Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Presidents Day Five in One challenge        (Topic#1528139)
Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

As a Valentine's Day gift I get the day to scrap!! Meals and cleaning will be managed by my boys! So to honor this and my day off on Monday, I'm trying to encourage others to join me for a 5 in 1 challenge. Feel free to complete any of the five challenges listed here. This will be a place to come chat and share as you work.

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 02-13-10 08:49 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Ms.Schwiet

Challenge one: Scraplift anyone (even yourself) at sb.com

Also if you need inspiration for the scrap lift here's a challenge about scraplifting.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15265...

I know there is more scraplifting challenges out there so if you want to share a link feel free.

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 02-14-10 05:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Challenge two: sketch of the day....

15/02/10 ~ #4 By ~TheSketchPad~

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 02-13-10 10:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Challenge three: president's day challenge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presiden ts_of_the_...

Honor the presidents challenge…. Find each president that matches you for each question. OR the president that most closely matches you. If two or more presidents match you than pick one. With that list of presidents, you will pick add the embellishment that coordinates with that president’s to your page. This list of items can be combine. For example I have bird, die cut, paint and something black. I could paint a die cut bird black. If you have the same president twice you must add double of that embellishment. See my example and I and others are willing to help you along the way so just pop in and we’ll get you through this.

Questions:
1. Find the president that’s first name starts with the same letter as your first name. If none have the same letter as you then pick the next letter closest to your name.
My pick – Stacey- there are no S’s so I go to T’s- Theodore Roosevelt

2. Find the president that’s last name starts with the same letter as your last name. If none have the same letter as you then pick the next letter closest to your name.
My Pick- My last name starts with S- there are no S’s so I go with T- William Taft

3. Find a President with the same birth month as you.
My Pick- January- Millard Fillmore has a Jan birthday

4. Find a president that was born in the same state as you. If you have none than the state that would be the closest in distance.
My pick- Ohio- James Garfield

5. Find a president that shares the initials of your first boyfriend, your husband, or your current significant other. If none have the same letter as you then pick the next letter closest to their name.
My Pick- My DH2B’s name is Larry- L- none have an L so I pick an M’s name
Martin Van Buren

6. Find a president that shares the initials of your first born child or your pet’s name. If none have the same letter as you then pick the next letter closest to their name.
My Pick- Dalton- Dwight D. Eisenhower
7. Using the order that the presidents are listed as taking office, find the number that is closest to you in age. For example, if you are 1 years old your president would be George Washington. If you are 44 or older your president will be Barack Obamha.
My Pick- I’m 35- so have John F Kennedy

8. Find a president that was born in the same state that you current live in. If you have none than the state that would be the closest in distance.
My Pick- I’m in Florida- so I have Jimmy Carter from Georgia

9. Find the president that’s age at ascension is closest to your mom’s age. If your mother is deceased the closest to the age she would be.
My pick- My mom is 63- so I have Zachary Taylor

My final list of presidents
1. Theodore Roosevelt- distressing
2. William Taft- something purple
3. Millard Fillmore- homemade flower
4. James Garfield - die cut
5. Martin Van Buren crumble and straighten your paper
6. Dwight D. Eisenhower bird
7. John F Kennedy something black
8. Jimmy Carter something metal
9. Zachary Taylor paint

Adams, John – something red
Adams, John Quincy - flower

Arthur, Chester Alan stickles or glitter

Buchanan, James - ribbon

Bush, George Herbert Walker stitching

Bush, George Walker – something blue

Carter, James Earl Jr. something metal

Cleveland, Grover punch

Cleveland, Grover something round

Clinton, William Jefferson non scrap item

Coolidge, Calvin – something white

Eisenhower, Dwight David bird

Fillmore, Millard homemade flower

Ford, Gerald Rudolph quilling

Garfield, James Abram die cut

Grant, Ulysses S. – something green

Harding, Warren Gamaliel- handmade embelly

Harrison, Benjamin something in a perfect square

Harrison, William Henry – Old in consumable thing your stash (id when u post)
Hayes, Rutherford Birchard weave or lace something

Hoover, Herbert Clark – something brown

Jackson, Andrew sticker

Jefferson, Thomas two flowers

Johnson, Andrew something heart shaped

Johnson, Lyndon Baines stamp

Kennedy, John Fitzgerald – something black

Lincoln, Abraham button

Madison, James brad

McKinley, William something star shaped

Monroe, James eyelet

Nixon, Richard Milhous beads

Obama, Barack Hussein – something pink

Pierce, Franklin paper piecing

Polk, James Knox an insect

Reagan, Ronald Wilson mask

Roosevelt, Franklin Delano two handmade flowers

Roosevelt, Theodore distressing

Taft, William Howard – something purple

Taylor, Zachary paint

Truman, Harry tearing

Tyler, John something oval shaped

Van Buren, Martin crumble and straighten your paper

Washington, George bow or knot

Wilson, Woodrow tag

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Challenge four: progressive to start at 9 am sb.com or 12 pm eastern time on Sunday

A Progressive Challenge is done quickly and in steps.........it's like scrapbooking meets Simon Says with a touch of choose your group's adventure.

At the selected time of the day, I will give directions for you to follow approximately every 15 minutes until the challenge/layout is complete. I will not even know the how the layout will turn out because you all will help make decisions as I narrate a story. It’s like a choose your own adventure scrapbook challenge.

You will need common scrap supplies and 2 or 3 pictures to be decided at the time of the challenge.

You must follow the steps and you should not peek ahead if you are doing the page after the fact. You must do what the step says, but you can do more if you would like. For example if the step calls for adding embellishments and you’re told to add two you could add three.

You can play with me at that time I give the directions or you can follow later folowing the order when you get a free chance.

Some sneak peeks:
*Step one sketch/scraplift selection
**Step two paper selection and placement
***Step two number of pictures suggestion
****Step three flower adding
*****Step four embellishment adding
******Step five adding the title
*******Step six the journaling, doodling, or stitching stage

THE RULES:
*Your lo has to be new as of the day the challenge, hence a progressive challenge.
**Upload your lo here within 24 hours of the last direction
***Single or double page LO's are fine. Any size is allowed too! Paper only as the directions are for that type
****When the challenge has been closed, pm me your favorite layout within 24 hours of the challenge close time
*****Don’t vote for yourself as you will get a vote from me for sending in your vote.
******You can start the challenge at anytime within the 24 hours
*******You MUST follow each direction step-by-step one at a time, NO sneak peeks

When the challenge is complete I will post the step by steps here for anyone to complete EVEN if you can't be here at that time. So you can join in the motivation of completing pages

STEP ONE: select a page you want to scraplift with TWO or more pictures. Add the URL to the post so we know which layout you will lift. If you post a scraplift without the correct amount of pictures, be sure to note how you plan to alter the sketch to meet the picture requirement.

STEP TWO - gather your papers that you will use today paper do any one of the following to these papers..A) distress the edges distress an area by hold punching and inking a patch H) crumble, wad, and then unfold and straighten J) place a textured item under the paper and sand over the paper so that texture shows through. How to blog: http://forscrappingoutlou d.blogspot.com/2009/09/sand-pa...

STEP THREE- - select one of your pictures and do any one of the following to the picture or mat A. Crop at least one to a shape other than the original G) mosaic cut the corners of the picture

STEP FOUR- add 2 flowers

STEP FIVE- pick at LEAST ONE thing from the following list to embellish your page with. Feel free to add other and more.

1. Stickles or glitter
2. Ribbon or stitching
3. Something metal
4. Punch or die cut
5. Non scrap item
6. Quilling
7. A bird
8. Handmade embelly
9. Old in consumable thing your stash (id when u post)
10. Weave something---ribbon or paper
11. Tag with iris fold

STEP SIX-- Title Time with a Twist. It's up to you about placement, product and size, but whatever you use - A) DISTRESS in some way C) use - "bling it up" in some way F) add ribbon to the title

STEP SEVEN PICK ONE:- 2) journal around a picture or element on the page: be sure to public embed the picture please 4) journal on a tag and find a place (even tucked a little under something) 6) doodle in this style found under this tutorial 07 June scroll almost to the bottom to find it http://bootscraps.blogspot.com/2009_06_01_archive.html

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 02-14-10 11:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Challenge five: progressive two with audience participation starts at 6 am sb.com or 9 am eastern on Monday

STEP ONE: select a sketch that has ONE or more pictures that you will use for today’s challenge and paste it into a reply for this challenge. If you load a sketch without the correct amount of picture placements, be sure to note how you plan to alter the sketch to meet the picture requirement.

STEP TWO - gather your papers that you will use today paper do any three of the following to these papers... A) distress the edges B) do a mask [lightly ink or paint- I suggest using some spray on product- so it will dry quickly C) distress with stickles D) tear the edges E) place a textured item under the paper and sand over the paper so that texture shows through. How to blog: http://forscrappingoutlou d.blogspot.com/2009/09/sand-pa... F) use ink, paint or even a marker to make your own pock-a-dot if you use ink or paint share with the group what strange object you used to make the uniform pock-a-dots (I use bingo markers, bubble wrap, pencil tops)

STEP THREE: PICTURES-select one of your pictures and do any TWO to the picture or mat

A. DOUBLE MAT AND DISTRESS EDGES OF PICTURE OR MATTING
B. DISTRESS ONE OTHER THAN USING INK (FILING, SANDING, SCISSORS, ETC)
C. MOSAIC (CUT THE PICTURE UP)
D. 3-D YOUR PICTURE (USE YOUR POP DOTS)
E. SINGLE MAT AT LEAST ONE
F. CROP ATLEAST ON TO SHAPE OTHER THAN ITS ORIGINAL
G. ADD DECORATIVE CORNERS (USE YOUR PUNCHES, STICKERS, RUBONS, BE CREATIVE)

Hopefully I am doing this right

STEP FOUR: INCLUDE at LEAST 2 OF THESE FLOWERS:
A) a handmade flower

B) a circle folded flower (I’ve heard them called dalphia flowers) with inked edges or an ink like look- I’ll use markers they dry faster.

Tutorial by Mandy AKA Craftsprinkles: http://forscrappingoutlou d.blogspot.com/2009/07/folded-...

C) One must be a handmade flower with a twist and blinged. So make the flower and added glitter, stickles, beads, gems, or sequins

D) pinwheel flower

STEP FIVE-ONE must be ribbon or stitching. Plus you pick at LEAST 2 things from the following list to embellish your page with. Feel free to add other and more.

1. Stickles or glitter
2. Ribbon or stitching
3. Something metal
4. Punch or die cut
5. Non scrap item
6. Quilling
7. A bird
8. Handmade embelly
11. Tag with iris fold

STEP SIX: TITLE TIME WITH A TWIST
Your choice for product, size, and placement

Must use ONE of the following techniques/products.

A. Kissing: technique
B. Resist: video
C. Glossy Accents: just add some glossy accents

STEP SEVEN
A) add doodles to the page; be sure to public embed the picture please

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 02-15-10 03:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106

oh my lord--i am tired just reading about the presidents---LOL!!! i am gonna give it a shot--what they hey--i only live one time--right!!--i better get to bed so i can wake up early and get to getting!!!

whoooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooo

scrapinbabygal
Queen
scrapinbabygal

• Ms.Schwiet Said:
Challenge four: progressive two with audience participation starts at 6 am sb.com or 9 am eastern

So there is two "challenge four"??

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to scrapinbabygal

nope I messed up my numbers when I moved the president's day higher up since it can be done independently. Thanks Sabrina for keeping me straight.

I'm playing with my "kits" to see what one's I will be doing for these 5 challenges.

justowen
Governor
justowen

Cool!!! I'm scrapping tomorrow and Monday, too!! I have to play the role of NASCAR mom for the Daytona 500...ds2 is a huge fan and since we celebrated the Super Bowl last week, we have to do the same thing for Daytona. Other than that, I should be freeeeee!

-Jenn-
-Jenn- 
Diva
-Jenn-

This sounds like fun, what if I can't be online in the morning though?? can I log on around 2:30 (cst) and jump in?? I am kinda confused by the rules, but I'm sure I can figure it out!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to -Jenn-

Rules rules who cares about rules....it's like driving in Europe there are no rules just guidelines. Jump in whenever you have any free time.

Basically there are two simple sketch and scraplift challenges...we've all done those before. The sketch is a coming soon goody.

The president's challenge takes a little thinking and planning, but once you have your list of goodies you can start building your page. Of course you can add more and you can improvise as long as it's within the ball park because this is all about getting pages done.

The progressives are fun if you can be here at the time because there's an extra bonus of doing a page at the same exact time as someone in the world. Plus there is the added competition of being done first. If you can't be here when we do one you can see the steps and build your page hen you have a chance

-Jenn-
-Jenn- 
Diva
-Jenn-

oh ok!! This sounds like fun! I will jump in when I can!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to -Jenn-

Now I know it'll be fun

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to -Jenn-

My final list of presidents
1. James Earl (Jimmy) Carter - something metal
2. Barack Hussein Obama - something pink
3. James Abram Garfield - die cut
4. Harry S. Truman - tearing
5. Rutherford Birchard Hayes - weave or lace something
6. Richard Milhous Nixon - beads
7. George Walker Bush - something blue
8. Harry S. Truman - tearing
9. James Buchanan - ribbon

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to justowen

Jenny that looks pretty doable...I'm still trying to find the right pic and paper combo for mine....When I find that I'm off to bed so I can get an early start

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex

lol i just had to work out which president was born the closest to the UK!

scrapinbabygal
Queen
scrapinbabygal

Hey Stacey
I wont be home for most of tomorrow. Can I still do Challenges one two and three?? Also is Challenge Five on Monday? It doesnt say.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

There is an extra challenge for those around the world. Sorry. Also Alison I hope u still have a sketch to share.

The last progressive will be on Monday. So I'll get that editted by morning. Have a good night. Sweet dreams and all that mess you'll need the rest for the AM.

Join in whenever time allows.

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex

My list

1.Chester A. Arther - Stickles
2.Theodore Roosevelt - Distress
3.Herbert C. Hoover - Something Brown
4.Franklin Pierce - Paper Piecing
5.Richard M. Nixon - Beads
6.Ronald W. Reagan - Mask
7.William H. Taft - Something Purple
8.Franklin Pierce - Paper Piecing
9.John Tyler - Oval

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex

• Ms.Schwiet Said:
There is an extra challenge for those around the world. Sorry. Also Alison I hope u still have a sketch to share.

The last progressive will be on Monday. So I'll get that editted by morning. Have a good night. Sweet dreams and all that mess you'll need the rest for the AM.

Join in whenever time allows.

That reminds me im gonna upload 1 to ~TheSketchPad~ now.

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex
In response to xAlysonex

Here you go this weeks sketch, hope you like it. Anyone playing here can also upload at ~TheSketchPad~ gallery for a chance to get in the prize draw there too.

15/02/10 ~ #5 By ~TheSketchPad~

Now im off to bed for a couple of hours it just hit 6am here.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

Hey Stacey!!! You are SOOO bad for my school work! I hope to participate in all of the challenges, but as usual I am SWAMPED with school work which I have been avoiding and is Due last thursday, monday, tuesday, and wednesday!!! 6 pg paper, Rabbinic Hebrew translation, 4-6 pg paper and another Rabbinic Hebrew translation. AHHH!!! But scrapping is sooo much more fun

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

Megan, I know what you mean. I'm procrastinating on mine AGAIN.

scrapinbabygal
Queen
scrapinbabygal

Hello. Stacey I told you I might be airhead-ish to get this but I am giving it a go. Sorry I am still a little confused.

Here is my list
2. Franklin Pierce- paper piecing
3. George Herbert Walker Bush- stitching
4. Richard Milhous Nixon- beads
5. John Adams- something red
6. Benjamin Harrison- something in a perfect square
7. William McKinley- something star shaped
8. Richard Milhous Nixon- beads
9. William Jefferson (Bill) Clinton- non-scrap item

What do I do when two of my answers are the same?? Numbers 4 and 8?? And I dont own any beads so what do I do? Sorry to be such a pain Thanks :)

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to xAlysonex

I think I would like to join this challenge.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

• scrapinbabygal Said:
Hello. Stacey I told you I might be airhead-ish to get this but I am giving it a go. Sorry I am still a little confused.

Here is my list
2. Franklin Pierce- paper piecing
3. George Herbert Walker Bush- stitching
4. Richard Milhous Nixon- beads
5. John Adams- something red
6. Benjamin Harrison- something in a perfect square
7. William McKinley- something star shaped
8. Richard Milhous Nixon- beads
9. William Jefferson (Bill) Clinton- non-scrap item

What do I do when two of my answers are the same?? Numbers 4 and 8?? And I dont own any beads so what do I do? Sorry to be such a pain Thanks :)

Hee hee...I have to laugh that the one thing you don't have came up twice! okay no beads....these are guideline...sorry, thinking out loud....what could you use in your stash that is bead like??? use anything tiny and roundish...you would have a son so you can't steal some cheap dress up or baby doll beads... I'm looking around my house think what is tiny and bead like. I have used aquarium stones on a page before, or maybe eyelets those are small and round....shucks even a good old fashion round hole punch.

Feel free to improvise just sty close to the general idea.

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 02-14-10 04:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Betsye welcome. Glad you'll be joining us. Working on cup number of my coffee. Up early to start,but that means I must nap. I love Sunday naps almost as much as I love sunday scraps.

provinca
Governor
provinca

I found you!! Okay, here's my presidential list. I think it's totally do-able except I really hate masking -- thanks Mom for being so old!

Abe Lincoln - button
James Madison - brad
Rutherford B Hayes - weave or lace
John F Kennedy - black
James Monroe - eyelet
Lyndon B. Johnson - stamp
Barack Obama - Pink
George HW Bush - stitching
Ron Regan - masking

Off to get myself organized!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

LOL!!! Glad it's do-able. I'm think mine not so much I keep fighting mith my cricut. I have shredded so many pieces I'm quitting with the title as I planned

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 02-14-10 05:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

For those of you playing ATG here's a reminder for today's challenge

DAILY Feb 14 GEE no surprise here what I will ask you to scrap today… first it is valentine’s day so kiss the one you love worth 50 points…for an added 100 points scrap ANYTHING valentinish…. Hearts, red, pink, candy, or simply scrap what you love!!!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Also if you need inspiration for the scrap lift here's a challenge about scraplifting.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15265...

I know there is more scraplifting challenges out there so if you want to share a link feel free.

Also scraplifting yourself counts.

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex

Im kinda glad i got beads in my list i have loads from when i used to cross stitch but i never ever use them now. The one thing i don't like is masking & im not a huge fan of paper piecing but im sure its dooable. I have something in mind just gota clear my table & make a start.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to xAlysonex

I feel for you two hard techniques in one. I love masking only because I love to use paints

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex

eww i got stamping too lol

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex

Are we lifting or using a sketch for the progressive later?

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to xAlysonex

have both ready 'cause we won't know until we start... both are an options it'll depend on the number picked...no story telling this time.

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex

ok i think ill use 1 of the valentines skeyches im way behind over there.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to xAlysonex

don't tell me I'll be first to complete and load one of the challenges. I almost have number 3 done. I do know megan did the sketch late last night she just didn't post it heree yet

scrapinbabygal
Queen
scrapinbabygal

Hi Stacey
Ok so in place of beads I could use eyelets? or brads? i have tons of those

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex

I logged in this morning & thought megans page was so cute in my fuzzi headedness i wondered where id seen it before, took a second for the coin to drop.

Well i was planning on starting a LO this afternoon but instead i9 decided to find a home for my new goodies ended up cleaning my whole scrap area out & im still up to my eyes in stuff.

However i found a use for all the empty pizza delivery boxes my LSS uses for parcels they are just the right size for a piece of 12x12 cardstock so i now have 4x pizza boxes full of finished LOs.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to xAlysonex

shazam!!!! that's a lot....I looked at my stack as I tried to find the companion page for the pae I'm doing. I really need to get them into albums. I wonder who I can con into stuffing them. Maybe I'll give the album empty as a gift and wrap the page as a seprate gift and make the reciever stuff them

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

FYI here's this week's ABC challenge and ironically it matches my challenge 3 so I have this challenge knocked out!!!

H - How To: Your LO must have something you learned how to do on it. So, it can't just have store bought embellies with matted pics. You must do something you learned how to do as a scapper -- paint, mask, emboss, tear, make an embellie. Please say what your "how to" is.

I - Ink: Ink it up! Your LO must have ink on it somewhere -- to distress, to accent, etc.

J - Jewelry: Your LO must have some scrapping jewelry on it -- gems, jewels, pins, etc.

provinca
Governor
provinca

LOL. glad it worked out for you Stacey!!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Wow noon snuck up on me...we start in less than 10 minutes...

That gives my challenge three time to dry

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Okay here are the progressive options. The first person to respon will pick step 1:

Do you want 1a, 1b, 1c, or do you want 2a, 2b, 2c

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 02-14-10 09:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

provinca
Governor
provinca

let's go with shakespear -- 2b

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

1c

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

is anything happening?

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

okay 2b was first....

STEP ONE: select a page you want to scraplift with TWO or more pictures. Add the URL to the post so we know which layout you will lift. If you post a scraplift without the correct amount of pictures, be sure to note how you plan to alter the sketch to meet the picture requirement.

THIS IS FIVE MINUTE STAGE

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Sorry I got my fam making me brunch but guess who's really making it!!! I think they can handle it now.

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Blah public embedding is disabled for this image. But this what i plan to lift.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to xAlysonex

I only care about a URL anyway....I'm having trouble here...I tried last night to plan these but I had no success than

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Pick any TWO letters between A and K

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 02-14-10 09:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex

Thought u said A & Z sorry lol

A & J

Edited by xAlysonex on 02-14-10 09:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to xAlysonex

opps not that far in the alphabet I only have "A" through "K" here and youknow what make it three more options is easier!!!!

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex

A J and ooo um H

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to xAlysonex

here's the one i'm lifting:

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 2526239.h...

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to xAlysonex

STEP TWO - gather your papers that you will use today paper do any one of the following to these papers..A) distress the edges distress an area by hold punching and inking a patch H) crumble, wad, and then unfold and straighten J) place a textured item under the paper and sand over the paper so that texture shows through. How to blog: http://forscrappingoutlou d.blogspot.com/2009/09/sand-pa...

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 02-14-10 09:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

and my lift...it has three pics but I will only be using two

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/389383/view /2243545/...

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Now we have options "a" through "g"

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

anyone anyone

provinca
Governor
provinca

Here's the URL of what I'm lifting:

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/361439/view /2604853/...

I'll be doing 3 pics instead of 4

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to provinca

a and g

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

STEP THREE- - select one of your pictures and do any one of the following to the picture or mat
A. Crop at least one to a shape other than the original G) mosaic cut the corners of the picture

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex

Does cropping from a rectangle into a square count for A?

I just finished sanding my paper & it actually looks better than i thought it would

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to xAlysonex

yesp rectangle to square is a crop from the orginal

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

i'm going to take a break as I am still working on the paper stage! I am slow today, i picked a page with too many details!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

I did the same thing...lots of cuts and diffrent papers...Megan check the first page. I'm putting the step-by-step there for easy completion.

okay we're moving on

pick a number one two or three

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 02-14-10 10:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scraphappyjenn:D
Diva
scraphappyjenn:D

Have fun ladies. I wish I could play but I am still sick and we are going to the movies today in a couple hours. Hubby is cooking huevos rancheros for breakfast for us girls. We are so lucky!

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to scraphappyjenn:D

It's Valentine's Day -- let's go with "2"

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to scraphappyjenn:D

Get well Jenn. Sounds like you have a great day that will definatly have you feeling good....if you can we're running one early tomorrow

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Simply add two flowers

-Jenn-
-Jenn- 
Diva
-Jenn-

I am just checking in from my phone. I can't wait to come home and get started on this!!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to -Jenn-

Hi mobile Jenn.... we'll be here ...maybe I'll be napping but at least the directions are here

provinca
Governor
provinca

I'll be joining a bit late tomorrow. I have to take dd1 to the driving school to finish up her paperwork so she can get her license. I have to be there at 9:30! Ughh!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

your next options are
a1
a2
b1
b2

provinca
Governor
provinca

I hope I don't shoot myself in the foot, but I'm going with A1 (like the steak sauce!!)

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

LOL

I think you did good

STEP FIVE- pick at LEAST ONE thing from the following list to embellish your page with. Feel free to add other and more.

1. Stickles or glitter
2. Ribbon or stitching
3. Something metal
4. Punch or die cut
5. Non scrap item
6. Quilling
7. A bird
8. Handmade embelly
11. Tag with iris fold

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

sorry that took so long. I was about to post but the showed the trailer for the A-Team movie and I had to see it

provinca
Governor
provinca

Yippee! I'm off to add it.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

now i need an a through f

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

opps lets expand that give me THREEE letters...gotta love choices

provinca
Governor
provinca

Where is everyone???

I'll take a C (since dd2 just came home with one!)

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to provinca

Well, if the truth be told, dd1 just got an f on a test so I'll take that one, too. My last choice would be "a" since that's what I wish they'd come home with!!!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

In what subject??? and give me two more

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

LOL we all want a's. My son just got off grounding for his f in writing, but he struggles with school

here's your options for step six

STEP SIX-- Title Time with a Twist. It's up to you about placement, product and size, but whatever you use - A) DISTRESS in some way C) use - "bling it up" in some way F) add ribbon to the title

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

I do feel like it'sjust us

provinca
Governor
provinca

dd1 got a 48 on a math test -- the teacher gave a test on the Friday (the day after the school's dance theatre production). She studied, but not as much as she should have b/c she had to be at the performance at 5:00 on Thurs. and it lasted until 10:30! dd2 got her "c" on a soc. st. project -- she just didn't get it right -- passed in her research a day late, didn't have the presentation be as long as it should have and didn't interact with the class as she presented. Of course, her power point didn't work, so she didn't have any visuals. It was a mess!

So, me letters are "A" "C" and "F". Uggh!!

Edited by provinca on 02-14-10 11:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

Poor girls

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

ONLY one step left!!!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Anna whenever you are ready pick the final number...

0ne through six

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex

Im still here just cooking dinner & making my flowers at the same time.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to xAlysonex

multi-tasking!!! i went with easy flowers this time...lollipops

provinca
Governor
provinca

I thought I was supposed to pick 3 letters (a - f)??

Guess not. Numbers . . . 2, 4, 6

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to provinca

Forget my last post -- I totally missed those instructions! Duhh!!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

here you go last step

STEP SEVEN PICK ONE:- 2) journal around a picture or element on the page: be sure to public embed the picture please 4) journal on a tag and find a place (even tucked a little under something) 6) doodle in this style found under this tutorial 07 June scroll almost to the bottom to find it http://bootscraps.blogspot.com/2009_06_01_archive.html

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 02-14-10 11:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

sorry trying to find the exactly link for the doodle

provinca
Governor
provinca

Here's mine:

All Aboard By Provinca

-Jenn-
-Jenn- 
Diva
-Jenn-

checking in from my phone again, I am off to m's then hopefully I will be home so I can play!!

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics