Page 1 of 5 
Username Post: Double or Nothin Scrappers---Active        (Topic#1527501)
cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

Hi! My name is Stacey and I love to do 2 page layouts.

This will be a place where we can draw some inspiration, meet some new friends and share love on each other's pages. I like the idea of sketch challenges, sometimes I need a good sketch to motivate me. I will post a sketch bi-weekly. There will be no pressure though. If you finish it great, but as a mom to 2, I know that life sometimes gets in the way with our scrappy plans.

The only rule that I ask of you is to try to check in weekly. If you know you won't be on for awhile, just give us a head's up so we don't worry. If you decide down the road that your plate is too full and you just can't be a part of the group anymore, PM and let me know. No hard feelings.

Members:

1. cpowife--Stacey
2. scharnack--Sam
3. iuplori--Lori
4. Legomom--Angela
5. raindancer--Adrienne
6. godschild94--Janeen
7. Mary W.--Mary
8. Becky Scraps--Becky
9.baylorbear99
10.EmpressTrahan--Maridee
11.Lemonade--Lori
12.ctlyf--Sandie
13.sbartist--Bonnie
14.Belinda Anne--Bella
15.mrsspec--Amanda
16.Jordannichole--Jordan
17.galoosh--Vonnie
18.organized scrapper--Mandie
19.theScrapoholic--Jill
20.scrappingaddict--Ann Marie
21. chicarella
22. j3Mel--Mel
Sketches:

March 5, 2010

April 07 Page Map By Cpowife

March 19

Scrapbooks ETC. sketch 134 By Cpowife

April 16

Jan. 07 pagemap By Cpowife

May 18:

Scrapbooks Etc. Sketch 205 By Cpowife

Edited by cpowife on 06-08-10 08:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scharnack
Veteran
scharnack
In response to cpowife

I am SO in! Tell me when and where.

Sam♥

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to scharnack

Welcome! That's so great! Hopefully we will get some more members. lol

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to cpowife

btt

iuplori
Guru
iuplori
In response to cpowife

I'd be interested, but I am a slow scrapper! If we keep the pace slow, I'm all for it. I'd love a biweekly sketch challenge too.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to iuplori

Welcome Lori!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to cpowife

btt

Legomom
Expert
Legomom
In response to cpowife

Hey ladies... can I join?
I know I don't have any lo's in my gallery yet... I'm such a loser in that respect but my teenage ds is helping me with the tech stuff and my camera settings... when in doubt ask a teenager, right?
But I would say that 95% of my LOs are 2-pagers.
Take care,
Angela
Maryland

Edited by Legomom on 02-07-10 07:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Legomom
Expert
Legomom
In response to Legomom

As for a name

"Double or nothin' scrappers" ?

It just kind of flew in my head at this moment...

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to Legomom

Welcome Angela!

I love Double or Nothing Scrappers for a name! What does everyone else think?

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to Legomom

• Legomom Said:
Hey ladies... can I join?
I know I don't have any lo's in my gallery yet... I'm such a loser in that respect but my teenage ds is helping me with the tech stuff and my camera settings... when in doubt ask a teenager, right?
But I would say that 95% of my LOs are 2-pagers.
Take care,
Angela
Maryland

I totally agree, when in doubt about the computer stuff, I always ask my kids! lol. I have a dd who is 17 and a ds who just turned 16.

scharnack
Veteran
scharnack
In response to cpowife

I LOVE the Double or Nothin Scrappers! Too fun! (sorry I'm also addicted to my exclamation points)

I asked this in the other thread (the one I started) but I figure I'll ask here as well. What does a group do? I'm pretty new at this scrap forum business and I'm thinking if we have a cool name (check) we should have something to do... is that where the challenges come in? Seriously I'm like a 2 year old about this... just let me know!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legomom
Expert
Legomom
In response to scharnack

• scharnack Said:
I LOVE the Double or Nothin Scrappers! Too fun! (sorry I'm also addicted to my exclamation points)

I asked this in the other thread (the one I started) but I figure I'll ask here as well. What does a group do? I'm pretty new at this scrap forum business and I'm thinking if we have a cool name (check) we should have something to do... is that where the challenges come in? Seriously I'm like a 2 year old about this... just let me know!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 yr olds are fun to be with! It's when they turn 3 that sets in.

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to Legomom

I'm all over the 2pgers. I even host the monthly 2pg LO Challenge. You guys should come check it out.

I'm in grad school right now so I won't be able to participate in any challenges till I'm on break.. but if you don't mind me popping in and out while I'm in school, I'll be around.

Legomom
Expert
Legomom
In response to raindancer

Wow Raindancer, grad school. You go!
I know all too well, from watching dh go through it, how it would be hard to fit s'booking into the mix. Unless you can make a scrapbook album for your dissertation? Nah.. probably not, huh.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to scharnack

• scharnack Said:

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as the group goes, there won't be too many rules. Just a place where we can draw some inspiration, meet some new friends and share love on each other's pages. I like the idea of sketch challenges, sometimes I need a good sketch to motivate me. I can post a sketch bi-weekly. There will be no pressure though. If you finish it great, but as a mom to 2, I know that life sometimes gets in the way with our scrappy plans. I have never hosted a group before, so bear with me. We will be learning together.

I have to start preparing superbowl food so I may not be back on here tonight. If not, hope you ladies have a great night and I am looking forward to getting to know all of you!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to raindancer

• raindancer Said:
I'm all over the 2pgers. I even host the monthly 2pg LO Challenge. You guys should come check it out.

I'm in grad school right now so I won't be able to participate in any challenges till I'm on break.. but if you don't mind me popping in and out while I'm in school, I'll be around.

Welcome!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to cpowife

Any more ideas for the group name or do we all like The Double or Nothing Scrappers?

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to cpowife

I would love to join...2-pagers rock!

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.
In response to godschild94

I'd love to join this group! And Double or Nothin' Scrappers is a great name! Who's designing the tattoo?!!

-Mary

scharnack
Veteran
scharnack
In response to Mary W.

Ok great! I was worried about initiation hazing or something but I couldn't imagine what that might be for an online scrapbooking group.

I like the low key idea and I'm so glad you're hosting Stacey! I'm sure I'll be asking all kinds of ridiculous questions throughout.

I still like Double or Nothin... but thats just me

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to scharnack

Good morning Ladies!

Welcome Janeen and Mary!

I updated the title of the post so that it now includes the name!

What is everyone up to today? I need to work on a couple of valentines gifts while my kids are in school.

Legomom
Expert
Legomom
In response to cpowife

Good Morning all!!!

How did everyone's weekend go? I did a layout (2 page of course) of our new kitty and LEGOS...LOL I'm going to have ds help me post it when we break for school.
I also need to put up a bio too don't I.

I might do that now.

But just a brief intro to me..
I live in Maryland, have 3 boys..ages 14 to 10, am married to a physicist from Norway, homeschool, my mom has just moved in with us, I'm originally from Kansas...and that is about it..I haven't had enough coffee yet. Oh... I guzzle coffee and tea by the gallons.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to Legomom

My weekend went ok. Didn't really do anything but hang out at home. The roads were icy so it was too dangerous to go anywhere.

Angela, can't wait to see your LO!

Great idea for the intro!

My name is Stacey and I am married to a military man and the mom to a dd age 17 (almost 18) and a ds who just turned 16. Needless to say, life gets a little hectic around here sometimes. We are currently living in Virginia, but home is wherever the Navy sends us. My dd got accepted to her first choice college and I am really hoping we get to stay here for awhile longer cause I can't stand the thought of being further away from her than I have to. I love love love coke zero or diet Dr. Pepper and usually have one of the two in my hand! lol

Legomom
Expert
Legomom
In response to Legomom

• Legomom Said:
Good Morning all!!!

How did everyone's weekend go? I did a layout (2 page of course) of our new kitty and LEGOS...LOL I'm going to have ds help me post it when we break for school.
I also need to put up a bio too don't I.

I might do that now.

But just a brief intro to me..
I live in Maryland, have 3 boys..ages 14 to 10, am married to a physicist from Norway, homeschool, my mom has just moved in with us, I'm originally from Kansas...and that is about it..I haven't had enough coffee yet. Oh... I guzzle coffee and tea by the gallons.

Just put up my bio in my profile... There's one thing checked off my to-do list.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Legomom

Can I join in? I love sketches. I've been slacking on my scrapping but hope to get back with it soon. I like the idea of a laid back group. Things get crazy around her so I may not always get the challenge done.

I'm Becky. I have two kids. Trevor 3 1/2 and Rachel 1 1/2. We also have another due in July.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to Becky Scraps

Welcome Becky! Glad you can join us! I have been slacking on my scrapping also. I have been making more cards than I know what to do with. I am hoping this group is the push I need to get back to the scrapbooking! lol

I am hoping to get a sketch up in the next couple of days.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to cpowife

My dd is sleeping in my scraproom while we remodel so I'm not getting much done. Hopefully she'll be out of there soon so I can get back with it. I can't wait to see the sketch. I'll save them even if I can't get to it right away. I have tons of sketches printed out. I use them all the time.

Legomom
Expert
Legomom

Hi Becky! Is a scraproom included in your remodel?

We are hoping to relocate in the next year to get closer to dh's work, he drives about 2.5 hrs in the morning and some evenings it's about 3 hrs...so we're praying that the housing market will get better and we can sell our house so we can move.
AND since I'm the 'household manager'... I am doing the preliminary looking for houses. The list entails: Bigger kitchen, bigger Lego room for the boys, and a scraproom for me.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Legomom

You have a lego room? I have a scraproom now. We are adding another bedroom and a bathroom upstairs. The kids rooms are being remodeled so they have to sleep downstairs. DS sleeps in our room and DD sleep in my scraproom/computer room.

Legomom
Expert
Legomom

Yep... My boys do nothing but Legos or Nerf. My avi shows our cat in a very small pile of Legos.. I think we have about a dozen tubs and each boy has his own 'city'... I'm so used to stepping on bricks now.... walking on a bed of coals would be like a walk in the park!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to Legomom

A Lego room? Wow! I thought my ds had a ton of lego's when he was little but nothing compared to what your boys have! lol. Lego's are good though. They get the brain to work in creative ways. Not to mention, they are just fun!

Becky, Congrats on the remodel! DH and I have talked about adding a den to our house, but we aren't sure if we sill still be here in a couple of years so we probably won't.

Today I am going to work on more Valentine gifts. We normally don't make a big deal out of it. Maybe get the kids some candy, but this year I got some of those little mail boxes and I have been trying to decorate them while the kids are at school. It has been hard though cause dd is a Senior this year and has a free period so she normally gets home around 11.

I looked at some sketches last night. Just need to decide on one and figure out how to save a picture into my gallery from the internet.

Legomom
Expert
Legomom
In response to cpowife

Valentine's day

I have all boys over 10 and they shudder at anything with a heart on it. I've been ogling the Valentine papers out lately...especially the BG Sugar Rush though. I really have NO use for it.... but will that stop me? Just don't hold your breath gals on this one.

I really hope we sell our house this year. I ADORE this house but with my mom living with us now we need something bigger, or at least designed differently.

Today we are supposed to get hit again.. I'm going to make a quick day of school and then get some layouts to take pics of and maybe get some uploaded! It could happen!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to Legomom

I have confidence in you to get some LO's uploaded. lol! You can do it!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to cpowife

Ok, here is a sketch I found. I will also put it on the first post so it will be easily accesible. I will only be able to keep 2 of them in the first message, so as we get going on the sketches, the older one will be replaced with a newer one. Am I making sense or am I rambling?

2 Page Sketch By Cpowife

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to Mary W.

Sounds great on the sketches! And totally loving the first one by the way.

Let's see...bio...

I'm Janeen..27, single, taking a break from teaching and working at Archiver's. I still live at home with the parents, but it works out well. I love scrapbooking, especially 2 page layouts and I am on the 2 page design team over at the If It's Groovy blog. My favorite things to scrap are Disney vacations and my dog Bailey. As for my drink of choice? Pepsi in a can...yum!

Edited by godschild94 on 02-09-10 07:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to cpowife

Making perfect sense to me. I printed mine out!!

A lego room sounds fun. Great that your boys are so into them. My ds loves his but he has the big ones right now. I'm thinking he'll get the next size up for his birthday.

Legomom
Expert
Legomom
In response to cpowife

What a lovely sketch! I LIKE IT!

Legomom
Expert
Legomom
In response to Legomom

Sorry for my rudeness... Hi Janeen! I'm Angela... glad to meet ya!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to Legomom

Good morning ladies!

I need to go through my pics and see what I can come up with for this sketch.

What's everyone up to today?

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to cpowife

I'm working.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

I was working on some more of my valentine projects but I had to put everything away cause the snow started falling pretty heavily and school might get called early. Don't want the kids walking in on me making their present. lol.

I did manage to get dinner going though. Threw a roast in the crock-pot! lol

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to cpowife

I think that is what we are having for dinner tonight too. DH is off today so he'll be making it.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

Even better when someone else makes it huh?

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to cpowife

Exactly. Actually my dh does alot of the cooking. Luckily cuz I hate cooking.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

I love to cook but there are times where I just don't feel like so DH will take over and it always tastes better since I didn't have to do it. lol

I need to go start some laundry. ugh!

iuplori
Guru
iuplori
In response to cpowife

Hi everyone!

I am 28, and I have been living under a pile of snow we call suburban Philly. Someday we'll thaw, but for now, we've got a record breaking season!

I have been married to Rob for five years, and we just celebrated the birth of our first child, Grace, in October. We also have a yorkie and african grey parrot that rule our house. I am an elementary music teacher, and have been scrapbooking long enough to have albums with photos cut into hearts and stars.

My choice of drink is diet dr. pepper, hands down.

LOVE the name Double or Nothin! And the sketch is great too. Maybe I'll get to work on it today with our snow day!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to iuplori

Hi Lori!!

Legomom
Expert
Legomom

Hi Lori! And congrats on your baby! She is precious! Almost makes me want to have another... ALMOST

scharnack
Veteran
scharnack
In response to Legomom

Hello everyone! I'm so excited about joining my first gang... I mean scrap group. Just kidding, although I think I'll get a lot more street cred if I go with the former.
Anyhoo! I'm Sam and I live in the middle of Illinois , no not Chicago and no I don't know Rod Blagoiavich . I'm wife to Jay, mom to Thom and Grace (8 and 6 respectively) and I run a professional photography studio out of my home. I have been scrapping since my son came home from S. Korea in 2002 and kept it up when my daughter came home in 2004. I only do 2 pg LO's unless I'm scrapping digitally and I'm not sure what makes me such a freak about it but I love it so whatev.

I just have one question about this sketch business: is it interpretive or are we pretty much supposed to stick to the basic sketch?

Thanks for your help I'm apparently in need of some hand holding!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to scharnack

Hi Lori! Congrats on your dd! She is a beauty!

Hi Sam! As far as the sketch goes, it is however you want to do them. I view sketches as a guideline but I always try to make it my own. Sometimes, if the creative juices just aren't there for me, I will follow the sketch exactly, other times, I get really creative with them. It is basically how you see it and what you want to do with it. Let your creativity loose! lol!

I am signing off for the night. I had to do homework for my daughters english class. We had to write her a letter with words of wisdom, life advice and how we are feeling as her Senior year comes to an end. Needless to say, I was a wreck. Hard to put all of that into words. The school year is coming to an end way too fast for me!

scharnack
Veteran
scharnack
In response to cpowife

I hope it goes well for you Stacey! I can't imagine Senior year, I'm freaking out just thinking about it! Thanks for the tips I'll get working on that. I'm having a crop here friday nite anyway so I'll get by with a little help from my friends!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to scharnack

lol! Thanks! I told my hubby that he should go ahead and order my straight jacket! DD will be about 5 to 6 hours away at college and we just got word that he should be deploying around the same time. I will still have my son here with me though, so it might not be too bad. lol.

My dd has her military ball tomorrow night. She has 2 friends coming over to get her hair and stuff ready. That should be fun! I am going to be taking a TON of pictures!

scharnack
Veteran
scharnack
In response to cpowife

I can't wait to see the pics Stacey! I'll be thinking about you during your transitions for sure!!!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to scharnack

Thanks!

I finally got my valentine projects completed! yay! Now I can scrap some actual pages! I still need to find some pictures for this sketch.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to cpowife

Good morning Ladies!

I have got a busy day ahead of me with cleaning, errands and then dd getting ready for her dance.So I don't know if I will get back on here today.

I hope you all have a great day!

Legomom
Expert
Legomom
In response to cpowife

Hi Sam! How far are you from Champaign/Urbana? We lived there for about a year... Our first son was born there. Wow, how exciting to have a studio in your home. That must be interesting.

Stacey, oh gosh...I bet there are butterflies in your stomach as well as your daughter's. Have a great day!

Not sure if I'll get back on here later either... but one never knows.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Legomom

I hope your dd has a good time at the dance.

scharnack
Veteran
scharnack

Hey Angela, I'm about 25 miles from Cham-bana. I was born and raised in Urbana (GO TIGERS!!) and now live in Farmer City off of I-74. Funny how small of a world it can be right?!

I'm hoping I'll have my sketch challenge done tonight since I'm hosting a crop at my house... we'll see!

scharnack
Veteran
scharnack
In response to scharnack

Just finished and I think it looks great. Stacey I totally see how the sketch helps SO much. I used it as a starting point and came out with something close but not exactly like that. I'll put pix up in the AM but for now I've got to hit the hay!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to scharnack

Hi Ladies! DD had a great time at the dance!

Sam, I'm glad you found the sketch helpful. They have gotten me out of a few slumps and I find myself using them more and more often now. Can't wait to see what you came up with.

scharnack
Veteran
scharnack
In response to cpowife

OK ladies, here is my take and I'm SOOOO excited about how it turned out!! PLEASE let me know what you think either here or in my gallery. MWAH

Edited by scharnack on 02-13-10 04:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

baylorbear99
Tenant
baylorbear99
In response to Mary W.

Hi. I love 2 page layouts and I'm interested in joining, but I don't know anything about how forums work or how to join. I just posted pages for the first time the other night, so I'm really new to this, but not really new to scrapbooking. Thanks!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to baylorbear99

Hi and welcome baylorbear99! We are very laid back and we will be glad to help you in anyway that we can. For any questions you may have, just ask!

Sam, beautiful LO! I love everything about it.

I still need to work on mine. We started ripping up the kitchen floor to replace it. Ugh! What a mess!

Did you guys have a good Valentines Day? We don't really do anything for it. I don't like dealing with the crowds. lol. We ended up ordering pizza and spending the evening with the kids, which was fine with me!

EmpressTrahan
Guru
EmpressTrahan

I'd love to join in. I'm glad it's a do it if you can, as I too have 2 young babies! Glad to be here!

Legomom
Expert
Legomom
In response to EmpressTrahan

Sam... fantastic layout!!! So THAT'S what it's like to have girls! Those colors are so pretty!

EpressTrahan and balorbear!! I hope you enjoy it here!

My boys and I did a lot of errands Saturday together because dh needed the quiet at home to finish a report, and then Sunday I was helping my mom with a project so you know how those best laid plans go...
But, the boys got a couple new board games ... Operation and Monopoly Here and Now... we are board game nuts... Plus there are the Olympics...I"m hoping it will keep them occupied a bit so I can try out that sketch!

OH..and I got an iPod for 's Day!!! My husband NEVER gives gifts but he surprised me with a green (my favorite color) iPod!! Now I can listen to tunes while I crop!! My scrapcave is next to my mom's apartment and sometimes my 'taste' in music is 'noise' to her.
Now I can listen to my 'noise' while I scrap... I am hoping that will get me more in the groove... been in a bit of a funk lately.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Valentines Day was ok at our house. Nothing exciting. Dh worked all day. Then we ordered out for supper. Pretty much just hung out with the kids all day.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

Welcome Maridee! We are very laid back. I have two teenagers, so sometimes my best intentions to scrap go by the wayside to their plans. lol.

The purpose of the sketches, is for the times that you might need a little inspiration. They are not mandatory, just for fun. Alot of times lately, sketches are what keeps me going. lol. I have a binder with page protectors in it and when I find a sketch I like, I print it out and put it in my binder. Sometimes when I am in a rut, I just pull out my binder and something normally pops out at me. I will probably post a new sketch next week.

scharnack
Veteran
scharnack
In response to cpowife

Welcome Baylorbear and Maridee!

Angela- I love having one of each b/c when I get tired of one I can switch. That's what I kept doing this weekend, I'd do one of his then one of hers... it keeps things from feeling like work.

Valentines was nice, nothing major but my mom took the kiddos so we could have the evening together. We're such lamo's that we couldn't even stay up for a 9:00 pm movie so we went to the book store and came home to watch something on TIVO.

baylorbear99
Tenant
baylorbear99
In response to scharnack

I've used a lot of sketches from the book Page Maps. It's great because in the back of the book are laminated cards you punch out, each with the sketch on one side, and a picture on the other. I'm thinking of starting an "inspriation journal" or something like that, to keep sketches and pictures I like from the magazines. And thanks for the welcome everyone!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to baylorbear99

I love page maps! I haven't seen the book though. I normally go online and look at the sketches. That's where I found the one for this group.

Feel free to post all your creations here so we can see them, not just the one for the sketch.

I am cleaning today and then going to lunch with a friend.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to cpowife

I love pagemaps too. I also just use the website. I've been wanting to make a binder like you were talking about Stacey. Hopefully I'll get to that soon.

iuplori
Guru
iuplori

Never heard of pagemaps before, but I'll have to check it out!

Welcome BaylorBear and Maridee! I'm really slow too, so I understand where you're coming from.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to iuplori

I went for my ultrasound today. Looks like the baby is a girl!!

EmpressTrahan
Guru
EmpressTrahan

wow! congrats Becky! ! ! I love babies. especially when they aren't ones that wake ME up at 3am. lol i have one of those already!! names picked out yet???

My DS, Braxtyn just started walking today, =]

Vday was well, like it always is around here, filled with the love of my kiddos, DH working, and the wonderful aroma of...diaper duty! lol

I'm glad to be here, and thanks for the warm welcome =]

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

Congrats Becky! Any names yet?

Congrats Maridee on your son starting to walk!

Both of you ladies had a pretty exciting day!

I went to print out the pics to start on this sketch last night and my printer died! Guess I am going to buy a new one today. The one that died isn't even a year old. Ugh!

I love pagemaps, I only wish they did more double page sketches. I think they only do like 1 or 2 double ones per month. The rest are all single's.

Legomom
Expert
Legomom
In response to cpowife

Wow Becky! How exciting!

Meridee, the first steps... was he just proud of himself or what!
I remember my oldest ds when he started walking.. everyone was freaking out because he was the size of an 8 month old but was actually 14 months old but was born preemie. Wow...that was a loooong time ago, he'll be 14 next week.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Legomom

No names picked out yet. Thinking about it but nothing for sure.

Meridee congrats on your ds taking his first steps. That is so fun!

scharnack
Veteran
scharnack

You guys have so much excitement happening!! First steps, new daughters... I'm giddy just thinking about the scrapping possibilities!

Congrats to all!!!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to scharnack

It's so fun. I have a big decision to make. My ds's books are blue and dds are pink. What color should babies be??? I'm thinking purple. Hoping I can find a purple baby scrapbook.

EmpressTrahan
Guru
EmpressTrahan

thanks ladies!!! I'm super excited, and super scared!!! lol Everything needs to be locked up now! lol

thanks everyone! you ladies sure have made me feel welcome here. =]

Legomom
Expert
Legomom

A purple baby book would be really fun! Gosh, baby pages... that brings back memories...

Meridee, yeah..I remember those days of having the waste basket on top of the filing cabinet, bungee cords wrapped around my dh's science cabinet (he was a grad student when we had little ones), and when they get their speed up...whoa, those little feet can run! I think this is when you sprout those extra eyes in the back of your head.

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.
In response to Legomom

Hi everybody! I haven't been on much, but wanted to pop in and say hi. I need to get in my scrap room and get something done, but it's been so cold here, and that room is really cold so I don't like being in there! Now, when I say cold, don't laugh that it's in the 40s, but I'm in Florida and it's not usually this cold for this long here! My fingers are freezing as I type! Hopefully it'll warm up soon and I can get motivated to do something!

-Mary

EmpressTrahan
Guru
EmpressTrahan
In response to Mary W.

yes!!! I think this Was the age of my DD when I got them! lol and I love every minute of this chaos!!! Kids are so amazing..one minute you are eating them up, the next, you want to strangle them, then the next you are feeling bad for your frustration and right back to thanking God for them.

Lemonade
Resident
Lemonade

I'd be interested. I pretty much do only 2 page layouts (love the name Double or Nothin, btw.). I scrap rather sporadically and usually not at home, but I bought a Cricut at the beginning of the year....I may dabble a bit at home more often.

I have 3 kids, 18g, 10b, 3b (and boy are you right Legomom...3yo's are devilish- this last one of mine is a challenging child!). My oldest doesn't hang out with us as much these days so most of my family album pics involve my 2 boys. It's sometimes a challenge to find non girlie paper.

I'm interested in the sketches- I typically have a basic layout in my head or an example layout in mind but I've never really followed a sketch or template.

Sam- I'm in IL too...no where near Chicago either. I'm further south from you, closer to St Louis.

EmpressTrahan
Guru
EmpressTrahan
In response to Lemonade

yes, 3 yo aren't the easiest age I think...and mine is a Red head! and has the temper to match!

Lemonade
Resident
Lemonade

It's probably a good thing he hasn't red hair, I think. I don't know that I could survive much more from him. lol. I didn't dare take him out to a restaurant from May 09 until Dec 09 after the "Unfortunate Applebee's Incident." He flung a FORK at a passing waiter, screamed, "I Hate you GUY" at our waiter, wailed at the top of his lungs on our trip to the bathroom to have a little "discussion" about his behavior. He was more subdued for a few minutes, then fell asleep with his head buried in my side. He's closer to 4 than 3 now...I count down the days til he's 4 in the hopes for a miraculous personality shift. 3 mos and 8 days, btw.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to Lemonade

Welcome to the group Lori!

Becky, if you can't find a purple baby book, you could always go with a yellow one. I have seen those before.

Mary, I won't laugh. I grew up in Florida and my mom is still there so I understand what it means for it to be 40 there.

Lemonade
Resident
Lemonade
In response to cpowife

Thanks Stacey!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to Lemonade

You are welcome!

I never got around to getting a printer last night. Supposed to get it today. I have my pics for the sketch all picked out. I hoping to have it done tomorrow, if we get the new printer tonight.

I have some ideas for the new sketch. Waiting a couple more days to post it.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to cpowife

I won't be around for a couple days. We are going on a little mini vacation to Nickelodean Universe in the Mall of America.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

Lucky Duck! I LOVE the Mall of America!

iuplori
Guru
iuplori
In response to cpowife

Lucky Becky! I've never been to the Mall of America. Have a great time!

Welcome to a fellow "Lori!" Would that be the WMUT in your profile pic? LOL

Lemonade
Resident
Lemonade
In response to iuplori

• iuplori Said:
Lucky Becky! I've never been to the Mall of America. Have a great time!

Welcome to a fellow "Lori!" Would that be the WMUT in your profile pic? LOL

Hi Lori! Yup, that would be my politically correct pride and joy.

EmpressTrahan
Guru
EmpressTrahan
In response to Lemonade

have fun!!!!

Lemonade
Resident
Lemonade

I'm still trying to make my way through everyone's galleries. I managed to upload some 2 pagers today too!

Have fun Becky.

scharnack
Veteran
scharnack
In response to Lemonade

I've been checking out everyone's stuff in their galleries and I'm so impressed! I still think we need pink leather jackets but other than that this is going to be a great group!!!

ctlyf
ctlyf 
Veteran
ctlyf
  • ctlyf on 02-18-10 07:18 PM
In response to Legomom

• Legomom Said:
  • scharnack Said:

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 yr olds are fun to be with! It's when they turn 3 that sets in.

Isn't that the truth... my theory is that since everyone knows about the "terrible twos", nobody wants to say anything about the "threes" or nobody would have kids period! The good thing is it does only seem to be the `Threes` and not the fours! That being said, I`m not fully in the teen years yet!

I`d like to join the group, if that`s alright. I don`t always get a lot done, but it helps if I have someone pushing me! Typically I do 2-page layouts, or two single pages layouts that match!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to ctlyf

Welcome Sandie!

I have been trying to get to everyone's galleries also. I think I still have a couple more to do.

So, we went and got the new printer last night, hooked it up, got all excited, printed 1 picture, then 10 pictures and the print quality was horrible so it is going back! Ugh! So frustrating!

I think I am going to go ahead and put up another sketch, in case any of you have big scrappy plans this weekend. I promise I will get mine done eventually.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to cpowife

Here's another sketch for ya:

Oct. 07 PageMap By Cpowife

Does every other Friday sound good as far as a schedule goes for me posting the sketches?

Page 1 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics