Username Post: NEW! North Georgia Scrappers Group!        (Topic#1528393)
New Kid On the Block

I've seen a few of us talking about starting a new scrap group for North Georgia, so I thought I'd start one!

My name is Bonnie, I have a daughter who is 14 months, and I live with her and my husband in Jasper. I have been scrapping now for 6 or 7 years (hard to keep track!) and absolutely LOVE scrapping with friends. I just love sharing new ideas and seeing everyone's creativity! I am a CTMH consultant. I joined after I got hooked on their acrylic stamps - it was the only way to support my 'addiction'!

So what about everyone else? Who are ya, where ya from, how long have you been scrapping? What's your favorite tool or product?

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to thebonmama

Hi, Bonnie! My name is Tish and I live in Ball Ground (Canton-Cherokee County). I'm married, have 2 stepsons, 1 stepdaughter, and 1 son, and 7 1/2 stepgrandkids (the other 1/2 will be finished by June ). My stepkids are older and already flown the nest, and my son is 18 yrs old and is a Senior this year. So, just one more to go! (Either or , kind of have mixed feelings about that fact!)

I have been scrapping since 2003 or 2004, I think. Kind of stumbled into it and it was a gradual process, so not exactly sure when I started. But, it's only been the last three years or so that I've really thrown myself into it, and I love it! It's my stress reliever, and it's cheaper than therapy!

I'm what I call a 'budget' scrapper. I mostly use whatever I can find in clearance bins, on great sales, can be bought with coupons, or I can repurpose from something else! LOL! I don't really have a favorite line of products or tools, I kind of love it all!

New Kid On the Block
In response to GaMtnScrap

Nice to 'meet' you, Tish! You've got quite a family! Congrats on the upcoming grandbaby - that's awesome!

I love your way of scrapping, and I'm a bargain bin shopper myself. I LOVE getting stuff on a deal, and like you said, if I can repurpose it, I absolutely do!

You're just around the corner from me, it sounds like! You'll have to come to my house one night for our monthly crops sometime! Let me know if you're interested... They're just $10 for a Friday night, and include dinner, drinks, snacks and a welcome scrapping gift (plus I have lots of ways to come for free!).

I'd love to meet another local scrapper - that's the most fun of it to me, making new friends and sharing ideas! (I probably said that in my last post, didn't I? I'm a little sleep deprived today - Hayden's had a cold and kept me up for the last couple nights). Forgive me if I'm redundant!

Again, nice to meet you!

Any other Georgia scrappers out there?

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap

Bonnie -pm'd you!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Hi. My name is Betsye, and I live in the north west corner of GA.

I've been scrapbooking since...let me go check my profile...October of 2005.

I have lots of tools I love, coluzzle, tweezers, ink daubers, punches, glue gun...

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to Rosita

Hi, Betsye!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Hi Tish.

I went over to a friend's house to scrapbook today, and before I left I asked myself if there was anything I was leaving behind I HAD to have in order to scrapbook, and when I looked I realized I had not packed my FAVORITE tool (which made me realize I had a favorite tool)
Products Referenced in This Post:

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to Rosita

Wow, Betsye, that's a neat tool! That goes around your finger? Is it easier/better to control it like that? How does it do around curves and such?

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

yes, it does fit around your finger. It's best used with a glass mat, and instead of moving your hand, you move the paper.

My scrapping scissors were missing for a few weeks in the abyss of dd's room and I didn't mind that so much because I had this tool.

I learned about it at the GASC year before last, and had to buy one.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

Oh, and yes, it is so much easier to control than a regular knife, and better than scissors at cutting those hard to reach places.
I used it to cut out these scallops: Catching Waves By Rosita

and I used it to cut out the background pp on this one: Castles in the Sand By Rosita

New Kid On the Block
In response to Rosita

Hey Betsye! So glad you joined us! LOVE the cutter - I may have to get one of those - it did amazing on those layouts of yours (very impressive work, by the way).

We're a small group so far, but it's a start! I'm just tickled to have found some other NGAS! (north ga scrappers!)

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

So, where is your favorite place to scrap?

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to Rosita

Wow, Betsye, those layouts are great! You did a great job on the cutting on those, that scalloped paper on the first one especially, it looks store bought made that way!

My favorite place to scrap is at home! LOL! But mostly just because all my stuff is there and easy to get to, plus I scrap mostly at night when everybody else is asleep or at least vegged out for the evening. But, I'm going to Bonnie's monthly crop this coming Friday night (see her post above and her separate thread on this forum) and I'm excited about it. Turns out she lives just a few miles "up the road" from me, so it's very close. I'm excited to meet other scrappers and maybe get into a regular meeting group. My sweet husband tries, bless him, but he just doesn't 'get it' when it comes to sb'ing stuff!

But, I'm horrible at packing to go to a crop. I try to take EVERYTHING!! I start out good, making myself my own 'page kits' and trying to keep things simple, but then as usual start throwing everything but the kitchen sink in there! Then I think, "Oh, I'm packing too much and getting too complicated here," so I start taking things back out. Then, I think, "Oh, wait, I might need that though," and things start going back in. It's a vicious circle! No wonder it takes me a week to pack to go somewhere!! LOL!!

How about you? What's your favorite place to scrap?

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap

• thebonmama Said:

We're a small group so far, but it's a start! I'm just tickled to have found some other NGAS! (north ga scrappers!)

Me too, Bonnie!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

in my room. Like you, I have everything here...but I also love going to crops.

One of the boys in my son's scout troop just earned his eagle, and his mom has had good intentions of making him a scrapbook, but has not done anything, and wants to at least have some of it scrapped to give him at his Court Of Honor ceremony at the end of THIS MONTH! so I told her that everyone who can just needs to come over to my house Friday night to work on HIS book...and then there will be some Wednesday nights thrown in there too.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

Where is your favorite place to shop?

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to Rosita

Wow, that's nice of you to help her! That's quite an undertaking for such a close due date! Good luck! Has she ever done sb'ing before?

And Eagle scout? Wow, that takes a lot of hard work. My oldest stepson made Eagle. It really helped his military career, too. When he went into the Coast Guard, he started out one level higher than the others simply because he had made Eagle. The whole scout experience was really good for him, actually. And the CG only helped.

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
Where is your favorite place to shop?

I mostly shop at Michaels and Hobby Lobby because of their close proximity and easy access. Of the two, I visit M's the most, only because it's next to the grocery store and I'm there every week! LOL! Of the two, though, Hobby Lobby is my favorite. They just have better selection. But, no matter which of the 2 local HL's I go to, it's at least a 40 min drive from my home, so takes a little more effort and therefore is not a weekly trip. Sometimes, though, when I'm running errands for my company, I'm within spitting distance of HL, and sometimes I swing by. Shhhh...don't tell my plant manager-although he probably already knows! I've worked with him for 22 yrs, so he probably knows me well enough by now to know! LOL! But, when I do that, I have to know exactly what I'm going for and get it and get out. I don't have time to look around and really enjoy it. So, I usually just do that when there's something very specific I want and/or is on sale. (Hey, they don't pay me for my gas or use of my personal vehicle, so I figure the 15 mins I spend in there equals it out, right?) Otherwise, I'd rather just plan a trip on my own time when I can look around.

I've bought online before, but that's not the normal for me. Usually I have to be able to pick it up, look at it, feel it, etc. Although I say that, I did order some CTMH cardstock from the online catalog before actually seeing it. But, I'm confident I'll like it. It was a such a good deal and the colors looked too great, I just couldn't pass it up!

Where do you like to shop? Do you have any favorite lines?

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

I usually shop at HL and M's too, but my favorite store is in Pigeon Forge. Have you ever been to the Scrapbook Superstore there? It has a so much stuff!

I like to see stuff in person too, but sometimes seeing it on several layouts I like is enough for me. And of course, M's and HL have a limited supply. If I have to see some of the new stuff in person, I go to Archiver's in Atlanta.

There are websites I order from, and I like the daily deal sites.

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
I usually shop at HL and M's too, but my favorite store is in Pigeon Forge. Have you ever been to the Scrapbook Superstore there? It has a so much stuff!

I like to see stuff in person too, but sometimes seeing it on several layouts I like is enough for me. And of course, M's and HL have a limited supply. If I have to see some of the new stuff in person, I go to Archiver's in Atlanta.

There are websites I order from, and I like the daily deal sites.

No, I haven't been to the superstore in Pigeon Forge. (Goodness, I haven't even been to Pigeon Forge for that matter in something like 15 years?!?) There used to be a Scrapbook Superstore down around Town Center mall that I kept wanting to go to, but never did, and now I don't even know if it's still there or not. And I know it's almost scrapbooking sacreligious, but I've never been to Archivers! I know, bad scrapper, bad scrapper! (smacking myself on the back of the hand!) But again, that's down there near **the mall** which is somewhere I don't go often. I did go to the new HL down there a few weeks ago, but I snuck in the back way and then got the heck out of dodge when I came out (I had an appt to get to back up near home anyways). I just HATE the traffic down there! I am soooo seriously spoiled that I work 12 miles from my house and just have to travel on back country roads to get there. It makes me traffic-intolerant-lazy!! Ha ha! But, I really should go to at least Archiver's. I've heard such good things about it.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

I've only been to Archiver's a couple of times. The Scrapbook Superstore Clearance centers are more in my price range. (Everything 50% off)

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to Rosita

You know that Fiskars fingertip control knife you showed? I found one at Walmart, but it was over in the school supply section and it looked a little different. It was black instead of orange, but the price was only $4.95. Is that a good price? Do you think it's basically the same thing? Ever since you showed that little knife, I've been seeing it everywhere now! You started a trend! I've also seen one online with a swivel blade. I have a regular craft knife with a swivel blade and love it, so this one really caught my interest, but it was much higher than the one I saw at WM with the fixed blade. Does your orange one have a fixed or swivel blade? Was there any kind of learning curve when you first got it, or was it pretty easy and nothing that much different? I'm really thinking of getting that one at WM to try it! My craft knife collection is growing! But, oddly enough, they all are different and each have their own use, you know? Almost like all the different black ink pads I seem to be collecting too! LOL!

I'll have to see if that Scrapbook Superstore is still at Town Mall. I mean, 50% off is worth driving in mall traffic! LOL!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Lol, I didn't start the trend, but it is a good tool. I don't think they had the one with the swivel blade when I got mine. I've been curious about the swivel blade though...and may eventually get it.

The only 'learning curve' was to move the paper instead of the knife.

Oh, and it works best when cutting on a glass surface...

I went to 2 different Scrapbook Superstore Clearance centers last April, and they were both close to the Archiver's...one in Marrietta, and the other one on the other side of Atlanta...was that Buford? it was near the Mall of GA...

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to Rosita

Well, I bought that fingertip control knife at Wally World. I was wrong on the price in my prev post, it was only $3.97. So, I went for it. I have played with that thing off and on all weekend and I LOVE IT!! The only problem I had with it was the second time I used it, I pushed too hard and broke the very tip of the blade. But, since it uses the standard Xacto blades, I had more and it was an easy fix. I guess with the way your fingers are, you just don't have to apply as much pressure! But that was the only problem and I quickly learned my lesson on the pressure. I LOVE the control you have with that thing and that you can "see" on both sides of the blade. I never realized before how much my big fingers block the view with a traditional craft knife until now! And I agree with you, it works best on the glass mat. And I got to thinking, not sure a swivel blade is really all that necessary. It might be somewhat helpful, I guess, but the fixed blade can go around curves very well itself, just because of the better control you have. Anyway, thanks for the recommendation on the tool! It really is great and I'm happy I got it. Best $4 tool investment I've ever made, hands down!

The clearance store in Marietta is the one I knew about, it's actually at Town Center Mall. I never know whether to call that area "Marietta" or "Kennesaw" because it's so on the line between the two. Kind of like Alpharetta and Roswell are so close together they just kind of blur together. My family's always called it AlphaRoswell! Ha ha! So, I guess where the clearance store is can be called either MariKennesaw or MariKennetta, Ha ha! And yes, I checked there's one listed for Buford too, somewhere over near the Mall of Georgia. I haven't been over in that area in forever, so I have no idea what's over there now. Apparently, though, the one you first spoke of in Pigeon Forge is their main one? I just figured as much since when I went to their website, that was the one they actually listed and they have all kinds of special Tennessee and Pigeon Forge die cuts, paper, and such. The only way I could find the other two locations was just in the yellow pages, but they have the same name and logo so I assume they're all related. I would bet the one in TN is bigger too.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Glad you're enjoying the new tool. I won't go to crop anywhere without mine.

You're right, the one in Pigeon Forge is bigger than the clearance centers, and in Pigeon Forge, they also have a clearance center, so you can get the best of both worlds in one shopping center.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Rosita

Hey gals! Sorry I've been MIA for a bit... went on VACATION!! (WHOOT!) I'm back now, although part of me wishes I was still in Florida! At least for the sunny, warm weather!

To answer your earlier questions - my favorite tool... gosh, it's hard to pick one. I love my Cricut, and I love my ink pads, if those count as a tool. I find myself using both of those on pretty much every layout.

I love to shop at Archivers, but I spend most of my time and money there in the clearance papers and the $1.99 Hot Spots. And I use my coupons they send for the big stuff I want.

I love the SC center in Pigeon Forge, although I've only been there once. The one by the Mall at Town Center is great, too. I do a lot of my shopping at Walmart or Michaels, or little local stores I find. And of course, I love shopping CTMH. Their paper packs are just my favorite, and I love the stamp sets to pieces!

My favorite place to scrap is with friends. I would say at home, but that's only true when my friends are over (which is why I host crops). I hate trying to lug all my stuff around, but I just feel more creative and 'into' scrapping when I'm with a bunch of friends and can see what they're doing and get ideas and feedback while I'm working. Just sitting at home by myself, it's hard to get motivated. I really, really love weekend retreats. I love the girl time, I love the 48 hours of non-stop scrapping, and it really makes lugging everything around worth it. Those are my favorites, I think.

So, Tish, you're liking the new cutter, huh? I may have to swing by Walmart and see if I can find one. That sounds like a great idea you've given us, Rosita! I can hardly wait to go get one and try it!!

Oh, and Tish, I meant to tell you. My friend Carrie, who was at the crop the other night, got me back in to crocheting, so I've been working on a tote bag and am so ready to be finished with it and see the whole thing! Have you made any progress on the gift for your friend yet? I was telling Carrie, we need to have a crochet night too, and she said she would have one at her house soon (she's in North Canton, so pretty close), so you'll have to come so we can all work on our projects!

Anyway, I need to get back to work (shh, don't tell), but I wanted to catch up with you gals. Have a great Thursday!

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap

Betsye, I can see why you won't go to a crop without that little finger knife, it's really neat! Hey, I've been meaning to ask, how's the album for the Eagle Scout coming?

Bon, Hi! I noticed you'd been quiet on all fronts for a few days. There's a bug going around my son's school and my work, so I was hoping you weren't quiet because of something like that. Glad to hear it was because of something good like a vacation! And, you had warm and sunny? I'm envious. I'm so glad Spring is close. I'm to that point of winter where I swear it's going to take until June to completely warm up again!

I can second Betsye's recommendation on that Fiskars fingertip control knife. It's awesome! If you look for it at the Canton WM, it's in the regular kids craft section, across from the office pens/pencils, and up high over the kids Crayola magic stuff. Not sure why they put it with the kids craft stuff, it's obviously not for kids. But, mmmmkay, whatever.... In their defense, they did put it way up high on the top of the shelves, I guess that counts for something?

And no, I never finished my crochet baby blanket for my neighbor. In fact, I got so frustrated with it, I tore it all back out and started a new pattern. I should know better by now not to try anything too involved or hard, I should keep things simple. I mostly crochet when I watch TV, so simple patterns work best, plus if it's too hard I just end up getting frustrated and losing interest. I've been crocheting since I was like 14, but still can't do anything too complicated! LOL! Let me know if Carrie does a crochet night. Maybe I could make it, depends on the day and time.

So, do y'all have any crafty plans this weekend? Tomorrow I have off work, but unfortunately have a ton of errands and things to do, esp since hubby has to work most of the weekend. I hate when the Honey Do List gets shifted back my way! LOL! Then Saturday I will be attending my son's indoor drumline competition which will last all day. It's his next to last one (the next Sat is the championships in Macon) so I'm not missing it! So, I'm hoping Sunday I can actually play on some sb'ing things. Supposed to be a rainy day, so sounds like a good afternoon to put on the comfy sweat pants and play the rest of the day away! So, what about you guys? You going to have any crafty time this weekend?

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

I may have some time Sunday to scrap. I'm in Gatlinburg now waiting on some friends from here who are part of the secret sisters swap to arrive from NC so we can spend today and tomorrow together having fun, etc.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

And I did bring some scrapstuff with me, but I don't know how much, if any, we'll do. We plan on shopping and eating and laughing, etc. etc. etc.

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to Rosita

Wow, Betsye, that sounds like fun! Hope you have a good time! Wish I could take off for a scrap weekend like that, even if there wasn't much scrapping gone on! It sounds like fun just to get together with gal pals for the weekend. How long does it take for you to get to Gatlinburg/PF from where you live? Must not take too long?

Anyway, have a GREAT time! I assume there will be a trip to the Scrapbook Clearance Warehouse in there somewhere?

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

about 2 1/2 hours... we went there twice...once on Friday and once on Saturday.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to Rosita

Hi Everyone

I am a little late in joining this thread, hope I can still be a part of the fun!

I am Maureen and I live between Suwanee and Cumming with my DH Jeff. I've been scrapping since 1998 but am currently on hiatus due to some wrist issues. I'm going through physical therapy and absolutely cannot wait to be done so I can scrap and do other things again! 3 more weeks til I go back to have my wrist evaluated again.

My favorite tool(s) are my fiskers rotary trimmer, my cuttlebug and craftrobo pro. I also use alot of CM tools and some of their paper packs too. I mainly shop at Hobby Lobby and Michaels (both are 5-10 minutes from where I live). Sometimes I buy from the superstore here and my SIL is a CM consultant, so I buy stuff from her too.

Starting at the beginning of this year, I started a Project 365 (also currently on hold due to not being able to hold my camera - makes it hard to take pictures!). I also made a promise to myself when I started that project that I would not buy anything new until I use quite a bit of what I already own. My store purchases are limited to adhesive, albums/pages/protectors and photo prints. So far it has been alot of fun to shop in my own stash.

As time permits, I will be checking in on this thread and trying to keep up! I look forward to getting to know everyone in the new group!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Shutterbugg

Hi Maureen.

I think when life slows down in a few years, I'll want to do a Project 365, but then what would I scrap since life has slowed down...so in the mean time, I'll just settle for running myself ragged trying to keep up with the kids and taking pictures to scrap at a later date.

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to Rosita

Hi, Maureen. I think we've talked before. Sorry to hear about your wrist, and I hope you can get back to scrapping soon.

I've heard/read alot about Project 365 but have never even considered doing it myself. Seems like too much for me, at least right now what with working and trying to keep up my son and all his activities. But, maybe sometime I'll have more time and will feel like I could give it a good try.

Hey, do you shop at the Hobby Lobby in Cumming? I shop there sometimes too, maybe we've seen each other and didn't even know it! I work near Cumming, and on the weeks that it's my "turn" to run the company errands in town, I will sometimes swing in to pick up something. But, I usually only do that when I know specifically what I want to get because I don't have time to just look around. So, if you ever see a woman there in late morning and in a big hurry, it's probably me! LOL!

Let us know how your physical therapy is going, and hopefully it'll be over soon and you'll be back to scrapping in no time!

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
about 2 1/2 hours... we went there twice...once on Friday and once on Saturday.

Wow, that's relatively close (alot closer than from where I am anyways), but still you spent 10 hours driving between 2 days? Now that's devotion! LOL! Or is that 2 1/2 hrs total, for there and back? Either way, close enough for a great Scrap weekend or great scrap shopping trip, right?

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

I wouldn't have driven there twice in one weekend by myself. I met a couple of the girls from NC who were in the secret sister swap, and we stayed in a hotel Friday night.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to Rosita

Hi Tish - - Yes, We've talked before! Good to see you again!
Yes, I shop at the Cumming HL and M's. You are right, we may have seen each other over there and didn't know it! I've not been to either in a while since I am trying to just use what's in my collection.

My PT is going well, thanks for asking. I still have 3 more weeks and then the Dr will re-evaluate it. (I go Mon and Fri and do other PT on my own 3 times a day/everyday). I can tell it is getting better but I still have not figured out how to keep the same thing from happening again. Dr says I may have to wear the brace when working on the computer, lifting things or doing anything repetitive with that hand/arm. I'm good with that - it's a much better option than surgery and 8+ weeks in a full arm cast followed by months of PT.

Project 365 was turning out to be alot of fun and I really wish I could have continued with it. There are a couple layouts posted in my gallery but not many. I do have 2 others done but have not been able to take pictures of them to get them posted. Soon though I will. It was fun to document the silly little things that happened each day, things I normally would not of thought to photograph or scrap for the most part. My Dh was even getting in on the fun of this project and taking some of the pictures. At first, project 365 seemed like it would be alot for me to deal with too so I modified mine a bit. Instead of scrapping a layout per day, I decided to do a two page spread with a each weeks worth of pictures. That was so much more manageable for me since I don't normally get to scrap during the week. As soon as I can, I will be starting this project again.

What kind of layouts/projects has everyone been working on lately?

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Shutterbugg

This whole month, I've been helping create a scrapbook for a boy scout who earned his eagle. His mom wants to give him scrapbooks Sunday. The last day to work on it is Saturday.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose

Are you still taking members, I live in Canton and have been scrapping over 10 years. I love tools and gadgets, and have to try them all. I've not scrapped much thiis past year and need some new friends for inspiration. Would love to scrap with you.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Mother Goose

Hi Kay! Welcome.

Hi Girls. We delivered the almost finished scrapbooks today at the Eagle Court Of Honor. Everyone loved looking at them. Gloria told me I could post the layouts I did on here, so I scanned about half of them that I did this month. This is the one that I like the best, and will be recreating for my son's book. I'm definitely going to have to get a copy of the group photo! Alex's expression on here is so...so...what's the word/phrase that I'm looking for? Brave? Adventurous? Masculine? nope..Confident! Totally at ease with himself, and I love that. Raft Race By Rosita

(My son is the one wearing glasses)

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to Mother Goose

Hi, everybody! I have been so busy this weekend and just now got a chance to pop on the internet and check in.

Hello, Kay (Mother Goose)! Nice to meet you! Welcome, and come right on in! If you're in Canton, then I'm not far north of you. I'm in Ball Ground--you know, that little spot on the road just north of Canton! LOL! Maybe you could come to Bonnie's (Bonmama) crop sometime in Jasper? (She's posted a separate thread about it.) It's usually the first Friday of the month, but in April it will be on the second since the first one is Good Friday. So it will be on April 9th at 6 pm until midnight. Last month was my first time there, but it was great. Everybody there is super nice and Bonnie feeds you (and she's a good cook, too!). If you're interested, let me know, I'll send you the rest of the info. If you're not interested in that, maybe sometime we could meet up at the *new* crop at the Canton Michael's sometime. My understanding is that Michael's now has a crop the last Friday evening of the month from 5 to 8:45 or something like that. (I've also read that some M's really do a great job with it and others don't, hit or miss, so not sure what we'd find in Canton, but we could find out sometime.)

Maureen, I might could do a 365 the way you suggested. I might could do a week, or maybe I could change it to a month at a time? Or would a month be too long? Something to think about, for sure. Didn't know you could modify it. Of course, why couldn't you, right? I don't think the Scrap Police would raid your scrap space for doing it wrong, right? (Sorry, my dh has been watching a Cops marathon all day, and I think it's starting to effect how I think!) So, how's your PT going? Hang in there, not too much longer now. You can do it!

Betsye, how did the scrapbook for the Eagle Scout go? Did ya'll get it finished in time? Did he like it? I bet he did!

Well, I've been busy this weekend. My son is on Winter Indoor Drumline and yesterday was the state championships in Macon. They came in 3rd place! Yeaaay! And then last night was his Senior Prom! I know, his school has their's super early for some reason. But, it was great anyway. Weather was nice, and all. He and his gf were a little late, by the time they got back from Macon, got changed, and ate. But, they said they had a great time. The theme was Casino Royale, and it sounded like fun! Then today I rearranged my scrap space AGAIN! But, I got the neatest shelf unit thing (it's got three shelves and sits on the desktop) that they were tossing at work, and I was anxious to put it to use. I still want to get some nice baskets or something to put on the shelves to put my things in. Right now, they are just on the shelves and it looks a little clutter-y. But I think it's going to work out well. That spurred me to rearrange how things are on my pegboard, and that led to something else, and well you know how that goes! Anyway, now that I've finally got my space cleaned back up, I think I'll sit and actually scrap!

Well, have a great rest of the evening, everybody!

TLC Scraps
Tenant
TLC Scraps

Hi, I'm Lia and I live in NW GA (Dallas). I've been scrapping for about 8 years. I'm a mother of four. I have all types of gadgets. My hubby turned half of our garage into my scrap room, to see up dated pictures you can check out my blog at www.scrapsation.blogspot.com, pictures are at the bottom of the page. I love to trying and coming up with new techniques. I hope to get to know some of you.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to TLC Scraps

Hi Lia. You've got some beautiful things on your blog, and I'm envious of your scraproom.

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to Rosita

Hi, Lia, nice to meet you. Your scrap room is awesome, looks like a great place to craft away the day! That was so nice of your hubby to help you get that space. And I love those flowers you made on that vintage/antiqued mini book on your blog. How did you do that? Those are amazing!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Happy Easter!

wendyswhimsys
Veteran
wendyswhimsys
In response to Rosita

Hi my name is Wendy, I live in Augusta, dont know if you con it north west or not?We moved here a year ago, I love scrapbooking, I got a job at M's Iam incharge of our fri night crops, we had fun last month, I made examples of some of the stuff we carry, got to show how to use the cricut .Ive been in some of the swaps, Iam having a blast.We had 2 scrapbook stores in town but they both closed. BBOOO HOOO.Hope to get to know you guys.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to wendyswhimsys

Good morning Wendy!

I've thought about doing the M's crops, but it's such a short amount of time...

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to Rosita

Hi, Wendy. Welcome to the Georgia club! My husband said I wasn't allowed to ever work for Michael's or Hobby Lobby because he said we'd end up having to pay them for me to work (I think he was insinuating I'd bring home more goodies than the paycheck would total!).

Hello everybody, I hope everybody had a great Easter!

So, what projects are y'all working on these days? I've done a few layouts and I'm still trying to unmount all my wood stamps and move all my stamps to CD storage. I am also doing a stamp 'index' as I go (so I can see what all I have and what CD case it's stored in). I just work on it a little at a time so that it doesn't become overwhelming. I sure wished I'd done this from the beginning! I'm also working on a Mother's Day project for my mom. What y'all got going on?

I'm going to our monthly crop tomorrow, and I'm so excited! I've been looking forward to this all month! Tonight I will have to finish packing up what I'm taking.

Just thought I'd take a second to drop by and say Hello!

wendyswhimsys
Veteran
wendyswhimsys

Thats so funny my husband says the same thing I had to tell the manager I wasnt allowed to work for trade... I would if I could...

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to wendyswhimsys

When I was laid off last year, I considered getting a job at HL or M's, but decided it wouldn't pay the bills, and since I'm a single mom of 2 kids, and my check is the only income...

shae516
Guru
shae516
In response to Rosita

Hi ladies! My name is Amanda and I live in Woodstock. Born and raised in Peachtree City, went to college in Daholega, and have landed in Woodstock with my husband of 6 years (next Saturday) and our crazy 3.5 year old, Ethan. I have been looking for people to scrap with since none of my friends are into it.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to shae516

Hi Amanda! Happy Anniversary.

wendytart
Tenant
wendytart
In response to Rosita

Hey ladies! I live in East Marietta and stumbled on this thread while I was poking around the website. I would love to get to know you ladies. I have been scrapbooking since 1998 and I actually work for Couture Cardstock. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to wendytart

I haven't heard of Couture Cardstock before...do they make scrapbooking stuff?

shae516
Guru
shae516
In response to Rosita

Hi Wendy! I live in Woodstock...we probably aren't that far away from each other

jeneppers
Veteran
jeneppers
In response to shae516

hello everyone!! i hope we can keep this thread up..

My name is Jennifer and I live in Dallas, Ga. I've been scrapping for about 5 years. I also would like to meet new people b/c I do not have anyone to scrap with. My dh is convinced no one else does this "stuff" as he calls it!!

shae516
Guru
shae516
In response to jeneppers

Jennifer, you aren't that far from me...I'm in Woodstock! I don't have anyone to scrap with either, so we should try to get together sometime!

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00
In response to shae516

Hey Everyone!! I live near Northeast GA...it's in the corner of GA/TN/AL. I can step out the door in be in either one of the 3 states in minutes. Does that count?

I'm single and I work from home, so I don't have much interaction with people. I've looked in the TN and AL forums and ran across you guys here in the GA one. I have a dear dear nephew who turns 1 on Saturday Aug 28 and I have 4 furbabies!! Dogs! I scrapbook a lot of dog pictures. I'm still slowly uploading my pages in to the gallery. But, I'd love to get to know some fellow scrappers near me!! I have found a group to scrapbook with and we meet every 2 weeks. I've invited them to join the site, but so far they haven't. I absolutely love this site!

shae516
Guru
shae516
In response to Shelly_Anne00

Hi Shelly!!

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00
In response to shae516

Hey!!! I am excited to get a response!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics