02-10 08:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

sopa1954
Mayor
sopa1954
In response to Jackie T

Just checking in....Have a great day!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to Jackie T

Hi Ladies!! Today I got the RAK for the challenge and I think the winner will like it very much!! I Hope So

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to Jackie T

That's very generous of you Jackie! I'm still going to do this. But now I'm thinking I might go with a different photo.

sopa1954
Mayor
sopa1954
In response to Jackie T

• Jackie T Said:
Hi Ladies!! Today I got the RAK for the challenge and I think the winner will like it very much!! I Hope So

Jackie, you are so sweet.

I can't wait to see all of the completed layouts!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to DreaSlee

Hey Happy Friday!! Ladies ...here in jersey we are waiting for the Blizzard! we are expecting like 2fts of Snow! Can you Imagine!! is perfect excuse for Scrapbooking Boot Camp!! The plan will be to Scrap and Scrap until Sunday!! Love this weekends but it will be way much better if the snow were here Monday so we could take Work off time!! Nice

Okay Back to your Photo...No problem...I know whatever you choose it will Beautiful!

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to Jackie T

Stay warm Jackie!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to DreaSlee

• Zuk Said:
Stay warm Jackie!

I will try..but I'm love 2b in Miami getting ready for Super Bowl!! why much nicer!! Right! Ohh well....at least I have tons of food! just came back from A&P

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to Jackie T

Happy Saturday! ladies...here in jersey is very cool ..specially after the storm...

yadee87
Diva
yadee87
In response to Jackie T

oo can i try???!! i never choose colors based off a generator so it should b fun!

faving thread now!

Linda Ola
Guru
Linda Ola
In response to -Jenn-

That is so convenient!!! I didn´t know there was such a thing as a color palette generator. How cool is that! I tried all 3 of them and I liked the results of the DeGraeve one. But I have one question. How do I insert the color palette into this thread. Coun´t figure it out.

Linda Ola
Guru
Linda Ola
In response to Jackie T

• Jackie T Said:
Hey Ladies...did you check the new tool from Scrapbook.com for Color Pallets?? Is very cool
is called Scrap by Color check it out!

That is a cool tool!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to Linda Ola

• Linda Ola Said:
That is so convenient!!! I didn´t know there was such a thing as a color palette generator. How cool is that! I tried all 3 of them and I liked the results of the DeGraeve one. But I have one question. How do I insert the color palette into this thread. Coun´t figure it out.

Hi Linda!..Just save as an imagine from your computer and upload the image to your gallery as any other LO's ...If you don't know how to save it as an imagine..just hit Print Screen bottom on your keyboard (PrtSc) normally is a button in the middle top of your keyboard...once you hit the button go to word or any other software and Pasted (Crtl V) and the image will be there..and then just save it!! Let me know if this help you...

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to yadee87

• yadee87 Said:
oo can i try???!! i never choose colors based off a generator so it should b fun!

faving thread now!

Sure!! you are more than welcome!!

Linda Ola
Guru
Linda Ola
In response to Jackie T

hmmm....I guess the problem is I have a mac. no print screen on that keyboard. Oh well, I´ll figure it out next time :Þ

Anyways....I did play around with the palettes for over an hour today. Finally decided on a color combo and started my lo. But halfway through, my DD comes in and makes a comment about I had ALREADY scrapped that photo. I had completely forgotten! LOL...so after some consideration I decided to change the picture and change one color in the color scheme. The color scheme I had before was, pink, purple, white and brown and silver. I changed the brown to green to liven it up as this picture is b/w and the one before had colors.

So I am not sure if I qualify anymore :Þ But here is the lo, at least for sharing

p.s. I loved working with a color scheme

Life By Linda Ola

jcbreck
Diva
jcbreck
In response to Linda Ola

This is very interesting and a great idea for a challenge. I'd really like to try! Jackie, you do amazingly beautiful work! I'm excited to get started!

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to jcbreck

Happy birthday Jackie!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to jcbreck

Looking foward to see you dear!! you are more than welcome to the challenge! Ahhh..you make blush! glad you like m work!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to DreaSlee

• Zuk Said:
Happy birthday Jackie!

Thank You Dear!! Can you believe it!! I'm 46year old today!!! times flies!! OMG!!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to Linda Ola

• Linda Ola Said:
hmmm....I guess the problem is I have a mac. no print screen on that keyboard. Oh well, I´ll figure it out next time :Þ

Anyways....I did play around with the palettes for over an hour today. Finally decided on a color combo and started my lo. But halfway through, my DD comes in and makes a comment about I had ALREADY scrapped that photo. I had completely forgotten! LOL...so after some consideration I decided to change the picture and change one color in the color scheme. The color scheme I had before was, pink, purple, white and brown and silver. I changed the brown to green to liven it up as this picture is b/w and the one before had colors.

So I am not sure if I qualify anymore :Þ But here is the lo, at least for sharing

p.s. I loved working with a color scheme

Life By Linda Ola

Okay ..NP I will use your colors Names for your Pallet choise...is a beautiful LO!

yadee87
Diva
yadee87
In response to DreaSlee

happy birthday jackie!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to Jackie T

Good Moring Ladies!! Well what a surprise we got from the SuperBowl!!

Well now..we need to get ready for V-Day!!

yadee87
Diva
yadee87
In response to -Jenn-

here is mine using scrap by color for the first time. wat a fun tool! i would have never choosen these colors together.

Pre-teen By Yadee87

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to yadee87

• yadee87 Said:
here is mine using scrap by color for the first time. wat a fun tool! i would have never choosen these colors together.

Pre-teen By Yadee87

Excellent! Great LO!! The Color tool is a very nice tool! I realy love it...because it make you think out of the box!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to Jackie T

Waiting for the Winter Storm!

yadee87
Diva
yadee87
In response to Jackie T

u mean storm part 7??!!!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to yadee87

I know!! yes yes the Storm!! Lets see if this time we actually get enough snow to stay home and scrapbook all day long!!

yadee87
Diva
yadee87
In response to Jackie T

haha! i am so over all this snow! its like one wave of it after another. poo!!

what state r u in?

Tayrina BCStudio
Veteran
Tayrina BCStudio
In response to yadee87

Can i be part of this great group???

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to Tayrina BCStudio

• tayrinascrapdesigns Said:
Can i be part of this great group???

Claro Chiquita! Eras mas que bienvenida!! Yo tambien soy the PR

Of course darling you are more than welcome! to the challenge!! is fun and very intersting! I hope you will like it!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to yadee87

I'm North West Jersey!! right now Im at work..supposed to be in a training!! ...and already started to snow!!! Oh yea! Tomorrow I stay homeeee!

yadee87
Diva
yadee87
In response to Jackie T

as well as i can read, speak, and understand spanish u would think i could write just as well.. yet i kinda suck at spelling.. but o boy do i! actually im quite terrible at spelling in english as well!!! hahha

i google how to spell words, prob all day! poop!

both of my parents were raised in PR, my mom in san juan, and my dad in ponce. i want to visit again soon. hopefully!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to yadee87

You are so funny!! I'm spelling is also terrible!! we should both learn a new Language..in that way we can use it as excuse..."to many language" to remember!

yadee87
Diva
yadee87
In response to Jackie T

lol.. i want to learn at least 3 more languages and how to sign, in my lifetime. that will b challenging but imagine how cool it would b!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to yadee87

Yea!! that will be nice.....I sing well but some reason it didnt sound good!! I wonder why..maybe is because..I don't sing at all

yadee87
Diva
yadee87
In response to Jackie T

lol.. my grandma always says that. lol

jcbreck
Diva
jcbreck
In response to yadee87

I hope you are all okay with all that snow. Funny thing is, I live in the mountains in Colorado (at a ski area no less) and we haven't gotten any where near the snow pack we usually do. Our big months for snow can be March and April though, so maybe still....

Well I gave this a try...I thought I'd share, but I want to do another one with more color in the picture to see how this really works. This one, I didn't think I was given much of a variety of colors, but then again, the picture was altered to not quite black and white..so there you go.

Anyway, here's my first attempt. TFL!

Wonder (2) By Jcbreck

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to jcbreck

• jcbreck Said:
I hope you are all okay with all that snow. Funny thing is, I live in the mountains in Colorado (at a ski area no less) and we haven't gotten any where near the snow pack we usually do. Our big months for snow can be March and April though, so maybe still....

Well I gave this a try...I thought I'd share, but I want to do another one with more color in the picture to see how this really works. This one, I didn't think I was given much of a variety of colors, but then again, the picture was altered to not quite black and white..so there you go.

Anyway, here's my first attempt. TFL!

Wonder (2) By Jcbreck

Julie, I think is fantastic..but I know what you mean by more color...so Feel welcome to do more...and just let me know which one will be your final choise for the challenge!!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to Jackie T

Hi girls, just a quick note to let everyone know that I will be away for couples of day's..Yess!! My husband planned a Romatic Getaway to celebrate my B-day and V-day!! Can you imagine!!! I will bring many pictures ! I will try to log at lease once a day!! Just just keep working on those LO's!!

Happy Valentines Day's!

yadee87
Diva
yadee87
In response to Jackie T

how fun! have a great time jackie! btw.. thats wat everyone calls my grandmother, "jackie"

jcbreck
Diva
jcbreck
In response to yadee87

Have fun Jackie! What a sweet husband to do that with you!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to Jackie T

Just a quick Stop to wish you all Happy Valentine's Day!....

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to Jackie T

Happy Valentines Day! I'm sure you're having a fabulous weekend!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to DreaSlee

Hi Ladies!!! Have couple of nice photos to share!! but let tell you the roads were Bad!! Between Maryland and Washington ....OMG I had never seeing so much snow!!!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to Jackie T

Happy President Day! ..hope everyone is enjoying the holiday!!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to Jackie T

Hi Ladies!! I'm officially Back!! after some ups and down's from my mini vacations!! as the weather didn't help us much!! but we had a great time!!

So, how are those LO's are you doing okay??? I was at the "M" store today...and there was so many spring new stuff OMG...I went to buy a frame with a 40% coupon and ended expending on sutf that I was not planning on it...lucky me...that I was with my Hubby and he pay my for stuff!

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to Jackie T

Sounds like you a have a wonderful husband. I'm going to start on this after I get done with a DT assignment I'm working on. I'm almost done though.I still need to pick out a photo too. I keep changing my mind.

yadee87
Diva
yadee87
In response to DreaSlee

hey girls.. just checkin in to say i wont b around for a while..

I'll see you after Easter Sunday!

will catch up on loving later

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to yadee87

I finally decided on a photo. I used the color tool here. I can't get the image on here but here's the link.
http://www.scrapbook.com/color/

chrissi2286
Expert
chrissi2286
In response to DreaSlee

Say Cheez By Chrissi2286

heres my entry

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to DreaSlee

Excellent Zuk...Looking foward to see your creation!!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to yadee87

No Problem darleen!! thanks for letting us know!! have fun...ahh I love your new Picture on the Avatar!! Very Pretty!!

Cheers!
Jackie

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to chrissi2286

• chrissi2286 Said:
Say Cheez By Chrissi2286

heres my entry

Great LO Chris...Now cann you please give me your color pallete? What color did you get from the Color tool??

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to Jackie T

ALmost Friday Ladies!! and 5 weeks to SPring!!

jcbreck
Diva
jcbreck
In response to Jackie T

I'm off for a 10 day vaca in Mexico. Thanks for the great challenge. I need to work further with these color wheels..I'm not sure where that becomes favorable to just using my eye with the papers I have.... Thanks for a GREAT challenge!

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to jcbreck

Have fun in Mexico! I finally got mine done. After loading my photo on here I clicked on the darker red and it gave me this color pallette (red, dark red, fuschia, and a brownish gold). I just used gold. Thanks for the challenge Jackie! I would never have picked this fuschia color for this pic but now that it's all together I'm loving it.
Pretty girl By Zuk

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to jcbreck

• jcbreck Said:
I'm off for a 10 day vaca in Mexico. Thanks for the great challenge. I need to work further with these color wheels..I'm not sure where that becomes favorable to just using my eye with the papers I have.... Thanks for a GREAT challenge!

Ohh WOW Julie!! Excellent..can I got 2?? I will carry your luggage!!

Have lots of fun..and take many Pictures!! We will miss you here!!

Edited by Jackie T on 02-19-10 06:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to DreaSlee

• Zuk Said:
Have fun in Mexico! I finally got mine done. After loading my photo on here I clicked on the darker red and it gave me this color pallette (red, dark red, fuschia, and a brownish gold). I just used gold. Thanks for the challenge Jackie! I would never have picked this fuschia color for this pic but now that it's all together I'm loving it.
Pretty girl By Zuk

Ohh WOW..I really like the Fishia 2!! I really think it make your LO to pop!! Great job!!

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to Jackie T

Thanks Jackie! I think I will be using that color tool more often now. Picking colors for my LO's is my most favorite part of scrapping which is why I'de never consider using it before. But it helps to get you out of your comfort zone and use colors you normally wouldn't.

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to DreaSlee

Awwww!! I'm so happy that you like and found it useful..I also think is a great little tool..that many time we forget to use and the impact to pur LOs could be nice!! Right!!

Hey I'm hosting a New Challenge ..here and at blog!!
Maybe you will like to check-it out and join us!! it going to have very nice Prizes!!
Here the Link
Flashback Fridays!

And At my Blog with $$$$ Money Prizes!
Challenge at my Blog!

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to Jackie T

I just checked it out. If time permits I might enter. Sounds fun and I also love Jeanie. ACU too.

Linda Ola
Guru
Linda Ola
In response to -Jenn-

I haven´t checked in for a while. I so loved working with this color pallette. I will definately do it again. Great challenge!

Love all your lo's. TFS!

ACU!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to -Jenn-

WE got crush today @ women curling..by the Canada team!! 2 to 9!!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to Jackie T

Hi Ladies!! Happy Monday ..Well this will be the last week for the challenge!! I will accept entries until Saturday 27!! and the poll will be up Sunday for voting! SO brigng those LO's!!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to Jackie T

Im hook with the winter Olympics!! next year I will see I won the Lottery or something ...so I could paid for my trip!

-Jenn-
-Jenn- 
Diva
-Jenn-
In response to Jackie T

i'm going to have to drop this challenge. My mom had a heart attack last thursday, and i've been so buzy taking care of her. I wont be here in March, but I will see you guys in April!

sopa1954
Mayor
sopa1954
In response to -Jenn-

I used Scrap By Color here at sb.com. The tool focused on the gray fence in the photo and made black the key color. I fooled around a bit, trying to avoid it, but kept returning to it... Shades of blue were accents, so I used core'dinations color core paper and sanded to get a blue tone. I liked the warmer colors in the photo, so I chose those for my flower colors. This was a great challenge and I learned so much about my style and about myself. Thanks, Jackie.

Family By Sopa1954

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to sopa1954

This a great Page and the color pallet is excellent!! I know we all learn something with this color wheel!!

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to Jackie T

Okay Girls the Challenge is officially Over!! Now is time to send by PM your Favorite LO....Dont need to vote 4urs as I will give a point !

Thanks for playing!

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to Jackie T

Just sent you my vote! Thanks for the fun challenge!

jcbreck
Diva
jcbreck
In response to DreaSlee

I just got back from vacation and am checking in...great lo's!! Thanks for the fun Challenge Jackie!

sopa1954
Mayor
sopa1954
In response to jcbreck

When do we get to hear who won?

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to sopa1954

Hi Everyone!

Sorry for all the waiting..Work is driving me crazy!! I will start the counts now and I will annouce the winner soon!!

Back in a few!

Cheers

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to Jackie T

Okay Girls we have a Winner!!
LINDA OLA!!

Congraturlations!! Great LO!!

And thanks to everyone for your participation!!

I have a new challenge..if you will like to join me : Here is: Peeps, Bunnies and Eggs!

Life
By Linda Ola

Jackie T
Idol
Jackie T
In response to Jackie T

Okay Girls we have a Winner!!
LINDA OLA!!

Congraturlations!! Great LO!!

And thanks to everyone for your participation!!

I have a new challenge..if you will like to join me : Here is: Peeps, Bunnies and Eggs!

Life
By Linda Ola

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to Jackie T

Congrats Linda!

sopa1954
Mayor
sopa1954
In response to DreaSlee

Congratulations, Linda! Beautiful layout!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics